Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, oh we're back. We're black, We're brown ambition. I don't know what happens to the high know, hey, mandra.
Speaker 2: It's the humidity. It's gotta be.
Speaker 1: Not that I've had, I know, but it's extra gone today.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, I was just scribbling down. I wanted to mention I'm one of those people who only cares about astrology when has something good to say about me and my prospects for the future. But not only is it it's Leo season, but I read that the new moon is in Leo. Okay, don't ask you what that means, but the new moon is like a certain it's whatever. The moon is doing some stuff, and Leo likes it. And it's a great time for like business and financial planning, and we're all supposed to be like in a more fruitful kind of I don't know, energy to have new business ideas or money ideas or career stuff. So you, guys, if you're feeling like you want to make a big money decision or a big money bet like today, I mean this month, it might be the month for you. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: But I didn't win the lottery though, that one billion dollars? Did you play? I played?
Speaker 2: Did you know? I feel like you're either I'm either going to play all the time or I'm never going to play. And I just decided a while back, I guess because growing up as a kid, like when my dad would open up the car door, lottery tickets would just fall out because they would just be stuffed into the you know, the little cubby there, and it just never No, I have never played.
Speaker 1: Only I only play when it reaches something astronoc because I don't pay attention. So this is like the second time, maybe I played second or third time when because like I remember before when it reached like a billion, and I was like, oh so it it grabbed my attention. I said, you know what, I do it because it's it's at a billion. That's a cute little number. And so I put twenty dollars on it. Obviously I didn't win, but they won in Illinois, where my sister lives. So we called her. We were like, tell us she won, and she was like no. But it was like at a corner store next to where she used to live that sold the winning ticket. I was like, oh, dang, this close to being a billion.
Speaker 2: Shut up twenty six.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just that one well one one winner won like a billion dollars one point three three seven billion dollars and we'll probably never find out who it was. If you won, I feel like, wouldn't you be anonymous girl illing on BALI?
Speaker 1: I'd be like, hello, I mean, Bollie, don't tell anywhere, right, I'm saying Bali, I'm saying, but secretly i'd be in Mexico Lion talking about I'm in BALI like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Witness protection for billionaires.
Speaker 1: So I well, I mean I would just leave just so people can't, you know, try to like squeeze me through some So yeah. I The first person I would call, honestly is my financial advisor. Because I'm such a nerd. I'd be like, wait, I would set aside some fun money, like maybe half a million, you know, just a little something.
Speaker 2: I guess. The first question is lump sum or annuity.
Speaker 1: If I was a begder thirty, I would do annuity over thirty lump sum, baby, because it's like it's a twenty year page through. Yeah I did. I was like, you know, what if I get this money, I'm like, because I'm like, I'm forty two now, so twenty years, I'm like, eh, you know, I'm responsible, So I'll give you my money. Now, I think that's like six or seven hundred million. That's what I think the lump sum is. Then it doesn't include taxes, which are like at least half that, so you're looking at maybe like two hundred three hundred million dollars, which is plenty, but annuity. If I was under twenty or under thirty, I would do annuity because I don't know I'd had all my sense yet, so I'd be like, I messed up the year one, okay, okay. Oh near two, okay, you're too I messed up okay, okay, But year five I got it. And so that way, every year I have a chance to, like, you know, to make it right. So that's what I would do. What about you, I think I would.
Speaker 2: Just take the lump sum because I'd be afraid someone would just someone would miss up some paperwork or someone would die, and then like seven years down the line, no more millions. You know. I don't know. And my husband did ask me. We were on like a little road trip this weekend, and one of the random questions that you asked. He was like, you know, how would our life change if we had a billion dollars? I couldn't think of. I was like, life's pretty good. I guess we'd like get a bigger house. You'd probably have a few Tesla's in the driveway. I don't know, like but I don't know. I I it's almost that amount of money. I would, I would, I would want advisement. You remember Amazon Jeff Bezos's ex wife, Mackenzie. I feel like her approach was she seemed to have taken her time, but then very quickly started just like setting up trusts and giving money away and finding out a way to put that money to good use because it would feel like unearned and I would want to give it, give it away, you know, some of it, and I would do that. Yeah, I'd still be able to take care of a few generation of woodroff Santoisis. I feel like, and then I still want to turn around and do something good with that money, because it's so so any It could have been anyone, you know what I mean, like.
