Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal.
Speaker 2: Here, independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 3: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 3: We need your help to build the future of independent news media, and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 1: The Voice of God Mike is officially off.
Speaker 3: Ryan's hair is extra crazy. Crystal informed him that look crazy. Everyone is crazier, so he made it even more musky. All right, So that was what did we clock in at our fifty Yeah.
Speaker 1: Calling it you know.
Speaker 2: Actually the threat was sort of effective because it's some inspecations for going to a midnight So when he wrapped up abruptly at eleven PMO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, okay, all right, it's not so not so bad overall, purpose very long speech. However, it's easily going to be the longest State of the Union probably in American history, at least in terms of the one that has been delivered. Lots of stuff that eventually came up. Started off largely on economics, transition to an Olympic love vest, for about ten minutes there on hockey, and then very typical of what we warned about on State of the Union, a lot of box checking. Everything was bullet points. You had the immigration section, you had voter ID, there was some stuff on foreign policy. We're going to start with that there in a second. Then kind of wrapping it up, lots of metals. The sound guy here he goes, is it.
Speaker 1: Normal to hand out so many medals in a State of the Union. Were like, no, it's not normal.
Speaker 4: But you know, fifty of the speech was like various awards.
Speaker 1: A very large percent of the speech was handing out I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna make sure I'm gonna make an annoying point.
Speaker 6: Have you followed the Withering Heights discourse about how it's a.
Speaker 1: Movie for BP You got, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: It's a movie for TikTok.
Speaker 6: I mean you're stringing all of these scenes together because you want them to become part of the clip universe.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what say the unions.
Speaker 6: Are now because you're trying to check a box for every different cohort and then you know it's going to get targeted in this place, in this place, in this place. And so that's why the speeches, I think, at least from Trump's perspective, are getting longer, because then you have more like you can put the metal softly.
Speaker 1: I like that point a lot. That's it's not even.
Speaker 4: Really meant to be right, to be consumed as all cohesive.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I kind of confirmed it also with somebody with.
Speaker 1: Oh really, see that's actually very interesting.
Speaker 3: It actually makes it helps because you know, watching it in full, you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Man, please, But I mean, none of that was really super Yeah.
Speaker 4: There were no moments.
Speaker 2: I mean, we we grab some clips, we'll show you some clips, but there was really literally nothing that I was like, oh, that's going to be right, that's.
Speaker 1: Nothing super interesting.
Speaker 6: But he got his hockey moment, he had his Arina z Ritzka's parents, he had all of the different veterans that those will go into the veterans.
Speaker 3: If you asked me what those most viral from that speeches, probably hockey, right. Also because totistically people only well, let's think timing people are our fifty. The vast majority of people who watch, it's only going to be the first fifteen to twenty minutes before thirty.
Speaker 2: Know, Like I mean, I guess it's like sort of a controversy. But the things that usually go viral is where there's some sort of.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't mean controversy. I mean because people were like, oh, great, the hockey team is there. That's really all.
Speaker 6: It was heckled by Ilhan Omar and then I'm treamed in and said you should be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 3: That will probably be she yelled at him about Epstein. We'll get to it. We don't have that clip exactly, but by far what we were all looking for going into the speech was Iran, and we got a very limited section on Iran. So we've gone ahead and pulled it. So control and please cube that up. As I lead into it, there was some expectations, some speculation. People were worried, oh my god, are we gonna announce that we're going to war with Iran tonight.
Speaker 1: That's not really how it worked.
Speaker 3: There was even some you know, I even thought I said, maybe it's going to lay out a deadline like a declaration ultimatum of some kind.
Speaker 1: It was extremely generic.
Speaker 3: She's saying that Iran has not yet said the sacred words that they will not pursue a nuclear weapon. Not true, which Ryan will debunk on the other side. But guys, if we can go ahead and play at the iron section from the speech, and then we'll react on the other side.
Speaker 8: As president, I will make peace wherever I can, but I will never hesitate to confront threats to America wherever we must. That's why, in a breakthrough operation last yearn the United States military obliterated Rand's nuclear weapons program with an attack on a Radian soil known as Operation Midnight Hammer. After Midnight Hammer, they were warned to make no future attempts to rebuild their weapons program, in a particular nuclear weapons. Yet they continue starting it all over. We wiped it out, and they want to start all over again, and at this moment again pursuing their sinister ambitions. We are in negotiations with them. They want to make a deal, but we haven't. We heard those secret words. We will never have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 3: So a couple of things they're saying after midnight hammer that they have tried to restart their program. No evidence of that, literally whatsoever? You know, let's where's the DNI. Are they even going to trot out some fake intel? And then Ryan, if you want to redo your fact check on that latter part, perhaps you can right now.
Speaker 9: So foreign ministers say at Arakchi today, yeah, literally today before the speech actually, so they could have included this if they wanted to. Arachi said, quote, our fundamental convictions are crystal clear colon. Iran will under no circumstances ever develop a nuclear weapon. Now, when it comes to like diplomatics speak, oftentimes they try to leave some like wiggle room for interpretation. But Iran will, under no circumstances ever develop a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: Rights, not a lot of not a lot of wiggle room.
