Speaker 1: Welcome to the Solid Verbal. I'm that for me, I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy.
Speaker 1: You want to be happy for Dake Edo State? Is that woo whoom? And Dan and Tie welcome back to the Solid Rebel. Boys and girls. My name is Ty Hildebrand, joining me as always my man, my man, Dan Rubinstein over there in New York City, Sir, how are you? I'm good.
Speaker 2: It feels like you could warm up for a like a game show or a talk show. Like you have a good voice when you when you say my man, yeah, Like I feel as if you could get the crowd going at the price is right, some Drew Carrey comes out.
Speaker 1: I'm the Drew Carrey hype man. Is what you're saying?
Speaker 2: You're an opener, like you could come out before Conan, Like?
Speaker 1: Where is everybody from? That?
Speaker 2: I feel doesn't pay well but might be your professional calling.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know how to follow that up, but welcome to the show, boys and girls. I'm Ty, He's Dan. We're the Solid Verbal. You can find us out on Apple or Google or Spotify or tune in or stitcher anywhere where you can find a podcast you can listen for free. That's what we do here. We talk college football now twice a week as we gear up for the college football season. Today we are doing a very important show. It is our SEC West preview show. Dan. We've been going through division by division, conference by conference and talking about all the relevant factoids that may only interest you and I, but nonetheless are somewhat important. And we did what Big ten East a week ago. Yep, that was a big one. Tonight, We've got a huge one. A lot of interest for sure in the SEC West.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it is the best division in the southern part of the United States. That is something I am willing to confidently say in state right.
Speaker 1: That is objectively true.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, I'm excited for this one. I don't have a nickname for the SEC West like we've given nicknames to other divisions, the SEC VEST, the SEC VEST Formed. I don't know the SEC Chest. I'm not there yet, Tie.
Speaker 1: We need a little we need a little skin from Nick Saban before we go SEC Chest.
Speaker 2: That's true, there is a lot to talk about. This is probably more fun for me to talk about than it has been these past few years, just because I like novelty tie. I like treating college football like a TV show, and I enjoy that it's a new season, a couple of stars left, and we're getting in new blood, you know, and hopefully it's like did you watch Friday Night Lights? Yeah, of course, I'm hoping it's an East Dill and West still in situation. Yeah, where we have some new stars, we have some new storylines. I am excited for what I think is because you know, traditionally these past few years, it's been sort of Alabama LSU, and then Auburn here and there. Auburn, you know, is comes along and has a great season, then goes like six and six, or you have a year or two of the Mississippi schools jumping up, making a lot of noise, and then obviously after making a lot of noise, you get tight and need a massage.
Speaker 1: Shout out.
Speaker 2: But there is something very exciting to me about Arkansas rebooting. And we do miss you, Burt. We miss you a whole lot.
Speaker 1: We do. I still have the sound on the board. By the way, people, we did a Reddit ama on yes, reddit dot com, slash r slash solid verbal or subreddit, and we did get a very specific question about the soundboard. Would we be expanding the soundboard to include sounds for other coaches, And there was a call out in there for the Brett Beelms sound, which is never going to leave. That's never going to go away just because he's not a coach.
Speaker 2: Part of our fabric. We have Jimbo Fisher in a pretty sensical move in terms of we expect a lot of success both in the recruiting trail on the field with texts A and M. I don't know if that means anything beyond nine to three, but in the SEC West that's pretty good. And there's I think that the nearest and dearest part of the novelty of the SEC West, and that's the very first person to ever work in both the Bronx and Starkville, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a weird VENN diagram, isn't.
Speaker 2: It has become a thing. And Matt Luke with a really fun offense at Ole, miss and then you have the sort of more familiar stories at Alabama Auburn.
Speaker 1: And listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen. I'm ready don't preview it all right out of the show.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm just it's sort of like when you read one of those articles on the internet tie yeah, where they got a couple of highlights up top, but you got to dig down to find out.
Speaker 1: Okay, all the juicy stuff. Well, you are excited. You sound about as excited as you were the last time you drank a cold Bruce.
Speaker 2: So I hope you're had a I had a green tea. I've got some ginger tea right now. It's all flowing, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for downloading the show, for listening to the show. We're excited, as you can probably tell, to talk about all things sec. We're also very excited for a big deal we've got going on this weekend. Now. Look, we have talked about this for several months and weeks running, but it is down to the nitty gritty. Yeah. If you are going to be in Chicago, if you are going to be around Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, If you're just listening to the band Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever the case. If you're a Bears fan, I don't care, get your butt to Chicago. Yeah. On Saturday, August the eleventh, we are doing our Fantasy Things Live show at seven pm Eastern in the Videom Theater. Tickets are still available. Go to solid verbaltickets dot com today. Please if you are not coming, by your tickets. If you are already coming, maybe recruit another friend to come with you and buy a ticket for them. We're going to pack that place as best we can. Still just a handful left, but we want people to show up, and we're very excited about this show. We've also had the opportunity to now go through and in truth solid verbal forms start planning our show. Woefully late, yes, but the early draft prospects for a Fantasy Things draft are hysterical. I am very excited about where this is going to head.
Speaker 2: It's our stupidest and most ridiculous draft ever. And I can promise you if you show up, ty will one do a standing back flip. Two, reveal his day job, his mystery day job, mysterious day job. And three and this is the spiciest tie. You've sworn me to secrecy, but you said you will reveal the Hollywood starlet with whom you had an affair many moons ago. Yeah, this is all happened. I thought I made all of that up, but you were in you you got a little bit closer to your headphones thinking that there was this. It's it's going to be a great time. We've got guests, there's my parents are going to be there. Yeah, it's it's ridiculous the mix of people that my Adam Aman's going to be there with my parents. It's all going to be very strange and fun. And we cannot stress enough. If none of this appeals to you, you got to come just to hang out and it's a cool place in the Chicago summer. We're doing hashtag tenders with tie after. It's a great it's a great, great time coming out solid reble tickets dot com.
Speaker 1: And if you are going to be there, please do take pictures, Please do tweet out about the event. We reserved the right to use your pictures and tweets on our upcoming new and cool website, which actually might take live tonight. Do it? Why not with our friends from Super Boss. Yeah, you want to get into the sec Why don't we get in? Hold on? I have a drum roll here, Actually, you know what I have, Lex Steele. Let's play him. Yeah, let's play Lex Steele before we talk about the SEC West. So let's start where we always start. Dan, I feel like a broken record because I start out all the previous shows the same way. The framework for all of these shows is why should I care? YEP, Because we're both in our mid thirties at this point. The burden of everyday life is much greater now than it was when we're like fifteen, eighteen, twenty twenty two. Got a lot of things on our minds, So why should we care about the SEC West? And that's where we're going with all this. But before we get there, let's talk about our initial impressions about the West just as a division within the SEC, within the ecosystem of college football. What are your main takeaways here.