Speaker 1: Anyway whoever, and really just being like a school teacher or whatever and being like, let me just check. I don't even know. I would just be shaking, I disbelief.
Speaker 2: I probably would have lost a lot of ticket to be fair, and.
Speaker 1: I know, Lord knows, i'd be like it would have been in the laundry. I'd been, wait, where's my ticket?
Speaker 2: Where's my ticket?
Speaker 1: So I don't even know how to play it. I just to go how exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I hate when people give me gift cards. I'm like, oh, so you really just don't want me to have anything good.
Speaker 2: You just want to give that money to the company. And I'm never going to use it.
Speaker 1: I'm never going to use it. I never I was proud of myself. I was at Target this weekend and by some miracle chance, I said, wait, I had like four Target gift cards and.
Speaker 2: It made five dollar ones.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, and well just also to like return ones and and so like I was whatever I was buying, it was like five dollars by the time I was done, because you know, I was not spending five dollars at Target. Oh. But I was so proud of myself. I said, tifay, this has been years in the making. This is like years in the making. You've got a work card. Yeah. I felt so good. I was it went from like sixty four dollars to like four ninety nine. I was like, look at me winning my life.
Speaker 2: I could live off that high for like a month. This morning I needed to get a toothbrush, and do you know what I did do? And I'm very proud of myself. This is how Target gets me. And I think you mentioned it actually during our oh yeah shout out to our YouTube live for last last Thursday Recession Day. You guys can catch that episode. It aired on Friday. Anyway, I remembered like at Target, they suck you win with the low prices, right. I need a new toothbrush because I lost mine in camping whatever. And I was like, oh, be cheaper a Target. But there is no way in Haities I would go into a Target for one toothbrush and not walk out with seventy eleven home goods and clothes for Rio, a club dog toy for Mollie, and whatever they have in the clear insection. So I went to CBS and I spent way too much on a damn four pack of toothbrushes. And I feel like by spending, yeah, by spending more, by just going to CBS where there's so many fewer distractions, I save so much money, and I'm like, is this it is this the key to me to maintaining my shopping budget in an inflation deemic.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know, I know because apparently we're not in there. Like I said in my Live, I was like, it's not a recession, but look a recession. E.
Speaker 2: We did have some good news on Friday for you guys who have been We've been trying to tell y'all, don't check your retirement accounts, don't check your your investments. I have not taken my own advice, and every once in a while, because I'm a masochist, I would go and check mine and see just how much money I've lost. But on Friday, all of the major indices, so the Dow, the S and P, the Nasdaq, they all were up and the S and P had its best month of twenty twenty two. It was up nine point one percent. So just goes to show y'all these cycles are going to happen. It ain't gonna be the last time we'll have a downturn. But that coupled with the fact that they're still strong demand for workers. I mean, it's just such an interesting like economics stew right now. But it's not all it's not all bad at all. There's there's some stuff to be happy.