Speaker 1: Bear, It's like, what else do we want?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: I mean they put it on official letterhead and have the Ayatola sign it. Then then but of course we all know then the goalposts will. Oh, but they didn't address ballistic missiles. But they didn't address the what else? Oh, they didn't address regional proc which is fake. It's like, yeah, which regional proxy we're talking about? Syria were talking about Lebanon, which water commanding.
Speaker 9: So this this is definitely the first time in American history that a president has declared victory and celebrated his achievement of annihilating a foe at the same time that he's promising to re annihilate fo true.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the White House press release going around about how it back in June after midnight hammer Emily where they're like Iranian nuclear facilities obliterated. Any any speculation that it's wasn't true is insult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the White House.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say a little bit of breaking news, not on arambat on Venezuela. I just got a statement from a War Department of official because I asked them about it yesterday's Yeah, well, I was told I was told I could attribute it to a War Department of so on Venezuela. I had asked who they targeted yesterday specifically.
Speaker 5: Now they had a.
Speaker 6: Big guest come out Venezuela. Wise in the middle of the State of the Union, made a big deal about it. Uh, they will not tell me what group was targeted yesterday. They're setting quote uquote operations security in the boat or on land or the land or the boat strike yesterday.
Speaker 5: So this gets to us to Iran.
Speaker 6: You have this contradiction of we annihilated the nuclear site and yet now we need to strike Iran again.
Speaker 5: And the same thing with Venezuela.
Speaker 6: We have annihilated the threat of Maduro who is directing Trenda Arragua, and the director running the country says, to protect operations security in our forces, we will not discuss specific groups, targets.
Speaker 3: Orgolog By the way, Trump in his State of the Union called Venezuela new friend and partner. So we are now bombing our new friends, bombing our new and part of the Kilda morele like, just again, the Iran section of this is going to be the most important, and it was incredibly vague. There was no time that was added to it. The post about the so called claim around they haven't said the sacred words. It's like, again, I don't know what else could happen here, but this is going to.
Speaker 4: Be very disappointed that the case wasn't made right.
Speaker 3: Well, if people did not watch are pre Coosh, if people did not watch our pre show into the State of the Union, there was this pathetic effort by Mark Warner and Senator Chuck Schumer, who were like, oh, well, a lot of crazy stuff, said the president really needs to make his case to the American people.
Speaker 1: It came, I mean, I don't have the time stamp.
Speaker 3: What was an hour fifteen, probably so far into the vast majority of.
Speaker 1: People had already turned it off.
Speaker 3: Only professional news folks like us are even watching there at that point barely, I mean almost a minute maybe on Iran I would say ninety seconds, fifteen to twenty seconds there on the Russian and Ukraine war. It was minuscule I think in terms of the I'm actual part of this speech, but it was.
Speaker 1: The number one thing that we were all looking for.
Speaker 3: So unfortunately we can't really add a ton of commentary, so accepted to say what he's what he's claiming is not really true.
Speaker 1: So in terms of his demand.
Speaker 9: So this this martyr made post that came out, yeah, three or four hours ago. What can we so this is what's his name, Daryl like huge podcaster? He what can we make of this? Can we talk about this at all?
Speaker 1: Like? Yeah, it's public?
Speaker 9: I mean, how to pull up?
Speaker 4: Here's what he said?
Speaker 2: He said, Trump has been quartered his options as he sees them, are to start a war with Iran on something like our own terms, or to be dragged into it at a time in the manner of Israel's choosing, the third option, telling Israel to fight their own war, is not on the table because he believes that if he does that Israel will use nuclear weapons and he and members of his family will be in physical danger. I'm not totally sure why these two things are tied together, but anyway, The rest of the post says the military build up has had three purposes. First, he hoped that Iran would capitulate and submit to an agreement strong enough to calm the Israelis down for the time being fanciful. Second, to have enough forces to deal with the fallout if Israel attacks and Iran retali it's against American bases and allies. And finally, to potentially strike first and at least be able to control the first phase of combat. The talk of limited strikes reflects his hope that Aron can be intimidated into buckling because Trump generally does not want war.
Speaker 4: That's where we're at.
Speaker 2: I've never prayed for a politician or government before, but I prayed for Trump for the first time.
Speaker 4: Innstry you should too. So that's what he's saying based on whoever.
Speaker 6: He is obviously close to Tcker Carl Soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Look what I will say is I heard something similar in terms of what Donald I mean, Look, I alluded to it earlier in our show Crystal, is that Israel's fundamentally in control of the dynamic. When we talk about the Pentagon will deep frustration with the United State, of the deep frustration within the White House right now. And again I'm not excusing this, I'm explaining kind of the view is well, Israel may do it or not, and if they do it, then we're going to get sucked in, so we might as try well try to control the dynamic. But what this ignores, what happens if you this is the problem, is that it ignores and the third option, the actual option, which is, hey, tell Israel not to do it and decide that we're going to get them up.
Speaker 2: Say hey, if you do like, we're not going to continue to sell you weapons. We are not going to be there to make sure that you don't get hit when there is Iranian retaliation. I mean, the threat of nukes here is so insane, and let's keep in mind, like Israel doesn't, you know, supposed to be still a secret that they have nuclear weapons. But there's all this concern about Iran getting a nuclear weapon, Like you have this psychoerogue regime in Middle East already that is supposed to be our client state, and they're out here basically like low key threatening US that they're going to start some sort of nuclear conflagration if they don't.
Speaker 4: Get their way.
