Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Vance Vance Revolution Trend. That one courtesy of Lacaroni on the Discoord.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, did you ever play the game?
Speaker 1: No? No, I did not.
Speaker 2: I don't even I should have. I shouldn't have even asked. I knew the second I asked the questions like this man named playing d DR BRO.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I ever really played video games in like in an arcade, like hardy settings. Oh, in an arcade, yeah, but I don't think that was around. But when I was playing an arcade, I was. I was more of a street fighter to NBA jam type era of arcade. Okay, okay, anyways, j d Vance, Wait, who are you? I'm Jack, there is Miles. We're back.
Speaker 2: Who the fuck are you?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: This fool didn't play d d R?
Speaker 1: Was that? Was that like an absentee father type thing where you're like, I don't even know who you are, man, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know you are. You don't even know me? No, the real one is you don't even know Miles.
Speaker 1: He looks so tall.
Speaker 2: Group, Yeah, maybe hang around more than once a year.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're a fucking disaster my guy.
Speaker 2: You're a fucking disaster. My guy. Ah, still one of the greatest fucking fn I thank you for bringing that back into my consciousness from the rehearsal.
Speaker 1: And we thought it was bad back then. What did we know? All Right? I am Jack. That is Miles, These are the things that are trending. Jd Vance is the VP pick. It was made we uh first became famous for writing Hillbilly Elegy where he's like grows up poor and hates his poor family and for being like, you know, and it was what it was like treated as like this guy who's basically a liberal, grew up among the type of people who voted for Trump, and he like made the rounds going on all the talk shows, being like, yeah, I understand them, I know where they're disgusting, like trumpiness comes from. And then he was like, psych, I also like Trump.
Speaker 2: And that boy was me, Oh, okay, yeah, it's a it's a nonfiction. It's fiction, right alogy.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought it was his memoir.
Speaker 2: Oh it's maybe a memoir. Oh is that why everyone's talking about Oh yeah, is that why everyone's talking about that? There's like a part is there. Look, I don't even know someone on Twitter was saying, there's a part where he has sex with the latex gloves.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, why does he mention that in the book, Like.
Speaker 1: It's a memoir, in your memoir about your coming of age, memoir has to have some stories about some weird things that you fucked.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: I mean I was impressed by the genuity. You know. I never like warmed up a latex glove and stuck it in the couch cushion.
Speaker 2: That's what he just writes that in. To be honest, I.
Speaker 1: Just saw that on Twitter and also assumed it was true. But it does feel like the sort of thing that you would put in your memoir that now I just have to all right, well, sure fact check that the while you do it. Also, it turns out that selling his soul to the racism party, uh comes, has come with its set of wrinkles for him. No, not the wrinkles of the latex glove that he fucked, but wrinkles in the sense that, uh, you know that you're Nick WENTI, you're the.
Speaker 2: The racistor groper.
Speaker 1: Racists are mad that he has a wife who is non white, and he has a son whose name is Vivek and they're like, this is this guy's gonna help help us bring about a white nationalist nation.
Speaker 2: Come on, mmmm uh. He didn't fuck a glove. He didn't glove. Yeah, it's made up. It's just it's it's just one of those things where these people are so fucking weird. Yeah, you'd believe, Like, look if Christy Nome's like, yeah, man, and I fucking topped a puppy in a gravel pit and then a fucking goat, what of it? And that's real, then it's like I don't know, Yeah, dude, maybe he banged a fucking Latex glove. Yeah I believe it. But no, it turns out don't don't.
Speaker 3: Don't guys, don't be like I was gonna say, Like I was actually like that was the coolest thing I had read about him, with him just being like, yeah, fuck the glove man, Like I was.
Speaker 1: I was a lonely teenager and yeah I'm a vulnerable human being. That's actually the thing that should have raised the flag in my mind. Yeah. Yeah, few people.
Speaker 2: Were like the segment where Nick Fentez and that whole groper movement, but yeah, he was. It just suffice to say that.