Speaker 1: About, speaking about like workers. I was at what was I at Marshall's. I was in Marshall's and Clark and I ran. I was going to the jusson one. I was like, I saw this woman. I was like, I know your face. She's kind of your face too, And I was like, where are you from? And so we were like kind of go back and forth, you know, do that, like where'd you go to school? What about this? What about this? And then I was like, what do you work? And she's like, oh, I'm a principal at this school in Belleville. And I was like, that's where I know you from. I went to my Amelia shout to you me Me. That's my Mini Me twin, my sassy Mini Me twin. She was in kindergarten last year and they had like a summer concert where it was outside, like on the blacktop, and all the parents came. And I remembered her because she was such an engaged educator, Like you know, I didn't know she was a principal at the time, but she was like so loving to the students and like she just seemed awesome. And I remembered her from that and she was like, oh, I was like, oh, you know, you know I used to be a teacher. She's like, a you're looking for a job. And I was like, I thought she was joking. She's like, no, we're losing teachers like hotcakes. Honestly. She's like, if you every want a return, she said, Tiffany can't. We can't keep teachers if you're looking for a job. And I just thought, wow, like it's a little scary because I don't know if you saw. There was an article that I read like two or three days ago that a teacher in Ohio quit his job after he went to school for five years, got his degree, had his master's, was making forty three thousand dollars a year. Quit that job too, work at Walmart as a manager where he did not need a degree, and he's making fifty three thousand. So he quit over fifty three or fifty five. He's making twelve thousand more dollars a year as a as a manager at Walmart. And he's like, I actually loved teaching and wanted to teach and to be here for the kids, but I can't afford to live at that level. And so it's just like, what's going to happen, Like if we don't pay teachers more, we don't create a better environment. This is not like packing boxes, like teachers are essential workers. And so it was a little scary that she was literally like, you want a job and met the fact that this young man who's only twenty eight years old, you know, had to quit like his dream job because it wasn't enough to sustain himself.
Speaker 2: I was just at I work with I work, I live in a neighborhood. But there's this a little group of moms and several of them are teachers. And to hear them, I didn't realize how many teaching jobs require a master's or like an advanced degree. That to me, I'm like, I mean, I understand it, but the pay the math does not math. And you're so right, I mean, and it's it's this generation of would be teachers that I worry about, like gen z, who are trying to decide their own career paths. How why would you tell them to go into teaching other than like for the pe or love of it, you know, because the pay and this, like New York Times front page this weekend was like teachers are strapped now, teachers prepared for elementary school trying to carry weapons into school for their own safety. You know, I don't know what we're gonna do, but I do feel like there has to be some sort of inflection point. And it's all state, right, It's like what states decide to pay their teachers. It's all at the state level.
Speaker 1: So I need sairly because there's definitely like district by district can decide. Like I remember at one point, Westfield where I grew up, was paying like forty and Newark was paying fifty five thousand. So it's not I think that there's a basic framework at the state provides, but the districts can make have the final say.
Speaker 2: Right because like property taxes, all fee into how much you can pay in the lower income places get the least resources. All of that. Yeah, well to those educators who are still hanging in there, thank you so so much. I didn't even mind that they raised the fee at daycare this past month. I felt some type of way about it, but I was like, go and give me Shelley a raise.
Speaker 1: For real. It's hard. Honestly, people don't realize, like it is so difficult to teach because it's not a profession that you can kind of leave your heart at home. So it just weighs so like it's weighs on you personally, professionally, emotionally, like honestly, like a good teacher actually loves her kids, like you know, especially if you're teaching the little ones, Like you drop your three year old, that's our three year old, just so you know, like that's my baby too, Like I love your kid, you know, like I pray for your kid, I buy things for your kid. I think about them when I'm at home, and like, you know, I wonder why Riyo, you know, seems sad today? Is he okay?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I want to talk to Mandy when she comes in to make sure, like that's how like you know, like teachers who are really invested how they navigate, So it weighs heavily, Like when kids are not okay, we're not okay either, you know. We worry about your kids. So like that's not your guess our kid, you know, And that's what you're wanting from a really good teacher, someone that like loves your kid is invested in your kid, and then because they're gonna notice things maybe that you might not have noticed. And you know, nothing like helps to advance a baby further like love and like a loving environment, you know. And so yeah, so just really really really shout out to the teachers out there, because I just know how hard the job is. If you're at least teaching you little ones, at least you get that love back instantly, because you know, the babies love you right back. So like, you know, Monday Simillion, she don't tell me she loves me, but meanwhile Miss Natalie gets cards talking about I love you so so so so so so so much. I was like me with so much right, I was like, where's mine? She looks at me, like, girl, you're sweating me. This is miss Natale.
