Speaker 1: Welcome everybody in the Fantasy pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Pix. Sign up for Prize Pick today with the Proo code leading off. Make sure you do that. It's me Joey p Joe Pisapia, that of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks, all of our good friends here talking. It's a baseball We've got lots of stuff to talk about from yesterday with I was gonna be a boring old slate. Well it turned out to be a slugfest in Saint Louis, so a lot to talk about there. Well, of course, have some rookie lookies to talk about. We of course we'll have a little DFS, a little wagering, a little of everything Welsh as we head into the weekend and Welsh. I think the big thing to start with is obviously something amazing happened, something magical yesterday. Not only did you get a home run call correct, I got a home run call correct? Yours of course was Max Munsey, which was perfect and Max Munsey homerd wait for it off Genesis Cabrera yesterday. I mean, I don't think we could write a better script coming into Friday, could we?
Speaker 2: No, that was I didn't even know that it was Genesis Cabrera until we have a little chat between you and myself, Mayor and Kelly Kirby. And when I saw it blowing up in there, I was like, oh, wow, this is magic and this is the first time, and I mean, we'd have to go get the statisticians to go and look, when's the last time you and I both had a home run call together? Hasn't happened this year?
Speaker 1: If it did, it happened in April. I mean, I don't think it has. I think the first I may.
Speaker 2: I hit none in April pretty much. So I don't know, man, I don't think we've done it this year, and god knows when it was last year. So that was a miracle. Genesis Cabrera showing up was magical. So thank you, Genesis, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't I saw the monthly home run, but I know who was off of them. This morning, I was watching a little quick pitch kind of getting caught up on the things that went on, and uh, and there it was. There was Justice Cabrera and Max Monty, and I was like this is just perfect. This is a beautiful way to end the week after a fun week, and we can you know, we'll talk about that. Let's talk about also Noan Aeronado going yard in that game too. He has been red hot Wilson Contreras twice with the home runs. The Burger phone was getting used a lot. Yesterday Adam Wainwright had to dial up the Burger phone. But what in the hell is going on? It's funny was because we kept talking about No. One Aeronaudo. What a good bilo he was in my home league. I saw him trying to get traded like every deal it was like No One Aeronado, No Onen Ernaudo try to like get shopped around. I couldn't believe it. And I'm like, why are people trying to get rid of this guy? He's just in a slump, Like just be patient with this dude. But man, has this guy exploded? So is Saint Louis now? Saint Louis still needs to get better pitching That still has to happen. But do you think Saint Louis has turned a corner here in these last few days?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think offensively they're finding their footing. Goldie's been locked in. They're still kind of moving around some of the pieces. You know, I had talked about maybe trading Tommy Edmund. Edmond has been pretty solid. Their outfield is still pieced together. Lars Nootbar again, I kind of been targeting a lot of Cardinals. Lars Zoopar was another one to buy. He's been kind of heating up. And with the whole pitching situation, We're gonna see how it all lays out. But they they kind of gave off and on like where Matthew Libertor is going to go.
Speaker 1: They're like, well, we.
Speaker 2: Think he's gonna get another start, he's gonna stay with the team. He might be bullpen, which would be garbage. But I can't imagine they're gonna be able to keep him bullpen after that performance. So we'll have to kind of see what happens with Libertory. But I think this whole team has turned the corner around. Goodbyes overall. And also, I don't know if you've looked Jordan Walker struggling in the miners too.
Speaker 1: I do not been good you brought that up because I haven't seen that, and and sometimes that happens you know, the guys get frustrated. They you know, I don't want to say they pout, but they it does knock their confidence. Sometimes some guys respond, you know, they they get sat down, they come right back. Well, we're talking about one of those guys who was kind of teetering on that edge. One more big note from that game, Freddie free Minute of Grand Slam was a three hundredth career home run for Freddy Freeman. Couldn't hapen to a better guy like it's Freddy Freeman, the most likable guy in baseball. I feel like he is because I love.
Speaker 2: He's in that general vicinity. Yeah, he's up there.
