Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this special episode of elly Zygeist. This is going to be the OOPS All Overrated, Underrated and Search History series, featuring some of our favorite guests giving some of our favorite opinions from the past few months. We'll be checking in with these sporadically. They're just mostly silly episodes, full of the the treat part of the episode, the not about the news part of the episode, and yeah, we hope you enjoy them. All filler, no killer, I guess you could say. And if you have a favorite overrated underrated from the long history of the show, my memory doesn't work that well. But if you have one from a long time ago, let us know in the discorder and the comments and maybe we can do an all time OOPS all over under Search History.
Speaker 2: Anyways, without they're ado here, they are.
Speaker 1: OOPS, All Overrated, Underrated and Search History.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: All right, my underrated. How different our brains are? Like I was thinking about this researching Einstein for upcoming icons version of the show, and I just read this article about Afantasia.
Speaker 2: You know what this is. I think we've covered you see, Like it's some of the way you perceive things, right.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, people who can't picture images in their brands. Okay, Yeah, so they don't have like image based memories. They don't like if their eyes are closed, they're not seeing anything, but they they live their lives like completely normally. So this is the thing that was surprised, Like I can believe like, oh, there's you know, all sorts of different brains out there. There's also hyper fantagic people who have like very strong visual memories or imaginations that like make their lives ives borderline unlivable. Becau's just like reading about someone getting surgery without anesthesia is too much, Like they feel that pain and then like can't forget it, so they have to like watch what they take in and uh, you know, reading novels is like too overwhelming for them, whereas like people with afantasia like can't really like they said, they were just soap the prescriptive part. Yeah, so this is the thing that blew my mind. So they said that afantagic people like tend to be brilliant scientists, hyperfantagic people artists, which like that's kind of what you'd expect. The thing is, in all of these stories, they just discovered that this was a thing like in twenty sixteen, and the people who don't have the ability to picture images in their brain didn't know that it was weird. They thought that we were all speaking in metaphors when we were like, you know, picturing something in our mind. They were like right right, Like they thought like it was weird. Like reading the way this guy came to the discovery, it was like a part in two thousand and one Space Odyssey where like in the novel he's talking about how like as he's like going through this thing, like all these memories are like flooding back to him and he's like, oh, so it's the alien technology that's like doing that to him, like and then yea. It was just like some random newspaper column where a guy was talking about like how time isn't real because you can close your eyes and like go back and relive something and like that. Like he was thirty five, like a successful PhD. That's when he was like, oh, like I might be different and like had to like call his friends and be like, hey, so when you say like you can like picture something in your mind, what do you actually do you actually see stuff? And yes, like whoa, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like are you fucking with drugs again. Man, you are right. Well that's so.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing is that this article is New York. Her profile is like it goes through all these people. It talks about like how some of them have been able like all of our sacks. I think that writer about psychology, very popular writer who he didn't have the ability to like picture images in his mind, and then he took a bunch of amphetamines at one point and was like I could suddenly picture images in my mind for like three seconds and then like it went away. And he was like, and I don't recommend doing that.
Speaker 2: For visions. Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think we assume like that, like those people who have had gone through their lives not being able to picture anything and just thinking when people are like I'm counting sheep in my mind. It was like conceptual, like we assume everyone is more or less like us in their minds until we are like confronted by evidence otherwise. And that's so interesting, Like when researching Einstein is like kept being like it feels like this guy is constantly high, like he's he's always like forgetting shit, and uh, he's just he's like you know, a person who is constantly stoned, but then like having like these really like high ideas and like you could say, like taking drugs is like trying on the ways other people experience the world. Like I do wonder if people are just like all on this like different continuum of like ways you can experience the world. And like I've had bad drug experiences that I'm like, oh, this is probably what it feels like to be like X, Y or Z. Yeah yeah, just totally fucking racked by anxiety all the time. Oh yeah, but yeah, it's it's a really interesting article when they go off to it in the footnotes. But I do think that that's a very underrated aspect of just like human existence is, like our minds are just built totally different and experience the world in completely different ways. Like the people who are afantasic like are less likely to value retributive justice, I think, or no, no, no, They're more likely to be like anything like conceptual like an eye for an eye, whereas like people who are hyper fantagic or like just any suffering is like too much for them, you know what I mean. So it's just it's interesting, it's this whole like continuum that I didn't really understand and then like you of course, like where would you say you fall on that spectrum? Like I feel like one thing that they talked about was like people with auditory hyper fantasia who like they're like they wake up with like music playing in their head. I was like, well, I have like nineties rap song like before we started recording, I was liked was saying apart from a Fuji song that I hadn't heard in twenty years, Like, yeah, I think I have like more auditory and then you know, I'm pretty able to.
Speaker 3: I don't know images definitely not I would say I'm Fantasia. You're Fantasia Pantasia Burrino. Fantasia Fantasia Burrino the American Idol winner or maybe she was a runner up.
Speaker 2: No, I'm definitely.
Speaker 3: I definitely have vivid I have like a very vivid memory recall, like I can really see like where I'm at, like I can smell everything. I can engage all my senses with memory pretty well.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean like I definitely I don't know if it's empathy, but like it is that is something I if I'm seeing or reading about pretty vivid suffering.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't necessarily mean like it throws me, but I think it's I think it's more empathy than anything. I think more the visual kind of sensory sort of memory stuff.
