Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling.
Speaker 1: One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat and now joined by Bad Larry Shay and Irving and Dylan the graphics guy. I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the things we talk about before we start the show or more interesting than the show itself. Larry, what what has happened to you?
Speaker 4: It's Bad's a little three week stretch here, Dan.
Speaker 1: We were talking about maybe you would get thirty.
Speaker 5: Units by the end of the season. Yeah, you're down to plus three units. Uh, Shay is plus fourteen, Dyl. Shay is the only one a plotting for Shay. Dylan is up. He won three units last week. He's up plus twenty. How about a round of applause?
Speaker 3: Rightfully?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: About the tunnel so bad, Larry, No, we're not talking about tunnels in New York.
Speaker 1: That should be the only thing to talk about, Danny.
Speaker 3: No, the Holland tunnel.
Speaker 1: Open up the group jet, Dan tell us what you know now, Okay.
Speaker 5: Larry, you want to say you've lost seventeen units over the.
Speaker 4: Seventeen units over three weeks? Yeah, giants wrong, Yeah, I'm playoffs are starting now, Dan, I'm good. How is Medalist?
Speaker 1: By the way, the subject? Why are you changing the subject?
Speaker 4: No, I said, it's been a bad three weeks. You're supposed to change the subject new day.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: I played golf at Metalist in Florida Beautiful last Friday and Saturday. That's Tiger Woods's home course. I did not go to Perkins.
Speaker 1: Should I? No? You should? I heard there's some good telling her I'm married, Danny.
Speaker 3: Well, it's actually questionable talent.
Speaker 1: I think if you remember eager Town, I'm not married the way you're married. The roommate and I are on much better ground right now, Danny. So you are truly day to day Oh yeah, yeah, hold hour. So she really laid into me last night about how I do nothing, No, I wish yeah.
Speaker 3: Perkins every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, about how I do nothing at the house with the kids, no bedtime, no bathtime, no nothing. And then I sleep in in the morning and they you know, they wake me up at like eight eight fifteen because they were going to school, daddy vibe, Yeah, I see you later. And uh so she got back from dropping them off and she was like, you don't do shit are out here except you know, exist and make money. That's what I do. And you just hang out with the kids all day. So as far as the trade off goes, if the roles were reversed, well I don't. I'm not biologically predisposed to being a caretaker, Danny. That's because I'm a man. The roommate is a female assigned to birth hashtag twenty twenty four, and she's predisposed to take care of kids. That's all there is to it. Okay, yeah, why didn't she understand that? Well, she get you know, there's cycles with women, Danny, there's a ten days a month. I lose. The logic just escapes the entire house because of the moon cycles and the way the waves crash in. And when when does it work against you for her to understand you. You're saying ten days? What about her looking at you trying to understand y, She'll lose twenty eighth thirty for sure. I still losing ten Danny. All Right, it's hard. Okay, back to what bad Larry. I ran into somebody who knew Bad Larry at this golf course in Florida. No, yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: Guys said, hey, you know you know John Nolan. I said yeah, and I assumed that if you knew John Nolan played basketball at Providence and he was Larry's roommate. So then he goes, how's bad Larry. I said, he's doing all right? So that that that's a Wall Street guy that I think lives down there in West Palm.
Speaker 1: To the man, No, I know badir No, he's doing it right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh it was before this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah are you?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, So somebody said hello to you, some guy named Sean I think his name is.
Speaker 4: I got a text that uh is DP here and I said, not with me. I assumed he meant down here at the shore. And he goes, he texted me back no medalist. Yeah no, no, it's Mike Mike Samberger.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Oh do you guy?
Speaker 4: That's why I hate O do you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Wow?
Speaker 5: Uh well, this is a left turn I never should have taken, but I apologize to the audience.
Speaker 3: Okay, well how'd you play?
Speaker 1: Dan? Uh? I played? Okay?
Speaker 5: For your handicaps body Uh, well, they gave me an eight point seven and but I lost money as an eight point seven. Yeah, but had fun. Didn't see Tiger, didn't see Ricky, didn't see any you know, celebrities. Just a bunch of guys who made a shipload of money.
Speaker 1: On that's it. That sounds like Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, celebrities in the eighties.
