Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan. It's listener Q and daytime. We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions. It is time for some listener Q and A. Abby is joining me this weekend. Hello, Abby, Hello, thank you for being here on this wonderful Fourth of July occasion.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: We have America America. Sorry you just like throughout the whole Merca. It's randomly throughout this whole episode. I'm going to We're sorry with some shout outs. Just proud of you. Two girls keep showing up. Mama Stacey and West Palm Beat Florida. Mama Stacey Max in Massachusetts says, it's cool when you get to sing on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's nice. I know he likes it.
Speaker 1: Debbie and Alexandria Virginia. There is no question. Just really happy for you both.
Speaker 2: America. I know I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do it a whole time, but Virginia, it's very like Patrionic up there.
Speaker 1: It is and shout out beings Debbie for the kind words. Abby says, MRCA to that they're uh. This one is from m Some people don't write their names and they have to go up there use your name and all I gotta say, m So, how do you handle Lunchbox so well? He is so mean to you?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Someone messaged me the other day and said, you are a saint for putting up with him. You're a professional, a true professional.
Speaker 1: You're a true professional saint. How does that feel?
Speaker 2: You know? I just try to be the bigger person. That's what my parents taught me to do, is just not let the haters get you down.
Speaker 1: Do you consider Lunchbox a hater? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean he just tries to get under your skin, tries to get in your head. He does that with everybody, So I don't know. I guess at this point I've really learned to tune him out.
Speaker 1: So you're just like, it's just like a little gnat. That's where you're hanging out, it is.
Speaker 2: It's just like that bug you want to squosh.
Speaker 1: I love that for you. How fast can you run? Eight? Ten k? This is from l Also another initial that I had to pull.
Speaker 2: A ten k oh okay, so that I got a calculate like this. Oh, this is a lot of calculating for this time the day.
Speaker 1: Sorry, math is hard. I don't like ten k, so.
Speaker 2: That's five miles. We did like a nine minute mile for the half marathon. So if you want to calculate that out.
Speaker 1: How far is ten k?
Speaker 2: I don't think that's that's a five point two six point two? Oh six point two?
Speaker 1: Sorry, so then you'd run, says nine minutes, nine times six? That thirty six. No, I don't fifty four. My brain is not functioning. I have a lot going on in my head. Nine times six is fifty four. You're correct, Okay, so thirty four minutes? Yeah, a little ten care.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you run the ten k? She can't answer back.
Speaker 1: But she is she I don't know, and I have a profile picture and I just said, oh.
Speaker 2: So, well, that's how fast? But I haven't I usually just do like a half. I haven't done it. I don't even think I've done a ten k in an actual race. But I'm calculating on you've.
Speaker 1: Only done half marathons. Have you done five k's? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I used to. I've done five k's, okay, but like they're fine. Okay, turkey trot you know something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh you're a turkey trotter. Yeah, you and lunchbox are both turkey trot. I wonder if I could beat Lunchbox. I really want to know that. Oh, I feel like you, Mike and Lunchbox should have a running race.
Speaker 2: Oh Mike would know. Oh, Mike is insane. He like, I don't know how he does. He runs twenty two miles and one time he was running at the same park as me, and he was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: He was running.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was like, I thought I was kind of fast.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna understand this movie reference, but all my Marvel people were. They're scene at the very beginning of Captain America where he just is running loops around one of the other guys and he just gets he's seen on your right, So I kind of know Mike.
Speaker 2: Did Mike be at the park? He's like, on your right?
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: My gosh, Okay, can this person ask Lunchbox his Well, I could just ask him. I just want to know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I can ask him in discreetly on next best bits lunchboxes there. So when you guys see me, ask for lunchbox questions, which will be because he was just on It'll be like six or seven weeks from now. Remind me and I will ask him for you Abby, Okay, thank you. We'll do it indiscreetly. Okay, Ali, And Marilyn wants to know she's about to move in with her boyfriend and rent her house out.
Speaker 2: Any tips, Ooh, I love that you're doing this, that you have a plan, because that's cool. I don't about running mine out any tips. Let's see communicate, I would say. Also, a good one is like different chores, like divvy them out, you know, or they might not get done, Like be like, okay, I'll do the dishes, all vacuum, I'll do laundry. The other one, I'll clean the toilets.
Speaker 1: And you know, do you divvy that out every time you guys are about to have a cleaning day or this is just those are your indefinite chores indefinite? Well, we kind of have to clean the toilet all the time, which changes. Oh so like one says this week and next week you yeah, yeah, just kind of switch them, okay.
