Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: There's a brief look at the text line. Most of the people are against the new first down marker for the NFL that they debuted last night, where they just used the yellow line instead of having the referees run out there with the chains. I do think that pro sports has got to be careful taking the human element out of it. I understand the accuracy part makes sense, like the strike zones in baseball and everything like that, but there's something about humans doing it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's it's difficult to argue that point of view than the accuracy point of view. It's very easy to make that case. But I hate what you get at the end though, might be a product that's not nearly so compelling.
Speaker 3: Well, i'd bitch. I've been bitching out replays for years because it just slows down the game so much and take to me, it takes the fun out of it. But people always hardcore sports, for hard core sports fans always make the most important thing is getting it right. I think the most important thing is being entertained, and.
Speaker 1: Touch basketball is we're all sufferable, we're excited.
Speaker 3: Touchdown it said, Nope, not flag on the field. Okay. Then we sit down in our seats and eight minutes later they say it has been ruled a touchdown. Okay, yay.
Speaker 1: Car said all scoring plays must be reviewed in New York. So when I sit here padding and talking about what a nice catch that was until we get word on whether you should shout and wave your arms in the air or not.
Speaker 3: And I don't feel like it's changed that much anyway, I do. I don't feel like it's lessened the arguments over that's as much anyway.
Speaker 1: You know, you're right. Yeah, so you've opted for scientific accuracy and it's satisfied practically no one.
Speaker 3: But it takes longer and slows down the game.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of scientific accuracy, before we get into clips of the week, which we will on a second or two, I was reading the rest of the second Wall Street Journal piece about the Climate change EPA report, and that was written by a couple of limp wristed, low testosterone male fellows reporters for the Wall Street Journal and it was repeating all the cliches and canards of the pro the Greta Tuneberg crowd that all sciences agreed on climate change. It's all human caused, and unless we all buy an electric car but not a Tesla, the polar bears will be boiling in the oceans by the end of the week.
Speaker 3: I love the taste of boiled polar beard falls right up the bone, you know, it keeps it tender.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what was that? Where was I? Oh? And it was interesting to read how often they appear they made the appeal to experts. They said, Experts, on the other hand, say the scientific consensus is ironclad and blah blah blah. And I was remembered, reminded of one of the great pieces of shorthand that I've learned in the last I don't know how many months. And that's somebody pointed out, experts are almost one hundred percent quote unquote experts almost one hundred percent academics. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was a Wall Street journal that figured that out, And that's it changed my view of it for the rest of my life. When I hear experts.
Speaker 1: Academics are virtually one hundred percent yes.
Speaker 3: When they say an expert, that means they went to the local university and talked to an expert in that field. And what are their politics likely? You know what that is right?
Speaker 1: Overwhelmingly so, so that word now experts is loaded as I will be as soon as we get off work. Anyway, it's the Friday tradition. It's time to take fun look back at the week there was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 2: There's too much going on in this country.
Speaker 1: As people's do process rights and put up the speech rights, and secret police are running around this country.
Speaker 3: I should be working right now instead, I'm probably nine at the gym.
Speaker 1: What he really should have been talking about is I wonder if this will help me win back faink thing, because that's actually more believable. Recently I made the decision that I just for now, I don't want to go back in the system. I think it's broken. Quoted showing people attacking a man who has shoved to the ground and kicked several times.
Speaker 3: I terrifying you drug trying to sweeping our streets. It's called seven hydroxy, but someone calling it gas stationed heroin.
Speaker 1: A woman confronts a man at a Barnes and Noble for getting uncomfortably close, seeming to sniff her. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: And the vision that we've put forward, despite what others may say, is not to defund the police. That is, in fact, to allow those officers to respond to the serious crimes.
Speaker 4: I came out of that book of the Vietnam that in aged ten years or two hundred pages.
Speaker 1: What the oh my, oh my god.
Speaker 3: He stole people that work for me. I said, don't ever do that again.
