Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is me, Joey p joep Zapia. With me is the Welsh and today we're gonna be doing something really fun. We're looking at the top ten must have prospects for your teams at twenty twenty five. And Welsh is a bit of a prospect guru himself. You can check out all his prospect write ups in the Black Book. But we decided to go a little bit deeper on the show today. That's right, bringing a real professional not like well, we got Jeff Ponce from Baseball America joining us today. Jeff, we are so excited to have you on the program talking prospects and trying to find out some players are gonna be helpful to us in twenty twenty five. I know you guys are a little bit more towards the dynasty long term prospect stuff, but we appreciate you changing gears a little bit with us today joining us on the program. Make sure you follow him at Jeff Ponce po NTSBA and Baseball America has got a lot of fun stuff going on. Let's talk about that, and let's talk about you getting excited for spring training and baseball starting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely want to just thank you guys for for having me on the show. I've played in leagues with with Joe over the years, played in tel Wars with you for a couple of years when.
Speaker 2: I was still in the Heads Ahead.
Speaker 3: Now I moved to an online draft so I don't have to travel to New York drop like a g.
Speaker 2: You know I would.
Speaker 3: It was like the most expensive, like three days of like my my calendar year. But because of spring training and the way my calendar is, the weekend that they're there when the Spring breakout games happened and I got to be down and then Florida for the Spring breakout games, are going to be with a good friend of Welsh, a mutual friend of ours, friend Dan.
Speaker 4: I was invited to this just like a content house. By the way, it's a prospect. There's a prospect content house. It's it's like a mansion.
Speaker 1: It was the worst reality show, No, I'm reality show you've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Oh, it would just all be sitting there talking about We're like, well, Travis Bozano is.
Speaker 1: Like seventy on this point.
Speaker 4: I a pretty sure, but it's like it's like a mansion that doesn't belong to us. But yeah, no, you've been. You're killing it, Jeff, and we've we've you know, you and I go back a long time, and I know we're not as handsome as like, it's not like you know, Scott Broun and Krantz and stuff and everything like that. You've been on foul terrace.
Speaker 1: For yourself, Welsh. I'm a handsome a right.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, Bron's got me covered. But if people don't know. Also, you know, you've been doing your great work at Baseball America but also been on foul territory, which has been pretty great for you as well.
Speaker 2: Jeff. Yeah, right, we're gonna last.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start here with the obvious guy at the top of the list. So spoiler alert, everybody. Roki Sazaki from the Dodgers is gonna be the first guy we talked about. There will be some more, let's say, legitimate ish prospects we're gonna really break down, but we gotta start with Rokye Sazaki because he is a Dodger, much less a grin of pretty much everybody in baseball at this stage, and he is a guy that certainly has a lot of upside. Last year ten and five of two three five ERA, over one hundred eleven innings in the Japanese League, one hundred and twenty nine strikeouts, thirty two walks. This is a player that the upside at just twenty three years of age is going to be huge. And now because he's a Dodger. That's my biggest fear too, is the the inflation rate. And again that's a that's a really tricky word here when you're talking about the Dodgers, but the inflation rate of Roki now being a Dodger, I'm sure it was gonna push him up draft for us. But the question is how much of a turn can he be in your opinion as a prospect getting thrust into that rotation. The change in terms of, you know, what it is to pitch every fifth day for the amount of days he's going to have to pitch as opposed to in Japan the amount of innings you gonna have to go. You saw Yamamoto misstarts in the beginning of last year have a rocky beginning to the season. So what does the Roki Sazaki twenty twenty five look like for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think, you know, we can look at the Dodgers' rotation now and probably assume with Otani backthrowing, though he's not going to throw in that first series, they're probably going to go to like a six man rotation.
Speaker 2: So I think he's probably going to be on somewhat.
Speaker 3: Of like a college Japanese sort of style schedule, will probably only pitch once a week, which obviously does have its limitations in fantasy. You know, if you're in head to head points leagues like I am, getting that two step, you know is really a huge difference maker. You want to have as many two start pitchers as you possibly can every week in my league at least, and.
Speaker 2: It makes a huge difference.
Speaker 3: So I think that's one area that you can probably immediately point to and say, all right, like, his innings are probably going to be a little bit more limited than the other guys that he might be priced around. I think for redraft, I could see him potentially being overpriced. I think when you're buying more in a dynasty setting, you're looking at the long term investment. You're looking at, Hey, what's this guy going to be in four or five six years? What he is as a trade asset. It's just sort of a different approach in terms of how you make that valuation. Now, in terms of the guy that's going to come over, I think it's very similar just from like a nuts and bolts perspective to the picture that shoe hey Otani was when he first came over in twenty seventeen. What do I mean by that hard forcing fastball probably has some spin efficiency issues in terms of like, he's not a huge ride guy. A lot of his six sas and his bat missing ability with that is because he sits in the upper registers. When Roki Sasaki is right. You know, last year his velocity he had ticked down a little bit. But when this guy is right, like he had been in twenty two when he was set in the world on fire and had those back to back near perfect games, he was sitting ninety nine to one hundred and one miles per hour on his four seen fastballs. He was really blowing it by guys, we know that velocity at that level really buys you, you know, a lot of leeway in terms of where you locate, in terms of how it moves. You know, he's not a guy who has great feel for spin. I would call out that as probably the biggest question mark I have is does he have a major league quality breaking ball. He's spinning his slider somewhere around two thousand RPMs, which is really, really low. I assume that's something that the Dodgers are probably going to put some work into. They're going to try to figure out. As this was part of the homework assignment for teams at sigin Roki figure out why his velocity dropped and how he can get back there. He understands that when he throws his breaking ball hard, when he throws his we're seeing basketball hard.
Speaker 2: Everything plays off of that.
Speaker 3: He does have a world class splitter, and we've seen how splitters are.
Speaker 2: Playing at the major league level right now.
Speaker 3: I would say the biggest difference between the player that I thought Paul Skeins was when he was drafted and the guy that we got in the major leagues was that splinker. When he added that pitch, he added an eighty sort of off speed breaking ball, which is so unique. Roki has that kind of It's almost like a cut splitter in terms of how it moves.
Speaker 2: It can move glove side, it can move onside.
Speaker 3: So there's some sort of like almost like the ghost split with Senga that you sort of can't predict where it's going to land, which really puts a lot of pressure on batters. So I think, like you look at him and you're like, he's this great off speed pitch.
Speaker 2: He's got velocity.
Speaker 3: He has an organization behind him that can probably get him to sort of rip off a harder, you know, maybe more dynamic breaking ball that's really sort of the low hanging fruit. He is a bit more of a project than Yamamoto was. Yamamoto was, you know, a three time more or less cy young winner over there in terms of what the equivalency is for that award.