Speaker 1: He's terrific. Good for him, three hundred, Good for you. Now, more to the point going into the season, Welsh, you know, we did a lot of betting pro shows together. We had a lot of conversations about the Dodgers and my concern for the back end of his rotation, and also, you know, I'm not a big Julio Urius guy. And obviously his last start not good. Obviously May's injury is a problem. Obviously cinderguard is cinderguard. I know we talked about it yesterday. I'm gonna keep driving this home. The Dodgers got to figure something out. And I know that part of that figuring out is gonna be Dave Roberts talking about Gavin Stone that he quote makes sense end quote to be the guy who replaced us in May. So that's gonna happen. So Stone is out there in your leagues, and I imagine he probably is in most I imagine he's not rostered. I have to look up the number. I'll take a look at it. But in your opinion this weekend, he didn't make my waiver wire video at the time. Again, Gavin Stone's a guy that you know we're not as high on necessarily. But how much equity would you put into Gavin Stone, considering right now if you're looking to get him off the waiver wire? Looking at his roster verstagel for let up a second. He is thirty five percent roster, so still available in almost sixty five percent of leagues.
Speaker 2: Well, a great question might be Gavin Stone or Matthew Libertre And I tell you, well, you know what, I almost might lean in the other direction, because I still think the Cardinals are making horrifically bad decisions, and by not making a commitment. I don't know what they're gonna do with Libertory. They're gonna put him in the bullpen long relief for like three or four weeks and put him up. If Gavin Stone does struggle that I have mentioned, they can easily go in another direction. Here's what I'll say. I think they both are in the exact same, similar fab range. I think they should go about the same price, whatever that ends up being, whatever investment you guys put in. I think they should go about the same because they both have they both have an parent risk, and Gavin Stone found himself a little bit. He lives off of this big change up, the splittery changeup that he's got, which could induce some big whiffs if he can command the fastball. So I kind of almost tiny bit side on maybe Gavin Stone with all the issues they have, because they might experiment with some other guys and he might be locked up. But like I said, I think both of these guys probably should be valued about the same, which we totally wouldn't have said before the season.
Speaker 1: That is also fair. Angelo is saying Angelo mona samanta Jenaton, Angelo says Otani to the Cardinals. That's what he says, that's my best Tony Danza voice. Here's the thing, though, the Cardinals, this would have to be a rental if they went after Otani because it would probably cost them. I would imagine libertore And and Jordan Walker. I go, oh, I mean, if I'm then that's what I'm asking for. That's a lot to give up for a rental. And I don't think the Cardinals have the funds after paying Aeronauto and gold Schmidt.
Speaker 2: To imagine the cardinal's trying to make the decision between a guy that can hit and pitch. They their brains would explode at the thought of a guy that wants to hit on the same day that he's pitching. There's no way they can make those decisions. I will put a zero point zero percent chance that Otani is ever a Cardinal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's probably a unlikely thing. I'm gonna say this too. You know, it feels like, you know, I don't think this is intentional, but you know, obviously what's going on with Otani. Had he not you know, had the National League not adopted the DH to be a very different set of circumstances. I feel like too, for him, you know, they's really doubled his market potential, and that's good for baseball. It's it's good for Otani anybody else who comes along in the next ten years who can do anything close to what he's doing. And I wonder if teams are gonna start to value that more because it's something you do see in college baseball still to a certain degree, not as much, but you'll see some of these guys you know who can do both. You've seen them get drafted in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: There's actually a guy right now named Bryce Eldridge who Joe Noyle was just talking about, who has a can hit ninety seven and putting up one ten Max Eves.
Speaker 1: To me, if I'm an organization, I look at that and saying, hey, this is a good investment long term because I can get two players in one so fisically it's more responsible. And I think you're gonna see other teams start to look for those kind of guys. But teams have to.
Speaker 2: Learn to develop and they can't and they I mean Jake Cronilworth was like a two way player. Brendan McKay with the Rays was one of those guys teams don't know how to manage these guys. There was a guy, Bubba Chandler in the pirate system right now, who I think he's just finally made the full commitment. Last year he was hitting. The Giants have one right now in Reggie Crawford. Teams don't know how to manage these guys. So I agree this would be a more cost efficient way for teams to approach if players could do it. But no one knows how to properly develop these players. And I just wanted to say when the Atani stuff, you say he doubled his options, but I think his options went from you know, two to three or two to four maximum. Like it's fun to be like, oh, my team could get him and all the oriole Oh he's not. He's gonna be like a met he's gonna be a Yankee, he's gonna be a Dodger, he's going to be an Angel. Like those are the teams. Like maybe you can throw in the Mariners, but like we're just being silly. It's going to go to one of the huge, huge dollar teams and we all know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a fun game of survivor. And I see Razor talking about survivor in the chat here about yeah who went home and some fun stuff there. So yes, I was not surprised who went home, but I was rooting for somebody else to go home because there's a crazy woman on that island and they're crazy if they don't.
