Speaker 1: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now, along with the guys from leagues dot com, here's your host, Paul Jarge.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a playoff edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchie and my co host today. Like last week, yes, it's it's back to back.
Speaker 3: The last two weeks, and next week and next week.
Speaker 2: It's a month, a month's worth of Scott Fish and thorn Eystrom. Hey, guys, are you dorm what's going on? I did not start Cooper Cupp in any of my leagues. Yeah, same, I've dodged the bullet on that one. And it would have been totally reasonable to start Cooper Cup definitely. You know, we didn't know it was going to rain as hard as it rained, that was not in the forecast, and the matchup was not anywhere near impossible for Cup. So yeah, let's a little later in the show, I'm going to hope to work in some conversation about what you can do if you started Cooper Cup and how you could possibly rebound from that. But we'll we'll get into that a little more detail later. We will still answer three tough questions. We'll go through our take a chance to me players. For those of you that still, for whatever reason, you need to hit the waiver wire. Maybe you've got a player who's not going to play, like I don't know, Kenneth Walker not going to play, and you need to go find a running back. We're going to try to help you with some players that are a little lesser known that you can still start. Let's get right into the matchups, because we've got a lot of them, Scott Fish. Beginning with Dallas taking on Carolina. Yeah, a game that I think like a month ago we'd have been like the first game left on the schedule. But now we've got some players not only.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's changed way different. It's Carolina is favorite in this well somehow after the Panther after good for the Panthers, Good for the Panthers. Dave Knealis might actually be I mean we assumed he was legit, but he might be really really good on the Dallas side. I actually only have two starting grades this week. I'm not starting Cooperage against the Panthers tenth top ten in past defense, fewest pass yards and sixth, but they have a lot of the six most scorers, but honestly, those are really good quarterbacks who've got a lot of those scorers. But Ceedee Lamb in a great matchup last week, Cook's got a score that was thorde I Strom's take a chance on me player. But otherwise in the last month, almost no other wide receivers or tight ends are topping forty yards. You need a random score, So it's just Ceedee Lamb sixteen plus fantasy points and three the last four. He does have two duds in the five games with rush, but he's averaging ten targets a game. I'm still going to give him the B in a little bit of a tougher spot against the Panthers d lowing the fourth fewest Fantasy points to the slot.
Speaker 2: I believe the average distance of completion for Ceedee Lamb is like five yards. Wow. Yeah, it's a lot of short stuff. Hard to get explosive results out of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jake Ferguson people might be wondering about I do have him on the bench. I understand the dart throw as Carolina has allowed eight scores in the last seven weeks to tight ends, including Calcutta, Kalka, Ta but with Rush he's been really really bad in in three full games with Rush. He was good with Prescott, but not with Rush, so I have him on the bench. Rico Doddle has an a grade here. He's basically become a true bellcow. Over the last few weeks, Carolina allowing the most touches, yards and scores to running backs. Four of the last five lead backs went for one hundred plus. Kareem Hunt was the one that didn't. He went for eighty seven, but his metrics are terrible, so that's why he didn't get there. And there are five scores from those five lead backs. Dowdell himself has one hundred plus in back to back. Over to the Carolina side, I only have three starting grades and it's Bryce Young, Adam Thielen, and Chewba Hubbard Chewba Hubbard without Jonathan Brooks for this one, Brooks.
Speaker 2: And without Miles Sanders and without Rashim black Year or whatever, Raheem Blackjek who suffered a blunt force trauma to his chest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we saw Cuba with thirty carries last week after Brooks went out, he went for one hundred and a score. In fact, he's had five scores in the last five games. Panthers are holding it with opponents they're favored in this one. He should be active, pretty active in this one. Tuba had seventeen plus touches in eight straight before Brooks started to nerf that utilization. Seven running backs have hit seventeen touches against the Cowboys. They averaged one hundred and thirty five yards, and those seven running backs scored twelve times. So there's a lot to be had for Hubbard here, Bryce Young. This is the fourth easiest matchup for quarterbacks, tenth most passing yards allowed, five in the last six. Five times in the last six weeks they've had the quarterback run for fifty plus and or a score, which Bryce Young can get that. He had a score just last week, so there's possible extra extra work there. Young himself off has at least one score in six straight a couple multiple score games. I gave him a bench grade last week, rightly so, but this is just such a really good matchup C grade here and Adam Thielen his would bee gets a B grade. Dominated targets last two weeks with twenty one targets, sixteen catches, two hundred and one yards. He's at a snapshare or target shaars of thirty three percent and twenty four percent. Dallas allowing the ninth most fantasy points to wide receivers. They really allow it more to the perimeter, but thelan just gets so many targets. He's getting the B grade here.
Speaker 2: He's just been feeling has been fantastic in his return from injury so far. Kind of makes me, you know, it's really too bad about the six week long hamstring injury that Peelan Hacks. I would have liked to.
Speaker 3: But I mean, we saw him last year at the start of the season. Maybe he just can't go a full season. Like, it's good for our fantasy playoffs that he's got it.
Speaker 2: It is good for the fantasy playoffs. You know what else is good for the fantasy playoffs? Thor Nystrom starting any Bills against a Detroit defense. That's good. That is thirteen players on injured reserve. This should be a point binanza on both sides, right, it should be. And I don't know if I.
Speaker 4: Can go a full season sometimes, mister fish, but we'll try to get through.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: John Josh Allen certainly a must start in an A fifty one point eight Fantasy points last week.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was incredible, easy incredible.
Speaker 4: He's on my aforementioned Guillotine League team against my.
Speaker 2: Cowork Hey love that. Nice going to it, James Cook. I'll give him a C.
Speaker 4: He is RB twelve and Fantasy points per game, but has finished with less than fifty rushing yards three of his last five and this is not a good matchup for a turnaround. The Lions since Week nine have allowed the third fewest rushing yards per game. I keep Ray Davis on the bench. Last week he did have a touchdown, but I don't think this is the matchup to get him involved. Maury Cooper give him a bee. Last week he had six receptions for ninety five yards. That was good for wide receiver twenty four in fantasy. Detroit hasn't been the best matchup for perimeter wide receivers recently. Since Week nine, they've allowed the fifth fewest PPR points per target to boundary receivers.
Speaker 2: But Terry on Arnold is the most penalized cornerback in.
Speaker 4: The league, so I'm wondering if the Bills will get aggressive targeting him downfield and that could that could open up more downfield targets. So for whatever it's worth, Just like I give Cooper a be gonna give Khalil Shakira bee. Since Week seven, Shakira has been wide receiver twenty four and fantasy points per game. He has six red zone targets across his last seven games, and this.
Speaker 2: Is a good match. That's a big change for him. Yes, yeah, you're ready to get those. Give give Shakir some fantasy upside that he has not had previously.
Speaker 4: On thousand percent this season, Detroit has allowed the second most receiving yards per game to opposing slot receivers, so it could be a good spot for Shakir. Keon Coleman is going to return this week from a wrist injury. I'd advise to keep him on the bench for now. Cooe ingratiates back in Dalton Kin kaid I'm gonna give him a CEE. He has also injured missed the last three games with the knee injury. He would step back into his normal pass catching role in this offense if he is healthy, but that's currently unclear.
Speaker 2: And the Lions have one of.
Speaker 4: The NFL's toughest defenses against opposing tight ends, allowing just five point eight fantasy points per contest of that position. Moving over to the Lions, I gave Jared Goffin a QB twelve fantasy points per game, and another big game should be coming for him here against this floundering Bills pass defense. Since Week nine, the Bills have allowed the highest success rate per dropback in the entire NFL peast.
Speaker 2: I would not have guessed. Yeah, holy cow, all.
Speaker 4: Right, David Montgomery is day near at mustard A at this point. Right, Yeah, He's got at least three passes and four straight appearances, so I thought that that was notable, and only eight running backs have more PPR points than David Montgomery this year.
Speaker 2: Jremier Gibbs is of course a.
Speaker 4: Must start as well the a Amana Saint Brown as well with A Jamison Williams.
Speaker 2: I gave him a C. I was going back and forth between B and C.
Speaker 4: He's wide receiver thirty seven fantasy points per game this year, four top twenty four wide receiver weeks this season so far. The matchup here for him Since Week nine, Buffalo has allowed the six most PPR points per target to permit our wide receivers, and they also have a really banged up secondary right now, Buffalo does starting outside cornerback Rasuell Douglas with a knee injury has already been ruled out. Kyer Elam, who they took a couple of years ago as a first round pick. Healthy scratch three straight games under this we'll see it. We'll see if he gets in for this one. And then they're starting safeties Taylor rap and Tamorrow Hamlin are both questionable in this game, so this could be an opportunity. I'll go bea ima. I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna toggle him up. And then I also gave a B to Sam laportat tight end. Fourteen fantasy points per game. He has finished as a tight end one six times in the last nine games. Might not seem like that because of the disappointing season, but he is playing a bit better. But Buffalo is a bad matchup for opposing tight ends. They allow the lowest yards per reception to opposing tight ends and the fourth fewest fantasy points per game to tight end, So give him Sam Laport a B.
