Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: All's quiet or all is quiet on the coaching front, at least so far, and you have the possibility of Mike McCarthy interviewing with the Bears today, and then you have some of these other coaches who are still in the postseason who aren't afforded that luxury. Now, the Dallas Cowboys with Dion Sanders, that's going to get a lot of run. That's going to play out until Dallas hires a coach. I don't think it's going to be Dion. I think Jerry Jones did Diona solid. Dion is in negotiations for a contract extension at Colorado. He would normally be getting that, but if there's the possibility of the Raiders or the Cowboys, maybe he's able to make some more money there. Because if you listen or read what Dion had to say about his conversation with Jerry Jones, he sort of implied inferred that he was offered the job. Hey, you know, humbled by this and I got unfinished business at Colorado. I don't think there was an offer here. It wasn't reported as an offer. Dion kind of took it and said basically, yeah, I'm not going to take this job right now. I got unfinished business. Wait a minute, I didn't offer the job to you. Now, maybe gets around to doing that, because you know, normally when you fire somebody, we always at least think the owner has an idea who he's going to bring in. I truly believe that the Craft family with the Patriots knew they were bringing in Mike Brabel, and probably knew that in December. They probably knew that a month ago where it's like this is not working out. They would have brought in Mike Brabel if they weren't already contractually binded with girod Mayo because they wrote it into his contract that he would be the successor to Bill Belichick. Then I think they quickly realized he was not ready to be a head coach. And it goes back to what I've said many many times, not every great coordinator, good coordinator, deserves to be a head coach. Ben Johnson is the object of desire right now. I don't know what he's like. I've never heard him interviewed. I don't know what it's like when you're up there and you're answering questions, you just lost a tough game. I don't know what kind of culture is he able to be around Dan Campbell and go I'm gonna have that same culture wherever I go. I don't know. Is he gonna go to the Raiders? How does that go with Tom Brady's game this weekend? He's got that game, He's got the Lions game of the Commanders. What happens if they show Ben Johnson on the sideline? Is Tom Brady, minority owner of the Raiders, allowed to talk about Ben Johnson? Does he have any inside info? Which I would believe he would. I like how the NFL makes it seem like this isn't a conflict of interest. Seaton brought up something this morning, But imagine if Jerry Jones was going to be the analyst for a game. He love that and he's looking for a head coach. Is there a conflict of interest there?
Speaker 3: Yes, Eton, Yeah, I mean, like, could you imagine Robert Kraft immediately like, well, you know here, Drodmeo really not getting it done. I think we're going to fire him at the end of the game, and that means we're open for business.
Speaker 2: But the NFL, you know, the NFL is bending over backwards to help Tom. It feels like or looking the other way. Conflict of interest, that is what it is. And then you go back in the way back machine to how they went after Tom, like you know, they were going after him in a big time, big way, like they were investigating him. Then this is like, you know, he's with Fox, he's going to be calling the super Bowl. Let's play nice, probably his last year as a broadcaster. No conflict of interest here, yes, Eton, I love like.
Speaker 3: This is so actually blatant conflict of interest that's right in our faces.
Speaker 4: That makes me wonder what are the other conflicts of.
Speaker 3: Interest that they're also like, Ah, don't worry about that, that's no big deal. Don't worry about it because this one is right in our faces. Everybody could see it. There's probably a million more that are behind the scenes, like I just wink at that. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 2: What about if it's a blowout. Let's say the lines are up like twenty one with I don't seven minutes to go. You got to fill a little time, and all of a sudden, you're gonna go, uh, well, Ben Johnson's gonna get a job Tom somewhere. Yeah, he certainly seems like a good candidate to me.
Speaker 5: Anymore on that, Tom.
Speaker 2: No, that's all I have.
Speaker 3: Raiders are looking to hire a new coach sometime before the draft.
Speaker 2: That they wait, Is that your Tom Brady?
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, he's got a hardcore accent where he talks about you know, the podcast for the I was talking about the draft on the podcast.
Speaker 2: WHOA what dude?
Speaker 4: Where did that accent come from?
Speaker 2: I now, now I'm going to be listening for that.
Speaker 6: Yes, Todd or Brady goes the other way and pretends he's not interested. It's like I Ben. Everybody's on this Ben Johnson bandwagon. I don't know. When everyone doesn't reson, then he swoops in at the last minute when everyone thinks that the Raiders aren't.
