Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's see what's happening in the stock market here some stock movers. We do that with Isabelle Lee Isabell. What you got for us?
Speaker 1: We'll talk about Crackle Barrel. So ticker is CBRL and the stock is fluctuating. It was down as much as six percent than it was in the green then now it's lower by nearly two percent. So the company expects sales to fall faster than forecasts now between three point two billion dollars to three point three billion dollars in the current fiscal year. So what does this mean? I mean, remember earlier this year when the restaurant chain unveiled their new logo, and really social media folks were unhappy with it. They were saying that they were erasing elements of traditional American culture and it was all about Uncle Herschel, who I really didn't know who he was. I haven't eaten in a cracker barrel.
Speaker 3: See she never wants she think about is well, she never gets off this rock of Manhattan and when she does, it's the India or the Philippines. I mean none. You got to go to get out there and see the country. I will try maybe go to a Cracker Brough.
Speaker 1: We can have a field trip.
Speaker 3: Yes, we can do that.
Speaker 1: The company planned updated to dining rooms to give them a more modern field maybe just in time for my visit. The company posted a loss, including some items. But yes, it's Cracker Bill's first loss since the pandemic. So that's probably why the stock is now down by two percent.
Speaker 3: Okay, what else we got here?
Speaker 1: Game Stop ticker is GME. So Gameshop recorded lower revenue. That's as hardware, accessories and software as sales declined. And you know what surge collectibles. I didn't know that GameStop had collectibles. I had to google and they're really they look like action figures. So they actually increase by fifty percent, and they now make up when I say they it's collectibles just a third of the overall revenue of game Stop and that's up twenty percent from the year prior. And we know that game Stop is the original meme stock. And now of course they had to buy bitcoin also, they bought four thy seven hundred in May and June, and they were valued at five hundred million dollars. So there is that for a game stop. I feel like we've stopped talking about games. I wonder if they regret the bitcoin purchase now though, because the few money. Maybe, but it depends on your horizon. A lot of the people who Buybitclenner, Hoddles, hoddle Earth, hold on to your life, hold on to their life.
Speaker 2: Paul the Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.