Speaker 1: Hey guys, Sunday Sampler Time.
Speaker 2: Maybe you hear something and you want to go subscribe to the episode. On The Bobbycast, I sat down with Drew Parker, singer songwriter. He had some huge success writing number one songs with Luke Combs, but now he's an artist himself, and he talks about how you know, he has a song and he was like, I'll give it to Morgan Wallen or Luke Combs or Nate Smith because they all want it. And then he's like, no, I want it, big risk, but he decided to keep it.
Speaker 3: He talks about that.
Speaker 2: On this week's episode of I Think What could be our newest podcast, Take This Personally, Morgan brought on holistic nutritionist Grace Terrell to help us understand the health industry better, which I obviously need to do, and to share what we should be doing to help our bodies heal and so check it out. We got four things with Amy Brown coming up, Sore Losers Movie, Mike's Podcast, but we'll start here. The clip from our newest Take This Personally with Morgan Hulsman.
Speaker 4: Personally with Morgan Heelsman.
Speaker 5: Grace, how are you doing today?
Speaker 6: I'm great?
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm super excited to talk to you.
Speaker 8: I've been on my own holistic health journey for a little bit now and it's been a huge help in my life across the board. So I'm excited to have you on here and talk and hopefully help some other people get to that place in their life. Why is it more beneficial for us to focus on the overall health and wellness of our bodies rather than just I'm gonna go to the doctor, let me grab some medicine real quick, and I'll be better tomorrow. Why is this a better option for you long term?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's the whole shift of preventative care versus a key care. Obviously, medicine is incredible and there are so many times that we need it, but we want to prevent needing medication as much as we possibly can, and so taking care of our bodies before they get to a point where we need that acute medical care is I think really really important.
Speaker 8: Is there any supplements or anything that you use that you encourage people to take. Yes, you can fix your diet and stuff, but are supplements another part of that journey along the line.
Speaker 7: It depends my whole approach is being as minimal as I can with supplementation and really focusing on the dietary component. But of course there are times when supplements are really really beneficial, like if you're trying to heal your gut at certain points, like a probiotic can be really beneficial, or all gluetamine to help seal the gut lining. But I think people overdo it with the supplements and they kind of go that route instead of making the maybe necessary shifts in their diet. They kind of bandid it with supplements. So I kind of try and dear people away from that. But supplements, yeah, they can be really really beneficial, but I think it depends on the individual. I mean there's certain things like I think most people could benefit from a little bit of magnesium because our soil is so depleted of it and so our produce doesn't get as much as it used to. In general, I think supplements are very very individual.
Speaker 9: I agree with that.
Speaker 6: I was just curious that was kind of part of the process too.
Speaker 8: And it's really easy to find things at the store and buy them because you heard or saw something online and you're.
Speaker 5: Let me put that in my body real quick.
Speaker 8: It may help if someone isn't focused on the overall health and the foods that they're putting into their bodies. What are some symptoms that they're probably dealing with and they just don't know what's related to that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I think a lot of people nowadays feel tired all the time. Maybe they're not managing their stress as best as they should. Bloating, digestive pains, maybe your hair is falling out. Maybe as a female, you have like really bad PMS. I would say like symptoms are the way they your body communicates to you. And I think nowadays we just move at such a fast pace just our lifestyles that we don't really pay attention to the things that our bodies are telling us, and we kind of just push them off as normal. Oh everyone just feels like they could sleep for fourteen hours a day and not have enough energy, you know. But really, like tuning in and paying attention to how our body might feel off is really really important because I think most people nowadays are kind of on autopilot and they don't realize how good they can actually feel. And it's all about like optimizing the way that you feel every day. When people start eating better and taking care of themselves and really like tuning into how their bodies feel. They notice a huge, huge difference with that.
Speaker 8: In talking about foods, you mentioned how to avoid process foods, paying attention to the outer rim when you go to grocery stores. Is there specific ingredients that we need to be looking for. I know a hot one that is talked about often is red dye. Is there others along that line? And what are some of those specific ingredients we should probably be paying attention to.
Speaker 7: Man, there's so many for what I deal with digestive issues, mostly the artificial sweeteners aerythritol, xylatol, superlose, those are huge ones. You'll find those in all the products that are like sugar free or keto, all the products that are marketed as being a healthier alternative have some of those artificial sweeteners that can cause a lot of digestive issues, loading, stomach cramps. And then canola oil the seed oils. Now I think is like a trend of people trying to avoid those which are in a lot of health foods as well. So yeah, I would say artificial sweeteners, seed oils, and then you want to look out for gums, but of course it depends on the severity of the issues. I think the easiest way to do it is just reduce the amount of processed foods that you're having and not pay too much attention to the specific ingredients. And I think that'll make a huge difference because you don't want to stress yourself out so much with having to learn about every single ingredient and what it's doing to your body.