Speaker 2: The day that my child says they love their teachers.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll say, wow, Okay, but no, we love miss Natalie because you know that means that that speaks volumes that she's writing you like a note saying that that that she feels loved in that environment, and so she's sending that love back. So just shout out to the It's a really awesome teacher teacher the Principles.
Speaker 2: But I hope their teachers didn't download the new Beyonce album over the weekend because they were destructing out of that school parking lot.
Speaker 1: Somewhere else they had sat it again.
Speaker 2: I uh yeah, I told myself I was gonna wait until we were taking a little road trip.
Speaker 1: We went to the.
Speaker 2: Catskills for our annual glamping trip. But I forced my husband to go on. He loves it, and uh, I couldn't listen to the album with him because he's like not interested in Beyonce. And I was like, I just can't share this with you. So I put in my airpod's pro with that noise canceling feature. I couldn't hear a thing except for the except for the music. But then I felt like a dummy because it is so meant to be dancing in the club. It is not meant to be sitting in a car ignoring your spouse and child. It's uh, it's because I'm taking money.
Speaker 1: I know, all right, I'm like, where's the concert? Like just just tell me. Like I'm trying to live more fully, like live well, now that's like my new tagline for myself, my personal self live well now, and so did I tell you that? Because so we all want to visit. I was paid by financial institution to fly out to Chicago to speak and I did. But my sister Karen lives right outside Chicago, so the rest of us I was like, let's all go. Unfortunately, Tracy couldn't go because you got COVID last minute. So it was me, Carol, Lisa, the kids, Karen and her daughter and her husband. It was awesome to visit them, but I was like, we never got our full on sister like hangout and we have not done like a sister trip in like since my college, I feel like. And so I was like, I was talking to my sister Carol about it. She's like, we should do something, and especially when the summer's out, that way the kids can be like maybe sat by like grandparents and stuff. And so we decided we are going to see Usher at his residency in Las Vegas. I am oh so excited. I know. So I got the tickets taking applications for so like I got us the tickets. My friend Cabral gets like free like hotel rooms or whatever, because of course he does, because he's Cabral. That's just him and so he got us like some hotel rooms. I just got to get our flights. But it is going to be at time I cannot so this week, I want I tell you, Yeah, so it's in. I want to say the end of August. We're going on like a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: So what is so freaking amazing?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. So because I've heard such good thing. Have you seen the tiny desk as tiny desk? Ah?
Speaker 2: Yes, I watched Usher's tiny desk in his I mean wat. I know I tried to do try to do an Instagram reel with that, and I felt so dumb. So anyway, shout out to Usher. He still got it. I have seen like the Usher versus justin Timberlake, or like Twitter controversy. They're not actually doing a versus, but I think it was like Twitter, you know, black Twitter, trying to see who would who would outshine. I'm team Usher.
Speaker 1: I'm team Usher too.
Speaker 2: Im.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong. You know JT, that's you know, his music is cool. But Usher has been well. Also has JT. I was gonna say since he was a kid. But I'm excited because I feel like there's an eleven year age gap from the oldest to the youngest of my sisters. And I feel like Usher is an artist that like, despite that age gap, we can all be like you LEARNI no like these Ah my goodness is like you know, I mean, honestly, I'm so excited because we haven't done this. We're gonna have like a sleepover in the in the hotel rooms and you know, and I'm gonna I want us to go like none of us have been. Well, Tracy's been to Vegas and I've been, but I went for a conference, so I didn't get to go outside and see, like, you know, all that what is all Vegas? So I'm gonna plan for us to go like one of those hop on, hop off tours so we could just like you know, absorb whatever the strip looks like. And so we're just gonna have such a fun I'm excited, excited, excited.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds amazing. I'm glad you guys are doing that. That's so sweet. Yeah. I haven't really taken vacation, but I did make time to go to see my sister and my brother in Saint Louis. They had to deal with my cranky butt, but you know, family is so important. You got to take that time and to do it with your sisters, no.
