Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joke.
Speaker 2: Kaddy Armstrong and Jackie and Key arms Range, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite comment, my favorite jokey comment on Twitter.
Speaker 3: I can't believe the United States is about to invade Gaza, but our government has zero dollars to put any transgender musicals there.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Wow, love, that's good. I know, live from studio scene, see save your dimly lit room be put in the bowels of the Armstrong in getting communications compounds, they were in the two ledge our general manager Cooh, my real estate agent. We are this close to getting me a beautiful beach front estate in Gaza, and I'm really excited about it. Wow. Just beautiful views and everything. There's a bit of a rubble we're just working through. Who's going to clear the rubble? But it is exciting. Here's my favorite.
Speaker 3: I don't even know who this person is, but here's my favorite comment that I can't believe is not.
Speaker 1: Before we go much further, there probably are people who had busy evenings, they have lives.
Speaker 3: You're listening to it and you haven't heard I can't. I don't have time for people like you. You've got to stay in two. You got to stay plugged in. Stay plugged in people. You need to be on your phone all the time. You need to sleep with your phone in your hand. Maybe set your alarm, wake up every hour and check what the latest Twitter threat is.
Speaker 1: Go to trending, folks. He's insane, he's a monster. Imagine working with him. See if you can pick up from the context what we're talking about. If you don't know yet, it'll be fun to play along it.
Speaker 3: So I like this, and I'm amazed that this isn't happening, having watched Fox this morning where they're chuckling NonStop, and watching MSNBC where they're practically crying. I mean, we're back to the old days of you take him literally but not seriously, or seriously but not literally. I mean, we're one hundred percent there. But anyway, this person I don't know who they are, but I thought this was really good. I generally don't understand how you don't all understand this yet. He makes an enormous ask or takes an enormous shocking position, the negotiates down to a moderate total victory. Gets everything he wants and keeps doing it, and everybody keeps freaking out.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming we'll find out what the Gaza things all about in the next twenty four hours or so. Reacting to the first gesture and some kind of deal we clearly know nothing about, would be pretty silly. Given this is like our fifth or sixth rodeo since last Monday. That's well crafted. Yeah, this is our fifth or sixth rodeo since last Monday. Is exactly right the present and having in an offhand manner at a press conference said we ought to take over the Gaza Strip, us ought to run the place. Everybody's freaking out in the manner described here's my prediction. And I will bet you remember how I bet my thumbs to Ian Bremmer in one but he did not. I can't remember what he was going to pay off and he never did. The chiseler. Anyway, I will bet my left arm that in roughly five years it'll go something like this. This is a reverse Gladys, this is into the future. Hey, you remember when Trump said that we ought to like take over the Gaza Strip. Oh, right, at the press conference. That's right, hilarious.
Speaker 3: Well, I commented on this one at the time. This was back when he was running. In twenty fifteen, he made an announcement at one of his stops to boycott Apple, which at that point was the most valuable company in the world, obviously an American company, and he said, We're going to buy everyone, to boycott Apple. It barely made the news. It was never mentioned again. I mean, that would be an enormous deal, obviously.
Speaker 1: Oh shock.
Speaker 3: You go back years earlier, the candidate for one of the major parties announcing that. You know, if Carter had said boycott GM I want all Democrats, that would have been the biggest news story in America.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. And to make grand pronouncements like this is so strange, and so I'll just say a typical of any other president. On the other hand, I've been doing a bit of reading about the Panama Canal situation and the idea that we're going to retake the canal if necessary by force. It's just a crazy thing to say in the context of like every other president. But there are serious issues about Chinese incursion into places and things where they could have shut down the canal, they could run the canal, and the way it kind of got there inch by inch by inch. I mean, it's the boiling frog in terms of the Chinese control of the canal, and it was to a point that was completely unacceptable. And you know, the more I learn about it, the more I'm convinced of that. And Trump went in with his big We're just going to take it over, and even I said that would be like a decade long guerrilla war. We don't want that. But no, he's just making the point very very strongly to the Panamanians. Hey, look, this has gone way too far. We need to talk seriously, and we did, and it's moving in a great direction.