Speaker 2: That there's no real middle ground to the SEC West. You have like a ton of experience mixed with a ton of questions. No, there's no team that is like, oh yeah, I definitely see seven and five, eight and four. Things can go in so many different ways for everybody, and I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. I think somebody's going to jump up. I think somebody's going to fall down. But there is which I think I like. I think I do like this that we're dealing with the case of extremes, at least before the season actually starts. That's my impression. You have two teams that have the clear best defensive fronts in the division to me, Alabama and Auburn. LSU is right there as well, but not quite, and everybody else is just scrambling. Everybody else has pieces. There's another team that I like that could go to nine to ten wins. But I like the fact that there is nothing mellow about this division.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's a lot of mystery about it too. I think we know what we're gonna we're going to get from Alabama, right, we don't know all the key contributors. Well, we don't know all the key contributors on defense because they're relatively new on defense. But I think we expect a level of quality from Alabama that we've seen YearIn and year out. That's one of the constants of the SEC West. But otherwise, you know, new coaches at Mississippi State and Texas A and M and Arkansas. I got some real hot takes on Arkansas, a full.
Speaker 2: Time at Ole miss interim tag is off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sure. So just a lot of mystery throughout that I think makes this a very very interesting side of the SEC to follow. Let's start at the top with Alcabama. None of Alabama. Okay, defending national champion dog, we gotta talk about it. I wanted to.
Speaker 2: I mean in the way like we did last week. I like throwing people for a loop. Who did we start with last week?
Speaker 1: In Indiana? Indiana? Okay, I want to start with Alabama. They are these as expected. Yeah, I know, defending national champions eleven to one regular season, won the playoff game, and of course won a thriller in the National Championship over Georgia, over time, big time pass from Tua tongue of Iolaa to win that national championship. This year, now, Bama's got ten guys back, ten starters back, seven on offense, three on defense. But what I would say is that the number is a little bit misleading if you're Alabama, because really it's an embarrassment of riches from top to bottom, and even a lot of the quote unquote non starters got a ton of playing time last year, So it's not a true indicator in the way that it might be if we're talking about a team like in Iowa. Right, there's just so much depth at Alabama that I think, I think I.
Speaker 2: Like Iowa don't pick on Iowa.
Speaker 1: I'm not picking on Iowa. But would you debate the point that Alabama's got way more depth than Iowa.
Speaker 2: I would not debate that point.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So here's where we're at with this team. We're going to get into all of the relevant names, but I will start out by saying it is an extremely workable road schedule, which is what I look at first and foremost anytime we're talking about SEC teams, because usually, especially in the West, it's a murderer's row. Here is what we're looking at in terms of a road schedule for Alabama at Mississippi, at Arkansas, at Tennessee, and at LSU. Those are the true road games, right.
Speaker 2: Louisville's in Orlando.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was gonna say that's where you stole my thunder a little bit, but sorry, No, it's okay. I think the toughest game away from home might be in Week one, and it might be the neutral cider in Orlando against Louisville.
Speaker 2: No, you think going to Orlando to play Louisville a Brian Van Gorder defense is going to be more difficult than the two million dollar man with a lot of healthy talent and Dave Randa go in Death Valley.
Speaker 1: I said, Mike, I was Hedgie a little bit. I said, might we love Puma pass? We do. I love me some Puma Pass, but.
Speaker 2: I think Elsie's gonna be tougher in Death Valley.
Speaker 1: That's a fair point. So with that being said, I think an extraordinary amount of attention is going to be paid to this quarterback battle, and I have battle in quotes. It's truly an extraordinary situation if you think about it, because Jalen Hurts, like not an all time great passer, but at the same time has just lost what is it, one game in two years as a starting quarterback for Alabama, which A that's really good. It's really really good, even if he's not a top level passer. Agreed, disagree concerns thoughts.
Speaker 2: No, I don't disagree at all. Jalen Hurts has been excellent. But within the context of Alabama, I don't believe a quarterback goes to Alabama to beat clearly inferior teams and look great doing so. I want to say that a quarterback and on that level, great position players on both sides to the ball go to Alabama to win games. In late November, December, and early January. And so that's not the case for We'll stick with Iowa or Kansas State or cal whatever. But within the context of Alabama, it's great to say he's, you know, nine and oh or eighteen and oh in September and October, but it doesn't While the sec it just means more, it doesn't mean as much in this situation.
Speaker 1: I would agree absolutely. We are now in a weird spot where Jalen's backup save the day in the National title game, in the second half of the National title game, title game, excuse me, particularly in the fourth quarter and overtime spots of that National Championship game, which means there is now a real open question about who is going to get the spot. I think it's assumed that it's going to be to a tongue of Ayola at this point.
Speaker 2: I like, how careful you are attentive to his last name.
Speaker 1: As you might have guessed, Jalen Hurts is frustrated about this, and he did. He raised some eyebrows with comments that he made last week where he was pretty candid about the situation. He's like, nobody's asked me how I felt about this How did you feel about what he said? I thought all of it was reasonable. He's in a very strange position as an admittedly successful quarterback who has done everything asked of him. He had a bad first half.
Speaker 2: He had a not so great Iron Bowl, not great against Clemson, but the defense was unreal, and they made a good call to bring in his backup, and his backup shines. And he's been put in this position where I don't think he wants to sit out for a year, and he can graduate at the end of this season, I believe, in December. And it's hard to imagine that no matter what the coaching staff says, that he is getting the fairest shake in terms of competing for this job, because it's impossible to view twenty eighteen in a vacuum, because you have all of this evidence that at times, and listen, he was even in the National Championship game they lost, he was amazing. He brought them back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, It's it's hard not to say we got to see what Tua has. It's hard not to say that after you know, he looked great in garbage time last year. He didn't really play that many, if any meaningful snaps in games where there were something on the line, you know, within a couple of touchdowns or something. But coming in and playing that way against Georgia, it's impossible not to ask yourself what would he be like getting number one reps in practice, starting games, getting in a rhythm, getting more comfortable with the speed of the game. So I can sympathize with Jalen Hurt saying nobody's really talking to me. It feels like everybody's going through the motions. I feel like I'm going through the motions, and it's it's difficult, and I think it a rough spring because too was out, so he was counted on for the number one reps once again. So it was a hand injury, which was now fine. But it's a tricky situation. And I cannot imagine a way in which he is named the outright starter and that is that, and he hangs out in Tuscaloosa for another year after this one.
Speaker 1: It's such a weird situation. There were say what we want about his passing numbers, but a lot of his numbers did improve from the year before. He just wasn't the savior in the National Championship game. And let's be honest.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be the savior. He just had to be Okay, are.
