Speaker 1: Good to go. Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I'm your host, Will Compton. It is literally not even ah, what time is it like two thirty, It's not We're not even twenty four hours. We're not even a full day removed from the case. Race just got in. Fortunately, we already did the interview segment with Taylor, or we already did the segment with Taylor, So we've got some I've gotten some talking out of the way. But it's been brutal, boys. I've finally got a sandwich in my stomach. If you're watching right now, I apparently the boys can still see like some eyeliner on my eyes from uh the sting the paint. But I was I was fucking warped last night, boys, And it was one of those nights, like I'll telling you earlier before we got on, but it was one of those nights where I feel I got en count on my hand where you drink so much and you like don't remember a lot of the night before.
Speaker 2: And that's how it was. That's how it was, That's how it's been for me.
Speaker 1: You're talking about pants being down, I'm like, fuck, I did take my pants off. But I don't remember why. I don't remember Shane and Stephen Chya almost uh Chay, Stephen Chay. I don't want to mispronounce my guy's name. Uh, we're Legit seemed like about the fight. I'm just sitting there, like how deleting popcorn in the background, Like I don't even remember the fight thing Like then, I just wake up at like five point thirty in the morning, windows like the curtains roping, I'm fully clothed and everything else. I thought I missed my flight, and shit, I see it's five thirty and I thank god, face still painted, fully painted. Oh, it was a grinder. It was a great time though, Like that was It's a good group of dudes. It gets just ten dudes locked in a room drinking beer and being dudes.
Speaker 2: Dudes are rough housing. They got the slap wheel. Did anybody do this slap wheel?
Speaker 3: It's going rearing right now.
Speaker 4: We haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember. I think I might remember one time he like telling him, like, yeah, go ahead, slap me, But I don't know if that's true. I don't know if I'm making that up in my head right now. It was a good time, though, hangover fucking sucks, dude. It was a good time though, can't believe my pants were off for it seemed like half of it. I'm just sitting there, and you know it was a maybe not the best moment, maybe not the best, maybe not the best showing for the little guy below the belt, you know what I mean. Oh, you know, I have your good days and bad days, and I would say last night, if we checked the tape, it felt like it was more of a bad day. Big Cat text me this morning and Goes just talked about how small my cock was or something like that, how small my penis was.
Speaker 5: Hey, the office, the office is cold.
Speaker 2: Though office is cold.
Speaker 1: And I will say, like my guy, my little boy, he gets shy at times. Like he was shy. He was meeting new people. He was out and about. I was trying to like force force feed him. I'm trying to force them to get out of get out of the box and breathe a little bit. And he's around new people. He was a little shy yesterday. Yeah, he was on camera too, Like they say, you lose ten pounds. Oh, is he like a Chevy or no, he performs like a Chevy offendable, durable, advanced, just like a yeah, just like the oh yeah, yeah you sent me up. I feel I was gonna say I'm off my game right now, but I feel like I wouldn't have even caught that anyway.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yes, this episode is brought to you by the most reliable vehicle on the road today, the Chevy Silverado, strong, independable, just like the people who drive them, just like the people who are sitting in their box and briefs thatt it case race My Chevy is uh. I need to take a breath right now, it's starting out. I'm starting to feel like Josh Allen on the episode to Joshups.
Speaker 2: Where we had to take a break.
Speaker 1: The Chevy is modernate, advance with a ton of grit. That is what I am being right now. I'm being pretty oh you gotta beleep that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're powering through a partner and getting things done, especially when it comes to the heart and soul of the pickup truck, the bed guys that can't talk about the Chevy enough, and as we know, like Jack, the episode with rich Iron isn't gonna work out as soon as we thought it the ed it would it seems like it's gonna be a year.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's gonna be next year.
Speaker 1: So Jack is going to have to work like a reliable, dependable vehicle such as the Chevy Soverado in tweeting every day until rich Icon comes on. When rich does come on, Jack is gonna earn himself a Chevy Silverado. So that is our presenting sponsor. We love Chevy, don't we, guys. They're the best, Yes, sir, yes, sir, strong, advanced, dependable, hard working, just like you, guys, go to a Chevy dealership near you, let him know that the boys sent you. They might throw they might throw you in a like a little gift bage or something like that, like a little toy that you get from Burger King, Like you know when you're young and you went to Burger King and you get like the Pokemon toys. So come on, now, the gold plates inside the the gold plates in inside the poke ball. I'd be taking some shout out, oh ooh, that would be a good one. That would be a really good one. But yeah, dude, it's uh, it's it's a tough day to day. It really is.
Speaker 2: Almost threw up on the plane.
Speaker 1: I was getting really nervous about that because where are you doing it at? Go in that little bathroom. Like I'm the type of guy if I puke, even if it's even if I'm working out, I can't just bend over and puke like I'm getting on my hands and knees. So there's no way that I'm getting I'm gonna be able to get on my hands and knees in a h in a in a plane's bathroom, so it'd have been a bit of a deal.
Speaker 2: But I'm definitely struggling.
Speaker 1: But the case race shout out to the Yak Boys, dude, one of my favorite groups of people. They're a fucking good time. The vibes were ultimate, the vibes were high, the vibes were a little shaky two at times, but I'm glad we all kept everything and everyone together. But you can check out the case races on YouTube. Go to uh It's on the Does Barceol Yak have a YouTube?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 1: I think the Yak has a YouTube channel. Oh yeah, that's right, because they always based on They're always tking about how much their screvers are growing. They just keep showing my uh, just keep showing the old flesh light down there. But yeah, go subscribe to their channel. You can go check it out. It's the case Race too. Nick is touching it. Oh my god, Nick's touching Wait go back. Did Nick take his face paint off?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he went after the race and washed him it off.
Speaker 1: Huh that's will It's it's oh yeah, it is over because he didn't put up our twenty four.
Speaker 2: But I mean, hey, the boys showed out.
Speaker 1: I will say that, Like we were going TOAs with Ronan Shane, I thought Sas and Big Cat would be up there more like they got it looks like fourth place. I don't really know how they finished, because it seems like it might be over now at this point. We're watching it right now, as I was gonna say, we're watching it now.
Speaker 2: But I was surprised that at the finish.
Speaker 1: I thought it'd be a lot closer with Big Cat, with Big Cat and SaaS to stay one last time. And I tweeted this too. I know I made the old man proud because I've never done a case race. I kind of held that close to the vest. I didn't let people know about it because I didn't know how i'd do. All I know is this. I know I can house food, and I know I can house liquid, whether it's alcohol, kool aid, or water, and so I knew that, you know I can.
Speaker 2: I can store some beer.
Speaker 1: I just don't know how much because I've never actually gone to the links of like a case race er. I don't even know if I've ever put down like double digit beers like that unless it's like you're unless you're day drinking all day long, because usually I like mixed stuff up or I feel like the only times I would do it is like you're day drinking. But when you're day drinking, there's always like jungle juice or something being made too. So I was fired up. I know the old man's proud, and that's all that matters. What do we got tier talk rom comms. We talked about that a shout out, no free shout out. We're gonna talk about Greg Golson a little bit right now. Greg Golsen was the one on the podcast. It was an awesome podcast. He's one of the best speakers I think that we've had, Like on Busting with the Boys. The dude can tell a story. You buy him when he when he's telling the story. He was at tight End You. This is one of one of our three interviews from Tighten You tight End University. Shout out the boys for allowing us to come into the team hotel, get a room take shout up Pete Raskin for allowing us to use his room for our studio for this interview.
Speaker 2: But it was really good man. We squashed beef.
Speaker 1: We talked about when Greg Olsen really disrespected me on the field in front of all of our colleagues after I broke up a pass and webbed him and then he said like, what are you the fucking four string?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we had to talk about that.
Speaker 1: We relive that, which is fun, and then we talk about the shot he took me as well on the Dave Portnoy Show where he says, you can't like have a podcast n be a decent ball player. How true it is. It's up for debate. Are we talking? Are we talking playoff? Willie? Are we talking thirteen through seventeen? We talk in PBu, Willie. You know what I'm saying, like, Yeah, it's debatable. If I'm on the sideline the whole time. You know, coaches are tripping. Yeah, we all know what happens when you put me out there on the field. Check the tape back in Oakland a couple of years ago, Go, well, what do I send Canadian? But no, it's a really good interview. You guys will like it. If you're watching right now, please subscribe. Take a minute, subscribe to the boys. Let's jump into our favorite segment, our shoutout no Free Shoutouts segment of the week. We'll hit that.
Speaker 2: Taylor will jump on the pod and we will.
Speaker 1: Do our Tier Talk, which we did our tear talk this week on rom Coms, and we took the Tier Talk from three to five because we felt like rom Coms were way too hard to just put it down on three, because you guys fire shots at us for real, Like we leave something off that we might mention on the pod, but you see it just on a list on the internet. We're built for that life. But you guys also take some big shots. So we want to do five this time to make sure we hit on all of it. I think the spectrum of movies, we all said, it's a good spectrum, especially when Taylor just comes in and fucking you guys will hear his Tier talk.
Speaker 2: But shout out No Free shoutouts start us off. JP.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my shout out, no free shoutout was inspired by something that's been going on the bus, like every now and then it happens. But if you've been watching on the YouTube, you'll see it, like a fly flying around in here.
Speaker 4: And so my shout out.
Speaker 8: No free shout out because everybody tries to swat the fly. Is when you actually do swat and kill the fly that's buzzing around. I feel like everybody gets hype when you do it. And so that's it's my shout, no free shot out. I can't wait till somebody on the bus gets that fly.
Speaker 2: I love you, dude, Jack, What do you got?
Speaker 7: Mine is a very very special experience, one that hits the brain with an extra amount of dopamine. So when usually you forget, mostly it's just I forget. You've ordered something online or you're getting something in the mail. Then you walk home after a long day, whether it's on the front porch or someone brought it in for you, just a nice little package waiting for you. There's something and it could just be something like routine, like you're ordering more toothpaste, like something you don't even care about, but for a quick second, you're like, oh shit, there could be something really good in there. So most of the time it sucks, but every now and again, man, it hits so hard.
Speaker 2: I got this hat in the middle of the day.
Speaker 7: That I completely forgot I got and because I got left out on the hats and their of the day, I came prepped.
Speaker 1: With my own. So I don't know if you can read it.
Speaker 7: But it doesn't even matter when you shout out, no free shout out to that package, that little hit a dope mean you get It's like the mail is here.
Speaker 1: Most of the packages usually suck, but I do feel you though, that little dopamine Russian when you see a package, a box, A box, yeah, a box.
Speaker 2: It's different and you're right like something.
Speaker 1: Usually it's like, oh yeah, I forgot that I ordered this or that second dude, and you're talking about that split second that just that little rush you're it. Oh my up, thank us on a journey, big dog. All right.
Speaker 9: My shout out know I for your shout out of the week is gonna be based off of this week, fourth of July. I hope everyone is having fun. I know I've been chilling for the last couple of days while you're listening to this because we're off. But my shout out is going to go to that fresh piece of watermelon on the fourth of July. I feel like it's the only time I ever eat watermelon. What's something about it on the fourth of July is just delicious?
Speaker 1: Do you get some cold, juicy watermelon just at on a hot summer day? Dude?
Speaker 2: I love how you whispering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's a good time. It's a good vibe. What's so funny back there? YadA? Ask you to to see, Oh, are you doming in on me or something?
Speaker 8: We work him again?
Speaker 1: But not Oh my, uh, those were good guys. You guys did a good job. I'm honestly not that prepared. My shout out, no free shot out, is just gonna go to uh sandwiches. And the reason why I feel that, though, and the reason why is I hadn't eaten all morning, and so I went by publics and got myself a sandwich. I don't feel like I did it, like I truly like I needed something. Like I'm sitting there with the worker and he's like asking what I want, and he's like helping me figure it out. He's like, you want provolom cheese. Ill. Yeah, that sounds good, dude, because.
Speaker 2: I just needed calories in me, like I was.
Speaker 1: I was hurting this morning for real, Like now like the sickness feelings gone away and now it's like all up in my headache.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just brutal. But uh yeah, but.
Speaker 1: My shout out, no free shout out goes to sandwiches. And I would be specific, like I would say my public sandwich I just got, but I feel like I haven't done public st uh giving it the service that it needs because I know you guys talk very highly of pub steps. Right.
Speaker 5: Wait, was this your first one?
Speaker 1: First one? I know, because there's part of me too that I wanted to call you guys and get you one, but I just I didn't want to go through the entire process.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to take you guys through, like just the thought process of it all.
Speaker 3: We can hear the hurt in your voice.
Speaker 1: But shout out sandwiches, man, dude, sandwiches are good too.
Speaker 4: Here he is coming back?