Speaker 2: Are you're talking about, Oh you turn that into surviving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm about survivor there. I'm trying to, you know, the best I can. It's Friday. It's Friday. Mister Cortez gave up two runs and six things and then Carlos Esteveznach's tenth save. He was on the waiver wire pickup video a couple weeks ago, so hopefully you nabbed him because he was flowing out there a lot longer than he should have been. That was shocked. It was only fifty percent of leagues even a couple of year weeks ago. Adie Ruschman had to run home run and he walked twice. A good day for Rutchman. He continues to be great. We're also seeing I feel like a resurgence is the offensive catcher this year. You know, between Murphee, between Rutchman, we've got a little bit more of that, you know, Alvarez. The Mets starting to hit a little bit. Now. I don't know what's gonna happen with Alvarez necessarily because we see Gary Sanchez is gonna be brought up from the minor league. So do you think that Alvarez is the guy that gets sent down? Would that be kind of counterproductive at this point?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Navarrees is coming back. He's not back yet, I don't.
Speaker 1: Believe so he's out for weeks still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when he comes back, that'll be probably Gary Sanchez going I don't I don't know's it's a great question. I mean, the Mets, what are they gonna do if Nevaaz.
Speaker 1: I mean, is a great defensive catcher, but he can't hit water if he fill out of voat. So to get rid of Alvarez right now when you need offense, I think would be very short sighted. But if you have Alvarez as your standalone catcher right now today, you gotta start looking around for possibly another option the Mets.
Speaker 2: The Mets might be a team that really need to look at themselves and figure out where the trademarket is and maybe open up that Pandora's box because they got all these pieces that are just like, Okay, you're right when Navarus comes back, you got Nedo. What do you do with Alvarez? You can't dh him really on opposite days because you've got Vento's and Baby up, and they're trying to figure out vogel Buck. They got too many Ronnie Mauricio sitting out there, They've got two. They have riches that are too close to the majors that if they've got deficiencies in other spots, they really should look to maybe move something, move one of these guys. Maybe it's Alvarez, by the way, and not love blatantly Vento's or Baby, but I do think that's something that that team should, especially with the money that they spend, they should.
Speaker 1: That's why I keep coming back to the Mets. The Mets have the need for Ottani. The Mets have the prospects though Otani, the Mets have the will to lock him up long term. Money is no object to Steve Cohen. That's why everyone keep saying all the gains stay on the West Coast. I just don't think it's gonna happen. I really don't. We'll see at the end. I love this. It's my favorite thing the first time, long times, Josh Dodd. I've listened to every single episode of Leading Off, but never been here live among the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. Keep up the good work, Joe and Chris. Your show makes my daily commute tolerable. Josh, We've been called tolerable many times in our life, both Welsh and myself. But thank you, yes, hey, tolerable. Take out the trash, will you please? But Josh, all joking aside, thanks for listening, and this is great. I love when people join us here live in the chat. It's fun to hang out here. The the Penis and Cracker tracks are amazing. Let's do a little rookie lookie. So according to Cardinals manager Very Cardinals, every show today for all you Saint Louis fans Thursday. Matthew Liberator will start next week, he said yesterday. So that is good. We were speculating will he make a second start. We was gonna work out of the bullpend. No, he will make a start in the road. Trip Uri Perez got's first major league win. Congratulations son, good job. And then Tosh Bradley did get back. Now he struggled in the beginning I gave up two runs over five innings that he did settle down a little bit. So overall, I think, you know, if you stayed away, you were probably happy. If you had to start him, you probably looked and said, Okay, it wasn't so bad. I think that's kind of the takeaway from Tosh. He wasn't what he looked like in the minor leagues, that's for sure. That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you kind of saw the stuff. You saw the things that we were a little bit worried about with him. The command was a little sit spotty, the cutter wasn't hitting where he needed it to go. But you know, he was able to get away with a lot of stuff. The changeup was going. You just you wish to see it a little bit more of the curveball. But I think overall pretty good. And by the way, we can also say goodbye officially to Uri pres strikeout props being four and a half. I think the last two have been four and a half. They have smacked both, I think in the third inning, so we can say bye bye to those. Those were nice while we had them.