Speaker 3: So uh, I was reading my favorite political newsletter today in which she pointed out that Trump made all kinds of news yesterday other than this that is getting obliterated. He did his thing where he signs executive orders and takes questions and just rambles while he does it and says things, and as the newsletter said, he answered more questions yesterday than Joe Biden did in six months.
Speaker 1: It's no credit for that. But he mentioned that.
Speaker 3: He has a standing order that he signed that if he is assassinated by Iran, we will obliterate the country.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that'd make the news. I mean, that's kind of a thing to say. It might be the Trump post mortem dead hand eating it's he's known. Yeah, yes, yeah, I know I reacted to that, right. You react to it initially with your uh normal president, Oh my god? What then you're oh, that's right? Is Trump okay? All right? Yeah, I get it anyway, So he's just trying to tell him it would be a very very bad idea. Right. So what do you think of the whole.
Speaker 3: Uh mainstream media freaking out about all these things.
Speaker 1: I think it's genuine to a certain extent.
Speaker 3: There's also you know, they're trying to get ratings, and their viewers want to freak out. They want to get up every day and say, oh my god, what did he do today? I know I personally have no people like that. First first Trump term. That was like, they get up every day, what did he do?
Speaker 1: Now? It was just part of their life. It gave him energy. Yeah, absolutely true. Yeah, it reinforced their tribal loyalties and enthusiasms. So the media complained to that, but they seem to be completely serious about it. Yeah, they do. I think partly we're gonna have a US troops in Gaza holding that land. Not a freaking chance. Probably right after the Super Bowl, but they talked about it for a full half hour on the MSNBC show.
Speaker 3: I was watching last night what it would be like having troops there and how difficult that would be, And.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? He is the only thing keeping those stations alive. I suppose I should throw this in.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, I suppose it's not crazy if the President of the United States said something to take him at his word exactly, which brings me, brings us to.
Speaker 1: The point I wanted to make, and I sympathize somewhat with with like straight meat guys reporters, I as a something quasi commentator, humorist, I can get over this a lot more easily than they can. The idea that, oh, we have a president who says crazy stuff that we don't need to take seriously or literally, We just need to take it directionally. That's very hard for journalists to do because they have been trained, they have lived their entire lives to not only take presidents of the United States quite literally, but to look for hints and words, be to behind the words you know, the reading between the lines and then taking those tiny little hints completely seriously. It's the opposite. It's like you go from being nearsighted to far sided with Trump. They got to say, all right, he's talking about taking over Gaza. Of course nobody could. Nobody would want to do that. That's ridiculous, and relocating all the Palestinians would never happen, none of the countries around there. So Trump, it's either wildly ignorant of the situation. It's given the work on the Abraham Accords that kind of doubt, although he does have huge blind spots. But so he's either wildly insanely ignorant, or he's sending a signal of which way stuff ought to go. I'll tell you what the signal is.
Speaker 3: I think, to be perfectly serious for a moment, I think the signal is to hey, Egypt, Hey Jordan, Hey other countries around there. You need to start helping on this situation and being willing to take in Palestinians, or I'm going to make a mess for you. Because that has been the underreported story of the entire Palestinian thing, going back to when I was a tiny kid. Is the media never talks about how, hey there's a bunch of Arab countries around there.
Speaker 1: They don't love Pala countries, Muslim countries around there. They don't let Palestinians in. They have a couple of times, and it's caused revolution and death and blood in their countries. As one of the points I was going to make later, but let's make it no is you know what the problem is with the Palestinian territories, the Palestinians and their leadership and their ninth century Islam and their hatred of Jews. That's the issue. You get rid of that. They live in peace, harmony and wealth, wealth folks, not just no bombs falling on their heads. Wealth. If they could forget about their Mohammed directed loathing of the Jews, they'd be great. Back to the funny part. So when watching Benjamin Netanyahu stand there, I have no idea how much of that he was giving a heads up on or not, but I mean he was standing there at that press conference next to Trump when Trump's so Uncomfortab drops the United States is gonna take over Gaza and yeah, we'll send troops if we have to.