Speaker 1: He did it again, and I threw him out of the place. I think you worked in the spot.
Speaker 3: I think so, seeing heer.
Speaker 1: Katy Perry was spotted on a date with Canada's former Prime minister, Justin Trudeau. I know who knew she was a lesbian. It's the girl for sure. James are passed on from parents to offspring, often determining traits like her color, personality, and even eye color. Sidney Sweeney has great geenes. The pun good geens activates troubling historical associations. You don't get to.
Speaker 4: Drop lines about inherited traits blue eyes and great genes while zooming in on somebody that could have walked straight off of a Nazi propaganda poster clips.
Speaker 1: Saying wow.
Speaker 3: And then a cow sound.
Speaker 1: I am gratified and relieved that the reaction in that hole, someone who walks straight off a Nazi recruiting poster is mostly being greeted with hoots of derision, which it should have been all along, who tents sort of thing?
Speaker 3: While the Dow is down over seven hundred points. Oh now, this is a fair headline as investors digest hiring slowdown and new Year's tariffs.
Speaker 1: Y have both and.
Speaker 3: Who knows what percentage of which are The market doesn't like uncertainty.
Speaker 1: Joe, No, it doesn't, hates it. I hate to.
Speaker 3: Bring this up on a Friday. This is a horrible story, but we haven't mentioned it yet today. How about the roughly at least fifty people killed in an ISIS linked attack on a Christian church in Africa yesterday? That gets some zero news coverage.
Speaker 1: There were over a thousand of those poor folks slaughtered in Syria for their religion and their tribe by Islamists and that got zero attention. You're concerned about genocides and cruelty, no, nothing selectively crick. Yeah, the Drus, I'm sorry their name escaped me. Momentarily.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, I get depressed about reading history when I come across stuff that is true but nobody knows, and it makes me wonder, why do we even bother? Why do we even bother pretending there's such thing is history, because we kind of just choose, I mean, like we're even doing currently which things were outraged about and what things aren't. And that happens long form with history. All kinds of things get lost to history, and it makes me wonder, I'm not sure what the point is. I mean, I can study things that are written, but there are all kinds of things that I'll use an example, I had never come across this before in my life. We're coming up on the anniversary of dropping the bomb on Japan, and that's going to be a reopen that discussion again in the eighty year anniversary. The seventy five year anniversary was in obviously five years ago, summer of twenty twenty. We were deep in COVID, so we were so busy with all that going on, it didn't really get to do it should have gotten and I think it's going to be this time around. And you know, in the modern era, a lot of people try to make the argument all the time that we cruel cruelly dropped the bomb on the poor Japanese who were just on the Verger surrendering and all that's bs and we'll talk about that in a couple of weeks on the anniversary. But I'd never come across this. So Russia got involved on the eighth of August. If you know your history, we dropped the first bomb on the sixth, the second bomb on the ninth. Russia realized, uh, oh, war's about over. If we want to get in on this part of the world, we better jump in now. So they got involved on the eighth and invaded parts of Manchuria and various areas that had been held by the Japanese. The Japanese were slaughtering people by the thousands a day and other places not Japan, and that ended with the bombing also, but that never gets mentioned. The Russians took captive so many Japanese soldiers and just Japanese citizens. They killed multiples more Japanese in the weeks after the bombings. Then we killed with the bomb. I wasn't aware of that, by starving them to death or just shooting them or whatever. In the way that the Russians do. Wow, multiples more than we killed with the bombs were killed by the Russians days later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you can't. Don't. I don't think most people fully appreciate, maybe even I don't the extent to which self hatred or hatred of your own country is completely required among progressives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a deal breaker.
Speaker 1: If you don't express loathing of your country and the willingness, the enthusiasm for picking out any sin, real or imagined and ignoring anybody else's, you can't be in the club at all. And so they that's why they're so selective. I don't get it. I can reckon with the sins of America and the triumphs, what a wonderful country we are, and what mistakes we've made. It doesn't bother me. We're human beings, human beings screw everything up. It's what we do.