Speaker 3: So I don't think we should ignore in that State of the Union speech that Trump literally said Iran is trying to create an ICBM capable of hitting the United States. I know we're living in a poster like can we get some evidence of that at all, because that would actually, you know.
Speaker 1: Be a game changer. No, it's fake, right, it's literally made up? Is that? Oh they had regional ballistic missile threats? He set Europe in our bases.
Speaker 3: I think we all know who he's talking about whenever it comes to regional But they're trying to frame it very Irock War style of like, oh, well, first it's Europe and our but now.
Speaker 1: They're developing this in what did Steve what Cough say.
Speaker 3: They're weeks away from an industrial grade bomb which, as our producer Mac points out, isn't literally every state bomb and industrial grade bomb, like he can't create a bomb.
Speaker 9: He was using the wrong term, which goes to your point about like not having like not remotely experts, like using basic terms wrong. I'm not an expert, but no, industrial is not the right term. The weapons grade is what he's trying to And of.
Speaker 6: Course the goalpost in June was absolutely had to do this because of their nuclear capacity. It was specifically the threat of nuclear imminence coming from Irong.
Speaker 5: So this is it's in disagreement with their own argument in June.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and when he says that his family would be at risk, I feel like that's code for his family is vulnerable on a lot of levels. When it comes to that, you could expose things about the more they have, like business relationships that could be jeopardized. I don't think that Israel is going to go out and kill them, Like, I just don't. I'm sorry, that's that's not like, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: If I had told you Israel would nuke them, like, dude, there is a serious part. There's a serious thought here in Washington that they actually would that they really would use I mean considering what has now happened with Gaza. Now the gloves are so at seven countries models in two years.
Speaker 2: Say in different things, Oh, okay, you're totally bought into the idea they would new Gharan. Oh you don't believe they would assassinate Trump and his family. However, this is where the Epstein files kind of a play, don't they. I mean, this is the thing, This is why this the revel What we the little bit we know is so important to understand, Like what do the Israelis know? What is Trump think the Israeli's no, what is he concerned about? Because we can say without a shadow of a doubt that he is worried about what is in these files in their entirety. Look at the treatment of Glene Maxwell getting moved in the club veed or getting a puppy and treating the warden like her bitch. He is worried about some things that are in there, and he has to assume the Israelis know about that. So when some of these pieces don't add up of like okay, well if they attack Iron, why are we getting sucked into it? And how does this put you in danger? You have to put the Epstein factor into that as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean not just but that business, like you just said, the business relationships of everything.
Speaker 9: I mean, because they're not independent.
Speaker 3: These are all non in Yeah, exactly, not exactly independent. I don't want to get too far down the around rabbit, but I still believe, I mean, this is the number one most important part in the.
Speaker 1: Story in the entire country.
Speaker 3: And yeah, even within the state of the if anything, actually not having a State of the Union. There was no flagship proposal, right, there was really it was really it was a lot of box checking and if you guys want, we can turn to the economy. The first fifteen minutes or so was basically a retread the greatest economy in history.
Speaker 4: I have ware great and.
Speaker 1: Up and roaring economy is roaring like never before.
Speaker 3: Right, mortgage rates, new construction jobs, largest taxis affordability. They said caused and created. They said, Democrats caused and created the prices. You caused that problem. We did pick up though that. The White House is obviously very you know zoom, They're very paying attention, I think to some of the populous issues that we've highlighted here in our show, and there were three of them, all in a row data centers. Number one, two was stock ban, and three was about banning these private equity groups from owning large swats of housing. So we actually have a clip here on data centers. It was kind of the more populous section, if you will, of the State of the Union.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 7: Many Americans are also concerned that energy demand from AI data centers could unfairly drive up their electric utility bills.
Speaker 8: Tonight, I'm pleased to announce that I have negotiated the new rate payer protection.
Speaker 7: You know what that is.
Speaker 8: We're telling the major tech companies that they have the obligation to provide for their own power needs.
Speaker 7: They can build their own power plants as part of their.
Speaker 8: Factory so that no one's prices will go up, and in many cases, prices of electricity will go down for the community, and very substantially down. This is a unique strategy never used in this country before.
Speaker 7: We have an old grid that could never.
Speaker 8: Handle the kind of numbers, the amount of electricity that's needed. So I'm telling them they can build their own plant. They're going to produce their own electricity. It will ensure the company's ability to get electricity well at the same time lowering prices of electricity for you and could be very substantial for all of you cities and towns. You're going to see some good things happen over the next number of years.
Speaker 3: By the way, that was clearly that was immediately followed by the private equity discussion and then by the Congressional stock brate trading ban, all issues that have been bubbling up online now as usual, devil's in the details.
Speaker 1: Is it going to happen?
Speaker 3: This is a rate pledge allegedly privately agreed to by companies. Where's the fact sheet? Are they actually going to do it? Is this going to be national policy?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Part of the what have we learned about the data center fight? Data centers is a state and a local issue. Is every state in local locality actually going to be able to agree with this?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: So I'm very doubtful that this will actually become national policy. But for me, this is a reminder that they can see some of the writing on the wall. And despite the first fifteen minutes or so, which was very much like we're in the roaring economy, everything is Biden's fault. That was a mid term section where they're like we need to reclaim. But let's some ground here. There was no credit card interest rate cap, which I did take notice of.