Speaker 3: Where the Palastini is gonna go I don't know, somewhere else, we'll we'll find him another spottle In and benjama I was just smiling and got of nodding along.
Speaker 1: And then when he gets asked questions he says things like, you know, Trump mixes things up and uh, you know, yeah, you have to consider these things. I mean, he allows an opportunity to think about things or phrases like that. On that score, I have the official White House statement on the proposal and all the people praising it. It is strange and hilarious. They're taking it serious, literally seriously while trolling everybody half serious. It's it's we're through the looking glass of presidential communications here. Yeah, it's seems like it.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you watch the news last night in this morning, it seems like a really big news cycle.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is. I mean it really it's it's it's uh, it's just another step in the whole world to a new world. Or Trump's a new guy that just a new way to follow things where he says wild things but he means something else. Just yeah, it's akin to And I was just reading about how the administration's doing wonderful things planning on doing just awe inspiring stuff on school choice. That just gladdens my heart. For all all of his flaws, the other guys weren't doing this. It's as if Trump said, We're gonna fire every school teacher in America. That's the only way to clean out the system. That's the way to start fresh with government schools. We're gonna fire every teacher in America. That is a signal. You beaches think I'm playing. You think I'm Bush over here. You think he Jeff I'm not Joe Bucha I am. You think I'm playing about reforming schools. He here's a little shot across your bow.
Speaker 3: Let's start to show officially we're running out of time. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty with a funny clip from the press conference. Yes today, Uh where Armstrong and Giddy?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: It's Wednesday, February fifty or twenty twenty five. We're Armstrong in Getty and we approve of this program.
Speaker 1: When Mike Gasa House is built, I'm gonna learn to surf. I'm just decided New Year's resolution. All right, here we go officially according to FCC rules regulations at Mark Honey comment about and what's your future plan for I have a little hard time understanding Q. Where are you from?
Speaker 2: Actually it's a beautiful voice and a beautiful accent.
Speaker 1: The only problem is I can't understand the word you're saying. But I just say this, good luck, living piece. Go ahead, this you go. I can't understand you, but good luck, good luck, living piece. What's hilarious? Yeah, I have a lovely voice, but I can't understand you, so I can't understand it works good say. I kind of deal with that that way myself. How does mailbag look? It's too bad too, because it was a great question, but it's outstanding. We may have to squeeze it in later. Oh boy, jeeze, things are already out of control. Six pound shoe, a five pound bag. Stay tuned, getty. Oh thank god. The US Postal.
Speaker 3: Service just said it will resume accepting parcels from China.
Speaker 1: If you got that alert yesterday last.
Speaker 3: Night that they canceled and I had, I got a bunch of Fortune cookies on the way and I need them.
Speaker 1: What was that like twelve hours? Yeah, policy existed. Yeah, I know. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. Our series on change, Victor Hugo. Change your opinions, keep to your principles, change your leaves, keep intact your.
Speaker 3: Roots, change your leaves, keep intact your roots. In metaphor from a writer, Yeah, old Victor.
Speaker 1: Hugo knew his way around a sentence. Ehh, that's a thought provoking one. That's why I liked it so much. Change your opinions, but keep to your principles that does exist. Change your leaves, keep intact your roots. Think about it. Mail bag woo, let's see drops a note mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. This is from John with no age. Sorry they got to you. Your tortured in our two of Today's show Yesterday is funny and a little sad. He's talking about when I was discussing the gender bending Madness movie Emilia Perez. Oh more news on that. Yeah, I saw that Hollywood has beclowned itself beyond all the clown mins. This is a beautiful thing anyway, But he says it was funny and a little sad. Not long ago, you had vowed many times not to call a man or woman. I guess someone had big enough leverage to drag that out of you. Whatendolences? Oh, I love it when listeners try to shame us. First of all, unless that was tongue in cheek, I really don't like you and we can never be friends. Low level trolling. I think so too. The problem I ran to us I was trying to describe who was doing what in a scene involving bunch of transgender people, and I was trying to get it through my head. This will be completely unfollowable no matter how I discribe it. Anyway. Moving along, David on the topic of China taking over the United States. She is really gonna be disappointed when he takes over the US and enslaves the Americans and finds out they won't do farm labor, clean motel rooms, or work in slaughterhouses. It's just too beneath them. Yeah, I'm sorry. She's in pang. We're very lazy and entitled here.
