Speaker 1: The following. He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys World Head Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Six past second, Plea's got tig tis any patients that touchdown and.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 1: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, it is time for a say what you're jest foraday. Here are Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Welcome in everybody, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas in the SWBC studios. We've got Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back with Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 1: I'm Kyle Yeoman's.
Speaker 6: It is Eagles week in town, baby, I'm done being negative.
Speaker 1: Screw the Eagles. Let's go. We've got a division.
Speaker 6: Rivalry on the the docket this week and we're gonna make things happen.
Speaker 1: I don't care who's hurt, I don't care who's in there. We're gonna be positive in all the miracles because I don't like the positive because they say so I'm not a bird man. I am a bird watcher. I like you.
Speaker 7: That is it.
Speaker 1: Wuston birds win last night. Hopefully there's no more birds. That's it. That's it. You was just told that game was nuts. That was a crazy nutty That's the second nutty game they've had this year against that team. That's how you that's how you work with w R one. Chase bro went carazy.
Speaker 4: It was disrespectful and yet and they still didn't throw it to him on the two point conversion.
Speaker 1: If you're if you're a quarterback there, if you're Joe Burrow and you're in the s and I have one on one, Yeah, we come out there at a formation, We check to see what they're going to line up in defensively. Would they call it time out? We call it time out. We come back out, line up, get the same matchup we want. Yes, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: You're going to Chase, no matter what I'm saying, Like, I don't know why Zach did not call that to Chase.
Speaker 1: Don't know, don't know, Yeah, I don't know. Backup tight end.
Speaker 4: Though, with the game on the line, game on Baltimore going for two, thought you had something, but you obviously didn't out smart yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got cue play a quick update.
Speaker 6: We've talked about it a couple of times on this show. The Black Rifle Coffee workout event was this morning.
Speaker 1: Let's go. It was this morning.
Speaker 6: Uh, there were going So when we started advertising it, Yeah, they must have lost your number in the process, right, don't you were getting your scanned.
Speaker 8: I put your name out there.
Speaker 1: But here's a good thing about it.
Speaker 6: So when we started talking about it, there were about thirty individuals signed up, about thirty sign ups. By the end of it, they had one hundred and forty sign ups and they had to move it from outside inside the Ford Center.
Speaker 1: Today for the whole workout this morning. It was a really cool event.
Speaker 9: Very shot the Black Rifle coffee shouts to the workout because is upset.
Speaker 1: Everybody showed up.
Speaker 8: He had a snooze button a couple of times. And then you want to work out.
Speaker 1: You're good Black. You get that look in your eyes, Black Rifle.
Speaker 6: I thought we had an agreement that I don't think it's I don't think it's Black Rifle's fault.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't think it's black Oh it's upstairs. Yeah, yeah, I think I don't think you in a minute either. Derek tid me Like, if you go up and you ask Derek about that event, he's gonna be like, what are you talking then me for yeah. All right, let's get into some news and notes here on this say it with your chest Friday.
Speaker 4: All right, So let's start with the good. The good is that Michael Parsons continues to trend toward returning to the field right although he was limited listed as to it again yesterday, his workload did ramp up and I had some conversations after the fact and he said he feels great and no one's really concerned right now. So he's continuing to ramp up and now comes to the downturn. Duran Bland did not practice again. He continues to not trend toward returning, So I think at this point you can go ahead and draw a line through Deron Bland against the Philadelphia Eagles. Eric Kendricks good news. So we're doing this roller coaster thing. Eric Kendricks, dealing with the shoulder injury, did not practice on Wednesday, which would have been his veteran rest day anyway, but he did return to practice on Yesterday Thursday, so he's trending toward taking the field ceedee lamb. More good news seed. He said that he feels far better than he did after that shoulder injury, that fringed ac joint happened against the Falcons on Sunday. He said, it's basically like two different he feels like two different people right now.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So he's still working through it, still nursing it, but it sounds like from a pain management point point, he is in a good space.
Speaker 1: So that's that's great.
Speaker 4: Just put a pin in that because that's all well and good until the Eagles target their shoulder. Okay, but he'll play, so that's the good news. Downturn Zach Martin, Now, there is concern from me because he would have had a veteran rest day on Wednesday anyway. But like we said, if you receive treatment, you have to have that listed shoulder injury. But it held him out of practice on Thursday. Okay, shoulder, not the back. Not the back that he's been dealing with. Now he's dealing with the shoulder in addition to the back. So we'll see if Zach Martin practice is on Friday. Now, if he does not practice today Friday, That doesn't preclude him from playing against the Eagles, but it makes you concern about what level of Zach Martin you can get in a season where he's already struggling to play at the Zach Martin level anyway.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna I'm gonna say something bold here. It's say with your chest, Friday, this is what we're all about.