Speaker 2: I think more speaks to me than anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it is funny, like I feel like all the time we are, you know, like just learning.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I'm a visual learner.
Speaker 3: Like even those different yeah, yeah, that we have all these different ways that again like yeah, I can't imagine maybe like fifty years, they have been more detailed to be like you.
Speaker 2: Are X Y and Z. Like Brian in the chat just said, what the fuck? Brian?
Speaker 1: Did you say you were tactile auditory synesthetic? And I didn't know until a couple of years ago. I assumed everyone could feel sound.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? You could feel sound like the bass is hidden in your accord?
Speaker 4: So I get physical sensations throughout my body that are repeatable depending on like what I'm listening to, which I just assume was normal.
Speaker 2: And I would talk to people about it and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, totally right, like because it the way we talk about music. And I do wonder how much of it is like language created by somebody who has your ability, like has your type of brain, and then we all just assume, oh, they're just being like descriptive and using poetic license, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling the music too.
Speaker 3: I definitely have the I think the only time I get sensation is because certain songs are tied to such a strong memory, Like I just have this one song I would play before job interviews to fucking get like to get my mind like in the zone, okay, because like the economy was bad, so you had to treat these job interviews like fucking the super Bowl. When I hear that stuff, like, I get like in a like this sort of like a like a drenal response.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I think again that might be more tied to man.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the adrenal response, like they found because this does all seem like mushing. You're like, oh, you don't see images, but like they when they study the people who like don't see images, they when you tell them a scary story or they read a scary story, like they have no physical response, like when they're like hooked up to systems and stuff, like that, whereas like the hyper fantagic people have like very strong physical response and the rest of us, like, you know, you experience fear, and like they're just like unable to do that. But then they're the same if you like show them a scary movie because the energies are like there in front of them. So yeah, I just and it is interesting, Like I think a lot of people are like, oh, this younger generation is like, you know, over diagnosed, and they're obsessed with like diagnosing themselves and they're different ways of processing the world. But I think it it is like I don't know, we I feel like we're just discovering how many like different ways there are to experience the world, and like past generations were just like yeah, I don't know, man, whatever, And it is like really fucking interesting.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh shit.
Speaker 3: Dude, when we were kids, there were four kinds of people nice, mean, smart or dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was it.
Speaker 1: Like I remember when they invaulted introvert extrovert.
Speaker 2: I was like, yo, no, a new type of person just dropped.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's me, whereas before it's like you are nice and dumb. Yeah, It's like great, Miles is mean and smart, like okay.
Speaker 1: But I am interested in hearing from people, especially if like you are becoming aware of like the fact that you're like somewhere on the spectrum or you have like something like that wave of experiencing the world. Because yet like a lot of the shit, like a lot of the people that they you know, interview who are a fantagic, like found out about it through like reading some random shit and just hearing someone describe actually how their brain works in their like thirties or forties, and they're like, oh wait, what all right?
Speaker 2: Because when I was a kid, there are only four kinds of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my underrated miles is how hard museum heists are. There's a new heist just drop every weekend at the Louver, and this one kind of seems like this one stands out because it's I think a little bit more sophisticated. Like they drove up with a truck that had a ladder and they were wearing masks from the beginning. Also that's huge that that is actually a higher bar than most art heists reach. But came up with masks, broke into the second floor window, the alarms going off, and nobody really did ship. They stole the jewels, like some famous jewels that I Napoleonic jewels, Napoleonic jewels, and I and.
Speaker 3: I went to sleep when I read that. Oh god, no jewels. Oh God.
Speaker 1: But we'll get into the details of that heist in a little bit. But I just I always think it's worth bringing up because movies, there's like the art heist genre of you know, Thomas Crown Affair and shit like that, and they treat robbing a museum like it's a classier and like more difficult and sophisticated version of bank robberies, where you have to, like you learn a choreographed dance to like get through a field of lasers and shit like that, and you gotta wear tight spandex while you gotta wear tight span. You gotta be up on the latest technology you've got it, yeah, which is always Spandex. You've got to have that Kim kardash and faith brawn so your saggy ass face doesn't hit one of the trip wires exact exactly. But in reality, like museum staff are usually unarmed, some of the biggest art heist in history are usually like somewhere between shoplifting and like a bully, like stealing someone's lunch money. It's they just like walk in and take the ship. And there's not anybody who like the most successful art heist in history. And like since I wrote about this back at Cracked, there there's been a documentary about it, but it's it happened in Boston. It's never been solved. And like the documentary was like, we don't know, like how these people must have been geniuses, but it like truly could have been planned by a five year old.
Speaker 2: It's right.
Speaker 1: They they wore police uniforms and had fake badges to get into the museum, so just like you know, Halloween costumes. They had to subdue a grand total of two security guards, who were both twenty something musicians, from one of whom admitted to showing up for work stoned.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, don't worry about them. They're not putting up a fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, it's it is a it's treated as and it's in like the pay of you know, like being a doorman or something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like it's just like.
Speaker 3: You're not you're not being paid to be some kind of like a security specialist. You're exactly you're you're merely a body, Yeah, to dissuade someone from you know, breaking the social contract in that uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, most famous, most successful artists ever that's ever been solved. The thieves accidentally tripped an alarm that they hadn't prepared to you know, like dance through or like body Zada Jones U wiggle through. The alarm sent a signal out to another part of the museum. It's like a it's like a baby monitor. It's just like hell. Yeah, the like the Mona Lisa. We've we've talked before about how the Mona Lisa is mostly famous because a similar thing had like a French guy stole it. And he did that by being like you know, working at the museum and then like hiding it in his smock. He just took it off the wall and like put it like again, like just like stealing a fucking candy bar from raid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The planning is just it goes like this, well, how are we gonna get it? I gonna put it in my jacket? All right? Cool?