Speaker 5: And it seemed so miserable that they go to the golf course every day, play golf and then have lunch and then sit out and drink.
Speaker 1: And I I'm not ready for that. Why not?
Speaker 3: Sounds amazing?
Speaker 1: No? I did it for two days. I'm like, uh no, hanging out in Florida. No, not not into it. I can't retire, No, yeah, I understand that I can't. For you, I could retire yesterday, yeah yeah yeah. But then you'd have to spend a lot of time at home. No no, no, no, no, I'd be a traveling salesman. U wink wink. Get a second family, No problem, Okay, Perkins.
Speaker 5: Here are the odds for Bill Belichick where he'll coach next season, in case anybody wants to do a futures on this. The Chargers plus two hundred, the Falcons plus five hundred, Commanders plus six hundred. Anybody want a piece of any of those? Shay, you gotta lay in the horrorball angle too. You gotta factor that in, all right, because that is either the Rams Bears didn't fire Eberflus or whatever the is, whatever Indianapolis possibility.
Speaker 1: No, oh yeah, no they did. Well, they don't care. They don't care. Harbor, He's a Michigan man, doesn't matter. Shane Steiken, I think he's going to the Rams. Harball's gone. He's gone. He's going to the Rams. I think he's going to the Chargers. I'm sorry, Chargers. Okay, all right, so Harball's gone. Are you doing a futures on this? No? Okay, Dylan, what about you?
Speaker 6: Well, my inclination is kind of say, not a head coach. At plus seven hundred, I can see him riding off of the sunset, except for the fact that I have a theory that he wants to do the Brady and go to another team, see if he can rip off one super Bowl and then kind of end that he was waiting for the.
Speaker 1: Cowboys to bow out in the open.
Speaker 3: And that's the tale as old as time.
Speaker 1: Would you take Belichick coach.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, would you root for the Cowboys to lose so you could get Bill Belichick?
Speaker 1: No? Absolutely not no, No, the fat man's my man. We're riding since when there's a playoff storry if you knew you could get Belichick, but you have to lose to the Packers. No, you would not do that. No. If I could get Jesus Christ on the cross, I wouldn't root for the Cowboys to lose. It don't matter what.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Cowboys got to win every single game for me to be normal and happy. Yes, Marvin, if the Cowboys go to the super Bowl? Is Shay humming to Vegas?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Danny, I got the newsletter? Okay, yeah? Are you Is there a chance you're coming out to Vegas? Uh? If you invite me, I'm coming yeah. Oh yeah, Oh Dan, that'll be a business triplets that ship writing off everything? How do you write off cocaine? How does that?
Speaker 3: What fuel costs?
Speaker 1: Okay, rocket fuel? I'm inviting you to the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: I'll be there, Danny, Okay, don because we'll do the gambling podcast there in Vegas.
Speaker 1: You'all don't know me in Vegas. Well, just show up for Thursday, and I land and I disappear. I'm gone, bad, Larry. Do you want to join us in Vegas for the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, all right, thanks.
Speaker 5: That's a smartist ship you've said all year. Okay, so nobody bat Larry. Do you have a future's bet On Belichick?
Speaker 1: Great coaches.
Speaker 4: We're talking about it this morning. He's seventy four or something.
Speaker 1: He should reach seventy seventy two. He said, how old his wife? Though, that's really how you measure a man. He doesn't have a wife. He did they got divorce now?
Speaker 4: No, no, Jordan the all time record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he's got a coach. No, he didn't get married. He was just dating her.
Speaker 1: So he's hunting.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If he's he might go to Dallas. Well he could go down Chargers. No, no, Dallas fancy over the La hippies all day every day. So bad, Larry. You don't want to bet on this.
Speaker 4: I don't want to bet on it. We were talking, we said this morning, the consensus was Atlanta. But I want to If I was him, I would retire, obviously, I would retire.
Speaker 1: Started working. Yeah, you got to work to retire, Larry.
Speaker 4: It's just so, Yeah, he should retire and enjoy the rest of his life. He doesn't. He's not making a hundred like I am.
Speaker 1: Oh to the age of right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought you were talking about you making money and you're not doing that.