Speaker 1: What are you about to you know what you're about to go bad?
Speaker 6: I'm okay with I'm okay with sitting. I'm not benching Zach Martin. Let me make it abundantly clear. I am not benching Zach Martin.
Speaker 1: If he's banged up, sit him down for a couple of games, or at least one game, give him some time.
Speaker 7: T J.
Speaker 6: Bass is a fully healthy, fully capable right guard. Let him play.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm at. No, No, he's banged up. If Zach Martin was fully healthy, this would not be a conversation. Chris beIN, Chris Bean, can we rewind a footage of But there was a time, okay where where mister k Y himself said that a seventy percent Zach Martin. I agree, He'll take that over one hundred percent. Yep. Back. But he's ask me, ask me what the percentage is? Right, He's not even seventy, right, yeah, ask me what the percentages? He's close like probably sixty.
Speaker 6: Lesser than that, it's close to like sixty is Oh no, man, his film has been half of what he's.
Speaker 1: Been in the past. I'm not watch the film. I'm just telling you what is the truth.
Speaker 6: He has not played, not even to a good level this year. Has been a bad right guard. And it's probably because he's banged up. Probably he's banged up.
Speaker 1: He's been bad, bad Michael Jackson, not, I don't know about it. It hasn't been good.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're so you're at the point where you're like, you know what, Zach, it's not he's it's not a healthy scratch.
Speaker 6: I'm coming out if he's fully healthy, If he's fully healthy, I'm still playing Zach Martin because I agree with you. If I'm talking able to do his job at a high level, because he's Zach Martin and he's still a great guard.
Speaker 1: Play TJ. Bass this week, and let's see what he's got moving forward. I'm not giving the job away. I like what I like. The Devil's Advocate you're playing here. I don't have your usually I'm the one that does this to you over these blackberries are hitting. I want to see DJ Bass this week and won't see what happens.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess the counterpoint to that, and I agree with you on that because we're not talking about making Martin a healthy scratch. We're saying that at earlier in the season, when he was dealing with the back issue whatever, We're like, Okay, this is an eighty percent ZAC, right, but now it's a lingering back issue and the shoulder issue that's keeping you out of practice even beyond your rest day, so your rest day is no longer enough for you to be able to come back and practice again, in addition to take some time the film, and he might be kind of sundowning with his play, which is fine because I said last season that there were fractures in the armor right the dusk on the career was coming.
Speaker 1: I think we're even for Kings, it come right in the dusk right now, So I guess and I saw.
Speaker 4: I agree with Colin that the counterpoint, which I don't necessarily agree with, but if I'm Zach, if this is my quiet swan Swan song, I only have with nine games that can happen, you're not take king one or two of those games.
Speaker 1: I agree with that too.
Speaker 6: So just for reference, Isaiah, standback, just so we're say we're talking. Since we're talking, let me let me throw these out here, since we're talking percentages. Here, this is his overall offensive blocking grade according to Pro Football Focus on the last three games.
Speaker 1: But what was that, guys? Yeah? I know, but over the last three.
Speaker 6: Games, twenty eight against Detroit, he got a twenty eight on that test, He got a fifty four on the test against San Francisco, and he got a fifty seven last week against Atlanta. I would say Zach Martin should be because he's Zach Martin in the high eighties, low nineties every single time. So that's about If we're talking percentages, we're talking about sixty percent maybe fifty five percent on average between the two over those last three games.
Speaker 1: Who give me? Do you remember?
Speaker 4: Do you remember there was a time where Zach Martin did I would have given him probably you remember there was a time when Zach Martin could go the majority of the season and not allow a single sack. Yep, Okay, well, right, Now he's already allowed twenty seven quarterback pressures, which is second second most on the Cowboy the third most on the Cowboys because Terrence Steel thirty one. Tyler got in twenty eight, but by one he's almost tied with Tyler Guy in a rookie.
Speaker 1: Okay, he says.
Speaker 4: He's giving up five sacks through the first eight games. This is not the same Zach Martin. That's all we're saying. That's just not And I agree.
Speaker 8: I agree that in my opinion, you start TJ.
Speaker 1: Bass.
Speaker 7: I really do.
Speaker 9: If we're talking about the future and we're evaluating for the future, if that's your guy, if he's the guy to succeed Zach Martin, in my pinion, likely he is, you start him. If Zach Martin is not eighty five percent or better.
