Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 2: Don't ask your question.
Speaker 3: Let's just keep it real, straight shot with no chasing. So I'm gonna get a little bit rougher. I'm here for it. Those who really believed in the American process, all of us Street Shot, No Chase with your Girl Chesselm figure out on the Black Effect Podcast Network, The straight Shot, No Chase, the Testlim Figure Row, Marcella's Road. Might as well might as well just go aha and start calling you co host. You've been showing up a lot over the last four or five months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, put some respect on my name.
Speaker 3: On came you came up? Maybe we need to call you as you officially holds out, I can't remember what season I'm on, but uh, this is the fifth year with Black Effects Podcast Network. Very excited to be day one as I look at Charlemagne and how you know, he just continues to grow this network. It is just so impressive. He added two more Carlos King for those who are may or may not be familiar with him Reality with the King. He is a real big producer in reality TV. You know, was a producer on many of the mini seasons on the Housewives series. Married to medicine, a plthor of other things. I'm not big in reality, you know, to name them all. But I did an interview on Revolte News and learned a lot and he has a really, really big following, and so now he's brought that over to the podcast, to Black Effect podcast Networks. So he announced it on Breakfast Club and I shared it on my Instagram and he thanked me, you know, very humble, very nice, nice guy, you know that that appreciated that. So shout out to Carlos King. Looked forward to big things. Also, it used to be horrible decisions, but then they went from horrible decisions to decision decisions. But now Mandy has a spin off show, another show that she's doing as well in addition still to decision decisions. So people are just doing podcasts after podcasts, spending off two three podcasts at the same time, four days a week, and here we be sitting on very struggling just just to do one or two. But I don't know if people notice we have increased. I've been doing three, four or five some weeks, you know, over the last couple of months, and I want to keep that energy up hopefully, you know, it's made a difference. And you guys, you know, having something to tap into I'm trying to steal. Even though it's been five years, you're still always growing, You're still you know, always trying to see what works, what doesn't work, what's the best format. I know people wanted me to go over the news a lot, but it's also been really heavy on me, Marcella's to make sure that we're giving people information. You know, it's like everybody's talking about the same stories over and over. Everybody got a hot take and everybody, you know, this is what such as us said about it, I said about it, and I just want to be a place for solution based you know, how to do because we are in a crisis, whether you want to admit it or not, whether you like it or not, we are in a crisis and it is going to get worse before it gets better. And that's not a scare tactic. It's not you know, trying to just you know, say something, just be saying something. It's just the reality, guys. And like I mentioned on last show, you're not moving to Ghana, you know, so let's knock it off. You're you're not moving to Ghana. A lot of you can't even go to a family reunion, you know, from one side of the country, two or the other, let alone Ghana. So the reality is the majority of us will be over here. The reality is almost sixty percent of Black Americas live in the South, meaning red states. So the reality is we will all have to deal with this period. Y'all can post a million videos about oh, white people getting affected more than us and all of that. I don't give it down. I don't even know why, y'all. I don't even know why a lot of it. I guess they gotta do it because maybe they want to shout out to Joe read us. Looking at the videos she did and Nina Turner was on it, and they was, you know, talking about how white people are gonna be most affected by this, and you know, I don't like. What's I don't. I don't what's the point. I guess that's important to be out there. I guess I told you so, or you guys are getting it worse, I guess. But to be honest with you myselfs I don't give it down. What if they're affected more or not. I'm only concerned. My only concern is how is this affecting us? And I Even though that's important information to have out, I just think it brought a lot of people to sleep on what the main thing is? You know? Do y'all told you souls? And yeah, y'all getting what y'all? I get that. But at the end of the day, if we're both on the train track, now use this analogy. The other day, we're both standing on the train track, me and a white woman. My concern is, how do I get off the train track. I'm not gonna sit up there and say, well, you on the train track too. You closer to the train track. You know. If you closer to the train and I am, you know you you gonna get hit. First bottom line is I'm gonna get hit, right, that's the bottom line. So why are we not spending our time? And I guess I'm sound like them are our time? I don't give a shit what they doing. I'm let me let me rephrase it, let me take my own advice. All people shit if they spend their time about it, than not. Here we're gonna spend time on. We're on the train track, the train is coming, and what can we do? Yeah, that's it. That's all.