Speaker 2: And I guess like writing things down, like write a grocery list, you know, because if he's going to the store, if you just put a grocery list on the counter, he has his list. You can add to it. And whoever goes to the store can get it. These are I guess, really small things. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, communication is everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, try to be clean. I leave things out a lot, like my Starbucks cups. Then it really annoys him, like he's like, hey, are you done with this? I'm like yeah. He's like, yeah, that's from yesterday.
Speaker 1: Like have you gotten better about throwing these lips? Yes?
Speaker 2: I have, and he appreciates it. He says thank you a lot. So that also, you know, if someone does something appeciation, Yeah, show appreciation because that makes me want to continue.
Speaker 1: So communication appreciation, consistency, yes, uh huh. Okay, we like these tips. These are good. Those are helpful. Okay, We've got Lauren in New Jersey who wants to know a Nashville day hike recommendation. Ooh, day high.
Speaker 2: Let's see. It depends on which you can help with these, because I know you go on them. I love going to Percy Warner Okay, Edwin Warner. Either those they're connected, they're connected. There's one like on the by Cheek Wood entrance that has like stairs like the Bill Mead stairs. I like going up those. And there's like a cool little loom or a five mile right to a night.
Speaker 1: It's five miles. It's the long loop.
Speaker 2: Okay, you little walker. You The cool thing about these though, is they kind of venture off like different trails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could go different amounts. Just I've gotten lost there.
Speaker 2: If you can get lost same so maybe put it.
Speaker 1: In all trails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really like that one. Radner Lake.
Speaker 1: Radner Lake is a favorite of mine. I like just walking the loop around the lake and.
Speaker 2: There's animals like deer. You'll see a lot owls.
Speaker 1: Sometimes bald eagles. I've never gotten to see a bald eagle there, but some people have. And lots of turtles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of turtles because there's like a lake. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Harp With River is mine.
Speaker 2: Oh, that one's fun as like the overlook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like a rough going up, but it's super short and easy. It's just rough because you're kind of going straight up. But Harpeth River State Park is a really good one.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And then if you have like a whole day to do one, I would road trip to Machine Falls. That's one of my favorite waterfalls.
Speaker 2: I've never been really been at Cummins Falls.
Speaker 1: Cummins Falls is a really popular one. Machine Falls is another popular one, but not as much as Cummings. It's a little further out too, so you can kind of have a little bit more. And waterfalls are just nice when it's super hot like this to do a hike at and you can swim in the little base so if you were swim so you can kind of jump in, cool off and hike the rest of the way back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are fun ones. Okay, we're gonna take a little break, be back with some more questions. Eric from Pennsylvania would like to know what happened with the Talk to Chuck podcasts.
Speaker 2: Oh it's no longer.
Speaker 1: Well, bummer, I know it was.
Speaker 2: It was so fun. I really loved it because it was kind of like a radio show, like we talked about news, we had like special guests, song we had people ask questions. But I don't know, he got too busy. And then Sammy was also on it, and she is on like old dominions to her now and yeah, it just got too crazy to get our schedules together. It was really hard because we all had to be, you know, at the same time, same place obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a commitment to have a show or a podcast. There's a lot of work that goes into it, and on top of a full time job.
Speaker 2: Right and getting guests on, you have to make sure it works with their schedule too, Like it could be good for everybody on the podcast, but then if the guests can't make it at that time, it just got really hard. I would love for it to come back, but.
Speaker 1: Never say never. Yeah, maybe maybe ever.
Speaker 2: I know that was really fun though.
Speaker 1: Joanna wants to know what is something you learned in your thirties that you wish you knew at twenty?
Speaker 2: Oh? My to really just like is this airing before or after? Our Questions one?
Speaker 1: This will air after? This is part three, So the other one that we do is part one.
Speaker 2: Okay, questions Well, we talked about not writing paragraphs to guys and teaching them how to treat you that is true, like know your worth and your value and if someone can't see it, then that's on them, and don't waste any more time, you know, like I'd always be like, what's wrong with me? Like why can't they see it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I just got to like show them, I got to prove to them, and it's like, no, you don't have to do that, like be yourself, work on yourself, be happy with yourself, and I feel like the rest kind of like falls into place. Yeah, it's like a long time one to learn that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's still sitting in her notes appen and goes to part one here.
Speaker 2: Not even went into my thirties, but I finally learned, so yeah.