Speaker 2: Is this sorry our second ad read? Yes? All right, so we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna take a quick break on this episode and bring you guys. Revital Like shoutout Revitalite, no free shoutouts. I need you right now, Big Dog Advance rehydration solution designed to replenish vital fluids and minerals that you need after long days and nights of case racing. Powered by the same electrolyte formula found in the Baby Aisut, but with an improved taste and texture more appealing for adults. Revitalit is conveniently sold next to beer, wine and liquor, so you can shop like an adult and hydrate responsibly. Bar still black label the berry frost flavor. And by the way, Revitali did sponsor the barstool yet case race, so we can say stuff like that. Stephen Shay actually dressed up as the revital I bottle this one specifically drink half at night and the other half in the morning for optimal results. I will that is a real pro tip. I drink just half before the case race and didn't. I was you know, I don't know how much I can say in this ad read, but I didn't give my other half in the morning, which I felt like would have really helped me out, really helped me out. You know, when you drink that water like I'm drinking. I want well, I want to you know, finish the ad. Read first, make your Revitalate black label up today in stores or online at the Barstool store and tweet at us or tag at drink Revitalight in your morning after stories. Uh back to the episode, which is me still talking for a second. So this morning when I got up, I'm just I'm doing the ole. Just turn on the cold water, wait a few seconds, sit there and breathe for a second. Look at yourself in the mirror, see like the paint, the sting paint on and like wait for it to get as cold as possible because you're struggling and you don't have fluid around you. And then uh, just go sideways on the faucet, just chugging water, you know how, like you're so like hungover or dehydrated in waters just hitting your mouth and it just seems like it's just absorbing that shit, like if if like a drop were to fall in the asphalt and just get soaked up right away, Like nothing's really getting absorbed in your body. That's where I was at. It throws, that's a yeah, it's a shout out put them my notes for a shout out.
Speaker 2: With that cupping cup of water in the nights in oh.
Speaker 1: And I'll be damned if I didn't do it that night too, and I usually do it, but I'm like, I was intentionally thinking, like blast a shot out, was intentionally making me do it at night. It's fired me out, all right. So here's the tailor. Here's the segment with the boy Taylor. We get into some tear talk, We have a little fun. We apologize for the uh shaky service at times. It's tough. Man. My guy, he's out in Canada right now. He's fucking grinding through the adversities of technology with limited Wi Fi and everything else. But we're trying to figure it out because we love doing the two talk. We love the banter, and uh, you know, the boy wants to be involved. He wish he was on the bus. I wish he was on the bus. I missed the big dog. But uh, this is the segment and then we will jump into the Greg Olsen interview. We love you Wolf.
Speaker 10: Are we rolling or Noah, I were rolling?
Speaker 1: We got all right, here's the same way we got the boy, and we're doing two talk rom coms. Uh which what you were you about to say, Taylor, Well, I was goo to say because you were saying when we first started talking about like before we started recording, we started everyone's going through the.
Speaker 6: List, and you said that rom com might be the best genre of music or of movies. But honestly, it seems like the most selfish because a lot of these rom coms we're looking up aren't really rom coms.
Speaker 4: So Tom Robs, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Yeah, yeah, I feel you. I Like, I'm just when you look at all these lists, like I'm just all these feel good movies that has comedy and all that you lost us.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did, But go ahead, I touch you.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, like, seeing all these movies and they're like some of my top movies period. I'm just saying, like I think rom com genre, by the way these movies are falling under that category, is probably the best movie genre out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But like one thing we said also was like the traditional like cinematic movie line movie like how it goes is Guy wants girl, Guy almost gets girl, Guy messes up getting girl, guy finally gets girl. Like that's like the steady, like easiest storyline you can kind of go about and I feel like if you just follow that, it's like to your rom.
Speaker 1: Com Yeah yeah, I mean I just know what what what competes with that genre out there?
Speaker 4: No, it's not about competing. It is the best genre.
Speaker 6: But if you look at do these do these movies really belong in rom coms?
Speaker 4: Is what we got to ask ourselves because I got.
Speaker 6: A couple of here, I got a couple of isn't here that I would honestly argue it's like this is more of a comedy than it is a romantic comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe that's because we saw it in like high school, and all we did is laugh and think it was just fucking hilarious and quoted. That's a That's a great point, Like as we get older than we realize like, oh shit, that's a rom com Because you grow up like as a dude, you're thinking like you you get made fun of, like, oh you like roalm coms? Like no, the fuck, I don't type of thing. But we've been laughing at rom comms.
Speaker 4: Our whole life, our whole lives, dude.
Speaker 1: And now I think we're just learning that all these movies are are rom coms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you kind of think like like love.
Speaker 6: Actually, you'd be like that's a wrong com when really it's not a romantic movie with some comedic release.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: High in high school, you'd be like, man, you love movies like well, actually I'd be like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I am mentual like that.
Speaker 1: And now now I'm ready to throw in love. Actually, any holiday season, bro, any Christmas season comes, I'm throwing on love.
Speaker 6: Actually, oh bro, cancel cancer Christmas. I'm putting nothing on.
Speaker 1: Anything we got will wear an eyeliner. I hear you, fucking.
Speaker 4: Hey, you do look see it?
Speaker 1: Can you see?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: The eyeliner from your phone? No?
Speaker 6: I saw pictures though, and I thought, you know what I first time, before I can realize it was the eyeliner. I was like, damn, that boy's eyes looten crazy right now. And then some people were pointing out like eyelighter. I was like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's paint.
Speaker 1: I just can't like, I can't get the I keep trying to rub it out, but I get soap in my eyes because you got to like you soap to get it off.
Speaker 4: Bro, How did it go yesterday? Dude? For those of you watching right now? What today's Today's today? Thursday?
Speaker 1: Today is Wednesday?
Speaker 4: No, it since Thursday.
Speaker 2: Dog, We're back to dropping one a week, so they're Wednesday.
Speaker 4: I know today recording right now? It's Thursday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, day after the yes, day.
Speaker 6: After that, and we're dropping Wedness day and this is the this is uh what pot is this one?
Speaker 2: One one sixty something and who's on it? Greg Olsen?
Speaker 4: Oh that's gonna be I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 6: I started listening, no joke, like I don't really listen to our pods because I'm usually and then but I listened to the brianer lecer one. I was so badly I was there to talk about Arizona football because he was bringing up dudes talking about guys going.
Speaker 4: To Sowaro High School like that one. Oh no, but chaperone a little bit, like that'd been cool to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I told him afterwards that, uh, that you went to that high school and he said, oh, that's one of the best high schools in the state. And then because he was explaining that the whole playoff championship thing that you've you've told me about, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is kind of bullshit, Like the way he didn't.
Speaker 6: He didn't say like he played it very politically correct on how Arizona runs the state championships.
Speaker 4: For the record, they didn't do that when I was in high school, but like they.
Speaker 6: Do do some bullshit where it's like the best team in every division goes and plays a playoffs and that's the real state champion, like the state state champion. And then they have all the guys that, like the second place guys fight it out for like their their division state championship, which is kind of I guess it's constant both, but I kind of like it the way it used to.
Speaker 1: Be, right because there's one state champion that can win that's not really the state champion because they didn't.
Speaker 2: They weren't in with the bracket of the best schools, right right?
Speaker 4: Who is that my daughter? They're trying to do. Let two literally trying to just get with them, hi, guys, but to come out doing a podcast. I'll be right there, Okay, just walk them out, do you guys?
Speaker 1: Who wants to start off for the rom coms.
Speaker 6: Manless year talking about Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead. Are you guys all doing one together?
Speaker 1: Will all right?
Speaker 5: Collaboration?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Started off man, your tier always go from five.
Speaker 4: We we struggled before you go. Are we doing? Are we doing one word? Are we doing a one word deal after.
Speaker 1: Sea?
Speaker 7: All right, all right, coach sancer, But uh, I guess what we're settling with? Crazy stupid love. I kind of do that in as a wrench, but it's a fire one.
Speaker 3: We did not discuss that one.
Speaker 1: You all didn't agree on that original one was a couple's retreat.
Speaker 2: But then I thought crazy stupid love.
Speaker 7: That whole interaction and in relationship with Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling, it so fucking good.
Speaker 4: So I I think I'm doing my team of favor. But JP hit us with number four because I was that was your.
Speaker 1: That was number four.
Speaker 5: Number four.
Speaker 8: We got a classic Ryan Reynolds going classic holiday one, just friends, the ultimate mixture of comedy and really that's a good.
Speaker 1: Our.
Speaker 9: Number three on the list is gonna be Fool's Gold, featuring Matthew McConaughey and a young Kevin Hart actually is in that movie Bunny.
Speaker 1: It was his name, Bunny, Yeah, Bad Bunny Bad. Bunny two was a collaborative one. All three of us agreed.
Speaker 7: I love you man, Guy on Guy rom com it just hits different and then yeah, and then one, which is, without a doubt, the greatest romantic comedy.
Speaker 1: Movie ever created. She's out of my league and I'll die on that hill.
Speaker 4: Phenomenal is my word.
Speaker 1: My word with that list happy thanks, Like I want to elaborate, but I know we can only say one word.
Speaker 4: What's your one word? My one word will be okay?
Speaker 2: Are you cut out? Would you say.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: That's the only part I don't like about the one word thing is I do want to talk about it. How about uh, we'll go, we'll do ours and then after all the one words, then after everybody goes, we open up the floor. I think that's I think that's a great idea, all right, And I loved there's a couple on that that y'all said fool's gold. That one slipped up under me a little bit. I have seven, but I will I know, I'll eliminate a couple. Man, I'm gonna go my Tier five, so I don't know which two to take out. I'm going to take out forty year old virgin because I kind of agree with you onlike that was It's all right, It's it's an honorable mention. I'm gonna squeak them in there somehow.
Speaker 3: It was like one of the most.
Speaker 1: Dude yeah, And I won't continue to elaborate on it, even though it's one of my most quoted movies growing up in.
Speaker 2: High school, bro and in college.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna go my my m okay, I'm gonna go. My Tier five is gonna be Adam Sandler Fifty First Dates. I love how he gets Drew Barrymore to fall in love with him. He's got to get creative every time on a date, and it just keeps you like connected and in it because while you're watching the movie, I think it's one of those movies where you're just you're putting yourself in that situation so much as like, man, how do you even handle that? But that's my Tier five fifty First Dates. My Tier four is going to be How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. I love that one. I think How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days is one of the ones where I don't think I ever watched it in theaters or have rented rented the movie to.
Speaker 2: Go watch it.
Speaker 1: I always just see it on TV and I watch it all the time anytime it's on, I'm like, oh, this is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: My Tier three.
Speaker 1: Is another Matthew McConaughey. As a matter of fact, it's Matthew McConaughey, the King of rom coms. He had to stop doing.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't let him do anything else.
Speaker 1: Really, And I agree with Taylor too, Like Ben Steeller is another he He's a good rom com guy. Love him in the rom Com game Meet the Parents, shout out, Settle, shut up. But my tier what am I on?
Speaker 2: My Tier three? Yeah, another Matthew McConaughey movie.
Speaker 1: Failure to launch the same kind of situation as How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. I'm always watching it on TV. Bro him living with his parents Terry Bradshaw and like going paintballing and like how they hire her to get him out of the house. Like I just I think that's an incredible movie.
Speaker 2: My Tier two.
Speaker 1: Is crazy stupid love. I agree with you, guys. I think it's a phenomenal movie. Like you get Steve Carrell, what's his name, the handsome boy Ryan Gosling, Like they crush it, dude, and Ryan Gosling fires you up to like want to go like take care of yourself and be a be like a guy who can date and the dude sume with no socks on either, Like, Okay, you're pulling that shit off my tier one, and to me, it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's close to the god tier of wedding crashers.
Speaker 1: But the tier one for me is forgetting Sarah Marshall, and it's it's extremely close to wedding crashers. We all decided before this we're gonna do five tiers and we're gonna leave wedding crashers out because in our opinion, unanimously, it's gonna be seated at god teer. But yes, forgetting Sarah Marshall, I think it's one of the best, dude, very highly quoted throughout my entire life. It's just one of those bangers, dude. So forgetting Sarah Marshall, those are my tears, Taylor, what's your word?
Speaker 4: Great? Mmm?
Speaker 5: Solid mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Classics. Here we go special, Let's go golf Cloud, golf Cloud. I feel like somebody is got to always like just throw something in there that's like all right, last but not least.
Speaker 6: Hey, do you guys feel like there's a level of like a nervousness when we give out our list, like we're so we're all like we're afraid to be judged by the books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, Absolutely for sure.
Speaker 4: Here I am living in the nerves. Okay. I like to start off my list.
Speaker 6: Will can have his possible two in there, and like to just give a quick little deal on this. I tried to go as much as I thought was romantic comedy aside from my first one, because.
Speaker 3: It's just too good.
Speaker 6: If we were going how people the general public looks at romantic comedies, this would be much higher. But my tier five is going to be forgetting Sarah Marshall. I agree with Will one hundred percent. It's close to God's tier. The reason why I didn't make it any higher is only because I just as when I saw as a child, I didn't resonate the rom com with it. I literally just thought to myself, what a hilarious movie. And oh, by the way, Mila Kunez is a fox like that. That's what I figured out my Tier four, and I feel like a lot of people forgot about this one is the Parent Trap, a classic Lindsay Lohan twins tricking their parents and a refalling in love.
Speaker 4: It's a story that can live and infamy. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: My Tier three, who is probably the Mount Rushmore of rom coms, like Will has talked about, is going to be Ghosts of Christmas Past with Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 12: Phenomenal movie. Amma Stone was incredible. He is like a playboy camera photo guy. He's trying to figure out who he is. It's unbelievable. It's a movie of also finding yourself and falling in love.
Speaker 4: My Tier two and.
Speaker 6: I can put this movie on any day of the week and it's so good. And it's been at a couple of lets in both of y'all's list. Is crazy stupid love.
