Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama, Girl Drama, Girl, all about them.
Speaker 1: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl shared for the right teams.
Speaker 3: Drama, Queens, Jay Up Girl Fashion, but you'll tough.
Speaker 2: Girl, You could sit with us. Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queise Drama, Queens Drama, Drahna, Queens Drama.
Speaker 1: Queens Friends Loves Willington Crewe. We are back with Jana Kramer. We basically did the Thursday therapy wind down version in our Q and A. You all sent in amazing questions for her, and sorry, we just really talked about life and I'm not sorry because I'm sure you're deeply inspired. But today we are back to talk about the actual episode and Jana is here for seven oh six. Let's dig in, Janna, will you read this snow up.
Speaker 3: So, Hailey considers taking matters into her own hands as Nathan's scandal threatens his endorsement deals. Julian gives Alex another chance, and Brooke reconnects with Chase. Millicent questions whether she has what it takes to be a model, while clay Let's Quinn in on a big secret.
Speaker 2: Director Janis Cook, writer Mike Daniels.
Speaker 1: We love it. In this episode is called Deep Ocean Vast Sea, which tracks honestly because there is a lot of each time happening here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really beautiful. It made me miss Wrightsville right.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I was saying on one of our previous episodes, how much fun I've been having watching the Brook Alex Millie dynamic. And I'm like, I want this. I want a movie. I want us to have a show like I want this buddy comedy. Do it?
Speaker 2: Don't you think? Uh, don't twist my arm?
Speaker 1: Okay, great? Can you tell the fans before we jump into the episode, how how did season seven come about for you? Like, where did the casting call come from? Give us a little bit of background on your audition process. You told us a little bit in our Q and A, but I want to know.
Speaker 2: More, Okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I auditioned for Chantelle's character Quinn, and then when I was I got the callback for Quinn. And when I was in the callback, the producers and creator said, hey, I think you're more fit for this character named Alex. She's just a guest star recurring role, which you know, I was like, oh man, I really wanted to be a series regular. I was pumped about that. But at the same time, you know, they don't see me for this character, so let's let's try. Let's just give it a shot. Even though again I didn't feel super connected to Alex at the time. I was like, I got one shot, and I got to go back in there and you know, do the audition, and so went in there and you know those rooms I miss I missed going in the room. I'm not great as an auditioner over tape. I just I love to be able to kind of like chat with the producers and like be in the room and like, yeah, be able to change things up. Like I remember the feedback you know that I was getting from some of the producers. They were like, all right, why don't you do it this way, which again I wouldn't not never have had the chance to do. Now when we do like these self tapes, that just seems so to me. But I really just got to like play in the room and I had fun and through auditioning for her. It was the next day, I think it was that I got the call from my agent saying, Okay, you know you got you got the part, and there's a potential that you'll become a series regular, so just kind of you know, do your thing player cards, right and and yeah, and you're off to Wilmington. And it was just kind of like my head was spinning. And then it was like, all right, I'm going to start watching episodes, and you know, it was just I was like, I just need to go balls to the wall with this character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and my god, you did. I mean we were all gagged at the first scene, like when Alex arrives and it comes to the throng of people at the airport and Millie comes to pick her up and has done all of her research and you slam the door of the limo and you're like, I could eat the butt off of skunk right now. We like spit takes all around. You just are the most fun person to watch. And the way you were able to kind of flip this idea that someone could perform in public and then be like completely wild in private. It's it's like the most enjoyable thing. But unlike you know, a Dan Scott or even versions of like Rachel, it's it's not a character like I'm not looking at Alex as a villain. I love her and I love that she drives me crazy.
Speaker 3: Well that's what's so fun is like now looking back when I was watching the episodes, is like the dynamic between you and I, Like, I'm just like I really wasn't meaning to hurt you. I was like, oh my god, no, Look, we just have a working relationship like he's got. It's like she just really doesn't think anything she does is wrong. And that's what was like so funny about it too, you know, because I'm like she just sees nothing that she's doing is wrong, Like she's just like genuinely like, oh no, he doesn't want me, like I got totally strip naked and like he wants nothing to do with me, like he loves you.
Speaker 1: You know, like a guy has never done that before.
Speaker 3: Like normally like they would. So I'm just like, Wow, she's just really in her own world.