Speaker 1: Dylan. You want to recap anything from last week?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Nice? Nice little five and two Michigan. That was that was locked up.
Speaker 5: So you got the under and you had Michigan given four and a half. Yeah, all right, congratulations bad Larry. Anything that you would like to recap from another dismal weekend?
Speaker 4: I just I just hate horror Buck so much. I had to bet against Michigan and that that game was over. That was over in the first quarter.
Speaker 1: Well not technically seven point game at halftime.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I mean they did have opportunities, But I don't think that's a great gambling philosophy that you hate somebody so you bet against them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true, but I I will admit I do do that.
Speaker 1: Also, you do do all right? Uh shay, you got anything you want to recap? Uh nfl corn hol Me, Danny. Yeah, again, it's just dirt bag ship. But you Michigan, you gave the points. You had the under as well. Yeah, Pennix junior sandbag and some of a bitch said every single incompletion, incompletion, How the hell he hit every single forty yard bomb against Longhorns and then he couldn't hit a freaking right side of a barn when it comes to Michigan A bullshit? All right.
Speaker 5: That leads us to bets for this week, and Dylan leading the charge. I'll let you start.
Speaker 6: Out, all right, that actually really quick. I don't want a sand bag Larry too much. But he did put five units on the Eagles money line against the Giants last week we kind of.
Speaker 1: Two and a half. Yeah, yeah, that that high risk. Yeah, okay, uh Dylan, Yes, this week, here we go.
Speaker 6: I got a bet on every game, Dan, Yes, naturally, I'm going Texans plus two and a half against the Browns, Dolphins plus four and a half against the Chiefs, and I'm also going to put a unit on Dolphins money line. Everyone and their mother has been talking about how cold it's gonna be the Dolphins or ZH and ten and games under whatever, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So I'm going the opposite.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, I'm taking Bills minus ten against the Stillers.
Speaker 1: No, t J.
Speaker 6: Watt, that's unfortunate for them, but I think I would still take that regardless. Okay, Packers plus seven and a half against the Cowboys, and I'm also going to sprinkle a unit on Packers money line.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, bitch, that's right.
Speaker 6: I'm going with raised Lions minus three against the Rams. I know the public's all over the Rams thus far. Uh, Eagles minus three against the Bucks, and people have been, I mean rightfully so and very down on.
Speaker 3: The Eagles after what they lose four of the last five.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and that Giants game like that was like watching a porno for me, Danny, that I mean, that was beautiful. It was pretty great. Wasn't watch aus shit and slow anything else related or no?
Speaker 6: No, So Eagles mins three against the Bucks and then Packers Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Under fifty and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Oh, and I have two golf season dan, Okay, Tony Open.
Speaker 1: Now that this doesn't count towards your NFL total.
Speaker 6: But these are just two bets that I'll be making. Okay, will Zalatorus, he's back in action. Top ten plus six hundred and a Batilla top ten plus six.
Speaker 1: D man, did he faded last week?
Speaker 3: He was rolling to through moving day and then just.
Speaker 5: Faded the last day. I think he was in the final group. I don't think they showed any of his shots for the first like sixteen holes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just tanked them.
Speaker 1: Gonzo, Okay, Shay, your turn, Yeah fighting Matt Stafford's plus three against Detroit. I got Joe flat go laying two and a half against the Texans. I love it. I love that bet.
Speaker 3: He's perfect in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I mean older than you. I don't know how old is is he? Like thirty eight? Three? Ye? Well I'm older than him. If he's thirty eight, Okay.
Speaker 3: Jesus get out there.
Speaker 1: What happened to me? I know I missed a few years in between.
Speaker 3: And Joe Flacco has like seven kids, doesn't he.
Speaker 1: He's one of the He's a big family, same family, I think, so same womb. Yeah, I don't I guess. Yeah, he's got about sac the same woman.
Speaker 3: He should look like?
Speaker 1: How many coming kids? He gun? Ready?
Speaker 3: He's got five kids?
Speaker 1: Section or vaginal. I think they don't know that they should. They don't should. They don't tell you that they should. Okay, Okay, here we go. Which one Bill's Larry is still there.
Speaker 4: I'm still here, okay, having my lovely sister in law of the airport.
Speaker 1: It's some benzo procession. Let's get some zana.