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I was watching Funny I need you know. I've been in the show a couple of times. He's been to mind, great supporter. His fans are great supporters of mine. We crossed pollinate on a lot of things. And I remember when I went to the show early this year and he was saying, you know, he's resting. He said he's gonna be resting and sitting in his house rest the rest resting. But now and and and although resting, he's always opened up a space for me, you know, to talk and you know others that to give people information. I want to be clear about that. I appreciate the fact that he'd done that, but he did was coming from a position like, hey, it's what it's gonna be. But now, doctor heaven only Heavenly, who's on marriy to medicine, has launched her campaign, you know, to run for state Rep in Georgia, and he was out there holding signs saying he's ready to knock on doors. He's ready to get involved. And I love to see it. Whether people think she should run or not run, the point is Marcella's when people get behind somebody they like somebody that motivates them. For whatever reason, people get active. So it's not always the policy or the positioning. Sometimes it's just the person, just the person that's like, whatever it is that gets you involved. I'm with it. Whether you think she's qualified, not qualified, don't have enough experience, shouldn't be running. I'm looking at some people who are laughing with a thousand laugh emojis in the comments, and some people saying, hey, at least she's doing something you not. So I'm gonna always lead to I don't know her personally, I don't know her policy, I don't know none of that. But what I do know she put a hat in the game. What I do know is that people in the comments have not and will not. That's that's for anything, to get people talking about actually running opposed to run in their mouth, I'm with it, yea. So this is not an endorsement around know nothing about her, but good for you, and especially if we can involve the reality show folks, which I've said before, if we can mix those worlds and get that conversation going and show what that looks like in a real way, I'm with it. I'm with it. So shout out to her for that. I'm gonna watch that campaign. Never watched the show, but I'm gonna watch that campaign. I will watch the show. I hope they because I even told Carlos. I was like, you know, it'd be great if they could follow a candidate or show you know something, And here it is, you know, she's she's running. So I think it's an a sline deal and people shouldn't sleep on it because if we remember Hollywood Unlock, Jason Lee actually got elected last year. He actually got elected, so and he came from reality show World, So let's just continue to see what it looks like. I just want us talking about it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I just want us talking about something other than what they talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I want to add.
Speaker 1: So I want to congratulate you again for you've been in law school.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get tired of you saying, ain't it over and up? Oh, he said, because I'm working my ass. By the way, we have to take we're taking a class now that is preparing you for a class. So it's the class before the class, and I sit here at this computer six seven hours a day. It is a real job. Now it gets easier in time, you know, second year, because you get faster, you know how to find information. But it's a job. Let's let's let's make no mistakes.
Speaker 4: Back.
Speaker 3: I always said, you know, I'm a wait to go till Jada goes to college because I need the time. I was right with that. I was absolutely right with that. Now, everybody else may have been able to do it the other way, but me, and you know, running my business and clients and all of that, this was the best way that I could do it. That I could just really just sit here and get lost. Because of my study habits, I get really lost into it, you know, like I'll stay on something for hours and hours and hours until I grasp it, unlike many others. So I'll stay into it hours an hour. So for me to have nothing but time, you know that I don't have to worry about stopping and picking up Jadie from school and drop her off here and doing it and getting dinner. This was the best decision up for me. But go ahead. I'm sorry. I don't want to interrupt you.
Speaker 2: No, I was just I was just get ready. That was perfect.
Speaker 1: I was just getting ready to say, since it's like a pre class I was going to say, do you want to spill a little bit what you've learned so far?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I always love you know. I love that you're naturally curious. And Marcelle's don't give damn y'all want to know about it, and he takes me all the time. He'd be like, I want to talk about it. I think the people should know. We'd be like I I E. I'm the peace. But it's been. It's very interesting because again working with the turning crunt the last ten years working in the legal field, being a mediator, I mediated over one thousand plus cases, civil cases because I am a civil circuit which is the lower court and appellet mediator. But even still and normally, just so you know, in your law school career, you don't start mediation or even interning or any of that until like your third year. So my experience is already advanced, you know, when one would consider advanced from somebody just you know, going to law school career at first time. I'm saying all that to say I still know the hell I'm talking about, and I love it. I love you always don't ever think you know more than the program.