Speaker 1: It's well, it's such a boldness. It's like, would I want to behave in that manner?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do I respect the boldness of someone who can with no shame? Like yeah, actually yeah, I'm wildly impressed by that level of self confidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's where I was like, I remember talking to the creator. I was like, all right, can I can I just give her like an I have. I have to find the heart with her. And so that's you know, later episodes when I that's when I really connected with her. I was like, you know when she was said that one seeing like I hate myself when I'm alone, And I always go back to that because that was the moment where her and I like connected and I like really became a thread through her because that's how I've always felt. So it was like a very and then I was like, Okay, now I can embody a little bit more of my personality into her, and while still like having her be the core.
Speaker 1: I love that. That was very much the journey I had with Brooke, like I couldn't relate to her at all, and then there were things that I really was able to see how her particularities in mind could merge. It was in season four when we did that scene that people always put up, like at the conventions, with the projection of like not enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, Like that phrase for Alex was true for you, and that feeling of not enoughness had always been so true for me, Like why does nothing ever seem to matter. You're just gonna say this or do this or run with that or like what about the person in here? And I like that we got to sort of parallel half these women in that way. That's very cool to me.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: Do you remember your first day on set or is it a black.
Speaker 3: I do remember it. It was it wasn't with you. I remember the first day was the the movie time period piece where they put her up in the whole thing like that was that was my first day. And that was so fun because I've always wanted to be in a period piece.
Speaker 1: Me too, and I've never gotten to do it.
Speaker 3: Same it's my dream, like I want to be Pride and Prejudice mister Darcy, like the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Like it's just it's my dream.
Speaker 3: And so that was like, oh, like I kind of got to do it for like two seconds on One Tree Hill. So that was my first day. And then I remember the second day was the airport stuff. And then again like I think it was hard coming into a show where it had been filmed so many seasons. I feel like you know you, like obviously I was most nervous to do my scenes because they were all with you and like, you know, being who you were, and it's just but you were of the cast, just very lovely and whilelcoming and that does not you know, that does not go overlooked, especially going on to shows after that realizing you know, not many do that, So that was appreciated.
Speaker 1: You sweet Angel. I mean, I just adored you immediately, like and I love I love that. I think we talked about this in the last episode, like when you really click with people, your friendship becomes timeless. And I've always really thought that about you, And like, I don't know, the journey that we got to go on as characters was so fun, but it paled in comparison to like our days driving on the beach in your drop top jeep.
Speaker 2: We drove to Raleigh to go get the jeep you mean Austin and like, do.
Speaker 1: You remember when the new sound system got installed under the in the bar that we lived over, and like, oh my god, one night it was like two am you guys for everyone at home. Jana and I lived in this apartment together over a bar, and they've put yes and they put new speakers in and literally one night it was like I woke up thinking it was an earthquake because I grew up in California, Like frames were vibrating off the walls, like it was so crazy, and we were just like, this is probably not like what people think of like quote unquote TV stars, but we had this insanely cheap apartment.
Speaker 2: And we loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then everything went.
Speaker 3: To yeah that was wild, but also you know, it was just it was I actually wrote about this in my book too, because being on that show, I mean, I never I didn't come from money. I came from a single mom, and you know, always negative in the bank account. And anytime I'd like, you know, i'd be waitressing in Los Angeles and then I would book something have to obviously quit my job, but it was like then right then I'd go back to negative in the account again. And so when I got One Tree Hill, I talked about this in the next chapter where it was like it was my We went shopping to that really cute store we'd always go to. I can't remember this Oliver was it Oliver?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: And you I saw this it was like this ring. It was like this bird with like a cage over it, and you're like you should get it, like it's so great, and I just started getting you know, decent checks, you know that I've never seen in my lifetime. And so I was just like, oh, with Sophia, it's three hundred dollars, and she's like, girl, you're a serious regular.
Speaker 2: Now, like you know, we need to get it.
Speaker 3: And I was just like okay, But I remember just being so sick about three hundred dollars bring that I got myself, But like you definitely opened me up to like, oh, you know, the you were you know, you kind of help me babystep into two things in like that world, and it was just you know, but also you were so generous too with everything. And you know, my favorite part was because I still was I'm always a poor girl at heart, Like even today, I'm just like I never know what it's going to not have any So but we would be in your in your room and I'd be like, what don't you want to wear again? So I can take it.
Speaker 2: If you would just give me. You're like, you're you're scraps.