Speaker 2: Baltimore takes on the Giants and this one won't take very long, so it's This is pretty obvious what you're doing in most of these cases, especially in the fantasy playoffs. Lamar Jackson and Derek Henry are obvious A grades against the Giants. We do not need to spend time on them. Let's talk Za Flowers. The sophomor has become a consistent fantasy factor with touchdowns or at least sixty two yards in seven of the last nine games. And funny thing is the Giants have been a shockingly competent secondary for a lot of the year. No receivers hit one hundred yards against the Giants all year.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: In the past month, only one receiver scored against the Giants. They held Ceedee Lamb to thirty nine yards two weeks ago. Now Flowers runs from the whole field. He's a XYZ guy left right slot. And actually, the Giants cornerbacks are shockingly competent at all three spots. Their starting cornerbacks hold PFF coverage grades as cornerback fifty two, twenty three and cornerback seven. Not half bad Giants, so B grade on Zay Flowers Mark Andrews. Though this is also thorny because fannac football is a cruel, cruel sport. I would like to just remind people that Mark Andrews in the first five weeks was an automatic l to your team, as he was tight end thirty four in the first five weeks with fewer fantasy points than A. J. Barner and Eric All. Everybody dropped Andrews and understandably so at that point. Since then week six forward, Mark Andrews is tight end three with touchdowns in six different games. This is a shockingly tough matchup with the Giants team that stops tight ends. The Giants rank number two in tight end fantasy points allowed, they ranked number four in yards allowed, and they've given up just two touchdowns at the position all year. Now that's it. Their worst game was last week with the Saints tight ends totally one hundred yards and scoring. So, you know, maybe a little bit of optimism and a C grade on Mark andrews 'scover to the Giants side. Tyron tracing great game last week, coming off a career high snapcount and season high routes run plus Devin Singletary only two carries last week, so they seem to be really crystallizing on tyrone tracy. But this is a brutal matchup against a terrific Ravens run defense. They're only giving up one. They only gave up one hundred and seven yards to Saquon Barkley last week. That is a major win. And before that, no back had topped fifty two yards all season. The Ravens ranked number one in yards per carry number one and tackle rate number one in yards after contact allowed. Tyrone Tracy just a volume see in this matchup. And the only other Giant you care about is Milik Neighbors. He hasn't scored since Week three. Scott and Thor, would you care to guess how many players have scored a touchdown since Molik Neighbors last score d touchdown WOW? Eighty four, eighty four and fourteen.
Speaker 3: I was gonna guess well over one hundred two. I just I wanted to go low. I figured you'd go high, so I wanted to go low.
Speaker 2: That's right, Well, you playing prices right, rule I was Scott. One hundred and ninety players have scored touchdowns since Malik Neighbors last touchdown.
Speaker 3: WOW does include passing touchdowns that it does not include passing touchdowns, but it does include quarterback rushing touchdowns, okay, and defensive touchdown.
Speaker 2: So there's some defensive players. Oh, okay too, your starter is Tommy DeVito. He and Drew Locke just can't complete downfield passes. And by downfield, I don't mean way downfield. I mean ten yards. That is from me to Scott Fish right now. Ten yards. That's it.
Speaker 3: We are a little too close.
Speaker 2: We are a little too close on passes of ten yards or more. Lock and de Vito are completing thirty five percent of their passes. It's so sad. By way of comparison, Sam Darnold is completing fifty six percent of his passes of over twenty yards. It's awful. And that is why Malik Neighbors only comes in with a C grade here. And really you're just talking about PPR only where you're going to get a lot of volume and not necessarily a lot of scoring opportunities. The rest of the Giants passing game is on the bench. In the fantasy playoffs, we wouldn't even necessarily think about starting any of those other guys when we come back, take a chance on me. We'll give you nine players. You would not normally start many of these players on the waiver wire, even in the fantasy playoffs. These guys can be very helpful for your team. Find out who they are when we come back.
Speaker 5: The chance on me nine players you would not normally start.
Speaker 2: Many of these guys available on the waiver wire would begin at the quarterback position, Scott Fish.
Speaker 3: You know what are the last people I would ever tell anyone to take a chance on is Aaron Rodgers. Okay, but maybe this week. No, just in general, listen, match This is the match up the Jags allowing the second most passing yard sixth most passing touchdowns, and we know Aaron Rodgers loves his multiple passing touchdown games. They also allow the most twenty plus yard completions and the most forty plus yard completions. Rodgers himself kind of a multi score game guy this year failed last week, but at least he tai tally three hundred and that one.
Speaker 2: Alaron Rodgers, Yeah, okay, sorry, I'm kind of with you on this. Yeah, you're super flex. I'm interested thor you're taking chance on me? Quarterback is Texans quarterback CJ. Stroud against the Dolphins. Stroud only has three QBI one finishes in Fantasy all year, and he has finished outside the top twenty four quarterbacks in two of three weeks with Nico Collins back, That's what we were sort of hanging our hat on. I know this is a good opportunity to get right though, if you have some gambling yet. The Dolphins since Week nine have allowed the fourth most passing yards in the NFL. They also importantly have a mediocre pass rush, which is very important with the idea of not caving in that bad Texans offensive line given Stroud some time to throw. It is three straight weeks of me choosing Will Levis and that might be the pinnacle masiness for me, and you know what, it's week fifteen. Deal with it. Or maybe Will Levis just isn't half bad and remains applausible dart throw especially in DFS super Flex two quarterback leagues. Now, okay, granted, Levis delivered a bummer for us last week when I thought he was going to be better, But he had posted multiple touchdowns in three of the previous four games, and this matchups against the easiest defense in the league, Cincinnati, the team allowing thirty four points per game over the last six weeks. Over the last four Bengals games, here's the passing touchdowns they've allowed two, three, two and four. Also, by the way, given up the most quarterback rushing yards in the Leaguebill Levis is not Lamar Jackson, but you know he can get a little something done with the legs. We'll try Will Levis, this might take a chance at me quarterback. Let's go to the running back position. Scott.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna start to get grimeier and grimeer here, all right. I am going Jalil McLoughlin, Denver running back. Remember two weeks ago when McLoughlin was averaging six yards per carrying that Browns Monday night football shootout, Sean Payton said it was due to them feeling they could attack the Browns with sweeps and toss plays. Well, the Colts are second worst in the league in defending such stretch plays. Wow, So it might be it might be a spot where Peyton is picking his running backs each week to attack certain teams. This feels like the spot for McLoughlin, and the Colts in general are allowing the second most rushing yards and the third most combo yards. I think it's a really good spot here.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it. McLaughlin was he got most of the work he did. He did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could have gone into his snaps and everything next to Williams, but nah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Thor you take a chance with me.
Speaker 4: Running back is Steelers running back Jalen Warren against the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Since we gave this, is that a tough assignment? I want to hear about this.
Speaker 4: Since we gat Warren has had two top twenty four running back finishes RB twenty two, RB eleven, averaging twelve touches seventy seventy yards in total yards and change during that time. And I actually think this is a decent matchup for him. Since week nine, the Eagles are allowing the ninth highest yards after contact per attempt and with George Pickens out, you're going against a run funnel defense. Eagles pass defense been really good. I think the running game gets established. I think Warren gets some work, maybe gets he has some fantasy points.
Speaker 2: All right, that's bold. I'm gonna try Taj Spears. You know, Tony Pollard's got a pretty serious ankle injury. He is questionable. Looks like a game time decision for Pollard. So I think Spears is going to get a big uptick. And really it's He's only seen one double digit carry game all year, and he scored in that game. This week's opponent, again, as I just mentioned in the Will Loves part, Cincinnati very yielding on the ground as well. They've given up rushing touchdowns in ten of thirteen games, and in those I mentioned ten of thirteen. In the other three games, opposing rusher's top one hundred yards. So I mean Cincinnati's given up a one hundred yard game or a touchdown in every game this year. Last week, Reco dowbtle one hundred and thirty one yards and seven yards per carry against the Bengals. Taj Spears. All right, let's go to our receivers, Scott.
Speaker 3: I am going to the tight end position for Stone Smart. Tight end for the Los Angeles Chargers. Will Disley is out, Haydenhurst is out. Stone Smart steps in last week when Disley came out, Stone Smart had three for fifty four yards in the third and fourth quarter. He's a six four two and twenty six pound guy came out of college with a ninety eighth percentile burst score. Since Week seven, you really don't get worse than the Bucks against tight ends. Andrews went forty one to two forty one yards two scores, Pits ninety one and two score, Kelsey one hundred and Gray scored in that game, Kittle fifty seven in a score, Tommy Trembles seventy seven yards, Michael Mayer seven for sixty eight, and Brock Bauers three for forty nine. In that same game, they're getting tagged and Herbert throws to his tight end twenty two percent of the time.
Speaker 2: You could have just stopped at Kyle Pitts scored twice and that's really scores. That's right, that's the lead story. By the way. Pot Kyle Pitts a good, great matchup this week too. Yeah, we'll find out talk about that. I don't know. Yeah, you've got that one. We'll get We'll find out what you're great is for Kyle Pitts a little later thor you take a chance with me. Receiver is Tank Dell against the Dolphins? All right?
Speaker 4: Since Nico Collins's return, Dell hasn't surpassed seventy two receiving yards or ten Fantasy points in any game. Zero red zone target. I'm gonna I'm gonna start with the bad stuff. Okay, it hasn't finished higher than wide receiver thirty three and weekly fantasy scoring. But that Dolphins pass defense has been struggling over the past month and the lack of pass rush. The aforementioned lack of pass rush means that the Texans offensive line is not gonna.
Speaker 2: Get exploited again. I think, and given CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud time to throw end that route running merchant, Tank Dell time to get open, I think this is a big opportunity to get right for Tank Dell.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go to the other side of that same matchup. I'm gonna let pass transgressions go. Breathe in, breathe out. Yep. Jalen Waddle yep. Against Houston. He's been a wide receiver too in four of the last five games, Tua throwing his arm out of socket lately. Here's his last three games forty passes, forty six passes and then last week forty seven passes. That's enabled Tua to target Wattle more often, including a season high twelve targets last week, and Waddle's running more routes than ever before. Last three weeks, Waddle posted season highs and routes run in all three games. And here comes a deeply slumping Houston secondary. Over the past five weeks, Houston has allowed the sixth most Fantasy points per game to wide receivers. And when we saw Houston last two weeks ago before the bye, Parker Washington was crushing them for one hundred and three yards. Houston just lost their starting safety Jalen Petrieve to a season ending injury, and Petree was playing the slot and Wattle runs about a third of his plays from there. Jalen Waddle, We're gonna let by guns be bygunes. Jalen Waddle just come up big in the fantasy playoffs. If you don't mind, Scott, Let's go to the Jets taking on the Jaguars. You tell us that you like Aaron Rodgers in this team, and I concur with that.
