Speaker 1: It's act another good practice UH together again today, Uh, and we definitely gonna need it this week going against a good football team.
Speaker 2: UH. I would tell you first off, do not look at their record.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: These guys are pretty good and uh uh command the whole coaching staff and how they got these guys uh prepared each week and ready to play.
Speaker 2: Uh. You look at that talent level across the board.
Speaker 1: You know Kyl is back and we know uh he's he's a big play uh ready to happen in any moment.
Speaker 2: Connor is still running the ball extremely hard. Uh.
Speaker 1: Ron Dale Hollywood can take the top off at any time. They're doing a little bit more with Rondale putting him in the backfield. Uh, he's running the football well. Uh so uh in the offensive line is doing a great job protecting. So I've told the guys all week, you know we're gonna have to go earn this one. It's it's gonna be a definitely a a tough game, and I know we're gonna be up for the uh challenge.
Speaker 2: So with that, I'll take your questions.
Speaker 1: Kyler Urry's giving this defense some problems and sometimes during his career was the key to defending him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Again, I think it it's a it's a combination of of of a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Number one, we gotta be sound uh and our defensive responsibilities for us his own read you know, uh, not allowing him to be able to get outside the uh the pocket cause he's he's definitely gonna pull it uh. And then also his ability to be able to scramble and uh go make a big play.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little different than Jalen, uh than what we faced a couple of weeks ago, but it's still the same premise that we gotta make sure that we contain him.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And once again, I think he's doing an excellent job going through his progression, trying to stay in the pocket, going through his different reads, and putting the ball where it needs to go.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest different you mentioned? It's it's different than defending Jalen. Uh.
Speaker 1: I I think you know, when he gets outside the pocket, he can run, he he can leave you, he can go buy you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we gotta do a great job making sure we try to contain him. We felt different with Jalen, you know, forcing uh him outside and not allowing him to get up vertical inside those A and gaps and that we can you know, go get 'em.
Speaker 2: Calamara is totally different.
Speaker 3: You look at Kyler Murray previous to his injury and then now how much difference do you look at You look like the same guy.
Speaker 1: It looks like the same guy to me, you know, I I think now with technology and how these guys bounce back from acls and those things.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's still running well.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Once again, I don't see any you know, lamp of uh a glitch in in his performance. So Uh, it's always a concern when you have these running quarterbacks. So we gotta do a great job by committee, you know, eleven guys getting to the football and making sure that you know, there's no exsumptions that he's down.
Speaker 4: Is your little first guy have a defensive tackle with which kind of your state of confidence.
Speaker 2: In in the back ups? There ah a lot of confidence.
Speaker 1: You look at what uh Ken law and and and Kevin has been doing given it s the last couple of weeks. Uh, very confident in their performance. Now they gonna play. Uh, We're not gonna put the onwings on them. It's gonna be critical that they do a great job inside penetrating and trying to play on their side of the line of scrimmage, but across the board, we all gotta step up.
Speaker 4: Even the first match up, they they went up tempo on you, I think in the first half, how did looking back at that, how'd you feel like your defense defended that?
Speaker 2: And do you expect that? Again?
Speaker 1: Uh, that's part of their you know, their offense, and we always gotta be ready for that, you know, and we just got to weather the storm. I think what happens in most of those type of situations. We gotta be be ready for what I consider, ah am a minimum package and the things that I'm trying to get done when they start up temp on because sometimes they get you back on your heels a little bit where you can't really do what you want. But we have a certain mellion that we like when they get up tempo. So that's what we gotta get too quickly.
Speaker 2: You used to be head coach down there.
Speaker 4: I'm just kind of what kind of emotions does that carry for you?
Speaker 2: None? None, yes, several times, so well we were beyond that. Uh.
Speaker 3: If uh, Drake green Law and Warner Berths are out, are you looking at maybe doing UH reveal de Winters.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, uh D is definitely up. He does a good job on special teams. I have total confidence if he has to go in there and play. You know, he's played apparently this year, particularly late in the game. So I got a lot of confidence in him. And we'll see exactly what's gonna transpire with Robert.
Speaker 3: I love progress so far since start the.
Speaker 1: Season with Robert YEA, Well, I I think you know, uh D, I've talked about him several uh occasions.
Speaker 2: I think he's gotten so much better.
Speaker 1: You know, I think Johnny has done a tremendous job and just the teaching and the progression that really him and jailing both uh and then I think, uh Robert has a bright future. You know, I really do so, cause Sarah's excited about him and the things that I see as well.
Speaker 2: So we got some.
Speaker 1: Good young talent, and you know, hopefully when they get in there, UH, the expectation doesn't change, they step up and perform.
Speaker 2: You see how to flavor Fells.
Speaker 1: He's smart. UH can play all three positions. You know, if anything happens with green Law, UH, we anticipate him playing this week, but if not, I have total confidence and Plank can go in there and get the job done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's your player in Chailey, Graham, Steve what do a great de preseason? How's he progressed as the year has gone on? And what what do you see when you watch him?
Speaker 2: Uh? I see a lot of talent. I see a guy with lamp that can run.
Speaker 1: The one thing, uh that Jalen You have to remember when we got him, he was really a converted safety, you know, played well out in space.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it takes a while, not just within this defense, but as a whole just in the in the league trying to learn that position. And you can see the difference in d who actually played linebacker at TCU. He picks up things a little quicker and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So that's the difference in the progression. But I have, you know, total confidence in Jalen and how he's progressing the things that he's doing.
Speaker 3: Among your first messages this week, there.
Speaker 2: Are Yeah, I think it's you know, it started with uh Kyle.
Speaker 1: Kyle does a great job and setting the tone each week and and you know, paying the picture that we all need to see as players and coaches. So uh, and I just echoed that message. And and I see the same thing when we watch tape this. You know, I I don't even know what the record is. I don't really care. But they're a good football team. They better than what their record states.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Christ during the three game losing street out the team's winning and you're.
Speaker 1: Coaching the number one defense in the league and people don't have that much to say about you anymore.
Speaker 2: Does that use you? Nah? You know what? Man?
Speaker 1: I And like I told you guys before, you know, I'm a very small piece of this puzzle.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I knew coming into this situation. Uh, when we didn't do well, I was gonna get blaming. And when we did good, we supposed to were at number one last year. So it is what it is.
Speaker 4: And you were DV Steve, and you know, DVS. What do you think a louter he's shown on special teams? Is he healthy now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, l a lud Going back, I mentioned Jalen, I talked about UH Robert Bill and then uh D winners. Uh A lot of credit man to John John Lynch and the whole entire scouting department.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 1: And I said this several times to the defensive staff. Man, I th I think we hit all our I picks on defense. Man, those guys gonna be great players for us, Lula, I hate he got hurt, but the way he's bounced back, you know. I I pointed out the the special teams play uh that he did against uh Seattle on uh Thanksgiving Day, basically you know, saving that touchdown and defense went out there and held him the three points.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: But UH, just just his performance on special teams and his ability to come in and do some things on defense, I think he's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: What's yours on Jason Barrett so far? What's your testment on Jason Barrett so far?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Love Jason Man, you know, never had the chance. I just missed him when I left San Diego. Uh, great player, even better human being.
Speaker 2: Uh. All the guys love him, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh he's one of the uh favors in the locker room, you know, with his relationships and being here before a great movement.
Speaker 2: Uh he's still moving well.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm very confident that he's gonna be able to help us at some point, uh, rather inside or outside, and UH looking forward to get him on the fields, sometimes so thank you, guys,