Speaker 1: It's just up there.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if you're gonna put that Tier one. I know that's one of your things.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and you know me well, and uh, it's so good, dude.
Speaker 6: The it's like the layering two of all the different love triangles that are kind of in there, like the Babysitters in love with Correl, Correl's in love with the It's just kind of everybody's intertwined. It's really cool. It's a great movie. I fucking love it, dude, and it's the epitome of a wrong com That and this next one, which is my tier one.
Speaker 3: The boys know.
Speaker 4: I love to get tropical.
Speaker 6: Matthew McConaughey deserves to be at the top, and Kevin Hart before he was anybody.
Speaker 4: Fool's Gold is so much.
Speaker 6: And I did a crazy stupid love was my number one until about six months ago. And then I, for whatever reason, I was getting an IV. I was getting some na d and I saw that on Netflix and I popped it on. I watched it six days in a row.
Speaker 4: Exat that fucking good. I love that movie?
Speaker 1: So good? Is Matthee talking Taylor? Can you hear us?
Speaker 2: Come back to you? Come back to us?
Speaker 1: Can you hear us? Did I lose you? Yes? Can you hear Taylor? Taylor were?
Speaker 2: Did I lose you?
Speaker 1: Yes? Can you hear us? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I can hear you?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: All right? Are we thirty?
Speaker 4: Where Where did I lose you?
Speaker 1: I started to uh, I was accidentally cutting you off because I was saying, like, how good is Matthew mcconaugheyste and in Fool's Gold?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's incredible, dude, incredible? All right, some kid, if you can hear me, I don't. I hate the lag.
Speaker 6: This is why we don't do podcasts on Zoom. But some kid with the Texas is a punter and she's like McConaughey is always around, and I was like, Oh, what's he like in the one word do you describe? The first word to you use to describe was smelly. That's tough because I know because he doesn't.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: He showers like two or three times a day. I think like he doesn't do uh whatever it's called, like he doesn't believe in it or something. What does he like?
Speaker 4: Rustafarian?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to get in on some duke cannon, but I don't think he uses product like that for real. All right, boys started back for your words? O kind somebody, somebody get a word. What do we want? I don't know what we all?
Speaker 2: You each do, individual.
Speaker 5: Words, predictable, decent.
Speaker 2: I hate how he gets keeps getting chopped on the screen.
Speaker 1: H bridge, Oh Mid, what we're talking? Mid?
Speaker 2: I think, uh, now we can open up the floor and talk about all of our tears.
Speaker 1: Parent trap bro.
Speaker 4: Bro, I can't hear.
Speaker 6: All I heard was three words and you guys ship on me, and then I just heard parent trap so I have no idea what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, uh so JP said predictable.
Speaker 4: Yeah I heard that. No, du you don't have to repeat that. You don't. You don't have to repeat the meaning words.
Speaker 11: I heard them all.
Speaker 4: And then I go about what was your word? What was your word?
Speaker 1: Mid Oh?
Speaker 4: Dude, you guys are so dude.
Speaker 2: I think you. I think your top two are really good.
Speaker 1: Bro, you threw me for a fucking loop with those bottom three, like putting.
Speaker 2: Forgetting Sir must so five. It's like that.
Speaker 1: I just have bias in that. So I'm like, all right, let's see what this next two will be above that? And to put parent Trapp and what was it? Go to Christmas Past?
Speaker 4: Great movie?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is? Go Christmas Pass ahead of forgetting Sarah Marshall And just like in the top five, in the top five year wrong go.
Speaker 4: West. I can't. I don't want to deal with this because it's number one.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't hear you guys. My WiFi is too bad.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: That's why I do miss the vibes on the bus.
Speaker 1: Come home.
Speaker 4: Dude, you guys forget how good parent trap was you know what it is? You guys are so fucking basic.
Speaker 6: First, I'm not gonna say you guys, I'm gonna start with will.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go I'm gonna actually start with.
Speaker 2: The boys in the back.
Speaker 4: I know what you guys said was a reflection of how I reacted to your guys.
Speaker 6: So there's not just I I forgive you will You you just a flip flop that you're like a you're a flapjack bro, like you fucking you have this whole uh speak your truth day on our teer talk last week, and then.
Speaker 4: You want you going ham on the boy on Twitter. So you're just trying to get close with your comments.
Speaker 1: It's hard and I do want to I would like to talk about that. What's hard about doing this, like on Zoom is when you did your tear talk, I was thinking those things that I was I tweeted about, but it's you only had like a few minutes, so I didn't.
Speaker 2: It's like you don't know what vibe you.
Speaker 1: Want to go for, Like we can't sit here and banter back and forth because we don't have a whole lot of time. So and it was your first time, it was your first time zooming in. So I was trying to make it go as smoothly as possible. And so I.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't lie to your face.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, like the boy, we just we just got done doing tight and you Nascar like we're all getting together for the first time.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to, you know, be as.
Speaker 1: Like, like you know, be a boy.
Speaker 10: I might never come back to Canada. Do not if everyone fear soon master? No, but but you really I quit, Bro. There's the yeah jap just started to lean down.
Speaker 2: There's the title.
Speaker 4: I'm fucking done.
Speaker 1: But all the movies we talked about, bro, like listen, I think parent Trap is a good movie. I'm just talking like top five, Like, were there something that we were saying that You're like, I would use that my top five. I'm just gonna try and be like I'm gonna try and pick something different, not like you want to be different, but you're just gonna like play a different game.
Speaker 4: No, because so I.
Speaker 6: Said the whole time, like these movies I'm putting out are like true rom coms, and you guys are you guys are putting out.
Speaker 4: Comedies in my opinion, which is fun. They're gonna be they're gonna be better received.
Speaker 6: But you know, your boy, your boy, I mean boy, your boys did about rom com since like I was twelve.
Speaker 4: I'm about the rom com life, dude. I I was all about it still am.
Speaker 1: So you you would prefer more like family fun rom coms and just like more of like you know, like.
Speaker 6: Parent Trap for me is because there's a level of nostalgia there, like there's better movies out there.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 6: But I remember being a kid watching that movie and you see the parents are all broken up, and your boy, when I was that age watching that movie, my parents are.
Speaker 4: Just recently broken up. You're looky thinking like, you know, if I had explain, I could be bringing these two back together. And so there's like a level of like, oh damn that movie was awesome. Damn it, I get to hear what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I was here, I heard all of it. I thought that was really honestly well said.
Speaker 2: I feel like that suld have been I feel of it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, now you have it, yeah, I think I mean no, I mean see, that's like that's it. That's you living in your truth. Like I like, I still have my one word or whatever, because it just threw me for a loop. But if you would have presented it that way, you win.
Speaker 4: You win me.
Speaker 1: Can you not hear me?
Speaker 4: My WiFi is so bad? I just heard at the end, I heard you won me over with that. All the other words he said doesn't matter because I know I got you.
Speaker 2: We just get a shout Yeah, Hey, what's your shout out? No free shout out of the week?
Speaker 4: Do you guys? Are you guys hearing every you know I'm saying? Or is this a wash at this point?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm hearing like your video will be choppy, but I can hear you pretty fluid.
Speaker 6: I'll do my shout out of you shot out real quick you no, Yeah, my shoutout of the week.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's a special moment. It's a special moment in my life with my kid. Yesterday win Rebel the wand was eating some food and she looks up at me and she goes, hey, Daddy, this food is sick. And I'm like what She goes, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 6: And then later in the day she was like, uh, called me dude, and I was like, damn, this kid's really talking to me, like talking like me she's she's she's doing the things.
Speaker 4: She's saying the things I say.
Speaker 6: So I so my shout out for shout out of the week, the go to when you see your kid finally like mirror imaging you and doing the same things that you've done. Like I say, dude, sick and bro, and now she's saying dude sick and bro and it's super rad.
Speaker 4: That's my shout out.
Speaker 1: That's a wholesome shout out.
Speaker 2: That's a wholesome shout out.
Speaker 1: I'm really doing my best to temper down, like I want to have more of an emotion, but I don't want to come off with him thinking that I'm trying to over correct the movie talk, because I think that's a really good shout out.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, I stand by all my movies, affict.
Speaker 1: I know, I mean you, I mean you should. You can't help what the people say. Like sometimes you just got to stand up there strong. Do you let them stones hitch in the mouth. But all right, man, well we love you, we miss you, We wish you're here on the bus. Love you boys, Boston Taylor.
Speaker 2: You know, my man just hates it hate not hates being in Canada, but hates that I can't.
Speaker 1: Not being like hates that he can't like be in this moment because he's getting like the tough WiFi and he's got to be frustrated.
Speaker 2: He sees the boys with the hats on some of the boys, some of the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 11: We passed the segment off.
Speaker 2: Now, how do we?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So, uh, we just talked to Taylor on the tear Talk. Our tear talk was rom coms, a lot of debate going on. I think it is a very debatable topic too. Uh Yeah. His bottom three really threw me for a loop. Like the reason he loves parent Trap I think is very good. But if like you're objectively looking at these movies, and that's what I'm trying to say, I'm trying to stay objective. And I felt like that was a mid tier talk, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Like, in my opinion, I thought that was like a mid list With all the movies we rattled off.
Speaker 7: He gave us an okay, and his top two movies were in our top five. So I think the back of the bus is pretty upset with him.
Speaker 2: That's why we were It felt personal.
Speaker 4: He took two of our.
Speaker 2: Movies, so you guys like Taylor's top five lists? No, I like his top three.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, the Christmas movie in Parent Trap don't belong in the top five.
Speaker 2: So you like this tier one, two, and five? What was forgetting sir Marshall's five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we didn't have forgetting Sarah Marshall. But ours just a collective.
Speaker 5: List, he says.
Speaker 1: The forgetting Sarah Marshall's like more of a funny movie. But it's like he gets broken up with like it's all it's all about his heart being broken and he's finding love the entire movie, and it's just really funny.
Speaker 2: Like it's more of like adult humor.
Speaker 1: That's why I feel like he might like more of like the family humor, because that's those are the movies he was picking. But you guys are saying your word only had to do with like you you felt like it was personal, so you weren't. But then you also don't like his list, So.
Speaker 4: I don't our words also reflect his list?
Speaker 1: Okay you feel that way?
Speaker 2: I do, uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I you know, I see why he's up in arms about the the what I was saying about his tier list last week. But some people a lot of people were rocking with his lists. You got these, Yeah, so many great realm coms. Yeah, hitch fucking banger dude, obviously, And I took out my other one. I took out that I wasn't gonna continue to say in there, but was the breakup only because the breakup to me is an awesome movie, like it's it's up there for me on the list, but it's so real that there's also some vibes of like, fuck man, they don't figure it out, you know what I mean. It's not like a happy ending. They see each other and they become better people as individuals. But the Jennifer Anison and Vince von didn't didn't land the plane.
Speaker 5: That really spoke to you, didn't. I thought you're gonna start tearing up, and then.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, no, I feel you like the video games and wait, well, uh, where's my lemons? Hey? Baby wanted lemons? Baby got lemons? No, baby wanted six lemons. And then they kind of get in a fighter like wanting to do the dishes. I don't want to do the dishes, or like I want you to want to do the dishes. It's like the dilemma that guys and girls go through all the time, especially like in the married life, because the fact baby I don't want to do that, and she's like, neither do I Like, all right, well then don't do it. Neither of us don't have to do it. Well, something's gotta somebody's gotta do it. Like all right, fine, I'll take out the trash. But uh yeah, we just finished here talk. We are going to jump into uh I guess greg Olsen. Now we gotta go back into the intro for real. But let's we're gonna get into greg Olsen. Subscribing for watching right now. Subscribe on YouTube if you're listening or however you're receiving this podcast, this episode right now, if you don't mind taking your phone out, going to Apple or Spotify and making sure you're subscribed or following. I don't know how the It seems like Spotify you followed the page and is it the same thing with Apple now it's like a plus sign up in the top right corner, if you don't mind doing that for the boys, continue to download the episode. We appreciate you, We love you, biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to bring you Georgia Boot. Shout out. Georgia Boot no free shoutouts. Boys, super good looking and super comfortable boots. You'll never want to take these boys off. I can tell you right now. If you're a cowboy boot wearing mother, did you will want to get these boots. You can get them online. But they have boots all ranges, all varieties. There's something, there's a little something for everyone on georgiaboot dot com. They hold up in a condition without sacrificing comfort or style where they're working on your feet all day, working around the house.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see this thing Saturdays for the boys. Custom boot a big deal growing up with your friends. Whatever the case may be, You guys just had a phenomenal Fourth of July. Whether they're doing all that stuff, these boots, Jesus, these boots hold up in any condition. Head over to georgiaboot dot com and use code bus and that's b uss. I n for a generous twenty percent off. Boys, you like what you get georgiaboot dot com. Back to the episode, Well, welcome to the bust.
Speaker 11: With the boys.
Speaker 1: I know we're not on the bus I'm fired up to have you on and I'm glad we're one on one because we got some beef.
Speaker 3: I you know what, I I do not know about it. I know the story, and I don't feel I'm not proud of it. I've told you before.
Speaker 11: You apologize in the game.
Speaker 3: I apologize in the game, and I feel like I've apologized on Twitter when I've seen the plan. I feel like I've I've tried to make amends. Yeah, so I feel good that we're sitting here.