Speaker 3: It's a great matchup for the passing game. So I have dueling bees coming from Devonte Adams and Garrett Wilson in this. Once again DeVante Adams getting the higher b of that level because he's outscored Garrett Wilson for five straight weeks. Wow, it's every single week week he outscores him. In Fantasy. I mentioned just a minute ago. No team gives up more explicit plays than the Jags. Fifty eight plays, fifty eight passes of twenty plus yards, ten passes of forty plus yards allowed on by the Jags. Jags allowing the fourth most yards to wide receivers. So high B for Devonte Adams, lower B for Garrett Wilson, who had one hundred last week, but the three to four that were kind of duds. I understand that. But he's still averaging like nine targets a game, and it is funneled through two people. Two wide receivers. Is where everything goes, and the matchup just dictates that he should still be really really good here in the running game. Brice Hall, as of Friday, fully practiced. Yeah, he said he feels good, said he's gonna go. It keeps me from having to discuss Braylan Allen versus Isaiah Davis for too long. So I'm just gonna go to a B grade on Breece Hall, assuming he is fully ready to go in healthy. Because the Jags allow the third most touches per game at thirty, the fourth most yards, and the fifth most scores, the game scripts should be a little bit in the gym. Jets favor to run run more too, so yeah, I got a B grade on Brice Hall over to the Jaguar side. I only have one starting grade. Do you want to guess who it is? I bet you know.
Speaker 2: Uh no, no.
Speaker 3: It's I've set you up. I set you up. It's Brian Thomas Junior. It's always Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Well, but you know who else?
Speaker 3: I love Tank Beasbie, thank you. Yeah, you're not starting Mac Jones against the top A pass d. You're not starting Brenton Strange with Ingram out for the season with the torn labra. And by the way, I've been going Ingram as also someone with like a pure amazing physical form and has has ed tour type. I can give you tips if you need to know anything about that. But Brian Thomas zero catches in the first half last week eight. In the second half, the Jets do give up the sixth fewest Fantasy Fantasy points to the perimeter. He's going to get the slightly easier side, assuming sast Gardner is good to go. Uh But over the last three games, New York has allowed forty five receptions for six hundred and eight receiving yards and two scores too. It's not like the two opposing wide receivers. They have been really good all year. In the last couple of week they've let it come back. Brian Thomas has seventy five plus yards in seven games this season, including the including each of the last three with Mac Jones, seven plus targets in all the mac Jones games he finds him in the running game, Jets are just the top ten d the rundy that allows the six lowest yards per carry. They've allowed a rushing score in the three of the last four, but the yardage is laughable. James Connor thirty three yards, Jonathan Taylor fifty seven yards, Kenneth Walker forty nine, Devin h Chan twenty four. And if you're talking about any kind of a split where ETN is getting the receiving work and some of the goal line work, I just can't find a starting grade there.
Speaker 2: I can't either. Yeah, and I you know I'll find an excuse to start Tank Bigsby not in my fantasy playoff game. Yep, we're not going to try for that. Thor, Let's see if we can sneak in one more matchup, because you've already talked a lot about the Dolphins and the Texans between us. I think we had three Take a chance on me. Guys, let's start on the Dolphins side of this one. You want to go Devon h Chan, Where do you want to go there?
Speaker 4: I'm going to start with Tua because you mentioned how much you've been throwing recently last four games. These are his finishes in Fantasy QB ten, QB three, QB eight, QB eight, nice and this is a solid matchup to keep the good times rolling. The Texans have allowed fifty seven passing yards above expected in the last four games.
Speaker 2: Think another strong game is coming for two. Gave him an A.
Speaker 4: Devin Aught Chane is an obvious must start A, although I do have to say he's averaging only two point two yards carry rushing on thirty one carries last three weeks, but seventeen catches over that span for three scores, so he remains Fantasy king. Tyreek Kill is an a wide receiver seventeen in Fantasy since to his return tds in four or five games, nineteen point three fantasy points per game over his last four and the Texans have allowed thirty nine Fantasy points per game to opposing wide receivers in the last four games. Jalen Wado was charged to take a chance on me. He reminds you, guys, how bad the Texans passed he has been recently.
Speaker 2: And John new Smith, your boy is finally getting an a. John's getting a here.
Speaker 4: Nine red zone targets in the last seven games, tight end six and fantasy points per game. And this is a decent matchup against the Texans defense that has been mediocre against tight ends.
Speaker 3: I think we are learning something that when Church loves a guy and we're not talking I really like this, we're talking pants fly Off loves a guy.
Speaker 2: Wait two years, two years, that's right, boom. Eventually I will be proven right.
Speaker 3: But he just charges.
Speaker 2: He's perfected the boomerang, boomerang. Take yes, coming back around right, Tank bigsby next year, Oh look out baby.
Speaker 4: Moving over to the texanside, c J. Strout was might take a chance on me.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 4: Joe Mixon is an obvious must start a as is Nico Collins, who is averaging more than one hundred receiving yards per game. Tank Dell was my take a chance on your receiver, and Dalton Schultz I'm giving him a ce. Schultz's two best fantasy finishes of the year have come in the last four games. Tight end eleven, tight end seven. This isn't a bad spot for one of those tight end one weeks, potentially the Dolphins. But the Dolphins are solid against opposing tight ends. They allowed the eleventh fewest yards per reception into posing Titians.
Speaker 2: I settled on a see for Dalton Schultz. I think that probably sounds about right. And hopefully in the fantasy playoffs, you don't have to rely on Dalton Schultz. Hopefully, hopefully not, especially when you've got Jon Smith out there. If you just go with him, your boy, he is my boy. Let me tell you it goes way way back. Chiefs in the Browns when we come back, this is a this is a this is a really tricky one for the Brown side. You're starting Jerry Judy in the fantasy playoffs, what about jimas Winston find out when we come back to Fantasy Football.
Speaker 5: Weekly, big block of matchups.
Speaker 2: For you, beginning with the Kansas City Chiefs at Cleveland Brown's. Let's talk this one through. Starting on the Kansas City side, I'm gonna start with the receivers DeAndre Hopkins and Xavier Worthy. I like him both here more than most weeks. The Brown's past events has turned very leaky. How bad you ask?
Speaker 5: They let Van.
Speaker 2: Jefferson score on them last week, and before that they got pounded by Marvin Mims, and before that Calvin Austin and before that Mark Hezveld is scantling yew. So what I want the comparison. I want you to think about Mims, Calvin Austin and MVS. They are vertical speed guys, just like Xavier Worthy. Every I always do the Chiefs every week. I'm like, do you know, be careful and worthy. It's not a lot of catches, show caution, boom or bust. Game on B grade Xavier Worthy, I feel more confident about him here than any other time. As for Hopkins also getting the B grade because he's the most consistent target earner from Mahomes by a mile among the receivers, averaging seven targets per game since week number nine, So he is also a safe play against a yielding Brown secondary. Let's go to Travis Kelcey. He continues to post been not great totals, either because maybe just his age or the emergence of Noah Gray, who increasingly looks like Kelsey's heir apparent. Kelsey's only scored twice all year and the Browns have only allowed three tight ends scores all year, so I don't think a touchdowns coming for Kelsey. Here, Gray is siphoning off five targets per game, and he's seen three of the last four tight end end zone targets from Patrick Mahomes. So more of the same for Kelsey, which is volume but not touchdowns B grade. Then let's go to Patrick Mahomes. I've got up some worry about Mahomes being kept upright in this game. Now is left tackle DJ Humphries' his fresh off IR. Last week he allowed five pressures, and now he faces Miles Garrett, who already has eleven sacks and fifty eight pressures, only two behind the NFL leader Jonathan Grenard. So assuming Mahomes doesn't get destroyed by Miles Garrett, I like his chances against the defense that's allowed passing touchdowns to nine straight quarterbacks and multiple touchdowns to six of the last eight quarterbacks to face Cleveland. So A B great for Patrick Mahomes and a'll be great for Isaiah Pachecko. Two weeks ago, he got half of the work. Last week he got two thirds of the work. Kareem Hunt remains a nuisance despite being highly ineffective, and this is a weird matchup for Pacheco. The Browns rank number one in ESPN's run stuff win rate, and they rank number one by Pro Football focuses run defensive rankings. But the Browns are the rare break but don't bend defense. Despite no runner topping eighty four yards all year, Cleveland has given up seven rushing touchdowns in the past six games. Let's hope Pacheco can get in the end zone here, and I've got to be great on him under the assumption he's going to get most of the work and we're dropping Kareem Hunt outright, except if you want him as a handcuff to Pachecko. Now let's go to the Cleveland side. I want to start with Jerry Judy. Over the past month, four games, here's Jerry Judy's average game. Seven catches for one hundred and thirty yards and almost a full touchdown per game.
Speaker 3: I do feel like the two point thirty in the Broncos game is doing a little yes, right, it's.
Speaker 2: Still really high, it is, and over the past month only only Jamar Chase is averaging more fantasy points than Jerry Judy. Nobody saw this coming. Kansas City's secondary was really good at the beginning of the season, but it has regressed lately. Over the past five games, the Chiefs giving up the seventh most fantasy points to receivers, and even the prospect of some shadow coverage from Trent McDuffie isn't a major concern any longer. Because McDuffie's allowed three touchdowns in the past six games. He doesn't feel like the shutdown guy that he was, so Jerry Judy A. I didn't think I'd ever say it. Unbelievable. Let's go to David at Joku. So now Djoku is may very well not play in this game. He's shaping up as a game time decision. You're gonna have to pay close attention to this. If he were fully healthy, I would give him an A grade. In the last two games, and Joku's been targeted thirty times two games, the Chiefs ranked dead last in tight end yards and receptions allowed. They're the first team to give up one thousand yards to opposing tight ends this year. Something called stone smart you take a chance something called posted fifty four yards against them last week and the week before that brock Bauers hammered the Chiefs for ten catches one hundred and forty yards. So in Joko comes in with a B grade, assuming he can play in this one.
Speaker 3: Watch it he missed practice Fridays.