Speaker 1: Pretty good, that's fair, absolutely, and he may not have the skill set at least the same degree as to a tongue of ayolola so attentive. The other thing that I'll point out here, because there are other players in this team, yeah, is how damn striking it is to look at the numbers from last year and realize how Little Bama actually needed to throw because they had three guys and Damien Harris, Jalen Hurts, and Scarborough, all of whom had more than one hundred and twenty four carries. Naji Harris had sixty one carries. So they ran the ball an awful lot last year. This year, both Damian and Nase are back. Dan It's a double Harris backfield, and I'm thinking, I'm thinking my pet nickname could be Major Harris in an old nod to like nineteen eighty eight West Virginia quarterback Major Harris.
Speaker 2: Major Harris is not bad. You've You've thrown some stinkers out there. It was gonna I have as a as a Californian, I was gonna go with Harris Ranch, which is a booie.
Speaker 1: That's better. That's better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing I don't like about that is it's like a cattle ranch and players most certainly are not pieces of meat.
Speaker 1: So that's the difficulty.
Speaker 2: But if we can ignore that problematic aspect, I Harris Ranch is thriving Harris Ranch.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna run, They're gonna be really good. On offense. They've got something like seven quote unquote starters back again in quotes air quotes because most everyone on the team got an experience from the year prior. Yep. The question for me is I guess on defense if I have one mm hm, because really just another embarrassment or riches back there. The younger guys did see action a year ago, so I'm excited to see veterans like ray Kwan Davis along the line, but I'm also pumped for younger guys like Dylan Moses at linebacker, who is going to be a full time starter this year, and I think he's going to be a tank. The biggest questions are probably in the secondary, and generally Nick Saban does a pretty good job shoring up that secondary well.
Speaker 2: Starting with offense. Even starting above offense and defense, at least in terms of structural organization hierarchy. This is a new looking coaching staff. Yeah, this is Brian Dable leaves after a year. Mike Loxley comes in as the full time offensive coordinator with his co coordinator I believe is Josh Gattis, who comes in from Penn State and State long time. You know, the receivers of Penn State have been excellent these past few year, so you can assume the very least Josh gattis in that passing game. We'll keep going even without Calvin Ridley. Defensively, Jeremy Pruitt, in obviously a high profile move, takes the head job at Tennessee, and in slide sort of, Tosh Lupoy. Interestingly enough, Tosh Lupoy and Mike Losley like three years ago, were analysts. Yeah, Tosh Lupoy situation from cal gets messed up. He leaves, and Mike Loxley obviously after not succeeding as a coordinator and head coach, he slides in as an analyst. Now these guys have worked their way up to coordinator and then a new defensive line coach, maybe the best one in the country in Craig Kuligowski comes from Miami via Miami via Missouri whatever, Missouri via Miami, and it's just it's a new look up and down this coaching staff. So couple that with yes, a ton of offensive experience, offensive experience up front. Jonah Williams has started forever now at left tackle. Receiver is somewhat new without Calvin Ridley, but they'll be fine there. Running back is stupid how good it's going to be. And this is weird to say. Damien Harris was really really good last year and almost feels forgotten because we just sort of assumed he would leave when when eligible, but decided to come back and like, oh yeah, Damien Harris is still there. Naj Harris, I believe will become somebody that when you see him run, there are certain guys who are like, oh wow, he's excellent Naj Harris. Maybe somebody are like, what are you supposed to do? What do you He's impossible? So that is that must be nice. And then you know two is probably going to start if I had to guess, and he his ceiling is incredibly high because of his arm and his awareness, and kahonis I don't know, but sure feels macumin coonis and defensively, I think I disagree with you a little bit, both just on a granular level, not like big picture. There's a lot of holes to fill kinds defense, and I like linebacker a lot because they dealt with injuries at the end of last year, so a lot of guys rotated in and have experience up front. You know, DeShawn han Deron Pain. These guys contributed for so long, and I don't think in the same way that those guys were established names, you know, Raykwon Davis, is that there are other guys in that way ready to step in and immediately. The will by week four or something like that. But I think early on you might see some growing pains. They're gonna kill everybody, but growing pains minebackers great. As we agree. Defensive back we agree again. It's it's at a point where there isn't that one or two names. You're like, yes, they have to replace a lot, but they still have Minca, they still have Marvel.
Speaker 1: There's not a Minca back there this year, right.
Speaker 2: So they'll be fine. They've recruited crazy Well, Patrick's certain and Junior, the best corner in the country steps in and should get into a rotation of some kind just because they're gonna beating teams thirty five to three.
Speaker 1: Also maybe the national champion of making you and I feel old knowing that gosh, he's a Jewie.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we've got some other Yeah, there are other candidates right now. I think Auburn's receivers coach is Cody Burns, which oo okay, but I am not terribly worried about Alabama in a shocking, shocking turn of events. I do think the most difficult game will be the Iron Bowl because of how much talented beef Auburn has on both sides of the ball. And you know, may have the best quarterback in the in the conference in Jared Stidham going to Death Valley, but it's after a bye. They both have a bye the week before. That's going to be tricky. But in terms of unexpected trip ups, so Auburn it would be an expected one. LSU less expected. Mississippi State to me, is is probably the trickiest one, just because of they've recruited pretty well. They gave them all they could handle last year, and it's a week after that LSU game, So give me something there's something unexpected about and wild CARDI about Joe moorehead and Starkville.
Speaker 1: Give me a rec give me a final final win total. Here, I say twelve and zero. Really going out in a limb. I say twelve and oh we got to move on. We got to talk about all these other teams too.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, Okay, I'm going to say ten and two.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, it's a hot take, right there. Take aaru. All right, let's go. You mentioned the Iron Bowl. Now that we've given Alabama their fair shake. They were the national champion a year ago. Don't defend it. I'm not defending it. I am defending it. Sure, I'm owning it. Whatever Auburn. Auburn went nine and three a year ago. I am torn on Auburn this year because there are more things about this team that I like then dislike. But the things that I dislike are really pretty big things. Do you feel the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing that I that worries me to a crazy degree. I'm not as torn as you are.
Speaker 1: Ti.
Speaker 2: I thought I saw a man brought to life. Yeah, he was warm, he came around like he was dignified.
Speaker 1: Sure, well, Natalie and Bruley up in here. Sure, I look. I feel good about Auburn because the defense is seven guys back and they're loaded, especially along the line. Kevin Steele's gonna have them all tuned up. This will probably be one of the better defenses in the country. Oh yeah, and I also feel really good about Jared Stidham because he's back along with like his top five wide receivers from a year ago, but two of them are hurt. Yeah, and I want to talk about that. Actually, Okay, you know we've been doing these spots where we talk about the athletic and what the athletic brings to the table and how everyone should sign up.