Speaker 2: Interested, it's the Ben wagon. I think it's I'm on the Ben wagon here? Yeah? Does he go out of his way to say, yeah, I don't know, I don't get it, you know, all right, gimme keep plays. I don't know if that works consistent.
Speaker 6: Some are just coordinators. They're not necessarily going to make great head coaches.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, yes, yes, or Brady goes the other way.
Speaker 5: Sam Laporta catches like a pass on the I cannot wait to see him dial that up for Powers next year.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Like he just puts it all out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, uh so that's no conflict of interest there with that game coming up this weekend with the Lions and the Commanders. See, now you're going to listen. Now we're going to read into how many times do you listen to a game where you're gonna be eating into maybe an ulterior motive. Troy Aikman came out after what the last game that he and Joe did and said something about the Cowboys job not being a good job or desirable. But Troy is not part of the Cowboys, or he's not part of another organization ripping the Cowboys. Tom Is he's got his fingerprints all over this. He's going to be making these changes, He's making these decisions, but he's also going to be broadcasting a game where maybe the number one candidate for the head coaching vacancies is going to be coaching eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle it DP show you got Tyler sitting by he'll take your phone calls coming up and is always stat of the day. Brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of this program. By the way, I have the Morning DraftKings odds. These are the best super match up odds. It's overwhelming that they think it'll be the Chiefs and the Lions. Then it's the Chiefs and the Eagles, Ravens Lions. So Chiefs and Lions plus three seventy Chiefs Eagles and the Ravens Lions plus five hundred, and then they have the Bills and the Lions plus five point fifty. So they're not factoring in the Commanders or the Rams in this situation. And if you're betting, the best odds, according to Vegas, will be the Chiefs and the Lions meeting in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, So as of today, Vegas likes the Eagles more than the Lions.
Speaker 2: They no, No, they have the Lions against the Chiefs. Oh, and then that's the Chiefs against Yeah, they have the Chiefs against the Eagles, got it. And then they have the raven No, they really like the Lions because they've got them facing the Chiefs and facing the Ravens and facing the Bills. So if I'm going to plan this, the Bills versus the Lions would be where I would go. Somebody's winning a super Bowl here? Yeah? Is that how they sell it? And welcome to the super Bowl. Somebody has to win this game these and can you imagine the pain for one of these fan bases if Buffalo plays Detroit? Which fan base would hurt more if they lost this Super Bowl? Oh boy, I'm skewing negative eleven minutes in Dang. I started out great with Strawberry Quick, then I went to Brady conflict of interest, and now I'm talking about pain misery for a fan base.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, I think this is a good question. And my instant reaction was the Bills would have more pain. They've been expecting to get a Super Bowl for the past five years. They finally get there. They had the for four stretch. Lions never even had that stretch, and then you lose to the team that's never been there.
Speaker 2: But considering this is recency bias from you just lost in dramatic fashion last year for you're the Lions. So it's not like the Buffalo Bills back in the nineties when they're losing super Bowls. It's this is the Lions team that's supposed to win the Super Bowl? Are we they're the favorites?
Speaker 5: Are we instituting the pain meter as of today?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah, Seaton, what's the pole question? I don't know. Do we want to start out with which fan base would suffer more? In a No, I can't do that. I can't do that today because that's what we're doing. By the way, if you're going to be in New Orleans for the Super Bowl February fifth, at seven pm local time, I'll be at Tippatina's with Dan Levittard. It's Dan Interviews Dan, and we'll be there for ninety minutes, having a conversation, take questions, and saying hello to people. We still have some tickets, not a lot left, but information on the tickets can be found at danpatrick dot com and across our social media platforms. Is that the pole question we're going with?
Speaker 4: Seed, It's definitely one of them.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Which fan base would suffer more if they lost to the Super Bowl? Buffalo Bill's Detroit Lions.
Speaker 4: That is a lot of fun we.
Speaker 3: Can also put up there. Tom Brady being an NFL broadcaster and owner. Is a massive conflict of interest or no big deal?
Speaker 2: Well, let's go round the room here, because I want to be fair to the topic here, Todd, do you think it's a conflict of interest that Brady is a minority owner while calling games?