Speaker 4: He's like, what's the why is he with a non white woman? Yeah, and then goes on like their kids are named Vivek, they have all these Indian names, and we have we're in the middle of a white genocide, is under attack from immigration but also through intermarriage.
Speaker 2: Right, And he's like, and how do we how can we trust him to protect the white identity? And you're like, oh, fuck man, So yeah, you're everything all good over there.
Speaker 1: They're real, man, The Nazis are real. They're really no, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you know, look, yeah he found love and in a place that wasn't in the master race as you'd put in Nick Fentez. But he's happy.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, Ingrid and dress Andrews andreath, I have you know andred Ingrid a old Ingrid a oh.
Speaker 2: I a internal affairs. Yeah yeah, yes, she's trending.
Speaker 1: Uh so. She gave one of the more memorable performances of the national anthem before the home run derby. It's All Star Weekend, a thing that used to like be an event in America, but it's I mean, do we just want to play it?
Speaker 2: Do we?
Speaker 1: People probably heard it by now right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let's give we can give people a taste of what it sounded like when Ingrid was Okay, this is right before the home run derby, I believe. Yeah, this was her rendition of the star Spanglid banner. But we were so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Fireworks going on, going on, that's going off. It's yeah, very ozzy ozzy osbombs in the building, I think in spirit. Yeah, yeah, it wasn't It wasn't great.
Speaker 1: It wasn't great. It was not great. It did raise the question is it the worst we've ever seen? And going back through some of the other contenders, we got Fergie doing sort of a concept album.
Speaker 2: It was a jazzy I'm not going to blame it all on Kim Control, but I think she she was just inspired by Kim Control.
Speaker 1: Dogs were in the heat.
Speaker 2: Dogs, oh yeah, and the town never ye knew such a hullaballoo, but.
Speaker 1: On that night, the town had never known such a hullabaloo. If you if you don't know what we're talking about, this is.
Speaker 2: From February of twenty eighteen. Wow, six years ago. This is the Fergie one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just like really wants to fuck anthem is. Yeah, it was like high concept, and you know, like it wasn't a choice she was making in the moment because she was like fucking up the anthem like she had an upright bass accompaniment. The whole thing was her being like, I'm gonna make this the jazziest national anthem of all time. And there are moments in there where she hits the notes that one is expected to hit for the national anthem. So it's definitely not it's definitely worse than Fergie. There was a Jordan era Bulls basketball game against the New Jersey Nets that where Carl Lewis, the athlete, one of the greatest athletes, great Olympians, sang the national anthem, and even that was like when you go back and look at clips, you have to like skip around to find the really bad moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're there, they're there, They're they're there.
Speaker 1: And also the thing that is really fun about it is he gets up and he's kind of taking you through his process, like he's giving a running commentary of his own botching of the national anthem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there there is a cave like a caveat at the beginning of him singing quick caveat, just so you know, let's see what this le's see where this goes?
Speaker 1: All Right, we all ready.
Speaker 2: He's talking like a guy who's gonna like do something terrible to himself at a party in front of everyone. Everybody ready to watch this.
Speaker 1: Stand a preamble like it's a yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna drink some bomb water. Everybody readybody, Okay, ready in here, Okay, we go, here we go.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Okay, not where I wanted to startrado. So we're just gonna do this, Okay, coming in hunts uh huh, there you see.
Speaker 5: Okay, cut forward. Oh now I don't though, he said, I'm amazing the free he changed, like good for him. He looked the second anyway that that made.
Speaker 2: We love you man. We know you're a sprinter, you're not a singer, but you're doing your best. Baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I do think this was because there's not a moment in this rendition that is not a disaster, my guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she then came out and was like, hey, I was drunk. I need I need help, which good for her. She's going to reheb and yeah, you know it's it's tough for her that you know, she she had that moment in front of so many people and at a time when the nation needed to unite around something, yeah, needed to be Like.