Speaker 1: Cool, Like you don't even you don't even need like other people involved.
Speaker 2: You're just like what if I got a bigger jacket? Oh, shit. Yeah, okay, let's all right, let's go get her.
Speaker 1: Another guy like one of the most successful art thieves of all all time, not a Thomas Crown level genius. He uh just you know, had a long career of taking art off the wall and hiding it in his coat, just like straight up swiping it off the wall. One point four billion dollars over the course of his career. And yeah, like that, I just doing research. It was like they the thieves usually don't know what they're stealing. They just like steal it and then wait to read in the newspaper what they saw and like what the value is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like fencing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one again, this one sounds like it was a little bit more sophisticated, but I don't like the details will emerge, but I don't think it probably needed to be. Like the one security intervention that we've read about from the theft was that like they tried to light their car on fire and somebody worked at the museum like put it out, Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, stop that all right, all right, Hey, we're taking off on our bike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they rode away on motorcycles, which is cool. Yeah, this is more of a jewel theft, which might be a higher level. I haven't done a ton of research into that, but just generally museums are staffed by the same people who like, there's not a hidden security force is like armed to the hilt in the other room. It's the people who are like, hey, stand back, you're standing your toes on the line, right, you know, like that's who, that's who's no flash photography?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, well you just stop the job. You just said no flash photography. Are you going to enforce that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And when they say flash, no flash photography, I've never witnessed them like open their coat and have like.
Speaker 2: That thing on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a fucking MP five. They're like, watch out, baby.
Speaker 1: My overrated is this new is basically candy cigarettes but for nitrous We so we, uh had a school camping trip this weekend. I'm not usual this outdoors outdoorsy, but yeah, did tide pools last week and then uh, my kids school does a camping trip every every year.
Speaker 2: This is our fifth one.
Speaker 1: The entire school up through like sixth grade, you know, goes to this one campgrounds and then the kids just like run wild like it's an animal habitat for feral children.
Speaker 2: Oh like looking like Nell the Jody Foster movie.
Speaker 1: It's just you're just hearing shit, Like as you're going to sleep, you're just hearing uh peatch, just children like getting into fights and just fucking going going nuts.
Speaker 2: Tain Mischief Ape.
Speaker 1: Six seven was was a lot of uh, it was a lot of what I was hearing. But one of the sort of icons of this camping event every year is there's a the camp store at the bottom of the hill, which is known amongst the kids as the candy Shop because they keep that shit stocked with the latest innovations in like dumb Wonka re you know. It's like yeah, yeah, where we the people are doing. People are putting the the research, the R and R into candy these days in a way that I wasn't aware of, but obviously, like kids are up on it. And so two years ago, like the big hit was toilet candy, which is a toilet bowl with like two lollipops on either side, and then in the toilet bowl is like the dipping you know, the sour sugar candy.
Speaker 2: You know, oh got it, got it?
Speaker 1: Like okay, you have the lollipop and then you dip it into the fund. Yeah, but presumably you know, brilliantly exploiting the skibbity ohio of it all at a time, right as that's cresting, uh this year, the the hit candy that everybody's running around with is a little canister where you're basically like spraying a stream of sour candy juice in your mouth, which I don't know, I don't have a lot of experience. It's called quick blast sour candy spray.
Speaker 2: Because what it's called.
Speaker 3: That doesn't even sound fun quick last hour candy spray?
Speaker 2: What the fuck you? What the fuck is this? Yeah? And it's it occur.
Speaker 1: You know, we've talked on here about the rise of galaxy gash, like the popular drug with kids, and I'm just like, oh, this is just candy cigarettes for nitrius. Like kids are just walking around like firing jet streams of compressed candy gas into their mouths.
Speaker 3: Yeah, putting your mouth on a nozzle into a consumption context is always bad news.
Speaker 2: When it's like, what do you drink a wind deex? What are you getting a fucking nawse? What is this? Wow? Yeah, that's actually really frightening to me.
Speaker 1: But now I really yeah, I really want some actual journalists out there to like foya whoever makes this candy, because there's no way that they didn't at least see mad Max Fury Road and be like, hey, wait a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have an idea here.
Speaker 3: When our kids looking like the dude strapped to the front of that fucking eighteen wheeler playing guitar.
Speaker 2: That looks fucking sick.
Speaker 1: I mean it looks like I do think like the fact that that is a like the popular drug that's exploding in popularity with like young people.
Speaker 2: I feel like it has to have come.
Speaker 1: Up in the the candy development meetings.
Speaker 3: Or they're probably yeah, I mean, I'm sure all of it. It's always about like the delivery mechanism, right, Like it would either be fun dip, which felt like innoson when it was like stick this chalky tab into a powder and lick it right, and then you had like push up push pops and things like this, and everything was like how do you just kind of tweak the thing.
Speaker 1: Chew was just chewing tobacco shred gum form. You know.
Speaker 3: This is what's interesting too, because I think about how like when I was in school, the thing we got really in trouble for was fucking round with pixie stick and chopping it up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude, I remember fifth snorting them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, snorting lines.