Speaker 1: What a smaller frame, right, you're talking about Roki Sazaki, guy who six's two, you know, as oppos Yamamoto. I think the size that was a big question about him coming to the MLP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think the thing with Yamamoto is, you know, he does some things that are kind of unusual from the sense that you know, he can sort of pronate on the four seam and ride it a little bit, but he can also really get the RPMs up on that breaking ball and you know, we've moved away from like just raw spin, but when you're evaluating a guy at like a base level of what does this guy have the capacity to become, looking at that ability to generate spin is sort of like a natural ability that you can then sort of develop into other pitch.
Speaker 2: Shapes I think.
Speaker 3: I mean it's something that I think, like two years down the road, we may look at it and say he's throwing an eighty seven mile per hour sweeper like Otani ad it right, Like, there are some things that this guy can do to sort of develop his pitch.
Speaker 2: Mix a little bit more.
Speaker 3: I think what Japanese development, particularly on the pitching side, does really well is they developed guys that compete in the zone, strike throwers, really good movers, and like fluid mechanics. They're not as deep into the pitch sort of development game as we are over here. And I think we've seen this with a lot of these Japanese pitchers that come over is that with the right sort of coaching, they can add sort of that next gear. They can add a sinker and sort of different pitches that they didn't need to have in Japan sort of navigate these tougher lineups, because you know, the top end of Japanese players I think is pretty comparable at this point to the top end of American players. But when you start to look at the depth of each of those rosters, that's what the signature difference is.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'll throw in just real quick because you did the big breakdown which was super important about Roki Suzaki. But I think, in my take here is the number one guy. Like this is clear that some people wuld argue even in the prospect game, if you're looking long term, he would be the number one guy. A lot of it is built around proximity and the stuff. But when you come back to redraft, yes he's the number one guy. He's gonna be the number one guy by virtue of ADPs. But my problem was is exactly the word you said. You said project, and I still believe there might be some project in there. He lost a couple miles per hour from the WBC into last year. The sliders you mentioned is a little bit questionable. They've got a gajillion arms. Kershaka had still come out from the clouds here, and the benefit of what they're going to want and when to throw him out is in question, so I've been throwing out I'm not even sure there's a guarantee until they tell us that he is in the rotation to start the year. I don't think it would be out of character for them to say, we got some stuff we want to work on to get him right. I'm not saying that's a guarantee, but I'm not as interested in the adp current ADPs of a guy like Roki Sazaki with some things that I think still need to kind of adjust. It's the best organization. But last thing I'll throw out here is what we are learning, which I do think is important for people, is the old school two hundred innings and eighty innings and stuff. That's just the markers move down, Like you can get a SP three out of a guy that has one hundred and twenty or one hundred and thirty innings this year, and that's where Rookie is projected in one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty range on a six man rotation. All of that's great, but if his cost was outside the top forty, I'd be in. It's not. It's inside the top thirty. So I'm a little bit thirty six.
Speaker 1: It's thirty six, and the names around there, Hunter Brown, Spencer Schwellenbach, Joe Ryan, Carls Rodan, even a guy that you know. Sometimes I'm vere iffy on I think I would rather have Carlos Rodon just for twenty twenty five. But if you're in keeper league's obviously a very different scenario. But in just redraft alone, thirty six is aggressive.
Speaker 4: December January eighty piece. By the way, on NFBC, I think Szaki was going inside the top thirty I just want to throw out so like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this isn't have a yemma modo. Last year too, it went from being reasonable to super aggressive right away, and that's when I was out. Let's talk about another guy or traditional route, Christian Campbell, Boston Red Sox. First little guy plays the in field, plays the out field. Jeff, you think that there's a chance this guy could even break with the club and that would be a huge win. Campbell last year made the rocket ship climb a ball or high a I should say double a tria A combined one hundred and fifteen games, twenty homer, seventy seven RBI, stole, twenty four bags, hit three point thirty with a nine to ninety seven ops. I mean the numbers are all there, so certainly the rocket ship has taken flight. Does it land in Boston in April?
Speaker 2: I think it does.
Speaker 3: They came out yesterday and said that he's going to compete for a job in spring. They don't have to make a statement like that this early. I think you look at the players that are on the roster. I think David Hamilton is a better utility player for them. He can get exposed if he plays too much defense at any position, particularly in the infield over a long stretch. You also have to sort of deal with, you know, potentially some some you know, maintenance. I think with Trevor's story, just hoping that he can get back to a point that maybe he can play one hundred and forty one hundred and fifty games. And I think, you know, you take a look at what Campbell did. This was a guy that was drafted in the fourth round, was considered kind of an afterthought in that draft.
Speaker 2: At college, you know, really.
Speaker 3: Was more of a Colin Simpson Victor Scott kind of a hitter.
Speaker 2: He was a guy that went the other way. He put the ball in play.
Speaker 3: He used his speed, you know, in quality defense to sort of make an impact. He was not a home run hitter. The team saw some things in him. They saw the fact that he had a big six', three really athletic.
Speaker 2: Frame you.
Speaker 3: KNOW i had the privilege of being around That worcester clubhouse over the last couple of series of the year and got to Know christian And, anthony you Know Roman anthony pretty well And Kyle teel and just the work ethic on On campbell was just kind of a different a different. ANIMAL i, mean this is a guy that went out and would take extra ground balls and extra infield practice at third, base at, shortstop at second, base would go and take balls in the outfield and then come back in and. Hit the changes that they made with his batpath were very, minimal but it unlocked a ton of bat. Speed it unlocked a ton of power that he didn't previously. Have the underlying contact quality metrics like x wobecon he had one of the highest x wobacons in all. Baseball that's a metric that comes from. Teams from my, reporting it's not publicly, available but that number puts him in the top ten in terms of contact. Quality so it's looking at launch, angles it's looking at you, know how hard the ball was, hit what field the ball was hit, to in terms of you know what's when this guy makes, contact how often is this, ball what kind of you, know wOBA is this guy going to have on balls and?
Speaker 2: Play he just really.
Speaker 3: Slugs he is excellent at keeping a really tighty, zone doesn't swing and miss in the. Zone the underlying metrics got better at every single. Level the production got better at every single. Level that shows me. Aptitude AND i think that that's sort of like the, unwritten under discussed characteristic of prospects is these guys that are, elite they get better at each. Stage is they're perfected with better, coaching better, opportunities better. EQUIPMENT i, mean in The Worcester, clubhouse they don't even take. It TOOK vp on field once a week because they have a traject machine in the bowels of The Worcester. Stadium so he's going in there and he's Facing Garrett cole every single.
Speaker 2: Day you, know it just puts you into a different AND i think.