Speaker 2: She tweeted something, She's like, I'm glad I could unite the country over that. But then the next day she tweeted that she actually like this is what you see, Uh, this is what you put on Twitter? Like today she said quote, I'm not going to bullshit y'all. I was drunk last night. I'm checking myself into a facility today to get the help that I need. That was not me last night. I apologized to Major League Baseball, all the fans in this country I love so much for that rendition. I'll let y'all know how rehab is. I hear it's super fun. Exo Ingrid. Uh So that's yeah, you're like, oh damn, well that's a that's a lot of failures right there, Like, yeah, who's who's your manager to? Like, I know, like, I'm sure they could find somebody at the last minute, you know what I mean, you find somebody waiting in the wings. But yeah, well I hope I hope Ingrid you get the help you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the internet will unfortunately keep talking about this national anthem performance though.
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and let's see what else has been happening. The r NC obviously is happening, needs to happen. Uh Team Star President Sean O'Brien, fuck man. You know, the union pretty traditionally pretty comfortably aligned with the Democrats. Uh hey, yeah, yeah. He wanted to prove a point that you know, we're we'll we'll take whoever as long as their pro union, despite the fact that the Republicans continued to be some of the you know, most powerful forces against uh worker power and unions and so. But he he had some things to say about de Ei just seems like a real all around piece of shit and like couldn't couldn't resist the opportunity to speak to his people. Unfortunately, did not go over well because they're they're not on board with the whole Uh No, It's.
Speaker 2: It's very odd like he was praising Trump, but then he was on CNN today praising Biden as like the most pro union president. It's very both side z and like, I'm sure maybe part of him he's like, I wish this was the I wish this was a convention I was speaking at. But many people are like, how the fuck could you go to like literally fucking Bain's cave layer, who like all they're set on is deluding worker power and be like, give a fucking dog and pony show there. That odd still and.
Speaker 1: I'm racist, So like what you know, obviously, it's always been a dream of mine to speak of the Republican National Convention.
Speaker 2: You know, this diversity. You're like, oh shit, okay, oh interesting, we hear you, buddy good. So a lot of wobbliness happening, and but yeah, I think most people who were looking at this from the outside were like, I don't. I don't know a single Republican who's been like, yeah, man, these unions, man, the workers, they need to get what they're doing. Even the Democrats barely say that, but I get that as a binary, that's where most of their money goes. Anyway, So just cool, Sean O'Brien, just the twenty twenty four just continues to be cool a wacky time. And then Amber Rose spoke yesterday, Yeah, Kanye West, former ex completely you know, finishing her transformation to a fully washed celebrity who has to pivot to the right for any kind of notoriety.
Speaker 1: When did that happen? I wasn't I wasn't really aware until I saw that. Yeah, but was that her first time announcing her like a mega person.
Speaker 2: No, she's slowly been turning up the heat on her on her maganis interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean not really. Actually, I don't know why I said it was interesting.
Speaker 2: It's pretty boring interesting interesting, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh? And then Tenacious D might be breaking up because Kyle Gas, uh said. So was Kyle Gas's birthday. They presented a cake to him, and before he blew out the candles, he wished don't miss Trump next time. And in Australia, in Australia, during an Australian tour, Jack Black you know that night canceled the rest of the tour and said that they're putting all creative collaborations on hold going forward. So it seems like they're at least threatening. He's threatening to break up Tenacious DA based on this troke. That is so.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's also the exactly what like like the liberal response has been to this. We can say anything about the guy who is well, they're also screaming about is gonna kill everyone?
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just so odd and like, yeah, you're like, dude, Tenacious d was what are you gonna hot? What? I guess Jack Black, because he's slowly kind of turned into this like like likable across the board type character now like figure especially like he's you know, it's been on Twitch more and things like that, So I think maybe part of him is like super aware that he wants to come off.
Speaker 6: As like I'm just JB man. I'm just a goofy guy who likes to go hit me and you know, not really say anything too spicy. And I'd be goddamned if Cage Rage Cage.