Speaker 1: I remember that day when you were looking at that and thinking like, I don't know, I'm a very sentimental, ceremonial person and if there's something to celebrate like, you know, don't be insane obviously and put yourself at risk. But I think you deserve to celebrate it. And I just remember being like, babe, like you are a fucking serious regular now, like get yourself something that you will. It doesn't matter if in ten years you don't want to wear it anymore, Like you'll keep it forever and you'll remember that. And I think there's an energy in it, like when people ask me why I have a hard time getting rid of mementos and things, because for me, it's like I want to hold onto that good energy. I want to hold onto that good memory. And I don't know, I yeah, I do remember that day, and I remember just being so excited for you because it's like you deserve to be proud of yourself.
Speaker 3: That's a therapy thing we all always talk about, right right.
Speaker 1: That's I know my therapist will always be like the word no one deserves, deserve is not and I'm like, listen, I've reframed deserve and I like it. We deserve this, Like I remember talking to the girls about that when we started this podcast. It was like, we deserve to figure out why we made a magic thing, like and we deserve to own it. We made it like our boss was obviously part of it, but like he doesn't own this. We own this. We made this goddamn it.
Speaker 3: Well, and again you get to change the script.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it feels good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, and what a cool reference for the episode because that's essentially what Nathan and Haley are trying to do this whole time. And it's not lost on me that everyone's figuring out, you know, what stories to share and who they're going to be and if they can really pass a test, like Alex finding more of herself and being respected for her ideas and her intellect with Julian Nathan having to look at Haley and say, if you know me, if you actually have faith in me, if you know the man I am. You know, I didn't do this.
Speaker 3: That chilled me by the way, given like that right, And when I read that script, it didn't it meant nothing to me, it did. I didn't feel anything, but like, given everything that I've gone through with trust stuff, I'm like that scene was so powerful to me now that I was just like I was in it because I'm like, yeah, if this is like if Alan said that to me, I'd be like, no, I trust you wholeheartedly. I couldn't have trusted maybe someone in my past, but like, yeah, for him to say that, it's like and what a disappointment also for him that he has to It's like I felt I felt for Joy's character because you know, obviously it's like, well, you know this is this is happening, and like this girl is saying that you know this was her son and you know his son whatever, so like that is that's a slap in the face, and it's hard not to trust the woman right or what she's saying. But also like for Nathan, I'm like I really felt for him too, because it's like what a slap in the face to not be trusted by your wife, Like who do you think I am?
Speaker 2: And who?
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not my father, I'm not gonna like I wouldn't have abandoned a child, So not only do you think I've abandoned you, but I've abandoned a child.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, oh, it's heavy. Yeah, like what it was?
Speaker 1: I thought that was that certainly I think is my honorable mention for the whole episode. It was such a powerful scene and I gotta be honest, like I wrote down, wait, where is it?
Speaker 2: Wait before you say that?
Speaker 3: Though, I just have to say the only thing because now, like in therapy, because I've been through this, I just wish Nathan would have said, like something to the effect of, like, but and I am sorry that this is affecting you and this is hurting you, and that this has come up and what's brought up for you? Like he never actually he never had empathy in my eyes for her, and I only I'm saying, this is a forty year old who's gone through that, but like, but there should be empathy that this is even something that has come up, Like I didn't really see any like remorse on that side for her feelings.
Speaker 1: Well what drove me crazy? And I wrote down, I go, how dare he walks away? In all caps in my notes when she says her number is all over your cel phone bill, I was like, excuse me, you're gonna walk away. You're caught. But what I thought was interesting because I was like, this feels really gas lighting. He's saying he only lied about his wife trusting him, Like, no, he's lied about something. And what would have been I did catter, Well, what would have been so much better would have been like, did you really look at it? Imagine if he'd walked into the office and been like, these are all incoming calls, Haley, and then you could have been like, oh, now I get it. Instead he was like, I can't believe you don't trust me, and it's like, well.
Speaker 2: Clearly, this is why. Will show me that I can.