Speaker 6: I think it's a conflict of interest. But if the phrase is massive conflict of interest, I would lean the other way. I think it's a conflict of interest. I don't think it's a massive conflict.
Speaker 3: With Okay Seaton, Uh, okay, maybe we'll take out massive. Then I would say it is a massive conflict of interest. Okay, then, especially more like the more that it's not exactly a new story, but the more that it sits with me, and the more that everybody's just kicking around head coaching candidates and all this stuff, and you're like, you got this dude doing kid, This is crazy. How in the world could you allow that to happen?
Speaker 2: Marvin, conflict of interest?
Speaker 7: As much as I love minority owner in the NFL, now, conflict of interest?
Speaker 2: No, it is oh okay, okay, Pauly, conflict of interest.
Speaker 5: It's the definition of conflict of interest. It's direct. It's not even like a layer removed. And what's worse is the NFL gave Tom special treatment to make it happen. They let him become a broadcaster and approved him becoming an owner, which they did not have to do in any way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I they could have kept him in the on deck circle before, you know. But I don't think the NFL wants him to get out out of the broadcasting booth. I think that they want him there. I think Fox of course wants him there, and he's going to be doing the Super Bowl. But as I've said for the last couple of months, it feels like he's moving on to something else and maybe he's won and done doing these games and he gets to do a Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, it's kind of like what Seton said, almost jokingly about Jerry Jones. Would they make him a broadcaster? If I were an NBA broadcast team, I would consider hiring someone like Mark Cuban to be on my staff. But the conflict would be he owns the Mavericks and you couldn't. But he's a star, he's a good guy, he talks well. If I'm ana, can an NBA do this? I don't think they could well.
Speaker 2: I think he's now a minority owner with the Mavericks, so it would be identical if he was doing games. I think Mark sold a good portion of the Dallas Mavericks. I think so.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 8: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 9: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something.
Speaker 8: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls, chop it up, as they say.
Speaker 9: I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 8: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: I saw a tweet from ed Werder and of course always reading Ed Werders tweets, and had something to do with the Cowboys. Ed is a Cowboy insider for w FAA TV in Dallas, had to do with Dion, had to do with Jerry Jones, and maybe maybe this is actually in the on deck circling could happen and ed warder kind of enough to join us. So you piqued my interest with this, So explain what your tweet was all about.
Speaker 10: That was my one and only interest in tweeting Dan was to get your attention, thank you, and to have an opportunity to make a long awaited guest appearance on the show. If you want to play golf again, let me know. Yeah, so I've I've been obviously following the Cowboys you know for a long time, but you know, certainly throughout this season and extending that coverage through the dismissal of Mike McCarthy, which I think surprised a lot of people, even those of us who covered the team on a regular basis. And you know, when you start configuring a list of potential candidates to be the next head coach, only in Dallas do you have to make sure to include Dion Sanders and Jason Witten former you know, Cowboys tight end great who Jerry is enamored with, who has only coached at the high school level. Regarding Dion, obviously we know that he has not yet formally interviewed for the job. The Cowboys have extended invitations to Leslie Frazier and Robert Salah to be the first two to interview formerly for the job. But Dion told Adam Schefter the other day that Jerry Jones reached out to him and they discussed the job, and everything I continue to be told Dan is that Jerry is interested. It was described to me as he's enamored with the idea. Obviously, it's hard to imagine any coaching candidate who could create more interest someone that Jerry could more sell to the fan base here which needs to happen, and make Jerry more money than Dion Sanders. I mean, he won a Super Bowl here as a player. So there are also people around Dion who tell me that he's being urged by his supporters in Colorado to take the job, and that they believe if Jerry ever does offer him the job, that he will take. That he has an extension to remain at Colorado on his desk that he hasn't even looked at as he considers these other possibilities. But you know, I mean, there are also people close to Dion who tell me they don't see it happening, but they've seen things happen with Jerry Jones that they didn't expect to happen before. And he did hire Barry Switzer, So you can't rule anything out. He's the most unpredictable owner in the NFL on any subject, especially this one.
Speaker 2: But do you think that Jerry Jones had somebody in mind when he was willing to let Mike McCarthy leave.
Speaker 10: I assume that Jerry's done this enough times. This is his eighth time that he knows before you let somebody who has some value. It has proven himself to the degree, you know, Mike McCarthy has as a head coach in this league with two different franchises that you're sure you're going to get somebody who you think is going to do a better job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I man for some reason. And I was talking to Tim Callishaw, of course he covers the Cowboys, and he said Dion was treating this as if he was offered the job.