Speaker 3: I remember my friend because we were like, you know, we were watching pulp fiction and Ship. We knew about snorting, like we saw drug snortings scenes. Yeah, so we were like, oh, one, I remember for Halloween we were putting it out and we fucking chopped it up with a ruler obviously just being stupid, and tried a second and went and we were like, yeah, it was probably.
Speaker 1: A similar reaction to Uma Thurman and pulp fiction. Yeah, she sorts the wrong ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like using two hands, trying to dig it out your nostril or something and then you just go down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the sensation.
Speaker 3: And then there was Raven's Revenge that was like an escalation on powdered candy. So I wonder if there's always like whatever the drug thing, like what'sever sort of in the culture, even if they don't know, because like I was just reading about pixie sticks in two tooth and eleven, like a middle school district banned it because they were seeing kids like mimicking drug.
Speaker 1: Use with Yeah, Yeah, it's uh, what like is that like that floy of the candy marry? I want to see is that a part like a admitted strategy that they're using, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right? Right right?
Speaker 1: I feel like it has to be I feel like that it's too it's too cynical not to be true.
Speaker 2: Who's behind this? Yeah, who's behind this shit?
Speaker 1: Willie Wanka's out here giving people everlasting gobstoppers, so poor kids have candy always, and these motherfuckers are like, what if we can like mimic the drug that they're about to be hooked on when they turn into teenagers?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something, Miles that you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: H the comic Kazi retail worker.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's nothing like the kind of hookup you get at a store than from a person working retail who does not give a fuck, someone who has one foot out the door, someone who just got back from a job interview for a better job and is now just running the clock out. I had the great honor of intersecting with one of these people, these hero retail workers, over the weekend because her majesty took me out to get a birthday gift on over the weekend.
Speaker 2: So and I wanted some new cups. She's like, what do you want for you?
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, we lost everything fire, I would like some cups.
Speaker 1: I've been drinking with my hands for the psyear, like this just.
Speaker 3: Together, just slurping out of the sink or out of our drinking bucket.
Speaker 2: But we don't even have a dipper.
Speaker 3: But like I wanted to get like these like really cool like just like these coffee cups okay that were just like kind of like the I liked like the ceramics of it.
Speaker 2: So there's a store we went into.
Speaker 3: We get to the store, it's like fucking two, right, and the store is closed, and I'm like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: Like I know the store is open.
Speaker 3: We go next door and I'm like, are they do the people like leave for lunch. You're like, yeah, they should be back in like twenty minutes. We come back like forty minutes later, still nobody there. Yeah, And then I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: The fuck's going on?
Speaker 3: Then some guy pulls up behind He's like, Oh, what's up, guys. This is like a multinational company, Like this isn't something like BOUCHI right.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's up. He's like, oh, my bad, dude, my bad. Yes, I just had a meeting dog. It's supposed to be thirty minutes, just shit turned to two hours. He's talking to me like this, like very converon, and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: So like this guy rich like Karen's and you know what would be like getting more and more incensed and ready to talk about to their manager. You you saw an opportunity.
Speaker 2: I go, what's up, bro, I'll go I'll good dog, all good dog. He's like, dude, I'm so sorry. He's like, bro, I'll hook you up. Bro. Sorry about that, man, I shouldn't. How'd you guys play it like that? So I go all right?
Speaker 3: And then like the guy was clearly very like loose. So I'm just talking to him yeah, and I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Man, Like, how do you like work here?
Speaker 3: He's like, Bro, He's like low key, Bro, I hate this place, dog, But like I'm about.
Speaker 1: To leave, Brook, Are you are you fainting surprise at this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I go, oh, oh why why He's like, bro, just fucking like it's fine, like you know, but like I'm just just just so fucking boring dude, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean? Anyway, what do you want?
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, let me get like a couple of these mugs and a couple like two of those mugs. And he's like, for sure, dog, He's like, I'm gonna hook you up fat, and I go When he said hook you up fat, I'm like, first of all, this guy smokes weed, because that's like a weed dealer talk you have, fat, dog, I'll hook you a faty dog right now.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure he was also trying to communicate to you that he deals with maybe maybe.
Speaker 3: I mean like there was an understanding when it came in all fucking weird, and I was like, bro, no fucking problem, dog, I don't even give a shit like you do you? This fucking guy gave me fifty percent off and didn't even charge me for like other shit.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Like when I looked at the thing, he's like, bro, I'm just gonna like whatever, Dude, He's like, I usually I can give like twenty, I'll just give you fifties, like dude, and he goes, I'll give you fifty.
Speaker 2: I don't even give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, And I was like, yes, dog, thank you amazing, And I just think of like when I used to do that, when I worked at like the art like the Laser tag place.
Speaker 2: I used to give.
Speaker 3: Kids like tokens for the arcade machine, and I was like I was trying to hook them, Like I was like, I just don't give a fuck, And that was like my way to be like rebel.
Speaker 2: I'm like, y'all paying me minum. Wait, watch this, here's your fucking tokens. Do that have one with that?
Speaker 3: So again, I just love somebody who was just willing to give that discount, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 3: Amazing And I get to when you don't fear death anymore, like in terms of getting fired getting fired, that you are actually the most one of the most powerful beings in retail.
Speaker 2: This place sucks shit, do low key?
Speaker 3: Bro, I'm fucking I'm off this shit, And I'm like, where are you off to next?