Speaker 1: And Cody, you're right, I did say this about Wan Soda that he would be a Met eventually, because I could tell Steve Cohen really liked Wan Soto, but at the time they didn't want to move the prospects. And I told you the problem was they were never going to trade him in the division, so I knew he wasn't going to be via trade. And if the Mets don't get Otani, they will go after Wan Soda in free agency. It's going to be one of those two guys for sure. So Cody, you're right, I did say Soda will be a Met. There's still time for that to happen. But there's no way the National is going to trade him to the Mets. Like that was going to happen. They would have had such a massive overpaid. It's never ever going to be the case. All right, Let's go to one more here. Anthony Volpi, who we were talking about, was on the precipice got bench two days ago. Yesterday hit a home run. Maybe this burns him. I still say it's he's a great bilo across the board. I still believe in Anthony Volpe despite the struggles, and I think it's great that they're sticking with him injury front. Tommy Edmund removed yesterday lower abdomen soreness. That sounds painful. Jared Walsh, who's been dealing with chronic migraines and headache issues. He went three for three with a pair of walks yesterday in a rehab assignment. So if you're desperate for some corner help in a deeper league, maybe Jared Walsh can give you a little bit of a help if he is healthy. Seth Lugo is not healthy. He goes onto the aio with a calf strain. Aaron Savali three scoreless innings on Thursday, so he is starting to get closer to returning. So Indians Rock Indians.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let's get on. Joe remember my mistake last week? Oh oh, Chat, uh oh oh? Joe is the team Joe?
Speaker 1: What was it? Well, they were the Cleveland Indians, so at one point they were I don't think it's the same thing, Chat, I don't think it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: I think you're just worse. I think your's just worse than what they were called.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like I said something like I called them.
Speaker 2: I just said the wrong name. I didn't say a name that was canceled. Joe. This chat is garbage, by the way, not one person getting on your case about it in this chat I'm looking at because.
Speaker 1: Mine, Mine was an honest point that I made one time and called myself. You made it eight times one small.
Speaker 2: But again, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Hard to lead you out of it. I think so hard. I was like, are you sure anyway?
Speaker 2: The Guardians you wanted to ask who's going on?
Speaker 1: We ask who gets bounced when Savali.
Speaker 2: Comes back, Peyton, Battonfield. That's it's an easy one that that's the one that we've known that was is gonna go away. The bigger tests are going to be coming up here quickly. When trist McKenzie is available and comes back, who's going to get who's gonna kick rocks? And I think that's gonna be my gut, says caw Kwan Trill. He should go far away, far far away, and that's going to be your rotation. That would be the two rookies Savallee, McKenzie and Bieber. But you know, listen, they Savally I don't think should be guaranteed anything either. And you have Gavin Williams in the in the wings, so a lot of options for them. But yeah, Peyton Battonfield is going to be saying bye bye.
Speaker 1: Yes now the chat. Yeah, I didn't call them the Cleveland Guidos or something like that.
Speaker 2: No, you just call them that they actually changed, because.
Speaker 1: They actually changed. And I made a mistake. I'm tired. It's Friday again.
Speaker 2: This is what you're to make mistakes here, Joe. There's no mistakes.
Speaker 1: But I called myself as I made it, and I could tell it was like one of those bubbles, those cartoon bubbles. I could see it in my mouth. I said. Sometimes I still say San Diego Chargers every now and again. These are just things that are ingrained in you after forty years. You know, franmil Reyes got signed to a minor the contract.
Speaker 2: Do you care who did he used to be with he used to be with it? What was that team? Joe? No, what was that other team that he.
Speaker 1: Was winning out? The Padres? Which, by the way, how much long are we going to call him the Padres?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is that offensive?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm just saying, like, how much long did we call him the Padres?
Speaker 2: Joey Joey digging? Joey's digging. No, I have no interest in him. Frama Rays with the Nationals or anybody. Unfortunately. I love friand of Race. He's like such a nice guy and stuff too, But uh, the game is not there, so no, we don't. We don't have any fantasy interests here.