Speaker 10: Like.
Speaker 2: His response was, Hey, I'm honored or humboled or whatever, but I got work to do as if he was getting the job offer. And then I thought, well, maybe is Jerry doing Dion a favor by Hey, maybe we have some interest here and that helps him even more with that extension at Colorado. But you think this is real, This is something that could happen.
Speaker 10: I think it has merit, and I think when we're talking about Jerry and Dion, you always have to be wary of how this conversation could benefit each of them, and it certainly does. But I think there is a possibility of it happening. I mean, Dion apparently told Adam Schefter that he doesn't need to use the Cowboys's leverage to get what he wants at Colorado that he's him and there's probably a lot of truth in that, given the effect he's had on that program and the attention he's brought to it and the money that's been dedicated to the program since then. But yeah, and I think a key figure if this were to go very far, would be Mike Zimmer. You know, Mike Zimmer was a defensive coordinator here this most recent season under Mike McCarthy, coached under five head coaches in Dallas, and he has not decided what he's going to do in terms of whether he wants to continue coaching or not. I think a lot of that is dependent upon what direction Jerry decides to go and hiring the next head coach.
Speaker 1: And he would.
Speaker 10: Certainly, almost certainly Dan be a part of it if Dion Sanders is the coach, because Mike is very close to Dion. He coached him when he was here. He was close, so close to his program at Jackson State and then at Colorado that there were people speculating that Zimmer was going to be the defensive coordinator of Colorado. That never happened, but Zimmer made it clear during the season when we spoke to him that he does frequently still speak to Deon Sanders, so I'm sure he would be heavily involved in that. And it's interesting that he has made no mention or or offered no decision on his future.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we've talked about Jerry and he hires coaches that are submissive and malleable, and that's not Dion. So is Jerry finally maybe coming around to that I need to have somebody be a head coach, act like a head coach and not be looking over their shoulder constantly.
Speaker 10: Well, do you think that Jerry would think that there's not room for him to influence Dion Sanders, who's never coached at the NFL level, on how he views his best route to being successful. I think Jerry would see this as a very a very positive opportunity for him to influence the way Dion Sanders coaches Jerry's football team. Now, was interesting that during the season, when Jerry was first asked about Dion, you know, he praised him as one of his favorite players of all time, and you know his competitiveness that he brought to the team, but he also sort of dismissed his value as a head coach in the NFL, because he said, what Dion offers now, that's most attractive and most influences his success at CU at the college level is his ability to recruit, and that's not going to be a significant part of his success in the NFL should he opt to coach in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And that's true.
Speaker 10: I mean, he could influence free agents, but the Cowboys have not been heavily involved in free agency in recent years, to their own detriment. Quite honestly, you know, they were the last team to sign a player four out of the last five years. So it was interesting to me that Jerry thought that was the most unique ability Dion possessed and that it would not be a significant factor in whether he succeeded at the NFL level.
Speaker 2: Did Mike McCarthy want out?
Speaker 10: That's not the sense I got. I mean, when the season ended, he was unequivocal and very public about the fact that his goal in the next few days was to.
Speaker 1: Remain in Dallas.
Speaker 10: He said he had made an investment in Dallas, the Cowboys had made an investment in him. I think his family wanted to be here. I sincerely think Mike McCarthy wanted and expected it to work out, and I don't know that we fully understand the real reasons.
Speaker 2: It did. Great to talk to you always, Ed, Thank you. Thanks. An Ed Werder covers The Cowboys for WFAA TV in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Made it to a Friday, Dan and the Danauts Dan Patrick Show. I'm not in the main man Cave. I'm in the main man Cave, but not in the main without the e man Cave and the recipe. The menu today certainly bears that out. Fritzy probably not going to be happy with all of this burger and waffle fries. That's it. As Tyler said, he didn't want to waste a good meat Friday on just the Dan Etts if I wasn't going to be in studio. So that's who has it better than we do, Noney buddy, this is fun.
Speaker 5: We're calling it the Winter Burger Festival. Burgers and beers outside in the cold, burgers.