Speaker 3: The place that The Red sox are at with hitting development right, now they're really turning up the. Cranks guys are coming out much better hitters than we had expected them to. Be you put all this, together they need right handed power in that. Lineup they need a guy that is dynamic and can play and be versatile over the. Field campbell really fits that for, him and it also puts them into consideration for A ppi pick if he does hit and he does succeed and he ends up in the top three of The rookie of The year voting or wins THE Al rookie of The, year, which by the, way Once asaki signed in THE, nl the path is a little bit.
Speaker 1: More the path is. Easier, yeah it might be for internally in his own.
Speaker 4: TIME i just did a short on. This if you guys follow us on some of the, SOCIALS i just did a short on, this you. Know AND i want to throw in, too BECAUSE i think when someone when you Hear Christian campbell on, here you guys are, like, hey what About Roman. ANTHONY i want to point out this specific.
Speaker 1: Pick this Is.
Speaker 4: Jeff jeff Had Christian campbell also A Red sox. Guy here, too Has Christian campbell Over Roman Anthony from That redraft, standpoint as your number one, guy you Had Christian. Campbell WHEN i asked you for this list Over Rokie sazaki and the THING i want to point out too With, CAMPBELL i actually am more enamored With campbell Than anthony because of the hitter that he is. Now anthony has some you want to call it louder, tools maybe a louder bat or a potential louder, Bat BUT i love the quality of contact with a guy Like. Campbell he had a twenty twenty season he hit over three. Hundred two of the three levels he hit over three. Hundred he hits lefties and righties both really. Well there's A Mookie Betts neiss to him where you look at maybe the size of futility the, yeah well you also look at the size.
Speaker 1: And the quick. Hands but he generates power like when he hits as it's funny they kind of pop off the. Bat we Watch Roman Anthony hill, running he drives the. Ball When i'm watching the video Of, campbell it's like he swings and he hits the ball so hard it pops up in the air and it goes out and it's a very different home run path that you see out of most. Guys and it's because of the bat speed that he generates with the hands being so. Quick that's the.
Speaker 4: Thing it really, stucks AND i Think campbell has the potential to put up A Jackson churio type of season where there can be some, slows some, goes and then all of a sudden it really pops with that great quality of contact at the, end where maybe he's not even the most physically. Imposing, Again anthony is just like big power bat that people feel, like, hey this could be thirty plus. Homerunpower but don't be surprised If campbell's there all, year kind of goes through the up and. Downs you've talked about him coming through the. ADVERSITY i really love. This i've Moved campbell up more and more and. More he was probably the highest rising guy for most people that rank prospects last, season SO i think this is super. Sneaky we will talk About Roman anthony, here But Christian campbell going in kind of this tier one of. Prospects for redraft.
Speaker 1: Trying to get your draft, on use The Draft wizard. Again the expert rankings are. There you can perform quick mock drafts and receive real time advice during your draft to build a winning team practice your draft strategies and minutes at anytime realistic mock drafts powered by our expert. Insights you can get live draft advice and player recommendations every time you're on the. Clock so if you're ready to, win head over To Fantasy worlds dot, com SLASH Mlb Draft wizard or just download THE Mlb Draft wizard app, kids because that's the easy way to do it and start drafting smarter. Today, welsh let's kick to you at number three on the. List. Again this is a compilation list between the guys going back and. Forth So jason di Mingez New York yankees switch, hitter a guy that should absolutely rake in that little tiny wiffleball field of a stadium and certainly's going to get every opportunity now that wan so, Doos.
Speaker 4: YEAH i mean get your pitchforks and torches out against me. Lately jeff knows What i'm talking about With Jason. Deman, well, No jason di ming is his. Device i'm gonna point this out.
Speaker 1: HERE i have what's devices the guy the guy hits a tog give you a. Copy this is fantasy we're talking. About stays not the best glove in the.
Speaker 4: World but it's, okay well this is that's important to.
Speaker 2: IT.
Speaker 4: A there's a prospect. FATIGUE i think With Jason dimingez that's b he did not perform insanely in his professional debut last. Year there's prospect ranks that attach to, it And jeff's on Site Baseball america Dropped Jason diminguz outside the top. Twenty so there is a. Divisiveness but that's actually always been kind of my point if we were just talking purely prospects long term IS i do think there's eight divisiveness in the. TOP i think there's this big core of, players whether It's anthony Or campbell or a guy Like dimingas or Even Dylan. CRUZ i still really believe In Jason. Dimingez i've seen him, struggle watched him an entire season in THE afl out. Here we've seen some low batting average. Seasons we've also seen him bounce. Back there's a lot of great offensive tools in his short period of time in the. Majors last, year he put up a double digit barrel, rate give me over ten percent Barrel i'm starting to get. In hard hit rate was forty five over forty. Five i'm starting to really check. In those are both really good numbers that you want to.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 4: Now young guys struggle launch. Angles young guys are going to struggle with overall quality of, contact and that's what he's. DEVELOPING i think the other thing to point, out he's still a young. Guy he's still a. Suit he feels like he's thirty two years.
Speaker 1: OLD i know that's that is. True AND i watched him play At, sumrset which is fifteen minutes from my house the last two. Years i've seen him there twice NOW wi two, years multiple, times two years, ago once last, Year and you, know the power is, legitimate and you're. Right you, know he's also a very different size player where we're used to seeing the power hitters be these bigger. Guys he's five to nine h a good. DAY i, mean let's be, honest you, know like some of these things were like he's five. Eleven i'm, like if he's five, eleven Then i'm six feet. Tall like that that just ain't. Happen so he is a smaller, guy different body. TIME i think that also throws some people off, too maybe in the prospect, world because he doesn't look like what some of those guys.
Speaker 4: LIKE i completely. Agree the projection has always been a weird. Thing the Thing i'll just end with, is LIKE i think prospect fatigue plays a bigger. Role there is a whole ish in his. Swing he had a really high ast like twenty eight percent major league strike out, rate but in the minors off of that last season where you hyper focus on the, majors the dude did three, Hundred he hit, homers he stole, bases like he's going to do those. Things he's a switch, hitter where left handed hitters it's an incredible right handed power or it's an incredible environment for left handed hitters In Yankee, stadium he showed off some of that, power AND i think we're too quick to write off development. Sometimes So i'm very high On Jason. Dominguez, STILL i do think there'll be some bumps and, Bruises but, projections even under one hundred and thirty, games you want to look at LIKE atc Or steamer or, whatever they're already pushing twenty, twenty close to twenty, twenty and that's not even on a full. Season if you have a full season and he does progress twenty one years Old Jason dominguez is a great. Bet and as we go through the, Names diminguz has a starting spot from day one like. Nothing campbell's phenomenal, Here he's not. Guaranteed there's more guys on here that are not. Guaran Jason diminguz is. Guaranteed he's going to be out. There so from a redraft, perspective we can argue about the long term blah blah. Blah that's, Fine but from a redraft, Perspective Jason diminguz is a great. Bet that's why he's. Three Jeff Baseball, america you guys dropped him a decent, amount BUT i know plenty of that does come from he is a poor. Defender that is a left. Fielder now he's not a great, defender but you Please taka just for a minute or so On Jason dimingez is and what you think on that.