Speaker 4: But again, Zach Martin, and he's not. But again, Zach Martin is one of the legends. He's a living legends. So if he says you can't take these one.
Speaker 8: Or two games away, he's earning that time to slap he has.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying, oh my right, yeah.
Speaker 4: The final news circles back to dak about the news. The note circles back to Dak Prescott. Jerry Jones said earlier this week to one oh five through the Fan that it was quote unquote likely that Dak Prescott will head to i R. He's not been moved to i R yet, Mike Mike McCarthy said it was because they were collecting more data. He was getting second and even third opinions. Stephen Jones spoke to a San Antonio radio station on yesterday and sounds like he's going to be moved to IR maybe today or tomorrow. The verbiage from Stephen Jones was later this week. Okay, we're already in later this week, so likely happens. So that will put him down for at least four games. By all accounts, it sounds like he's going to be down for more than four games. Could that be six? Could that if it's six to eight, If it's closer to eight, that's the season question. Did it matter unless you make the playoffs?
Speaker 1: But okay, did it.
Speaker 8: Matter which time you what day you put him on IR?
Speaker 1: No week this week, that's what we as to do it this week.
Speaker 4: Then his first eligible back would still be December ninth against the Bengals if you wait until because correct if you went until Monday, then it's not until December sixteenth, So you got to play it that way. And I'm of the mindset, especially speaking with the guy in the locker room on yesterday, when Dak Prescott gets moved to I R maybe as early as Monday. I think you see Brandon Cooks take that seat because Brandon cook said that he feels great right now, so he's just waiting to you know, get his medical clearance and.
Speaker 1: He's been activated, like not yet. I was thinking that because he qualified for it.
Speaker 4: He and DeMarcus Lawrence qualified for it this past Wednesday, but it wasn't activated for either of them.
Speaker 6: But that, yeah, that's tough for me to like, that's the that's the position that you're gonna use like that because it would be a correspondent. You're right, it will be a corresponding move. I don't know, maybe bring up a practice squad guy or something. I don't know if that was If that were the case.
Speaker 1: Would be like Alvin Cook, like you would sign Dalvin Cook to the active roster, take him off one more one more elevation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you could make that move or you could just use his elevation. Yeah, but then you would have to have a corresponding move later. But I guess that spots either way.
Speaker 8: If you're going to keep up, probably another injury right then, I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 4: I mean unfortunately. I mean, with all jokes aside, that's kind of how things are going. So that's one of those things where you let it work itself out. But the first thing that pops in the head is Brandon Cooks because talking to him, even after the Mingo trade and everything, his spirit is still high because he knows what he can contribute. But he said he's looking forward to trying to get on the field Monday night against Houston Texas.
Speaker 1: So nice, you know. So that's what I means'd be awesome. So there are your news and notes for Friday.
Speaker 6: All right, Before we take our first break, I want to remind everybody that this week, or I don't even know if I'm reminding anybody, but I want to put it out there. Isaiah Stanback himself will be out at ATNC Stadium. That's part of the pregame live through two pm start time.
Speaker 1: We're out at the A T N T. East Plaza out at the stadium.
Speaker 8: So not just his hand back.
Speaker 1: And Barry Church and Nate Newton and Nicole Hutchison, Kat and the whole group. He's here, Kate can that's unfortunate.
Speaker 8: Fans, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He does have fans. He does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people know KG and it places to be not just finding an eight time Emmy Award winner fans.
Speaker 1: He's got some fans, no doubt.
Speaker 9: But I just need people to point him out like they do for Bean Man. Listen, you could be walking by like on the on the sidelines and everyone ris.
Speaker 1: Y'all come through. Guys, make sure they turned the camera on every once in a while. Kate.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We guys got you guys got two options. You guys are at the game. You guys at the game. You guys come see us while at the game. Yep, okay, come kick it with your boys over there at two o'clock in the afternoon. Or you guys were at the crib and you guys either watch it on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Let's go more than at Yeah. Is app that get to the chop absolute?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: YouTube? They have apps for TVs now, yes, yeah, crazy, they call them smart TVs. You can download the Cowboys a twenty twenty four pregame Live, No cut, no cutt.
Speaker 8: Get your pregame on the internet, not even game at your oats.
Speaker 1: On the internet sick.
Speaker 6: So uh, if you bring by the way, I've done this before, but if you bring a talking Cowboys like sign, reference or something like that, We've got a ton of freebies.
Speaker 1: They will be the first ones to get it. I'm not even gonna pretend to be unbiased.