Speaker 2: And waffle on the menu. Here for a meet Friday, all right, come on in, stay a while, we'll talk to Jason Garrett, former Cowboys head coach David Carr, NFL network analyst Mike Florio. We'll stop by as well. Operator Tyler is sitting by. He'll take your phone calls throughout the morning. Eight seven to seven three DP show three days of football straight ahead, starting with Saturday games, Sunday games, Monday, Monday night National Title game. So we'll try to dissect all of these over the next three hours. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC and at MAKO they're trying to bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. Get a free estimate today, Oh better get make up play the day, poll question stat of the day, all of that forthcoming. The point spreads as of this morning, according to DraftKings, I've got the Texans getting eight and a half, the Commanders getting eight and a half, the Rams are getting six, and the Bills at home are getting one and a half. Fritzi, it's Friday, Fritzy. He's got a few pole question suggestions seat and will also fill in some of the gray area there with some of his own. Well. Recap the big basketball game last night. You probably didn't watch it. But the Oklahoma City Thunder now thirty four and six, they rough up the Cavaliers as they win by twenty and trying to make somebody a star in a city that doesn't make stars or a game that probably doesn't bear itself out and highlights on the Mothership. That's Shay Gilgis Alexander. You'd have to work on the name, the game and the fact that he's in Oklahoma City, but I think all signs are leading to him being the MVP this year. Might be a little MVP voter fatigue with the Joker, but Shay Gilgis is averaging over thirty a game. He had over forty last night against the Cavaliers. We'll talk about that coming up. And he was second. He finished runner up to Joker last year, so it's not going to be a big surprise, but we'll talk about that. You're trying or it feels like there's analysts trying to let you know, watch him play. It's just he's not a highlight machine. He's just extremely economically great. It just he goes out there and he'll give you forty points. I think he's done that six times so far this season, all Righty, Todd, I'm going to start with you. You have a few Friday Fritzy Poll.
Speaker 6: Questions Texans Aside, if the Lions reached the Super Bowl, who should they want to play? That would be the Bills, Chiefs or Ravens. Who should the Lions want to play if they're fortunate enough to reach the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: I think it's weird to say the obvious answer would be the Kansas City Chiefs because they feel vulnerable at fifteen and two. I want no part of Patrick Mahomes in a big game. I don't. I don't been down that road too many times. No, not gonna do you give me. Lamar Jackson maybe one of the greatest seasons ever by a quarterback, and Josh Allen is probably going to be the runner up to him for MVP. I'll take my chances because those guys haven't been in this situation before. It's the same thing with Tom Brady. I don't know how many years he wasn't the best quarterback in the league. But if you said you got to win one game or you had a game winning drive and you gave him the football or anybody else, you said, I'll take him. And that's what Mahomes is. Mahomes is not a stat machine. He hasn't been. They've changed the whole complexion of this team. It's a defensive team. They do run the football. Travis Kelcey has regressed a little bit the last couple of years. During the regular season. He's another guy where you go, Man, I don't know. It seems to be slowing down a little bit, and it'll be like seven catches for ninety yards. And with Mahomes, somehow, some way, you can't game plan for third and fifteen and he gets out of the pocket dances down the sidelines for sixteen. So I would say, I'll take my chances with Buffalo or the Texans or the Baltimore Ravens, anybody taking Kansas City that the Lions would want to face O Todd, Okay, and.
Speaker 6: It'll be extra special to keep them from the three peats. I think the Chiefs, to me, I understand your point, which are all valid, are a little less scary than Lamar and Josh and those two teams.
Speaker 2: Okay. But if I said the Broncos were in the AFC title game and you could face the Ravens, Bills are Chiefs who were you taking.
Speaker 6: Based on what happened in the regular season. They got destroyed forty one to ten against the Ravens. The Bills just destroyed the Broncos. Denver almost beat the Chiefs in Kansas City on a block field goal, and then they let them be done thirty eight to nothing. I'm gonna say I would take the Chiefs.
Speaker 7: They know us.
Speaker 6: But we know them. We played them twice a year, and I just think the Chiefs are ripe for the taking, as if Bills and Ravens scamming more than the Chiefs, even with all the experience in seeing.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we us let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah Yeah. I feel like the Chiefs are actually the last team that I want I would want to face, and probably for all of the reasons you just mentioned actually going for the three p They're completely unpredictable. I feel like you can game plan for a lot of different things, but you really can't game plan for that. You know, fourth and seventeen, You've got Patrick Mahomes exactly where you want to be scrambling, he jumps out of bounds and somehow throws a thirty seven yard dart to a wide open Kelsey. And this year like, what the hell, we just had him sacked, We just had them on fourth down.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't really game plan for that, But.