Speaker 1: Kids, no kids. Although I'm not gonna lie. My sister Carol was nervous because she did like a test run with the grandparents and so she was like, you know, we'll sleep over tonight, and she said she just She's like, okay, you guys watch them. I'll be downstairs doing work and she hears all this running up is down the stairs. She asked the kids, She's like, what are you guys doing. They're like playing, like where's grandma and grandpa? They said, taking a nap.
Speaker 2: She was like, wait, oh no.
Speaker 1: Mommy, you cannot sleep with the kids to here. But it was like you were here. She says like yes, but you supposed to pretend like I'm not here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing. She can't be there. They're never going to do a good job unless you remove yourself out in the situation.
Speaker 1: Told Roman, she said, if this happens when mommy's not here, call me on FaceTime. And he's like, do not like Amelia go outside, because see Roman is like Chucky. It's not such a good idea from from rug Rats. He is very responsible.
Speaker 2: Create like serial killer Trunk she's.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, meaning like you know. So she's like Roman is like no, but Amelia is like they're asleep. Let's go all okay, yes, She's like, matter of fact, let's walk to the park because my parents their backyard backs into like this big, huge park and let's pet every dog along the way and chase squirrels. Like a million would be outside rolling in the dirt if you let her. So she was like, if that ever happens, you and Amelia, you stay inside and you call me on FaceTime. And so they're gonna do another test run. And there's because we're going to my sister Tracy, Carol and I are going to invest Fest this weekend. Woo woo. If you guys are not familiar, I'm one of our you know me and Mandy's a uh faith podcast Earn your Leisure. They're having like their conference called invest Fest, and so I'm speaking at invest Best and I'm bringing Tracy and Carol along. So they're gonna do a really good test runt because Lisa the baby is going to be checking in and making, you know, kind of being there. So my parents get a chance to like have a real test on without her there. But with Lisa as the supervisor. Can imagine that like Lisa has to supervise my parents, the baby or the family is supervisor my parents.
Speaker 2: I mean, it sounds like she just needs to like not tell them that she's there, but just have the mother surveillance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know we're gonna we all see because she's like, I have other trips I need to take and I need you guys to get it together. We never because they never really watch the kids. They I mean, we always go visit, but they never have the kids like by themselves. So we've been seeing.
Speaker 2: Her relying on your parents when they tell you have the kid, will help take care of them. Don't trust it. Start saving for babysitters and professionals very quickly. Parents age, they're tired. It's not the same anymore, you know, Like I.
Speaker 1: My dad looks like I didn't realize kids have so much energy. I know it. I was like, you forgot, Daddy, Like it's like it's been a long time. I was like, yeah, it has been a long time.
Speaker 2: Lower and lord, well that's cool about it. Investmest So what's that all about.
Speaker 1: So it is although like it has invested in the name it's really a conference. It's a financial education conference. Oh, which I love. It's like the foil to the the other conference that we no longer speak about mm hm.
Speaker 2: And so the main the one that I'm going to in September.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go. I have a little brid there, tiff No, No, no, I'm not. I don't think it's bad that you go to invest Fest. I'm saying, are you. I would be scared to go personally because I feel like I'd be attacked. But no, I'm like, you're gonna go without the theater. Not not because I think that you shouldn't go. I think that you should go. I'm just like, ooh cha, I feel like I would be tossed out by my like by my neck.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, with all that stuff. With yes, all that past history. You guys can go check out some past episodes of Brown Ambition for all that tea. But no, I don't think. I don't think anyone remembers me. It's been so long. So I'm just gonna go and be in the crowd and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell them, tell them, you know, the people that still like me. That Tiffany says from a safe because honestly, I do what my favorite part of that combat was honestly was that, like, honestly that there's so many amazing people, Like that's what's so awesome.