Speaker 3: Offense, yeah AND i think you can look at our fantasy ranks that came out a week before. That we dropped the one point fifty for, prospects which Is dylan AND i working together a lot of that is the model we have him. FIVE i, mean it's Rookie, Roman Anthony Christian, Campbell Kobe mayo And, Domingas and, HONESTLY i think With mayo And domingas you could probably argue one way or the. Other you, know some of that is probably based on how the model spit it out To the numbers are really good in TRIPA a For, mayo and he has a pretty good sample size, there SO i think that's probably part of. It we've already seen this guy have success in the major leagues as. Well switch, hitter you, know they're going to get him into the. Lineup there is big. Power you, know he's maybe a shorter. GUY i don't think that's such an issue because this dude's built like a free SAT i, mean like that was From, alabama he'd be playing for The Crimson tide and ring and running backs. BELLS i mean that's the kind of build that this guy. Has, like, yeah he's five 't, nine but he's two ten and.
Speaker 4: He's Stones drew playing a.
Speaker 2: Tank he's built like a.
Speaker 1: Tech no hes running, back and that's.
Speaker 2: Fun running backs are.
Speaker 1: Five but you don't see a lot of these guys nowadays in that, Build like they don't make him.
Speaker 3: That those athletes In america don't play baseball they end up playing, football you, know like it's it's just sort of the nature of.
Speaker 2: It the fact that He's. Dominican it's one of the reasons that he plays.
Speaker 3: BASEBALL i think you look at his ability to get on, base the fact that you know he can hit from both sides of the plate and hit them from both sides of the, plate and show, power which makes him more of a matchup, issue which means he's not going to be a guy that's going to get platooned as.
Speaker 2: Much it also means that there's probably a little.
Speaker 3: More runway just in terms of him learning some of the you, know specifics of of facing major league. Pitching, right it takes a little bit longer for switch hitters to get. GOING i think the biggest thing you brought up prospect. FATIGUE i think it was just unrealistic. Expectations we had people ranking this guy in the top ten before he had even stepped foot on a professional baseball. Field we had people comparing To Mike trout And Mickey. Mannle we've seen.
Speaker 1: That and he's A, Yankee, jeff and that doesn't. Help we all know the overrated us Of yankee.
Speaker 3: Times if you look some of their guys haven't been as hyped as you would think that they would.
Speaker 1: Not, recently but there's definitely that. Industrial, well he's A, yankee so we're gonna have, to you, know overrate. Him and that's part of the back with The.
Speaker 3: CUBS i think that happens with The. DODGERS i think that happens with The Red. SOX i think that happens with The. PHILLIES i think it's just any fan base that's plugged in and loves their team and has like a well established foundational sort of. PASSION i think a lot of, THAT a lot of that comes. Up you, know people are talking, about what's.
Speaker 1: Funny you mentioned The, Cubs, jeff because the next guy we're going to talk about is A. Cub It's Matt, shaw infielder Of Chicago, cubs number four on our. List And shaw another guy too who is not the biggest. Fellow he's also listed right now On Baseball reference at five nine one. Five so, again it's nice to see some guys that are MORE i can like look eye to eye with In Major League. Baseball i'm liking this. Trend over one hundred and twenty one games combined last year between double And tripa a a kid at two eighty four with a three seventy NINE obp of four eighty, eight slugging twenty one homers over that. Span so Certainly shaw has shown you versatility in the. Infield he can play. Anywhere and The cups are a team now with That Kyle tucker. Acquisition, look you went out and you got Uh imanaga last. Year if you Got, steel healthy pekrol, armstrong second half was really. Strong The CUBS i think smell blood in the water in this division AND i think they should be. Aggressive Is shaw part of those plans in twenty twenty? Five you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah AND i think you can look at the The Kyle tucker trade that it kind of served two. Masters they had to move a prospect in Cam smith who was really trending. Upward he was one of the biggest movers in our top one. Hundred i'm even looking back on like WHERE i had turned him. In you, know we turn in our top one, fifties or at least do. Mine sort of AFTER i finish the handbook Before, christmas turn it, in Then i'm off for three. Weeks that's kind of my three weeks WHERE i can just, chill go Watch christmas, vacation hang out with the, kids do all that.
Speaker 2: Sort of tough and you, know he's a.
Speaker 3: Guy the feedback as we were doing the top one hundred, list so we put it together based on our, list based on the grades and, everything and then we send it out to thirty. Teams we send it out TO, gms we send it out TO, agms we send it out to scouting. Directors we just try to collect as much possible feedback as we. Can and the player that we got the most up arrow feedback on that you know wouldn't totally surprise, you Was Cam.
Speaker 2: Smith the other one Was George Lombard.
Speaker 3: Junior we got move up feedback On George lombard Junior yankee shortstop like, consistently and the numbers wouldn't necessarily back. That some of that is the fact that he can play. Shortstop but you, KNOW i think you look At, shaw they made this. Trade they traded away ice Hock. Parades they opened up a spot at third base For, shaw which if you look back to last year entering the, season they moved him from sort of being a shortstop second basement to, like, hey you're going to spend the offseason working at third. BASE i will Say i've been exposed To. Shaw he's a local guy to. Me grew up about twenty minutes from my. House played high school baseball At Worcester academy for Actually Brian, abraham the director of the player to development director for The Red.
Speaker 2: Sox his brother is actually the head coach At Worcester. Academy really really good.
Speaker 3: Program they had another, Guy Maverick, rizzy who's a big draft prospect probably in a couple of years coming out of. College One Cape Cod LEAGUE mvp was the best player in The Cape Cod league in the twenty twenty two season from pretty much the jump until the. End hit a big home run in the championship game For. Born he's just always been a, gamer all time player in That maryland. Program just kind of a Gritty northeast cold weather.
Speaker 2: Player he's going to do whatever he needs to do to.
Speaker 4: Win.
Speaker 2: YEAH i Think shaw just has a really good all around.
Speaker 3: Profile he's gonna run a, liver but he's gonna git for, Power he's going to get on, base he's going to hit for batting, average AND i think The cubs know. That and it's a bat first. Prospect you, know really the development needs to make us more on the defensive side of the.
Speaker 2: Ball but you, look they got a spot for him right.
Speaker 4: Now he was a twenty thirty guy last year and then he played in the off, season didn't go to THE, aflay played for A TEAM usa for The premiere twelve and was LIKE. Mvp he was one of the hottest bats after the season end as. Well it is a really good trajectory for, him big offensive counting. Stats So i'm very much in On Matt shaw and again. Proximity that's why he is in the top five of the. Prospects he need to know because he's got that from day.