Speaker 11: I'm glad that we were here and we can talk about now. I've told them. I've told the story a couple.
Speaker 1: Of times with the boys, but it was like one of my first games starting and taking over the job. And I don't know whether we were in man and Man or spot drop or whatever. You just hooked up right over the middle, Cam trust to throw you the ball and I come around.
Speaker 11: And PBu boy gets the PBu I do.
Speaker 1: The incomplete pass thing and I don't know if you remember, but I web you there's this inside joke.
Speaker 3: You Webb Spider Man.
Speaker 1: So if you like, if a coach is saying something in the meetings and the coach is wrong or let's say you get an answer wrong, the boys web you. They're like, you know, you're like doing too much or you get the answer wrong. So there's like this running joke around our facility, like webbing. People got it, especially from Hey comp if you make a play like you should web whoever it is you make a play on.
Speaker 3: And so I was like I didn't know this part of the story, So I don't apologize now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we break up the pass, I web you or whatever, and uh, Greg turns around and looks at me.
Speaker 3: He goes, who are you?
Speaker 1: What are you like fourth string?
Speaker 3: As he's going by, and All is like, hey, I'll work for this spot, man.
Speaker 1: And there was like a time out or something later like the next possession, the next possession, there's like a time out.
Speaker 11: Greg comes up to me, he's like, hey man, a paulogs just saying that. They're like, I know you worked hard for this shit like.
Speaker 1: None of that. Everybody, everybody who's on this field earn their place on this field. I was like, oh, it's all good man.
Speaker 3: I do I remember that story and I've heard you tell it, and I feel like I have to go back and look. But I feel like one time on like Twitter or something before we had ever really like met I heard you tell the story, and uh, I feel like on Twitter, I like quote tweeted it. I was like, I'm sorry about that, Like I remember that that's true, that's a true story. I felt really bad about it at the time. I feel really bad now hearing you tell it again. So I feel like I don't feel as bad now that I know you like webbed me and that was like premeditated. I don't feel great about that. Yeah, but uh I think for the for the sake that we can let buy guns speak.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Are you not like a trash talg guy or you know, like I wasn't really a trash talk guy. I don't like an Arian Foster comment, you know what I mean, Like who are you?
Speaker 11: I don't even know you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that wasn't really my thing. That's why I was so out of character that I was like that guy didn't deserve that, Like that was probably I was. I was being sensitive that he blocked.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I got very sensitive when people guarded me. I took great pride and like if they threw me the ball, like I was going to catch that son of a bitch but like and when people guarded me, I was like, you know, your pride gets hurt.
Speaker 1: You're like, fuck, I just said this guy fucking gard me.
Speaker 3: So I probably snapped back, probably just added more like frustration rather than like ankst towards you. I probably would have done if it was anybody, it could have been fucking Ray Lewis, I might have said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: That wasn't really my thing. I wasn't I wasn't a big like trash talk guy. I wasn't a big like raw raw celebrate. I mean just wasn't my thing.
Speaker 13: ULTI of the Year, ULTI finalist.
Speaker 3: I lost it.
Speaker 13: I lost three times.
Speaker 3: Thanks thanks for bringing it up.
Speaker 1: But I feel like each player who gets like becomes their team's nominee or whatever. It's so hard because after that it just comes under the voting. You know, they changed a strong you know, they like a strong fan base.
Speaker 13: They changed the way they work it because of me. The Greg Olsen Ruld.
Speaker 3: Do you know that story. I do not, So, so I go I go to Walter Payton Man of the Year the first time I'm a finalist. So back in the day. No longer.
Speaker 13: They now bring all thirty two.
Speaker 3: Nominees to the to the NFL Honors before the Super Bowl. But prior to this, I was a finalist. It was me, Larry Fitzgerald, and Eli Manning. So we're the three finalists and I had no anticipation of winning. Larry and Eli had both been nominees in the past, and I was like, you're not beating Eli Manning and you're not beating Larry Fitzgerald, Like who.
Speaker 11: You think's winning? Before that?
Speaker 1: Before that night, that was the question.
Speaker 3: I was like, which one of these two legends are going to be sitting in the crowd with me, you know, as the asphalt was laughing, right, So we catch word the night before that they're going to give multiple awards and we're like, no way, there's no way they'd give two awards when there's only three guys there, right, Sure ship they get up on stage, so then one camera gets in front of you, so you're like, oh my god, am I gonna win? But then you realize there's a camera in front of every finalist and uh, and like, for the first time in NFL history, we're gonna give out two NFL Man of the Years.
Speaker 13: So I'm like, do I got a shot here.
Speaker 3: But then I'm like, there's no way Eli Manning is gonna sit in the crowd and be the loan loser Flarier Fitzgerald's. So they call Larry and Eli and I'm the loan loser. So they brought three guys and I came in third, and I'm the only guy right. So then there's a camera. You're in the front row, you know, so you're a clapp in. You're happy. I'm like, I get it. I'm like, but I'm gonna come back next year. So they do you know why they gave two because you can only be a finalist so many times. You can only be nominated three times. And it was both Larry and Eli's last nomination, so one of them was forever going to lose.
Speaker 13: It was my first time being a finalist, so I had one more year.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting there and I'm I'm like, all right, I'm the loan loser. So they catch us walking out of there backstage or whatever, leave in and Goodell comes up to me, and everyone comes up to me, and they're like, you know, we.
Speaker 13: Get over there next year.
Speaker 3: If those guys can't be nominees anymore. It's your year, it'll be your last year we'll recognize. So I'm like, I get it.
Speaker 1: It was the that was your second time.
Speaker 3: I had one more time, all right. So the next year I'm a finalist again with Ben Watson and JJ Watt.
Speaker 13: And it was the hurricane year where.
Speaker 3: JJ did that you know, fundraiser raised gazillion dollars for the hurricane relief in Houston. So now I'm like shit, like, I'm not how am I beaten that? He raised fifty million dollars whatever it was for the hurricane.
Speaker 13: So we go there.
Speaker 3: He wins Man of the Year. So I can no longer be nominated. So I'm done. So this whole plan of give it to Eli and Larry olsen'll be the loan loser. We'll bring him back. We'll make it up to him the next year. Little did they know that what was going to happen in Houston with JJ and what he did was great. So I lose.
Speaker 13: I can no longer ever be nominated again.
Speaker 3: So they said, we're not doing that anymore because there's always someone who doesn't get their turn. They scrap the finalists the Greg Olsen rule, they bring all thirty two. So Now every year there's thirty one losers instead of just me.
Speaker 1: But people can get nominated as many times I don't know.
Speaker 3: Still the same, but now you don't have to. But now instead of making the finalists and and being three, I get it to you this year you. But now the third guy who didn't win it, he cannot win it again.
Speaker 1: Like what happened with me.
Speaker 3: You run out of nominations. Now thirty one guys lose, so it's not as all right the loser next Every year they would say the loser one of the losers of the finalists would win the next year.
Speaker 13: You never won your first year, nominated.
Speaker 3: Until unless you're probably j J one, until you raised fifty million dollars in her because I don't think it was his first time being a finalist. Whether he was nominated in the past, I don't know. So I always like to take credit that the Walter Payton Man of the Year setup is now the Greg Olsen rule, because I was the assholes sitting in the Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Got a legacy.
Speaker 3: I made a mark on the league.
Speaker 1: You made a mark on the league.
Speaker 3: That'll take a lot of credit when all thirty two guys get to walk the red carpet. It's because I lost so many times. You can want someone else to do it.
Speaker 1: Boys, enjoy all your expenses getting paid for because of me.
Speaker 13: Because of my suffering.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: So, how many years did you play?
Speaker 13: Fourteen?
Speaker 1: Fourteen years? Started off with Chicago, you went to Miami. We'd love to hear some U stores, if you got any good U stores, because you played back when.
Speaker 13: The U was like the you was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think they're gonna you think they're gonna come back.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: So Marc's here's what I hear, and you can correct me because it'll be broken anyway because I just hear it through whether it's coaches or recruise or anything like that. The issue seems to be that there's such a distance between like where the college campus is and where the stadium is and the nil money and stuff to where it's like it's just so watered down on they have they struggle competing because the vicinity of everything is not around each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's part of it. So I think one of the big mistakes they made is a program. When I was there, we played at the Orange Bowl, which was a dump, but it was like our dump, right it was a historic venue. When we'd play those night games there against Florida State or Florida or Virginia Tech, I mean Clemson. It was there was reason the bag, it was crazy, Yeah, palm trees in the end zone. Everyone remembers. It was iconic, right, you played it on that, you know, you played it on on.
Speaker 13: And it was six.
Speaker 3: So that that was the stadium. That was the only stadium I ever played there. And then they knocked that down. And the original rumors were that the that Miami Hurricanes and the Marlins were going to do like a joint, brand new facility like somewhere on the property and share it. That fell through. The Marlins did it on their own and Miami was left with nothing. So on the original nearby, the original Orange Bowl, I believe is where the Marlins baseball stadium is, which was supposed to be.
Speaker 13: A joint like co you know, habitat, you know type thing.
Speaker 3: So the Miami was just left with the Dolphin Stadium, which, like you said, is a good forty minutes from campus.
Speaker 13: Thirty five forty minutes from campus.
Speaker 3: We only struggled getting people to our games to begin with. If it wasn't if it was a noon game against Wake Forest. There's gonna be twenty thousand people in the Orange Bowl. It was just even when we were the best team in the country, it was just the way it was. There's a lot to do down there. On a Saturday morning in November, it's eighty five degrees and you're gonna go to the beach and there's just a lot to do. It's not a college town, but going up there every Saturday is hard. It's hard for the students. It's not a big school. When I went there, there was ten thousand undergrad So even if every single kid in the school came, it's ten thousand kids.
Speaker 1: Right right, and you're trying to get you know, if you're stud you're trying to.
Speaker 11: Get wregged, like you're trying.
Speaker 3: To like you went out, you went out Friday night, and it's just forty year So there was a lot of factors in that. Now fast forward to today, so they just hired Mario Crystabal So Mario. I've known Mario since I was fifteen years old. When I went down to the University of Miami camp they were the first school that ever offered me a scholarship. My rising sophomore summer, Mario was the offensive quality control coach ort GA. He shortly then went with Greg Cianno, who was the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 13: My dad knew Greg because he played.
Speaker 3: Greg played against my dad's high school team when my dad was the.
Speaker 13: Coach back in New Jersey. So he takes over for Rutgers.
Speaker 3: He brings Mario Christobal with him, and he recruits us in New Jersey at Rutgers.
Speaker 13: So we go way back with Mario.
Speaker 3: He then came back to Miami, coached me, went on to FIU, and now he's come full circle.
Speaker 13: So he's back.
Speaker 3: If my if Mario can't bring Miami back to prominence and respectability, then it just can't happen.
Speaker 13: It's just not in the car.
Speaker 3: So he is the guy. If he's the guy for the job. If he can't do it, nobody can do it.
Speaker 1: And they brought guys back like players right like in eds, like.
Speaker 13: Chief of staff.
Speaker 3: They Jason Taylor, who didn't go to Miami, but Miami guy, he's on the defensive staff, I mean his his staff. He brought Josh Gaddis to offensive coordinator from Michigan, who won the Art the Art Briles for the top assistant coach and what's the whatever the award they gave It might be the broils, whatever it is. They he went top off my top NCAA. He came, he left Michigan to come. He's got an unbelievable staff. So they have the money now boosters. When he took the job, he said, I need new facilities, I need new nil money, I need this, this, this and this. And the new ad who came from Clemson went out and they gave him a package and said, you get everything you asked for.
Speaker 4: Win.
Speaker 1: Dude. It does seem like like in the college landscape, you just need like a you need the people above you to like be behind you, to like, you know, give you the money because it's going to take like teams are building budgets to it's going to turn into like free agency.
Speaker 3: So it is, and Miami's never going to compete with Texas, A and M in Alabama and Georgia and the big state schools that have fifty thousand kids and huge boosters and huge endowments and huge fund You're just it's a small private.
Speaker 13: School in South Florida.
Speaker 3: Like it's just it's apples and oranges from as far as the set up, but the culture down there of winning the area to recruit the players that come out of South Florida. I mean, you played with a bunch of us and they're just different and they're just different cats. If you can get those kids, and Mario will he already is He's only been there for you know, not even a year.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I think the world of Mario and if he can't do it, it just can't be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh yeah, I heard you say you got offered as a rising sophomore. Yeah, so you were a stud. You've been a stud. So I went down.
Speaker 3: I mean I think it was more of like projection. So my dad knew Greg Ciano. He was a defensive coordinator, Butch Davis was the was the head coach just before he went to Cleveland, and they were, you know, they were a big time. They were playing in BCS Bowl games every year. I think this was prior to them winning the national championship against Nebraska, so it may have been like the year before that, and so they were on the verge of something special. Dorsey and Santanamos and Reggie Wayne, I mean, these guys they were loaded.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the Rockets before that. He is a little older than me.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, so I was going. I was the summer between my freshman and sophomore year. Back then, they used to hold week long camps. Nowadays it's like showcase camps and you come in for one day. We had helmets, but there was no hitting. But we wore helmets. But it was Monday through Friday, right, You slept.
Speaker 1: In the dorms orm shitty.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we had the same thing.
Speaker 13: They don't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these hot shot kids now in high school. They come in for one day.