Speaker 2: Said some shit about that, And now someone's calling for them to be deported from Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the person that's calling for that is a right wing but yeah, completely rich guy, piece of shit who's clearly just trying to rile up the base. But it's yeah, it's it does seem to be the standard response. I mean, I'm not saying like that was a good joke or anything, but just it does seem to be like the Daily Show canceling the show. I guess Morning Joe, like they came back on the next day, Yeah, how dare you? Yeah, they were like apparently it wasn't their decision, it was the network's decision, which seems in line. I don't know. It feels like I feel like CNN is like kind of not in the bag for Trump.
Speaker 2: But I mean we knew the second, you know, the new ownership came in there. It felt like we were talking about how there was pressure from the top to be like, dude, we need to we need to get some of these Fox viewers too. Yeah, we're there, We're opening our body to a more right word posture. So yeah. There have been a few times too where like have come on to CNN and like they're outwardly being like are y'all okay, right, So it is a bit I mean yeah corporate.
Speaker 1: They were like talking about Trump walking into the RNC and like the emotion on his face like felt very ha geography, right right, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then like even on you know, MSNBC, like they're Katie Turr is also being very kind, like she's just over the last few years have also been like kind of really both sides in a way. We're like, oh man, so okay, cool, No, no one knows what's real what's a real threat or who deserves like actual hard questions and who deserves softball hugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. The inability to hold two thoughts in your head at the same time that like we shouldn't shoot public figures. Yeah. Also, this person was the person who created a lot of the culture of political violence in this country. Like those are two thoughts that you can hold at the same time and you don't have to pretend that that isn't true.
Speaker 2: Or it's just like really odd, Like you know, there's there's this whole thing about like you. They're on MSNBC too. A lot of the coverage at the RNC has been like sort of gushing over Trump in a way where it's like, I think this near death experience may have changed him. He's become more peaceful, And you're like, what the fuck are y'all already shook because you think he's gonna win that now you're like, turn the fucking spice down. We don't want him to have any memories of this election. And we were spicy because he's gonna win, And it's like, wow, very disheartening and yeah, a terrible omen if if that's what the case is. At some of these newsrooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we think like it if there's a future where Biden is not the nominee, does it happen like at do they have like an open convention? Do they like do they just give it to Kamala and then they select the VP at the convention? Like what? I'm not sure what not getting the timeline clear? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know, right now it sounds like there is very limited time to do it, like it would have to I don't know, like how would have to happen before the convention?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just he seems more like everybody is assuming now that he's like unbeatable, and that feels incorrect to me. Like it feels like there's this wave of like media attention, but like the stuff that he's getting attention for doesn't feel like it would change anyone's mind into voting for him. Yeah, you know, so like what, I don't know, people still know it would be a complete disaster. I feel like, yeah, I mean it's like give them something to vote for.
Speaker 2: It feels like, yeah, they want I don't know, it's every time I every time I read stuff about the process and like how there's still people being like, well, we've lost the fight to edge Biden now, and then the other people are like, oh man, we've only got a limited window still, and it's like, what's what kind of bad ideas are we getting from donors now? Who who are now like you have Jeffrey Katzenberg. I can't keep emphasizing this enough, with like all these ideas on how to replace him, because he's like, I'm the Hollywood guy, Like I understand, like it's show and how people fucking you know, make sense of things and interpret audio visual mess.
Speaker 1: They're gonna cast Chris Pratt, aren't they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, no, but like yeah, it's it's like, yeah, you took an l on quibi, dude, Like what do you know about anything right now? And you're the one who's like it is I who has all the wisdom? It's I think it's it's so many cooks in the fucking kitchen that I'm not sure where this ends up. I yeah, like I said, November, just fucking time, please stop now.
Speaker 1: Now I'm looking at a second and still all right, well yeah, well again, yeah, we'll see, we'll see, you'll see.
Speaker 2: We just don't know, We just don't know anything. It's really truly unprecedented fucking times with this this one.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna go into the black void we enter in between recordings. Will be back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bite, Bite,