Speaker 1: Right to your point, I thought they really redeemed it, and I did love that it spoke to this larger thing, right of like, well you will believe what is often reported. You start to believe what's in the world around you. We see it now with social media and these algorithms, and like you know, he's like, this is being said about me and it isn't true. And I thought you would know, but I hate did I noted here. I was like, Okay, it comes back around, and I really like where they end up. But it's so clear to me that like a dishonest man had his hand on that scene, because I actually think a guy like Nathan would have been like, come look at it with me and realize these are incoming calls. Do you know how many people call me? Do you know how often this happens to me? And you could go, oh, there's more to the story.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, Like and he did say, like I'm a professional athlete, people get my number. But that's still a very gaslighting comment as opposed to like leaning in to have the comment.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, well, and I think it speaks to that larger issue, right of what we were talking about in the other episode, like when the pileon happens, sometimes you just snap, and like Haley hit this woman. She snapped. She's clearly having a hard time. She's putting on a brave face, but how is this not supposed to rattle her? And I wish that the front half of the scene had felt more like the second half when he was really clear about if you don't trust me, this is a bigger issue. I was like, ooh, we now we're getting into the good stuff and this is what I want more.
Speaker 3: And I love you and I'm sorry that this has come up for you. This is like making a hearsay. That's all I want is lean in.
Speaker 1: Just I just want people to lean in understand that for her, this is really really difficult. Right, And then you have the flip side of this amazing comedy with you when Milly wakes up in your bed and you're working and you've texted Melvin Love.
Speaker 3: That was one of my those one of my favorite scenes because I'm like, eh, Melvin, like, I just like rock out with your rack.
Speaker 1: And the way Lisa almost says it and gasps. You two are so funny together. You're both such amazing comedians. I like I said, I just want I want more and more and more and more and more of it.
Speaker 3: Listen, girl, you have way more pull than I ever have pulled. So anytime you want to brooke an Alex show, and.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm a stove down. It's actually been so interesting because this is the first year of my life that I haven't been contracted to a show, and so like I've been able to travel a little more, I've been able to do more of this, like more podcasting and this sort of work. I've you know, I went and I made a movie I love. I'm about to make another movie. But when you were talking before about missing that on set camaraderie, I'm like, yeah, I miss that. Like I talked to my girlfriend Sky that I did Good Sam with about the same thing.
Speaker 3: Which by the way, was a great show and it deserves really more airtime.
Speaker 1: Well, it was given a terrible time slot and everything about when it was put on was terrible. But I got my friendship with her out of the deal and she met her now husband out of it. Like we just had the most wonderful set. But like because we had signed onto that show in early twenty twenty, and then it was a three year process to even get through the first season with the pandemic, Like it was this long journey. And yeah, I don't know. I this is my first year not on a TV set and I miss it too. So I'm ready for the Brook and Alex and Millie show again.
Speaker 3: I am here. Let's do it. We can we know the right peeps.
Speaker 1: Okay, great? Can I ask if you noticed something about this episode which I am unwell.
Speaker 2: About which piece?
Speaker 1: Okay, the contrasts of and like the wonder of watching the Clay and Quinn relationship start. And Hillary pointed out the smartest thing when we were bringing Rob in that like Clay, Rob and Hillary are the same, and like Clay was essentially brought in to be peyton ish and and you get Quinn coming in, she's the like broody, beautiful art like Lucas and so much of their energy is so great. And then suddenly in this episode, Chantella is like out on the beach with her camera. She looks like a hot mermaid. Her hair is kind of rich. She's like in full aerial mode in her bathing suit, like appropriate for the beach. Right, and Clay is walking the beach in a suit, sand's jacket and swayed loafers and they have multiple scenes together and she's in a bathing suit and he keeps his loafers on in the sand even when they're sitting down.
Speaker 3: I did not notice that that's an eye, that that's a good director.
Speaker 2: I right there did not notice that.
Speaker 1: I'm not okay. I was like, why why is he wearing this outfit? Why is he wearing his shoes? Why does he never take his shoes off?
Speaker 3: I feel like that's something that I now, Like when I was shooting the last movie with Austin, I'm like, I would never wear this to therapy. I'm not wearing this short little sun dress at therap Like we have to change the wardrobe for this. So there's many times now that like I've taken because it's like but like back in the day, I would have never I would have never thought that.
Speaker 1: Like y'all I was. I was just like, what is going on? And they're having their chemistry's building and they're having these sweet conversations and he's just got his suede loafers on.