Speaker 2: But I am not torn about the athletic.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not either. I wanted to call out something specific that I saw from Justin Ferguson over at the athletic. Did you read this about Auburn's depth at wide receiver, the roles each guy can play within the malson offense. You see it's titled here. I got the title, no Stove, no Hastings, no problem. How Auburn can replace the injured receiver duo and not miss a beat. Yeah, I wanted to I wanted to call this out because you know, you and I were researching every team in college football, every Power five team at least in college football to a pretty good degree. And there are only so many magazines that you can go through, only so many web previews that you can skim.
Speaker 2: And they're printed in like May or June. Right, they're printed in miss fairly updated. Yeah, there are.
Speaker 1: Only so many you can look through, and really you're not able to get a good idea of true context for what is going on within a system. What mister Ferguson did, he was really useful to me as someone who has to go and record and talk about these teams knowledgeably. He went like with a microscope and just dove in on what we're looking at here at a position group, how that position group affects the larger offense at Auburn. I found this just as a fan and as someone who has to talk about these or at least act like I know what I'm talking about these teams. This to me was genuinely interesting and useful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I so, First of all, they are only like fourteen national college football podcasters, right, and I think all of us already subscribe to the Athletic so we don't need to sell the national college football podcasters.
Speaker 1: But I am.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of the fact that we can look at this and an Auburn fan knows this, and an Auburn fan already is probably on the athletic and off he or she isn't the athletic dot com slash solid verbal for two ninety nine a month, forty percent off now, No. The interesting thing to me about this is it provides context. Like you said, and so Eli Stove and Will Hastings get hurt over spring acl injuries, and Auburn may have the best quarterback in the SEC and Jared Stidham, but you're only as good as the guys catching your passes. And we know about Ryan Davis, we know they've recruited well. But the fact is, you can read a preview. You can go to a local newspaper site and be inundated with ads for Dave Davis Dental. But I'm getting quotes from Ryan Davis about white lightning, Will Hastings, I'm getting quotes about how every guys are going to be used on the ground, reporting in a clean way. It was interesting to read. And furthermore, because of reading this I'm a little bit higher on Auburn than I was before. This is just incredible, just a little bit higher because I like Auburn at quarterback obviously, I like how much they return up front. I believe in Cam Martin and the still green, but missing running backs behind him. The defense is absurd to me. The big question was, is there going to be you know, a tipped ball that changes the course of a game, you know, a receiver offer receiver's hands or something like that.
Speaker 1: So the fact is, and.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even really matter that it's Auburn, it could be any of these schools that are that have beat writers on the athletic. The fact is, it's just to find information if you're just curious. It's just a slog, and to go to the athletic is just it's two seconds. It's clean. You read it on the site, you read it on the app, and you're on your way.
Speaker 1: I sat up in my chair. Here's here's the line that really got me. Yeah. In Malzon's offense, positions are given a number. For example, one is the quarterback, two is the flanker, and nine is the split end. I did not know any of that, Like, oh, it's really good for nerding out. I love that, So we would encourage everyone to go out to the Athletic dot slash Solid Verbal. The fort off deal is still in play. To ninety a month for the first year going out to the Athletic dot Com slash Solid Verbal sign up, join the party. Dan and I are ready on the bandwagon. We've been telling all of our friends, all of over ballers, trust us. We wouldn't lie to you on this front because we value good information as it relates to college football at least. And yeah, pretty cool. You'll wonder.
Speaker 2: You will wonder how you were a fan without it.
Speaker 1: So there you go. The Athletic dot Com slash soliverbal to ninety nine a month. That's forty percent off your first year subscription check out.
Speaker 2: Oh hurry, pause the show and do it right now, don't waste time.
Speaker 1: I don't feel good about Auburn because of the schedule and because I have real questions about four new starters on the offensive line in the SEC.
Speaker 2: That's a problem there, but there is there's a lot of experience there too. They were blowing teams out last year and there was a lot of rotation. I feel better about them than you do.
Speaker 1: That is all fair. Here are the teams that Auburn must play. Okay, they've got three top five teams on the schedule. None of them are at home. Well, yeah, that's tough. That is tough. They got Washington neutral site game Week one. Oo. They've got Georgia later in the year on the road. They've got Bama later in the year on the road. If Auburn were to go like two and three over that stretch, I don't know if they win the SEC, but they're in the top ten. They're a top ten caliber team if they're beaten two of those three. There's also a game at the beginning of October which will sort of build to our Mississippi State capsule next but on the road in Starkville beginning of October, to me, strikes me as potentially tricky.
Speaker 2: I would say, so, it's always tricky to go to Starkville.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling nine or ten wins for this Auburn team. I'm pretty high on them to the degree that I can be for nine or ten wins with that schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a hell of an opener. The good thing is, I don't think we'll see what textas A and M. Looks like ole Miss is going to be tricky just because they're going to be a wild card throw the ball constantly, put up a ton of points in yards, but give up a ton of points and yards. The back half of that schedule is definitely trickier and as weird as it is to start out with Washington get LSU in week three for Auburn, and they generally do play LSU early.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: It's not that heavy, and that Mississippi State game on the road comes after Southern Miss and before Tennessee at home, so it's not surrounded by anything crazy difficult. We expect Tennessee to eventually improve into something formidable, but by October thirteenth.
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 2: The back half of that schedule, that's where it becomes, you know, stylistically, a lot of differences. Ole Miss can play up tempo texts. A and M is a mystery. We don't think they're going to be a blurred offense. And then they go to Jor in their cross division rivalry, and then two weeks later going to Bama, to Georgia and to Bama in a what two week span? Essentially, Yeah about that?
Speaker 1: Yea, So it's.
Speaker 2: I have them at Yeah, probably ten and two. But there's this weird down year thing about Auburn that I don't that I'm never fully on board with. They generally only lose to really really good teams. But man, going on the road getting none of these teams, it's tough on the planes. Yeah, I think I like Washington a little bit because of the Chris Peterson factor and how slow Gus Melson has started out some septembers. If you remember the Clemson game last year, not particularly good for Auburn early. They're more of a grower than a show er. Tie.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna say ten and two. All right, it's still pretty damn good. It's excellent. Well, let's go to Mississippi State. Then Mississippi State went eight and four. Their coach left, Dan Mullen left to go over to Florida. They made the call to bring over friend of the pod, former Penn State offensive coordinator, former Fordham head football coach, the one the only Joe moorehead Jomo comes into a situation where he's got seventeen starters back from a year ago. Don't know how much that matters because he is changing up the scheme. However, it does help to have some degree of chemistry coming back. Almost the entire offense is back, and that includes Nick Fitzgerald. Nick Fitzgerald, I've talked about him before. He is a bowling ball with eyes. He is six' five two thirty ran for almost one thousand yards last year and had fourteen touchdowns through for fifteen more of. Them he's Got Aris williams in the backfield with. Him he ran for eleven hundred. Yard he's also. Back, really the only losses on offense are a wide receiver and a, tackle AND i feel pretty good about, that knowing WHAT i know About Joe. Moore Head, DAN i know you're really high On Mississippi state as. Well how high are you On Mississippi?