Speaker 9: That interesting, Yeah, let's talk about whether that was actually good politics or whether this guy is living in a bubble. So, Crystal, you live in a rural area, come to royal people and say, you know what, I want to build a data center. People like Now you come to them, say I want to build a data center and right next to it a power plant. Are they more excited or less excited?
Speaker 4: It's exactly what.
Speaker 2: I was saying when there were sayings, but sort of irrelevant because I view it as a fake proposal any right, Like.
Speaker 9: We're lying about the power st right.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's a fake proposal.
Speaker 2: I think it's a you know, attempt to recognize like they recognize as a problem for them. It's a real rub, you know, in areas where they have a lot of support. There was a I think a New York Times article about some Trump supporters who were like, eh, like what he's doing on but this data center stuff is really bad, Like this is a major issue for them. They clearly have recognized it. The reason I say it's a fake proposal is this is not something you can do with an executive order.
Speaker 4: And so you're gonna know and think of what we're really talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're going to mandate tech companies to build power plants, a business they're not actually in, and they're all in this race to spin up as many data centers as fast as they can. And it's no holds barred in terms of like complete deregulation. And now you're going to add into this like and also you're gonna bul I mean, it's just it's there's no way if the if the government was going to get involved and like build out these power plans or whatever. Maybe, but but yeah, there's this would be something that would have to go through Congress.
Speaker 4: It would have to be a major proposal. All of that. You would require.
Speaker 2: Significant compulsion from the federal government to get these AI companies to do it.
Speaker 4: So I just see it as.
Speaker 9: We have the IRA still effect them one thing, but that's somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's I mean, the way that Trump could get compulsion is because all of these CEOs and companies are rushing to get his affection and be lavished in his prize.
Speaker 1: And all that. That's why I get the way he was selling it. He's like they've agreed to a rape.
Speaker 6: Again exactly, we're framing it as other under his thumb, which just somethings that they are. But to the point that Crystal made it's it's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Well, it reminds me of you know, we were talking about the Maha stuff, which we really should talk more about because it's you know, that was an important part of his coalition and not a lot of the speech.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically nothing in the speech.
Speaker 2: Remember he did that whole like, oh, the food companies decided they're just going to voluntarily get all the artificial colors and preserve ont of their foot Well that just got quietly rolled back.
Speaker 4: So you know, once business is like, uh, no things they're.
Speaker 5: On fire over the Glacis State stuf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Glacys say, thing is and we.
Speaker 2: Should be because you know, I mean, the there were tens I think tens of thousands of claims against Monsanto now there over roundup and the you know, link to cancer, and to do this and to then use the Defense Production Act to spend the stuff, I mean, it really is, it really is grotesque, and it truly is a betrayal and to see if RFK Junior just turn around and rubber stamp and say, yeah, great, I approve of it.
Speaker 3: Is well, he made it about the supply you know, not to get too off track, but they made it about the supply chain thing. But everyone was like, yo, dude, in the same executive order, you give them immunity.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's what we're set up, and that's what you should be upset about. Right, that's the whole thing. That's like as anti ma as it gets.
Speaker 3: So look, you know, we're just trying to frame it in terms of they they see a big political problem.
Speaker 1: They spent a lot of time.
Speaker 3: We had the data center thing, We had the mortgage rates. There was a discussion what is the lowest mortgage rate in a couple of years. They were talking about rent prices, so affordability. While it was you know, it's not nearly enough at the top as it should have been. Because if you think, as I always talk about with State of the Unions, people only watch like fifteen thirty minutes, So when you're like forty five to fifty sixty minutes or something into a speech, like you're going way down, like not a lot of people are going to hear this. To me, it felt very box check, and it is a preview what I think is going to be their mid term affordability strategy like going forward.
Speaker 6: So we should say this was actually officially now it was an hour and forty seven minutes. So that is the longest State of the Union on record. Second was Trump's joint address last year, which doesn't technically count as the State of the Union, but before that, Bill Clinton State of the Union in two thousand was the longest.
Speaker 5: It was an hour and twenty eight minutes.
Speaker 6: Gotcha, so significant, which people melt significantly longer, totally twenty minutes longer.
Speaker 4: We had standards.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was insanely we had stand I abruptly, this speech was very long, like you know your weathering heights point is very good. Like it was really not a cohesive speech, Like it really was just a clip Clinton Clifton.
Speaker 9: College, then promise I did not want.
Speaker 1: But they're all like this.
Speaker 2: I feel like, in fairness, they are all kind of like it's hard to like check all those boxes and string some sort of narrative together.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there didn't even seem to really be an episode.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's trying to make moments.
Speaker 4: That even another award.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all trying to create individual moments, you know, on the economic front, like we are, we are in enough of a dire uncertain circumstance with regard to the economy that even if some of these proposals were real, these kind of like gimmicky one off proposals are just not sufficient. Right, even if the credit card interest rate thing was in here, which it wasn't, and he's clearly just like abandoned that that would be something. But it's not like people are going to see that and be like, oh, my life has turned around and now I have hope for the future. They're still going to be worried about AI, which you know at this point in time. Okay, you talked about the data centers, but to not talk about any of like the labor kids, of any of the other stuff that's going on with AI. When this is a central like this is the central economic growth policy that your administration is pursuing, I think is I mean, I think it's incredibly negligent.
Speaker 5: To me.
Speaker 4: It's very noteworthy.