Speaker 13: They work out for two hours.
Speaker 3: It's mostly like a meet and greet, official visit branding. Yeah, they call it camp and they're not really working. We were doing multiple practices a day. So we were doing that at Miami. Hundreds and hundreds of kids at the camp. And after the camp Greg Ciano and the offensive coordinator was Larry Kocher. They pulled my dad aside. I had an older brother who was a rising junior. He was a quarterback, and before we left camp they offered us both and that was He had had a few offers before then, but that was my first one, and I think it was just projection. They saw a tall, skinny kid who can run around and catch the ball. And I probably weighed two hundred pounds max. But like, could run and could catch and whatnot. I think at that time they had Shocky and they were on the heels of Bubba Franks. They were kind of at the forefront of that tight end of renaissance, and they took a shot on a young kid, and that always made a last.
Speaker 13: Thing impressed you.
Speaker 11: When did you commit?
Speaker 3: So I originally went to Notre Dame. So I transferred to Miami. So I signed with Notre Dame. My older brother went to Notre Dame the year before me, so I followed him to Notre Dame the following year, signed my letter of intent, went graduated in June, went to Miami, and I went to Notre Dame in June, and.
Speaker 13: I left in August. I was like this, it just wasn't for me, Like it wasn't my style, it wasn't my vibe.
Speaker 11: It was always loved to give you a bad taste, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Always love I loved everything about Miami, like from the early on, they were the first school that showed interest, Like I just I loved their tight end kind of history. You know, Shaki had just gotten drafted to New York, which was right down the street from where I lived in high school, so he was a big deal. Bubba Kellen Winslow was now then like this, you know, he was in on the team and making a name. So like they were known as the tight end school, and there was just something about the they played their style that resonated with me, like it was a little more up my alley. Notre Dame was great. Tyrone Willingham was awesome. I was the head coach that I had committed to. It was just a little more conservative, Like it was a little more stuffy. It was a little more prim and proper, and you know, like it just wasn't my style, Like this's just not me. Yeah, And you know, the only reason I went to Notre Dame in the beginning is to go play with my brother. And it's Notre Dame, right, you go to Notre Dame and you graduate, it's, you know, one of the most prestigious institutions in the world. So it had everything going for it. But once I got on campus, I was I was just my heart wasn't there. I was like I should be at Miami like, I know, I came to play with my brother and family and all that, but I got to do what's right for me, and I got to go somewhere that fits where I see myself growing as a player and as a person. And my dad called at the Now Larry is the head coach, Butch had left, so Larry Coker's the head coach. I said, Dad, before I leave here, I got to make sure I have a scholarship. This was before transfer portals, this was before all this stuff. And my dad called Larry and got him on the phone, was like, hey, Greg's looking to transfer. He's like what he just got there. He's like, he wants to come, but you have a scholarship. And they had a scholarship. I got in the car with my mom, drove back to New Jersey, waited for the NCAA clearinghouse to approve my transfer, and went down on like a Friday afternoon and jumped right into press.
Speaker 11: Our conversation until Notre Dame the state.
Speaker 3: It was hard, Yeah, it was hard, you know, to sit in the office with a school who had recruited you now for three four years, you know, you had really gotten.
Speaker 1: To know the assistant you a little bit.
Speaker 3: I wish, I wish I got paid. I always joked like, there was all these great stories about all these kids in college before and I the olden days where you know, guys were dropping suitcases.
Speaker 1: Off and we had Fred Taylor on e what was it, sixty to fifty sixty year end, he would go to a guy's house.
Speaker 3: I swear the mass money my family's lives I never had. Now, my dad was my high school coach. So when they're sitting in our family room, sitting in our school, my dad is also the coach. She's been there for forty years. They've recruited his school for a million year, so it was a little bit different. But I always joked like I hear of all these kids, the kids that I was being recruited with, their kids that I played with, their guys in the league, that would tell these stories in the locker room, And I was like, I was pretty good.
Speaker 1: How come nobody was paying me?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean like, but no, I never you never offered me a die.
Speaker 1: Like on Miami and you don't have the say any names. I'm just asking, did you have a teammate on Miami to where you find out why you're playing with him in college that he had gotten paid No, and You're just like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Like, No, there was always, you know, there was always the stories of you know that you'd get the free you know, go to a night at the club and it magically the bill got paid. Like you know, there was always those stories. But I never had anyone, both through the recruiting process or while I was at school, who was like, oh, yeah, they paid me fifty grand to come here. Never. Yeah, So I was either oblivious or I just no one.
Speaker 4: No one thought that I had to pay me to come to there.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so pissed. Like most I knew about was like our coaches would put money on the ball for like a turnover during a game. Yeah, I'm like that stuff like that, like thousands of dollars.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: Listen when we when we had recruits in what an assistant coach give you a hundred bucks and be like, hey, if you guys go to dinner tonight, if you take this recruit out. Yeah, But were they dropping duffel bags of money like blue Chips remember that movie Blue Chips and Nick Nolty and stuff for like Anny Hardaway and Shack and all them and like, no, that was not my experience. Maybe other guys had that, but it wasn't my experience.
Speaker 11: So you were a beast in Miami.
Speaker 1: You go first round, you play what three years with the Bears? I played four?
Speaker 3: I played fourth seeds, and I got traded after my fourth season going into.
Speaker 13: My fifth nine with U nine with Caroline, with Carolina.
Speaker 11: What was it like when you got traded? Were you bitter?
Speaker 1: I was because I look at like you look at your career and a lot of people like and I'm sure you've like felt this way because you're like a you're like a hard, like you've earned all of your stuff, but people see you know, you get offered as a sophomore, you become a first rounder, you have all of the success in the NFL. I would love to know about, like some adversity points like in your career, Like maybe trading is one of them, for sure, but I would love to hear about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think I'm glad you asked, because it's easy to sit back and evaluate people's career and be like, man, that guy was so lucky. What a great career, first round pick, scholarship to Miami. You know, played fourteen years, made a lot of money. But like people don't know just how hard this stuff really is. They don't know. Every guy in the roster has a story. It doesn't matter if it's a guy in the practice squad.
Speaker 13: Or it's the All Pro quarterback.
Speaker 3: Everybody's got a story where along the way there was a tipping point and you either decided to push through it or it crushed you.
Speaker 1: Because it gets even harder the longer you're own.
Speaker 3: It gets it's because now age becomes a factor and you're the layers of difficulty just continue to pile up. So yeah, to your point, you know, adversity, I signed with the wrong college out of school. I had to go sit and be ineligible for a year at Miami and be a tackling dummy on the scout team with eight future first round draft picks on the Miami defense, and I'm scout team freshman seven, eighteen year old freshman tight end on the scout team for a full season.
Speaker 11: You got to keep your head at it, too, and you got to stay.
Speaker 1: Those days are brutal because you're not getting coached, you're getting told, hey, you're doing the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: On the car, You're Florida's tight end, You're Virginia Tech tight end, You're Florida State's tight end. Don't fuck it up because these Sean Taylor needs a good look and if you mess it up, Sean Taylor will.
Speaker 13: Kill you in practice.
Speaker 3: Right, entrel Roll, Vince Wilfork, DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma, those guys were on the same team, so right, So that was early adversity. I mean, I remember calling my dad after getting to Miami and he's like, you know, how is it? How is it?
Speaker 13: I'm like, I love it. It's beautiful and me.
Speaker 3: Walking around it's palm trees, It's ninety degrees every day. It's just cool.
Speaker 13: It's sick. But I don't think I'll ever play here.
Speaker 3: Like these guys are just I mean, I grew up in a small suburb in New Jersey and now I'm playing in South Florida.
Speaker 13: These are just different. This is just different world, a different world, and you know, you.
Speaker 3: Battle through that. And then as a red shirt freshman, I earned some time as a reserve kind of guy, play half the Snaps, the third of the Snaps, as like a part time number two tight end kind of thing. Then my third year start and then you know, obviously build a career from there. But then to your point. So I get off to a decent start in Chicago my rookie year. My second year, I'm solid like forty to fifty catches, which in those times were good years, you know. But then my fourth my third year, I had a really good year. I led the team and catches. I had sixty something catches, led the team, and think they had like eight touchdowns. Like, I had a good year, and we missed the playoffs. And Lovey Smith was the coach, and he fires the offensive coordinator, the tight end coach, the quarterback coach, and the offensive line coach. We pretty much fires most of the offensive staff, and you know, I lost my only tight end coach I had known at the time, and I was a young guy, so I and then yeah, yeah, he was the only.
Speaker 13: Coach I ever had at the NFL level.
Speaker 3: And so fast forward into that offseason, they all get fired and they hire Mike Martz and at his introductory press conference, Mark says, you know, they asked him to say, hey, you don't really have a lot of history with tight ends in your system, you know, going back to his days with the greatest show on turf for Marshall Falk and Toroy Holt and Oza Kim and those guys. And like, you know, you're leading receiver from last year is a young tight end, a first round from a couple of years ago? Like, how do you see him fitting in your system? And I'll never forget it for as long as I live. He's like, if a tight end in my system can't block, I don't really have much of a use for him. I'd rather just either play with a third tackle or a third receiver. And I was like, I never met him, never said a word to him, never sat in his office. That was the first thing he ever said about me. So I was like, fuck this guy, Like you know what I mean, Like you never have spoken a word to me. You don't even you've never even worked with me. You don't know anything about me. I'm in my third year. I just finished my third year in the league. Like I'm young, I'm growing, I'm getting better.
Speaker 1: Like and you asked a question that gives you not being didy either talk you up, talk about.
Speaker 3: I mean, give him give him bullshit answer. I look forward to working with all the guys on the roster I have to spend some time getting to know what guys do well.
Speaker 13: We're always going to play the guy's strengths. YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 3: But he takes the time and in essence says like I and in more words than this, he's like, I don't really have much use for him. So I'm like, all right. So I went into off season that year like with an edge, like a point to prove, like OTA's mini camp, like I was trying to kill people. Like my goal was, I don't care if I play a snap. I'm going to prove this guy wrong. So that draft, So fast forward to April of that year, I get called into the GM's office and he tells me right to my face, Jerry Angelo. He's like, Hey, I'm just letting you know, pay attention to tomorrow night's draft. This was when drafts were on the weekends. He's like, Saturday, so this is Saturday. First round. He's like, we have a trade in place with the New England Patriots. They're targeting a tight end. It turned out to be Grounk and if they don't, if he goes in the first round, they're going to trade one of their three second round picks for you, So just be around.
Speaker 13: I'm not promising anything, but just be around, you know.
Speaker 3: I had mixed emotions, like I loved Chicago, right I loved Chicago. I loved the city like it's an awesome place to play. The fans, It's felt like college. It felt like a big college city where this is the people on game day, leading up to the games. It's a big deal in Chicago. It's beautiful. We loved it, like we were really getting roots there, so torn right like, and part of it is just your pride where it's like no, like I'm gonna make it work here because you say I can't make it work here.
Speaker 13: Like it almost just had a spikee.
Speaker 3: So fast forward, Gronk falls out of the first round. They call the trade off. So they call me back in and they're like, trades off, we are not entertaining any more trades. We're going to make it work with you this year. So this is going into my fourth year. We have a good season, we make the NFC Championship. I had my my my production was down as a product of the system, but I played a lot, I was involved in the game, had had a great playoffs, had one hundred and something yards in the playoffs, Like, had a good year. I'm like, all right, that's all behind me. I'm entering my fifth year. I'm going to get a new contract. Like, I'm going to be here. I've showed that I can play in any system, a system that highlights the tight ends or not, and I'm going to make it work. And it was the lockout year of twenty eleven, so we had no off season. That lockout was lifted.
Speaker 1: And did they had the option because you were a first round Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: This was this was old.
Speaker 11: This was old.
Speaker 13: He just had a four I had a five year contracts okay.
Speaker 1: In days there was no ope, and you were going to try to get an extension going in here for this.
Speaker 3: So I was entering this was this was old CBA first round picks. The top kids made a bazillion dollars. Oh yeah, this was before twenty eleven's new Bradford those guys. This was this was do'n old.
Speaker 13: This was this was old CBA.
Speaker 3: So we have no off season, no mini camp, no, then the CBA gets agreed to call it July end of July and we have to report to trading camp.
Speaker 13: So I report to training camp, we do.
Speaker 3: A physical, and I'm at a movie with Brian or Lacker and we're sitting in a movie and my phone rings and it's my agent and I don't answer it. I'm like, hey, I'm with some of the guys hanging out, Like, i'll call you later. He's like, no, you need to call me. I just talked to Jerry Angelo. So I step out, make a long story short Horrible Bosses. I'll never forget it. I never saw Horrible Bosses too. We just said Brian was just in town last week. He came on the Bust the best.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he was awesome.
Speaker 13: You talk about a good teammate.
Speaker 3: That dude is a stud. Everybody says that his teammate. I have a good Brian stories. But anyway, to finish this really long story, they call and they're like, we're not going to give him an extension. So if you guys want to trade, like, we're willing to trade them, but we're not going to give them away. So we'll see if we can figure it out. So that was like eleven o'clock and the next morning, Lovey Smith calls me. We have breakfast together. He's like, why don't you stay out a team meetings? So we're starting camp like team meeting in the morning, offense defense, special teams, weight room like camps starting and you're like, why don't you just like hang in the dorm go work out, Like, why don't you just and we'll see if we can figure this out.