Speaker 3: And reach the end spot where we're still the best country on earth given our power, and maybe, quite possibly Charles C. W. Cook writes about this all the time, most likely the best country that has ever existed, given the power to do what we could do that we don't do, which is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try to take over the world. You remember that when we had that montage of wolf Blitzer saying good thinger a bad thing, good thing or a bad thing, good thing or bad thing, because that was always his go to. And unless you're talking about wanton murder or falling in love with your soulmate, most things are kind of a mix.
Speaker 3: So falling in love with your soul mate, good thing, a bad thing. Yeah it's a pretty good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's a good I'll give you that. All the United States of America unequivocally a good thing with some bad stuff mixing. I said good tunger a bad tack. I said good thinger a bad tack. You can't elaborate. And that's the way a lot of people look at the world. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Well, my final on this because just what you mentioned, it's weird to me that there's a I know some people like this, some people that their politics are progressive. They seem to get some pleasure out of talking about anything bad or wrong the United States has ever done. And that strikes me as so odd. Why do you get enjoyment out of that? What's that weird? Self hating? It makes me feel so good to talk about slavery or bombing Japanese or huh.
Speaker 1: It's because they know that's what they're supposed to do and they will get social approval by doing that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's the social approval that makes them feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they've become convinced that that is a show of their own excellent morality.
Speaker 3: Because that's weird to me. All Right, we got more on the way. If you have a thought on that text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 1: You might know him as the other JT, the Principop former in sync superstar Justin timber Like fans have been noticing that he has been seeming a little low energy.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all we need out of that. Justin Tibberlake has a lime disease. But Jake Tapper saying you might know him as the other JT Justin Tibberlake. And what did you just say that with a straight face?
Speaker 4: Is that to bring this back, to bring this back from yesterday?
Speaker 1: What a douche canoe? You know what I'm saying? An odd craft really? Okay, so a couple of notes of no great significance, but are amusing the UN Climate Change Conference back to the Climate is coming up soon in Brazil, and this is the same conference that they bulldozed like twenty five thousand acres of rain forest to expand the road. Well, they also have a real hotel room crunch and so Brazil's Love Motels, that's in quotes, that's what they're known as, known for dance poles and leopard print walls, are preparing to house attendees of this year's You Tell Climate Change. What's a love Motel? I'm glad you asked, Jack. The erotic motels normally reserved for quote lunch hour trysts, clandestine affairs, and passion struck lovers seeking a few hours of privacy away from cramped family homes, are now getting ready for hosting quote diplomats and climate scientists, civil servants and environmental activists. They had November. According to The New York Times, their culture they have.
Speaker 3: I mean, we all know the crappy hourly hotels exist in the bad part of town. Most of us have only heard about them. We don't ever see them. But they have, Like that's more common. It sounds like it's more a common cultural thing to have a hotel that's set aside for.
Speaker 1: Again, Yeah. And one interesting aspect of this I just read it, but it's easy to let go by, is that they're known for seeking a few hours of privacy away from cramped family homes. And if you've ever seen some of the lower class neighborhoods in Brazil, they're they're very, very tiny homes, all jammed together in a big jumble.
Speaker 3: Plus, I understand multiculture, multicultural, multi generational living is much more common in that culture, where you know, grandma and grandpa and the grandkids or whoever in the same house. So yeah, the chance to have a little alone time might be few and far between. So having a hotel where you could go get a room seems like a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so they're going to convert a lot of these love hotel rooms. You know, go ahead and scrub it down twice. I'll pay extra for the climate change conference.
Speaker 3: So you find love making disgusting and dirty, that's interesting, tell us more about that.