Speaker 3: Let's talk music, because I got a lot of stuff to talk about.
Speaker 2: What do you want to do first? You want to do the greatest hits? What are you want to do?
Speaker 3: You? This is the greatest hits.
Speaker 2: Okay, got a Grammy nominee nomination for doing this with Luke Combs and you guys met back like Rome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we met in a bar in Rome, Georgia, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Was he playing the bar?
Speaker 3: He was? I was opening. I got a call, like on a Friday afternoon from the promoter. It's like, hey, my opener backed out. I'll pay you a hundred bucks to come up here. I was like, yeah, who am I opening for? He was like, well, it's this new guy that just like moved to Nashville. His name's Luke Combs. And I was like, okay, cool. I didn't know who Luke was at the time, but we opened that show that night and we just hit it off, and he was like, man, I just moved to Nashville. You should come up there and let's write songs. And I had never written a song before, and I was but I was like, well, this seems like my ticket to Nashville because I'd always wanted to go. I was like, this seems like my ticket. So I was like absolutely. So for the next time months, I drove back and forth from Georgia to Nashville and wrote songs.
Speaker 1: What was that drive?
Speaker 3: Three hundred miles? Did you have a normal job? I did? I have a degree in radiology.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So that nine months, I like was sending like resumes to try to get a job at a hospital up here, and it took nine months, but I finally did. And then that's when I moved.
Speaker 2: I think, if I'm doing my research here, you have, as far as radiologists go, the biggest truck ever, any radiologist ever, large radiologist truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why did you go into radiology?
Speaker 3: It was so I did like joint enrollment, like my junior senior high school, which was like half college half high school credits or whatever was it?
Speaker 9: Because you were still ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean it's okay, I think, well, I really don't remember.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: But it allowed for me to have this opportunity to be able to go, you know, take two classes at the college, the local community college in Covington. So when I got out, I had this plan that I was going to go play music. Moved to Nashville one day, so I like kind of looked into what are the credits that I've earned at this point that I can get through something quickly? Right when like radiology was like one of the ones that popped up. Were you interested in that? Did you know really what it was? I liked the medical field. I thought it was like an easy place to get a job. I mean, my whole plan was to wind up here in the music business. What was going to get me their quick, quickest and helped me pay my rent.
Speaker 2: Only person that's ever come in too, said the medical industry is what was going to get me to Nashville to write song. You're the only person that's ever happened probably so so.
Speaker 1: And you did that. You did radiology for a little bit.
Speaker 3: I did so I got here in twenty fifteen and worked at a hospital in Nashville, and I worked there until the week I had my first number one in twenty twenty. That's a wild story that's extremely versatile of you. Ye, can you look at my ankle? You don't well you don't have the equipment. Oh kind of extra your ankle. Yeah, no, I don't have the equipment.
Speaker 1: But if you did, Oh I did Christy?
Speaker 2: Did you put the thing on where you have to like where the cause you get you have to run out of the room right Like they're like, yeah, you're supposed to, but really, I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Man, It's like takes too much. Like really you're supposed to go get help, like where the thing? But man, when you're like patients are like coming in and out like a lot of the fast, you're gonna get backed up. You're just kind of like, all right, well this will be quicker if I just don't go ask for helping take the risk of Yeah, but my kids all you know, the two kids I have have all their fingers and toes. So I think we made it out alive.
Speaker 10: Good level, Okay, cass up thing little food for yourself life ain't.
Speaker 9: Oh it's pretty, but it's pretty beautiful. Thing beautiful.
Speaker 11: That's a little more family's exciting.
Speaker 10: City, you're kicking it with full thing with Amy Brown.
Speaker 12: I think a good place to start for those of us that need a refresher, or maybe for anyone that's new to attachment theory, let's just start with out of the gate, what is it and what are the four types?