Speaker 2: They he spent a lot of time you brought this up soccer he didn't talk about ice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I tweeted it just to make sure I'm not getting fact checked. There was not a single mention of a lot of about immigration.
Speaker 2: There were some big you know, some of his big moments with the base were on immigration, et cetera. And I think they still feel like that, and I think it is still some of their stronger ground. But you know, he's now underwater significantly on immigration too. So the one area the well that he could always go back to, even that's not a reliable winner for him outside of his committed followers.
Speaker 3: Do we have the immigration segment? Just come into my ear and tell me if we do. Yeah, okay, So why don't we go ahead and play that. This is going to be, you know, the biggest one that you're going to see, you know, going around for a lot of the Republicans.
Speaker 1: For the reaction Trump, what did he say?
Speaker 3: He's like, stand up if you think Americans should only serve the interest of Americans. It's set off some confrontation, and ilhan Omar shouted at him, which led to some heckling.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen in that shame.
Speaker 7: You should be ashamed of yourself not standing up. He should be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 10: That is why I'm also asking you to end deadly sanctuary cities that protect the criminals and enact serious penalties for public officials who block.
Speaker 7: The removal of criminal lands.
Speaker 11: In many cases, drug lords, murders all over our country. They're blocking the removal of these people out of our country, and you should be ashamed of your Say.
Speaker 3: There's your juxtaposition. You got ill Hans who was shouting, you have killed Americans. He's saying, don't stand, please stand if you've had your moment.
Speaker 1: But I will say, if you listen to.
Speaker 9: Them, should fact it's basically, oh, sorry, go ahead, he has killed a ma oh, ok, thank you, Ryan, thank you for that fact check.
Speaker 1: Well he personally over he ordered, oh you want to get that killed the button?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: To the point about rhetoric, the word ice was not uttered, The word CBP was not uttered. The new funding for the dhs UH in terms of like the Big Ice, funding for the original bill was not discussed. The only mention of the Big Beautiful Bill was about corporate tax cut. If you think specifically about immigration and the way that it was talked about, it was very twenty twenty five it was all about open border and it was about specific victims. There was no mention whatsoever of Minneapolis, of Los Angeles, of any of the major rags that have happened across the country.
Speaker 2: There was mention in Minneapolis, right, but about exactly and which I mean is noteworthy for what you're saying. But also he did this whole like O.
Speaker 7: JD.
Speaker 4: Vans is going to be the bizarre of like finding fraud and corruption.
Speaker 2: Whatever I mean interesting, Yeah, which is interesting, and I want to get your your thoughts on that, But it's also like that was the whole pretext for you going in the minut Annapolis. So if you're going to find all this fraud, what were you people doing there?
Speaker 4: Like obviously that was.
Speaker 3: Completely but if you read into the politics of that, they're going right back to the twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five case of we have no more which is true. You know, they shut the border down, Okay, so there's no more illegal migrants were coming across the border. But the case about mastery portit the word mass deportation wasn't uttered. The singular campaign message which literally was behind Donald Trump whenever he accepted the nomination at the twenty twenty four RNC.
Speaker 1: Ice was not discussed CBP. I mean, yeah, homen right, pink that he's in Homan for some time. Sorry, all right, all right, Paul I heard, Yeah, that's what I heard.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, okay, sorry, this is a classic Evily situation.
Speaker 5: Sorry, but you know, thinking.
Speaker 3: Just thinking generally about the way that they had to frame it on immigration, that was a loss to me considering how much they have now political capital that they have spent on the issue. Nothing about Minneapolis, Los Angeles, any of the major surges that have dominated the headlines. Yeah, I mean, that's honestly shocking if you consider that, if you were to go on Twitter, or if you were to go and look at the communications of the White House on a daily basis for the last what three months, I mean, Minneapolis, immigration, ice and all that's number two of those.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's everywhere, and there's barely anything in the speech.
Speaker 5: I agree with that.
Speaker 6: I think the lack of ICE is significant. I think that moment is a win for Trump. I also think it's a win for illan Omar. I think him saying you should be ashamed, and then ill Haanomar coming back and saying, no, you should be ashamed that.
Speaker 1: I think is dollars. By the end of the day, I agree completely with that, but.
Speaker 6: It also is like with it reminds me of where we were a year ago, which was everyone talking about Ice Christinome and Doge right. And the Jdvance point is interesting because we're talking about fraud and rooting it out of government last year, all under the auspices of Elon Musk's operation and Doge so much fun, everything's great, and now JDVCE has potentially been turned into the Kamala Harris borders are a fraud, meaning fraud that happens after JD Vance has been figured as the frauds are Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is now going to He made this point live. I thought it was genius. I genuinely did not.
Speaker 3: It did not click for me, you know, to elaborate more, what you're saying is that if you're Jared Kushner and Steve Wikoff and all these other guys, all these crazy deals and crypto and the party and all this, and it's like, well, you were theizar a fraud. It's like, why did you you know the binance? Did you guys see this Binance story recently. But the CEO and he got pardoned, and then they just facilitated a bunch of money to like Iranian you know, around Iranian sanctions using cryptos.
Speaker 1: Mean it's totally nuts.
Speaker 9: Another point on top of what Emily is saying, maybe you guys disagree with me, maybe not, this is the most corrupt administration, Like okay, maybe some grand grant.