Speaker 2: STATE i am what's the guy who's saying she's so?
Speaker 1: High? Hi Pal? Bachman?
Speaker 2: Oh thank you so, yeah BECAUSE i do Think Mississippi state is so. Lovely, okay couple of Things i'm going to challenge you, on Please, nick? Please Nick fitzgerald physically, TALENTED i would, argue not the greatest year through the, air and now he's coming off a pretty horrific broken.
Speaker 1: Ankle that's.
Speaker 2: Fair this is all checking, out and it's not video game football where he's, like, well he's out six, weeks then he's.
Speaker 1: Back he's.
Speaker 2: GREAT i think there are going to be situations where he's not his full athletic. Self Eric williams is probably the most underrated running back in this. CONFERENCE i like them a lot on, defense although they gave up some passing yardage last. Year so if they can get to the, quarterback which they should be able to do at like a you, Know montes, Sweat Jeffrey simmons really strong on the defensive, line the safeties are pretty. Good corner will see and then it's ALSO tbd because we're going From Todd grantham To Bob, shoop which boy have they been a lot of places.
Speaker 1: Recently so they're going.
Speaker 2: To three four to four to. Three so there is, novelty both in good and bad ways to this defense and this. OFFENSE i, imagine much Like Penn state didn't get going immediately With joe, moorehead there is going to be a click. MOMENT i hope, it's you, know the first play of the first, game but it takes some, time, communication, rhythm. Familiarity they do start out with What steven F. Austin it's a little bit. Tricky they go To Kansas. State there could be some. Silencing it just it's going to be a tricky. GAME i think they're better Than Kansas, state But kansastate it's a ranked. Team the schedule that's such.
Speaker 1: That week two game is quietly going to be a lot of fun At Case state. Hopefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah the schedule is such though that in terms of look, ahead letdowns and, sandwiches they have one why to care About Missippi. State Dan mullen's coming. Back dan moll is coming back early. On they HAVE lsu a week AFTER lsu Has georgia and that's a week before The bama, bye and then they are At bama a week after like we Mentioned. Lsubama so timing's pretty good For Mississippi. STATE i think they can get in that nine win. Zone, Oh i'm with, You i'm WITH i Am i'm pretty. Sold now do we See Tennessee bob shop or do we See Penn State Bob? Shoop well TBD t questions asking.
Speaker 1: Here here's All i'm going to. Say All, Right, yeah don't underestimate What joe moorehead can do with a somewhat mobile. Quarterback understand he's off. INJURY i understand he's a different quarterback Than trace mc. Sorely but after about a, month this thing is going to come. Together it's going to congeal in our your click, game what's, That? Kentucky what is your click? Game Probably. Kentucky, yeah Before, florida Before, auburn which would be interesting for The florida And auburn. Games but just go back and listen to the interview That dan did With Joe moorehead earlier this. Year mm. Hmm, schematically the dude is brilliant and he's gonna find he's gonna find a, way thank, you to scheme around whatever deficiencies he. Has there will be a click game For Penn. State it was later in the year and it was Against minnesota in his first year. There but there will be a click game where this all suddenly comes together And Mississippi state feels a little bit more. Terrifying, okay So i'm with. You nine wins is.
Speaker 2: Doable here here is the question, though or not really a, question but here is the. Foreshadowing here's the ominous element of the. Show we Have auburn winning nine or. Ten we Have alabama winning ten to. Twelve, right and now we Have mississippi Winning Missisippi. State excuse me nine. Ish, yeah it's got to come from. Somewhere, Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm just you, know keeping you in the the right mind. Frame matt has never been our. Specialty that's why we're not.
Speaker 2: Dan we are not mathematics. People all, Right we're we're just. Talkers we're. Blabbers where do you want to go? Next, uh let's stay in the. State let's Talk Ole. Miss all, right talk to me about Old.
Speaker 1: Miss all, RIGHT i Like jordan ta'amu believe it is it To amu Or Tamo. TAMU i.
Speaker 2: LISTEN i have Watched hawaiian broadcasts of his exploits At Ole miss like local and they all say To, amu To. Amu, Yeah So i'm going with. That he can be very, good very very. Good he has a nice. Arm he plays with. Confidence there are moments where you're, like, OH i get why he was A jc backup, yep, total there are those.
Speaker 1: Moments.
Speaker 2: Yep Ole miss has probably the best receiver in the country IN Aj.
Speaker 1: Brown, yep just.
Speaker 2: Absurd and then behind Him DeMarcus lodge AND Dk metcalf are both, very very. Good they've got a pretty good. Line their defense is. ATROCIOUS i can't wait to Watch Ole.
Speaker 1: Miss, yeah it's AS tv shows. Go, yeah there are gonna be some interesting subplots here Because Ole miss can't go to a bowl this. Year now they cannot another reason to. Care Ole miss can't go to a bull leaving it all out, there And Matt luke has to be of the mindset that he's constantly coaching for his. JOB i know that they remove the interim, tag but there is a chance that he's just like a bridge coach to make it through this rough patch and then they're going to go. Elsewhere so he's got something to. Prove he's an Old miss. Guy they can't go to a. Bowl receiving. Core is there three really good? Receivers? Oh are they? Ever jordan ta'amu was pretty good last year in. Spots he's got.
Speaker 2: Esportually for coming in, halfway you, know just spot duty. Immediate, yeah he's got four guys back on the, line WHICH i think sets up a pretty nice year throwing the football, defensively, though you're, right kind of a.
Speaker 1: Mess gonna need some. Shootouts they're gonna need some shootouts if they want to win football games this.
Speaker 2: Year on that, note who do they have In week? One let's Talk, dan they go To? Houston do they Play? Houston they do. Not do they Play Sam Houston? STATE i don't EVEN i believe they're In. Houston they do.
Speaker 1: Not they Play Texas. Tech.
Speaker 2: Yep and if you're looking for A tv Show week, one, yep that's sort off. It we're going, deep it's it's probably that.
Speaker 1: One come and get your. Points they're AT. Lsu definitely not a.
Speaker 2: Rivalry definitely not a rivalry a week before LSU's schedule goes. Crazy oh miss schedule is not that bad in terms of back to back to. Backs they have the egg ball at. Home they will and we've talked about this for a couple of years. Now they could be one Of america's most fun half. Teams and on that, note they'll go six and.
Speaker 1: Six six and. Six, yeah, yeah that feels about, right feels about.