Speaker 2: You know bigger in the program.
Speaker 3: Never beg in the program. Always have a curious mind to say, I think so, but let me see if I can learn a little bit more. So, the fourteen cases that we've had to complete in this two or three week assignment, we're still not done this two or three week assignment with torts, I've learned a lot. And if I just had to just one, it's been very exciting to go back and look at cases in the fifteen hundreds, you know, twelve hundred and thirteen hundreds, you know all of that. How they set foundation, you know, for assault cases and battery cases, like the initial foundation. So for example, a tourt case that sort that and so you have tort. So if I were to ask you what assault is, most people think of sault is criminal. You know, I hit you, I'm literally hitting you. What assault? It's not just criminal, It's also can be a tort, a civilizability meaning okay, I'm gonna sue you for assault which does not require you to physically touch me. And so one of the first cases that established that was a and I'll just kind of summarize it, but it was a tavern basically a club. They had a club way back then and a man went to it and was drink and wanted to get in the club. He wanted to I guess he missed last call. On summarizing, the lady sticks her head out the window. She's like, hey, we're closed up. It's not a you know, the club is closed. Bottom line, he had a hatchet because back then they walked around with hatchets. I guess. So he had a hatchet and swung it at her. Never made contact, didn't make contact with the door, didn't make contact with her at all, but that was considered assault. Took them a court and won, you know, because of her fear of being hit. So and so insummation the law, and this is the moral to the story. The law has always been in place. It has not always been fair to us, obviously, you know it's black Americans. It has not always been the right decisions have not always been made. But what I love about it is just the reminder that people have always in this country debated what is right and what is wrong. You know, what is right and what is wrong, and so establishing the rules and the framework, the initial framework of the law in the policies, and how that changes over time. That is what is exciting to me, So not necessarily maybe learn something new. I've learned a lot new, but I will say my aha moments are What's been enlightening me is the reminder that it is always a living document. You know, it is not setting stone. It's always changing, and how do we participate in that change. So when people say, well, there's no point, nothing's going to change, why would we change? Have they said that in the thirteen hundred, twelve hundred and fourteen, fifteen hundred and sixteen, nineteenth century twenty they said, you know, nothing would have changed. So our part is always playing a role in that change that we may not ever see. Like mister Fisher that sued for being called a negro happing his plate snatched from him when they said negroes can't eat here. He sued for battery even though the person did not physically touch him, by the fact that they touched the plate that was attached to his person. That was one of the original cases on defining battery. So even then in nineteen sixty seven, wait, man, what you call me, Let's go to court. And this was right after the nineteen sixty five, you know, Civil Rights Act, So even then people had the courage to crash out for justice, you know back then when there was a real consequence. You know, we got consequences now, but it was real consequences.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna ask you real back up just a little bit. What is I think I know it is by one for sure. What is a pellate means?