Speaker 1: Tea pot that's not let's say I could care.
Speaker 9: The reason this is the most grew up because it's the entire Senate in Congress and grant like during the teapot, don't like they're all they're all trading, like it's the whole. It's all rotten all the way through. Right now, the White House is far and away leading the charge on this crypto level of corruption like this getting the Aliens, getting the UA to buy half of their crypto thing, then going to Pakistan and telling them they got to put in a billion dollars and these guys have to put in a billion. You got you got to put a billions? Like whereas members of Congress aren't there yet, maybe give us five years.
Speaker 1: They're on a smaller scale, but not even close to this.
Speaker 9: But yeah, that's so, there's so there's so much more corrupt than even the average like Washington politician. And then you're gonna say that JD. Vance is the one who's the sheriff on all of this. If Democrats take control of the House, we're gonna have, you know, some interesting hearings. We're gonna get a lot of interesting information about the stuff that's gone on the last couple of years, and you'll be able to lay that the foot of Sheriff JD. Vance, like, hey, weren't you the corruptions are what happened?
Speaker 6: Who is also supposed to not balance the budget? Trump said that jd would root up fraud in the service of balancing the budget. So it's like the classic deep.
Speaker 4: All right, good luck, buddy.
Speaker 1: I mean you remember what Biden gave Kamala What immigration and what else?
Speaker 9: The border? Yeah, not just immigration, but actually the border, right, and she was like do not come Yeah, yeah, I got nothing else? Then what also gun safety? Which like they were not passing anything on that, like there was they were doing nothing on guns. So they're like, Kamala, you do guns. And then when it was very clear that they weren't going to do anything on voting rights. They were like, Kamala, you take voting rights. So it's like you just whatever, you are not going to get done, and it is going to get worse. You give to the person you don't like. So that's not great for JD.
Speaker 1: Vance a good point.
Speaker 7: He did not have to do that.
Speaker 1: Genuinely about that, I think it is important.
Speaker 3: But you know, in terms of reading into the tea leaves of everything, speech starts out, economy is good, it's all the Democrats fault. Then we have our Team USA hockey moment. Then we get yeah, which lasted more than to Look, I love Team USA, but a man ten minutes is too long, all right, And so then we get into what the more populous economics stuff. We have a couple of throwaway lines, one big beautiful bill that was looking the time speech by the way, right, So yeah, affordability.
Speaker 4: To here original assessment that, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, yeah, if you if you listen to the speech, we're gonna have a few clips and then that's it. And what's kind of interesting is even Trump is not really trying to make this a big deal. We were talking this morning about how big of a deal the state of the unions were under Obama, and remember they would have like a big theme and be like save American jobs, and then the president would go on a bus tour for fifty They're not even pretending now, They're like, yeah, Trump will be in Texas on Friday for a different event, and Iran will be back in the news tomorrow something like that. You know, we're we're trying to piece if anything, what we just saw was a political view into the mind of the White House of Okay, ice is a problem. We need to make immigration much more like twenty twenty five, twenty twenty four than it is twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: On that there were a bunch of administration officials who got shout owns. Christie Domes, Stephen Miller not come home and yeah, one of those points, I didn't even see Christine.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, by my account, we had Secretary Beston Rubio, Yeah, the vice president.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Well you gott the shed, Jared Kushner and see what of course, you know whatever.
Speaker 9: They are, but yeah, everybody loves Rubio. Yeah, got a hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Everywhere you got a hundred yeah, thank you, thank you, everybody. Sure by parts of ship is alive and well and one.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you know how much Christie Nome loves the spotlight, so to avoid oh my gosh, there's probably.
Speaker 5: Steaming one of the how many cabinet members at this time last year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: So I'm just you know, in terms of the internal politics, who's up, who's down, I think that's kind of noteworthy. But you know, in terms of like political impact, I don't think it's gonna matter at all. The most consequential part is that we did get a little bit on terrorists, but nothing again that was really different from what they've been.
Speaker 3: Nothing noteworthy. Didn't even attack COTUS. That could have been a viral moment. That could have been something we could have all talked about. Right, he didn't even really go out. He was like, it was very disappointing, and he looked right at him. He's very disappointing.
Speaker 1: He just moved on. There was nothing.
Speaker 4: We did have a fun zoron.
Speaker 1: Yes we have that.
Speaker 2: We have that, guys, should we go ahead and play? I actually I actually stepped down during this, So I'm.
Speaker 1: Watch this one's about voter ID.
Speaker 3: So the leading theme I'll explain the lead in was Trump was called what's he called the Save Is it the Save Act or the Save ACTA, it's a Save Act. So it was a lead in for calling of the Save Act, which is what is past the House currently in the Senate.
Speaker 1: It would need sixty votes, so it's going nowhere. Required talking filibuster. Oh okay, but I doubt that'll happen.
Speaker 3: But so it'd be like it would be what it would be, voter mandatory, voter ID proof of citizenship to be able to vote.
Speaker 1: As part of that.
Speaker 3: What it leads into was this talk about the zoron snow shoveling thing, which was a big discourse.
Speaker 1: If you're not online and you don't know what we're talking about, God bless you.
Speaker 3: It's about which you even had to explain to me because I'm not online enough.
Speaker 1: Is what was it? He announced a snow shoving program and as part of that you get paid. Is it twenty dollars an hour? The thirty Wow, that's hoestly pretty good work. So snowshovling thirty dollars an hour. But to get the job, you have to provide two forms of identification.