Speaker 2: It there's not a lot of Depth and If jordan Tom who goes, down It's matt Coral, corral WHO i also committed to a bunch of. Schools like so many of our favorite quarterbacks around the. Country so, YEAH i think The philongo offense will be, fun but they feel like one of those teams that as much as they bring to the, table they also take.
Speaker 1: Off let's go To. Arkansas hell, YEAH i wanted to start with The. Hogs new Coach Chad morris comes over FROM. Smu he's got seventeen guys back from a year. Ago the schedule is rangely, good strangely, good at least in terms of sec road, tilts because in terms of true road, games they Got Auburn september twenty, second and then they're not on the road again at all Until november seventeenth At Mississippi state and then the following week there At.
Speaker 2: Missouri but, yeah they do have a really like crazy long.
Speaker 1: Stretch it's really. Strange there is a game In arlington AGAINST a AND m at the end Of, september, right and there's also a game Against Ole miss In Little rock In, october which is like the seventieth anniversary of the. STADIUM i can't remember, that.
Speaker 2: Right but say they'll play In Little rock.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, yeah so they're not like at home per se every, game but in terms of true road, games it's slim pickens out there and it is strangely. Workable on, OFFENSE i got a lot, back AND i Think Chad morris is going to have him played. Hard it will be more wide open than it has been Under Brett, bilima because that's just Who Chad. Morris, YEAH i mean They arkansas did throw it a ton last. Year they, did, absolutely but this is going to, BE i, think a totally different, scheme more wide. Open if you're An arkansas, fan if you're AN sec fan or just a college football, fan you should care about that Because Chad morris has coached really fun, offenses so there's something for. You and then, DEFENSIVELY i don't know exactly what we're going to, get but there is a lot, back including the top four tacklers from twenty. Seventeen and then they also bring In John chavis to get the house In, hooder WHICH i feel like is Something i've said at least fifteen times over the last ten. Years, hey bringing In John chavis to put something in, Order but that to me would seemingly indicate some level of improvement on that, defense and that's much needed For arkansas because defensively they've been a.
Speaker 2: Mess and that begs the question are you pumped about twenty Eighteen John? Chavis maybe could be maybe if like you, know who ties Dating Pam, Anderson like that's that's the, question that's the. Problem hopefully maybe kind Of, YEAH i could see it being. Interesting arkansas starts out with a tricky ish non conference. Schedule they go To Colorado state in that new stadium that kJ Carta Samuel's life, boom and they Host Mason Fine Seth latrell Tricky North texas. Team arkansas should win at least that second game Against North, texas.
Speaker 1: But not a.
Speaker 2: Walkover and you're, right the strangely nice stretch where they don't have true road games and what is that like Late september until Early november they really figured it all. Out, Yeah my big questions aside from twenty Eighteen John chavison comparing him to a centerfold for whatever, REASON i regretted.
Speaker 1: It immediately AFTER i did.
Speaker 2: It Cole kelly fun to look, at but is he actually good.
Speaker 1: At throwing the?
Speaker 2: Ball we don't know that part of, it right because he's six four hundred and.
Speaker 1: He is a. Tank what he's? Like what is he six' eight like two? SIXTY five i think he might only be, sixty seven but we can go with six' eight if. You, want oh he is this year Is.
Speaker 2: Brock osweiler he tite will be noted more than. Anybody else he's Competing Against. Ty Story jared cornelius is back. And healthy they have a couple of big losses on. The Line frank ragnow was excellent last Year And all american and. He's Gone but i'm strangely drawn To this. Arkansas, TEAM yeah i know what. It is they don't have a RUNNING back. I love they've got a couple receivers who are. PRETTY good i think they could be ANOTHER wild cardi. Type team but with what they bring back on defense and what they don't have, On defense and EVEN though i know there's, some fun little trappiness to, their schedule They have auburn a Week, AFTER, auburn lsu They host elis a Week. After lsubama they feel five and seven for the.
Speaker 1: TIME being i see five, and seven six. AND six i do think. They'll improve and you MENTIONED the. Lsu game we've been talking all off season About how arkansas has a level of pluckiness to them where they're gonna they're gonna. Beat somebody. Mm hmm the team they're gonna BEAT, is lsu and it's gonna Be on. November, Tenth, whoa okay why it's one WEEK after lsu is home against.
Speaker 2: Shades of WHAT, Run, dmc yeah and what they did a couple of years ago when they were just magically good for the back half of.
Speaker 1: THE season lsu is Home. Against bama the next week they Travel. To, Arkansas okay i'm not very HIGH, on lsu and we could talk about my hot TAKE on lsu, here MOMENTARILY but i agree with you On. ON arkansas I think i think six and six, at best more like five and seven probably where some more of those mathematically inevitable as are coming from IN The. Sec, west, yes fair fair, to say, mm hmmm where do you want to? Go?
Speaker 2: Next uh you had spicy things SAY, About LSU so i say we.
Speaker 1: GO there lsu nine. And three last year we got ten starters back.
Speaker 2: Quietly pretty nice the back half of the season after they made. Some, Adjustments, Definitely Yeah No, Danny, Etling No, DARIUS.
Speaker 1: Dice i insist he was. Pretty, Good No, darius geice which is a bigger it was. Very. Good yeah this year we've got a four way. Quarterback BATTLE m, m yeah four With the.
Speaker 2: NAJA quad i don't know quat, QUAD coat i don't. Know what how do you say Four? In french look? That, UP okay i Think It's unduta. Kott sign yeah, all, right sorry got to rel With. My french We've Got.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow Versus. Miles brennans this is justin McMillan Versus llewell narcis. Good name. That's four the smart money seems to Be On, joe burrow even though we opened practice with the fourth team this. Past weekend orgeron's pretty. High him here's. The quote we'll find Out what joe. Can do he's. Very smart we talked to. His coaches they. Loved him he Was Mister Ohio. Football sam he's, six three. Two twenty he. Loves football, mm Hmm, THANKS ed I have i have questions, about That so i'll refer back to a question we got on. Our SUBREDDIT, m hm because apparently word has leaked Out that i'm not very HIGH on lsu and there are other people. Out there i'm not the. Only one but the Question from, averballer, was well why are you down ON? On Lsu joe burrow should, be good should be why at least as Good, at well that's. My, question yeah where is the empirical evidence that we Have That joe burrow is going to be any Better. Than, dannyeteling yeah so You know Danny a ling led them to nine and three. Last year. THAT'S great i must Insist that Danny at ling was. Pretty good if you, say, so, Sure okay but, You know i'm sorry if you tell me that we're starting from a POINT where lsu has a four way. Quarterback battle just KNOWING where lsu has been at the quarterback position the last couple, of years that does not leave me feeling. Very confident. I'm sorry and then, beyond that we've got an entirely. New backfield they're new. At receiver there's a, brutal schedule by, the way with a ton of pressure On ed orgeron to win. And, win now listen to these neutral Psyche game week One, against Miami, at Auburn At Florida georgia bama after its, bye week and THEN at a and m to close out.