Speaker 2: Party that conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the parties are really good too. So investments. It's happening the fifth, sixth, and seventh, and it is big. I mean, honestly, it's gonna be awesome. Like they have a VIP name with t Paine. I think he's a musical guest. Steve Harvey is speaking on Saturday, Tyler Perry speaking on Sunday. I'm speaking on Saturday morning. So it thin that be a good time, Okay, Charlamagne the God is speaking. Yeah, just so many amazing, amazing, amazing t I Okay, dj Envy Dame Day. Okay, It's just gonna be like awesome time. And so it's not just about investing. It's yeah, personal finance, specifically for black and brown folks. And you know, I feel like, you know, a large part of their audience are black and brown men, which I love to see. We love to see it. So shout out to the ear Ner Loser Guide, Rashad and Troy and yeah, you know, I will report back how awesome invest.
Speaker 2: Best was where's it gonna be? Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Atlanta? The at al shorty, Well how fun?
Speaker 2: Say hello? I must today I will all right, Well should you're taking a little break, Well, let's not really a break, that's a working break. But uh, let's take a little break and be right back with y'all's brown boost brown.
Speaker 1: Break indeed, Booster up, break up, booster boost. I wish see if you guys watched us on YouTube, you can see how we jam during these times. You know what I mean that me and Manny be like, okay, snaked out.
Speaker 2: Snaked at it again, work like I was jamming because I was trying to close some tabs.
Speaker 1: A little shoulder pop. So it's boosty breaking time. You know, I have not been breaking a lot lately, and I'm not finn to start up. I'm gonna boost this week. I'm going to boost. Then I am going to be like joining TikTok more officially. And here's why, because I am I wasn't gonna really dooin TikTok. So I'm like, girl, I'm tied. But then I realized that it's going to be a really great tool for me and my bonus baby Alyssa my bonus daughter to connect. You know, Like we were talking the other day and she was like, I really want to make some Yes, I really want to make some money. And I was like I had thought about it before, and I was like, you know what, I said, well, I need a TikTok manager. She was like I'm listening, and I said, you know, we if we could create tiktoks. But I was like, you would have to do everything. You'd have to be the direct You'd have to I would tell you the subject matter. I want you to do the research on it. You'd have to do the caption, the sound, everything. And she was like, girls, say, let's Alyssa's been on TikTok before. It was called TikTok and it was called musically and it was just like a musical platform. Since she was like eight, Okay, she has been born for this time. I don't know anybody is more perfect to be a TikTok manager than a sixteen year old girl, okay. And so she was just like I was. I told her like I sent her to all these different pages. I was like, check out, man, these pages, like, okay, it's cute. I just sent her to tories page. I sent her other financial pages and non financial pages to kind of get a gauge, like I'm like, I'm not going to be dancing on here girl, Like it's financial education, but you know, because I'm not my two steps. You know, it's cute for little shoulder pop, but I'm not really like a I want to hit it, you know what I mean, Like, you know, y'all don't want to.
Speaker 2: See that, and so whatever feels right. One of the documents decided, do you want to do a dance? So just do the dance.
Speaker 1: I don't know because I'm like, I think people don't realize how little I don't have this much rhythm as my background.
Speaker 2: It made me you may be moved to shimmy for the time.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, but like a whole number punted out. But I'm excited, honestly. So we had our first so, you know, first we had to work on pricing. I was so proud of her. I said, look at list. I said, Okay, think about how much She's like, how much do I get paid? I said, let's negotiate. Think about it. You would be proud of her, Mandy, So I told her, you know, think about it. And then come back to me. She said, well, one, I know, I don't want to be paid hourly And I said why. She said, because when I work for Tracy and you know, my publicist shout out to Tracy lap Or. So She's like, when I work for Tracy, I was very fast, Like she would give me a task that she was anticipate would take me two or three hours, and it would take me thirty minutes. And I feel like that I was almost penalized for doing good work fast. And I was like, look at her smarty pants. Yes, and Tracy said that. She was like, honestly, I listen, did great work, and she was so fast. I felt bad by how little I paid her, you know. So I said, okay, so not hourly and she's like, you know, I think I want to be paid per TikTok And I said okay. So she said, you know, it's talking to my uncle. He was like, so, I didn't realize this is called anchoring until I spoke to like one of my friends who is also a career coach. She was like, I was talking to uncle Naby. This is like Jerell's twin brother. And he was like, I told him all that's required. And she was like, what about eighty dollars of TikTok? And I was like, girl, your bucket. I didn't realize she was dropping that anchor to be like, I know she's not gonna pay eighty, but if I say my real number on the front, forty girl. So she dropped in eighty and I was like what she paused. She was like what about She's like, he talking about eighty? Pause? And I was like, he's crazy, I said, is it? And then she said isn't he? I was like, oh, I see what she's doing. And she was like, I was thinking closer to twenty five. So she made that huge gap for me to be like, oh, twenty five SEMs so low in comparison to the eighty that she initially said. And I told her, honestly, I don't want to spend more than one hundred bucks a week. I would like to produce about five tiktoks? So what about twenty? And she was just like, let me pause for a moment so I could praise dance. I said, oh, she got me because she was expect twenty. She was like, so she's gonna be doing about five tiktoks? A week twenty bucks. She's one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Year old, and said, go for fifty.