Speaker 2: He's like, dude, there's this custom furniture place.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 3: He's like, the couches are so expensive, but if I saw like three in a fucking month, I'll make way more than I do fucking here. And I'm like sick. He's like, also, I might help start a restaurant. Then he'd like listen about like eight different plans, and I'm like, yeah, oh to be twenty four, I know, you know what I mean. I was like, all right, doggie, you do you thank you for my mugs?
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 1: You're like, you should definitely start that restaurant. Man.
Speaker 2: Look at this right there. Ooh, very beautiful mug. Yeah, very beautiful. Miles.
Speaker 1: You wanna kick us off with something he thinks underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? What did I put? Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah five.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a fine line with toilet paper and water pressure where you go from the perfect thickness or water pressure and easily into too thick of toilet paper or too strong of water pressure. Okay, And I think it's just something to think about. I was talking about this last week when I was in DC off mic because my mother in law has like, like the I don't even know if luxurious is the way to describe it. The thickest toilet paper I've ever fucking used, and it was freaking me.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was not worthy of it. It was so thick. It felt like bed sheets, Yeah, yeah, comforters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a down comfort, Like it's like, is there down in this. Okay, I didn't realize Downey changed their whole thing, but yeah, it was so.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like I it was jarring.
Speaker 3: And I'm so used to people have heard my toilet paper exploits over the supply of shitty toilet paper. Yeah, finally got through it. I upgraded to like one more ply, which is still like, you know, like I would call it journeyman toilet paper. Yeah, you know, replacement level toilet paper. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, like utility toilet paper. But this shit was like definitely like boomer approaching retirement thickness. And it was for whatever reason, I was like, this is actually bad. It's too thick, and I don't like it to that end.
Speaker 1: Also, and I'm not just complaining about my mother in law's house at all, and it's not about it and there's nothing to do with her because actually I took a shower at another friend's place in DC.
Speaker 2: The water pressure almost ripped my fucking skin off. Wow. And I love you love a strong I love a strong spray.
Speaker 1: That's something we all know about you. You love a strong spray. You know everybody knows why you you sit outside of the bathroom when I go pee and you compliment me on the strength of my.
Speaker 3: Cup with a cup to the door because I like it. I like to really accentuate the sound and the acoustics. But just like straight fire hose shit, you're like getting pushed. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would have like Civil Rights era flashbacks and ship.
Speaker 2: I thought a German shepherd was gonna bite me.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're in a like athletic stance and it's just pushing you back again. Your feet are just like squeaking blows up.
Speaker 2: On my feet, just sliding bass. But yeah, it was a fine line.
Speaker 1: But again, have a conversation with God, like Lieutenant Dan and the storm scene, and yeah, that is my promise you. I will make a Forest Gump preference every every day or even though I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Movie, this is our right, Yeah, like Superman references and Seinfeld, you always got to catch the Forest Gump preference in every episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We uh, we have some water pressure issues in our house where like the very inconsistent. Sometimes I'll be like, all right, I gotta hop of the shower real quick before we record, and uh, it's just like dribbling. It's it's an old man's weak stream coming out of the shower. It just like goes on and off. We've tried to work on it. There there's like a pressure gauge like outside of the house that you can like mess with a little bit. Uh so it's we we crank that up a little bit. Didn't really help that much with the water pressure on the second floor. But what it did do is like the hose on our sink, it was like too much for the hose on our sink, and it like broke before.
Speaker 2: H Let Jack know what has he got to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I've been told that you need to replace the pipes.
Speaker 2: Yeah your house. Yeah yeah, sure, sure, probably we do. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll just turn up the volume at the main water line.
Speaker 1: There's just ship breaking everywhere else. Yeah, all right, myles, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated? Okay?
Speaker 3: I think this is I don't think it's controversial, but I think I think poop is overrated.
Speaker 2: I think it's gross. A second here, hold on, let me finish. I think it's gross. I think you get sick if you play with it, and it's yucky. Okay, And this.
Speaker 3: Has nothing to do with anything happening at my home. In my first life, just my objective. Take that poop is yucky, it's bad.
Speaker 2: We don't touch it. It's not a toy.
Speaker 3: And if you need to take your diaper off, you ask mommy and Daddy to help you.
Speaker 2: You don't touch that, Okay. And that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: People have been saying the same overrated to me for a long time. Give me that exact same field, and I'm tired of it. I mean, Daddy will not have it.
Speaker 2: And you, bro, the guy.
Speaker 1: It's interesting the guys child is It's like he is, Yeah, he's stepping it up.
Speaker 3: There's an there's been escalation over the last three mornings where I wake up to some form of a dexter kill room.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what the fuck. He's like, I'm cleaning it up, and no, you are not, bro, And I gotta put a hazmad suit on now. And it's just so fucking like. I'm like, we don't play with it. We don't play any we don't play with it. That's right.
Speaker 3: And if I if I feel I say, yeah, I mommy Daddy.
Speaker 1: When it comes to playing with poop us, we roll our sleeves up in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I'm just it's just a very.
Speaker 3: Interesting time in my home where I'm like I just please don't I don't I look zeit gang uh any any whatever, whatever your tips are, to try and connect the dots for a child that equal matter is not the new play though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I'm on my ears. I'm wielding a lot of power.