Speaker 1: I love the Washington Commanders. Somebody give me a Washington Commander's hat and I'll put it on it right now, all right, h three up and three down from yesterday. Wilson Contreras obviously the two three run home run. It's amazing. So Wilson Catrera has had a you know, a little bit of a stern talking to you. Maybe Marmall's a genius. Maybe he's exactly the old school, tough guy manager that this team needed. I don't know, but we could go. Everybody wanted to fire this guy, And now all of a sudden, this team has really come to life in the last couple days. Aaron Judge two for four with another home run. Holy crap. Four home runs this week against the Blue Jays. Unbelievable. Should just be Aaron Judge every day for home run calls. Boba Shitt three to four with a solo homer. In that same game, Oleo Urius lit up for six runs, over three innings. I can't get past this going into the season. Welsh. I know we had this conversation a lot with Urius where he was being valued as a fantasy Asian. I just did not believe he was. I don't think fantasy Asians go out there and have as many of these kind of starts as Yurius does on occasion. He is more Jose Burrios than he is Clayton Kershaw. And I know that that upsets a lot of people if I say that, But you know what, I think it's true. I think it's true. And until he proves otherwise, you can't put him in that same Zach Gallan, Spencer Streyder, those guys are aces in fantasy. Urius is not that guy, and going in if you look back at the ADP, that's exactly where he was ranked. And I think it was wrong, and I still believe it's wrong, and I think it's playing out that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drafted. The idea of drafting him before, like Zach Gallen is so silly right now, and I think Zach Allen has jumped into a completely different range. You know, there were some early positive signs with areas the strikeout, numbers were going up, but they seem to have. His chase rate is in the essentially top twenty five percent of the league, but everything has kind of stabilized down. Biggest hard hit percentage of his career he's given up. His K percentage has now dropped to a three year low. Is less effective. He's getting hit on the fastball a whole lot more. As a two to eighty three batting average last year he gave up a one.
Speaker 1: Confidence on the mound Welsh to the demeanor's not good, and I always, you know, this is something that all the you know, fun Twitter pitching gurus and stuff like that, they're never going to talk about. Right, They're gonna give you the X plug, they're gonna give you all these other things, but they're never gonna talk about demeanor. Confidence, commanding the space and the mound. This is something that the great pitchers do. It's something that even the great pitchers, when they're not great anymore, still do, Like Max Schuers is not what Max chers there was, but I'm sure most guys are pretty you know, afraid to face matchers or most days still like there's still an intimidation factor's a control factor with that guy, and I think the best pictures have that, and Urius does not have that demeanor at all. You could tell he's shaken there. And we got to talk about this too before he gets to the rest of the downs, because if we don't, Mike Maher's gonna explode. He's tweeting about it. He's talking about it. Gunnar Henderson's heating up Gunner Henderson.
Speaker 2: I think it was like literally the eleventh hour, you know that, like it was the last second. He didn't have much more time, in my eyes, to get going than he did and he and I think over last week he said over three hundred he's been good. This is why they were tenuous about, like, don't want to drop him if you could go in other directions. I think there were some scenarios where we kind of had to, but I'm telling you this dude probably did it within one week. More of his struggles, I think the team would have made the really, really tough decision. Jordan Westburg just said his twelfth homer of the day. The other day, he's knocking at the door. Joey Ortiz has been getting opportunities, so I think he's saving himself a gig right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, continuing on with the downs, Adam Waynwright five runs, but at least he had the Burger Phone. Only two of them were earned, so not everything was his fault, but still a W against the Dodgers in a big one too. That game was fun. Last night, Hora Mateo returned to action, but it didn't matter. He went over four all the Hori Mateo stuff right of replacements, he is hitting, get this right over the last fifty one played appearances one oh six one one twenty eight slash so bad. I mean, I don't know if I ever remember a player being that hot in April and this cold in May, Like this is this is like frozen tundra cold. This is unbelievable. I mean, do you just drop him or do you? Benjamin at this point, like I don't have many drop you know what.
Speaker 2: Personally, I know he had a lot of stolen bases and whatnot, but like that was a big draw. Yeah, I'm not drawn to that anymore. I don't see how it's amazing that the Orioles.
Speaker 1: I'm not drawn to that anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't care for that sort of man means nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm over that stage of my life. I'm moving on.
Speaker 2: It's pretty incredible that they dealt with these struggles from multiple guys when they have got a minor league system that is chock full of guys that are not just like kind of know they're ready. Westberg and Kowser could come up and play today today. They could if they wanted. So, I just don't see why they're gonna hold on for too much longer. I think it's I think he's gonna get designated at some point. You don't even need him as a super util guy because Joey Ortiz can play that if they want so. I think it gets designated soon and they bring up Jordan Westburg and that's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: I just I can't I'd love to go back and see some of the trades for Horey Matteo, like what people got in return for him on I don't know, April twentieth, like that would have just been amazing.