Speaker 3: So that's when somebody is going to the appellate is the supreme court. So when I appeal, you know, you hear somebody say I appeal. Sometimes they appeal to the district court to another court. Let's just say, so appellate could be the person that is appealing. But where you're appealing is the question. It could be Okay, I went to the district court. Now we're going to the Supreme Court of Georgia. And then I don't like that answer. So now you know that type of stuff. So there's the Supreme Court on the state level, then the Supreme Court on the federal level, and they appeal the appealee or they appell at or have you want to pronounce it. That's the person, you know making the plane. Okay, just like you have the defendant and the plaintiff, they can turn into the appellate and you know the same thing, and the appellate and the respondent, I'm sorry, right, and to the appeal. So I'm saying Marcella's didn't like at the trial court, the lower court, the circuit court, okay loss, Now, yeah, I don't like that. I'm gonna take it to the epist So I'm gonna be the the Uh. I am appealing to the Supreme Court to say, hey, I'm appealing this meaning I am appealing asking for you to make a different decision. And Marcella's is the respond and he needs to respond to my appeal. And literally think about the word appeal. I'm appealing something to you. Oh it appeals, you know, I'm appealing, Like really think about like what that means, the word itself, what means. So when you have a question, this is why we want we want to have you know, we want to look things up and we want to say, let's look at the fundamental word and let's just do it here in real time. Let's look up the fundamental word on what is the definition of appeal? So definite spell says make serious or urgent request. So that word just saying I want to make an urgent request. Now you take that and you apply that to an appeal, and that's saying apply to a higher court for a reverse of a decision. So one thing about the law. Get to the root of the word. What is the worst so you can actually have an understanding of it, not just saying, Okay, I'm going to appeal. I'm appealing in court. What does appeal mean? Appeal can just mean I'm making a request. I'm gonna make an appeal that I want Piece of the Night instead of Hamburgers. So I'm gonna appeal to Jada and beg her to go get Hamburgers, which she never does, even though I bought the car. She ain't never had to pay, no car payment, no insurance, no nothing. But I have to appeal make a request where old school, my mom just told me what to do. There was no opace, no appeal. I ain't appeal nothing to you. And that's that, Yeah, which is interesting because this generation they're used to us making appeals. And that's where the confusion comes in. You know, he used to like me asking you and you actually, you know, making a decision if you want to listen to me or not. Right, because we've allowed this. You're now I'm getting on the tangent another tangent. But I just literally just had I've been making an appeal to Jada to do something all day and just a minute go out to say and say, okay, now the appeal process is over. But now I'm too the process is over. No, no more. But it's because we've empowered this generation, you know, to have a say, we've been powered this generation to you know, have feedback. We've empowered this generation to you know, be a respondent of things. But how I grew up, there was no appeal at all. It was this and that's that. Yeah, But me trying to have balance and not be a judge and allow you, you know, to do it on your own and make your own decisions. The appeal wasn't working in this particular request. So now I just got to go straight up with the with you know, with the with the correctional officer. Now at this point, right, so, anytime you have a question on a word, look up the word of what it means in the law, but also get to the root of the word. And that's and that's a great question, right, I said, because that's what takes me so long studying because my brain thinks like that, where somebody else just say, oh, it's an appeal and kind of move on. I'm gonna spend time wrestling, you know, unpacking it all the way down so that you can have a complete concept of it. Because the way I just explained it, with the hypotheticals and with all that, you'll remember it more so than just me saying an appeal is this makes sense?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So my training style that y'all need to make sure y'all come to testifigure dot com next classes on July nineteenth, two pm. My training style is to give you the concepts until until you can wrap your head all the way around it. And it's on things like that, the hypotheticals, you know, the other situations, the D D D, and so you can spend hours, you know, like that one case example, I'm not gonna stop at okay, it was assault because he didn't hit you. Now I'm gonna look at okay, what about if he hit the door? What happens then who's liable? What about if she hit him back? What about if he swung in her and then she hit it, she actually hit him and make contact battery? Now what happens, you know, So I try to go through all those hypothetical scenarios, not because I just want to be the smartest one in the class, but that's how I grasp information, and I want to actually understand. See, that is the key, Marcella's that is the key, understanding the rules and the loopholes and the rules.
Speaker 2: Yes, the loopholes, Yep.