Speaker 2: In the end, I'm not like, I'm not good, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: But I really enjoy I really enjoy their dynamic. And I liked finally getting to see because we've seen in the episodes building up to this, you see the reveal that they're not actually sleeping together, that they're just leaning on each other. You know, Clay has something building, and now you know the blonde no spoilers has showed up and there's something going on here. We know about Quinn and David, obviously, we don't know about Clay and this woman yet, but we know he's got a pain point, and you've seen them build this friendship and talk about the fact that they're not screwing around, right And then when Quinn goes at Nathan and calls him on it in this episode, I was like, guess girl, he has absolutely no right to judge you.
Speaker 3: I love this, yes, one thousand, and I love how Nathan then came and apologized and said that what he said too to Quinn. But also like I love watching Rob and Chantelle's scenes together because I also, you know, they were such good friends off camera too, and so it was just like their well, how how their storyline progresses is I've just I always loved I don't know, just like there's like there's truth into it, and it's I think it's just a beautiful relationship on an off screen. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's nice all these years past doing it to have the ability to watch it and go, oh, I can see the seeds of that, like, yeah, I can see you me and Lisa having so much fun together because we did. Yeah, I can see the easy friendship budding between Rob and Chante well because it did. Yeah, And it's it's special when those things translate because they add just like a layer of something that's bigger than what's on the page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're both you know, great actors too. But there's what I like about both of them is there's that mystery, like you kind of said, and there's a that's that's what's intriguing to go, wait, well, who's the blond again? And so I'm like, all right, So I'm you know that kind again is like that I know now because it's a refreshment memory obviously, but like that there's both of them bring a kind of a beautiful mystery thread through the through the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I just enjoy all of the scenes. You know, I know we talked about it earlier, but I really want to focus on it for a bit. You and Austin are so good together. And even you freaking out in the house walking around behind him when he's reading the script and you're like, it's supposed to be funny, you're not laughing, and he never looks up and goes, maybe I'm laughing on the inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just love I love the dynamic. I love the relationship. It's a date, it's work, it's a date. It's a working date.
Speaker 2: Date ish date ish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 3: But also I think that was the friendship too, Like we were all roommates and it was roomies, and like that's why I think, like Austin and I worked so well together this past you know, spring summer, it was because it's like there's that that friendship, that connection there that's just like and even so even on set when I was with them a couple of months ago. I'm like, was that okay? Like like I don't know, Like it's just like, you know, be able to like work play off of each other. It's just it was it was fun. It was like he's one of my all time favorite scene partners. So and through that, like Alex Julian, it's like he let me have some fun and also he helped me along the way too, and a lot of scenes, you know, moving forward in the episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I love that so much?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Do you have sense memory when you watch certain scenes? Like sometimes when we pan across the river, I'm like, oh, my god, I can smell Wilmington when I watch this, or oh I remember being in that set because we broke in the middle of that scene and I remember getting in so much trouble. We can stop laughing. Like are there things watching these episodes that come up for you like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The where we shot my hotel room scenes was in the was in the what's that called the My gosh, it was on one of the stages, right, it was theeat on the stage. It built it, so they built it on the stage and you know, our trailers just were outside there and you know, it just brought back all the memories of I mean from catering to the offices were right there and then but to us like hanging out you know on our chairs outside just outside that door was just the open stage, you know, like there wasn't much else there and so you know, just the times that were had when they yelled cut checked the gate at the time, So like that was that those memories were were awesome and just you know, yeah, I mean there was so many times too where we would just have to cut because we're laughing, you know, and like that's just the joy of the fun had on set. Was was that? But I think, yeah, my favorite memories was was working on my in my stage with the hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting too to begin to see the dynamic shift. The buddy comedy of Alex and Millie is so fun.
Speaker 2: She's great.
Speaker 3: I didn't like I knew Lisa was a great actress obviously, but like like kind of like you had said, I was listening to a previous episode and you were saying, you know it's or no, maybe it was Rob like you know, you like acting with you don't get to like watch, or maybe it was on your voice note, but you don't. You don't get to like actually watch and so now watching it, I'm like, Lisa is so like she had me cracking up, Like I'm like, she's so funny.
Speaker 1: She's incredible, Like I would have loved to see Lisa on SNL one thousand.
Speaker 2: Well, she's like, what is she doing? Still? Like I haven't I've lost touch with her. So I'm like, is she still acting like.
Speaker 1: We we we all keep trying to find her. Really I don't, Yeah, I don't know. I like I tried to hunt down Brendan.
Speaker 3: Like she's not at a conventions, Like I like don't know where. I don't know where she's at.