Speaker 9: It was even more close than that. You had to have the two of the like one and a half inch by one and a half inch passport photos, which I think is probably a corrupt bargain that some mayor made with like a cartel that owns those little photo shops.
Speaker 3: Oh really, because what like I mean, yeah, yeah, wait, you need a passport photo to get paid from the city.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 9: That is like some dinking level like that that has to go back.
Speaker 1: I love some they're keeping CBS. They don't have CBS in New York.
Speaker 3: What's it called Swayne Reed or whatever wayny anyway, so that was the leading to this zorun moment.
Speaker 1: Let's take a lesson.
Speaker 8: And even the new Communist mayor of New York City, I think he's a nice guy.
Speaker 7: Actually speak to him.
Speaker 8: Alt they had policy, but nice guy just said, they want people to shovel snow.
Speaker 7: They got hit hard. Want them to shovel snow.
Speaker 8: But if you apply for that job, you need to show two original forms of IDA and a Social Security card. Yet they don't want identification for the greatest privilege of them all, voting in America.
Speaker 7: Now, it's no good, no good.
Speaker 8: Both Republicans and Democrats overwhelmingly agree on the policy that we just enunciated, and Congress should unite.
Speaker 7: And enact this common.
Speaker 8: Sense country saving legislation right now, and it should be before anything else happens.
Speaker 1: There you go, a nice guy. Still talk to him a lot, the Communists. But he's a good guy.
Speaker 9: I love I lived in Yeah, that's so sweet.
Speaker 5: All the time, he's a nice guy.
Speaker 1: I talked to him, talk to him all the time. He's a good guy. I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It means all accurate.
Speaker 2: On a more serious note, with regard to all the election and the voter stuff, I mean, he did make this point of like the Democrats can never win if they don't cheat. And you know, as we're watching heading into the mid terms and all the Shenanigans are already pulling and the seizing of the you know, voter roles and variety of states and a lot of red states going along with whatever they're doing, purging people who belong on the rolls, the seizing the Fulton County voting machines, abouts from twenty twenty, whatever Tulsi Gabbard's up to potential Maduro deal, there is a lot to be concerned about with regard to whether the midterm elections are going to be free and fair, what sort of we know they're going to be Shenanigans.
Speaker 5: Hero going to pull He droked about a third term in the speech he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I know that a bunch of Democratic ags are sort of like wargaming. You know what the possible scenarios are. And I think we've all we were talking before. He is aware that his political positioning is quite bad at this point. He's aware of the historical trends. He's talked about that too, of the party in power. He's aware that people aren't buying what he's selling. He's a bit confused by that, but he, you know, clearly has some awareness that it's not looking good. And certainly he knows that if Democrats take back even one chamber, then yeah, you're you know, any agenda that you had potentially going through Congress, not that much has gotten past your congress anyway, grinds to a hall. You've got all these investigations, it's going to be you know, a lot less fun.
Speaker 1: I think I think they don't even care about agenda.
Speaker 3: I think all they care about is not having to literally live on Capitol Hill for investigations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is a huge I mean it's going to be a nightmare.
Speaker 6: But if Dunfrey take the Senate, and that's not out of the realmant possibility, you have a literal impeachment on the table.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not just how well, way, how many votes do you you need?
Speaker 9: Sixty seven thought two thirds sixty zero, you would get a trial.
Speaker 1: You would have to the trial.
Speaker 9: The trial the way on this nobody's talked about this, but on this voting bill that he wants to do that the main thing it would do is make it more difficult to register to vote if you're a woman who has changed her name at some point. But the problem is that I actually haven't looked into this.
Speaker 1: How why because of passports certificate?
Speaker 9: It's just it's yeah, because you have to get your birth certificate and your passport.
Speaker 6: If you are one of the people who doesn't have a real ID or a driver's license, who doesn't have real idea, there are a couple of states that don't realize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is one of them. You don't have to have.
Speaker 9: Of the of the people that this would affect, the ones that would affect the most are women who changed their name to get married. Okay, eighty percent of Democrats change their name when they get married. Ninety percent of Republicans changed their name when they get married. Married women went for Trump over Harris. He won this group, and the ones that are more likely to have changed their names are more likely to be Republican.
Speaker 5: Oh, the same act was.
Speaker 9: So he yes, I think this is like thirty year old legislation that they just took off the shelf and didn't update. Democrats could let it through and it would hurt Republicans more, is my point.
Speaker 3: Well, I've always talked about that with mail in ballots. Remember back in twenty twenty, Trump literally would have won the store the state of Georgia if just the number of people who voted by mail had actually voted, because it was a significant number.
Speaker 1: About whatever, it's not even worth getting into.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean, yeah, that we don't have to build up rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: It sort of reminds me of the redistricting thing, where like, you know, Texas, now that the Latino support for the Republicans has fallen through the floor, oh, through their lines based on you know, something approximating Trump's Latino support in state of Texas could end up really screwing themselves with the redistricting, not to mention that Democrats, you know, came in on and were like, okay, bet you know we're going to this is California, Virginia. That's not the thing, you know, Spamburger's uh going with legislation seats.