Speaker 1: One all, Right so those are The tier one. Guys we're gonna pick things up here In tier two and maybe give you some bonus names to keep an eye. On, also before we, do just a quick reminder if you're looking to play out your leagues this, year do it at Fan, tracks the home of fantasy sports and year round, engagement offseason, trades real time, updates and seamless player. Transactions keep the excitemental live three hundred and sixty five days a. Year Dynasty, Mastery, yep they've got. It automated salaries and contracts to let you orchestrate your league like a, pro multi team, trades ultimate, customizations you can tell your roster you're, scoring playoff. Consolations all of it can be tailored however you want future draft pick, trades you could do. That unique scoring. Categories you can use extensive lists or create your own massive league. Sizes imagine a two hundred plus manager. League that's, crazy but you can do. It you can do anything at fan. Tracks duplicate, players all of, it multidivisional, leagues expand the competition and the. Thrill bring your fantasy baseball league to life at fan tracks for an unbeatable user experience and a chance to win a Sign Vladimir guerrero junior. Jersey that's. Right sign up today at fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy. Pros that's fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy. Pros and it'll be A Blue jay. Jersey But i'm hoping maybe it's a met. JERSEY i don't. Know by the end of the, Week i'm getting a little itchy here at the first base for The. Mets all, right let's talk About Dylan, cruz a guy that we saw a little bit of a glimpse of last year the powers for Real washington really sort of remaking itself Here Welsh cruz looks like a big part of that and a guy that could hit for power right. Away so what are the pluses and minuses? Here he has number five on this list Of Dylan, cruz.
Speaker 4: And he's kind of almost like A Fringy tier One tier two because he's in that Same James jason De vengez. Camp he got up to the. Majors he didn't quite pop off, statistically but he's gonna be from day. One he's, gonna you, know be in That rookie of The year, chase WHICH i think is interesting too because you look At Roki sazaki and you're, Like, okay it's. Over not necessarily with these, GUYS i Think Dylan cruz could be one of those sneaky. Ones WHAT i like about him is that overall hitting. Profile i'm not sure that we went from a time For Dylan cruz was like gonna be the biggest Prize Bryce harper in college and then everything kind of median down and again there's kind of a fatigue that.
Speaker 1: Happens he just is.
Speaker 4: Consistent he does. Stuff he hits the ball on both sides of the field consistently hard this year in The majors when he was, up he had an almost forty five percent hard hit, rate WHICH i, Like barrel's gonna come. Up he was getting the ball in the air a decent amount and maybe the most exciting under twenty percent strikeout rate in The majors while. Walking why is that all? Good, well clearly from a projection, standpoint you're already looking at like a fifteen thirty guy in a lot of projections for this. Season but guess, What unlike Probably, campbell Unlike Jason, Diminguez cruz might be the leadoff hitter for The. Nationals he might be hitting at the top of the, lineup so you're gonna get some, sneaky sneaky runs while he's. RUNNING i think the power is kind of underprojected for a guy Like, cruise AND i think it's pretty easy to see him as like a two, sixty near twenty, homers near thirty stolen, bases and really good run, support maybe in the eighty to ninety. RANGE i think he's a sneaky rookie of the. Year BET i think he's a great bet to get later in. Drafts right, now he's a. Prospect LIKE i said, THAT i do think he belongs in that upper tier because he's put in a really solid advantage standpoint WHERE i think some of his hitting questions might be not as dramatic as a guy Like Jason, dominguez but the upside isn't quite as exciting As dimingez Or Christian campbell.
Speaker 1: And a guy. Too if he's hitting in that one or two spot in front Of james Would seymour, fastballs that's a good recipe for more, contact which is what you want to see out of. Him in twenty twenty. Five let's go to a pitcher finally again on this, list do a lot of position players, Here Jackson job as it should be one hundred percent without a, doubt go position Players Jackson, job starting Pitcher Detroit, Tigers Jeff he is number six on the. List he's the guy that you put in. There he has a little bit of a if you a more compact version Of Matt caine is HOW i always see him in terms of like his delivery and. Approach that's that's WHAT i got from watching. Him i'm curious what are your expectations from? Him because The Detroit tigers certainly exceeded all expectations of being a playoff team last. Year so Is job a guy that you see is going to be in that rotation run away or a guy that maybe they slow play just a little bit, longer based upon how you want to build his.
Speaker 3: Innings, YEAH i, mean you, know they kind of rocketed him up to the major. Leagues they gave, him you, know that first sort of hint of experience in the.
Speaker 2: Bullpen they could do that maybe.
Speaker 3: Early how they use their bullpen and how they sort of deploy their pitchers is a little bit, different a little bit more progressive than some other. Teams SO i do think that there's maybe some opportunity that early he's more of a multi inning. RELIEVER i think that By, july you, know once he you, know maybe figures out some of the pitchability. Stuff from a stuff, standpoint there's nobody on the list that has better stuff Than Jackson. Job there aren't many people walk in the face of the earth that throw better stuff Than Jackson, Job AND i think that's maybe the difference between him And. Kane from like an aesthetic, standpoint not a bad call at. ALL i can sort of see it.
Speaker 1: Well their approach it's very, SIMPLE i, think you know WHAT i. Mean Like caine was a very straightforward delivery, guy very simple over the, front but you're right from the stuff a little bit more, electric.
Speaker 2: Yeah super clean gate like all that sort of.
Speaker 3: Stuff like his leg block is very, direct the same way That kines, is but he's generating way bigger. STUFF i, mean like he's a guy that throws a super efficient. Fastball he gets, ride he gets armside, Run he's sitting ninety seven and ninety eight miles per hour in that. Pitch but he also can you, know break off three thousand rpm, yackers just absolutely crazy breaking, balls and his change up might be his best. Pitch like this is a deep arsenal of plus PITCHES i think potentially with feel for, pitching.
Speaker 2: It's it's just a matter of like.
Speaker 3: SEQUENCING i think once he sort of figures out how to attack different. Batters and if you look at The, tigers they're kind of following That astros model of everybody throws four or five. Pitches everybody has sort of like two different. Pitches they could throw a secondaries Against righty's two different pitches that they could throw a secondaries against, lefties and it's sort of, like how are we going to gain plan this guy in a given. DAY i do think that this, guy by you, Know may Or, june you're talking about you, know five six innings every single time.
Speaker 2: Out but they might slow play him in the first month or.
Speaker 3: SO i would say just stay patient and just you, know rack up those kper nine innings because if he's coming out of the, bullpen he's probably going.
Speaker 2: To be throwing a little bit. Harder you looking to, strike.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be a problem if he comes out of a bullpen like that's that's a.