Speaker 3: The loopholes and the rules. That's why it's important. Only five percent of attorneys in America are black. You're how important that is because somebody and we don't know if all they five percent is on our side. So you need somebody who understand the loopholes because you think they gonna tell you the loopholes. Absolutely not and it's and guess what's not their job to tell you the loopholes. When you go in court you present your argument. If you don't know the loopholes, you just don't know the loopholes, the judging gonna say, hey, a counselor you forgot you know, to do X, Y Z. And the question gonna be is that okay? Is that it anything else? No, don't do anything else from the defense, No, sir, I rest well, you rested without especially resting. That's what they're doing nowadays. You're doing all that restling and you haven't put up enough argument because you don't know the loopholes. You don't know the loopholes. So now the person doesn't have adequate representation. And that's what an appeal. When you appeal, somebody didn't put up something, somebody left off something, somebody I didn't agree with the judge said. But a lot of that, if you really get into it, somebody didn't present something. A lot of it is like the attorney didn't put this on the table, put that on the table, or the judge let this slide and not slide, and like, for example, we just want to use a real life example the DDDY case or he oh, he got all type the grounds to appeal. So even though his family and him seem to be favorable, you know it's a favorable result, he's still a convicted feeling and he still can put up an appeal based upon certain testimony that should not have been admitted, that was admitted, or you know, different things like that are the ways things ruled and all that type stuff. So your attorneys have to know the loopholes and then you'll also see that. If you watch cases, you'll see where the attorneys say, can we put it on the record that I did object to that? They gotta do that because that's going to be their grounds for appeal. I tried to and the judge said, don't worry about it, Okay, it need to be on the record. A lot of it happened with the O. J. Tratts. Why I tell you watch the don't watch the documentaries. Watch that is master class you know in what should be admitted, what should not be admitted, how the prosecution may errors, how the defense may errors, how they the theatrics. It's just a master class. People have to take away whatever you think he did not do, and watch it. What you know from a learning standpoint, you learn a lot of I mean I literally watch it. I don't want to. I literally watch it every day, but I don't want to say literally watch it every day because of some days I miss it. But you can you can for sure know that every month I'm watching that case four five times a month, and every time I learned something. Though, and I've been watching that. That case came out in nineteen ninety five, the death was in ninety four. I've been watching it since high school, so that long it's thirty years that I'm watching and still I can watch something the other day and the argument with Flee Bailey and a witness that it appeared that he lied, well he actually he the prosecutor said he lied, but he kind of put a two on a ten. And so I went back and watched that like three or four times, you know, because I wanted to see the argument and how, you know, why to judge penalized him, and how they're worried. And I looked that up and all that, you know. So I'm just a nerve when it comes to stuff like that. So that's a lot of it. That was the why spend so much time studying is because a lot of it is called synthesizing, comparing it with other things and how it makes sense, and you know, what about if we do it this way, what about it we do it that way? You know all of that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, because it's funny that you said, because I remember when I when I had one of my kids.
Speaker 2: I remember I was happy because I'm like, oh yeah, I won.
Speaker 1: And when you say the law was it was not designed for us, it's I that was that was my experience. I was like, the problem that I had was I was like, wait a minute, you say, let me get this amount of money, but this this, this is not adding up, and I was like, this ain't fair.
Speaker 2: That's when I learned he told me the law was designed to be fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's not. It's designed to make whole and hole or balance does not mean completely. So if you say insurance, my insurance claim burned down my you know, my my house burned to the ground. The house was worth one hundred and fifty thousand. Okay, we're gonna give you ninety five thousand. Oh well, wait a minute, I had insurance. It's not it's desire. The definition of like making you whole or making it fair or balancing the scales. Your definition of fair is subjective. Also, even if we say it's not fair to us, meaning as black people, I'm saying that as a colloquialism, but in the reality of it is your attorney is their job to balance it and make it fair. That's why they need to know that they're talking about. You need to know what to argue. So what I mean by that is the law is there, but if you don't know how to argue it. If you don't know what loopo's, if you don't know you know what I mean, if you don't know how to manipulate it in your favor. Right, that's why it's a lot of times not fear of us, because we can't afford at adequate representation. So for those of you there thinking you're gonna get a rico and you're gonna get off like like puff because they don't have the evidence, you don't have to aig quality. So let's be clear about that's true. A team of lawyers, of highly skilled lawyers, highly paid lawyers, twenty thirty million that could fight that. You and your public defender, it's over with. You better take the plea straight up. So when we say the law ain't fair, does if we unpack that, it's not the law that's the problem. It's the access to justice, what it costs for justice, what it means to get somebody you know good to defend you. And that's just what it is. That's just what it is. This is a capitalist society. You get what you pay for, including the law.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh God, ain't saying well that's what it.
Speaker 2: Is, right?
Speaker 1: See that was me I was being a little nerve going online or look, bringing a numbers back to my attorney.
Speaker 2: No, it says it's worth this much like it was a rule awake. And he was like, yeah, you can.