Speaker 3: You can make a killing flipping those at the airport.
Speaker 1: Too, Dude. They're at least six bucks now. When I was going up, there were three dollars I got.
Speaker 5: Anyway, continue uh Bill's minus ten laying the ten.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I got the Philly Tampa over. I am going to add the Cowboys laying seven and a half. I think the Cowboys are going to dominate because Mike McCarthy has been stress eating calories and cheese curds all week. Folks in on this redemption story. Okay, yes, Ray.
Speaker 3: Nine years ago today, Daz caught it. That was nine years ago today.
Speaker 1: Yep. Do you know what that did to my life, Danny? No, I went on a ten day bender after that, only ten like at least ten like that reality didn't match perception, so I thought I had to reset the clock, and I waded into a pool of drugs and abuse for over a week. It ruined my life. Danny and you were married at the time, with the roommate. Any kids, Uh No, the roommate was pregnant, and you disappeared. Disappeared that happened with all three pregnancies.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, was that worse than Jared Cook? Or was Jared Cook worse?
Speaker 1: That was worse than Jared Cook for sure? Well, Dez, that was a horrible call, horrible ball. He made a football move. He made a fucking football move, period, full stop. Made a football embarrassing and everybody to talk about the Cowboys. You get all these fucking calls, you get all that ship. First off, Michael Parsons ain't had a holding call against him in thirty six fucking quarters a b. Dez caught the fucking ball. Leave me the fuck alone. I might as well check back into rehab today because you got me fired up. Well, then you might miss the game this weekend. He got TV in rehab, the rehabs I go to.
Speaker 5: Only the nicest line ship brother, Okay, all right, and that brings.
Speaker 1: Us to It's fantastic. How long as the long as you were in rehab? Uh, well it depends if you count the halfway house on top of the rehab, that would be four months. So halfway house was extensions. Yeah, ninety days in the halfway the house, twenty eight day inpatient, then ninety days, and then you you're supposed to you know, just I don't know live after that. But how prevalent are drugs in rehab? Very prevalent? My counselor. You know, it's a twelve step program and your counselor is supposed to be your best friend and all other shit. My counselor drove a Lincoln Mark eight and he ended up smoking crack while I was in rehab, after I told him all the shit I did before rehab. So you tell this counselor all your secrets. Next thing you know, he's smoking crack and trolling for girls on East Main. It was probably that was just that was the second time I went to rehab. That wasn't even the first. That was that was a second. But you're not drinking now you're out on the wagon. No back on it, Dan, Yep, great, I like it. That leads us to bad Larry, Larry, Okay, were you laughing at or with Shay with his rehab story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I'm just feeling bad for my man. Say, I hope he gets the ship together.
Speaker 1: Can you be my sponsor? Larry? Yeah? Well, you go through the twelve steps Jersey Shore.
Speaker 4: Why don't you come to the Jersey Shore for the Super Bowl and flow vegas off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, benzos don't count as a relapse. So I will tell your sister in law. Yeah, I got anxiety, brother. Okay, bad Larry.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm trying to read this. I got my glasses on. I sent it in. I sent it in as five favorites, two units each, and the Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Steels is my only underdog getting ten.
Speaker 5: Okay, Wait a minute, okay, So you have two units on the Browns giving two and a half against the Texans. Correct, correct, two units, the Chiefs getting four and a half against the Dolphins. Correct, two units, Steelers getting ten against the Bills.
Speaker 4: No, No, one unit on the Steelers, two units on the five favorites and one unit on the Steelers.
Speaker 1: And then you have two units on the Cowboys against the Packers. Track, two units, Lions giving three to the Rams, yep, and two units Eagles giving three to the Buccaneers.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, okay, and then I bet an over. I want over in that Kansas City game. And I don't know what the line was somewhere around forty four?
Speaker 1: Is it forty four and a half? Kansas City and Miami Ray it's at forty four forty four? Layer perfect, Okay.
Speaker 4: I love it now. That Kansas City game that's on Paramount this week.
Speaker 1: That's uh no, it's on Peacock. Peacock, you dump some kind of thing, Peako.
Speaker 4: Okay. If the NFL fixes games, that's the one they're going to fix for Camp.