Speaker 3: Problem, yeah this is the guy that hit one, Hundred SO i think when you just looking from a pure stuff, perspective he might be tops in the, list even over guys Like rochi and.
Speaker 1: Others And, JEFF i know we touched On Roman anthony, earlier but look now we finally got to him on the list at number seven here and this is the guy that's GETTING i think it generating the most buzz typically around circles this. Year it feels like and a guy that does more look the part, right does have that sweet left handed, Swing he's got the, power everything is there for. Him the question is when and where when it comes To, Anthony.
Speaker 3: YEAH i mean there's still an outside chance, that you, know he could just come into camp and just dominate and somehow sort of play himself into an everyday. Role it's just that is a very crowded group right now in terms of the personnel on the active, roster And i'm the forty man. Roster Because anthony's forty man roster decision still a couple of years. AWAY i would imagine that's not going to be an. Issue will probably be on the forty man roster by the end of the. Year but you, KNOW i do think that you can take a look at the fact that A bray who is still, here there were some rumors that he could get. MOVED i think if that guy gets, moved then that opens up a spot For. Anthony, so you, know if that happens in the next couple of, months you, know your drafts already happened to redraft And anthony's sitting out, There i'd go and make a play for.
Speaker 5: HIM i.
Speaker 2: Think you.
Speaker 3: Know the other part of is you Got, duran you Got, rafaelo who they've committed some money To they still Have. Yoshida there's been some talk Of yoshida potentially playing left field this year a little, bit so they got to figure out where a bray you and your sheet is sort of.
Speaker 2: Lie they don't have.
Speaker 3: To force the issue With anthony in terms of HOW i would bucket him, out he's very similar To james. Would maybe a little bit less of an, athlete not quite as tall As james, Would but in terms of, hits the ball every bit is, hard the exit, Velocity dad is right there with would probably a better contact hitter than would not a lot of swing and missing the. Zone you, know his end ZONE wif rate is like fifteen sixteen. Percent it's kind of been like that since he got into pro. Ball get walks a, lot doesn't, chase and you, know talking to, HIM i think like his mentality is, that you, know he's not a power, Hitter he's a hitter with, power AND i think that's sort of the best way to look at. It big thing with, him AND i think it's the same With wood and it's actually the same With Dylan. Cruz just a matter of these guys optimizing hard contact and just learning how to put the ball in the air to pull side more, consistently to get more home run power out of. There you, know the shortest part of the park is going to be to your pull side every single, time no matter what ballpark you're playing.
Speaker 1: It it was very Zen. Jeff he's not a power. Hitter he's a hitter with. POWER i, like can we get that sat?
Speaker 2: Him that's his. Quote that's that's.
Speaker 1: WRONG i like. It that Is that is good. Stuff that is good. Stuff also good. Stuff number eight on our, List Jordan lawler shorts up for The Arizona, diamondbacks hopefully sooner than. Later, welsh you, know it's hard not to watch this kid and get a Little derek jeterfield when he hits that ball the opposite, field the way he does that inside out that he's got perhaps maybe a more gifted, athlete you, know in terms of physical. Tools maybe we'll see what the work ethic is, like if it's anything close to. It Derek, Jeter, well things are going to be really good In. Arizona but let's talk about him the eta that he, has in your, opinion and What arizona did right in the off season to hopefully create a better environment for, him because you did Lose Christian, walker but you did gain Josh neyler in. Return you had a resurgence in the second half of this, team especially Cor Corbyn, carroll and now all of a, sudden you, know The Arizona diamondbacks are set up still in a very tough, division but is still a pretty formidable light.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 4: YEAH i, MEAN i would say the interesting things they didn't do anything that helps us For, lawler AND i think that could lead to a reason why he becomes even more. Valuable been a good, shortstop he's fine in the. INFIELD i don't think it's out of pocket that The diamondbacks pull Of Jackson merrill With Jordan lawler and they even test some of that outfield. WORK i don't know if they'll come off of per. Doma i'm not saying they're gonna do, this by the, way because they're they're kind of like The Red. Sox they're blanketed too much with guys in the. Outfield but they've been. Talking there's been talks of. Moves if they were to end up, moving it's all just left handed. Hitters if they were to move McCarthy Or Alec, THOMAS i think there's a possibility he could play some super utill role that's out. There you, know you're talking The jeter. Thing what's interesting is Like lawler's problem and positive is a lot of young hitters struggle with getting the ball in the. Air you'll see like do did it where it's, like, look it's really good metrics like hard hit and, barrel but a three degree launch. Angle ellie had the same thing When Neil. CRUZ i THINK i had the same. Thing lawler, wasn't but it wasn't good. Contact so he's like a thirteen degree launch, angle zero barrel rate in the majors this past. Year but he had a solid minor league, season hit over three hundred in a small amount of, bats dealing with. Injuries he then went and PLAYED i believe it was in The Dominican Winner league and really started hitting again and found that. Stroke couple. Homers he was being, consistent AND i think that's the key is like that bat has always been. Live he makes solid, contact but it's been inconsistent as he has developed at the upper. Level still another young, guy complete prospect. Fatigue everyone's over, him everyone doesn't care about him. Anymore but the roadblock here Is Roaldo, perdomo And lavello loves him and doesn't want to get him off of that. Team so we'll have to watch and see if they talk about maybe playing him in the outfield if they move some other outfield. Prospects but here's the. Deal you can't keep him in the miners. Anymore you got to get him at the. Majors he should see a girth of at bats this, season and just don't forget this is a twenty twenty potential. Player it really going to pay attention to the contact. Development but he is worth a late round guy and he's one of these prospects that you got to own because of proximity to the majors this whole.
Speaker 1: Year we had one hundred and five games in twenty twenty three last, year just twenty. Three how much does that enter into his eta in your opinion?
Speaker 4: Too, yeah, WELL i mean it's the, injury like he's got to stay. Healthy he's one of those guys he just.
Speaker 1: Well that's WHAT i, Mean, like but you missed that development. Time it's something that Like Byron buckson used to miss all that development, time and you could see it used to hurt him when he was trying to make that adjustment to the major league. Level do you Think lawler's in, That?
Speaker 4: SAALE i think there's a, potential like he could be sat down for the first month of the season going into the minor, leagues trying to get some consistent at that's but he's been with this organization enough and at the major. LEAGUES i wouldn't be surprised if it's just be healthy all of spring training and then just get him on the team and LIKE i, said maybe use him in. This he doesn't play six out of seven days in a. Week he plays four out of seven. Days so be on the lookout that For Wood, lawler spring training will be a Big there's a couple of guys we just Mentioned, anthony If yoshida or a Brad you gets moved, diamondback same. Thing watch what they're, saying and watch if the outfielders are out, there because both of those guys could. Be anthony's not so, sneaky But lawler could be.