Speaker 3: Bring it online all you want to. You still can't present that argument confused because I know, you know in this YouTube where everybody expert of everything. But what I love about the law is you don't get the stand up. If that's your attorney, he's speaking for you, he's founding emotions for you. He all the powers in his hand. You can represent your safe, yourself pro safe. We'll see how it all work out. You might have googled, you might have googled two or three laws, but if they hit your ass or something you don't know about it, you're not gonna know how to defend it. Yeah, that's why I have the retainer ready. Y'all better having return in no games and I'm and you can say, oh, man, she just got out of law school. I don't know. I think some people rather have me fresh out of law school than a lot of other attorneys. Because this I'm bringing a whole lot to the table, so that this is just the paperwork on the end and I don't want to be no YouTube lawyer. So again, case y'all listen, go ahead and start saving them now, because the cases is coming. He's I'm coming.
Speaker 2: At a time.
Speaker 3: Trump get done with this country. They're gonna you wanna respect the work, This paperwork don't matter. Degrees don't matter, don't matter, this that, titles don't matter, the government don't matter, FEMA don't matter, you know, Department of Human Services don't matter. Playing parenthood don't matter. All stuff y'all say, don't man, Medicaid don't matter. We're gonna see, uh huh, We're gonna see. And I ain't wishing down for all or nothing. I'm just telling you what it is.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I'm blessed.
Speaker 1: His last question, So, in order for you to become a pellet mediator, what did you have to do to do that?
Speaker 3: Well, first you become a civil a circuit, then a pellate because that's the order of court civil circuit repellant in Florida. You gotta take a certification class and then after the certain you can you can do civil. They'll let you do civils. Circuit is hard to get your certification in that because an attorney got to be willing to let you shadow them, and they block a lot of people out of that. I dig in mind because I have some attorney friends. Then after you get your circuit, you can apply for your pellets. So you have to get over you have to do the circuit before you can be a pellet. And that's in Florida. Some states don't require a certification. They let anybody mediate. But again, you can volunteer to do it all day long. And attorneys and I'm just being honest that they don't that they only pay other attorneys to do that. Oh did they kind of want somebody ask you know what they're talking about before they hand their case over to you. A pay you know, pay two fifty an hour. You know they kind of want you.
Speaker 2: To know it to get into law school or yeah, you want to.
Speaker 3: Truly, And they and they keep it on lock between each other, you know, make money too. Why would I give it to somebody outside the profession that didn't do the work. This all come back to doing the work. I know, y'all. I know y'all look for a loophole outside of it.
Speaker 2: But the attorneys doing it, the atturnys do look for loopholes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, why would I if I graduated medical school with everybody in medical school, we bust our ass to get our medical Why would I go give the work to somebody who just reading how to be a holistic doctor online? And they might be good at what they do. But I'm gonna give it to my colleagues, to my trusted colleagues that I know meant the same standard that I met, put in the same work, did with that. You know, I'm my colleagues all, but why I'm a good holistic doctor. Well, go network with other holistic doctors and y'all pass around, you know, clients to each other. But when I get a client that got ten thousand dollars, I'm gonna go give it to one of my colleagues with the whole that if they got one and they ain't even me to mediate, you know, we're gonna swap.
Speaker 2: You know, gotta do the work, Gotta do the work. Can't get around it.
Speaker 3: You can't get it for Young Kitty's honorary degrees and humanitarian and all you want to. But when it comes to this esquire, yeah, no, they ain't got they ain't got nothing set up yet to just give you even even Kim Kardashian that graduated her and make believe law school. Well, let's easy past the bar. Now you're going to go past the bar. Lose hose with that. And the only reason why again she got money. She was able to get Jessica and all of them to you know, sponsor her the program. So that's why she was able to get through that. You can't do it. And the time you gotta be willing to sit down and say, they say they coached you through this amount of hour, you know, did whatever whatever, and now you know you met the qualifications. But still she has not graduated from the credit law school. She is not past the bar. So you are not an attorney. And shave room can try to spend it however they want to, but you're not walking in nobody's courtroom. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's that's right. It ords the wise mass. Y'all have y'all money. When y'all get these terms that they are not playing, you don't.
Speaker 3: Have the body when y'all come to me, because I ain't playing either. I think I'm not playing your time. Did I'm making y'all stand no business? Now y'all wanna take you don't stand on being able to get the investing Now quick news story. Speaking of the depthtoe devastating in Texas flash flood, it's ridiculous. As of now it's over one hundred the steady, steady rising. This is really, really sad. I've been watching this online. This happened in Kirk County with the logo at Camp Mystic, a river located by Hunt, Texas, and basically it just flooded out like it within a matter of minute. You know, it wasn't like I think people thinking it took time, you know, getting rained and they had time to evacuating all of that. No, it's almost like kind of what happened when Hurricane Tree, Like the levees broke. They didn't have levees, but you get my point, and it just kind of flooded out. And so a lot of kids are missing, families missing. It's a big mess. You know, thought some prayers to them. Texas, you know, they doing big explaining about why this could have happened, that could have happened, you know, the sounders. So just you know, unfortunate. But the main thing also that I want people know about this is at the same time that Trump is saying this is devastating, also saying, you know, it take FEMA too long to get places. We need to just get rid of FEMA and let the states do it, so we'll see how it all work out. I think we need both. We still need federal emergency management assistance in addition to the states. The states do respond first though, by the way, you know, because it's their state, so we understand that. But to get rid of FEMA, like for what you know, So like again, we'll see, we'll.
Speaker 2: See how all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll go see how it all work out again. Shout out again. The city of Philadelphia. They are grappling with mounds of trash. And when I say mounds, it mean mounds. Like they told y'all get somebody else to do it. I'm just loving this story. I'm gonna keep, you know, following on that. I believe they want a eight They said no city offers, they said, claiming the city offered that raised wages by more than thirteen percent. So they've already offered them thirteen percent, and I guess they're saying that, ain't it go back to the drawing board. That's all right, Yeah, so hey one people, y'all gonna respect is the is the sanitation workers for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Also just quickly essence festival. People have been complaining about that. I want to hear your feedback on that. Come on my Instagram. I usually I don't want to say I usually go, but I fen enough. I went last year, didn't go this year. I was gonna go, but I got caught up. I was like, no, let me study. I got a new computer, so I was like, no, I'm just spend time, you know, getting my stuff together for school. But meaning a lot of feedback on that is the lead? Is it the leadership or they putting too much of the African disporiented? Is it because of target? Is because of the economy? Is it because you know the tickets were too high? Bottom line is I would say overall, it still comes back to the economy. So everybody that was saying we're gonna be fine, We're gonna be fine, y'all, everything all good. This is a good example to show everything may not be a good day. People are trying to save their money. They're not trying to spend on extra things that they don't need. And that's even even like I said with me, I was like, hey, do I want to go spend the extra money this weekend, or do I want to study? Even though study was my primary focus, money still was in the equation, Like I still was like, do I want to spend that money to go do that or do I just want to see that I turned, I got a rental car, so let me go take this rental car back and let me just focus on my You don't focus on my business. So it is still in the equation. So when you're listening to wealthy people, rich people online with these podcasts and sit them talk about we're gonna be fine, We're gonna be fine, Well, we're gonna see the average person sixty percent of America is can't even get a set of brand new tires, twelve one dollars tiers. They had a four hundred dollars emergency between that and almost that's the reality, yep. So let's see how it all work out ourselves. And that ain't wishing nobody bad. It's just telling you what it is. Make sure you keep it locked right here because I do. The good news is I do want to help you whatever I can to teach you how to access resource on the local and state level. A lot of the talking his mindself. They're gonna keep talking about federal, federal, federal. I'm gonna talk about it a little bit, but I'm gonna keep I want you to know where to find your resources, how to get those resources, and what it actually looked like, how to affect John's transportation, school crime, all of that right there in your local town. So that's what we're gonna keep pushing over here. Is not as sensational, it's not as intriguing, it doesn't get all the clicks, I get it, but it's what you most need in a time such as this. So I'm gonna stay obedient to what the God has called me to do, and we're just gonna keep pushing it, just like that. Push the line. Make sure y'all roll until us figure out dot com ten dollars off any course, put in, let's go l t sg O on any course, and guys, bring a friend, all right, but we'll see y'all peace. If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast network in iHeartRadio on Teszlin figure out and I'd like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Crawford and our executive producer Charlottagne to God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.