Speaker 13: And that noon, that afternoon, your age just.
Speaker 1: Sitting here working the yahs, figuring yep.
Speaker 3: And then noon you know, so twelve hours later, sitting in my dorm in this like little school that we did training camp at in Illinois and found out I got traded to Carolina.
Speaker 13: And that's how it went down.
Speaker 3: And I packed my bag up, I drove home, packed a suitcase, went to bed, woke up the next morning, flew out, and never ever went back to my house. My wife flew in, She went back, packed up the house, drove put it on the market, sold it.
Speaker 13: We never stepped footing it again.
Speaker 1: Were you fired up about Carolina? I was one of those things where you're nervous, kind of pissed off about the bears, Like I was back, and you think this is that was one of the best.
Speaker 13: Ye looking back, it's the best thing that ever happened.
Speaker 11: To me.
Speaker 3: My career took off in Carolina for a lot of reasons, but at the time, I mean, think about it. You're going from Chicago, which is the only team you knew, huge market, You're just getting your footing. You just played in an NFC Championship, we lost by five.
Speaker 13: To the Packers, who won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And when you're a good player, you're like, I'm going to be a cornerstone of this.
Speaker 3: Team, and you're like, I want to be one of the guys they build around. We had traded for Cutler of the year before. We always had a good rapport. Like I thought we were onto something. You just had a great year, you know, obviously playing for the NFC Championship, and you know we came up short, but we were building. And now I was going to the team that was the worst team in the league. You know, we had just drafted cam we had just hired Ron Rivera, and there was no off season. Those guys never did a thing because of the lockout. So the first time they ever practiced was day one a training camp, which was the day I rolled in. Like we all got there at the same time and we're like, we got to put this thing together and go try to be competitive with a rookie quarterback, a rookie head coach, a bunch of new pieces. We were fortunate we had a lot of really good players that were on the team from the year before, and we made it work. And the year after year we built it and looking back, it was the best experience, like to be a part of building that and ending, you know, going to the super Bowl and having that year. But it was going there.
Speaker 13: I was like, I was like, fuck, like, yeah, are we gonna be any good?
Speaker 3: You know, you leave one of the best teams in the league, biggest market, huge city to go to Carolina.
Speaker 13: I didn't know where Charlotte was, right, And now I live there.
Speaker 1: I know, dude, And now it's like you spend you spend nine years there and you're right, like you got to be a part of like building something. Yeah, you guys had a core group of guys. Yeah, what was it like like playing with Cam Newton being coached by Roma Vera Because he's in Washington now, which is where I played for five years, So everybody seems really excited about him and talks about how good of.
Speaker 11: A leader he is.
Speaker 3: He's a great leader. The best thing we had in Carolina. Why it worked so they he inherited a lot of really good pieces. Ryan Khalil, Jonathan Stewart, D'Angelo Williams, Jordan Gross, Steve.
Speaker 13: Smith, Steve Smith.
Speaker 3: They even though they had had a bad year in twenty ten, they had a lot of really good players, so that was an advantage. So we got the number one overall pick. We take Cam, but he came into a locker room where there was a lot of really good players. John Beeson at the time, who was the best linebacker in the league. He was a teammate of mine in college and buddy of mine. So there was a lot of really good pieces to begin with, the good leaders, strong veterans, and then the rest of us kind of came in and pieced it together.
Speaker 13: But the best thing that we had, the reason we had that five.
Speaker 3: To six year run of playoffs, super Bowls, playoff wins, like winning the division. Our best players were like our studs, and they were the first guy in line. They were the hardest workers, They were the best guys in the locker room. Thomas Davis like, we were very lucky in that regard. And Ron had been having good awareness he knew that the locker room was taken care of by these stars. Luke, Keakley, Cam Thomas, Ryan Kleil, I can sue. I mean, you go on and on and name all these but all these really good players set the tone for everybody. So if you came into our locker room, you were not as good as any of those players. So you were below them on the totem pole. You had no choice but to work as hard as them, or else you were gonna be You're gonna be gone. There was no ability to survive if you weren't willing to keep up with the best players because they were.
Speaker 13: At the top of the list.
Speaker 3: That culture really allowed us to deal with adversity, deal with setbacks, deal with injury, deal because it never ruined us.
Speaker 13: Like it was just a really unique group of guys.
Speaker 3: That played better collectively than we maybe were individually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how what was it like playing with because that's like he's the all time, Yeah, he's he's the best.
Speaker 13: He's the best.
Speaker 3: People ask me all the time, Brian or Lacker, Louke Keighley.
Speaker 1: I when I joined I played with two of the best, And yeah, I mean, obviously college is different, but you've you've seen Beson.
Speaker 3: F Beson, I mean, I've played with I've been very fortunate. I've played with some of the best middle linebackers ever. Brian first ballot Hall of Famer obviously resume Luke. I didn't play with Brian when he was super young. When I got there, he was in your like seven or eight. I mean he was coming off he was defense. I mean he was Brian was as I don't know if I ever had seen anyone up until that point as good as him. He was six', four he was two hundred and fifty, pounds he was long.
Speaker 11: Run he was.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable luke was equally as, Incredible like just you couldn't practice against him because he'd ruined. Practice he knew every play that we were going to. Run what Made luke different was he wasn't like you're, like you, know we all joke like the white guy on the on the scouting. Report everyone says the same things about. Him he gives great, Effort eddy smart. Lines everybody up plays, hard second, effort not the most. Town it's the, same whether it's a D, n a linebacker or see every guy that's like the running, joke right during the scouting. Intro the thing About luke was he was all of those, things but he ran for four and he was he had.
Speaker 11: Tangibles he was like he could jump.
Speaker 3: Out he was the most physically gifted guy on the field at any given, time and he knew every play you were going to run and he so he was just the ultimate combination where you had no chance against. Him he was that. Good and he was like that in, practice like he'd ruin our. Practices they would if we wanted to run like a, reverse say we were going to run like a trick, play they would Run shula Or. Chud dolphins coordinator would go To ron and be, like, hey we're going to run it on play six of the.
Speaker 13: Script can you not Have luke in because.
Speaker 3: You he would be in the. Back he would just run through the middle and he would tag off the guy in the backfield before you got the playoff and we couldn't get the rep at. It so like they would put in like the back of guy just so we could get like a real look because he'd ruin.
Speaker 1: It Damn Aj, klein, no, no no, disrespect Sam.
Speaker 3: Aj if you're watching, this you were the Sam it wasn't, you, Buddy but, no Like luke was just he's just he's just.
Speaker 13: DIFFERENT i, mean in my mind he's the first Ballot hall Of. FAMER i DON'T i.
Speaker 1: Wish all that stuff because who knows how long he would have. Played who knows if he had the desire to play, it. Whatever but you could tell his game was changing over time because what was that little collar thing he went? On what did? That what did that? Measure like?
Speaker 3: Collar it was like something that he felt really strongly on that that gave him some protection and he still believes strongly in it to this. Day that allowed him to play as long as he. DID i just hope that they don't Hold luke's. LONGEVY i think he would played nine. Years in my, mind he's on the mount rushmore of the best to ever.
Speaker 13: And in my mind it's a no.
Speaker 3: Brainer will the voters hold that against him because of his you, know long, JEY i don't.
Speaker 13: KNOW i hope. Not but the guy is an absolute.
Speaker 1: Stud, yeah because it's kind of similar with Like Patrick willis feeling played like nine years and he kind of abruptly retired because he's like my feet hurt basically because we were talking With brian about it last, week.
Speaker 11: About Zach thomas and why he's not in, it and he's, like you got all.
Speaker 1: These all these writers who they're the only ones to the.
Speaker 11: Vote and he's talking about maybe you do.
Speaker 1: Fifty fifty percent, players fifty percent, riders or fifty percent guys who were in The Pro.
Speaker 11: Bowl but, yeah, Man luke was like he's the.
Speaker 1: Standard like in my, HEAD i wanted to be called Poor Man's Luke.
Speaker 11: Keigley, no you know WHAT i, Mean like that's. It, yeah like that's compliment to Be he was the.
Speaker 1: SET i remember that game he had like twenty something tackles in one of his one of his first.
Speaker 3: Years and then after the, game he's going to clean up the water. Cooler, yeah like he's going to clean up the locker room and throw the trash out like.
Speaker 1: M clard cambro put on his.
Speaker 11: Glasses he put on.
Speaker 3: His, glasses he walk out in his collar. Shirt he'd clean up the, garbage he'd put this stuff away and he'd ask you if you want to, go you want to come, over and like he would he he's just a SPECIAL i don't know how because it is it.
Speaker 1: True that he had no TVs and, stuff and his uh is, True like, no he hasn't plays.
Speaker 11: Into the no.
Speaker 3: No when he was a young kid living in his apartment and. Stuff, yeah he had very, little bare. Bones.
Speaker 4: Minimal he's just a.
Speaker 3: Minimal he's just it's just his.
Speaker 13: Personality he's not a flair.
Speaker 3: Guy he doesn't need for a, lot he doesn't look for a, lot he doesn't need a lot of, attention he doesn't need a lot of. Accolade, like he's just not his. Style he's just a humble.
Speaker 1: Just he.
Speaker 3: Is people throw around like he's a normal guy a, lot like if anyone's a normal, guy it's.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah Thomas davis sees somebody WHO i ONLY i would only know throughout like THE nfl p a h but all of a sudden a stable one time and he was he like chicken fingers and ketchup or burger and talk about how he's just a shitty his entire career and played.
Speaker 11: As long as he. Did were you in the same cloth or were you somebody who took care of?
Speaker 3: Yourself So thomas is another guy that was just an absolute. Freak we used to joke like his head was three times and he ran he was, Faster like he was faster when he was in his twelve year than he was when he was in his second. Year like he was an abs of stud when him and him and we had Him beason and And luke on the same team one. Time you, know it was for a short time period of, time but then Obviously luke And thomas were together for nine, years maybe eight, years whatever it.
Speaker 13: Was, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thomas thomas was just one of those guys that you'd, like he'd piss you off because he'd eat chicken fingers And french fries and you're like starving yourself and testing your blood and having chefs make you.
Speaker 13: Stuff and Then thomas.
Speaker 3: Would come to practice and he'd be the fastest guy in the, field and he'd his head was made of. Concrete and at the end of, practice you're, like, Hey, thomas how are. You, Yeah i'm. Good, No i'm. Good, Yeah, No i'm not that. Tired i'm. Fine you, know it's just some guys are just built. Different, no that was never. ME i was never that. Guy FROM i learned very quickly in. College this was probably the turning point of my. CAREER i learned very quickly in college WHEN i looked around the locker, room AND i went to summer workouts and wasrunning next to guys and in the weight room lifting next to, guys AND i took inventory of what everyone else was able to do THAT i wasn't able to. DO i realized very quickly IF i didn't do things they weren't, DOING i wasn't going to. SURVIVE i JUST i wasn't physically gifted like they. Were to keep, up LIKE i had to go the extra. MILE i had to do more than they were willing to, do and that was the only WAY i could close the gap and be in that, echelon like upper echelon of.
Speaker 13: Guys so the WAY i could.
Speaker 3: Have played in the league and like, survived BUT i never would have like played and like and like had production and been able to be consistent and. Whatnot SO i had, to like, train and the WAY i, trained and the WAY i ate and supplements and blood testing and, like do everything humanly possible to close that gap on these especially the young kids that would come in every year and just be better than the crop that were the app last. YEAR i learned that very early in my, career And i'm thankful for it BECAUSE i was exposed to so many kids that were just better athletes than.
Speaker 1: Me, Right, oh, WELL i think it's a testament. TOO i, mean you play a fourteen year, career it kind of shows that kind of. Discipline, yeah when you get done with your time In carolina and get did you get released or it was just your?
Speaker 11: Contract?
Speaker 3: No they, no they cut?
Speaker 1: Me and then you play another year In. Seattle, yep what made you want to do? That you play thirteen, years you play nine, Years you have all your success With? Carolina were you? Hoping were you disappointed when they released?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 3: Yeah so so my for my first ten years in the, LEAGUE i was very, Healthy LIKE i played every, DOWN i played every. GAME i didn't miss a game for ten. Years and then in my eleventh, SEASON i broke my. Foot in my twelfth, SEASON i broke it. Again SO i played portions of both those. Seasons year, eleven year, Twelve so this was twenty, seventeen twenty. Eighteen so, LIKE i was never the hurt, guy and now all of a, Sudden i'm the hurt. Guy and it was the same, foot same. Bone did you have a pin put? IN i had a pin put. In it cracked it broke again on. Me it was just a long two. Years so then twenty, NINETEEN i played the entire season AND i was. FINE i probably had sixty catches fifty like it was a good. Year like it wasn't when my years were, prior but it was solid six hundred and something yards. LIKE i could still, play, played was, healthy had no. Issues so we struggled as a. Team that's the Year ron got fired and going into the off, Season cam missed the entire.
Speaker 13: Season he was, injured so in the off season there was a lot of.
Speaker 3: Speculation they, eventually of course let go Of, cam so they let go of, me they let go Of, cam they hired a new, coach so there was a lot of organizational.
Speaker 13: Shift SO i wasn't.