Speaker 2: But what is his season number right now? Is he down to?
Speaker 1: Why? In the meantime, let's talk about Prize Picks. Use that promo code leading off, download the Prize Packs app, or just go to prize picks dot com and use the promo code leading off because when you do, you will get one hundred percent depositive match up to one hundred dollars Welsh. Give us your prize picks and the answer to how good Hori Matteo has been? Well? Also, how about cold May.
Speaker 2: How about we celebrate me for the win yesterday. That's another cash I am more Welsh.
Speaker 1: Can we do that? That's all I wanted to do today with Well, let's.
Speaker 2: Celebrate you that played it, that you have the money because I even gave you a secondary option because I put Trout in there and that hit so we were able to get through it. It's actually two fifty two, not to sixty two. It's actually a pretty good line. I'm being a little dismissive of it. I think I forgot how good of a line because he's been so bad. His XBA is pretty decent, all right. Maybe I maybe I spoke out a turn. Maybe I was being a silly goose because those type of numbers they might give him a much bigger window, but it doesn't change that. I don't think he's going to hold on to a starting gig.
Speaker 1: I even knew at al wort A Mundy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a good way to put it. I think there's a similar swing set in there too, so way way better stats than I even I remembered going. But I, like I said, I don't think it's going to be able to uh. I think he'll be able to hold off Westburn. But like I said yesterday, the hater Sandwich cas so both hates hates Cashed And then I said trout, and I said, ah, you know what, we can place it with Uri Bing Bang. So let's see if we can make it two in a row. I will attempt to no promises.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Here are my three plays for today. Twenty would cast you one hundred. If you want to play, you can add other fun pieces. I have got no run first inning for Joe Ryan and Reed Debtmers, Zach Gallen strikeout six and a half over and Fernando Tatist Junior, who by the way, on the shirt two and a half two total bases, one and a half over total bases for Fernando Tatis Junior. Those are my prize picks.
Speaker 1: There's a poll up right now that the mayor bear who decided to come to work today for us actually put up and who deserves to be canceled more. Welsh still leading the pack here by a wide margin fifty seven percent.
Speaker 2: So you know what, let's add Mayer to that again.
Speaker 1: I caught myself literally as I said it. It was an honest mistake, and it was true. I didn't keep calling them a different team name that they weren't a completely different identity of another team that they might look similar also play in the American League Central. If I kept calling them the Twins over and over again and they weren't the Twins maybe.
Speaker 2: A little different, I think you guys don't deserve me. I just held that kind a couple of things here too.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't deserve you, all right, all right, let's get to my prize pix here. James Packson five and a half interest strikeouts. I am going to go the over on this, and I am this is I've struggled with this all day, but I'm gonna go with the over on it. Bryce Harper seven and a half hitter Fantasy score over Marcus Simeon, looking for him to have a big day in Colorado too. I think there's gonna be a lot of runs there. Eight and a half. Speaking of runs, also, I want to look at that Oakland Houston game today, you got some subpar pitching on that mound. Nine and a half is the run total. I know it's a big number. I'm going over in the minus one oh four Seattle for the upset, the Battle of the Bryces, Bryce Miller against Bryce Elder. How often Major League Baseball have two guys named Bryce gone against each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's yeah, that's a very by the way, like two thousand plus name where everyone's.
Speaker 1: Like Aiden Bryce. I think Jackson and Bryce are gonna come over. We're gonna hang out, We're gonna play Fortnite. It's gonna be super cool. And then of course the Boston Red Sox plus one thirty on the money line. That's on DK. But speaking of Bryce Miller, four and a half is the number, minus one twenty five. I'm gonna go over on that. Zach Gallon six and a half k's it's gonna be slightly over, I'm but I'm gonna go over again. That's at minus one fourteen. But I feel really strongly, the most strongly I should say, what a strong guest about Houston Oakland and the over in that nine and a half. I think you know Oakland's out the greatest offensive team. We know this. But even if they can patch together three or four runs here in this game, I think Houston's gonna well take care of the rest todaygainst Walda Chuck. So that's that's where I'm sitting. Where are you sitting when it comes to the bets today?