Speaker 3: And I think that what California's map got held up by Scotus recently, I believe, or it was when I think their affirmation was held No, no, not held up. I mean it was affirmed. They were like, yeah, to go through any final thoughts, what do you guys think?
Speaker 5: I mean, it didn't. I agree with everyone that.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's changed every it didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was the transformation. This is transformed.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, after watching Biden's brain melt in this very desk, I'm not sure it'll ever.
Speaker 1: Nothing was legendary.
Speaker 5: We were all eating like the takeout food and like whoa, I thank god.
Speaker 4: We had the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was that fame of you and me being like covering our faces like this. I was like, I mean, we knew it was bad, but we didn't know. It was that.
Speaker 9: You knew that you knew the cover up that you'd been engaging in had finally been.
Speaker 4: Exposed to tell people that he's it's over. They like, this is the best Biden's ever been, isn't that?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the best Biden.
Speaker 9: At works us all from from ten to two from a big.
Speaker 4: Window from one pm to one.
Speaker 5: Fifteen pm, is.
Speaker 6: My takeaway talking in fact, the State of the Union is now a fucking clip show.
Speaker 5: Like it's a clip show.
Speaker 6: You're totally That's where we are, absolutely, and I mean whatever, yeah, I went you like.
Speaker 5: That's what everything is about. It's all I could.
Speaker 3: We'll go back tomorrow, you know the news. Maybe tomorrow there'll be some something. Yeah, we all tomorrow State of the Union. Yeah, yeah, after that, like by Thursday. I'm predicting it's not even a single mention.
Speaker 4: I will say.
Speaker 2: One thing I saw someone made a comment of on Twitter is, you know, one of the special guests there was Erica Kirk, wife of Charlie Kirk, widow of Charlie Kirk, and there is a disgusting irony to having her there at a speech where he's you know, very like going to war with Ron at a time when you know, I mean, Charlie was one of those people who came in the White House and got barked at because he was opposed to the previous war. To necess to now have her at that speech when you know we're all basically expecting that this is coming any day, is.
Speaker 1: Really good point. Honestly, he would have been.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, you know, you could say a lot about the guy, but on this topic he actually was. I mean, look, he at times would go silent when the administration would ask him to, but his actual opinions on the matter were especially on Iran, were pretty rock solid, especially Lindsay Graham going after Itol saying there should be no regime change. I have really noticed it. Actually, I feel like the anti war movement is evaporated. Yeah, there's nothing left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, I'm not here to like, you know, give Charlie Kirkle the greatest credit in the world, but it is noteworthy.
Speaker 4: I think two things happened.
Speaker 2: I mean, number one, he was killed, and number two, there is this sense that like, oh, the Twelve Day War was fine, Like you guys were wrong, And I think that's cowed a lot of people into silence.
Speaker 4: That you just don't see the.
Speaker 2: Same level of friction on the right that you did in the build up to the Twelve Day War, and the Democrats.
Speaker 1: So someone has to be disbelief, like, are we really doing this?
Speaker 6: We do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's the public. I do think that there's that sense of that.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: I keep saying that people are not paying attention even with this speech, like we just did the war.
Speaker 9: We're doing another war, dude, Ryan.
Speaker 3: They barely paid attention to that one. Think about how much stuff has happened in the interim. No Americans died, that's their favorite talking point. Nobody died in the bombing. Why were you so upset about it? And I was like, because I knew that this shit wouldn't end. I knew that we were going to be back here at the troupe. But think about how deeply you have to pay attention all this negotiation and oh, their meet They're like they're meeting again?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: Okay? Whatever?
Speaker 3: A scarier strike group. When's it getting there? You know, people have a lot going on in their lives. So until the bombs really start flying, I don't think people. I really, if you took a poll, I don't think ninety percent.
Speaker 9: Of people in this case we have we must have tens of thousands of people over there by now, yeah, we did like on all the different shows.
Speaker 1: We have tens of thousand people there normally, but now we have an extra on top of that. This is the problem. I mean yeah, I mean there's no case being made. There's no hearing. Uh.
Speaker 3: The opposition party is saying that he needs to make a case. There's no organized effort. What there's that story out this morning or this afternoon that what was it? They're trying to kill the Rocanna Thomas Massey more powers resolution vote because they don't want anybody to go on the record. We're being slept walk into the entire thing. It's very very World War One. Ass could go up in Venezuela still too, Oh of course it could. What I mean, yeah, we all trust the great stewardship of Marco Rubio down in Venezuela and his ability to broker oil deals.
Speaker 1: I mean, any of these things can collapse. Look at Mexico.
Speaker 3: They killed the cartel guy and the you know, the city went on fire like it could have been ten times word American tours could have been killed. We could have been a full full blown conflagration. You have no idea when something is going to pop off. Any last thoughts, Ryan, That's all I got all right. Thank you guys so much for watching eleven forty seven pm. Brutal, brutal man late.
Speaker 1: In the loon probably election night, honestly, for the last episod. I'm awake at this ungodly hour before this.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: You are insane. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy behavior anyway, right as a parent, dude, I don't know how you.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you're pulling the schedule.
Speaker 8: Don't know.
Speaker 1: He's not your wife is the same.
Speaker 5: And he's a mogul, now that's true. He's a medium mode.
Speaker 1: All right. Thank you guys so much for watching. We appreciate you all very very much.
Speaker 3: We'll have some clips up tomorrow, full show on Thursday, every we'll see all that