Speaker 2: The year by the way that MY emmy lsu game is sort of that it's. Always good by the way to talk about visual memes. Out, loud yeah but it's that sort of. Spider man i'm you hear me pointing at each other because ooh dangerous, fast defense quarterback questions a game Breaking Receiver jonathan Giles And. Amon richards WHO am i talking? About that there's a lot, of similarities and then you look at coaches and it stops.
Speaker 1: SIMILARITIES end i didn't even Mention the, arkansas game by, The, way yeah which. Terrifies ME so i am looking AT this. Lsu team they're gonna be fine, on defense by. THE way i think there'd be more. Than fine they're gonna be fine. On you by, the way double. Dood, ALERT whoa i improvised that and shut it off in, the middle but double dood alert on Defense With, devin white who had one hundred and thirty three tackles as a sophomore.
Speaker 2: Last, year yeah he is the dude.
Speaker 1: ACCORDING to i don't know if you SAW The espn top fifty that they put. OUT there i DID not espn rank the top fifty college, football Players And devin white was. Twenty Seventh greedy williams a great nickname in, college football especially for. A cornerback he Had six picks a year ago as a red. Shirt freshman he's number thirty seven on THAT same. Espn list they've got some really high. Level talent the defense will be, really good. No doubt did you see?
Speaker 2: NUMBER eight i have it in front of me. Right now who's?
Speaker 1: Number Eight, Lowell Narcis, Lowell Narsys Lowell. Narsis, lowell oh It.
Speaker 2: Is, Lowell okay lowell Narsis future.
Speaker 1: Samford quarterback my hot take is that LSU's going six and Six, and okay they're going to Lose, to Miami, to Auburn, to Florida, To, georgia tobama and Then. To arkansas those are your. Six losses oh that's my. Hot, TAKE.
Speaker 2: Yeah I mean lsu does Lose to arkansas sometimes every. So often they're Just. Gonna arkansas that's just how the. UNIVERSE works, i think what do, you say six? And six six? AND six i think they can go seven. AND five i think if we can find a way to Dress ole miss offensive PLAYERS in, lsu uniforms AND dress lsu defensive players And ole miss uniforms and just figure out, a timeshare that's ideal. FOR everybody i am NOT particularly i know that the offensive line is back in a lot healthier than they were. LAST year i really really like the Audition Of. JONATHAN giles i thought he had some extraordinary Moments For, texas tech so he comes in as a transfer. Up front, on defense there's a ton to like about this defensive line and the fact that this is now what year Three Under, dave randa so more and more. Installation there their linebacking course should be, very good their secondary should be very.
Speaker 1: VERY good i.
Speaker 2: When looking at, their, SCHEDULE though i think there is something to what.
Speaker 1: You're saying.
Speaker 2: We have no Idea What joe burrow is going to look like throwing Into the, miami defense Away From, baton rouge Into the, auburn defense Into the, florida defense in, the swamp Into the, georgia defense Into the. Bama defense we know what he'll look like throwing Into the, arkansas Defense because i've seen everybody and what they look like Throwing. INTO texas A and m might have a. Pretty scale they're. Finally experienced we'll get to them next up front and everywhere on. That defense so What If joe burrow is a backup quarterback like he, Has been what If he's Joe Dirt.
Speaker 1: Joey Burr's so.
Speaker 2: I'm more seven, and five eight and four because of, line playing because of, that defense but not a confident version. Of that i'm hedging. Pretty, significantly yeah immediate losses to Me, Are Auburn. Georgia obama Definitely that i'm writing off three. Games immediately so THAT'S where i stand. Right now but there's a lot to like on. That defense there's a. Whole bunch you double duded it for. A.
Speaker 1: Reason yeah they're very good. On defense they have some really elite caliber players, on defense and that's always fun. To watch that will keep them in games that, will definitely most assuredly make my six and six prediction look silly at some point when they go nine.
Speaker 2: To, Three OKAY and I just i reminded myself by saying dude but not actually issuing Adode Alert naj Harris. FROM alabama I mean i fawned over. Him, already yeah it's it's. Very boring and SO then i will double it up, with ooh because you, double DUDED and i can't live a life in which you're out. Duding Me, Ty, yeah Okay so i'm Gonna Say derek, brown upfront frog.
Speaker 1: Very good that is. A dude, All right so that's so there we sort, of disagree but this insability. Is good be SIMILAR. On lsu, all right let's Go TO texas A. And M THEN texas A and m seven to five a, year ago and now They've Got jimbo fisher who comes Over From. Florida state it's a, monster contract ten. Year contract he inherits a team that has. Sixteen. Starters back the QUESTION that, i have the REASON that, i care is this Question that i'm going to.
Speaker 2: Ask, You okay. I'm ready the answer Is THE magna carta was signed in.
Speaker 1: Fifteen Twelve DOES texas A and m get to seven wins? This? Year yes?
Speaker 2: They, do okay let's talk is they Don't play. Clemson early, That's right i'm.
Speaker 1: ALL in i think you have to like the state of the TRENCHES at A, and m especially on offense four. Offensive. LINEMEN back I thought i saw a quote or an article written Somewhere That jimbo fisher feels pretty good about the state of both of. His lines i'd like, to.
Speaker 2: Apologize Ty the magna cart was signed in, twelve fifteen not, Fifteen twelve AND now i feel like.
Speaker 1: An idiot, Close, enough, okay continue the defense is going to get Better Because mike elko has a track record for quick. Turnaround jobs he did a good Job, at wake really good job At A Notre dame Bowling. Green shure now he inherits a defense that is eight. Guys back that gives him a really good. Starting point so they're gonna better on. Defense too. M h those are two really good reasons to feel good to care About What jimbo fisher can DO at A.
Speaker 2: And M pam anderson Out AS texas A and m. Defensive coordinator that, Is.
Speaker 1: RIGHT okay i do worry about the talent on, Offense, though okay especially against the schedule that's really just. Complete murder listen. To this they Play both Clemson, and bama And, AT bama i, should say in the first month of, the season within like, Two weeks they've got a Game At, south carolina which is, no Picnic At, mississippi state which are pretty, high on and Then. At auburn you could really make a case those are five guaranteed losses. RIGHT There, I, Clemson Bama, South, CAROLINA. Auburn, LSU yeah i wouldn't say, guaranteed now tough though it is murder. It, Is yes i'm not.