Speaker 1: None of us miss her. Girl smoke signals we're coming for you. Oh my god, could you imagine you and you and me like tweel dumb and tweetledd at the front door, like, hey.
Speaker 2: Girl, around you finding Lisa. There's our show? Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Honestly I'm so ready for it. But like there's something so precious. You guys are so funny and so sweet and and because as you said, Alex doesn't there's not like a mean bone in her body. She thinks everything she's doing and saying is okay. The the cringe I felt, I mean, especially the time period. My god, calling Lisa Goldstein plus size is like, oh, I'm like, no wonder we all had such insane like body confidence issues. Also like more power to him? Is anyone on earth hotter than Ashley Graham?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But right the the time was so hard on women and so toxic for us, and yet this toxicity was coming through Alex as this like incredibly sweet person. Who didn't you didn't say it in a mean way. You didn't mean it in a mean way. But you start to see how depending on the way someone feels, someone else's words affect them. And the beginning of this storyline like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's a hard one to watch, yeah, because you know, well we know how it ends up with, you know, with her and and how like you know the road that she takes and that self doubt, Like she didn't think that she had any body issues until I said something different to her. So then now she's believing, you know, that's that now becomes her her truth when it's not her truth, it's the world telling her something as he and that's sad.
Speaker 1: It's so sad.
Speaker 3: And that's where I'm always like, even like as a parent too, I'm like, the world is going to tell you so many mistruths, which is why I'm constant like you are good enough, you are brave, you are strong, you're beautiful. It's like, because everyone else is going to tell you everything that's not true, so let me be the one to tell us. I'm like, oh, that that like hurt watching is like an adult.
Speaker 1: No, it hurt me too. And it's like, it's what you were saying earlier that Alan always says, right, what's in our four walls? Like for you to be able to teach your kids that what's in your four walls is what's true, Yeah, it's so important because the world's going to be terrible to them. I mean what we did to Millie. By the way, Ash and Sammy watched with me yesterday and ash goes diet pills. Why And I said, well, because when you went in the other room, you missed the point, like they were saying.
Speaker 2: Wait, so Ashley knows who I am.
Speaker 1: She sure does, and she and I go, you know essentially what they're saying, and like, obviously it's ridiculous. But like this character is telling this character like, oh, I'm the model and you're the plus size model, and she goes no, like screamed at the top of our lungs, and I was like, well, welcome to tree Hill. This is why everyone had a complex. You're welcome. Oh yeah, yeh. But I appreciate that that this thing that is so hard, like that makes us all cringe, is not delivered with malice on your part, Like it was such a good choice for you to continue that stream of consciousness that they had no mal intent, because you begin to see the way people are affected rather than necessarily the way people are like bullied. And I like that it wasn't bullying, that it was that it was personal fear exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like inside too, like I'm taking these dive pills because I'm told that I need to be skinny, right, yeah, Well, and.
Speaker 1: You see how this toxic system just is hurting everybody.
Speaker 2: And I like that.
Speaker 1: We also got the behind the scenes with her in that beautiful scene with mouth where she just starts to cry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I wrote it down.
Speaker 1: I said, the fact that Millie's crying about her body is so fucking sad. To me, they did this to all of us, like that's in my notes, but that thing when she says it made me feel special.
Speaker 3: Well, but also though I would just want to say this too, is like they did that to us. But also even in this show, like I remember one of the scenes moving forward where I have to be in like lingerie, it was I didn't have like the flattest stomach, and so there was some words said that made me feel like, oh, we need a higher wasted because this isn't going to look good on camera. And so then my head goes, oh because I have a stomach. Yeah I know, like I know, and so you know we're also told in our workplaces too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, that's the thing is it's relentless and no matter what you are, you're not the right thing. Yeah, like, oh you're you're pale, you should be tan, you're tan? Why why are you getting sun damage? You're like whatever it is, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: Do we remember my sun damage? By the way, we can't know this is a way later episode, but do you remember Puerto Rican? So we my member, I got burn in my entire Oh you're sun burn? Yeah remember the sunburn? And like it peeled off of my face.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrible. That was the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think that, like the way we were treated on camera and off was so crazy. But the thing that I thought was so beautiful that I felt like they gave to Millie but was so true for the rest of us, was like I have felt competent and smart and capable and reliable, but never special. And I feel like women feeling special in that era, the people in power always perceived as dangerous, and I love that now, whether it's the way body positivity has changed, or like even you know, you see Simone and Jordan like bowing down out to the Brazilian gymnast, like yeah, all the girlies, we're all here together in a new way, and I'm I don't know, I love it and I love I love that we get to sort of be here in that era for each other, too, agreed. And that mouth was there for Milly in that moment and put her little shoe on like a Cinderella.