Speaker 2: Well, all right, I've actually got two bets. I'm going with the Diamondbacks on we have a third bet that's actually a part of our big parlay every single day, Joe myself, Mike Mayer, and Kelly Kirby put together a four leg parley. You can play that one of us will inherently lose. I think I might have the most losses on it. Yet I'm not one hundred percent sure because I can't do some of the stuff I like to do sometimes. But today, on that one, I had the Diamondbacks money line, but my two favorite bets inside of it. I've got the Diamondbacks first five to be up by a run. It's a little juice at one thirty five, but it's just enough where you could still play it. So they just have to be up by one run after five innings. Reminder, Zach Gallon is pitching on that they're going up against Johanna Alviedo. I like the Diamondbacks team total runs two and a half over that's plus one twenty five, and they're averaging over four runs per game over their last I think three games, and Oviedo has gone over this two of his last three, so I love that. That's actually my favorite, the team total runs. I'm also going back to Tampa Bay. They screwed me yesterday, but I'm going with the team total runs two and a half. I'm doing that bad boy again. It's minus one ten. Those are my bets, so but you can always go check out the Betting Pros site and the Leading Off group if you want to check out any bets. I can't put my team total runs in there, but I can put some of my others, so I might add some more. So go and follow that, follow me, follow us, and have a glorious time.
Speaker 1: And this weekend, if you're sitting around watching baseball, you might as well try so rare go give it a shot. Fantasypros dot Com slash collect again. It's free, so go check it out. It's free, free fun baseball stuff. It's fantasy it's cards, you create your team, you play against other people. It's a good time and big news. We announced this week too, Fantasypros dot Com slash Leading Off League, where you can go ahead with your so rare teams and compete against other members of the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks, and we're giving away free subscriptions to MLB TV. So look at that. Very cool, so rare, really step it up the game. I like that, by the way, too, so good times there for the All Star a winner, So that's gonna be a fun thing. They're going on now Welsh when we're looking at the DFS slate for the day again, the Battle the Bryces. I'm gonna take Bryce Miller. He's cheaper, He's nine point nine, not much different than Elder. If you want to make a lineup and then just make two lineups, one with Elder, one with Miller, there's nothing wrong with that. Chances are one of those lineups is going to be better than the other. I think that's a good philosophy today. If you want to avoid that game altogether, that's also cool. If you are, then you go to the top of the board with Joe Ryan, where Zach Gallen or you go bound to the bottom end with James Paxon eight point three, the Mets, the Rangers, especially the Houston Astros, and the Dodgers. Those are the offenses I want to get into today. Mark Fiento's if he's in the lineup. The two point eight Miguel Vargus, who's been really good. I wrote him up on Fantasybros dot Com in our whole you know by low Sell high stuff. Miguel Vargus has been really good these last couple of weeks. He's really starting to hit two point seven k Louis our Ees two point eight Welsh. When it comes to home run calls today, I know you and I both hit home runs. You're probably back on the board, but Ethan was unavailable today a home run board. He's traveling. I wanted to see that. I know you wanted to see. Instead, how about I show you this picture of Wanso. Oh yuck, oh, how about that?
Speaker 2: It's so disgusting.
Speaker 1: Again, that is the reaction of Juan Soto to Juan Soto seeing Wan Soto statue.
Speaker 2: It's like the guy in the Goonies, remember the what was the guy's name who was trapped.
Speaker 1: Well, you're doing it again. That would be Sloth slot again.
Speaker 2: Exactly what am I doing? I didn't do anything. I'm not saying names. I'm making very careful about that. Your knock up. But can we get Bobblehead, Sodo and Sloth at some point back to back, because I mean that is that is.
Speaker 1: I love the Goodies. That's one of my favorite all time movies. They're actually showing it in the movie theater, the movie theater by my house. Every week they show old movies, and they're doing the Harry Potter series on Saturdays or doing all these amazing fun stuff. And in September they're showing Goonies and I've never seen Goonies on the big screen, so very excited about that.
Speaker 2: You know what, this might be hated. I rewatched it with my kid. I don't no, no, I'm sorry, like no, I watched it when I.
Speaker 1: Was a girl show. Now we're canceled. Now I'm canceling you. I can't. It's not fine.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, it's not just chat. Can you back me up here? The Goonies is great, please, for the love of God, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's fine, Like it's the storytelling is pretty rare.