Speaker 3: But in China to take to take all the fun out of it, which is what I do. But in China they would starve you until you work, because that's the way they roll as the Communist Chinese Party exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ah, and it works. Another Jay in San Jose writes, Musk's in charge. Lol, Dems now think Musk is taking over the government from Hitler, the fascist dictator. Well wait a minute, let's count the number of dictator fascists who willingly gave up all their power. I'll wait, they wanted both ways. Maybe we can call them by democrats. I don't know. I get his point. Though, he's Hitler, he's a fascist. He's willingly giving up all of his power, and that's worse. Man. There are a bunch of stories to update you on.
Speaker 3: And then obviously we're sending our troops to Gaza to take that piece of blend as MAGA had promised, getting involved in more Middle Eastern wars.
Speaker 1: No, that's not a long, long term Yes, that was part of the promise.
Speaker 3: That's not going to happen. It'll never even come close to happening, so don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: More news on the way stay here if you miss a segment, get the podcast. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: The FBI searching this pawn shop in Manhattan's Diamond District, where they say they track some of the luxury items stolen in a rash of recent burglaries at the homes of professional athletes, including Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow. Two men are under arrest, charged with brokering the sale of watches, jewelry, and handbags that prosecutors say were stolen by South American gangs targeting athletes and other wealthy homeowners across the country for nearly five years. Authority say Dimitri Nazinski and Juan Vollar were the middlemen, buying the loot from the burglary and then selling it at their pawn shop. Officers and agents raiding the place, they say they sees dozens of high end watches and pieces.
Speaker 1: Of jewelry Gee a pawn shop that specializes in NFL Stars stuff. I hope there aren't any others, and if there are, I hope somebody will send me the address. That had to be a good store.
Speaker 3: So much thievery going on over the last couple of years by by all kinds of people, including plenty of US citizens as we made crime legal.
Speaker 1: But I've been umb because George Floyd died.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about buying the Apple Vision pro I mentioned this a while back, a couple of weeks ago, and I'm on Facebook marketplace looking for a used one. There's a high number of Apple watches, the expensive headphones that I have the Apple Vision Pro unopened in boxes for sale at Like, what is that?
Speaker 1: Are those all day? They fill off the back of a truck. What's going on there? It's got to be, doesn't it gotta be? Yeah, Apple doesn't discount like that. No, uh yeah, that's gotta be stolen stuff I want.
Speaker 3: And you know, I've I've always wondered, you know, when people clear off those shelves of stuff, whether it's an Apple store or Walgreens, where are they selling this stuff?
Speaker 1: Well? I guess some point christ Tim Cook doesn't have a team of people who just go through those ads every single day, and then a private army right of thugs that he's hired from around the globe to go in ext you know, East German Stazi or whatever, the storm into places and get their stuff back and crack some heads.
Speaker 3: You're shooting between the eyes with the Cupertino death ray.