Speaker 3: Moment right well, And that mouth was not only there for a Millie, but that were how he showed up for Nathan too, because he it's really easy to be able to jump on the wagon of what media is talking about and you know that being his friend, and so it's easy in these day and age to be like, yeah, well sources say or you know, because we're close to certain people that you know, we know or whatever. But in this situation, where can sports like can this show just be about sports? And does why does it have to be like just you know, talking about things that we have no idea or having an opinion about something we don't know, you know, And when.
Speaker 1: You see the way that running with a lie will legitimize it, like you saw it with the boxer from Algeria, that poor woman, like everybody just ran with this nonsense about her during the Olympics. And it was really interesting watching this episode this week because it felt so timely to have mouth say we're not going to do that. We're not going to legitimize a falsehood by reporting on it for clicks, for ratings. Come on, and you kind of wish, kind of wish the media I would do a little more of that, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm always like just what is the truth.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm like, because I've even come to you on certain things and be like, this is what I'm this is what I hear and what I've been, you know, told, what is like? I just want to know what the actual facts are, Like, what are the facts like? Yeah, from like but there's a fact from there's facts from two different sides. I just want to know the the one fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the actual fact, not the alternative fact?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like what is just actually the fact?
Speaker 3: And that's where I'm like, That's where I feel like it's hard to live in this day and age because there are facts from both from so many places, and I just would like to know the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and then it gets really juicy, right because Dan, you start to realize what's his angle here, you know, and the fact that Rachel has to come in to try to convince Renee. It's so well done because I remember, again not trying to spoil it for any first time viewers, but I remember where this goes, and they were so good at weaving these possibilities. Dan saying, you know, I want him to be better than I was. I don't want it to take him sixteen years to claim his other child. I did exactly this, He's my son. And then Rachel's sitting down and being like give me a break, Nathan blow him off, and he's here to bury him and help you, and you're just like, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Who's telling the truth? I mean, this is why I get why the show works.
Speaker 3: It's juicy, and I'm like, I want to go back now now that I've watched a few and like, Okay, what happens again?
Speaker 1: Like okay, well, good keep watching and then you can bop in here and hang with us more and more. Selfishly, I'm so glad that I got you all to myself this week, and I know Robin so bummed to not be here, so you'll have to come back and get to hang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to.
Speaker 3: You would love to when when you guys want me back, it's always fun to rewatch it and drag Alan to watch it with me.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I do have We got this question, perhaps more than any other question when we told the fans that you were coming. Everyone wants to know what you think Alex du Pray is up to now.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I love that question, and that is why I want to do a show. I think she's still trying to find her way, but like in the best way possible, like I don't think she's lost, but I think she's just kind of like on her eat Prey Love right now, figuring it out. And I know that she's going to have like the happy but I think she's still like she's kind of still figuring it out. I don't think she's a mom yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you think is Alex like like Jana in real life? Is she a multi hyphen it? Is she also making music?
Speaker 3: Is she? Yes, she's doing all the things. She's doing music, she's doing movies, she's going through men, she's you know, she's she's doing she's doing it all. I love it. But she's gonna slow down soon. But first she has to have a show about all the things.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we need to see her have some wild times. I think, yeah, that feels fun.
Speaker 2: But she she's not into like she's not in the gutter. She's not.
Speaker 3: She's still sober. She's still doing uh Lime, like you know, the lime shots with water you know, and just you know, she's still trying trying to tie cherry ties like you know what I mean, Like that's her thing. Yeah, she's still lively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's still fun, but she's she's responsible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ish Ish state Ish ha Ish always ansh with her.
Speaker 1: What an absolute delight you are. Thank you so much for coming friends. We will see you next week for season seven, Episode seven.
Speaker 3: I and Love and you all right, girl, you're the best. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. Thank you, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Bye, Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 2: H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time. We all about that high school drama.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama Girl, all about them high school Queens. We'll take you for a ride at our comic Girl sharing for the right teams. Drama Queens, my girl up Girl Fashion with your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens Drama Queens