Speaker 1: Whatever it's it's it's canceled.
Speaker 2: You guys can watch that. I'll watch like, you know, shows with like really deep and rich like storylines and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Now lines, these are children fighting for their home, fighting for their home. Welsh about to all move. They're all going to move to different places. They're losing their home, they're losing their community, all for big business industrialization of this wonderful small town America. You want to talk about the struggle for the soul of small town America? That's what about that? And pirates?
Speaker 2: What's the kid with the Shuffle's.
Speaker 1: That guy all? Now? It's it's it's what was his name? How mean? It's chunk everybody? But it's really.
Speaker 2: Massively annoying character on the rewatch I remember you liked him when you were a kid. Rewatch it. You hate You want everything bad to happen. You don't like anything about the kid. You don't want him to have the body. It's just not it's not great. It's I don't know, maybe I need to like rewatch it. But I remember watching with a kid, and actually it's it's.
Speaker 1: A Spielberg production. By the way, I know people say it's a Spielberg movie, but Richard Donner directed it. Richard Donner again one of the great directors period. I want to say, Richard Donner did Leath a Weapon, Richard Donnod did some of the best movies you'll ever see in the eighties and early nineties. So I mean, guys, really.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's fine. It's it's that like late eighties early nineties absurdity of stories where it's like these kids a whole and then hey, look there's pirates, and it's just you're just like all right, like it's it's fine. It's I think we had more imagination back when we were kids. Now there's so much in television and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: That's why I kind of love it because it's simple and it all feels like, hey, you know, crazy things happened. It's a little bit more realistic. There's no cgi, there's no other things. And what's fun too thanos. You know in that movie, you get obviously Josh Brolin playing oh yeah, he was the brother brother, and you get Sean Aston who was in Lord of the Rings. So you get two guys as kids who were in two of the biggest movie franchises in the history.
Speaker 2: It's just like bad parents, you know, like all they are parents, but how funny the worst parents on the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then the Corey Felpen speaking Spanish to that poor Spanish woman is trying to help them back up and telling.
Speaker 2: Me about what actually enjoyed. Corey Felps Again, I don't hate it, It's just I'm not like, I'm not gonna idolize it and sit here and be like, oh my god, Goonies is so great. Everybody, let's go back and rewatch.
Speaker 1: You hate Star Wars too, Cody Wilson.
Speaker 2: Star Wars a great. Star Wars is a great storyline. Yeah, it's awesome. I mean I love Puppet, the Puppet, the puppet Yodo. I watched all the Star Wars stuff my home run call before we have Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I love Yolo Yolo my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like no goods, there was like a puppet back then, and then it gets into like much bigger stuff here. I'm gonna go with Aaron Judge today. I feel like it's cheap. I apologize. I kind of wanted to go with Tatis because I got them on my shirt today. But Aaron just going in Cincinnati. I don't fly balls are going to be four hundred, four hundred foot homers for Judge, So I'm gonna kind of easily go with this one. Try to stack up, but I think I'll just take it for the weekend. So give me Aaron Judge for the weekend. I'm kind of being a cheater, but I am getting at the top of the leaderboard.
Speaker 1: Hot Takewash. I think you love Goonies. You're just afraid to say that you love Loonies because your favorite character is Data, and you think that that's going to lead people down a bad road for you because that character obviously is a little, you know, stereotypical. I just do the show. That's the truth. I'm gonna go with Bryce Harper for this weekend. That's what I'm going to do, and uh yeah, we're gonna have a good time. And if you want to talk about something. My kids, I keep trying to get them to the original Star Wars again. There's some corny, crazy stuff in those when you're just watching bits and pieces where you're like, yeah, this is a little melodramatic and ridiculous, And I love Star Wars as a kid, but the older I get, I've moved on tomorrow Marvel stuff and other things. So Welsh has obviously left the show because it's gotten to that kind of thing. It's been a great run for us here. Oh there he is, he's back there. Perhaps he'll lay some booby traps later on the booby traps, Ye, booby traps.
Speaker 2: So there you go, Yola, Yoda, everybody, there you go.
Speaker 1: So it's been a fun show. We've enjoyed you all being here today. Go out and enjoy your baseball again. Go sign up for so Rare fantasypros dot com slash collect check it out free to check it out and make sure you play some prize picks this weekend to use the promo code leading off when you do. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey Ping. We'll see you next time, kids,