Speaker 3: SURPRISED i had a good feeling when the season ended that that was the end of the road for me In. CAROLINA i was actually down at The Super bowl working doing SOME tv stuff down In miami and THE gm called me and he's, like, hey you. AROUND i was like, yeah and he was. Great Marty herney treated me and the guys really. Well he's In washington right now and he's, like, HEY i just. Landed i'd love to meet and just, talk so LIKE i knew what was. COMING i was grateful that he flew. Down he did it face to. Face we ended on very good. TERMS i had no. Animosity it was just time to move, on you. Know so then the big conversation was AM i done? Playing like DO i have anything left in the? Tank AND i knew in my heart THAT i could still play LIKE i was, Healthy my feet were finally good for the first time in a long, time AND i, knew LIKE i didn't want to look back and have any. Regrets BUT i also wasn't going to go play for no money and go play on a shit team and just be like the good old guy in the locker.
Speaker 4: Room LIKE i was very.
Speaker 3: CLEAR i was, like If i'm coming to play and you want me to, Come i'm coming to, play and.
Speaker 11: You had the desire To, yeah that was one, Too like, ye your body felt.
Speaker 13: Good, YEAH i KNEW i could. PLAY i always enjoyed the off. SEASON i loved.
Speaker 3: TRAINING i love that like daily grind of working, Out and that's WHY i don't do it anymore Because i'm like over. It but WHEN i was in, it LIKE i, WAS i could do it every, day WHETHER i wanted to or. NOT i could be very. DISCIPLINED i didn't always like, it BUT I i could do it and never, waiver never miss a Day like that kept me going AND i KNEW i still had it to do. That SO i was LIKE i told my, AGE i was, like let's see what interest is out?
Speaker 13: There like what teams are they any?
Speaker 3: Good were they going to pay? Me, Like i'm not just gonna go be a charity case, Right Like i'm not just gonna go take a roster spot just to be the guy giving advice in the locker.
Speaker 13: Room LIKE i didn't want to be that.
Speaker 3: Guy, no it's a good.
Speaker 4: Game but that wasn't for.
Speaker 13: ME i didn't want to do.
Speaker 1: That that just.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that wasn't for. ME i had some opportunities with SOME tv stuff THAT i could have gone in and taken a role. There sure that's WHAT i was. Asking, YEAH i an offer on the table AND i signed actually before, that which was my eventual deal With. Fox we actually signed that BEFORE i ended up playing that year In, seattle KNOWING i was going to play a year and then transition in SO i could have gone into it right. Away little DID i, KNOW i signed In february And MARCH covid, happened so it was twenty. Twenty so we had all these big. Dreams so it came down To buffalo And. Seattle AND i actually was With Josh allen today AND i was, like, DUDE i think sometimes like what could have?
Speaker 11: Been?
Speaker 3: Right like whood Have they became the best. Offense and all my old coaches were, There dorsey like my Original titan coach that got fired In. Chicago hu's the titand coach McDermott was my, coordinator THE. Gm there was our ASSISTANT, gm being like all my guys were In. Buffalo but there was something about going out and playing With. Russ AND i had always played Against seattle for. Years we were always in the playoffs against, Them we had battles against, them AND i always had a ton of respect for their team and their culture and their ability to win consistently And russ and all. That, yeah so we looked at it as a little bit of an.
Speaker 13: Adventure you.
Speaker 3: KNOW i was going to our whole family was going to move To. Seattle we were going to live in a condo and our kids were going to live in a new, city and we were gonna go they were going to go to school, there AND i was going to play in that crazy stadium like it was going to be a whole. Thing and Then march of twenty twenty the world. Shutdown so where were you In march twenty. TWENTY i was living In charlotte training so instead of moving there for, OTAs we have no off, season we have no mini camp we have SO i don't do a thing With seattle Until. July at that, point you didn't even know if training camp was gonna you, know if training camp was gonna. Happen and then when you do get to training, camp you're sitting around in a, mass you're. Tracing you can't have you can't sit in the, cafeteria you can't sit in the locker. Room your family doesn't come to the. Game there's no crowd in the. Stadius you're playing In. Seattle for anyone who's played a game In, seattle.
Speaker 11: Oh it's.
Speaker 1: Incredible it's the most crazy experience.
Speaker 3: Ever And i'm, like, Man i'm gonna finally be on the other side of it where they're not booing my.
Speaker 13: Ass there wasn't a soul in.
Speaker 3: The, stadium so like everything that to me made the game, fun hanging out with the, guys the, camaraderie the locker. Room we weren't allowed to meet each other outside the. Building you weren't allowed to go to team, dinners you weren't allowed to go to.
Speaker 1: Lunch trazy when.
Speaker 3: You got when you went on the, road when you got to the, state when you got to the hotel on the. ROAD i feel the wedding Was saturday night in your buddies and going out to dinner and just like taking a break before team meeting and just going out and have a great steak dinner or whatever you.
Speaker 13: Went we weren't allowed to leave the.
Speaker 1: Home it's, crazy like say we were, teammates like when we got done with practice and everything, else you couldn't give me.
Speaker 11: A right home in a.
Speaker 1: Car, Again, yeah you're not allowed to be around any teammate or if you got, call you just you.
Speaker 3: Just FELT i felt very, disconnected which was never My that was never my. Deal LIKE i always loved all of, it like being with the guys and bullshitting and busting balls and that was always the fun, part and then the football was just the easy. Part you had none of. It so now you're the new. Guy you're the old. Guy you're used to doing things your, way and you go into a system that's very particular about doing things The seattle. Way and it just wasn't a Good it wasn't a good. Match it was just it was. Tough AND i don't know if anybody WHEN i signed, there no one imagined what twenty twenty would look. Like no one could predict. It so just all things, considered it wasn't the ending THAT i was hoping, for and that's the way it. Goes BUT i knew halfway through that year my other foot ruptured AND i was dealing with, that AND i was, Like i'm, Done LIKE i can't do it. Anymore i'm. Done i'm GLAD i did this BECAUSE i would have had, Regrets like at LEAST i was, Like i'm, done i can't do it. Anymore i'm, Physically i'm mentally Like i'm done And i'm ready to move on with my. Life SO i flew home From. Seattle we lost in the playoffs that, year AND i. KNEW i was, like There's i'm. Done i'm moving.
Speaker 1: On so what's it like on the other, Side, man, Busy i'll tell.
Speaker 3: You man the WAY i imagined retirement was LIKE i took up, tennis play.
Speaker 1: TENNIS i played a couple of, games SO i started.
Speaker 3: Taking like lessons like we belong at a club like lessons and like someone teaching me to actually. Play and Again i'm not. GOOD i don't play matches or. Anything but LIKE i, was LIKE i envisioned my day like wake, up take the kids to, school go to the, club sit in the, steam maybe play tennis with the, guys go to, lunch come, home.
Speaker 4: Chill like that to me was.
Speaker 3: Retirement that is so far from my. Retirement i'm like more busy now Than i've ever been a.
Speaker 13: Worker i'm a.
Speaker 3: Worker and now you're saying yes to all the things you always said no. To you're trying to like make up for lost. Time it was easy to say no WHEN i was, PLAYING i, Can't i'm in the middle of. Season NO i, Can't i'm. Training, No i'm. Kidding but now you're, like, Yeah i'll try.
Speaker 1: THAT i haven't done that.
Speaker 3: Before Yeah i'll try, it and that and you and then instead of being able to go play golf in the afternoon on A, friday you find, yourself like you, know spending time on other.
Speaker 13: Ship you're, like what AM i doing with my?
Speaker 1: Life you've got a couple things and big things going, on like you signed With fox, yep and you're also building what is it called audio rama audi rama With Vince vaughan, yep which is what the? Fuck how how you pull that? Off?
Speaker 3: Like so that's so, good that's actually a Fun Vince.
Speaker 1: Vaughn, yeah so.
Speaker 3: Yeah so OBVIOUSLY i got this stuff With, fox And i'll be able to call you, know their number one game this. Year their a, crew you. Know and then obviously There's brady, element which is when he comes, in he's technically THE a guy in the. Future it's just a matter of when he. Retires, yeah it's a lot of. MONEY i did not get that much. Money if you're wondering if that's the big announcement, here that's the big. CLICKBAIT i did not make three hundred and thirty seven million if that doesn't surprise you.
Speaker 13: Guys but it's.
Speaker 3: COOL i mean to Call Super, bowl call the playoff games this, year this you, know the you, know, football the prime game in the, afternoon what they call.
Speaker 13: It america's the Super. Bowl, yeah, yeah out boys.
Speaker 1: Crash, Yeah so that's gonna be a cor.
Speaker 3: Opportunity i'll do that With Kevin, burkhart who was my partner last, Year so we'll call that. Crew so that that obviously takes up some, time especially during the, season but it's a blast calling the games and being around is really.
Speaker 13: Cool but then the Audio urama thing what started is SO i had.
Speaker 3: This idea for a podcast THAT i actually started under that umbrella Called You. Think and so my dad was my football, coach my high school football. COACH i grew up around it all. BOYS i had two, brothers so like youth sports and, sports that's all we. Did we Didn't we weren't very well. Rounded we went to school and we played. SPORTS i couldn't make a. CAMPFIRE i don't know how to tie a tie a hook on a fishing, pole like you've never been, hunting like we just we just never did that. Stuff AND i wish SOMETIMES i learned, it But i'm very, grateful like that was our. Upbringing we were in, sports we were on, teams and that's what we didts. It summer vacation was going with my dad's high school team to sleep away camp and sleeping on the floor as a sixth grader with high school kids and the next morning getting up and trying to.
Speaker 13: Keep up at, practice like that was our.
Speaker 3: Life so fast. FORWARD i was, like you know, what Now i'm a dad AND i got three young kids that are now entering into sports at various, levels AND i don't like the amount of decisions that these kids have to. Make now what team to play, for how many sports to, play what school to go? To do you play?
Speaker 13: Travel do you play Rec it's.
Speaker 3: Wild it is not what we grew up, doing where you just played with your buddies and your town.
Speaker 1: And and if you got lucky, enough they built a traveling, team enjoy.
Speaker 3: Whatever but when football season, ended you rolled into, basketball and then the last day of basketball you rolled into baseball or track or whatever you did in the, spring and there was no.
Speaker 13: Decisions you just did what everyone else. Did that's not the case.
Speaker 3: Anymore SO i was, like there's a show here where like we explore all these elements of youth, sports the big business of, it the, conflict the, negative the, positive and, like let's talk to, professionals let's talk to parents and coaches who can better educate all of. Us and like HERE i am as someone whose whole life has been, sports AND i struggled doing it with my own.
Speaker 13: Kids So i'm damn sure these other people don't know what they're.
Speaker 3: Doing so we Started You. Think SO i was having dinner With vince and my Buddy Ryan, khalil who's our other partner in, this and they live out IN La and at the, time we were shopping it around to some other podcast, platforms AND i was, like let me pitch you guys on this. Idea SO i, did and they call me like the day, Later they're, like, dude let's just do it, Ourselves like why would we give this concept to another, Platform, like let's just build our own kind of framework around. It, so Through vince And ryan and their connections in that, space we had a private equity group that joined, us and we built a really cool. Team it's Called Audio. Rama the only show we have right now is my Show You, think but we're in the process of scaling it out and building other really, cool interesting content that we're going to house on.
Speaker 13: It so that takes up a lot of.
Speaker 3: Time as you well, know these shows don't just, oh you do. Themselves and we're a small, startup like we're doing it all like on our own and we're growing and building each. Week so it's that's been. Fun we've had some cool, conversations but but, again it's.
Speaker 13: Time it takes time to do, shit and you, know especially.
Speaker 1: When you're wanting to hit it, on like you guys want to have the ownership in and nobody's gonna sit there and build the.
Speaker 11: Infrastrut, no you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Yourself you guys sitting around is bringing in shout Out Mikey, foller by the, Way Mikey, fowler and, yeah we got people scaling.
Speaker 3: It with an interesting conversation With. Dave, yeah so that's WHAT i was, Thinking, like you And day.
Speaker 1: Have been close for a long, time and you, know you were on The dave point on our, show and you guys have obviously had a close relationship for a. While but why when you want to get in the podcast base do you not approach a guy Like.
Speaker 13: Dave so that's a good.
Speaker 3: Question SO i, actually through this entire time of building, out you Think dave was one of the guys THAT i talked to the. Most we've had conversations about doing a show. Together we've had conversations about doing a show on The barstool, Platform i'd say for like five.
Speaker 13: Years me and him had some talks years.
Speaker 3: BACK i was still playing about doing a show, together like AN nfl, show and then it was, Scheduling LIKE i live In charlotte at the. Time he was still In boston before he went To, florida you, know and you, know we're just talking through the logistics of. It we actually kicked up the idea of doing it, recently but With fox and MY, tv it's just there's a lot of moving parts that go into. It But dave was someone THAT i was in constant communication with and like really bounced a lot of ideas off of. Him he gave me a lot of really good insight, into you, know what it's like running a podcast and what it's like making content every. Week so like he was a really good. Resource obviously he's done it a lot longer THAN i, have And i've Known dave for god ten fifteen. Years.
Speaker 13: Yea you, know When.