Speaker 1: Only if you do it right. Local officials face scrutiny early this year for paving over tens of thousands of acres have protected Amazon rainforest, or for us to build a four lane highway aimed at easing traffic to the conference. Last year's conference also made headlines when a beer rude from recycled toilet water became a hit among its en des.
Speaker 3: All right, everything's recycled toilet water. Every drop of water you ever drink is recycled. It's whale P dinosaur P. I do have a beef with the hotel industry. I've come up across this several times in my life. I don't understand why the economics don't work for being able to use a hotel between like eleven o'clock and three o'clock during the day. How is it better for the hotels to have it completely empty where I can't say, you know, I'll give you a hundred bucks if I can be there from eleven to two because of my schedule, as I could sleep, you're better off having it empty, costs that much to clean it or what.
Speaker 1: I don't know. A lot of cities have laws against that. Well, they're not used as brosseels. Oh that's what does Well, we got to change his own. I just said, there's a new thing called Daho Hotel past thing that's starting to catch on hotels that are trying to get around that where you can like get it for half the day or whatever, or do reduced rate because it's just sitting there and making nobody any money. I didn't get to the best quote in this art.
Speaker 3: Oh well that's next.
Speaker 1: They ruined it. Armstrong and Getty. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Sketchers just released a new line of kids shoes that have a hidden air tag compartment under the insol.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're also offering them to grandparents who wander off of them.
Speaker 1: All Grandpa's over by the Pande Express.
Speaker 3: So well, that's pretty interesting. You put an air tag in your kids the tongue of your kid's shoe and track them. I guess like a beast. Your kids get very old at all. They either have a watch or a phone you're tracking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So we're talking about these love hotels in Brazil that are going to be converted to regular hotels for the big Giant Climate Conference. A couple of the quotes that I found delicious, we didn't have time for them because Jack interjected a real life relevant aspect to the story. Very rude, said Ricardo to Chera, who manages two such motels. Quote. People think it's like a brothel, but it's just a space like any other Right, he's not sure if he will stop offering sex toy rentals in the room.
Speaker 3: Okay, that seems more brothel adjacent. Oh a rental.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I've heard if it flies or floats, you're better off renting it. Certainly, if it you know, fill in the blank, I'd go ahead and buy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just be sure of everything anyway. I don't want to go too far down that road. And then my favorite quote you're on. Costa, the owner of Motel Secretou, said he is quote taking out anything too erotic from the rooms. But I have to think about what comes after the summit. I can't just a ton of money and tear everything out. As Costa took the New York Times Reporter on the tour of the motel, the two heard quote loud moans this might be a bit awkward. Costa said, there's love making going on.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I love that so much, but I do.
Speaker 3: I do like when industries get disrupted with a brand new idea. And that's what I was talking about this last segment. You know, like taxis were the same thing forever, then all of a sudden, because of app technology. It just completely blow up the whole industry. And then the idea of like you got a nice house and you're on vacation, why not rent it out for the whole time you're gone to somebody who might want to be in your area. I mean, that is a obvious, obvious once it happens sort of idea. And there's this thing that's starting I hope catches on with hotels where we're making no money a lot of times because there's no reason, no, somebody doesn't want to stay the whole night, and then nobody's in here between like ten and three or ten and four whatever, every single day we're getting nothing where people can just buy a chunk of the day for a napper. I suppose there's kind of twists or whatever, but for whatever your situation is. And hotels are starting to do that or their spot. So you got a nice hotel, you got your pool area, you got your gym, whatever, there's nobody in it on a Tuesday at two o'clock. You're making nothing. And now you can buy these like day passes where you can go do that for less money, but they make some money. And I'll bet that industry a year from now, two years from now looks completely different. Wow, where you can go to your local you're nearby hotel, nice decent hotel and sleep for a couple hours, workout if you want for a reasonable price, instead of it nobody making any money and nobody being able to use it.