Speaker 1: Man. He's like, tell her to cool.
Speaker 2: What's a lot of work as someone who does TikTok's on the regular tip. Let me tell you it's worth skill. But you we're gonna be up for a raise within a few months.
Speaker 1: And I didn't tell her that. I was like, that's like, you know, if you do a really good job, you could be up for a raise. And then I told her the bad news, which was so, well, it's not bad news, good news for me, which is twenty percent of your money. So if you make your hundred dollars twenty dollars, it has to go up. We're going to put it in your you know, in a raw I ry for you. She's like what, And then I said, then, because you're gonna be paid as a contractor, thirty percent you have to set aside for taxes. She was like what. So she was like, so if I get one hundred dollars, I only get fifty. I was like, welcome to the real I's go talk to.
Speaker 2: The negotiation table. Yeah no, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 1: So I'm really excited. Yeah, honestly, I'm not like the tick talk part. I'm just like whatever. To me, it's I'm you know, it's it's gonna be fun or whatever. But really, to me, this is because you know, she's a teenager and to connect genuinely authentically, you know, it's like, how do you find things to do besides go to the mall and go shopping? And so now every Saturday or Sunday we meet up. She comes to like my coworking space, We have lunch, we talk about boys in school and everything else. And for like, like last it took us yesterday maybe like thirty minutes to take the five. She was telling me like I did some research about the sounds that are trending and blah blah blah. So she had done all this like work behind the scenes, so it was really easy just to do what she told me to do. And then we spend the rest of the time just hanging out, and I just it just feel my heart because I just thought, oh, this is awesome. Plus I get to sneak in some financial education for her, because she's like, I did this information about the recession and what it means, and so I think the first one this should be the sound. I said, Oh, my gosh, it's happening, you know, Like, I'm just really excited. So, like I said to me, the tiktoks are like secondary to like the relationship building we get to build. So I'm just excited about that. And she's excited about money, which is good. Oh and Mandy, you'd be proud of her because she was like, so, after a couple of months of of me mastering it, I'm going to make a request that you post on your social and tell people if they live in the Newark area they can meet us on Saturday and I will do their tiktoks for them. And I was like, oh, are you talking about scale, Yes, I said, She's like, but they're not going to get your price raise. I'm like, okay, that's fine. But I just thought that was really smart that, like, because I literally the place where we were taping it, they have so many different backgrounds where you can choose from, so it wouldn't look like we're all doing our tiktoks in the same space. So watch out for Supergirl TikTok Inc. Coming to a new coworking space near you.
Speaker 2: That's great, And I know that that was one of the other things. You gave yourself time to figure that outcause I know that in the beginning after Superman's passing, you weren't sure what that would look like. But it just happened organically. Yeah from beautiful, Yeah, beautiful. And I can't wait when when all right, I'm gonna do a quick boosty boost. So I'm gonna do a boost for a new podcast that a buddy of mine. He's become a buddy. So this is a guy named Christopher ron Medez. You can see him and call me kat on what is that CBS. He's an actor. So he has a new podcast which I had never heard of this story. But the podcast is called Ruby Rosa and it is the story of the original the original inspiration for James Bond, who was a Dominican man named PONIONI. How do you say Poniferro?