Speaker 1: They're not fixing games.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you, okay.
Speaker 1: Why would they fix that game?
Speaker 4: Because they need Taylor Swift. They need Tailor to continue in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Low was hanging out through just grabbing a hold of it. Give me a break, Layer, Larry. Do you read like the National Inquirer stuff like that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Believe I mean.
Speaker 4: Where I get my news?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I do believe you when you say you don't read anything. But I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about Stephen Hawking?
Speaker 1: Larry?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: First off, if you get attacked by Stephen Hawking, that's got to be on you, right, I mean, and you would think you got it just walk away from Wait, Stephen Hawking is dead. Oh yeah, but when he wasn't he was on Epstein Island doing bad ship Danny. What Yeah, yeah, he was like camped in my room.
Speaker 6: He actually apparently he was a bit of a player off the island too.
Speaker 1: They made a movie about him, didn't they. Yeah. A beautiful mind. Yeah, a beautiful girl too. I don't know. Maybe it wasn't a beautiful mind for Steven.
Speaker 3: I think it was a dirty mind.
Speaker 1: I saw that on Skinemax. Okay, is the podcast up and rolling? Yeah? We did so last night. It got weird, weird. Okay, yeah it's out there. Be careful.
Speaker 5: Okay, go to Shae and Shae in Irving. Not Shae and Irving.
Speaker 1: Who is Irving that I'm hanging out with? Who I had? People say, I literally listen to a lot.
Speaker 5: It's like, uh, Shae and Irving, and I go, No, in Irving. That's when I first met you. You were you were in Irving, Texas.
Speaker 3: I was the multiple personality disort of throws people off.
Speaker 1: No, it's just manic episodes here and there. You know, the meds don't work when you drink heavily, Danny, So you become a different parton you don't drink anymore. No, but when you drink heavily, the meds don't work, the anti psychotics don't mix well with the booze, and then you just turn into somebody else and you take a run and you wake up the next day in Denton, Texas. Uh, over under and overpass wondering how the hell you got there?
Speaker 5: You were under an overpass or over and underpass under and make it a whole lot of friends.
Speaker 1: Hey, come back to my place.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Marvin Well Shae, make it the podcast if we if we do it in Vegas, well he make it to set.
Speaker 1: I'll sleep there. Yeah, I'll just sleep on set.
Speaker 3: You're gonna wake up like a Carls Junior off the strip somewhere.
Speaker 1: I mean, no. Vegas has gotten weird, like the twenty four hours since the pandemic, the twenty four hour food and drinking shit has really really come down. It used to be you could get a whole lot of weird shit done at four in the morning. Now you got if you get it done around midnight. Yeah, you gotta lock it up by midnight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, Ray, what if we put like an Apple tag on you airtage.
Speaker 1: That's good content. Find me down at the els, find me down a free mop. Baby getting weird. Huh you ever been to the El Cortes. I saw a knife fight in the parking lot in the El Cortez about two thousand and seven. It was wild. What's the elk Cortes. It's a casino down downtown. I don't know if it's around anymore. Okay, with knife fights and cocaine everywhere you go around there. Did you go to Olympic Garden? No? No, no, no, not me. I went to Uh. I went there a Jason Jombie no ship and his girlfriend at the time now his wife. How much testosterone did he have shoved in the thigh? He he uh. He was fun to hang out with, I really was. I got walked out of Binions at six in the morning on like a Thursday. I remember that. I got asked to never come back to Binyons. They had an outdoor crafts table. Its like indoor outdoor. Yeah, and my buddy was rolling dice. Larry, if you need to go for lunch, you can go to Rais and go to lunch.
Speaker 4: I'm my way in airport.
Speaker 1: Then, oh that's.
Speaker 5: Right, you're taking your sister law. Okay, all right, well good luck this good good luck this weekend.
Speaker 4: Thanks then I have fun.
Speaker 1: Guys, all right, that's bad. That's bad Larry, just because he sits there, and then I just let him go on his way.
Speaker 3: I forgot about him entirely.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, uh okay, that's it. Uh anything else that needs to be mentioned here, I didn't think so.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Thanks for joining us on. Dan Patrick takes a gamble
Speaker 2: To be from