Speaker 1: People who are devotees, they're enamored with the central control, government control. I don't get you. The free market is so exciting and so much fun and so clever. Americans are incredibly ingenious people. We come up with all sorts of crazy ideas. The ones that aren't good they go away. Oh, the need for control, I just don't get it this.
Speaker 3: Did you have something you want to get into here?
Speaker 1: I did, But god I do. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I was going to talk about this article in Fortune magazine. The AI boom is now bigger than the nineties dot com bubble, which is legendary and discussed as you know, a major moment in time in all kinds of different ways. And it's built on the backs of bots, mostly which I don't think most of us know. Many of us have had this situation where you think maybe you're chatting with somebody real like helping you on a website or whatever. Then you finally figure out it's not real. It's not a real human being. That is happening more and more, and they're going to get better and harder to suss out than they've ever been before. But the majority of traffic out there, at least according to Hanson who actually read this thing, is that there are more bots out there there than not.
Speaker 1: When you're so the majority of its bots, Yeah, I always assume I'm talking to a bot, you do. Yeah, boy.
Speaker 3: I had a good one last night. And I don't know if this counts as that sort of thing, but I got a phone call from and it said spam risk on there. It was a local area code, but not a number I know. And I answered it and it was a very convincing real person in the beginning, Hey Jack, how's it going? And I said pretty good. Hey, I just got a question for you about your uh, your checking account. I said, okay, cool, what what are you calling about? And they said, oh, it's that thing with you, and then it just it was vague enough it became clear that and then I tried to interrupt once and it kept talking, Oh, you're not a real person, but it was really good.
Speaker 1: It took me.
Speaker 3: Several sentences in before I figured out it wasn't a real human being. And you know it's going to be way better two years from now, Yes, Katie.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: I think part of what this study is referring to also is like you can purchase followers, right so Instagram, Twitter.
Speaker 1: If you go to somebody who.
Speaker 4: Has like a page that might have fifty thousand followers to it, but every one of their posts gets like twelve likes, you know they bought their followers, and you can buy them, buy the hundreds of.
Speaker 3: Thousands really and oh yeah, is it pretty cheap?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, super cheap.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The problem is we all know what the spam phone calls and emails and all that sort of stuff is. It costs them nothing. It's not like the old days where it costs you something to send you a an AD in the mailbox. So the the incentive didn't work to send out a million flyers into mailboxes if you weren't going to get in responses. That's not true with these robo calls and emails everything like that. It costs them nothing to send out a billion every second, and if you get one response, it's a profit. Don't know how we're ever gonna.
Speaker 1: Get past that. Yeah, I don't. Yeah, I don't know speaking of that sort of thing. I was just I saw the headline yesterday, big text, four hundred billion dollar AI spending spree. You just got Wall Street's blessing. It's about Microsoft and Meta and Google and Amazon and x and everybody's spending like lunatics on AI. And speaking of the dot com bubble, Okay, well, what does what does Wall Street think of the companies that they're invested in spending that wildly on AI? And the story was, well, yeah, it's it's going up. Everybody seems to think it's fine, the stock is going up, and got Wall Street's thumbs up. But then today I'm looking at stocks and you know, Apple is down, going on two and a half percent, and Tesla's down, Google's down, everything's down.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't, Well I don't respond to one day.
Speaker 1: Well, no, neither do I. That's that's kind of the point. The Nasdaq as a whole is down almost two percent, So yeah, I don't. It's difficult to draw that sort of conclusion, but yeah, they are spending abstounding amounts of money on developing AI technology.
Speaker 3: Somebody was making the point yesterday about the this was the whole If the tariffs are going to cause such disruption, why are we setting records in the stock market every single day? And somebody broke it down on and this has been true for a long time now, that the stock market, specifically the Dow, but the stock market is driven so much by Nvidia and Apple and a couple other companies that it kind of distorts a lot of other companies that haven't been doing that well. Right, And you just if you're just kind of like barely paying attention like me, you just hear the stock market saying a record. But if it's all tech stocks betting on AI, you don't know. And Apple said the tariff situation they think going to cost him well over a billion dollars this next quarter. How that gets passed through the bloodstream, I don't know.