Speaker 2: That's right, this is It's gonna be cautious. They've not ruled him out total Dart the rafter that, but Jordan Akins would be the replacement for David and Joku. Staying with the passing game, Elijah Wore comes in with a C grade. Jameis Winston's the best thing that has ever happened to Elijah war as his role in the offense has exploded. He's averaging eight targets per game under Jamis Winston, which was double Elijah Moore's usage under de Shaun Watson. The other huge difference Yolo Winston is using more down field. Moore's gone from five yards per target under Watson to twelve yards per target under Winston. Moore's air yards have gone from twenty three yards per game to ninety five yards per game under Winston. And with Cedric Tillman out of this game, Elijah Moore legitimate play. I'm moving him to a B grad B grade on Elijah Moore with Tilman out, and that leaves us in the passing game with Jameis Winston. So normally he's like all or nothing guy, right, like he's an A grade or a C grade, and I'm kind of pushing him into the middle, which is kind of a cop out with a B grade. The catches. Kansas City's almost always giving up some fantasy points to quarterbacks, but not like all or nothing. Every opposing quarterback has scored a touchdown. None have scored more than two in a game. So I've got a's and I've got an A and two b's on his receivers. I'm putting a B grade on Jameis Winston in this one. And then lastly, Nick Chubb and Jerome Ford are on the bench. It's a sixty forty times share. And by the way, Jerome Ford is a sixty on the sixty to forty time share.
Speaker 3: With Nick Chubbub did not come back looking like the old Nick.
Speaker 2: Joe, not at all. Unfortunately, the Chiefs are a great run defense. They rank second best in yards per carry, second best in yards after contact, fifth best and miss tackle rate and no back his top sixty four yards against Kansas City all year. So Chubb and Ford are on the bench. Let's go to our next matchup, Colts taking on the Denver Broncos. Scott uh from the Colt side, can we start with Jonathan Taylor? Shirt has been a major bummer this year?
Speaker 3: He has, he has, and he did disappear against in the Detroit blow out a couple weeks ago, but in the three or three games surrounding it, he's been a twenty five plus touch guy. And every single twenty plus touch back has gone over one hundred yards on the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's hope the touches are there.
Speaker 3: And those five backs all scored, okay, And he is a workhourse.
Speaker 2: So if he's getting work, Taylor's getting work, he just isn't giving you the production out of that much work.
Speaker 3: And those are the majority of the workhorse backs Denver's face. They faced a ton of split backfields. If you look at the splits, the Browns runners combined for twenty one for one oh five and a score. The Raiders runners you know as a group, combined for eighteen for ninety eight in a score, but Jonathan Taylor gets it all. So I'm still giving a B grade here to Jonathan Taylor in that belcow role. I'm giving a C grade to Anthony Richardson, who's averaging since his returning. He's averaging ten point fantasy point, ten point seven fantasy points per game. Excuse me, ten points seven fantasy points per game.
Speaker 2: Just on the ground, on the ground, just on the ground. I saw that coming, he saw it coming. Sneak that in.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, has at least nine carries in each of the three games twenty nine title, and he's scored three times in those games. Denver's been a top ten pass d all year, and Richardson's numbers have been tailing off since that first really good game he came by. But Jamis Winston had a three hundred plus multi scorer game. The Vegas duo of passers had nearly three hundred yards last week. Is in the last game as well, Danbye. So I'm inclined to give Richardson a here. If you get to double digits on the rushing and you get one hundred and fifty maybe a score passing, I'm inclined for the sea. I don't love it though I don't love it. Lower end QB two probably yep.
Speaker 2: What if you need a dart throw? What if you started Cooper cup is Anthony Richardson. Yeah, yeah, like dart throw, absolutely get two rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's absolutely the kind of way to put it. Michael Pittman, I do have on the bench. I haven't, in fact, all the receivers on the bench because there's just not a lot of passing yards to go around. Michael Pittman's going to see Pat Sartan, who held you know, metcalf to twenty nine yards, Pickings to twenty nine, Evans to seventeen. He's holding down just he held Judy to three for twenty eight in that one quarter, in those five minutes, he holds down pretty much everyone. Denver does allow second most yards of the perimeter, but twelfth fewest to the slot where Josh downs if he does go plays. I can't trust Downs in a tough matchup there. I can't trust Pierce on the perimeter where he should do well avoiding the slot and avoiding Cirtan, but he only gets like two catches. So I can't trust any of those receivers. So I'm gonna go over to the Denver side where I got bon Nicks with a B grade. In the last month, Bonnicks has not topped five rushing yards.
Speaker 2: Yes, go figure in a game. Why did they take the wheels off?
Speaker 3: He hasn't scored either, Why take the yeah? Exactly? Why till yeah? I will say his passing yardage has jumped up to two hundred and sixty six per game and over like two point one passing scores per game, So you're starting to make it up. But we kind of like the rushing in the fantasy route, but it is jumped up. The Colts allowed the sixth most passing yards at two forty six, allow more plays from opposing offenses than anyone. That's part of why I love Jalil mcgloffin is the Colts allow the most plays in the game to an opposing team. They allow nearly seventy plays a game for the opposing offense. So Bonnicks, Juliam, I think there's room for a lot of plays here. So I'm giving a B to Bonicks. Courtland Sutton gets a bast Since Week eight, Knicks to Sutton that QB wide receiver duo leads the NFL and completions. They're the modern day montanded Rice, modern day bonten ed Rice thor Oh, I'm just kidding Portland Sutton. Yes, yes, Sutton has six plus catches in six straight in that stretch, eight plus targets and all seventy plus yards and all three scores one hundred plus and three of them. They're just really connecting right now. And it's just a middle of the pack matchup. Jalen Jones sixty second ranked on PFL PFF. He's held down some a lot of guys just fine. But you allowed eighty five to Nico, eighty eight to Pickens, one oh seven to Brian Thomas Junior, eighty three to Jefferson. There's plenty of room for Sutton to have a good B level game here. Veyle and Mims I could go into, but I do have them on the bench, and we got fifteen matchups. It's fantasy playoffs. Javonte Williams is going on the bench because, as I mentioned before, it's jo Leo McLoughlin for me this week. And if you look at the stats this year, Sean Payton has had not had two running backs do it in this week, he picks a running back for the week. I think it's McLoughlin.
Speaker 2: Here Cincinnati takes on Tennessee thor and for Cincinnati, Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase are just automatic. A's right, and we were absolutely starting those guys red hot of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah Burrow, five consecutive games with three or more passing.
Speaker 2: Touchdowns, how about that?
Speaker 4: And I think we can toss Chase Brown and t Higgins into the mustard as yeah, right, yeah, And I don't care that the te Higgins coming off his worst game of the season wide receiver twelve and Fantasy so far so and that kick no one else has startedble everyone else is the mustard as Will Levis was charges take a chance on me guy. Going over to the other side, Tony Pollard. I gave him a c RB twenty one Fantasy points per game. He played in sixty two percent of the snaps the last two weeks, but his status is up in the air with that ankle injury. Aforementioned ankle injury, so I settle on see for him.
Speaker 2: Tad J. Spears was charged to take a chance on me guy. Calvin Ridley, our boy we all love Calvin gave him about him later on the show, too, gave him a bee.
Speaker 4: Since Week seven, Ridley is wide receiver twenty five and fantasy points per game seven red zone targets across his last eight games.
Speaker 2: Not bad.
Speaker 4: Since Week nine the matchup here, Cincinnati has allowed the ninth most receiving yards per game and the fourth most fantasy points per game two perimeter wide receivers. Nick Westbrook a keene. As much as this pains me to say, I have to give him a bench grade. He only had the one reception for nineteen receiving yards last year and.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even in the end zone last week. What does he do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he needs a touchdown to be started with here on your own on that.
Speaker 2: That's the Bengals. If he's gonna do it, all right, I'm gonna frame it up at the same way we did the Yeah okay, like Anthony Richardson, even if you don't love him, if you need some magic, wouldn't he be a guy like he would be too long bomb reception touchdown.
Speaker 4: If you need the yeah miracle, it would be it would be Nick Westbrooky.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stick with bench all right, okay. I feel like charges with the c there.
Speaker 4: And then Chicka kon Quill bench for him twenty or few fewer receiving yards nine of thirteen games this year.
Speaker 2: Not the best. I'm gonna sneak in one more matchup into this Shir Commanders taking on the Saints because a lot of these are pretty straightforward. Brian Robinson a great matchup opportunity. With Austin Ekler out, He's going to get a ton of work. And since Week three, the Saints allowing five point three yards per carriages and one and a half rushing touchdowns per game.
Speaker 3: That's a long time too since week three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the season right, Robinson absolute A grade here. Love him in this spot. Going to the passing game, Terry McLaurin A grade. Runs almost entirely from the left side of the field. He's the league's most one sided receiver in terms of side of the field. That puts him against rookie kool Aid mckinstreet cornerback who's been the starter since Marshall Latimer's injury in trade, and over that time he's actually been pretty good. He's allowing a fifty five percent completion rate, no touchdowns all year, but still it's McLaurin against kool Aid mckinstrey as a rookie. I love McLaurin here, A grade for him. Zach Ertz enters the game with touchdowns in three straight games prior to last week's by but a touchdown here could be unlikely against a team that's allowed to league low one score to the tight end position. The past five opposing tight ends to face New Orleans have averaged five catches for fifty six yards. Zach Ertz C grade. Lastly, Jayden Daniels A grade. Saints secondary has gotten a little bit better lately, but in totality, a very strong spot for Daniels, especially on the ground. Drew Locke just ran for fifty nine yards against the Saints last week, and we've seen Bau, Mick Nix, and Justin Herbert put up big rushing days since Week seven. So I've got the A grade and McLaurin C grade on Ertz. And there's some opportunities through the air as well. And then the only Saint you care about is Alvin Kamara, the only got you start in the fantasy playoffs. Sure I can only get you to a C grade because everybody else is hurt and Washington may just play to stop Alvin Kamara, which is what I would do. Stop Kamara, Washington, you win the game.
Speaker 3: You're not starting Jick Heater.
Speaker 2: I've not started taking or mvs. In the three games Derek Carmist earlier this year, Camara only averaged thirty nine rushing yards thirty one receiving yards, and he scored in just one of those three games. The track record here is not great. I understand that you kind of have to start Alvin Camera.