Speaker 1: I will say, like children, there's those studies of children where they you know, they look at how children behave and they'll like drop a thing just to see their parents have to pick it up. You know, just be like, yeah, I guess his boss and yeah, you know, nothing is more powerful, Like yeah.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, man, fix this light socket, homie luck cleaning that out?
Speaker 2: Fix this light socket that I just shitted? Oh no dog? Why why Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like he's got my ass, bro, Yeah he's gotten as I don't know.
Speaker 2: The power available to us all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coming to a white house or you what is something prop you think is under its?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: I just think it's underrated, like like just not knowing new like jen alpha slang. That's fine, dude, Like you know what I'm saying, like, let them have a thing I find.
Speaker 2: You know what I did?
Speaker 3: You witness somebody, uh speaking outside of their age bracket.
Speaker 6: Yes, I witnessed somebody speaking out of side of the age bracket and it was okay, other fathers in the building. You will be there very soon, Miles. And the pick up lines, right, the after school pickup line is the oh my god, it is the waffle house of dad ship where you just got off. You just you can't like you have to learn how you got to keep to yourself. Jack, please attest to this, like you have to be very selective as to who you'll start a converse station with because it it can go horribly right, it will go in weird direction, it could go in awful directions and it and it's like it's lose lose because let's just say you meet a dude and you're like, that's actually a cool last dude, But then our kids don't get along fuck right.
Speaker 2: But then the kid that.
Speaker 6: Your child likes got a weirdo ass dad, and now you're like ship, Like it's just like it's I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna drop you off. It's like I'll drop you off, you know what I'm saying. So it's just like it's just so much give a little honk, Yes, don't let.
Speaker 6: Them figure out how do hip hop or that I got a podcast or you like, because they're looking for somebody.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're both looking for somebody. That's kind of you're a rapper and podcast.
Speaker 3: If you were a stand up comedian also, it would be cooked all back, Jason, I do a little wrapping myself.
Speaker 2: It's all you play the shook Ones instrumental. Yeah. Yeah. Now, luckily a few times I've scored.
Speaker 6: So the dude that runs the record label that put out Andre's flute record. Yeah, yeah, so they family goes to my kids school. So like I've lucked out a few times like that dude, That dude's dope. You know what I'm saying, like like just all this like comperimental. Yeah, I was like, okay, he's dope. Right, So I've scored every once in a while. But sometimes you just run into the dude that sees me and thinks I want to hear him try out his new slang.
Speaker 1: Right, And I'm like seven right, what?
Speaker 6: And I have to look at Homie and be like, look, man, just keep whipping in the naan, like just stay where you are, just stay you're going, Homie, Like if you feel me like find something timeless, like whatever you know, like whatever the verbal version of like just a pair of clean dickies and a white tea is some chucks, bro, Like just stay classic.
Speaker 2: You feel me like, you can't lose if you just stay classic. It's okay. You don't know what six seven is? Yeah, it's fine. That's their thing. Let them have a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, So I just told it doesn't mean anything, so it's fine for me to use it in all contexts.
Speaker 2: Actually, and you know what, you might be right.
Speaker 1: And that's actually cool and that makes me cool, just that fly.
Speaker 2: Out And here's the thing, because I have it, you might be right. You know why? You know why you might be right?
Speaker 1: Or why?
Speaker 7: I don't know because I don't know. And it's okay that I don't know. And guess what, these kids don't know what the fuck we're talking about. They don't know what the hell were talking about. They don't want to know.
Speaker 6: When they hear a song that like, actually that song came from Let them have a song, man, you want to hear the sample.
Speaker 2: You want to hear the sample.
Speaker 6: No, let them have a song, Like I almost showed my daughter the Luther Vandro song as she was singing along to Sissy and Kendrick, and I caught myself and was like, why are you doing this?
Speaker 2: You know what happens? Yeah, exactly let her have it. You know who is not like, what is something you think is over?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That would be Superman. No.
Speaker 6: Now she asked me why is it called Luther? Then I would tell her, but like she's not asking the red questions. I mean, but you're the cool dad.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's kind of the formative process, is you have somebody, even though they are not into it, they're gonna be like, you know, actually I did appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Actually now my oldest But she found it on her own. So the thing was I just exposed her to it.
Speaker 2: I didn't like make her. It was just you would come in the house.
Speaker 6: I'm playing in the house, I'm walking around, I'm doing this is what we're playing. There's records that those are the records right there. I'm pulling from there and just let it be a part of her ethos. And now she's like, yeah, now she's you see the crates behind me, She's like digging through them crates.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 1: What is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 9: This is so embarrassing. H I'm a big Cardi B fan. I have tickets to her first show back after giving birth in February, so we'll see how that goes. I like the new album a lot. I think it's great. I didn't love it the first listen through, but the second listen I was like, this is amazing, still very good. Anyway, I've been watching a lot of Cardi B interviews and she was on one interview with Angie Martinez and I was just looking at her watch and I was like, damn, that's a nice watch. And I was like trying to zoom in and I couldn't find you know, like, what is this watch?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 9: So I was really into the watch. It was like big, chunky and white, and I realized, yes, I finally found it, and it is a two point five million dollar watch that some boys, some guys name it's whatever.
Speaker 2: So then Richard Richard.
Speaker 9: Million dollar watch. Now, of course, this takes my love of her down because I'm like, nobody needs a two and a half million dollar watch, you know, blah blah blah. I'm you know, but I didn't did search chunky white watch and realized that, you know, for the rubes out there who just want to watch that looks like a nice.