Speaker 1: Wow, what I thought? That just ruins my battery life and kills people too. Wow. So anyway back to the idea of Venezuelan gang members perpetrating crime waves and it's not them, it's the Chileans and whatever. And as Jack makes the point, there's plenty of domesticated criminals who have been setting the message from progressives that it's fine and dandy. But if I might blow aside the smoke of the Trump Gaza stuff for the moment, and we'll go big on it next hour and play you some the tape from the press conference, because it was it was like satisfying on every level. It was are you serious and important? It was bizarre, it was hilarious, it was thought provoking. It was like a like one of those seven layer cakes. Anyway, our Secretary of State actually used the phrase. I was trying to find it to make sure I can get it wrong, but I'm pretty sure this right. He actually used the phrase make Gaza great again. Yes, yes, exactly, Marco, showing that he is fully on board with the Trump method, which I think is going to be good. I hope. Anyway, some more statements to that effect next hour as well. The White House put out pages of people, many of whose names you know, from foreign policy, senators, whatever, congressman saying this is a great idea. I love this idea, So stay tuned. But anyway, we're going to clear the smoke of that way and talk about something seriously important that is one of the many stories Jack reference that are getting covered up with the oh my god, can you believe he said that bluster, which never seems to get old on the left, and that is Trump wants to add the Mexican cartels. I always want to call them drug cartels, but they're giant criminal syndicates that do a lot of different crimes. Anyway, he wants to add them to a list of terrorist groups that include the likes of al Qaeda and Hamas the White House laid out the executive order actually last month, it's going to increase pressure on the cartels by directing more money to intelligence gathering. And departing from the text of the article here, the stuff going on in the shakeup in the CIA is really interesting too, and that the new director wants to devote significant time and energy of the CIA to penetrating the cartels. The reasoning being there a direct and imminent threat to the lives and happiness of America and its citizens. So what they're off bounds, out of bounds just because they operate in Mexico, which is putatively an ally Anyway, I think it's a great move. It could also lead the groundwork for going after cartel financiers and allied businesses, and for unilateral US military actions such as drone strikes on drug labs. According to officials and security experts, We've talked about this in the past. See when the CIA gets empowered to actually like do the taking out of the drug labs, things can get a little crazy. But I don't mind a little bit of it. But that risks straining ties with Mexico. Jack thoughts, ah good straining ties with Mexico. Whatever. The two countries are in a delicate, indelicate talks overending drug smug in migration to avoid a trade war. I don't think it's that delicate a talk from our point of view. I think Mexico's in terrible trouble. We talked about this yesterday towards the end of the show. How President Shinbaum reacted with horror? How dare you slander saying that the Mexican government is in bed with the cartels. I would say the most innocent description I can give you of the relationship, the most innocent. Now it's too innocent. I'll go aheadhead, I'll say it anyway. Mexico, legitimate Mexico is in a situation that is very much like the Israelis surrounded by Hamas and Hezbolah and other militant Palestinian and Iranian BacT factions. At times like prior to October seventh, they had this uneasy truce going on. All right, we're not going to slaughter yours. You're not going to slaughter ours. Everybody keep cool. Maybe we can live side by side. But then it always goes to blowy just because it's not a relationship that can work, and then you're back to open warfare. The difference being Gaza or I'm sorry that Gaza, Hamas and Hezbollah haven't like deeply penetrated Israeli politics and Israeli politicians and mayors and governors and maybe even up to Nettnya who himself like is happening in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Well, part of the deal Trump's deal with the to end the tariff standoff at the other day was Okay, they're gonna put ten thousand troops on the border and try to stop ventanyl from getting across. We're gonna try to help stop guns from crossing down into there.
Speaker 1: Is that a big thing?
Speaker 3: I mean, do we are there a lot of guns that go from the United States and New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Do you have any sense of that. I don't know. Oh yeah, it's huge, huge. I mean, it's just so easy to get guns here illegally and illegally, and then you just bring them across the border because, as you know, having gone for from the US to Mexico and nobody gives a crap which you bring in.
Speaker 3: To Mexico, right, I just buy man, that's a dicey job. That's a dicey way to make a living, going down there and hooking up with cartel people and selling them guns.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I would watch my whatever the Spanish word for back is at all times. But if you're providing a service, you know they'll they'll be here for your buddy for now told they're not, Yeah, no kidding, But anyway, So the beauty of this is that, especially with the help of the CIA, if you could really nail down where the money goes. I've told this story before, but got word that the CIA was on campus when I was in college and I was a I was a student of foreign governments and government systems and foreign relations and stuff like that, and I thought, Wow, the CIA. Wait a minute, maybe that's my path. And I looked into it, and they're like, only accounting majors all we want our accountants. It was like, what anyway, Ah, if you can unleash the CIA's accountants figuring out where do all the dollars flow from and to with the Mexican drug cartels and anybody who's involved with that, you are aiding and abetting a terrorist organization, and we are gonna shut you down. That has an effect. That's what I love this.