Speaker 2: You would also look at that game planning that Josh Allen is capable of those crazy plays and Lamar Jackson capable of those plays. I've just seen it when the game is on the line and it's time to pucker and Mahomes is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, those guys are all capable of those things. But Patrick Mahomes does them regularly, and right, those other two quarterbacks they have more of a history of.
Speaker 4: Puckering. As you'd say that, they just makes them less scary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paulie, I'm with you. I want no part of the Chiefs. The Chiefs have been ripe for the taking for three straight years. It seems like every week they're down, every game they're down. How many playoff games have they been down? If I were a Lions fan going into the fourth quart of the Super Bowl up two touchdowns on the Chiefs, I'd be like, oh no, oh.
Speaker 2: My, it would never be caught it. He's got us just where he wants us, right, you know, never comfortable. Dang it, dang it, we're only up two touchdowns going into the fourth quarter. But the Ravens in Buffalo and the Ravens favored on the road by one and a half. You know, you start to look at these and I always go, what's Vegas want me to do? Is Vegas saying, you know what, you got to take the bills. They're getting one and a half at a home. That's what they're saying to you. And then you look at these numbers with the Commanders and the Lions eight and a half, Texans Chiefs eight and a half. It feels and this isn't fair to the Texans. I'll say that up front, like the Commanders are capable, might be more capable of beating the Lions in Detroit than the Texans beating the Chiefs in Kansas City. And maybe that's you know, just the perception of or the lack of respect the Texans get, but eight and a half for both of these teams on the road. And then the Rams and the Eagles six point game. And I started to look at some of the prop bets. Here if I said, over under rushing yard Saquon Barkley against the Rams, Marvin, you got a guess here, seventy five and a half all right, Seaton eighty two, Paul eighty nine and a half.
Speaker 6: Todd I'm going to say ninety four and a half.
Speaker 2: One twelve and a half.
Speaker 4: That's aggressive, no respect.
Speaker 2: That surprised me a little bit there. Yeah, yeah, uh. They expect Josh Allen to have more passing yards than Lamar Jackson. How about Derrick Henry over under rushing yards Ravens Bills.
Speaker 1: Paul.
Speaker 2: Ninety six and a half, Marvin.
Speaker 7: Eighty eight, Todd ninety and a half.
Speaker 4: Seaton two hundred and twenty seven and one a half.
Speaker 2: Ninety seven and a half, PAULI had ninety six and a half. Yes, Patrick Mahomes passing yards against the Texans, Paul kind of low.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go to twenty nine and a half, all right, Marvin.
Speaker 6: Two forty eight and a half Todd, Well, I kind of split the difference there to thirty seven and a half between those two gun.
Speaker 3: All right, Seaton, no connor, I'm gonna this is a bad guest, But to twenty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: To twenty seven and a half is CJ. Strouds over.
Speaker 7: Gotta give him love for that.
Speaker 2: Patrick Mahomes is two fifty and a half. Just some of the random things here. Yeah, they got Josh Allen two forty eight and a half, Lamar Jackson to twenty four and a half, but uh and Pukainakua. They expect him to have a really good game over under his eighty eight and a half yards in that matchup. All right, eight seven seven three, DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show once again, David Carr from NFL Network. A little later on, we'll have the most must win game of the weekend. Got her play of the day coming up. Kind of a quiet last couple of days with the coaching moves. Aaron Rodgers talks about talking to the Jets, but Vegas has a new team, a new place that Aaron Rodgers, if he decides to play next year, that that would be the place that he would be going to. Paulie, I'll start with you. Vegas thinks that if Aaron Rodgers plays again, you know what, let me play. Aaron Rodgers on McAfee's show talking with the Jets, I.
Speaker 11: Gave some constructive things. It's there's so much that goes into the whole thing. There's there's the food path, there's the locker room. There's travel, there's hotel stuff, there's different you know, you're just giving a little constructive things here and there that maybe they take the heart, maybe they don't. I think everybody understands that it's going to come down to a GM and a coach and myself and whether we all want to do a dance together or if it's it's not in the cards, Okay.