Speaker 13: So attachment theory was originally studied by John Bowlby out of Cambridge University and it's been like one of the most studied bodies of work around. It's essentially the study of how your relationships with your parents or caregivers as a child affect your adult romantic relationships because we essentially in our early relationship lives learn how to bond to people, We learn what needs should be met in relationships, what to expect, all by the way that we are parented and taken care of in the home. And so there are four major attachment styles, and one is the securely attached style. Then there's the anxious attachment style they dismiss of attachment style, and then the fearful avoidant attachment style. So we'll break down maybe a little bit about how each of those form and some symptoms of each one, so people can recognize themselves in this if they think they may be one of these four. I think it's important to note as well, every person has an attachment style, so it does affect every single person listening. So the first attachment style is the secure and secure attachment styles. In their childhood, they get a lot of what we call approach oriented behaviors, so they basically get a lot of when they're distressed or sad, the parents are attuned to them and they recognize their distress and they go towards them. They try to check in see what's wrong with the child. And what this actually conditions a child to feel and believe is that I can rely on people. People are safe. I can trust that people will go me and take care of me, and I am worthy of being loved even if I'm sad or upset, because even when I'm sad or upset, I still get that care. So secure attachment sales make up roughly fifty percent of the population. Some more recent data shows that that's downtrending, so it's becoming less and less and they are the ones that also report as adults having not just the longest lasting relationships, but I feel like they actually thrive in their relationships the most, so feeling truly fulfilled when.
Speaker 12: It comes to the downtrending, is there a reason in the research why that's happening.
Speaker 13: There are a lot of hypotheses for why. So one of the first ones is that technology is playing a role. You know, parents are distracted, people are distracted. We're not as present, we're not as attuned, and that really is providing that foundational component. So if people are constantly with their children, but they're on their phone, or they're busy, or you know, technology is all around, then there's that lack of attunement that is one of the fundamental features that builds that secure attachment connection. And then of course, you know, there are other hypothesies that are like fineial stressors for a lot of people. A couple generations ago, usually there was one parent who could often be at home with the child and was the primary sharegiver.
Speaker 7: In that way.
Speaker 13: And now we have a lot more stress in the world because of the way the world is working, in the financial pressures. You know, both parents are often working, children are in daycare. So I think there's a lot of those sorts of cultural features, and then you could make a lot of arguments for the fact that the more attachment trauma there is, you know, and the lack of resolution that exists there, you know, when there's a lot of like single parent households right now and things of that nature. Again, all of these things are creating this lack of a child being able to have that proper atonment, have that those approach oriented behaviors in childhood, and so those were probably some of those those threats that tie in.
Speaker 6: Okay, yea.
Speaker 12: I'm just very curious about that, especially as being a mom up to adopted kids and now as of twenty twenty three, a single mom and you know, they're with me for a week and then their dad for a week. But we're both single and we're both doing the best that we can and both working. But you know, with them being adopted, they already have their own attachment styles. And the good news is though we can all work towards secure We'll talk further into the episode about that, but there is some light there, right.
Speaker 13: One hundred percent, there is some light. And you know, even if you are a single parent, but you have the awareness of attachment theory and how it works. That has such a huge role. And I really stress on the single parent part because back in the day when I used to work with clients one to one, obviously you're cold parenting, so it's more of a unique situation and that's that's usually a little bit easier, but single parents have it tough. I mean the amount of like pressure to keep track of everything all the time, and you know, there's a lot of weight on one person. So we'll talk about strategies and all that good stuff, but I just also want to acknowledge and like give a shout out to people who are single parents for cold parenting because it's not easy either. Like there's a lot of pressure throughout the week on just one person.
Speaker 3: We're going to do it live.
Speaker 1: We are the one, two, three sore losers everybody. I am lunchbox.
Speaker 14: I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 1: It's Sison. I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male. I live on the north side of Nashville with Bayser, my wife. We do have a farm. It's beautiful a lot of acreage, no animals, a lot of crops, hopefully soon corn pumpkins, rye. I believe maybe a little fescue to be determined. Over to you, coach.
Speaker 14: And here's a clip from this week's episode of The Sore Losers.
Speaker 1: Say you just come to work tomorrow and you mail in the bone head? I mean, what if I don't mail in this podcast?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: No, what I'm saying. What if you mailed in a bonehead? Would it be evident that you mailed it in? Probably? Okay, that's the first day. Imagine if you just mailed it in for a week. Imagine after a week, two weeks, dude, then the bonehead just gets dropped from the show because it's so bad, all because you mailed it in on that first day. And then it just starts. It's like the butterfly effect. It's like Jimmer fer Debt. Dude, couldn't be stopped in college, couldn't be stopped Utah b BYU couldn't sniff the NBA court. Both Mormons right took the cap.
Speaker 14: I don't think Utah youth are Mormons, right, but I don't think he couldn't sniff the court.
Speaker 1: It's a wild.
Speaker 14: How they do that, Like how they Oh, there's people that don't even play in college. They get like three points a game in their college basketball team, but then they making the NBA explained it to me.