Speaker 1: One more tech story that I thought was interesting. Autonomous trucks are now driving the highways of Texas at night, hauling food and dairy between Dallas and Houston. It's big step. Waimo has been driving driver less robotaxis around like San Francisco in LA but autonomous trucks have been stuck mainly to some experiments, daytime hours and good weather. But now this company, Aurora Innovation that's the startup behind the trucks in Texas, said it's reached a new milestone with its lidar system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what they got in the new Tesla is the lidar as opposed to be whatever the old.
Speaker 1: System was, and Aurora says its system is now able in the dark. Totech objects further than the length of three football fields, enabling the vehicle to identify pedestrians, other vehicles are debris on the road about eleven seconds, sooner than a human driver eleven seconds. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Darren over in sales. He's got one of the new Tesla Whyse and I've got the cyber truck that has the light. Are also the current automated driving thing. And I've been doing it for four years now, three years now. It's night and day better it is. It is shockingly good. He was talking about how it makes moves sometimes that are better than he would have done because you can't see where it can see. I mean it's seeing things you can't see what the light are, so makes traffic choices you wouldn't make because it knows there's there's a It seems like you should switch to the right lane to go around, but it sees that you're better off sting in the left lane because it can see things you can't see.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd love to know more about it how that works. I believe you, Mike.
Speaker 3: Mike, my cyber truck did a merging thing yesterday that was shockingly good. I mean, a very complex maneuver. I thought, wow, that is something else.
Speaker 1: Yes, Katie, what would.
Speaker 4: Be really amazing if during the winter, if it can detect like black ice or something like that, to find that in the land, because that's a huge problem.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I don't know how they're going to handle that. Although human being's ability to drive on black ice is not very good.
Speaker 4: So all the carcan detect that the road texture is changing.
Speaker 3: Sure, that would be a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, knowing it's there is the key. So how long before like ninety percent of America's truck drivers are unemployed?
Speaker 3: I wonder I heard the stat on how how many jobs are driver related. It's a really big number. I think it's like ten percent of all workers have a driving aspect. To it and if that gets taken away, yeah, that'll be a huge disruption.
Speaker 1: Coming up. A sad story inside the Corporation for Public Broadcasting board meeting after the big vote to rescind their funding.
Speaker 3: I am going to really enjoyable. Do I get to drink some liberal tears here?
Speaker 1: You are going to be lapping them up like a thirsty hound dog.
Speaker 3: Jack. It's actually kind of gross when you take it that far. Okay. We got that next day briefly because I don't want to get into this can of worms. We got a ridiculous number of texts about Lydar in Tesla's and automatic driving cars that that Tesla does not use lightar and Elon musk Head fairly famously. If you're into the sort of thing, and none of you are, said, Lydar is a fool's air, And several years ago then did a U turn into start putting Ldar in his newest cars, but only as a backup to the cameras or something or other, whatever the hell, and I don't care it. Also, y'all argue with yourself about that.
Speaker 1: Lydar reminds me of the liger. That's my favorite animal.
Speaker 3: This is interesting, though, Lightar is a way to like help self driving cars. The price dropped in a couple of years from roughly one hundred thousand dollars per unit that it would cost to if you want to light art, to a thousand. That's how much how much cheaper the technology got in a fast amount of time.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, I know crazy. In a completely unrelated story, and multiple officials at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting wept during a board meeting last week, and the agency's president recited lines from a Shakespeare tragedy, all in an outpouring of emotion and drama over the Congress's vote to cancel the organization's budget fund NPR and other public media outlets because of its overwhelming insufferable liberal bias. CBPCPB president Pat Harrison and the organizations for board members took part in a board meeting. Harrison acknowledged bias at CPB, which she has overseen for twenty years. Quote is there bias? In an audio recording of the meeting. Sure, we're not perfect, but we are working on that. No give me, adding that the leftward slant of public media is quote not a legitimate reason to shut down everything. That's funny that contradicts claims from Democrats and the NPR Chief executive Catherine Mayer, who infamously told Congress in March that a sometimes the truth gets in the way of the things we need to do and said I have never seen political bias at NPR.