Speaker 1: Shit?
Speaker 2: Did I say that wrong? I'm sorry Ponifrio or Ponifierro Ruby Rosa. And so he's doing like an eight or ten episode really engate, like exciting, interesting storytelling. There's a couple of episodes up, so just go check it out. It's gonna be like eight or ten episodes and it's the story of the original inspiration, and because he's a Dominican man, you know, I had to take Enrique, my my husband, and I took him to Chris's podcast launch party and it was so fun and the whole room was full of Latin artists and creators, and there was spoken word, there was poetry readings. It was just really beautiful. And the show itself is just so cool because it's not just the story of the original inspo, Ruby Rosa, but it's also like Chris's journey as a Dominican growing up in Queens, New York and not really embracing his heritage and doing that later in life. So if you want something new to listen to, it's a little bit different. I highly highly recommend it. Oh I like that Rubirosa. I feel bad for pronouncing the guy's name wrong, but he was a saucy character, very interesting.
Speaker 1: No, I love that. We love it. We stand a podcast. Good podcast. So yeah, so let's leaning. Oh did I tell you I told you I was reading that book twelve week year? Did I tell you that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I was to show. Did I tell you off online? Did I tell you online?
Speaker 2: It was on the show?
Speaker 1: Okay, good because then you know, I feel like I haven't give you guys a book a wreck of reco in a minute. So yeah, so I just wanted to make sure, like, yeah, I love that book. I'm really I finished listening to it and I'm ready to put things into accion.
Speaker 2: So is that the one where you were talking about you do squats when you brush your teeth.
Speaker 1: No, that is stacked topping habits.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I think that was like the same conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the same conversation. But I said, I'm doing that and when I tell you, I'm not gonna lie. My gloots are Okay, they left the honey.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners responded on ig At brandon Mission podcast. She responded and says she does the same thing. She's been squatting while she brushes her teeth. Meanwhile, I'm just like counting. I'm like, dang, I got this for two minutes. Two minutes is a long time. I should go back when you squat something. I did think about habit stacking, though, I realized that's what I started to do with my my walking. I habit stack that. So I take Rio to daycare every day. Okay, so as soon as I drop him off, I just made it a habit to go to the park and do my walk.
Speaker 1: Is that habit?
Speaker 2: Stacking?
Speaker 1: It is because you do something that you're already doing without thinking about it. Kind of it's like, of course, I'm gonna take the baby to daycare, and then you stack something new that's not as natural, and so like now it's to the point where if I brush my teeth, it actually feels weird if I'm not squatting, you know, because then you make like the new thing you're trying to make into a habit, it turns into a habit. So once I get really really solid and squatting, I'm gonna start doing lunges because lunches really tone your legs. But it's a lot, so I'm just like, Okay, get used to these squats, and then we're gonna add on lunges, you know. So I'm like, you know, slowly trying to stack on top of stack. But I'm telling you, like, you know, like how do you make life, you know, and building new habits just like a little bit easier, you know, by stacking on top of things that you do without thinking about. And so habit stacking.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll do cakels whiley brush. We'll see RVA fan. Well, that is the show. We'll see you guys Friday for B A, Q and A. Where can they find us TIFFs?
Speaker 1: They can find us on I at Branna bishon podcast. They can go to brannibishonpodcast dot com. If you do have questions you want to answer on the QA of the BA and we are the BA Podcast on Twitter and Brown and Bison on YouTube. We are all over the socials.
Speaker 2: Okay, connect with them, have fun at invest best. I can't wait to see hear all about it. Okay, all right, hey BA fan, we could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown and Mission Podcast is produced by Cumulus Podcast Network. It's edited by the wonderful Emani Crosby and produced by Tanya Bustos. Dennis Stimplinsky is our in house tech guru, and I am Bandy Woodrid Santos your co host, and I will see y'all next week.