Speaker 1: It makes no simp It can't be explained. It's this. There's theories on I mean, it's the Johnny Manziel theory, other things like that. Dude, our best the I think the guy scored two thousand points Gwen High school. Look him up. Jake Sardini. He was the shit. He was the best player to do. Never missed every game, put up twenty five points. They're putting statues up in my hometown. What school did he go to? I mean you would think Michigan State, Michigan bro. He went to Northern Michigan University and rode the bench. Dude, he was the greatest player I saw in person. But he was white. He wasn't as quick. He had a great shot, very smooth. He was a taller dude, just wasn't as quick. So there was a reason for that. Now that you think about it, it's wow. Yeah, it makes it. It doesn't make a lot of sense. It's very confusing to me. But the fastest kid in my class, Tyler Norman. I'll never forget the newspaper article. It said sensational sophomore. We never played with him because he kept getting brought up. He was so fast, best running back I've ever seen in person, and I would run next to him. I was running in water. I wasn't actually blocking for him. But dude, he cooked. Okay, dude just started drinking lost the step. Didn't have a great senior year. Works at the lumber mill. It happened. That got depressing when works at the lumber bill. Dude, when you are the best athlete. He was quicker than scat bruh. He would I've never seen a kid run eighty miles eighty yards and did like, didn't even break a sweat. He would stiff arm ten guys and get to the end zone. The greatest running back I've seen with my two eyes five feet away in the history of my life, except for Derrick Henry when I called he was gonna be great with the Titans. When I saw him at training camp, over to you, man, I mean.
Speaker 14: The best running back I ever saw in person was Malcolm Brown. He went to the University of Texas, then he went on to the NFL for a few years.
Speaker 1: He was a journeyman.
Speaker 14: But I went and saw his high school game because our buddy shipmate brother, they played high school football together. And I saw him the first play.
Speaker 1: San Antonio tip mate.
Speaker 14: Sibilo Steele, and I said that dude, he got through the line and he turned on a different, different gear and pulled away from everybody by ten yards. And I looked at shipmate and I said that dude can go to the league.
Speaker 1: That was how good he was. And did he he went to the league? Was he decent?
Speaker 14: He played five six years in the league, bounced around from the Rams to the Dolphins, back to the Rams over here over there, scored some touchdowns.
Speaker 1: So you have an eye for guys and goes no, no.
Speaker 14: That was You're just saying the best one I'd ever seen. I didn't know him, but that was the first, like best football player i'd seen. I was like, damn, that dude's really good.
Speaker 1: Like dude at the pool when on the West side I had an eye for a girl, I would be like, that could be a Victoria's secret model. Oh.
Speaker 14: I was at the pool and I was like, that person cannot swim in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: I missed the pool man. We get all drunk. Everybody did end up racing. Never forget when Baser and Eric Dodd raced each other. Who won? Uh it was one of those where we let Eric's a really good swimmer. Oh and I guess Eric. Eric was racing somebody else. Baser was like floating on her back, kind of tipsy. She was feeling it a little bit, and she went into Dodd's path. Oh no, dude, Dodd said, when he was coming down Michael phelpstyle with his hand, his hand would have hit her right in the face and like crushed her. But he at the last second he saw her out of the corner of his eye, sipping on a Marguerite, a floating on her back. He was racing somebody else from the apartment complex. Immediately the race stopped and one of these gen zers beat Dodd. And to this day Dodd would have won that race, probably went to the Olympics instead. He thought of his friend Bazer, hammered in the pool. Dodd saw it corner of his eye, stopped him from just hitting her in the face. So he's basically a hero. Yeah, unbelievable, but yeah, Dodd was one of the fastest swimmers in person. Man, I missed the pool.
Speaker 14: Man, I missed the pool too, and I wish I could swim. I'm not a very good swimmer. I'm very slow at swimming on doggy paddle a lot. And if I'm ever gonna be on Survivor, I've got to improve my swimming because they have all the swimming challenges.
Speaker 1: And I am just not good. They have a ton of them.
Speaker 14: Yes, and you gotta dive down. I'm not good at diving down to get the rings off the bottom. Your ears start popping and you start freaking out underwater.
Speaker 1: That would be me on Survivor. So I've got to learn.
Speaker 14: I've got to get a coach, got to figure out some way to improve my swimming before.
Speaker 1: I go on there. Wait, are you being serious? So you're gonna start to do more water stuff? Yeah, dude, I had the exact same epiphany in college, and I'll tell you how it ended. I would go, if I'm gonna do a iron man, i have to swim. Because I'd done the mile, the twenty six miles, I hadn't done the bike. I learned I can do the bike pretty easy. Thirty miles not bad. I guess you do sixty or some shit, so I can do one hundred. It's like one sixty two maybe, so you do thirty one hundred, one hundred. Yeah, that's what it is. You do over one hundred. I did thirty without even trying, so I was like, I can probably do it. So anyways, then I was like, I just have to do the swimming, dude. I went to the Texas State Pool. Oh it was miserable. It's so hard. I did it for a week straight and I was like, swimming is the hardest sport ever. The iron Man it was a great thought, but I'm gonna hang it up after the marathon. That was fun. Yeah, swimming is a very You don't realize how hard it is to swim. Either you're born with it or you're not. Maybe it's Maybolene. I'm not born with it because I am not. I'm like a freaking anchor.
Speaker 14: I get in that water and I just sink and I try to swim and I don't go anywhere. I slap that water and it doesn't move, Like I'm not gliding through that water.
Speaker 1: I need help, See, That's what I'm saying. Just like bezers floating on their back. Some people are meant to float. They say a baby can float if you just throw it on its ass or something. Yeah, some I feel like some people's equilibrium weight distribution is just better than others.
Speaker 15: Hey, it's Mike d and this week All Movie Mike's Movie Podcast. I had my wife Kelsey on and we did Movies of the Month. It's where we recap all the movies we've seen in the last sixty days. What was the best and that you should spend your time and money on, and what was the worst of what you should avoid or wait until it goes on to streaming. I also gave my spoiler free review of The Wild Robot, which is right now my favorite animated movie of the year.
Speaker 9: So be sure to go check out this full episode.
Speaker 15: But right now, here's a little bit of Kelsey and I talking about our best movies of the month. I think I watched more movies in September out of any month this year.
Speaker 6: You watched a lot of movies.
Speaker 9: I went.
Speaker 15: You were away for I feel like a week, and I went to the movies like.
Speaker 9: Two times during that.
Speaker 6: I went to New York. It was great.
Speaker 9: September is also where horror movies start.
Speaker 15: So I went to the movies a lot without you because you're like, nah, ain't doing that. But what was the best movie in your opinion for September. I'm curious to see Easy my Old Ass with Aubrey Plaza so good and.
Speaker 6: Mazie Stella directed by Megan Park who a lot of people know where she was on The Secret Life for the American Teenager, which was now the campiest shows of all time. But yeah, she's written two and directed two really great films now on The Fallout, which was on HBO Max which in a Orteka, right, yep, great film, and then this one, which was a completely different direction, a lot more lighthearted. She's really good. Like I didn't really know what to expect. I was worried that it was gonna be one of those where you see all the funny parts in the trailer, but it was so heartwarming and heartfelt, and the people behind us after the movie was overclapped to cover the sound of them crying.
Speaker 9: We rarely hear that clapping in movies right.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah, I can't think of the last one.
Speaker 15: Even in the last superhero movies that we've gone to, there hasn't been clapping like Wolverine Deadpole.
Speaker 6: Personally, I clapped at the end of Twister, but.
Speaker 15: I feel like that whole clapping has kind of gone away. I was kind of surprised to hear that. But that movie is emotional. It's a really good coming of age story done in a different way. What happens is main character takes some mushrooms, causing her to hallucinate, has a really bad trip, and Aubrey Plaza comes in as the older version of herself, the forty year old version of herself, to tell her teenage self some advice, and she's able to communicate with her from the future. I love that the movie existed in reality, but also nobody questioned what was happening Thereah.
Speaker 6: I never were like, how are you calling yourself in the future. It just was like it wasn't a plot line. It just was the plot.
Speaker 9: And I like movies that do that. It's like, hey, this is the facts.
Speaker 15: Don't think too much into it, suspend belief and allow yourself to enjoy it. And that movie was a lot more emotional than I was expecting. I feel in the last couple of movies we saw in theaters, aside from Joker, I had all emotional experiences of almost crying, like getting really emotional. There's one specific moment in this movie that will just hit you like a ton of bricks. The only thing I wish it had more was Abrey Plaza.
Speaker 6: I just wish it was longer. Yeah, I wanted more of the movie in general.
Speaker 15: And I think it's because Plaza is such a big star. I feel like she was probably there for maybe a week.
Speaker 6: Well, she's also in like Everything under the Center. Now she's an Agatha along Megalopolis. It's not how he's saying. Yeah, that's a lot of words in one. I feel like her filming schedule was pretty tight, but this was filmed like years ago.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just feel like I wanted more of her whole plot.
Speaker 9: Line in that movie. And I feel like that's kind of how they sold it.
Speaker 15: Even if you watch the trailer, you think it's gonna be a lot more of their interactions. But I think they use her name to get people into it. But once you're there, it's a really good story that you probably couldn't sell without her attached to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was great for.
Speaker 15: My best of September between two movies. I am between the wild Robot and I am between the Substance.
Speaker 6: If you don't go Wilder Robot, I'm shocked you felt things in that movie.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 15: And I'm going to get into my full review here in a minute, but I think I'm going to go with the Substance, just because I went into that movie not knowing anything about it. If you didn't listen to that review, it's essentially about Debbie Morre's character.
Speaker 9: She turns fifty years old.
Speaker 15: She has like this morning fitness workout show, and Dennis Quait is her boss, and on her fiftieth birthday he fires her because thinks her star is passed. They need to move on to something new and fresh. And then Demi Moore's character gets into a car accident. While she's at the doctor, there's this weird medical dude who works as an assistant and tells her about this black market drug called the Substance that you take it and it creates a better version of yourself. It essentially goes into your DNA and spawns out another human, and that other human in the movie happens to be Margaret Quayley. And then the catch is that every seven days they have to switch back, so for a week she's living as Demi Moore, and then for the next week she's living as Margaret Quayley, and then you find out all about the struggle of going back and forth.
Speaker 9: Big feminism movie.
Speaker 15: It's a big commentary on how Hollywood treats women who age in the industry.
Speaker 6: Which like Demi Moore has aged so beautifully.
Speaker 15: She has this is her best role, and I feel like she took it for a very specific reason, maybe because she's felt some of these things in her career, and I can only imagine how awful people in power in Hollywood are towards women casting women that I feel like roles for women at her point in her career are probably harder to come by than roles for men. I mean, even looking at this movie, Dennis quitated like seventy something, Yeah, and he's still getting a lot of work. And I feel like she probably took this to have that commentary of like, this is something that's actually happening, and yes, this is a really bizarre way to make this point, but it's a point we want to make. And it was a movie that I felt, for the first time in a while, had like a lot to say and did it in a really unique way, and it really committed to its craziness because it's not for everybody. I think you would go watch it and think the heck is going on here? You have people turning into weird monsters, you have all these supernatural events. The end of the movie is like completely throwing everything against the wall. So it does all those things to kind of appease to like the horror fan. But I felt like the message of it was something that I walked away with thinking, oh, that's actually a really cool and interesting way to say that. And I had no idea the movie is gonna affect me as.
Speaker 9: Much as it did.
Speaker 6: Two quick notes that don't necessarily have to the movie, but it's cast. I watched a clip on TikTok of Demi Moore's interview with I think it's like CBS Sunday Mornings talking about life with like Bruce willis now and it just was so beautiful of like where they're meeting him, where he's at and like with his journey with dementia, and she talked about she was like, I'm trying not to dwell on like the Bruce I used to know and like finding the joy of where he is and it was so And then there's a really funny clip of Margaret Queeley on Fallon talking about how, like all of her movies this year, Driveway Dolls, kinds of kindness and the substance, and she's like, none of my family can see any of these. She's like, I'm probably naked in most of them. She's like, can't take anyone to see them.
Speaker 15: Yeah, her whole introduction in this movie, her first scene, she's almost naked for Oh, it's say a good four or five minutes.
Speaker 6: So it was just that's a funny clip. Yeah, I don't think I have any interest in seeing the movie. Love both of them don't want to see it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I think that's another reason is like some people have a feeling about nudity in movies.
Speaker 9: I feel like in this movie.
Speaker 6: That's not why I don't see it.
Speaker 15: No, But I'm just saying first, I'm just adding all the reasons that, like all the strikes that this movie has against itself. Oh yeah, there's the horror element, which there's some things in this movie that were a little unsettling to me. But I like the fact that they made me feel certain ways. You know, I have a weird thing about bones breaking. Anytime there's any kind of video where I know somebody's bone is gonna break, I won't watch it. Is there just something about that feeling and about that anticipation.
Speaker 6: Is that why you wouldn't look at foot last year when I broke broke it.
Speaker 15: That's different because that's not it snapping, but like something like somebody's skateboarding. I don't want to see that. I don't want to hear it. That just strikes a nerve with me. And there's some of that in this movie. So there's those horror elements, but also the nudity, which would keep some people away from watching it. But I think it's used in a way to show vulnerability in this movie.
Speaker 9: Like the fact. I think they used prosthetics too, so I don't know if that was actually yea.
Speaker 6: Margaret Quaily said that her chest was enhanced.
Speaker 15: But it seems like it's just them putting themselves out there. Even though if you don't know going into it that it's probably all prosthetics, you think, man.
Speaker 9: Really that's a lot. That's a big commitment.
Speaker 15: I just imagine, like as an actor being in those situations you think you're just watching it as the viewer, there's nobody there, but if you look behind the camera, there's all.
Speaker 6: These seven thousand people there. It's like when people have to film like intimate scenes and I'm just like that that sounds awful.
Speaker 15: Everybody seeing your kibbles and Bits is like like what is like, how do you even call it?
Speaker 6: Ever again and Bits?
Speaker 15: I don't think you realize how hard it is to have chemistry come across on screen because you're interacting with this person across from you, trying to have this connection and have that come across on screen. Meanwhile, there are lights on you, there are people running around, and.
Speaker 6: You're also faking a connection. Yes, that's the thing too, is it's like you're That's where people say acting is so weird because you like have to emotionally get into the part, but you're like not trying to fall in love with this person, but you have to portray that you.
Speaker 1: Are in love.
Speaker 9: I think, yeah, I think that's the hardest thing to do.
Speaker 15: That's why a lot of rom comms fail is because people are unable to have that chemistry, which it's so relyingt on.
Speaker 1: Car Queen talking if you so, she's getting really not afraid to fail EISO, so just let it float.
Speaker 15: No one can do quiet like carylne is sound a carelun.
Speaker 6: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: And even though it was like the high status of people that y'all deal with, like I feel like as me as a people pleaser, now I've like healed a lot of that, but I would have had a nervous reaction every time I was like in a situation with the people that you are with, because I feel so much pressure to make sure they like me?
Speaker 5: What if they don't like your hair makeup?
Speaker 4: What if they don't like Do you ever feel that, like, what if they're not happy with like what you did?
Speaker 5: Or you feel like you're wondering how about it?
Speaker 16: How are you supposed to either I mean somebody says, hey, can you change this? Or they don't communicate and they don't like it or whatever. But I mean, when you like go to do somebody's glam and they don't let you know if to change it, how are you supposed to? What am I magine? I can't read your mind?
Speaker 11: So true?
Speaker 4: It all comes back to being able to communicate, speak your truth and express yourself Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 17: You're not an asshole for saying what you like and what you don't like, not at all, as long as you say in a kind way. Yeah I'm not great.
Speaker 11: That's what we're here for.
Speaker 5: A process.
Speaker 11: Oh good news, it's not tattooed on your face. I can change the light.
Speaker 17: We actually want you to tell us. We want you to tell yes.
Speaker 16: Oh my god. I feel like that's the biggest like misconception.
Speaker 11: Tell your glam people if you don't like something.
Speaker 16: God, very very it's not a big deal. Nobody cares. Just let's fix it so you feel good. Jeez, jeez, we'll just try.
Speaker 11: You know, we're tiny little.
Speaker 17: Blips and just a universe of just grandness that what what are we really?
Speaker 9: What are we doing?
Speaker 5: Can I okay?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 4: I have a few questions and they kind of do a few rapid fire with you all because I feel like this will be fun. First, Uh, biggest beauty regret mine is my rope attaching eyebrows. That was a massive mistake. Now they're blue. I have like eyeliner on them, and that's another thing. I don't know how to do my eyebrows, Like, how are you supposed to do eye ross, but like I regret them.
Speaker 11: My eyeliner, I did brown eyeliner.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm using, So I need to make up refresh right now.
Speaker 11: You think, yeah, they do that's eyeliner.
Speaker 5: I think it's a I think it's just regular eyeliner.
Speaker 6: That's browne Okay.
Speaker 1: A right, good nice.
Speaker 5: But you guys said it didn't look bad.
Speaker 11: We know it doesn't. It doesn't look bad. Do you do a tinted gel?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I do nothing.
Speaker 4: I literally do a little eyeliner on my eyebrows, a tiny, tiny.
Speaker 11: Sheer of liquid eyeliner.
Speaker 5: What would you correct?
Speaker 11: Just be brutal, okay, be brutal.
Speaker 16: I would do a tinted gel instead of your liner pencil. I would do a pot, like a paint pot on your eye instead of this.
Speaker 5: It's a paint pot.
Speaker 16: It's gonna just make your lid like all one color and stay all day and it's so eat.
Speaker 11: It's like very user friendly.
Speaker 5: Okay, blush and blush in this.
Speaker 11: I would I would pop on like, uh, what are you? What foundation are you using?
Speaker 6: You have nothing nothing?
Speaker 11: You're scared the French girl, you're so beautiful.
Speaker 4: Wow, thank you.
Speaker 5: But because I don't know I need. Honestly we should. If y'all could do.
Speaker 4: Every day makeup tutorial for like the people who are idiots with may, that would be so helpful.
Speaker 16: We will, that would be very very I would love for you to have more can your guinea pig?
Speaker 11: Yes, okay, I wouldn't. That says like my every day. But it's probably heavier than most people.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's a little put on foundation every day.
Speaker 11: But it's illia though.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's like nothing. Oh I wear foundations every day like nothing. Okay, it's tinted, it's got SPF one hundred and ninety.
Speaker 11: Or the color science.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with the colors.
Speaker 5: Are we supposed to do cheeks up high or down low?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: Because I've been seeing this on Instagram that.
Speaker 11: No one ever said down low?
Speaker 5: I don't tell me now you're supposed to do it here and not here? No, that's such a weird thing, No Instagram.
Speaker 17: Well, trends are always, they're changing for always, forever changing.
Speaker 11: You still want to lift everything left?
Speaker 5: The toner here, the bronze are here? You do the bronze are here?
Speaker 4: Can we have a.
Speaker 11: Conversation about her? You want to be here?
Speaker 6: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: I'm so bad at makeup. It's so funny, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 9: I know, the hell is she talking about?
Speaker 11: Welcome back to myt I liquid.
Speaker 4: Seriously, people are dying out here and need your help every day, every day, just an every day bronzer.
Speaker 11: Yeah, bronze are.
Speaker 5: Just where to apply it? How to apply it? And what's a.
Speaker 11: Nice little trick?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 17: Oh, take your little bronzer and make a little three and just go like the contour of your face so you see where like your cheap bone is just like here and then here.
Speaker 11: And then just this is the perfect time to zoom in on her face. Yeah, you're like, do you understand what I'm playing her now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But then I'm gonna be walking around and people are gonna see a three on my.
Speaker 11: Face, So Carol can't just like three?
Speaker 9: And then you're like, I did it.
Speaker 6: I just try.
Speaker 5: I want to know people who are not good at makeup.
Speaker 4: It is overwhelming, Like makeup is a scary thing because there's so many things to do, like a language.
Speaker 5: I'm not good at.
Speaker 11: It at all.
Speaker 5: I'm not good at hair and I'm not gonna make it.
Speaker 11: Okay, And well, what are you gonna start doing your hair though. From now on.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna put sea salt spray in.
Speaker 11: It, and you're gonna braid it, and I'm gonna braid it, and.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna sleep in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And I'm gonna get two braids in a big phone roller.
Speaker 11: And a big phone roller. I'm gonna send you a little bit vidia. I'm not it's probably gonna be uncomfortable when you sleep though. Oh do you know I have one?
Speaker 5: Do you guys have any beauty regrets? Because I have lots obviously, but jah, you did it?
Speaker 11: Oh you know that.
Speaker 16: And I didn't wear sunscreen for a really long time and I've got some sun spots.
Speaker 11: But that, I mean, it is what it is. Was there a dog here?
Speaker 4: There is a podcast with a dog a dog. It's called in the Bets Office and the Dog Jos with the Dogs Jos.
Speaker 11: She's crost anymore, she's not.
Speaker 5: She's the best, saving the dogs, saving the dog.
Speaker 17: I did get a cheek filler once you and I hated it.
Speaker 9: That is what hated it.
Speaker 11: I just get botox, just photo, just like a little feather, nothing like.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 11: I've done filler.
Speaker 17: I don't like it. It made me chip like a chipmunk. I didn't know whose face I was looking at.
Speaker 4: It's a little much. I got there one time, like six years ago and dissolved it.
Speaker 11: That's what it was, is this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so you'll keep it simple?
Speaker 17: Yeah, no lips I did years ago and then it stayed.
Speaker 5: It looks great, and now I just do a lip flip, a liip flip.
Speaker 1: But I already had like.
Speaker 9: Fuller lips too.
Speaker 11: You did too, Yeah, okay?
Speaker 4: And then one last thought thoughts on underline. I want her under under I want I haven't under my eyes a little bit.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, can't go back.
Speaker 11: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 11: What's the question?
Speaker 1: Can't we wear eyelind or under eyes?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 11: Are you asking? What do we think about it?
Speaker 5: Is it allowed?
Speaker 1: It on right now?
Speaker 11: Of course that's allowed.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I didn't know. I just have a little under their back. Some people say, like never on the waterline.
Speaker 11: I have to be on it in your water It was where you can do anything you want. You know, what would might be like a little help.
Speaker 5: I don't see anything I need I need help.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. The Sunday Sampler. Thank you for listening to it. Maybe this is all you listen to, this one episode of all the the different shows. But if you like any of the shows, go search for them subscribe to them. That would be awesome, new episodes throughout weekly.
Speaker 1: Hope you have a great week.
Speaker 9: We'll see you later.
Speaker 3: Everybody,