Speaker 2: Sneaky all.
Speaker 1: Right if you're looking to upgrade your betting, game do it with our betting pros. App, again THE bp YouTube channel's been rocking and rolling for the last couple of years and we are crushing right. Now but you have a chance right now to get the premium product Of Betting pros for. Free how do you do? It you download The Betting pros app and use the promo code F p. Free that's, RIGHT fp. Free baseball is just coming around the. Corner you still got football going on for a couple. Weeks Super bowl around the, CORNER, NBA, nhl it's all. There they got the same game parlay, tool the prop bet, analyzer prize picks is on there. Now we got everything ON, bp so don't miss. Out try the month of the premium tools for. Free again the promo CODE fp free when you download The Betting pros app For iOS or For. Android Bubba, chandler next guy on the. List pittsburgh has a lot of starting pitchers all of a, sudden And, jeff this feels like a guy who who you? Know right? Now again the just electric system of these pictures coming through, here which is really fun because pirate fans haven't had a lot to cheer. About do you think well means want to put you this? Way, chandler give me a number for starts you think he might make for The Big. Club this year.
Speaker 2: Twenty, FOUR i think he's gonna.
Speaker 4: Break.
Speaker 2: WOW i think that that's a cool.
Speaker 3: REASON i think there's no reason at this point for them to hold Down. CHANDLER i think you look at the back end of that rotation with LIKE OVI eighto and some of these guys like this is this is The pirates.
Speaker 2: Opportunity it's to.
Speaker 3: It's you, know to Have Schemes jones And chandler together in that. Rotation they Got Thomas harrington who's a little bit, different less of a stuff, guy more of an execution type of pitcher that's waiting in the wings as. Well, really you, know they're sort of primed for. This and you, KNOW i think you look at a guy Like, chandler he's not on the forty man. Roster they do have guys Like burrows And ashcraft who are on the forty man. Roster the back end of this forty man is not the kind of forty man that's going to hold back a pitcher like. This you look at the steps that he took forward last. Year he made seven starts In TRIPLE. A at the end of the. Season he could return there for maybe a few weeks and then be up THE ppi is a huge part, of you, know How pittsburgh needs to. FUNCTION i am sure That charrington.
Speaker 2: Is well aware of. THAT i know that folks in the organization are well aware of.
Speaker 3: That some of the things That pittsburgh is doing behind the, scenes stuff that's not being discussed. Publicly hopefully later this Offseason i'll be able to dig into. It but some of the things THAT i know just from doing my, reporting doing my, job that they're doing on the back end is really. Advanced the hitting stuff is not caught up as, much BUT i think you look at what they're doing in the pitching, side the development, grips some of that stuff that they're working with is very, progressive very, interesting and they're getting the best out of these.
Speaker 2: Guys you, Know.
Speaker 3: Chandler came up to TRIPLE a seven, starts thirty nine in the third innings one point eight THREE, era and it's back bay at two point seven Eight fip striking out the world as.
Speaker 2: Well it's a great. FASTBALL i wrote an article.
Speaker 3: TODAY i do it every, year ranking out the best pitches in the top.
Speaker 2: One hundred bags of that.
Speaker 3: Article by the, Way, Baba chandler's got the best fastball that's over.
Speaker 2: Job that's over a lot of these guys eleat.
Speaker 3: Fastballs Jacob, mizerowski who literally lives off his. Fastball it's a really good change up and you know he can spin the slider, enough landed enough that you know it. Works it's probably more of like A Major league, FIFTY i would say at this, point but you're talking about a seventy fastball and you, know maybe a sixty change up guy that can dominate power through. Stuff and you, know if you look at the, progression this was a two way guy in high school and was drafted as. Such that's you, know now developed as a full time, pitcher big, body, athletic, physical and you, know there's not many guys that throw the pill much harder Than.
Speaker 1: Chandler all, right another guy throws the ball pretty. Hard Kumar rocker of The Texas rangers has been a long and winding. Road is that fair to? Say well For Kamar, rocker who now finds himself and, look he got his debut last. Year the guy's got strikeout. Ability he has A Lee smith quality about him where it just like a presence on the, mound throws. Hard everything seems like it's coming right at, you AND i wonder, too that being, said because of the long and winding, road with the injuries and building back innings and all this, stuff Could Kamar rocker be a guy that you end up maybe just maybe seeing in the bullpen more than the starting rotation this? Year but you want to keep those innings at the big league level because we all Know texas is trying to get back in this. Thing what do you think about his twenty twenty five and what it might look like?
Speaker 4: NOW a year, Ago i'd have said one hundred. Percent NOW i would say, NOW i Think Jack lider is more likely to be in the rotation that it Would Kumar. Rocker and the reason behind that is the development or the redevelopment of his slider that has made the fastball, better and it kind of in verses as. Well his biggest. PROBLEM i have a crazy history With Kumar rucker because he was my first ever interview on My prospect one show back when he was at high, school and then now we're. Here when he got to the, majors his fastball. Disappeared he couldn't command his, fastball he couldn't find. Velocity and then guess what that made his slider. Stink everyone was just sitting on the slider or you, know it was just like if you knew the slider was, coming just don't swing out of it if it's going out of the, zone and just wait for this. Fastball they got that. Fixed his fastball looks like it's. Back it hit ninety six last year in the. Majors he's got this sinker that he was throwing ninety. Five so a little bit of a different, offering breaking your visual. Plane and then the slider became a lead again and the slider was just a. Lead he was throwing it for. Strikes had a forty seven percent strikeout or k percentage in the majors last. Year SO i would say, this he now, back has a repertoire of a starting. Pitcher he went deep into games when he was in. College one of those prolific college pitchers out. There Kumar rocker's. Back you want to get back to our free offer we HAD fp. Free, well guess what you go and check. Out you get all the, tools one thing you can. Doing lock IN Al rookie of The year two thousand plus, Twenty so twenty to one For Kumar rocker For rookie of The. Year he has a decent chance to be in the rotation the whole. Season projections have him around one hundred and forty. Innings he's got to beat Out Cody bradford could be the. Bullpen but that slider came. Back looks like you could be a prominent strike up.
Speaker 1: Pitcher.
Speaker 4: AGAIN i Think Kamar rocker is, sneaky and that's why you should be on this.
Speaker 1: LIST i don't see a closer on this roster right. NOW i See Kamar, rocker AND i See Lee, smith AND i see a guy's, like, hey let's just get the best out of. Him give me seventy, innings, kid aren't.
Speaker 4: You you're always Putting jacob de gram as a, closer so he.