Speaker 1: Watch's just pointing to a chunky white watch on her own wrist.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of dupes out there here, so I'm a total dupe and I like. I like it. It's it's white, it's light, and it's guess.
Speaker 2: Let me see that. Let me see that. Bring that close.
Speaker 10: To bring that close to grandmother's eyes so I can look.
Speaker 9: Again if you can't focus on it. But it's like I got.
Speaker 2: The clear watch. It's guest.
Speaker 1: Branch's not asking you to guess yet, let me bring it close.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Richard mill, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was a joke.
Speaker 1: If anybody laughed at that joke, that was a joke from the Brady Bunch movie that I just stole.
Speaker 11: There so wow, where she jeans are those and she says guess and she goes, okay, Lee LEVI ye, No it is.
Speaker 2: I haven't bought.
Speaker 9: Something from guests, I think since I was like seventeen, So this is very like. I like the watch. It's fine, it's cute. It is definitely a like I saw Cardi b on an interview, and I don't have two and a half million dollars.
Speaker 3: Funny, I didn't never clogged Cardi B to be one of your style icons, because you don't dress like Cardi B at all your.
Speaker 9: Energy on the I need some ribs removed first and putting I don't know where some I guess inner thigh weight into my ass.
Speaker 2: The point is, you know the ribs in your ass? Knock on thing.
Speaker 9: No, not my satellite on.
Speaker 2: But I was needing a.
Speaker 9: New watch, and I just you know, so I was like chunky watch, and I feel like Google or Duck Duck go, which I use knew that I was looking for a very dupe.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't go.
Speaker 3: I mean you can find Chonky so many people do. You could have found one that is pretty much like a just a direct ripoff of that. Oh yeah, if you really wanted to have that, you know what I mean, I could, I know.
Speaker 9: All, but that would have been like what like five hundred thousand or something like pople You get.
Speaker 10: That shit on the gate for like fucking like eighty bucks.
Speaker 9: Okay, anyway, the right I don't know what the Google's da gate.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is where the Chinese websites where you get all the counterfeit merchandise.
Speaker 1: I feel like the world of reps has been under publicized because it is really like the very foundation of capitalism wobbles under its weight under replicas. The most expensive pair of shoes, like the My wife, for I think our anniversary, bought me these shoes that were like my grail sneakers, the Union, Guaba Ice, Jordan Force, and I was wearing them. Miles was there, he can attest to this in Las Vegas and a teenager walked up to me and goes and goes nice reps.
Speaker 8: No, laughed.
Speaker 1: So not only not only like can you fool people by getting the reps, but if you are stupid enough to spend the money on the nice thing that you covet, yeah, people are gonna think they're reps anyways, might as well just get the fucking reps.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: So he wasn't like he just clocked you with someone who didn't wasn't able to get the rep. It was able to get the original.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was just trying to because reps are so pervasive and they look some of them are so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there was a sneaker convention in town. So he was like, but like the fact that there's a sneaker convention in town at the time means that he was like he was really saying fuck you, because he was like, look at this rube who just bought some reps, like at the sneaker.
Speaker 2: Convey Did you chase him out? Like no, not, they're actually real.
Speaker 3: I mean, like to your point, it's really interesting. Just like his as somebody who loves sneakers but hates paying just like insane amounts of money. I'm like, yeah, I'll buy fakes because I'm not about to pay fucking five hundred dollars for parisoningger.
Speaker 2: I'll pay it a hundred from somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like it it's it's it's broken the brains of like hype beast brand focused people who are like the whole point is like you don't want to like why spend for the cheap thing, like you want to spend like the twelve hundred dollars on the other thing, Like that's the whole.
Speaker 2: Point of it.
Speaker 10: And you're like, it actually isn't.
Speaker 3: And look how pressed you are because somebody just showed up with the thing that looks like the thing that costs two thousand dollars or whatever.
Speaker 9: It's it's I mean, I'm not into Like when I did go to China, they did take us like part of the tour when I visit. I can't remember if I was outside of Beijing. They took us to a place that was like, you know, number one, First of all, you ever tried to like not buy something, you know, like just a place that's like nothing but dupes and reps and like whatever, like fakes, knock off shit. It's impossible. You cannot make eye contact with any vendors because they'll be like, buy my glasses, please, saw you looking?
Speaker 8: I saw you looking, and you're like, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 9: But I will say like I'm not someone who's ever been into brands. I don't. I really don't care. Like I understand occasionally occasionally be like oh, like the logo whatever whatever, but it really is about like, oh, the style is nice. It's a nice style.
Speaker 1: It's a well the way it looks anyway, I just put it in the chat.
Speaker 2: Look at that dupe that's thirteen bucks off the gate.
Speaker 9: Shut up, yes, this looks exactly like what I have there.
Speaker 3: You go, you know what I mean, yeah, save your coins, save your coins, quest for the Revolution?
Speaker 2: What is what something you think is underrated? Underrated? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I can answer that question.
Speaker 2: So underrated? All right, you sound like a guilty guy being questioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you Saturday night around two am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can answer that question.
Speaker 8: Asked midnight, sure, two hours to two am in the morning. In the morning, then I was at so underrated.
Speaker 12: I have sleep masks, but with the eyes indented, if that makes sense. So you can get a sleep mask that doesn't cons your eyes. So it's there's like I.