Speaker 3: You hope for four catches, get to double digit, just barely.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's I think that's what we're looking at. See Gray and Alvin Kamara and the whole passing game of the Saints on the bench. Our number two of Fantasy Football Weekly coming up in moments. Stay tuned for that, including three tough questions. Our number two of Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charchie and Scott Fish and Thor Nystrom with you. You can follow us on X. Scott Fish is at Scott Fish twenty four yep. Thora is at thor Ku Rock Chalk and I am at Paul Chargie. And this game we cover three tough questions. What should your playoff tiebreakers be? This is now so this is really important because you don't want to lose friendships over the fact you did not have your playoff tie breakers lockdown in advance. And I was in a league once, like ten plus years ago or there were there was a lot of money on the line and there was a tie in the playoffs, and this thing got so ugly. So, Scott Fish, we'll begin with you. What should the playoff tiebreaker be?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so always they're fine, honestly, But here's the main key. Set it now. If you haven't get it set now, the most important thing is to get it set. I don't league shame. I believe that in your leagues if you do it, the league enjoys doing And that's absolutely fine, but you have to have one. As Chuche kind of alluded to there. I can make a real good case that random high score on the bench or backup bench scoring is probably the worst way to do it. Yes, because people construct their rosters in different ways and some have handcuffs, a lot of injuries. The random score is very best balie and isn't really attributive to you know, what your team is. So I can make a case those are the worst picking a bench players. The tie break I kind of get that you're picking one player.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: The way I generally do it is you have played all season, and you have earned that seed, and you've earned home field advantage, and the highest seed, meaning based on standings before, is the way to do it. So that's why I do it in a lot of leagues that way. The other way I like is non quarterback yards from the starters. Touchdowns are a little fluky. If you have a really good quarterback, you basically just won the matchup. So non quarterback yards is probably the second way I go about doing it, But generally I just go by standings. I think that seed earned you that by.
Speaker 2: So your official answer is by seed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's I mean basically.
Speaker 2: Giving one hundredth of a point to the higher seed.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, Okay, but honestly, just figure out what way your league likes and get it done.
Speaker 2: Now, what should your league's playoff tiebreaker be. That's where I'm at.
Speaker 4: Way, they're like, whoever finish higher and the standing should be the home team, and they get the they get the tiebreaker. They've earned the tiebreaker, they get the tiebreaker. That's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: The only reason I don't care for that is, you're not settling the matter of who won.
Speaker 3: Who won that game that week, that way, that week.
Speaker 2: And that's why I prefer the non quarterback yard, so all the yards of all and no defense, So all total the yards of all of your players, all my players, not including quarterback, not including and you could include quarterback, but not including defense. And I would go with that because its starters, and agree with you, Scott. Do not like having the bench players involved because the smartest bench players I can have are handcuffs to some running backs. Absolutely, I don't need them to do anything, but I need them on my roster. I'm gonna have Justice Hill in case Derek Henry goes down. YEP, tough question number two, thorn Estrom. Should consolation bracket teams be able to pick up free agents, potentially changing the outcome of playoff bracket teams? I feel I feel very strongly about this.
Speaker 3: Before Thor goes I want to say this obviously eliminates dynasty and keeper.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is redraft leagues. This is redraft leagues. Very strong Okay, oh boy, okay, bring it.
Speaker 4: Yes they absolutely should, and if you don't like it, you can't have a consolation bracket, the team transaction should only be blocked when that.
Speaker 2: Team has no more games left to play and to start end of story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on a similar boat. I said, if you're I have, If you're playing for something, you should be able to make your best effort to play for that thing. And if that's a consolation bracket, that's a consolation bracklet. And some people think, oh, well, you're making it harder on the teams than the playoffs. No, you're making it exactly the same as the entire season was. Twelve teams fighting for what you're doing. What you're doing when you don't let them is you're making it easier on the playoff teams. But yes, if you're playing for something, yes you can absolutely still make moves.
Speaker 2: You guys hit all the main talking points, So that's exactly right. If you've incentivized team teams to continue playing and to do well, you need to let them pick up free agents. Doesn't matter that they might change the outcome of the playoff bracket teams. The consolation bracket teams still get to make moves. Tough. Question number three, Give me a playoff hero who could emerge out of relative obscurity with a huge run during the Fantasy playoffs, like Ron Day in two thousand and six, Drew Bennett two thousand and four. And there's probably others, Scott, you're very good at remembering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's there's there's there's plenty of others. Even more recent than that. You got your Tim high Towers, even in that range. You got your Marcus Colston or not Colston, but Jimmy Graham's and your Arian Foster's and players that just blew up the end of the season.
Speaker 2: But Tyler a favorite of mine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's plenty of Chan Gaily, Yeah, Chan Gaily offense, baby we had.
Speaker 3: Oh god, who's that Rams running back?
Speaker 2: That Eric Dickerson.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But anyway, there's been a bunch of them. It says something that we had to go that far back though, that it doesn't happen all the time. So I went a bunch of different routes on this trying to figure out who this could be. I want one name, Yes, I know. The obvious one seems like Isaac Grenda, who got you into the playoffs with a huge week. He probably got you about fifteen points on on Thursday night.
Speaker 2: But you don't want that, and he already played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought about Taj Spears. He was my prespected a couple of weeks ago. He's got three top top three matchups in the Fantasy playoffs, and the one that's not a top three is the Bengals this week. He's your take a chance on me player because Pollard might be out. Then I thought could be Vidal. Does he take over for Gus Edwards? Is the switch finally happening? But I figured Thorn might do that, So I'm going with I did, so I'm I'm going with the guy at my matchups who already took the role and whose coach said he's this already running back going forward. And he's got two matchups in the next two weeks after this week against bottom ten run defenses in Sincere McCormick.
Speaker 2: All right, Sincere McCormick is your fish. That was a long rout was that we ruled out a lot of guys and one of them is thors guy, Kamani Vidal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and sincerely kind of my co host, the luminary Scott Fish, to allow me to have the correct answer.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys there, that is Kamani Vidal. JK.
Speaker 4: Dobbins might be out for the year. Vodal got four carries last week. You know how many Gus Edward's got.
Speaker 2: He got six.
Speaker 4: Vodal becomes the bellcow in that run heavy offense.
Speaker 2: If the gusbuss goes down, the answer is Kamani Vidal, Kamani Gore Vidal. The correct answer is Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, Okay.
Speaker 2: Two years he has been all or nothing fantasy producer, but it's all lining up for him to go all for these last three games. Twelve targets last week for Calvin Ridley, he gets the Cincinnati Bengals already talking about how much I how much I like him, and I like Will Levis. Right, so somingles this week. Next week it's Indianapolis that is the middle of the back wide receiver defense Championship week for Calvin Ridley. Jacksonville allowing the seventh most points to wide outs. And I can understand you might be thinking, no chance Amy putting my playoff fortunes in the hands of Will Levis. As I keep telling you week after week, Will Levis is getting better. Over the last five games, seven touchdowns, just two interceptions. He's less sucky than you think.
Speaker 3: Thor Thoris sidebar Is. Is charge going to be promoting Will Levis as Kibi one next time?
Speaker 2: I mean that's where we're headed.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's gonna be like take Bowers of the first, take Will Levis's second.
Speaker 2: I was so down on Levis heading into the season and look brilliant for half a year. But I'm really I'm ready to be wrong. I like, I was so so very wrong.
Speaker 3: I do like on I do like being proven wrong on the un stuff like this. It's it's fun. Keeps us honest tough.
Speaker 2: Question number four, Since you brought up Sincere mccorn best adjective first name in the NFL? Is it NFL or not curR NFL lower NFL? Or is it Sincere McCormick. Is it Peerless Price or is it Sterling Sharp or Shepherd? Your choice? Oh it's got to be Sincere. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sterling Sharp is a double whammy.
Speaker 2: You get it both ways.
Speaker 3: First, you can be Sharp and you can be Sterling Peerless Price.
Speaker 4: I mean you talk about a guy that should have been around during the NIL.
Speaker 3: I mean Sterling Sharp is probably the best player of all of them, Like pure.
Speaker 2: Talent, borderline Hall of Famer for sure, but sincere McCormick's an awesomeme tremendous name. Yeah, let's go back to the matchup. Shout out UTSA. There you go, Tampa Bay taking on the Chargers, Scott Fish. This is a tough Chargers defense. But there's so many bucks you want to play in this game. I'm expecting you're gonna give me b's and c's in this matter.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have three b's and one C. Good job, Good job on that. That's good job by you. Thank you, Baker Mayfield. I got to be beyond. He's scored in every game, so that's a nice cozy feeling. But even better than that, in the thirteen games he has multiple scores nine times.
Speaker 2: You don't say yes.
Speaker 3: It's almost like I wrote that sentence specifically, emphasize the words just and he averages over two hundred and fifty yards. If he's getting two hundred and fifty and a couple scores, you're at B level already. This Chargers defense held down to Mahomes and cousin recent cousins recently, Lamar, Burrow and Lewis. Before that did okay, did fairly decent, but the nine games before that only had one multiple passing score day and that was you know, Joe Montana of our time bo Nicks. So their ranking is a little bit bait. Their middle of the pack rank is a little bit based on their early season. So B grade on Baker, I think is gonna have a good day here. B grade on Mike Evans, who loves to do the doubt, not practice all week. I did practice on Friday, and I'm gonna play anyway role right now. He went four for sixty nine last week. He's got a better matchup this week against the Chargers team allowing the third most fantasy points to the perimeter. Eight wide receiver scores in the last six weeks. Seven of those were to perimeter guys. So his yardage shows returning from injury sixty eight one eighteen sixty nine. Again, better better match up here. So I have a B grade on him. You might be able to talk to me high.
Speaker 2: Those Chargers cornerbacks all play very physical. Yeah, you know who pushes around Mike Evans.
Speaker 3: Nobody can.
Speaker 2: No, that's right, No, boy, that's right.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say sixty five two third. But he's probably to forty at this point his career. Uh Jalen McMillan also on the outside. I think that with Sterling Shepherd likely out, Trey Palmer jumps into the inside because Jalen McMillan has been playing seventy five percent outside all year. I just mentioned what perimeter receivers are doing against the Chargers. I think Jayleen McMillan should get a C grade here. He's gonna get the tougher tar. HEEEB still matchup graded seventh out of two hundred and thirteen cornerbacks per football Pro Football Focus. But Evans and McMillan swap spots a ton, and honestly they play all three roles, so I think he's gonna get around just enough. He had a couple scores last week in a similar, similar matchup, a tougher matchup. Kana Hawden is on the bench three for seventy last week. His yardage total had been real low the last three weeks before that, but only two tight ends have top fifty yards against the Bucks, McBride and Kelsey. Only one tight end score, Mark Andrews, so tough spot it is in the running game. Bucky Irvin didn't practice again.
Speaker 2: Laid on the draw. Yeah, I can't let it go.
Speaker 3: The only reason I mentioned him, I think is the cotton. Because of the cotton, sounder B grade on rashad Way, Bucky Irving is like, I think he's going to be out. He didn't practice, like even as even as a Friday, he wasn't practicing. So White retook the role last week. Nineteen touches, one hundred and nine and two scores. Last week's matchup was much easier. This is a tougher one. Chargers are sixth toughest against fantasy runners. B Jon Robinson, Derek Henry and Chase Brown had great weeks against them, but it took thirty two touches, twenty six touches, and twenty seven touches to get there. More recently, Pacheco sixteen touches for sixty one yards pollared thirteen touches for sixty three yards. That feels more like what's gonna happen yere, But White gets White's likely going to get goal line work, and he's likely going to get some pass catching sall. I got a B grade on that. Sean Tucker, he was efficient with his three touches, might be in more in for more this week, but his season high for touches in a game he plays with Rashad White is six.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I have a bench grade on Seawn Tucker over to the Chargers side B grade on Justin Herbert. Five of the last seven quarterbacks to face the Bucks' worst ranked pass y had multiple scores, and those five averaged two hundred and ninety nine point eight yards. You may be saying, Scott, why are you eliminating those to those two other games? It was the Aid and O'Connell Desmond Riddo combo and it was Tommy DeVito. I'm gonna count, I'm gonna pullsks, I'm gonna say the other five or more like where Herbert is. But Herbert, his yardage is really really tanked recently, barely averaging over two hundred yards in the last month, four scores in those four weeks. But this is by far the best matchup he's gonna see. If Lad mcconka goes, I'm gonna give him a B grade as well. He's gonna get Tykee Smith, which is a tougher matchup. But prior to missing last week, he was getting hyper targeted by Herbert. Average of nine times per game. He hit six plus catches in y'all in all yardage shutals of one hundred and twenty three, eighty three and one hundred and seventeen. He had really come on and become their wide receiver. One oh for sure. If McConkie goes, get this dat. Quentin Johnson had a total of four catches in those three games. That's how hyper targeted Ladd McConkie had got.
Speaker 2: Yep, no Antoine winfield. It is game on if Ladd goes. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I had bench grades on Johnston and Palmer if lad goes. If Ladd doesn't go, I have a C grade on Quentin Johnson. I'm still leaving Palmer on the bench, even though he went six for seventy eight last week a thirty one percent target chair. If Ladd doesn't go, I mean Quenton Johnson. He's facing up against Jamal Dean, who allowed eighty seven to Jameson Williams, eighty one to Sutton, seventy three to leget. The problem is he's barely getting fifty yards a game, barely five catches. Stone start was my chake. Take a chance on me player and Kamani Videll despite out snapping Gus Edwards thirty two to twenty six. Almost everything was dead. Even the Chargers allowed the second most receiving yards and receptions to backs. But that's not Vidal's game, and that's not Gus Edwards game, and they're tough against the run. So I had both of them on the bench as they split.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you on that as well. When we come back, steel is taking on the Eagles, No George, and so can you start any Steeler in this game? Thorn Nischer will tell you when we come back. Welcome back, Fantasy Football Weekly Playoff Edition. Congratulations, I'm making the playoffs. That's step number one. That all you have to do is stay alive.
Speaker 4: And if you made the past, the thing in the guillotine leagues where there's the freeze on the roster, that yeah, that's I have to give congress, like myself in my work league. I don't know if I've mentioned that yet against my coworkers like Dwayne and you know what there?
Speaker 2: You mean?
Speaker 3: Well, Charge, I'm still alive, are in SFP and I had three zeros at my roster.
Speaker 2: What did you do with that?
Speaker 3: Trey Lance Tobert and George Pickens I left in my rosters. So I feel like I feel like it's you got them have destiny. It's a team of destiny at this point. Dang nice, I am a team five hundred out of five hundred left.
Speaker 2: Literally five hundred out of five hundred, the last team to make it make the cut.
Speaker 3: Not the last team to make the cut, but I am the lowest scoring team left.
Speaker 2: Wow. And it is by points total points? It is yeah, my my I made it to last week. I didn't make it through last week eight And O'Connell, all right, let's go back to our next block of matchups, which it begins with the Steelers taking on the Eagles and thour no George Pickens, and this Steelers offense without George Pickens is not good. And here comes the Eagles. I know Jalen Warren was your take a chance on me running back, but man, I I am so nervous that the Steelers are going to give us like a twelve point dud here? What do you think? Yes?
Speaker 4: But first I have to say, well, I'm dead in the Scott Fish ball. I have to say my championship was drafting next to Scott Fish.
Speaker 2: Live at the Minneapolis this year. After that, I mean, it doesn't matter. Everybody come this year, everybody come.
Speaker 4: Russell Wilson. I gave him a quarterback fifteen and fantasy points per game. He's averaging two hundred and fifty five passing yards per game in comparison to Justin Fields one hundred and eighty four as a starter per game. Pittsburgh probably tries to run funnel the offense this week. That's what I think against this really good Eagles pass defense, especially with pickins out. Since Week nine, Philly has allowed the second fewest passing yards per game, and the Eagles are the second toughest fantasy matchup for a pleasant quarterback. So that's why we're going to give Russell Wilson a see. I gave naj Harris a b RB twenty five and fantasy points per game. He's averaging a little over nineteen touches and almost eighty seven total yards per game. This is a solid matchup for him against a mediocre Eagles run defense. Since Week nine, the Eagles have allowed or have the sixth highest misstackle rate in the entire NFL.
Speaker 2: That surprises me.
Speaker 4: Jalen Warren of Courses might take a chance on me guy. We mentioned before that George Pickens is out for this game with his hamstring injury Unford. This is in part why Pat, the other Steelers receivers.
Speaker 2: You keep them on the bench.
Speaker 4: Pat Fryarmuth, I ticked them up to an A when we got this Pickins new Since the Week nine by Friarmuth has finished as a top eight fantasy tight end in three of five games, back to back games of twelve plus fantasy points, and last week without George Pickens, Friarmuth had an eleven point five percent target share, twenty plus percent air yard share, two point almost two point seven.
Speaker 2: Yards per route run.
Speaker 4: It was on the forty eight yards, but those are those are good indicators, so I'm giving him an A. Moving over to the Eagles, I give Jalen Hurts a BE usually give him an. Am going to give him a B this time. Number four quarterback and fantasy points for the season. But this is a really, really tough matchup. Obviously against the Steelers. The Steelers are the only defense to get this. The Steelers are the only defense to not give up a twenty point fantasy game to an opposing quarterback all year. This one defense. It is the Steelers, so that's I didn't have a choice. I had to make hurd some of be Sae Kwon Barkley, of course, is your must start A. I also made Aj Brown by extension of B in this one. Brown is average shade less than six targets per game the last eight weeks.
Speaker 2: In this game, he has to face Joey Porter Junior.
Speaker 4: Porter hasn't allowed a touchdown as the nearest defender all season long. Opposing wider yes, opposing wide receivers only have a fifty eight percent catch rate against him. That's pretty insane too. And the Steelers allowed the least fantasy points to opposing wide receiver once on the other roster.
Speaker 2: So that's why I gave Aj Brown a B.
Speaker 3: I'm Ricky wheel Mouse Shee's whatever.
Speaker 4: Week two, Yeah, Calcutta, not just kidding, DeVonta Smith. I gave him a grade of C eleven point seven Fantasy points last week. He's averaging four point six targets per game since the Week five by the Eagles have turned into a run heavy, defensive oriented team and this is a bad matchup. The Steelers are the fifth worst schedule adjusted matchup for opposing wide receiver, so I gave Davanta see. I also gave our boy Calcutta Grand call.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: In five games where kal Kata has been the starting tight end, he's finished his tight end won twice. He had a tight end twelve finish and a tight end nine finish. The Steelers are good against opposing tight ends. However, in the last five games, the Steelers have allowed the eight fewest schedule adjusted fantasy points per game to opposing tight end. So that's why I gave Kolkata see.
Speaker 2: Patriots take on the Cardinals, and the only Patriot I think you're gonna be tempted to play hers Ormondre Stevenson. Let's focus on him. He's giving enough touches that the sheer volume. He's usually startable, but he has not scored in a month, and Arizona's a sneaky good run defense. Since way back in Week five, only two runners have posted rushing touchdowns against the Cardinals, although one was Zach Sarbony last week. Most other starting running backs are struggling massively against Arizona. Get this list. Aaron Jones, Kenneth Walker, Breese Hall, DeAndre Swift, JK Dobbins and Josh Jacobs. These are all like top twelve running backs averaged four five scoreless yards against the Arizona Cardinals. They're way better at run defense than you think. And I can only get you to a C grade. And Romandri Stevenson. Drake May is on the bench, but I'll note that he usually finds his way to a decent fantasy outcome in one way or another. But this is a really tough matchup. May has exactly one passing touchdown in four of his last five games. He's playing behind the league's most injury ravaged offensive line, and he ends up scrambling for solid yardage every game. Since taking over full time, May has more Get this, Since taking over full time, Drake May has more rushing yardage than Lamar Jackson Arizona is. I know Arizona's an above average pass defense, and since Week four, opposing quarterbacks are running for only ten yards per game against them. Fantasy playoffs, I can't. I just I can't get you to Drake May as much as I've enjoyed it season. And Hunter Henry also on the bench. He is the safest of the Patriots receiving options since Drake may took over reaveraging seven targets five catches a game, only one scores all over that time. And the Cardinals are an elite tight end defense. They've only allowed two tight ends scores all year. No tight end is top twenty yards since way back in Week seven. That is a crazy stat. So Hunter Heny on the bench here. Let's go to Arizona side, where we've got a little more optimism, including at the running back position, where James Connor comes in with an A grade. Cardinals likely to get ahead of early and then run the ball plenty. New England sees the seventh most rushing attempts for just that reason, Connor averaging fifteen carries per game, and I expect you'll see far more than fifteen in this very favorable matchup. Runners with at least fifteen carries against the Patriots averaging ninety one rushing yards, fifteen more receiving yards, yes, and half a touchdown. So we'll give an A grade one.
Speaker 3: Hundred plus and a coin flip for a touchdown if you get fifteen touches, Yeah, who hit.
Speaker 2: That to take that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Let's go to the passing game. Drey McBride a grade, still no touchdowns, but dominating every other category. Although it thinks he's got the rushing touchdown right for Drey McBride, yep, the rushing touchdown receiving touchdowns. The Patriots have played basically no good tight ends, but McBride's closest comparable to a face New England John new Smith and George Kittle both scored and average sixty yards trade McBride a gray and Marvin Harrison incredibly touchdown dependent. When he does not score, His average game is two catches for twenty eight yards. Yeah, that's awful. That is four point eight PPR points and that is a first round exit from your fantasy playoffs. So will this touchdown dependent player score a touchdown? The good news is that he's an end zone ball hog, averaging one end zone target per game. The Patriots have decent cornerbacks, but they do give up touchdowns. Christian Gonzalez allows just a fifty seven percent completion rate and two touchdowns allowed this year. That's not great news. Marcus Jones on the other side, fifty eight percent completion rate, three touchdowns allowed this year not great. Jonathan Jones, though a whopping six touchdowns allowed fourth most that's from the slot, and Marvin Harrison runs about a third of his routes from the slot. So an optimistic B grade on Marvin Harrison, but danger here. Know the downside, if you're protecting a lead against Cooper Cup, don't play Marvin Harrison. That's how you could lind.
Speaker 3: Up building your lead.
Speaker 2: Last thing, Kyler Murray. Patriots have only faced one mobile quarterback all year, Anthony Richardson, in the game before last week's bye week, and Richardson ran for forty eight yards in a touchdown. Not bad. Patriots have allowed multiple passing touchdowns in five for the past six games, and two of those quarterbacks threw for four touchdowns against the Patriots. Murray is rarely fired on all cylinders, ground and air, almost never all year, but this is the matchup where it could happen. I like Marie in this game, and I'm giving him an A grade against this defense because the prospect of him going air ground is real, all right, Scott. That brings us to the Falcons taking on the Raiders in this game. This whole Falcons team has just got the stench of death on it right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I think there's some grades to be.
Speaker 2: Had against the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Against the Raiders, yeah, five of the last six quarterbacks to play the Raiders have had multiple scores and the one that didn't had three hundred plus and a score. So basically six really good games in a row. It's a bottom ten passy. It's a good spot for Cousins, who has been absolutely gross lately, copious amounts of interceptions and a dearth of scores. Death isn't even the right words. I mean it's zero. He's at zero basically in the last month. I'm still giving a C grade to Cousins. I think against this defense he can find his way there. Drake London's been absolutely fine with Cousins terrible month, like he could do better.
Speaker 2: Barnold Mooney.
Speaker 3: He's averaged six for seventy nine per game in Cousins bad month. He's still seeing more targets, catches, snaps, red zone tar everything than Mooney, but Mooney has a few more yards. So I'm gonna give a C grade on Mooney. Huge game last week, but he was sub thirty yards and back to back before that. But this matchup's just way too good for the past game.
Speaker 2: And Mooney was also dinged up in those games. He's healthier now he's off the injury.
Speaker 3: And he gets to see Dicamrion Richardson, who we talked about last week, who had allowed two hundred and forty three yards in the previous three last week, well, you allowed another sixty one last week, so like it's it's it's near three hundred in the last last month. So good spot, decent spot for Mooney. I got the C grade on him. Ray Ray McLeod. I was really tempted to give a C grade on Raiders. Give up the fourth most fantasy points to the slot. The last three slot guys against the Raiders sixty three yards, ninety yards, and eighty yards. But those slot guys were kind of the lead receiver for those teams. So I'm gonna put Ray Ray on the bench. But I understand the dart throw. They give a lot up to the slot. They do Kyle Pitts, I've vascinated there.
Speaker 2: So late Raiders are getting killed by tight end. Yes, Kyle Pitts has been terrible, So what do you do.
Speaker 3: I've vacillated between bench and C grade. It's a great matchup. It's their fourth worst and in the last six weeks, tight ends are averaging eighty eight for ninety nine and a score on the Raiders. Those are team totals because Gray and Kelsey kind of combined on a couple of those non Kyle Pitts tight ends have two catches. Sorry, let me let me go past that. But John went over one hundred. Gseki went over one hundred. The Kelsey Gray combo twice went went for that much. Just a really great spot. But Kyle Pitts has topped fourteen yards just once in the last five games.
Speaker 2: That's awful.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely terrible. Given how bad they are against the slot and how bad they're against the tight end position. I can stand giving him a C grade here.
Speaker 2: I think I really hit it the grade C.
Speaker 3: Grade Bjeon Robinson's getting the A. If the Vikings run dye couldn't slow Robinson and his twenty touch averaged last week, I don't know how the Raiders a bottom half run dye in basically every category is going to stop the guy averaging one hundred and five total yards and four catches. Tyler Algier. The season has been what it is, fifteen to sixty yards. You need the score for him to be fantasy relevant. When he doesn't get the score, he's not fantasy he doesn't he's not start worthy. Over on the other side, you're not starting rheta or orconno no matter who starts, so you don't have to worry about that. What you do need to know is Jacoby Myers is getting the B grade. He's He's been below a twenty five percent target share just once since DeVante Adams left. In fact, just one sence. Yeah, I think about we three Jacoby Meyer super reliable. Yeah, Falcons A lot quarterbacks are Yeah. Falcons allowed the second most fantasy points to wide receivers and the most to the perimeter, where Jacoby plays two thirds of the time. I'm B grade on Jacoby Myers, auto A on Brock Bauers. I know Mayor broke out last week, but that's that's just not going to be common. Sincere McCormick C grade saw fifteen of the sixteen running back carries last week, route share went up top ten run dee only two backs and top sixty yards in the last half of the season only four rushing scores. So he's gonna get the volume, but I'm not sure how productive he's gonna be So he's getting that volume seed.
Speaker 2: Old the old volume, old volume. See I delivered one this already of the show.
Speaker 3: Vole absolutely.
Speaker 2: I like McCormick a little better than you do. I think this Falcons Falcons defense well off. Everything just doesn't it feels off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you look at the fifteen plus touchbacks, they've done decent and he should get that.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get that.
Speaker 3: I think he's going to get that.
Speaker 2: Final set of matchups.
Speaker 5: We've got a Sunday nighter and a Monday nighter.
Speaker 2: Green Bay taking on Seattle will tell you what to expect from the always troubling green Bay Wide receivers when we come back. Stay tuned. Final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly. Thank you for joining, y'all. You can still get in late season Guillotine Leagues Guillotine Leagues dot Com. You can play for prizes, you can play for free, play with your friends, play with strangers however you want to play. Guillotine Leagues dot Com. Drafts happening maybe right now, depending when you're listening, or maybe near now, depending on when you're listening. You're listening at like two in the morning. It's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: You know what, I have no matchup this segment. I'm going to join one right now.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yes, joy to go Guillotine Leagues dot Com join one right now. Let's get to our final two matchups. Store Green Bays taking on the Seattle Seahawks. The Green Bay receivers thore Oh, what a freaking nightmare every week trying to find the right guy. Last week, Jaden Reid no catches. Christian Watson went off, what are you doing this week? Yes?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, but at first I have to say I don't have to join a new guillets league coworkers to.
Speaker 2: Wayne and Ian in a blender. I probably haven't mentioned that yet, but sorry, boys.
Speaker 3: First time hearing of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We'll start with Jordan Love. I gave him a bee.
Speaker 4: Love has been a Fantasy Kibi one only once since Week eleven. He didn't attempt more than twenty eight passes in any of those games, and this is a bad matchup against a good Seattle pass defense. Since shifting to a predominant two I coverage look in Week eleven, Seattle has allowed the fourth fewest yards per attempt. Josh Jacobs is an obvious start a Jade getting into that Quagmire Packers receiving.
Speaker 2: There you go, well, I'm gonna be.
Speaker 4: Wrong no matter what I say, so we'll just go with it. Jayden Reid, I'm giving him a CEE. He had that one target, zero catch week last week. You guys all know about that. He did have one hundred and thirteen yards in the previous game against Detroit. Speaking to the Quagmer situation, there, Reid gets more targets versus this kind of too high coverage that Seattle plays. I will say in his favor, he's first on the even first read share against too high.
Speaker 2: But it's the Packers.
Speaker 4: So I give him a seed, just like I'm giving Romeo Dobbs and spoiler alert, just like I'm giving Christian Watson. Dobbs is in concussion protocol, but he did practice Wednesday and Thursday, appears to be on track playing on Sunday. He hasn't finished higher than wide receiver forty five and weekly scoring since week seven and no go ahead and since Week eleven. Seattle ranks number four in that too high coverage rate that I talked about. Dobbs is number two on the team in yards per route run against too high. Christian Watson gave him a seed. This matchup not as good for him. We'll get into that in a second, but two one hundred yard receiving performances in his last four games likely needs at least one home run ball to get back there again in this game Watson.
Speaker 2: Watson's usage goes down against these.
Speaker 4: Two I coverage looks since those are designed to take away the deep looks that he thrives in. Since Week eleven, Seattle has allowed perimeter wide receivers to score the second fewest receiving yards per game. But I gave Watson a seed, just like I'm giving the rest of him Tucker Craft.
Speaker 2: However, I'm given.
Speaker 4: An a tight end ten and fantasy points per game, and he should get plenty of targets this week against the Seattle defense that is not good against opposing tight ends. Seattle has allowed the tenth most receiving years per game to that position. Moving over to the Seahawks, Gino Smith, I gave him a B. He has four consecutive underwhelming fantasy outings. Since Week eight. He has finished as a quarterback one in Fantasy only one time. The opportunity is here for a better showing against the Packers defense that can be thrown on. Since Week nine, green Bay has allowed the fifth highest passer rating and the second highest success rate in the NFL. Kenneth Walker, he doesn't look like he's gonna play. He is doubtful, so keep him on the bench. Zach Charboney, he is an a he was might take a chance on me guy last week.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to break or anything. I don't know. If only we had some way to identify he had a pretty good game last week.
Speaker 4: He finishes an RB one that week, and he needs to be started here if indeed Kenneth Walker is out. Charbonney has averaged twenty seven point three Fantasy points in the three games where Kenneth Walker did not play.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven point three.
Speaker 2: Yes, he goes off.
Speaker 4: Keep in mind that the road favorite Green Bay Packers surrendered the ninth fewest rushing yards. But that being sad, you gotta start Sermaney dk metcalf. I give him a B. Four straight games without a touchdown. He is not top seventy receiving yards in any game during that stretch. There is a possibility for a decent game here against a middling Packers pass defense, but I'm not overly bullish. Since week nine, green Bay is number fifteen in receiving yards per game allowed to bounder wide receivers, so just middle of the pack there gave him a be just like I gave Jackson Smith and Jigbabbe wide receiver fourteen and fantasy points per game. He's only finished lower than wide receiver sixteen and Fantasy weekly scoring once since Week nine. The Packers have a middle of the road pass defense, but also a middle of the road pass defense against opposing slot wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Since Week eleven, green Bay has.
Speaker 4: Utilized too high coverage looks at the sixth highest rate in the NFL, and JSN has a team leading sixteen point four percent target share against too high I'm.
Speaker 2: Surprise he's not an a knowing how much you love it and what you're just saying. I'm not trying to talk to you into it. I'm I'm just a little surprised.
Speaker 4: We'll give JSNNA the two high coverage looks. That's what we talked about last week, where it gives more room in the intermediate for JSN to slice and dice, and we're giving JSNNA this week. Noah Fanto, my boy from Iowa. I'm we're giving him a c. He's averaging twenty two receiving yards per game since his return to the lineup, has a red zone target in each of the last two games. However, and this is a decent matchup if you need a streamer. Green Bay has allowed the seventh most receiving yards per game to opposing tight ends this season.
Speaker 2: The Monday Night game one of the two Monday Night games, Chicago taking on Minnesota in Minnesota, these teams played just three games ago. It was an overtime thriller with fifty seven points scored in this game three weeks ago. So let's try to find some guys to play here, and there are a few. I'm gonna start with Keenan Allen targeted fifteen times when these teams met three weeks ago, and I would tell you the Vikings are going to watch the tape and make sure that doesn't happen again. But they've struggled with quality slot receivers all season long, and that includes last week when ray Ray McLeod posted eight catches for ninety eight yards against Minnesota and under Thomas Brown, the new offensive coordinator and head coach Alan averaging a whopping nine targets per game nine times. For Keenan Allen it's resulted in three quarters of a touchdown per game, so I'm unusually optimistic about Keenan Allen with a B grade. Also B grade for Dj Moore more smoked the Vikings for one hundred yards and a touchdown three weeks ago. He runs from the left side of the field a lot more than anywhere else, which means his most common defender will be Shaq Griffin, a decent but not special cornerback. He is allowing a paltry fifty four percent catch right, which is excellent. He hasn't given up a score in six games, so he is good. I wouldn't call Shack Griffin a shutdown corner, and Dj Moore is still startable. B grade here considered to see, but I'm going B ultimately and staying with the passing game. Roman dunsay that is a C grade. He did score twice last week, including a beautiful toe tapper in the back corner of the end zone. I think just the best overall play that Romadunzey has had all season, and the problem is this volume remains way lower than Keenan Allen and Dj Moore. That makes him more of a dart throw Vikings outside cornerback Stephan Gilmore might miss another game, and if I knew he was gonna miss, I could see pushing Roman Dunza to a B grade.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: Journeyman Fabian Moreau is the stop gap if Stephan Gilmore cannot play, a Duneesa probably more reliable in that situation. In just two games of play from Minnesota, Moreau has already allowed a touchdown, So Rouman Dunsa Roman Dunsay C grade. Cole Comet normally one of the least reliable titands in the fantasy landscape, but he's consistently good against Minnesota, in particular over the past four years, Comet averaging six targets, four catches forty two yards, which is not bad. And he had a big game against the Vikings three weeks ago. But Minnesota has not allowed a tight end score since way back in Week four. And I've got col Comette with a C grade and that that leaves us in the passing game. With Caleb Williams, I've given his receiving targets b's and c's. The Vikings have are a giving up less than one passing touchdown per game over the last six so I don't think there's a lot of upside here. And Williams, who's been running a little more. But the Vikings give up just eleven quarterback rushing yards per game. That's the second fewest in the league. And so Caleb is just a C grade. That brings us to DeAndre Swift.
Speaker 3: The running game is gonna be fun in this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, okay, first, we don't even know who if he's gonna play, or who the running back might be.
Speaker 3: As Swift and Roshan missed practice Friday.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Swift has got Now there's an next because it's a Monday game up, So Swift he's got groin and quad injuries. Roshawn Johnson hasn't cleared the concussion protocol that he's been in for like three weeks. So it may be Travis Homer. You could pick him up in as a desperation play, but that's all it would be Kings. I know that's the problem. Now. The Vikings are an elite run defense, arguably the best run defense this year. But I will note this, the last two games the Vikings have been without their middle linebacker. I've in Pace. Now, in those two games, the Vikings have given up one hundred and ten and one hundred and fifty five rushing yards, and Pace is on ir He's not going to play in this game. So here's where MultiMate ultimately at with this. If DeAndre Swift completely clears the injury protocols and he is off the injury report, I would say start him at a C grade, and if not, I'm benching all the runners against the Vikings. All right, let's go to Minnesota side of this matchup, beginning with Justin Jefferson obvious a grade A in a tougher matchup against Jalen Johnson. Now, Matt, the way Matt Eberflus used his defenders, including Jalen Johnson, was a lot of zone. I'm really hoping that interim defensive coordinator Eric Washington will give us more of the Jalen Johnson on Justin Jefferson one on one matchup that I think. I would love to see one of the best, one of the best cornerbacks in the league against one of the best receivers in the league. But I don't know if that's gonna happen. And it's still Justin Jefferson and he's still gonna get the A grade this one. How about Jordan Addison over the last five games, Jordan Addison is wide receiver four days.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: Wow. Now it's because a lot of teams defenses are doing whatever it takes to stop Justin Jefferson. And now Jordan Addison is seeing all this single coverage. He's gotten good enough at this stage of his sophomore year where he is just getting open and Sam Darnold's just dealing. He's finding him open. Addison's getting separation through better route running and through speed. Al Lewis of The Athletic dropped this on me earlier today. The fastest receiver clock time, receiver times over the past month, and I don't have the exact stats or numbers, is Jordan Addison in the NFL free three free three free three baby. So Jordan Addison ends up with a and by the way, earlier matchup with Chicago eight catches one hundred and sixty two yards in a touchdown for Jordan Addison. Be great in this one. TJ. Hockinson in the week twelve meeting, the Vikings identified Chicago linebacker TJ. Edwards, and they threw at him constantly, and he gave up one hundred and thirty three yards in his coverage in that game. And Hockinson went for one hundred and fourteen yards in that game. And since then, the Bears are getting harpooned by opposing tight ends. Do I have a harpoon sound? Yeah, we'll call it a harpoon for our purposes here.
Speaker 3: It sounds more harpoony than it does, Darty.
Speaker 2: It kind of does. Since then, the last two weeks Bears gave up two touchdowns to Sam Laporta, and last week George Kittle one hundred fifty one yards against the Bears. TJ. Hockinson a gray. So now let's go to Sam Darnold coming up the best game of his career, and obviously I do like him in this matchup, but I don't know if I see explosive output coming. The Bears are far easier to run upon than pass. And we'll talk about Aaron Jones in a minute. I've got a's and b's for his receivers, so I still like the passing game. I expect closer to the two touchdown performance that Donald gave us in Week twelve against the Bears. I've got a B grade on him, absolutely startable. And then there's Aaron Jones. In the week twelve meeting, Jones broke out of a month long slump with one hundred and twenty nine total yards in a touchdown. And Jones has scored in all three games since then, and he's coming off his best game in I don't know two months last week. The way you beat the Bears is on the ground, and they're turning into one of these softest ground matchups in the league. Over the past three weeks. The Bears ranked bottom five and fantasy points to runners bottom five, and rushing yards bottom five and rushing touchdowns allowed. And got a B grade on Aaron Jones kind of spineless. I probably should give him an A grade in this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like Aaron joking this matchup quite a bit, all right. If you if you played against Cooper Cup, take don't take a lot of chances with your roster. Protect your lead. You've gotten early.
Speaker 5: Said right, play it safe.
Speaker 2: If you started Cooper Cup, you need dark drows, you need some magic to happen. Find a quarterback, wide receiver, hookup or a quarterback tight end hookup that maybe you can exploit.
Speaker 4: And if you're one of my coworkers playing against me in a guillote league.
Speaker 2: Just give up.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 5: Over.
Speaker 4: I know I haven't brought that up yet in this episode, but it's over.
Speaker 2: Just give up. I love it man. Thank you for listening, everybody. We'll be back for a semi finals edition of Fantasy Football Weekly next week. Good luck everyone. Bye bye