Speaker 1: Would have stayed healthy had you maybe put him in, there just saying that'll be a fun. Debate he'll be back in the rotation this, year all. Right so those are your top ten, Guys but of course we like to give you some extra stuff around these. Parts So, welsh give me two guys that just missed the list that people should be watching out for in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Five So i'm going to give you bigger named. Prospects jeff definitely has some better fun prospects that aren't going to be on ANY radarss for better.
Speaker 1: Everybody, yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Well these are two. BITS i think you might argue that these are better, players but it's just will they be up. There Chase dolander with The rockies one of the best minor league pitchers all season last. Year everyone hates it because he's A Colorado. Rocky the team about a week, AGO i believe it, was was already talking about they are going to give him a shot to break camp with the major league roster and be in. There that would enable them to be eligible FOR, ppi and that would give them a pitcher because they don't have any good. Ones, now you don't want to ruin, him but watch For Chase dolander because his stuff is, ridiculous great. Slider the other, one huge Name Travis. Bizana and the Reason i'm Throwing bazana in. Here they've got no second. Basement this team the traded andrews him in is. Away you could see that right. NOW i, MEAN i shouldn't say That wombrito is a, guy but he is currently your roster. Resource second. BASEMENT i think that leaves open the opportunity For bazana to have. That he did not have the, craziest biggest, debut BUT i think he is as close to major league. Ready it enables. Them, Again we've talked ABOUT ppi a, lot but these teams you get more bonus, pool you get an extra. Pick why not pro college BAT i Think bizana could jump. Levels you could maybe see A Jackson holiday type of. SITUATION i guess he didn't get To TRIPLE, a so it's not the, same BUT i could see him breaking camp and being the second. Baseman so, really just put a marker in both of those guys if we get bigger camp words that they could be breaking the. Team that happened With Julio. Rodriguez if you, remember no one thought he could break camp and then all of a sudden he. Did dolander And bazana are my two to keep an eye.
Speaker 1: On all, Right, jeff you've got To Quinn, matthews starting pitcher of The Saint Louis cardinals, organization And Thomas, harrington another pitcher in The pittsburgh. System Quinn, matthews real, quick we're gonna talk about both these, guys but give me the lowdown on these guys real. Quick and Also Quinn matthew's a guy That i'm very excited. About this is a tough lefty right. Here this is a guy would strike out potential and certainly an organization looking to get better in that rotation because last year the average age of that ROTATION i feel like was forty two years. Old it was.
Speaker 2: Crazy, yeah and it's not.
Speaker 3: Bad and he's a little bit of you, know older of a, prospect you, know spent four years At, stanford was drafted By tampa in twenty, two went back To, stanford of, course had sort of a heroic performance and you know the regionals WHERE i think he threw like one hundred and forty eight pitches or something like.
Speaker 2: That it's a guy with a rubber.
Speaker 3: Arm he goes deep into, games got into pro development and immediately went from sitting eighty nine to ninety one to ninety four to ninety five consistently with ride and good, shape all the power on his other. Secondaries he's got a really good, slider he's got an excellent change. Up just missed the best change ups on my list in the top one. Hundred probably could have put him out. There you, know struggled a little bit In TRIPLE. A he sort of, said, like you, know adjusting to the zone and the challenge system and just a long. Season you, know some of that ticked down really, cerebral AND i think that you look at where The cardinals are at right. Now they don't want to say it out, loud but they are in a. Rebuild they are at a, point you, know they have a very, young homegrown.
Speaker 2: Lineup it's a matter of letting those guys get.
Speaker 3: Opportunities you, know they're trying to Move Noan, aeronata which is going to open up more space for some young. PLAYERS i think Ultimately Eric fetti probably gets. Moved if they can get anything for, me they probably. Would he could Get. DFAID i, MEAN i think you have a lot of these situations where you're looking at this. Rotation you got a thirty five year Old Sonny, gray you got you, know a thirty, six thirty seven year Old miles meek list a thirty, three thirty four year Old Steven. Matts matt certainly hasn't had the best track record of health over the course of his, career dating back to when he was A mets prospect AND i think you look At matthews and though they have some other names on the forty man, roster the guys ahead of, him pitchers like Tink hence and you, know To CooA robi who neither of those guys have ever been able to finish the season. Healthy SUMMER bersi where there's major question marks around how effective he could be against major league. Competition michael, McGreevey who just lacks sort of substantial, upside but could probably be a pretty decent eatings innings eater at the back end of this. Rotation you, KNOW i just look at this team AND i think With Quinn, matthews we could be looking, at you, know an organization that's in. Flux some of these guys move, out and an opportunity at any point between Like may And july could open.
Speaker 2: Up and this guy's in the big.
Speaker 3: LEAGUES i don't think he's going to break camp unless there is a catastrophic injury to one of these, pitchers and THEN i think the game is really on and there could be an opportunity at that point in.
Speaker 1: Time and then With, harrington is that a guy that Like Jared, jones would have get moved on from for him to see time this.
Speaker 3: YEAR i Think harrington is just more, like you, know how effective Is Bailey.
Speaker 2: Faulter we talked about the back end of that.
Speaker 3: ROTATION i really think the strength of The pirates is the fact that they, have you, know sort of this these five young pitchers that are all really. Good harrington is a little BIT i, mean they have three stuff, monsters right like you look At Bubba Jaken, schemes you look At. Jones those guys are huge stuff throw. Hard harrington is a little bit more on the pitchability. Side harrington's a little bit more on the deception. Side he's going to. Execute his stuff is, fine but it's not. Elite but he's kind of one of those guys that can lull you to. Sleep and then you, know five innings, in you're, like this guy's giving up one, run three hits in a, walk and you know he's at seventy five pitches or something like.
Speaker 2: That really, efficient.
Speaker 3: Really, effective and you, KNOW i think could kind of be a little bit of a sleeper later in like you, know YOUR dc. Draft he's a guy That i'm maybe taking a shot on around forty five to fifty those late rounds where you're kind of just trying to grab somebody who might be an upside.
Speaker 1: Play incredible. Stuff follow him At jeff PONCE, ba check out all the amazing work At Baseball america and stay with us here on the YouTube. Channel don't forget to subscribe to fans ROS. Mlb drop your comments below. Too who's your favorite prospect for redraft in twenty twenty. Five we'd love to hear from, You and don't forget to ring the bell till it goes ding for notification so you never miss a piece of content right here on the, Channel and of course subscribe to the podcast wherever you get your. Pods that'll do it for, Us but the story of the game goes on For jeff and the Welsome JOEY. P we'll see you next. Time.
Speaker 5: Kids thanks for listening to The Fantasy Pros Fantasy baseball. Podcast if you love the, show the best freeway to support us is by leaving.
Speaker 2: A positive review On Apple podcasts Or.
Speaker 5: Spotify follow us on, X instagram and TikTok At Fantasy, pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy PROS mlb