Speaker 3: You don't need to go into those quotes. It contradicts my earballs, It contradicts everybody's earballs. Whoever listens to NPR this morning, I speaking of my cyber truck. I threw up in my car, in my trucks when I got to clean it up. It's been sitting in the hot sun, probably grows. When I heard an ad they keep running on NPR about how great they are and they're going to tough it out during these difficult times since Trump pulled the funding on NPR, and one of them said it was some caller saying, keep speaking truth to power. We will, Jim, we will. And that's when I vomited all over the inside of my cyber truck.
Speaker 1: The rest of the board meeting was a sombra affair, with Harrison and several board members breaking into tears while discussing the funding cuts, which they cast as an existential crisis for American democracy. Never in fifty eight years and the operations as CPB in our public media system been so maligned attacked, said a bored person reappointed by Joe Biden in twenty twenty two. It's a terrible miscarriage. Harrison grew emotional during her remarks, which she ended by reading a speech from the Shakespeare tragedy Henry the Fifth, given on the eve of the King's battle against the French army at the Battle of AJung.
Speaker 3: Could the Saint Crispin Day speech.
Speaker 1: With apologies to Shakespeare and King Henry the Fifth, whose ragtag army was outnumbered by the French at the Bottle of Ajuncorps. But despite those went on to win against those odds and hold their on her cheap. There weren't just like them. Everybody will wish they were with us fighting today, aimed for that win for public media, and then they compared themselves to Russell Crowe and Master and commander. But we're out of time.
Speaker 3: Hey kids, it's that time again with Armstrong Ngetdy. Here's your host for final thought, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Michael An's low in the control room, Lead us away, lead us off. Michael Well, PBS needs money, so get ready for a lot of pledge breaks. So a lot of Lawrence Welke and Bob Ross and begging for money. So hope you like the tote bags and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Hope space in your closet for tote bags.
Speaker 1: Peter, Paul and Mary from nineteen eighty six. We'll get back right after a quick word from our local celebrity, Katie Greener, a steam Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 4: Speaking of tote bags, if you guys use the reusable.
Speaker 1: Grocery bags, clean them out.
Speaker 4: Take a wipe, clean out the inside.
Speaker 1: Of the bag. It'll save your groceries and it'll save your checker.
Speaker 3: Just do it, so criss Jack of final thought, I used to have the entire Saint Chrispin's Day speech memorized from Henry the Fifth and Englishman Now a bed will hold their lives cheap. That they were not here with us to give that speech about NPR not getting taxpayer money to be a progressive outlet for their news is hilarious.
Speaker 1: My final thought. The captain of the ship, they're under heavy fire in Master and Commander there's a little boy, a little midshipman, and he tucks down, and the captain played by Russell Krowe, he reaches over the little boy and he says, stand tall on the quarterdecks, all of us. That's what I'm gonna think about you, Pat continued Rothmann.
Speaker 3: You've stood tall at the quarterdeck under heavy and unfair fire. You people are insane, actually crazy. See him Monday. God bless America.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty. We're very proud to have entertained you.
Speaker 3: This week on the Armstrong and Getty. But right now it's time to go.
Speaker 1: We return same time next week with another stunning show with moments like this that you show. No the olive oil and Rosemary trisk it for the sophisticated non child palette.
Speaker 3: It is crap.
Speaker 1: If you have to dress it up that much, well go eat an oreo sister shred on that notes. Thank you very much, very much. I'm strong and gay, strong, and Gandy strong and gany