Speaker 1: She got to delete it on best bits. It was a very ceremonial moment, right. I would say along that line. It's kind of funny because you know, a lot of people listen to the show and they always they've heard a lot about like my dating life over the course of time. But I think something that I was really good at was also still living my life that I didn't have someone. I wasn't waiting for a lot of things to happen. There were some there was definitely some internal conflict, but I think I would pursue that more relentlessly in my twenties of like, everything will work out, so really try and enjoy each of those moments, like being in the present moment for everything, because you do get so focused on previous things happening or future stuff that's still to come and you just forget that all of this that's happening right here are things you're gonna want to look back on and be really happy about. And there was so often that I was just caught up in one or the other that living in the present moment was really hard for me to do, especially in my early twenties. I started to get to that point in my late twenties and definitely now in my thirties where I'm very much like, Okay, one day at a time, focus on one day at a time. And I wish I could have learned that even sooner, and I really implemented it because there is a lot that I look back on and say that was so cool, and I was so focused on what's to come or what was happening before that that I couldn't really take that moment and run with it, so that I think about that a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh No, that is really good. It's kind of like the glass half full perspective, you know, like if you always focus on what you don't have, like oh I wish I had this, oh, you know, instead of just being like, oh my gosh, I get to be here right now, like this is awesome and it's really hard.
Speaker 1: To do that. Living in the present moment is a challenge. So you know, I don't know that I could have, even if I go back, do it any better than I did. But I wish I just would have like come to terms with it internally a lot better quicker. So maybe somebody telling me that would have helped. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it is. You know, like when somebody does like I feel like right there, it helps flip the switch to really at least be aware of it.
Speaker 1: If you're doing that, and awareness is the key to anything changing. You know that it's happening.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you may not even realize it.
Speaker 1: What is the coolest show moment you have ever had? Nakin and Alabama who loves us.
Speaker 2: Both, Oh, the coolest show moment.
Speaker 1: We did talk about like some of our really cool moments, Like we were talking about Caffeine folder, So really go check out part one. It's always fun.
Speaker 2: But I'll do a different one. I'm gonna say, like going to Diamond State Park with lunchbox and then like pranking him after because no one on the show knew. Did I tell you? I didn't even tell you.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't tell me right away because you were holding onto it for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I didn't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: I want to say. It was like four weeks later that you mentioned something to me of like I'm going to pull this over and I kind of started to piece things together. You gave me like clues, but you didn't give me the whole thing, okay, Yeah, And then when it was starting to happen, I was like, oh, this is what is.
Speaker 2: Like, I didn't tell Bobby or Steve, like usually you tell them so they at least know like what's happening. But Bobby had no idea, like he thought it was real too, And I was like, oh my gosh, am I going to get in trouble that I didn't tell him.
Speaker 1: You know that it's a brank. I think he loved it being a prank and he had no idea because I was always gonna like have that surprise element, right because he often does know a lot of what's happening. So I think it's always fun for him when he gets to have that and it's like harmless, you know, no harm, no foul kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just really funny, like his reaction, just the whole thing, like staying in the creepy hotel like lunch, there was a lot to it. It was just funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a good one. I still like that for you. I do wish it was a real diamond though, like me too. Could you imagine, like, yes, the prank was so incredible and just like you nailed that. Yeah, but could you imagine if like it was a prank and you're like, haha, sucker and I actually get a diamond?
Speaker 2: Like could you imagine?
Speaker 1: How I think?
Speaker 2: Cannot I can't imagine how awesome that would be? Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: He would have died. He would have died even further than the prank made him die.
Speaker 2: Like I know, I wouldn't have even believed it, Like the fact that we go for him and then I find one, Oh my gosh, that would have been great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need some more stuff like that. That was always funny.
Speaker 2: We got to bring that back.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well that's how we have. We answered a lot of on on part one, and we talked about something different things, so and I was trying to go about with different things that we've never talked about in questions. Sometimes there's always some that come through that we've talked about Yeah, so you know, if you're asking a question and you don't hear it, listen to other best bits, right, because we've probably addressed it at one point or another.
Speaker 2: I'm glad there were none about movies because I haven't really watched any.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always feel that homework. I've really kind of given up on the movie thing with you. But that's okay. No, I think I did this m the last the last time it happened. You're like, I watched one of them.
Speaker 2: Ready Player one. I keep coming back to that, like a year and a half ago, maybe too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can, Okay, Well, thanks for being here. Yeah, it's fun. Fourth of July weekend. I hope you guys are being safe. Thanks for hanging out with us on a holiday.
Speaker 2: Merca.
Speaker 1: Let's go USA, USA MRCA. Okay, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: Oh we do Okay, bye bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.