Speaker 3: Barstool was Just Barstool, boston there was No, chicago there was, nothing and so he's always Been he's always been great to me and we've always had a good. Relationship but fast, forward WHEN i WHEN i pitched, HIM i don't know how this you think thing would have mash, LIKE i don't know if it's necessarily the show For barstool or. Whatnot but we talked about like we're going to own it and build, it which he was, like, dude that's the great. Idea theou The Mikey fowler thing was really. Interesting so we had this this like consultant guy who was helping us build out the platform and was very connected and actually spent some time At barstool years. Ago and we interviewed a woman who was going to run as like our general, manager like our ops, guy like our ops, person and we interviewed her and we were close to signing, her closer her signing on and then she had something happened personally that she decided not to take the. Job so the guy who was working with us Called mikey and was, like, Hey, mike gave me gim little background of what we were. Building do you know, Anybody and from that, conversation one thing led to, another and so now we get ready to. Join we have no idea any of this is. Happening so we have a board call and the guy that's working with us is, like, hey, guys here's the update on who we're. Hiring i'm, like, Great he's, like his Name's Mikey. Fowler at the, TIME i didn't know what. THAT i didn't know who that. Was and he's, like he's. Coming he's coming From Barstool, sports AND i.
Speaker 4: Was, like.
Speaker 3: FUCK i got a callport And i'm, LIKE i just had talked To dave two days, ago like two days before, this AND i hadn't AND i didn't mention him BECAUSE i had no idea any of this was. Happening so THAT i Hung SO i get off that call And i'm, LIKE i, said, hey, MAN i want to chat with you for a. Minute SO i called him AND i was, like, hey in just the sake of being, transparent i just found this out thirty minutes. Ago i'm just letting you. Know like there's conversations being. Hat he was awesome about. It he's like, Great he's like for him to come in and Have he's, like we can't offer him that at barstool and. Whatnot So dave was cool about, it BUT i was, LIKE i didn't want him to think THAT i was like poaching his.
Speaker 1: People the moment there was there was like.
Speaker 3: You, Know portinoy being being An a'm being an, asshole but like professionally, businessman like he knew it was the right move For. Mikey he like he, knew like it was all, good like we AND i just my biggest thing was LIKE i just wanted him to like full transparency BECAUSE i was, LIKE i would wish you would do the same thing to. Me like if you ever got somebody That i've worked closely with AND i found out you poached him and me and you have talked and you don't even mention, it Like i'd Be i'd be, like come, on. Man so like, THAT i, Said i'm just doing this out of courtesy because you've always been good to, me and LIKE i would hope that you would treat me the same way if the roles were reversed and it's been, Great do.
Speaker 1: You enjoy it as much as you thought you? Would, like what are the are some of the hurdles that you've learned about? Building kind of LIKE i assume you guys want to build an empire with.
Speaker 3: It, yeah we're trying. To you, know the biggest struggle that we have right now is there's no, scale Right it's just my. Show so every listener has to be curated organically through, me through.
Speaker 13: Like we don't have social, channels we don't have other.
Speaker 3: Shows like IF i came On barschool AND i started my new, Show i'd be sitting here on bussing and hopefully steal some of your. People they'd also listen to my, show and we'd like cross, plony, right like you get shows From dave And DAVE topmt and you know, whatever you guys all support each. Other we're not there, yet, Right so every listener we have only listens to my show and that's. It so the idea, is as we ramp up and we can, scale we can scale, ops we can scale, production we can scale sales and all that, stuff but we can also scale audience and we can bring on other either existing pieces of content that come within a base of. Audience, okay that's all new potential listeners for you think and you think listeners now are potential new listeners for SHOW, x and now if we can scale that and go from one to four to ten to it just raised you, know it raises the the overall audience that we don't have right, now just because we are a single show.
Speaker 1: You've been car washing around on other shows we.
Speaker 3: Do we're we don't do. Everything we get a ton of like requests from everything from like mom And dad blogs to bust INTO pmt to, whatever like big shows to little so we were. SELECTIVE i don't have the, time nor DO i want to go and just be on every single person's podcast for an hour and just spend my whole day sitting in a. Studio so there's a balance between growing your audience and getting word out. There but Also i'm not committing full time to Like i'm not going to spend six hours a day doing.
Speaker 13: This i'm just not going to do.
Speaker 3: It, yeah so there's a little bit of a.
Speaker 1: Balance, yeah BECAUSE i remember on the day Of Porn noise shoot that was that was when our twenty twenty one beef. Happened, well you're, like you can't do a podcast and also be a decent pool. PLAYER i took that this feel, like oh he remembers our twenty fifteen he's taking another job at, me, RIGHT i.
Speaker 3: Was not directed at. Yet, no that was that was AN i have got to do a better. JOB i needed to study you. More OR i did not MEAN i had THE.
Speaker 11: Mj you know WHAT i.
Speaker 1: MEAN i had to create.
Speaker 3: Something WHAT i was, doing, though IS i was subliminally fueling you to just continue to push your career.
Speaker 11: Forward they had trust, Me you motivated.
Speaker 3: Me it's my, shoulder and everybody's got a role in, life, man and sometimes you got to play the bad.
Speaker 1: And he would wood blew up to me. Though it is the fact That dave's, like there is NO i don't think there is a.
Speaker 3: God the best part is THAT i hadn't.
Speaker 1: EXGED i didn't really know.
Speaker 3: You he was your in, essence.
Speaker 13: BOSS i guess you See eddie in the.
Speaker 1: Background he kind of just like last one's Disc.
Speaker 3: Eddy why do you say he?
Speaker 11: GOES i thought he.
Speaker 1: GOES i was thinking the same thing he said in there, talking SO i didn't say.
Speaker 3: Nothing david is one of the.
Speaker 13: Kind he is one of the.
Speaker 3: Kind do you follow up injury shows at all the?
Speaker 1: COMEDIANS i, Don't, oh, BRO i just Saw dave went on his. Show it's a it's an incredible. Show he's a funny. Comedian But dave is just all over. MAN i don't know how he does.
Speaker 3: IT i respect.
Speaker 1: IT i wonder how much longer he has to do all the things he's.
Speaker 3: Doing you, know people have always asked, me you KNOW i was ON i WISH i was on one of Your barstool shows not long, ago and you know they always asked, That. Dave and how Long i've known The barstool. GUYS i, MEAN i Knew Big cat When Big cat was just. Hired we were living In chicago and they expanded To Barstool chicago and they Hired Big. Cats so they played in our kickball tournament probably in like two thousand and eight.
Speaker 13: NINE i, Mean i'm talking a long time.
Speaker 3: Ago and the Thing i've always respected about The barstool, guys And i've been upfront With dave about this. Too it's LIKE i haven't always agreed with everything they've put, out every position they've, taken Everything dave, said done other.
Speaker 13: People.
Speaker 3: Like the one Thing i've always respected is The barstool brand is true to what it. Is it's true to. Themselves they don't in today's world to be true to what you are and not try to test the waters and test where the wind is blowing and then try to make. DECISIONS i don't always agree with, it a lot of people don't agree with, it BUT i think that like authenticity go to a bad is why people even if they don't aren't fans Of, barstool they were respect what's been built because it's a brand that's been built true to themselves and what they, are and a lot of times it gets themselves in, trouble and a lot of time he gets. Himself but he says what he, means he means what he. Says he's not worried about. Pushback he's not worried about judging where the wind. Blows and is this gonna get me in? Trouble is this going to make me lose? Sales and AM i gonna lose? Sponsors GET i respect, IT i get. IT i don't always agree with him what he. SAYS i think a lot of what you, Know i've said that to, him BUT i respect their. Authenticity it's a nice break in this reality of our world to just have people that are what they, are.
Speaker 1: Especially when you're going through the internet, too like you can kind of shy, away like once you get corrected or, whatever it's hard to shy away and start to give, Manipulated, yeah to become something that you're way far away from that you first started doing and to be like prolific through all of that and take shots as you, go you, know, correct be, unapologetic whatever all those words. Are but, yeah like, barsels they stay true to let me.
Speaker 3: Stay and people don't like them and that's. Okay you don't have to like. Them it's not for.
Speaker 1: Everybody and the thing is too people can say they don't Like, barsool but they can be, like, oh BUT i like spinning chick. Licks OH i Like bust with the, boys and that's what's cool About BUT i don't Like. BARSOOL i mean. Shows you don't have to like it.
Speaker 3: All there's so much in that universe that you can pick and. Choose i'll cart what you agree, with what you align, with what you, Like and that's why they have such a diverse offering of content and, personalities different ends of the spectrum that there's something for.
Speaker 13: Everyone And i've always respected that about.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 1: Yeah, WELL i don't even know what time it.
Speaker 11: Is, yeah we we just a lot of your yucking it.
Speaker 4: Up, man we're chilling just.
Speaker 1: Hand, WELL i think YOU'RE i APPRECIATE i appreciate.
Speaker 3: You. Man you're a worst, Tailor.
Speaker 1: You're a good.
Speaker 11: Storyteller tailor's In canada for a.
Speaker 13: Month, goy someone's got to carry.
Speaker 1: Those Oh i'm telling you, Man, well, hey here's the.
Speaker 13: Deal next time we do, it it's on the, bus.
Speaker 11: On the, bus on the, bus the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing and you do like you build your uh you building your podcast and everything.
Speaker 11: ELSE i know it.
Speaker 1: Sucks it could Be tomas. Swimming but if you can get on other people's, shows yea, yeah like that's usually that's Like i'm gonna get all of your. Listeners so next THING i expect to spike on the. Show subscribe to youth ink and you can use you and you can follow me On, Twitter, instagram post a lot of your stuff or where does a lot of yours on? YouTube?
Speaker 3: YouTube i mean you can get On, iTunes, spotify all that like normal pod. Stuff but then a lot of our like video, content Social, Instagram, twitter TikTok.
Speaker 13: YouTube you know all of it is you, think you, Think, okay where do you keep the?
Speaker 1: Bus we are about what ten minutes from?
Speaker 3: Here we are over at, studio like in a warehouse or you just say in a.
Speaker 1: Warehouse it's basically in A where does the bus travel like it? No yeah toes we tod.
Speaker 13: It's not only going to offer.
Speaker 3: IT i wasn't sure the. Inside i've never.
Speaker 1: WENT i was showing last year and was waiting on a. Call we just move went off on a whim and took the bus To nebraska and The university Of tennessee just to see like what we would what we would do in tailgates there and do a show, there and it was it was.
Speaker 11: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Man so it's not operable. Yet everyone to day or we just buy another bus because the problem is there's so many absolute.
Speaker 11: Parts it would cost.
Speaker 1: Like just got a new.
Speaker 13: Bus you guys have a lot of. Money she's got a new.
Speaker 3: BUS i did.
Speaker 1: IT i did.
Speaker 3: IT i did a show The Super bowl. Year we were in The Super bowl With Big cat And. Dave when they used to do like when you'd sit on the, couch they used to call it something not the, rundown whatever it was it. Was it wasn't P. Mt there was No there was no P t at the. Time it was Just Big cat And dave and whatever it was they were. Driving Big cat was driving around like a big R v in, essence and then they would just Remember i'm talking about and like we would sit and they had their shirts off and like we would sit on like These i'm like a couch like, this but it was In it was in an R v.
Speaker 1: Vessel player.
Speaker 3: And then obviously that BECAME PMTs thing before the you, know the van talk and all that barstool vand talk or whatever it. Was AND i remember sitting for whatever, reason you barstol guys love sitting on like buses and van you, know they like.
Speaker 1: Come they don't come after, us but like jokingly come at, us like all you've ripped our idea and stuff like.
Speaker 13: That we get to do, it and we got to do it in a really nice hotel.
Speaker 11: Room, yeah we. DID i appreciate.
Speaker 1: You appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Man this was a Blasto Garret university Of miami going down.
Speaker 1: There so so here's an idea of what we want to.
Speaker 11: Do are you just getting so?
Speaker 1: Here do you want to?
Speaker 11: Cut?
Speaker 1: No, NO i.
Speaker 11: CAN i can tell about it on.
Speaker 1: Here so an IDEA i have is we did a bus and spring tour this past year and we just had our first kid in the middle of when spring ball and all that stuff, is so we can only pick three spots to go. To we went To, miama Matter, Nebraska taylor's In, michigan and then we just went TO uh the state's One university Of. Tennessee and so next, year like building off of, that we would we would just travel. There we would interview that like the head, coach a couple of players whoever we could get. On we built A bust And bowl game from. It but going moving, forward we would like to go to more colleges, obviously and each probably go to like say we went To, miami, like, hey we want to go To. MIAMI i call you. UP i Hey, greg it would be awesome if you wanted to come and be a part of The bust And spring, tour so you would come, down say we would do whether we interview the head, Coach we Interviewed Ed, reid there a player that's. There and then the SPIN i want to come off of it is we just did our first live event At zany's not too long ago and it was.
Speaker 11: Awesome we had on A taylor AND i bantered for a while and then we had a guest come.
Speaker 1: On but you get spin off saying like we're going To, Miami greg's gonna be that.
Speaker 3: Would be that would be the round Like Spring, bowl when players are There, yeah that'd be. Fun and any EXCUSE i needed to go down To, MIAMI i take.
Speaker 1: It that's and you're In, charlotte, Right, yeah so that's an awesome.
Speaker 3: City that's. Great we Love, charlotte all, Right well, yeah give, me keep, me keep you posted on how that, goes and give him a number going keep recording a