Speaker 3: That's what Jason Bateman was doing for the cartel in Ozark. He was the accountant that was figuring out a way to launder the money and hide it and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, it's all right while while trying to maintain an uneasy marriage and and his adolescent kids, who are a teenager writes a passage teenagers, Are they difficult or what? Oh? They're hard as hell. You got the cartel over here, you got your bitchy daughter over there. It's like, oh, my god, give me a break. They're so spoiled the field base, they're so entitled, right, the cartels are the kids? Do you entire the kids? Now? I gotta go deal with the cartels again, right exactly, will probably kill me soon any moment now. So anyway, that's a huge move and important move both for Mexico and the US, but it's getting over shadowed by some of the other USA We're not gonna be able to cure AIDS anymore. Yeah, I think we will. I think it'll be fine.
Speaker 3: I've mentioned no wine February that I'm trying to do. It's very very difficult, dry January, not drinking alcohol, very simple, no wine February as in w hi.
Speaker 1: Any No whining is hard for me. But I was thinking this yesterday because somebody told me about their teenagers. I think it might be better if more parents whined about their teenagers, so all the other parents are dealing with their teenagers can think, oh, okay, good, I'm not the only one because I find it relaxing when I hear some other parents talk about their teenagers. It's not whining to me. It's like, oh, thank god, my kid's not an outlier. Your kid's doing exactly the same thing I thought I had completely failed. Yes, yes, we call that sharing jack sharing good life lord. Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah. There's an empty nest version of that that would make you happy. Is there anything un planet Earth at this moment that would put a smile on your face? Because I can't imagine what it would be. No, no, no, Indeed, expressing my discontent is my rais o dietrea. The only reason I draw breath is to expel it bitching about things. That's the only reason I bother. So a quick word from our friends at Prize Picks. The big game is almost here and thank god guacamole has a tripled in price. Like old Chuck Schumer was trying to warn us, don't miss out on last football action the season. With Prize Picks souper easy. You just pick more or less and at least two player stat projections. But listen to this, they're giving you one for free. Quarterbacks just has to throw for a yard and you win. Yeah, for the big game. Patrick Mahomes only needs a one passing yard for you to win the one x square. So, uh, you need to download the Prize Picks app today to get on board. You know, you go more or less on a couple of projections and you can win money. It's really really cool.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of fun, and you know the biggest event of the Year is coming up Sunday.
Speaker 1: And it's It's easy is the thing. I used to like fantasy sports, but I didn't like like managing a team and having to study all the time like a second job. This is easy and fun. Download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code Armstrong. You get fifty dollars instantly just for playing a five dollars lineup. You don't have to win, it's automatic. You play five, they give you fifty to play around with again. Prize Picks is the app. The code is Armstrong Prize Picks. Run your game. Yeah, here's I found the tweet from Marco Ruby or a Secretary of State Gozza must be free from amas as opposed to share Today the United States sands ready to lead and make godzap beautiful again with capital letters. Okay, mam maga magabu mcbaah, make gods of beautiful again. I'll get a hat printed up today. I might actually just some people would ask make gods of beautiful again? Are you not on board? You must have voted for Kamala Harris. I admire religious conviction generally speaking, although it's undeniable. I don't quite have the fully turgid for the real estate distraction that Trump does because he sees a spin land like that and he just he's like an eighteen year old next to a beautiful woman. He just can't help himself. On the other hand, it is undeniable. It is a true fact that if you take away the nutjob brand of Islam that runs so hot through that region of the globe, the Gaza Strip would be incredibly wealthy, comfortable. The kids would be educated, the old folks would recline in their chairs at the shore, and or they'd sell their places for a zillion dollars and move somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yes, half the people you know would have vacation there at some point in their lives and talked about how wonderful it was.
Speaker 1: Oh and it'd been a torture you with their Instagram pictures of the perfect lives from Gaza. Yeah, exactly right, it'd be that kind of play. We've got Katie's headlines on the way stay here. I just realized I've got mud on my pants, which is a kind of a low rent look. You got muddy pants. A giant dog with muddy paws jumped on me. Man, I was dealing with a guy I think highly of, but he had the cracked phone glass. Yeah, I mean, like really clacked sketch. I almost told him that is the missing front tooth of the digital era, right, really is don't It's just it's it's a low class Look, what are you gonna do? Wow?
Speaker 3: You guys are hey, you see somebody crack phone and I've I've been cracked phone guy.
Speaker 1: You're like, you don't have your act together? Right then? If you got the cracked phone, now things are not going well? Yeah, exactly. All right, let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 5: Katie starting with NBC quote, deranged and problematic, bipartisan group of lawmakers bashes Trump's gaza proposal.
Speaker 3: That was our original air names. We were doing a soft a S show. Deranged and problematic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a poor match with the music. Really. Yeah. Maybe you know, as we've been discussing in will soon going crazy over Trump, is a profitable cottage industry, and I get why it endures. But in terms of if you are the sort of person who just wants to understand the exactly what's going on and where it's probably headed, Yeah, don't don't worry about the crazy stuff.
Speaker 5: For maybec Trump to sign executive order banning transgender athletes from women's sports.
Speaker 1: Love it to the extent that is possible from his seat. Love it. Yeah, So what would that cover? Can he do that for your local grade school or community colleges or what does he have the power to ban check your local listings. That's a long and complicated answer, and I could not do it accurately. He can do some stuff on the collegiate level, anything that gets federal funding. Blah blah blah from Fox News.
Speaker 5: Trump Education Department launches probe into quote explosion of anti semitism at five US universities.
Speaker 1: This is another great thing flying under the radar. We can tell you about it in detail later on in the show. But he's making the universe. Universities enforce their own standards if they're getting federal funding, because they're allowing stuff against Jews they would never allow against anybody else, and he's calling them on it.
Speaker 5: From Breitbart dot com, The Biden administration wasted two hundred and thirty six billion dollars in improper payments throughout seventy one federal.
Speaker 1: Programs in twenty twenty three h That surprise.
Speaker 5: From study fines, Daily talk time plummets three thousand words since two thousand and five as text takes over.
Speaker 1: So what was that stat What are we What are we measuring here?
Speaker 5: Daily talk time has gone down by three hundred three thousand words a day because we're texting.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: God, the other day I was texting with my oldest friend and he free of my phone rings.
Speaker 1: He said, what are we doing? You're right, how are we doing? And we just talked. It was so dumb. I mean, we were on like our fifteenth text, Like, what are we doing? That's so croaky. Yeah, call it word count, not talk time. That's just confusing.
Speaker 5: From CNN, one hundred thousand eggs were stolen from a trailer in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: How many thousand eggs? One hundred thousand? It's the new gold bars. That's a logistical nightmare. Yeah.
Speaker 5: From the Wall Street Journal, Mewing, Beta Maxing, Jigga, Chad and Battie parents are drowning in teenage new Lingo.
Speaker 1: We're gonna dive into that later on. Boy, I need help. So it's a it's a part time job, no kidding, keeping it up. We keep it up with all of it. So your meme of the day is not a meme.
Speaker 5: But if you go to Armstrong and Getty dot com and you click on my new section called Katie's Corner, I found a video of people driving by these deportation protests blasting Vanilla ICE's ice Ice baby.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I feel like you're looking for a fight, but I did laugh, I must admit, so yeah, for our country, that's right. Jeez, oh my god, Luck, it's you a shame to be American or something or other. I'm on the offense now. I'm just gonna keep saying stuff here, Trader, and what is your vehicle for justice? Vanilla Ice? Yes, American hero.
Speaker 5: Finally, the babbylon Bee, taxpayer funded illegal immigrant gender surgeon is having a really bad week.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, uh yeah. That thing on the the slang for the high schoolers, I'll catch on to one because I'll hear my son and his friend's using it. Then I'll use it. What seems to me like a week later, where nobody says that anymore. Dad, that is so lame. What he used it like a month ago?
Speaker 1: And the journal articles talking about nine year olds, I mean, parents, little kids are trying having to keep up with this, mostly to figure out if they're being insulted or not in a casual conversation. Right, He's right, we've had that problem. If you missed a segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on the Man Armstrong and Getty