Speaker 10: Who hold, there's a concave, so there's cavity.
Speaker 1: It pops a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, macavity, macavity.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what we said.
Speaker 12: We said, he sure, no, No, you can get the rum Tum Tugger brand of eyeglasses. Why are you guys talking about cats constantly?
Speaker 2: Your ago?
Speaker 8: That happened so long?
Speaker 2: They took out the butts? Okay, the butthole cut. We won't stop. We won't stop.
Speaker 1: I will not stop until they released the butthole cut in theaters.
Speaker 10: Jack didn't Jack doesn't even know me. I'd even vote in the election.
Speaker 1: Rating only the only thing keeping I actually think the country is on a great course, except they didn't release the butthole cut you.
Speaker 8: Like the masks, Yeah, I mean I get Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once you have one that actually like doesn't press against your eyelashes and stuff, it makes it a lot easier because I used to look, I got luscious eyelashes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so does Jack too. And then I think also Jack, I don't know if.
Speaker 1: You eye luscious.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: The.
Speaker 3: Little discomfort yeah right anyway, yeah, so great are you doing?
Speaker 1: And is that why you need the concavity over the eyes or is it something about like the feeling of having your eyes pushed back into your ship.
Speaker 8: It's the thing about my eyes big push back.
Speaker 2: Into my ship.
Speaker 11: Yeah, pushed it, yeah, my whole eyes ship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's definitely that.
Speaker 12: Because your eyes are more or firmer than the lash, like the lashes. If you're doing it with with care, you can push down a lash, you know, like and be relatively comfortable. But yeah, no, it's not having the eye it's like you're not wearing it at all. Essentially, where if you have a cheap piece of ship eyemask that pushes in your ship, your eyes, ship in your eyes ship, I remember the luck.
Speaker 10: A lot of people don't realize in training, that's what those gangsters were talking about when they're talking to Ethan Hawk's characters.
Speaker 1: Pushed it to push gently on his eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you ever notice people when they laugh really hard will push on.
Speaker 2: Their ars like that?
Speaker 8: Mm hm oh some people.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a new trend. I'm noticing.
Speaker 2: I make a lot of people laugh really hard. So that's that's.
Speaker 1: The thing that I've just I'm on the cutting edge of people's reactions when they like.
Speaker 3: You're spitting like shards of apple into their faces and you speak and like, yeah, wait, what's your theory there?
Speaker 10: Like they're trying to keep their eyeballs from popping out, so they got to keep their ship.
Speaker 1: I just I've seen multiple comedians, like on podcasts do it where like somebody says something really funny early that young Matt Appadaka does it.
Speaker 2: It's a trend. It's a trend with uh people. I've noticed.
Speaker 1: We got to get his ass back here and take him to task on this pushing his whole ship, and I think, what's your.
Speaker 2: Eyes about to pop out? Like that?
Speaker 10: One lady in the nineties who had a whole career for making her eyes pop out on TV?
Speaker 1: How do you think she found out she had that skill?
Speaker 3: I should have been laughing like the whole time. I'm glad I didn't because I wouldn't have this mansion. LMO laughed, my eyes off, laugh, my eyes out, my eyes out. You're making me laugh my eyes out.
Speaker 2: Laugh my fucking eyes out. The are you?
Speaker 1: You're a sleep mask guy? Because I'm working on a loose theory, Blake. There's a recent study that said that night lights cause people to be at a higher risk of heart failure and heart disease, heart attack, all the bad all the bad ones, all the heart stuff. And I'm wondering. I was wondering because I also have a I've heard anecdotally from people and this apparently isn't backed up by science, but that like mental institutions are a lot more busy, have a lot more incoming on nights with full moons, and I'm wondering, like if it's just the subtle sleep disruption of having some light in the room from the full moon or sleep interesting.
Speaker 12: I so we have blackout curtains, as as I've told you multiple time, as I've said on our on top.
Speaker 10: Of a hat, isn't it You got blackout curtains and you need the imass.
Speaker 12: I'll use the imass when I travel, and which I should have, which I should have disclosed earlier, and I apologized, but it is.
Speaker 8: It does help when you travel.
Speaker 1: Sleep mask with I indented for travel, can.
Speaker 12: Get Yeah, I'm sorry to give you more work justin when you get a chance, can you actually edit what I just clean?
Speaker 8: Let's get clean.
Speaker 2: People are gonna want that clean.
Speaker 12: I think I masks scooped out eyes for travel and also.
Speaker 1: So gross, get stoop out, Let me get out scooped outs, scoop toasted.
Speaker 12: Can I toasted eye masks scooped out? Well, here's here's an I wonder also where if it is darker in your room and you can't see anything, there's probably dangerous there too. Where We were staying one night at my in laws and I walked at a speed that would suggest that I had no worries in the world, directly into the corner of a wall and had like didn't put my hands up, like didn't slow down, and had a big out that in my head he was.
Speaker 2: Walking with purpose. Face burst the.
Speaker 12: Wall as if I had, Like I was in the airport and had time to make my flight, so I didn't have to run, but.
Speaker 8: Like was I got to walk at a brisk pace?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Se, Yeah, there's dangers everywhere.
Speaker 5: All right, And that's going to do it for this edition of Oops. All overrated, underrated, and we'll be back Monday to find out all the baffling and horrible things that happened over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Bye the Daily Zeite guys as Executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by bay Way.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright
Speaker 5: Co written by j M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries.