Speaker 1: What's up. It's sauce on the side. I'm Gandhi and today we have an interesting episode ahead. But before we get to.
Speaker 2: That, Hello Andrew, Oh, Hello Gandhi.
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm great?
Speaker 2: How are you great?
Speaker 1: Why do you sound so happy? You sounded very menacing to start? What do you mean, hello, Gandhi?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not trying to be menacing. It just iss for you.
Speaker 1: Not a good look.
Speaker 2: So who do you have on today?
Speaker 1: Today? I have the Captain aka Kyle Creek. You might know him on Instagram as are you ready s g R st K. I still haven't figured out what that means, and I hope I remember to ask him. But he's a good time. He has a lot of stuff to say, a lot of big thoughts, and he's just kind of like a fun guy. So I said, we just get to it.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: Are we still going by the Captain?
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of people know me by it, so it's kind of stuck. But I don't really use it that much anymore. I prefer people call me Kyle. I mean, let's be honest, it's not the worst nickname.
Speaker 1: You also are an author. You have a lot of books.
Speaker 3: Yeah, writer, I don't consider myself an author. I consider myself a writer. I think the way I explain to people's writers write about the world as it is, and authors create worlds, and so until I do a novel, I don't consider myself an author. And it's kind of my way of just I don't know, pain and respect to people that have done that, because it is so difficult to write that style of the book.
Speaker 1: Do you think you'll ever do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of where I'm going now with my career. And we were just talking before this. I mean, my goal for the longest time has been to leave social media. I mean I used to tell people back in probably twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, when I was first starting to get some notoriety online, I would tell people my goal is to write a book a year and be left the fuck alone. I'm at the point now where I do use social media substantially less. I mean, I took it off my phone in January of this year. I don't even have it on my phone anymore. I haven't been active on it for months, and it's been nice. Why tired of it unfulfilling for the most part, and I I kind of feel like social media's became a lot more of a healthscape in the past few years. I mean, I think social media used to be pretty fun for me. I used to enjoy it. I thought it was fairly challenging, and I liked trying to craft messages that resonated but also you know, would would get shared. I liked it. I thought it was you know, kind of it's almost like a game at times. And once they started putting algorithms in place and they started fucking with people's reach, it just it became too mechanical for me, you know, Rather than start doing like reels and start doing like these stupid, choppy short videos that everyone's doing now to get attention, that's just it's not me and I can't bring myself to do it. So I'd rather just kind of, you know, disappear into the ether than you know, become that person.
Speaker 1: Well, you're lucky you have something to fall back on, which it's not even a fallback. You started as a writer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I have a day job. That's pretty much been my whole career as an adult. Wasn't until I got into advertising that I made good money as a writer and on the side I didn't have much of a social following, but I started writing a lot of jokes that my clients would kind of say no to because I was doing a lot of TV work at the time, and I thought the jokes were good enough to see the light of day, so I started tweeting them instead, and they just kind of took off and snowballed from there, and then I had this catch persona was just me observing life and writing about it the way I saw it and the way I was experiencing it outside of my professional career, And that's really what became, you know, the social media following that I have.
Speaker 1: Now, how do you feel about the feedback that you get from random people? Because that's actually for me, one of the reasons I enjoyed following you is because you say a lot of the things that I think, at least I was thinking, and I don't necessarily know how to craft it, and I would just retweet or repost some of the things you said. But I know, based on me reposting what people would respond to. How do you navigate that and does it bother you or do you just laugh?
Speaker 3: I used to try and do it intentionally. I used to tell my frist starter. I used to Yeah, I mean, that's why I have instigator on my profile. I used to tell my friends, I know I have a good post when I lose more followers and I gain because it hits a nerve. And then at some point I know, you know, people will come back on the back end. But I've had several people and follow me over the years and then write me apologies and like, I don't know, I don't know theyn follow me. I don't pay attention that closely. But I'll have someone write me and say, you know I hadn't followed you two years ago because it's something you said, And I just want to say I came back and I thought about it, and you were right. You want people to feel something. You want people to laugh, you want people to be scared, you want people to cry, like that's your goal as a writer. And so I always figured if I elicited enough emotion that someone felt like they had to unfollow me, that was successful.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I must be so successful.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: First of all, who is the majority of your audience when you'll hear insights? What does that breakdown?
Speaker 3: I think it's like sixty forty primarily females. Oh okay, I mean I used to rag on like dating practices. That was kind of like my thing is. I would just talk shit on all the dumb stuff people do dating. I was always bashing on douchebags and you know, shit that i'd done myself when I was younger, stuff I still saw my friends doing, and so I was always kind of bashing that. And I think that's also why I gained, you know, a little bit of a female following.
Speaker 1: Do you ever look back anything you've posted in cringe a little bit.
Speaker 3: All the time. I read my old books, Like people will bring like my quote me books to me to sign a book event, and I'll flip through them sometimes and I'll read stuff I wrote and I'll be like, oh, fuck that guy.
Speaker 1: And quote so they're quoting you.
Speaker 3: I I think it's uh. I think if you don't look back on your past self and cringe a little bit, it's a sign that you're not growing as a person. Like I think everybody I know that is a good person, or everyone I know that's an interesting person looks back on their past self and doesn't like certain aspects of who they were, And it's unavoidable, and I think that's what prevents a lot of people from pursuing something they enjoy. I mean, they're too afraid of criticism, they're too afraid of regret, and so they just go through the motions. In ten years now, they look back in their life and yeah, they don't regret anything, but also they haven't done anything. And I think, you know, the fear of being criticized online is just it destroys people's ability to create. It destroys people's ability to live, you know. It influences people to break up with people they shouldn't break up with, Like your friends get in your ears, or random straight are talking to you about your relationship. You'll make choices to placate an audience that honestly doesn't give a fuck about you. I would love to see social media kind of just fall off in our society. I actually think it's been as much as it's helped my career and someone who really has benefited from social media, I do feel it's been a net negative for society as a whole, oh for sure. And I think we would all be a lot happier without it.
Speaker 1: People are always talking shit that are not in the arena. They're in the seats watching you, and they're telling you how you need to curate your content specifically for them, which strives me insane, and I try, I try really hard not to let that bother me. Every now and then it dings me and I get annoyed. But for you, having such a big following, has it ever affected you in your mental health at all?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It has, Okay, I mean there is times when it gets to you, and there is times when I think. I think what's gotten to me the most is when I feel like I've lost touch or like sometimes I'll look back and be like, oh, I used to write better than I do now, and that'll create a whole bunch of insecurity. And then if I'm in that state of insecurity and I get on and read too many negative comments, when I'm in that state, they could be pretty devastating and derail means. So, I mean, I was suicidal for a while when it was really really bad.
Speaker 1: So like, at the height of things going well for you and your podcast, I.
Speaker 3: Literally got my first major book deal and thirty days later. It is probably when I was at like my peak suicidal ideation. Wow, and I had you know what I'd always worked for, and it was because I just didn't have myself like I you know, the book deal was associated with the Captain. The book deal was for the Captain, and so it just like I just didn't like myself. I didn't like who I become. And It's part of what's so refreshing now about not using social media is I actually, for the first time feel like I'm making money and I'm making a living again, as as myself and not having to be something I'm not. You know, I had to really kind of adopt that post in ghost philosophy where you just post and to leave. But then I feel guilt because it's like, oh, people are taking time to write these meaningful comments and I should probably get back to them. And I used to tell myself I had to answer every DM and I used to tell myself, if someone's taking them time to write me, I need to write them back. And that was that destroyed my mental health. I was way way, way too involved in Instagram. It became, you know, a huge part of my life and my identity and the idea of not being relevant or the idea of losing what I'd worked for, like scared the hell out of me. What I'm doing now work wise is the work I've always wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I feel like Instagram has created this very bizarre world where everybody cares what something looks like and not what it actually feels like. It has ruined dating. Diamond here, who never wants to talk about her dating life, So we're not going to talk about your dating life. But skoot over to a microphone real quick.
Speaker 3: All right, let's rip her apart. Let's rip it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. I just laugh at Diamond because I always say she is the queen of a tiny red flag and she'll never talk to somebody ever again, which I think is part of social media making you think that people only have green flags all the time and there's never anything wrong with somebody. So if you find one little thing you bounce. I don't know if it's social media.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just you, it's just me, like I do. It's certain things that I just I'm like, I don't really have time to worry about that.
Speaker 3: Red flaggers are like that that they talk.
Speaker 1: About the ick.
Speaker 2: I get the ick very.
Speaker 3: Often, Like, what's an example.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I saw a video of this guy that I thought was cute walking out of the airport for so all, Why is someone recording you walking out of the airport.
Speaker 1: I think it's weird.
Speaker 4: But his backpack was on his back and one side was like off, and I'm like, that was so irritating to me because I'm like, I know you feel this, like fix it is this thing on? How do you not feel that like this, like your backpack is.
Speaker 1: Off of your shoulder?
Speaker 3: That's yeah. That might not be social media. That might just be her. Yeah, but a little fucked.
Speaker 1: Up Diamond is a lot fucked up, and that's why I love her. It's one of my favorites. But I think that is partially social media because you never would have seen that guy with that backpack walking out of the airport until you were actually there with him and might have had some type of connection.
Speaker 3: That's a good point because you know, for the most part, you know, and when you used to date someone, you only really knew what you saw of them when you saw him on like a Friday or a Saturday, so.
Speaker 1: Like, which is the real version of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you would you wouldn't have noticed everyone in their little mistakes or mishaps or problems that end up on social media, and so I think that happened. What's happened for the most part of social media is this idea that people think they have options when they don't. Oh, I mean that's like diamonds. I think that's the real Dutch on social media.
Speaker 4: It's horrible when you think about like people being in relationships and like they say that cheating is more like people are cheating more now. I don't really think so, but I think it's more obvious because they're on Instagram liking pictures of women that men are and women too, but like men are on Instagram liking pictures of women that they'll never meet and thinking that they have Yeah, they think that they can. You know, why are you wasting your time liking something She's never going to see it?
Speaker 1: You lose her.
Speaker 3: I agree with you on them, but only in the sense that I find it disrespectful, because I do feel like it's just a waste of energy and time. And I think, you know, I understand, I understand that there might not be intention there, and some guys are like, oh, I just like them because I think she's hot, But I still think it's just like a waste of the energy, Like you're better off putting an energy into something else. So me personally, you know, in a relationship, like I've never liked or creeped other photos like that or like so they're in liked. I didn't even I mean, I don't even follow people in social media as I know them personally, and so I do think it's kind of pathetic when you see these guys that are in relationships and you look at who they're following, and like fifty of them are like OnlyFans models. It's discussing.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a waste.
Speaker 3: It's a waste of your energy. It really is a waste of energy observing a.
Speaker 1: Lot about dating and initially starting in that realm of kind of observations, maybe advice about dating. Do you have any for our diamond? As she ventures out into this world here we go?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I think the idea that she started with about the idea of little red flags, like everyone's going to have those. I think it's good to have deal breakers. I think you absolutely should have things that you don't compromise on, but little red flags like a backpack strap, I think I think.
Speaker 1: Is I can see it right now.
Speaker 3: I think it is incredibly fucking silly, and you're going to You're gonna miss out on a lot of good people by finding fault in them. Say this is her, she's like he like, I could find fault anybody. You could give me anybody in the world, and I could find fault in him, because that's just the truth. That's life and deal breakers are one thing. But little red flies like that, you're gonna miss out on good stuff. You really are, because here's the thing is, you have those two there's looking there's a look at you and go look at her. Ick look at that. It gives me and it's just the truth, and you got to look past that stuff. I just think it would be very hard to date and be turned off by a backpack strap.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, No, it's very easy.
Speaker 2: Like I'm easy to.
Speaker 3: Be turned off or easy to date, because it sounds like dating is hard.
Speaker 4: No, well, dating is. I mean they say it all the time. The dating pool has p in it. You know, we we get it. It's a mess. But like also, it's just I could see the guy's backpack off of his shoulder right now.
Speaker 3: But he's a good looking guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that made him not so cute.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just it's weird to me, Like I don't know. It just makes me wonder how your brain works, you know, how it's wired that you feel the strap.
Speaker 3: Wanted to go to dinner with him and find out.
Speaker 1: Say, she won't do it. Now, it's like dead, it's dead in the water. It's not gonna happen. It's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It'd be different if you'd gone to dinner with that guy and he like snapped at a waiter and like he like made a big deal and like, you know, threw a fit over some dumb shit at dinner. Like I get it, Like that's actually that's a character trait, right, I think judging someone off a character trait is more accurate as opposed to a backpack strap, which has nothing to do with character.
Speaker 1: I gotta say on that though, more than the backpack strap bothering me, I would be a little suspicious of why you have somebody recording it as you're walking out of an airport. That would be like more if the red flag to me, like that, what's happening?
Speaker 3: The thing is like that shit's become so normalized with social media.
Speaker 1: I hate it. They need make cameras more expensive, I can tripods more expensive.
Speaker 3: They need to ban tripods and gym like I agree, Like I go to a public gym and if I see someone with a tripod, I legitimately want to kick it, like it pisses me off. And I don't understand why gyms don't ban them, because if you open a gym and you had a big sign that says no tripods, keep your influencer shit at home. Do you know any people with join your gym just because you're taking a stand on that stuff.
Speaker 1: My gym says it, but people still do it constantly, And I just think in my head to like, who's watching this? Who's actually watching you work out at I'm not going to say the gym, but at this gym right, this is very stupid. I hate it. I hate the tripods. And everybody has a podcast now which I'm trying to get you to do. Are you going to do it?
Speaker 3: I don't want to fall into the category of everybody.
Speaker 1: No, but I think you actually have things to say where I what I've been seeing a lot, and granted it's my social media, so the algorithm is feeding me what I'm looking at and just giving me more of it. But I see a lot of dudes sitting in a room talking about how women suck and what women need to do differently, and I find that fascinating. And I don't know how all of them just came up with pot and people are watched. It's insane to me.
Speaker 3: What's stupid too, those You got people that don't have podcasts that are recording videos of them wearing headphones talking into a microphone just so they can have clips to post on social media and look like that of a.
Speaker 1: Podcast that they should have known that existed.
Speaker 3: That's like a new thing people are doing, like they're not even on a podcast, but they'll get a mic and they'll put headphones on, they'll record themselves singing like some kind of life advice, and they'll clip it and they'll post that are real to try and look at that podcast. And that's my biggest issue with social media, and it's probably why I've taken a step back from it, is I think it's just given everybody this idea they're all a star and they all have something that needs to be said, and it's just like everyone thinks they're important. And you know, I was reading recently that. I think it was the company Lego did a study a couple of years back, kids between like eight and eleven years old in the UK and the US what they wanted to be when they grow up, and the number one thing is a YouTube content creator. Wow, that's what kids want to be these days. And I think that is I think that is incredibly fucking depressing, and I think it just shows a huge lack of imagination, but it also shows like kind of where we're steering our youth. I had a day. My friend calls it my Kanye moment because I had a day. I had a day. Rout was just fed up with it. And it was probably like in twenty seventeen or something, but I had written something that got reposted by several of those large meme accounts, you know, like fuck Jerry, Yeah, fuck Jerry, the fat Jewish, he's.
Speaker 1: The worst, the beach steals everybody's everything.
Speaker 3: Yet anyway, what everyone and he does, I mean, just don't get me started on Jay Shetty. His whole backstory is bullshit.
Speaker 1: And there's like you can see Andrew was here right now. Andrew has a whole Ja Shetty conspiracy theory. He said, he's going down.
Speaker 3: He should go down. I mean I've I've had my content post on his page back in the day where it's like his team would just take something, erase your name, write his name beneath it, and post it unreal and that's how he made it following. And so I had a day back in like twenty seventeen where i'd had I'd written something. I can't remember what it was, but it got reposted by all these big meme accounts. So I screenshot at all of them and I post at all of them, and I was like, hey, fuck Jerry, fuck you. I wrote this two years ago, and I had like that's part of the reason why I always took the screenshots on twitters, because I had a timestamp. Yeah, and this is before you could fake like tweets really easy.
Speaker 1: But I know you can do that. I am missing out.
Speaker 3: I would do it, so I had proof of when I actually wrote that, and I had him in books. And so I had a day where I called out every account that was ripped me off and I posted like twelve things in a row, and it was like Beige Card again. It was all these huge accounts. So anyway, I got my account shut down temporarily for cyberbullying.
Speaker 1: It was a cyber bully.
Speaker 3: That was a cyber bully for calling these accounts out. And that's the only time I've ever had my account shut off. And then I had another time where I got into a beef with a comedian who had posted something of mine, and he he posted something of mine and then people were writing comments like saying, oh, I love this, this is so great, and the way he was responding, he was taking credit for it, like he created it. And I was like, I was sitting there and I texted one of my buddies and I was like, watch it. I'm about to post in ten minutes and it's still a my Instagram. It was Dane Cook, and so I.
Speaker 1: Dane Cook is still doing comedy, yes, is Yeah, that's the most shocking part of this whole thing, right, So.
Speaker 3: I wrote, like this big, long thing just kind of, you know, ripping into him for stealing. And he's like a known joke thief. I know a lot of comedians have actually had problems with him. So I ripped him apart and then I think I think he might have reported or someone else did. But I almost got my account shut down for that too, same things cyber bowling. But that's the only time I've really had issues online. I've watched countless celebrities rip my shit off, and I've contacted some of them and they've been good about it. Like I've contacted some of them and said, hey, I don't know if someone at your team, you know, screenshot of that for you, but I wrote that, and they'll be good and they'll credit me, and some of them actually become friends of mine. I actually become friends with some of them strictly because they ripped my shit off and then I wrote them to call them out. And I've usually I've usually always tried sending a DM to be like, you know, listen, I know the internet shit gets ripped off all the time. You probably didn't know that. But I wrote this, and it's like fifty to fifty. Some of them were really cool about it, and some of them like fuck you, and they blocked me in immediately. So I've been blocked by a lot of big accounts just for calling them out for that.
Speaker 1: Aren't like celebrity accounts, not.
Speaker 3: Celebrities, but just like big meme accounts. I think what blows my mind about that is the fact that people think it's okay to do it.
Speaker 1: It's wild. And not only do people think it's okay to just steal content left and right. It happens to us all the time. We will say something on the show and the next day it's a meme and people are just posting that, like we didn't just say it, and it's radio so I can't go back and take a screenshot of it.
Speaker 3: You know. I want to talk about social media being a net negative. I mean, there's the mental health aspect of it, but also I just think it's really crushed people's critical thinking. It used to be where you take an information and you form your own thought about it, and now, instead of forming the thought, you just take the information and you don't think about it. I just think it's lost a lot of meaning.
Speaker 1: I could see that. I want to go back to the celebrity part of what you were talking about, because you started off, like you said, copywriting, then getting into advertising, then your social media account blows up, and now you're interacting with celebrities. Do you ever take a step back and think this this is bizarre?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you think this is exactly the way I thought this was gonna come no.
Speaker 3: Very very weird. I have. I have friends of mine now that I remember watching in movies when I was a kid, and like I remember, like I'll be at dinner with them and we become a good friends and I'll be like, man, I'm read being in high school, like watching you in the movie and it was just so weird. Like, whether you choose to believe in the law of attraction or not, you should believe that you can change your life. You could have a whole podcast on just the way. I think victim culture has taken over society too.
Speaker 1: You know we talk about that all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's like who can have the shittier life? Right, Like who can sell, you know, tell the saddest story.
Speaker 1: And I understand, like some people who have great lives really want to be a press and they really want to feel like they're struggling. Just enjoy it. Enjoy your great life. That's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Or you'll have someone who genuinely is having a really hard time and they decide to finally be vulnerable and share it. And so they share it and they get a ton of feedback, and now they're addicted to this feedback loop. They're like, hey, I told a story about my boyfriend cheating on me and how it broke me, and look at many comments I got, and then they lean into that, Okay, I'm just gonna tell more sad stories. The victim mentality is probably probably the most detrimental thing you can do to your life or anyone around you, Like it's so easy to think everything's bad when you're stuck in that loop.
Speaker 1: It definitely is. What do you think about cancel culture?
Speaker 3: I think you have to allow yourself to be canceled.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I've been saying this for a long time. I don't really believe it exists.
Speaker 3: I believe it exists in the sense that people try to do it, which they.
Speaker 1: Try, but only if you acquiesce does it actually happen. If you just keep saying like, oh, I go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: I believe it's real, but I believe you. I believe it's real in the sense that people attempt to do it, and I think it's bullshit. But at the same time, I think you have to choose to be canceled, Like I actually have that in the book speech therapy, like what to what to do if you're canceled?
Speaker 1: Did you have you been canceled?
Speaker 3: I've had people try all the time. Like I've said plenty offensive things that people have tried to cancel me for. And one of my favorite things is I love watching people double down.
Speaker 1: I love I love too, I tell time and all the time. I love when people are like, no, I'm not sorry.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite thing about Dave Chappelle is I love watching someone who is that intelligent and clever and good at what they do double down.
Speaker 1: I know in this business that we're in, people are so worried about it all the time, and I say, just say what you have to say. People are gonna get over it. Especially with social media moving at the speed that it does right now, people forget you don't ever remember.
Speaker 3: Seventy two hour rule. Yeah, like in seventy two hours, they'll be pissed about something else.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and you can just move on with your life and nobody cares anymore, which is great and terrible at the same time. I'm very interested, and we can do this off the air, because I'm sure you don't want to like shit on anybody, but I really want to hear the rest of your ja schetty stuff, because when I tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll shoot on Jay Shatty all day. I have no I have I have I I have no problem calling out people that are plagiarists.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's the plagiarism that bothers you, not the other.
Speaker 3: I probably don't know enough about the other stuff, Okay, be honest. I've seen it happen where and this was like, you know, when he was just getting his come up as a career. I've seen posts where he just puts his name on word for words stuff other people have written. Plagiarism to me, when you put your name on something and you claim you've done it is like a kin to like murder.
Speaker 1: You would send someone to death for plagiarism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we need to go back to Babylonian law and be chopping off hands and shit, because I think people would actually be a lot. And I always tell people this, like I missed the old the Wild West, when someone cheated at a game of cards and you could take him on the street and shoot them with a revolver. Like I missed the fact that you could be like all right, high noon, you just cheated. I watched you cheated this hand of cards. High noon, We're gonna go out there and we're gonna have a problem with it, like.
Speaker 1: An you want to bring back the duel?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I know problem if if I think if two grown men today want a duel, they should be allowed to. And I know there's states that allow it's called mutual combat. I know Texas is one of them.
Speaker 1: Of course, Texas one of them.
Speaker 3: If you go up to a cap up in Texas and you stay me and this individual, if agreed to mutual combat, we're gonna fight. The cop won't do anything. He'll let you, guys fight it out.
Speaker 1: The cop will let you to pull out a gun and shoot at each other.
Speaker 3: I don't know how far it'll go, but he'll let They'll let you fight.
Speaker 1: But at the very least like fists.
Speaker 3: They'll let you fight, fly, don't let Yeah, they'll let you fight and they won't stop it. How do you know this because it's a mutual combat law.
Speaker 1: Have you done this?
Speaker 3: No? But I respect it, and I'm telling you, like if you wanted a Babylonian law and chop people's thumbs off, it's probably where it should start. So you can no longer use your smartphone like i'd before it. Man, I would be one hundred percent for that as a forflagiarizing people online.
Speaker 1: So please know when somebody steals from Kyle Creek, he thinks about chopping off your thumb.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I would maybe shooting you. I would support that in a court proceeding, for sure.
Speaker 1: Listen, they think that I'm insane because of a lot of the way that I feel about stuff. Any think I'm too passionate.
Speaker 3: Well, you know the French are still using a guillotine to like the seventies. No, I did not know that the last used to the guillotine in France, I think was nineteen seventy seven. So like over insane, Like over here in America it was all like flower power and hippies, and over in France it was like bag gettes and bloody heads, like and there's a photo of it. It was like it was a convicted murderer. And there's a photo of a medieval guillotine just like you would imagine a guillotine would look. And there's a crowd of people standing around watching this guy gaguillotine in the seventies.
Speaker 1: That's psychotic, that's insane. But you you're all about it, you want to bring it back.
Speaker 3: I think I think it changes people's characters.
Speaker 1: You're into like chopping off body parts, heads, thumbs.
Speaker 3: If it holds people to a higher standard, yes, And I kind of feel like that's why society is the way it is. There's no there's no repercussions for people anymore. Like people are getting off with doing like heinous, awful, terrible crimes and they're getting out. I mean, there's a reason why when you used to sail into a port as a pirate, they had like pirates hanging out that port to tell you, like, we don't we don't tolerate that shit here. And I feel like a lot of society I went back that you would only have to go back to it for literally like five days. If you did like, if you did for like five days.
Speaker 1: Dead bodies, people that deserve it.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you do that for like five days, it would be enough for people to be like, oh fuck, they're serious.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with that. Actually, I just want to know what all of the hangable offenses are because you're saying plagiarism, I'm not really sure. Oh okay, So thumbs off for plagiarism. What's the hangable offense?
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, murder, rape, anything involving kids like that kind of stuff. I mean, all day, string them up. Okay, so I got nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: If you can build society the way that you want it to be built, you're going to bring back death public death for five days.
Speaker 3: I'd be like Vlad the Impaler, but with better style.
Speaker 1: Oh really, well, how would your style be better?
Speaker 3: You know, a nice Victorian code or something.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have an idea. I bring this up in every podcast, almost every podcast. I want to start a podcast called Can I Touch It? And I just suit up and whatever I need to suit up in, and I try to touch all the animals that in my head I think I'd be able to touch because they will like feel that I'm a good person and they won't attack me.
Speaker 3: Is that a podcast or like it's more like a YouTube.
Speaker 1: It will be both. Yeah, it would be like a recorded You could definitely.
Speaker 3: Watch you up and just hear you scream.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm telling you, I don't think I will scream. I think we will get along very well. I just start with a platypus. Okay, I think I could touch a platypus I think would be okay. I know they have a little bit of poison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little poisonous spurs and yeah.
Speaker 1: And they're the best animal ever.
Speaker 3: I love blooming octopus.
Speaker 1: So I hear I saw a lady that had one.
Speaker 3: Honor wearing a glove or are you doing a bare handed.
Speaker 1: I would have to wear a glove because it will be very danger because it'll be very short lived if I don't have a glove.
Speaker 3: I think you're only allowed to wear a glove on animals.
Speaker 1: You don't care about people's fingers. We've established.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like the danger has to be there, though, Like you could wear a glove if you're touching a bear, because the danger is still there, right because a bear doesn't matter. It can rip your arm off. But if you're wearing a glove to touch a blooming octopus, that defeats the purpose.
Speaker 1: But a blue wearing octopus could poison me, So I mean.
Speaker 3: Part of it, that's the danger part of it.
Speaker 1: So the company is not behind me on this. I've really tried, but I've already started. I've started touching all the things I could possibly touch.
Speaker 3: What you just go to the zoo here and touch things.
Speaker 1: No, but you can. Did you know you can? You can get behind the scenes with a lot of the zoo stuff. So penguins you can't touch them. I got bitten by a penguin. It was the worst bite I think I've ever had in my entire life.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Monkeys, fifty to fifty monkeys are sketchy.
Speaker 3: Monkey scare me. I've never understood why anyone won a monkey as a pet.
Speaker 1: I understand it. I would never understand.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think I think monkeys are.
Speaker 1: Creepy because they're like little humans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're like little humans that are like terrible little humans.
Speaker 1: Like they're like toddlers.
Speaker 3: No, like they're worse because a toddler doesn't have that kind of strength or teeth. It's like, it's like everything you would not want your child to be is what. A monkey is stronger than you as sharp teeth, they're fucking crazy, They're fast, like everything you don't want your child to become. That's why I'm neuriused why you have monkey as a pet. It's like purposely being like I want the most ill behaved, horrible child, but I also wann't to have enough strength to rip me in half, and then you get a pet monkey. I've never understood it. It's stupid.
Speaker 1: Specifically chimpanzees, those were the tough. I got bitten by a monkey. The monkey had no teeth. It was one of the worst bruises I've ever had in my life. It was so bad. It was a lump in my thigh for probably three or four weeks.
Speaker 3: Because it went for it. Humans will pull back a bit because, like we kind of know them pain were inflicted by animals, don't They don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that monkey was like, please go fuck yourself. Horseshoe crabs were good, Sharks were good, fox were good.
Speaker 3: Snakes.
Speaker 1: I've touched a lot of snakes.
Speaker 3: Like poisonous ones.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't touch a poisonous one.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: I have a snake guy, so I think he'll let me come.
Speaker 3: There's a show where these guys just let like animals sting and bite them. I had camera what it's called.
Speaker 1: I've seen these guys before because they've gotten it from snakes and been and been completely and.
Speaker 3: They'll let like these giant hornets, or they'll they'll let like these really poisonous spiders like to let like a black widow bite them. It's called Kings of Pain. And then they rate it on like a scale and they let all sorts of just like really toxic, nasty insects by them.
Speaker 1: They only had two seasons. I wonder why are they alive? Let's see, Yeah, we had We have a friend who's an African safari tour guide and he said the thing that scares him more than anything, more than the lions, the hyenas, panthers, leopards, whatever it is, he's the black mamba is the scariest thing you'll ever encounter.
Speaker 3: That's super super fast and crawly toxic.
Speaker 1: I believe I could touch it that I would watch, you would watch me die.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the whole point of that show.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying someone's gonna steal this at some point because I talked about as.
Speaker 3: To say, Kings of Pain, I think kind of tried to do that. But the reason it's interesting because that you have to have the danger. It has to be dangerous.
Speaker 1: I think it would be dangerous, But.
Speaker 3: Nothing dangerous about touching some of these animals with the glove on.
Speaker 1: Okay, so some of them we won't wear the glove, but if my hand gets bitten off in the first round, Like it's just going to kill the season.
Speaker 3: But everyone's going to watch that episode, and.
Speaker 1: Thank god, we'd have one strong viral episode.
Speaker 3: Just go die, put that on YouTube, get some ad revenue. You get a couple million views. You're good.
Speaker 1: So your world so far. We are bringing back the guillotine. Yes, we're bringing back hanging people in public for five days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all you need.
Speaker 1: That's a duel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, duels for sure if two people agree on.
Speaker 1: For sure, and chopping off people's fingers for plagiarism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thumbs where else? I think that's probably a good start, a good start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's definitely wod You know what I think we should do. I think we should allow people and this would really help the dairy industry too, specifically egg farmers. We should allow people to get one egg a day, and if someone pisses you off, whatever they piss you off for, you can throw one egg a day. You only get one, so you have to be really discerning about whether you want to release that egg or not. And if you save them all up for a week and someone really pisses you off, you could throw all seven but I think that if we sort of police society that way, or you just can't walk around being a douchebag because you might get hit with an egg, people would up right differently.
Speaker 3: Well, it used to be like that where like, you know, people just punch you in the mouth. I mean, Mike Tyson has that famous quote where he says, you know, the problem is like people don't get punched in the mouth anymore.
Speaker 1: So would you bring back a punch of the mouth as well?
Speaker 3: Dude? If you're talking shit to someone and you get punched in the mouth and you deserved it, I'm all for that.
Speaker 1: Men and women equal opportunity.
Speaker 3: I think depends on the level of what's being said.
Speaker 1: So what could what could a woman say to you to deserve a punch in the mouth?
Speaker 3: To me, yeah, nothing, I mean because I I don't know that a woman could get under my skin in that way.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Because I just have like a different I view it differently.
Speaker 1: Do you value us less?
Speaker 3: No? I think I just view it as I view men with a different kind of level of like the character I expect from them. I guess, Okay, it's the same reason why I say, like two men dueling and like, you know, a game of cards. It's like I just kind of feel like I hold men to this certain standard that I feel like society is lost. I would expect, you know, men to behave a certain way, but you.
Speaker 1: Expect women to just be crazy, you expect that.
Speaker 3: I'm way more forgiving of it.
Speaker 1: Is it because we're smaller? Why you more forgiving?
Speaker 3: I think it's just me being polite. I think I think I think it's a way. I think just it's a way, like I think, I really do think it's just it's like a polite thing to do. It's because I don't consider it as much of a threat as I would like. So if a man is trying to get aggressive with me, like I know, there's like certain things that are going to be said, or like there's a certain like repercussion that's likely to happen unless I mean, have you seen the movie swim Fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a long time ago, The Stalker Girl that you Ain't Mad?
Speaker 3: Why that's a hard movie to watch because that was like super vindictive kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I love that swim Fan is your trigger.
Speaker 3: Dude, you should watch that movie. That lady is like she was like that's like straight up psychologic like trying to ruin someone's life.
Speaker 1: Kind of did they ever date? Was there like a thing I don't remember, you just remember it was so mad that she's the girl.
Speaker 3: That I remember watched it in high school and being like, whoa this this like makes me mad to watch.
Speaker 1: Do you ever? Do you ever have any encounters with like stalker like people off?
Speaker 3: But again, it's not something that's really bothered me.
Speaker 1: And yeah, this is you're a big guy, like soccer. Is that that bothers me?
Speaker 3: I mean some if some lady pulled a gun on me, I mean, no whole are barred at that point. But I do think probably some of it comes from the fact that I'm fairly confident, like my size, and then again it just comes down to the level of respect. And I think I have a pretty good sense of when people are trying to push my buttons too, and I know that a lot of times people want a certain reaction.
Speaker 1: And so it's kind of like in person or online.
Speaker 3: In person too, like really like I've steered away from a lot of like when I was younger, you know, going on Utah. I mean there's a lot of bar fights that happen.
Speaker 1: In like a lot of shit talkers in Utah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like country bar kind of stuff, Okay, I mean it's a lot of country boys at some of those places.
Speaker 1: I don't go to country bars, and so.
Speaker 3: Like I kind of always knew when like they were trying to start a fight, and I was like, that's the reaction they want. So at that point's like you do the opposite thing and it kind of irritates them more.
Speaker 1: So your world is shaping up to be a place of I guess we would say violence.
Speaker 3: It's a place of respect.
Speaker 1: It's a place of respect, and when there's no respect violence.
Speaker 3: It worked for a long time.
Speaker 1: I'm on board with this for the most part. I think I'm on board with it, and now it doesn't anymore, saying.
Speaker 3: A lot of countries were founded on that kind of stuff. I joke about things like cutting people's thumb off. But then part of me is like it holds people to a level. It holds people, It holds people to a level that I think it ultimately creates more self respect. And I just think a lot of people have gotten away with too much. I think people are too comfortable talking shit on other people. I think people are too comfortable judging others. I think people are too comfortable insulting others. I think people are too comfortable meddling in other people's lives. I feel that's the biggest drain social media has had on society.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then I will I'll leave our audience with the answer to this question. Through everything, through your journey and what you've been doing, are you happy right now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What would you like to be different?
Speaker 3: I do think there's things in my life I need to improve. I think my relationship. I think I'm on a good path towards fatherhood. I do think I can be a better father. And there's a lot that I want to accomplish in my career that I've yet to accomplish. And I think one of my biggest issues is I struggle with being happy than now. And I've realized that about myself because I'm very gold driven. I achieved something that I'm just like, what's next, What's next? And so probably one of the things that I know that I have really sucked at in my life is celebrating my wins. Like when some good happens, I don't really celebrate it. I just I moved to the next thing, and it's something that I'm actively trying to get better at. You know, I feel like I feel like a lot of my success has come from the fact that I'm never satisfied. But at the same time that has also caused probably some of my greatest pain in life. And so it's it's something I'm aware that I need to work on and I don't. I'm not gonna lie to someone and tell them that I don't, because I know I do. I know I struggle with that.
Speaker 1: Has writing these books been therapy for you as well? While you give people advice, most.
Speaker 3: Of the stuff I write is advice to myself.
Speaker 1: You're talking to yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of the stuff, and I've said this before, most of the stuff I write is things that I need to hear or things that I needed to hear at times like I'll look back and be like, man, if I would have known this six months ago, it would have made that situation easier. That's also kind of why I feel like so much responsibility for what I write. And it's the reason why like I'm so against like sponsored ads and kind of selling out. Is I need my work as much as other people need my work because I feel lost when I don't write, and writing forces me into this state of introspection that I wouldn't have otherwise, because when I sit down and I think, Okay, what am I going to write about today? Ninety five percent of the time, it's what am I currently feeling? Okay, Like, what am I dealing with right now? Particularly with what I've done with my substack the past few weeks, you know, I started kind of shifting my substack to things that are current on my mind, what am I currently struggling with, And a lot of it's me processing it and coming to terms of it, or it's me giving myself the advice that I know I need at the time.
Speaker 1: So I people want to find your books? Where can they find them?
Speaker 3: Amazon is where they're all available. If you search Kyle Kreek as a Captain, or you can search like any of the titles, if you search like speech Therapy or fucking History. I mean, it'll come up. And then my Amazon pages there that has everything.
Speaker 1: And you want them to get it now because you just sold one of these.
Speaker 3: I want them to definitely buy Speech Therapy now while it's a self published book, because it's money directly in my pocket, and I need some goats and that's my goat fund.
Speaker 1: A lot of questions about these goats, but okay, well, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Thanks for spinning so much time with me. And I'm sure we'll see you again when you come back through New York. All right, Kyle Creek, thank you.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Kyle was awesome. Love him for coming in. He's a good time. I feel like it would be nice to have him back. In light of all of the things that have happened over the last week or two.
Speaker 2: It's insane that we have lived through a presidential assassination attempt, a Y two K bug basically, and then a president dropping out, all in one week.
Speaker 1: It's insanity if you think about just our lifetimes as millennials. Yes, what we've done through, it's a miracle that we're so well preserved and we look young. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I just want like a pause on unprecedented events, right, Can we make them presidented again?
Speaker 1: For the No. I don't want any of this to be precedented, none of it. I am sick of it. I'm tired of just being like, huh.
Speaker 2: It's it's like you're trying not to doom scroll, but at the same time, it's like then you feel uninformed, and then being uninformed, it's like that's such a faux pas, especially nowadays. But you really do need to carve out some time to just kind of scream into a pillow. Uh, maybe do some hot yoga, Oh my god, just do something to get your mind off of it.
Speaker 1: And it's also very interesting. And I'm just gonna say this one thing. I know that there are a lot of people who say things like we can all disagree on politics and we can still be friends. And I think that used to be the case. I do not feel that that's the case anymore. And I'm gonna explain why. Because if you are a person who is in the impacted group of a lot of the things that could be coming down the barrel, if you're in the LGBTQIA community, if you are a minority, if you are a woman, if you care about medicaid, if you care about all these very big important things, maybe even wars overseas. If you care about those things, if you're impacted by those things, it's very hard to be friends with a person who actively votes against you and your human rights, your bodily autonomy, and all of these things. It's getting more and more difficult to do that as badly as it seems to be existing now. So if you see people getting a little more tense and a little more chaotic about things, that could be part of the reason. And if you can sit there and say, hey, we can still be friends. You have to take a step back and appreciate how very, very privileged you are to be in a group that you know is not going to be impacted by these things. And that's not a bad thing, that doesn't make you a bad person. Enjoy it. Appreciate that because I know I'm not in that group. Andrew, I don't think you're in that group. It's a tough one.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's I think you said it perfectly. You can. I'm all up for discussion. I'm all for talking things out. I think you can approach things, try and change people's minds in heart. But it just is getting very difficult to even start those conversations without saying, like, if we can't settle on basic human rights, then we really gotta take several steps back just to get there. And it's hard to explain something like that to somebody.
Speaker 1: It's tough to explain. And is this podcast gonna get political?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably. I'm not even gonna lie because you know what, you know what this is. It's auso on the side. It's all the stuff I get to do here in my studio and or my control that we don't do on the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you, honestly, have you how got about this?
Speaker 3: Let me take a second.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna say something mean to me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Wait, are you gonna say something nice to me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I'll take all the seconds you need.
Speaker 2: You are very politically passionate. Is that what you would say? Passionate? Politically?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: How do I? I don't even know what I would say, but you don't. Yes, but you do have voice that you want to use more. And I think instead of stifling it and not trying to come out and say how you really feel, like that would be more of a harm than actually saying what you feel and maybe even changing a few minds and hearts.
Speaker 1: Maybe. I had a friend asking the other day if it was really difficult because of these jobs to have an opinion about everything, especially you know, stupid celebrity news. He's like, do you actually care do you really talk about these things? And like, do I actually care about it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't care what a celebrity wants to do with their lives and themselves. Good, go live your life. I think what's much harder is to have an opinion and not be able.
Speaker 2: To say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a way way tougher thing in this business and entertainment and probably a lot of businesses than caring about stupid celebrity. So it's harder to not say the things that are in your heart. So prepare yourselves.
Speaker 2: This could get bumpy, yes, but be open for conversation. Don't just come control. Don't just be so quick to be as both parties are want to do triggered by something or calling them out. Actually listen, digest it. If you think there's an alternative fact that maybe someone's not hearing, present it, but that's.
Speaker 1: Not a thing. Alternative fact.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're coming with a quote unquote research.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you an alternate opinion, that is the thing. Yes, an alternate fact does not exist. They continue apologies.
Speaker 2: One plus one does equal to this guy is blue. There is an alternative fact to that.
Speaker 1: Graveity Israel. It is on earth.
Speaker 2: But yeah, think about it. Don't just be so quick to be angry, and who knows, maybe you'll learn a thing or two.
Speaker 1: And that was your boy Andrew, who you can find on social media at Andrew Bug only on Instagram because he will not dabble in anything else.
Speaker 2: I got rid of Twitter the minute Elon went crazy.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you it's live over there right now, going do.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy I'm away from the sesspool and.
Speaker 1: I am at Baby Hot Sauce on Twitter, even though I guess we call it x now and I never really know X or tweet whatever.
Speaker 2: I would never dead name someone, but I'm a dead named.
Speaker 1: Twitter, okay, and on Instagram at Baby Hot Sauce. Come holler and uh. We love you and we're always open to suggestions. If there's stuff you want us to talk about, please send it our way. Yes, yeah, okay, say by it until next time, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Hey, buye until next time, Andrew