Speaker 2: Do a little dance, make a little love get down tonight, down tonight. Figured that'd be right.
Speaker 6: Set me up lovely, even though you didn't mean to do.
Speaker 2: You know who sing sings that?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 2: Casey? Okay, the Sunshine tod do you want?
Speaker 7: That's not them?
Speaker 2: It's not them, that's the Bay City Rollers. Wow, come on, let's go, Come on, come on, how can I fail that the months questions? Don't mail it in just because it's Friday. Let's go. I got to pick it up every day. Is the Super Bowl all right? Here? It is Vegas. Is the place that Vegas thinks that Aaron Rodgers is going to go. Yeah, the Raiders are the favorites for Aaron Rodgers. And uh I was a little bit surprised. Well, we brought this up here can you get him to come in as your bridge quarterback? Would Tom Brady entertain that as the new owner of the Raiders? Man, unless I thought my team could be good and compete, you know. I mean, you're in a division where the Broncos, Chargers, and Chiefs all made the playoffs. So is Aaron Rodgers going to help me with anything other than attendance? And you're already a tourist attraction. Now you don't have a home field advantage. But do I want Aaron Rodgers or do I bring in somebody else and go? Can I get through this next season and then maybe we start to build this into a champion again? Yes, Paul.
Speaker 5: Lifestyle wise, it makes a ton of sense for Aaron Rodgers. He could live out by pow Rump or Area fifty one or what do they get a double wide out there? What a satellite dish? He'd be perfect lifestyle wise.
Speaker 2: Okay, anybody else have thought?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: I thought maybe Pittsburgh, But he just doesn't fit in with what Pittsburgh's whole philosophy is. I can't see that happening. I mean, Russ didn't really fit in. I mean he tried, but I just can't imagine Aaron being on McAfee talking about whatever he's talking about, and then all of a sudden, Mike Tomlin's got to go to the press conference say hey, Aaron said the following on Pat McAfee. That feels like that would get really old, really quick for Tomlin.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it's got to be someplace that we don't expect. They were like, hey, that makes a lot of sense. I don't think it's going to be one of those wow, that makes a lot of sense places at all. Like it it's gonna be like New Orleans or something where you're.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, yeah, I could it's out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Him and DeVante Adams and two more of his buddies are going to be like, why don't we just go all land at the Saints.
Speaker 2: Right now feels like it'll be Tennessee or the Raiders if I was guessing, I have no information on that other than just what I could see maybe one year with the Raiders, but they're just not ready to win, So why do I want to do that? Why do I want to spend that money? It almost feels like you take a step back before you take two steps forward, and it doesn't mean he can't play a high I mean his numbers were really good with the Jets, where that's where stats are deceiving. Where you go, man? All right? Not bad. The thing that I would want to look at is his fourth quarter numbers, because that's the quarterback I want. That's what I need. These games are all decided by seven points or less. What did your quarterback do when the game was on the line, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 6: Along with your thoughts on the Titans in a winnable AFC South, would the Colts.
Speaker 7: Take a shot with him for a year?
Speaker 1: They were in the.
Speaker 6: Playoff picture up until towards the very end there, Week sixteen, Week seventeen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely. I mean they do have talent there and probably had enough talent to win that division. They just didn't get consistent quarterback play. And Anthony Richardson's not ready not ready yet, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: For the Colts, that's on brand for them. They brought to what Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan. They'll try their hand that another veteran quarterback.
Speaker 2: Why not blo bloop blue. We'll take a break when we come back. Yeah, is Joe Flacco coming back again? Checking? Yeah? Okay, so he might be coming back. Who knows sure? Why not? Yes?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 7: Can he win a comeback Player of the Year twice?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 11: Not?
Speaker 2: Back to back?
Speaker 5: I think Chad Pennington is a two time Comeback Player of the Year winner. But you can't come back twice because if you came back, you have to revert back to badness.
Speaker 2: I think. But could something bad happen during that next season that you came back from and then you won come back player come back, back, back back actually, yeah, player of the Year. Yeah. Steve Stricker I think won comeback Player of the Year twice on the PGA Tour. I think when we come back a little bit later on this first hour, we'll bring back a portion of the interview I did with Bob Yuker. That was the last time that we had him on the show, passing away at the age of ninety one.