Speaker 2: As concerned I've Seen trevion williams succeed on a pretty, significant level albeit it was now two. Years Ago Losing christian kirk is a. Big deal they've, recruited really really well, at RECEIVER so i just assume at a certain point this passing game be It with Kellen mond Er. NICK starkle I Assume nick starkle is probably better Suited for, jimbo's offense but. WE'LL see i assume receivers are going to step up because they've recruited, too well not to whoever's in at quarterback should have time behind. This line i'm not a big believer in them early That that clemson game feels like a, write off but it's what It's At, kyle, Field. Right yep it's a difficult place. To play this is an. Experienced defense they had a couple at least two or three what defensive line, and Back and i'm not ready to give Up On. Daylon mack i'm. JUST not i think their secondary is. PRETTY good i like. Their linebackers there's a ton of. Experience there and to, Your Point mike elcho's. COACHING them i expect this team to be more solid than they've been these past couple.
Speaker 1: OF years i would agree.
Speaker 2: WITH that i think we'd always felt like we Were DISCUSSING texas A, and, m, like man they're all freshmen, out, there yeah and now they're all juniors.
Speaker 1: And seniors they were always very, Combustible, too yeah, you know and mister Six. AND oh i don't know if it was the Way that kevin someone ran the team or perhaps we're a bit shaded in our opinions After The johnny, manzel era which was certainly a little, Bit controversial but there always felt like there was a combustible nature to what was being Built In. College STATION and i think what we're going to get Now With jimbo fisher is really an evening out. Of that they're going to be much much better just as a baseline unit than we've seen over the course of the last. Three years so that's good news moving FORWARD for A. And m they're not going to get Rid Of jimbo fisher. Anytime soon he's signed for. AN eternity i think he's going to be really. Good, THERE oh, i agree he's. A quarterback i agree he may not get to seven wins, this year but he will get there. Before long THIS much i can guarantee you as, a certainty and they will MAKE The sec west all the more difficult knowing that he's there and knowing what he's capable. Of building it just might not be. This year i'm going to say eight. And four how? About? That, whoa?
Speaker 2: Yeah whoa how? About, that listen there's something to me about having a what should be a pretty, good defense a tough place, to play a home, field advantage really good recruiting these past.
Speaker 1: FEW years i think.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a situation where the tools were, always there you just needed perhaps a more.
Speaker 1: Skilled carpenter i'm gonna say seven. And, five okay seven, And five so there, You, Go, Alabama Auburn, Mississippi STATE texas A, And mlsu Arkansas and Ole miss the math. Checks out don't, Bother. Checking dan we also have another conference we need to discuss here very quickly on, The, Program, yes.
Speaker 2: Ty will you please drop that stanky we but now we're talking about The, fun belt The, Sun, belt yeah. So quickly The sun belt should be. Pretty fun there are elements of most of these teams that have. Me intrigued and if we're starting at, The Top troy trojans are now without two guys who seem like they've been there since nineteen, Ninety Seven brandon Silver's And. Jordan chun but their offense will. Be fine last year's defense was excellent and they it was like top fifteen in, the country and they return a good amount of that and it will be great and that should. Scare everybody it should also scare People That neil brown is Still, In. Troy, alabama Yeah so troy. Is interesting Appstate Loses, nate woody their, Defensive coordinator they lose a lot on. That, Defense Offensively taylor lamb, is gone who's been their. Quarterback Forever But jalen moore is still. Very fun and they Open At penn state and they Close, with troy so their schedule is bracketed with their two most. Difficult opponents aside from those, two teams there's a lot. Of UGLINESS like I Like justice hanson a whole Bunch At. Arkansas state his receiving corps. Is great he might have the smallest running back in, The country Warren. Wand land beyond That the, louisiana schools so that Would. Be louisiana don't Call Them. Louisiana laviette whatever, you do don't Call Them. Louisiana lafayette they their fun offense, is back except. For quarterback billionapier is a. New Quarterback herm edwards really thought he had him as offensive coordinator and then he left as soon as he could for the Job.
Speaker 1: In. LAFAYETTE.
Speaker 2: Louisiana Ulm caleb evans was. Pretty Good marcus green. Super Fun the louisiana schools have, garbage defenses just utter piles, of trash which that game should be so.
Speaker 1: Fun time.
Speaker 2: Aside, From that pennyhart is Still At georgia state and he should be feared at. All Moments georgia southern has the triple option once Again With willie fritz's, former protege so. That's something, And Hey joe mowgli is Back At, coastal carolina sitting out last year with with a. Health issue he's back and he's of course if you remember the weird situation where he Was the nebraska special coaching assistant because HE created td bank and is now a head coach and so hopefully must be, Nice, ty yeah must. BE nice td Stands for Tye. And dan aside, from that there's not a ton to care about with The. Sun belt but that's enough. For me i'm going to Watch some. Sunbell games you, got it?
Speaker 1: All right thank you to everyone for. Tuning in don't forget if you are, still LISTENING and i can't imagine most, people are but if, You are we're doing a show this Week. In chicago We are. Saturday night get in. On it soliverrable tickets. Dot com some tickets. Still available we want to get everyone. In there let's pack, the house let's meet. Up afterwards let's see some chicken tenders hashtag tenders. With tie what is your?
Speaker 2: Go to just to give people, a, sense yeah of what they're.
Speaker 1: In for what is your?
Speaker 2: Go To and i'm not talking about it at a, specific location, generically speaking, Honey mustard. HONEY mustard i think that's a. Good answer you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna go dipping sauce, for sure. Honey mustard what do you mean? Dipping sauce that was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Your, question, YEAH okay i thought you were referring to a dipping sauce as generic. Dipping, sauce now honey mustard is my go to and then, what ooh. Probably ketchup that's, for, you buddy straight through the heart.
Speaker 1: Barbecue, sauce also people have way underestimated HOW much i can EAT when i really. WANT to i have a, Hollow, Leg dan.
Speaker 2: So, you're going obviously you're. Gonna go somebody's got to get you, some tendos, of course, anything else just beer. With tenders are you gonna? Go liquor i'm not. Going, Liquor no probably. Go, beer okay Gotta, hydd yeah come. On out we're going To The standard bar In wicker. Park afterwards come, on out, All, right dan we. Gotta, go yeah.
Speaker 1: That's it hope to see everybody out this Weekend in chicago At The vidom theater Seven Pm. Central time soliverbletickets. Dot com don't forget to also check out the cool deal we're working on right Now With. The Athletic the athletic dot com slash soliverbal. Sign up help. Us, out yeah forty percent off your first. Year subscription it's. Dirt cheap it's high. Quality stuff we talked about a little bit on the, program today but we think you'll. Like it on, that note for that guy, over there my Good Friend, DAN rubinstein i will see You what chicago and for Myself Tie, HILER maan i thanks again for tuning into. The show we'll catch you All. On, Sunday peace no get You. On sunday, Stay, solid peace