Speaker 6: Matter of fact, if I see a talking Cowboys fan or shirt or sign or anything, you will get something I will I have, like yettie bags and water.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you guys what you guys get the meat church barbecue rub like. I don't even care. I'm gonna figure it out.
Speaker 6: The first black rifle Coffen.
Speaker 8: Ice gets card.
Speaker 1: The first three people that come to the pregame live show live at the stadium with a talking Cowboys t shirt, tattoo, whatever it is. I am gonna ensure that you guys get a signed autographed picture of Kyle Yomans with his shirt off. I'll do that tough acting time.
Speaker 6: I'll do that, which is kind of gonna be weird because now I have to take the pictures and print them before.
Speaker 1: Oh you do have a couple of them.
Speaker 6: That's good, all right, but that's gonna be I would agree with I would have totally agree to that.
Speaker 1: I would absolutely agree to it. All right. When we come back, you're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It's a Friday, which means high five coming out on Dallas Cowboys dot Com late today.
Speaker 1: Don't you shave your chest gone? You leave the chest there out, buddy, I have plenty of it, all right. When we come back, we're gonna talk high five, five.
Speaker 6: Key players for the Cowboys to have a complete turnaround in the second half of the season when we come back.
Speaker 1: Right after this Anchorman style.
Speaker 6: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that get gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee. Today, Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure five G.
Speaker 10: Requires campable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 1: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 6: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 8: The wins will be even tasteier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 1: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back You're on Talking Cowboys visited by Black Rifle Coffee Company from the Star and fristco.
Speaker 1: This portrait of the show is brought.
Speaker 6: To you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 8: Eighteen seventy seven to buying your oats on the Internet. In twenty twenty four, let's go with a drone.
Speaker 1: Baby, Yeah, they'll do drop the oats with a drone. I wonder if they're gonna have like a one hundred and fifty years celebration.
Speaker 8: A centennial for oats, like a yeah, like a hunt o thing.
Speaker 1: Oks have earned the right. How do you guys feel about drones dropping off your packages? I saw that the other day. By the way, it's happening in Dallas. For sure, that's happening in Dallas. Yeah, that means been in the works for years from like Amazon. I don't care as long as the package gets to me, just Amazon Walmart.
Speaker 12: I was at my son's football practice and this drone goes flying over our football practice and me and one of the coaches.
Speaker 1: Like, is that one of those Walmart drones?
Speaker 12: And we're like looking, and then stopped by the house right next to us and you see it come out of the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, there it is. I'm found with it to a degree. I'm not gonna get on the shipbox.
Speaker 4: I'm found with it to a degree as long as it doesn't take away too many human jobs, right, So that's my only problem with It's just like if the drone is doing it then a person is not doing it.
Speaker 9: I meanwhile, every delivery delivery driver should just throws a bullet at my door with a package.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of.
Speaker 7: I love the way they take the picture as they're walking away at like full speed, you know, over their shoulder.
Speaker 8: Like the door was open already. I'm just standing there, Ca.
Speaker 6: You know, have you ever seen the pack McAfee clip where they're at the rose Bowl and the bomber flies by like they were doing a test for like the flyover.
Speaker 1: He's like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 10: That was?
Speaker 1: Beam at that at his son's dronte.
Speaker 4: That's funny, all right, Biamber went full of age, sent something at the point yelling at the cloud and my day.
Speaker 1: Lazy kids bombs. I was kind of jealous. Actually need to order wal Mart exactly. I want to order something. Just orders ninety eight TV. We're a Tom Thumb and Albertson's company. Guys. We got to talk about how good Tom Thumb and Albertson's is. All right? Uh, when when we get to Fridays, it's always about high five. High five is the the uh the article that comes out Friday that has a topic of five, A top five list basically and Dallas dot Com absolutely really the one money maker bread and butter. I've got a tattooed on me.
Speaker 6: Top five high five logo, good stuff, get talking Cowboys tattoo.
Speaker 1: We'll give you a gift card. Don't please, don't do that. Give me a gift card. Listen, holidays are coming. I'm accepting gift cards. Let's go.
Speaker 8: Today's take a ten dollars in visil line gift card.
Speaker 1: Thanks givens in a couple of weeks. I know that's weird. Top five players that are key to turning this thing around for the Dallas Cowboys. That's what the list is today.
Speaker 6: Five players that are going to turn it around for Dallas and key to turning it around for Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because so if you had to sorry that was a David Shall reference, I know, but if you had to reference it to a player on the team who is die players that need to step it up number one, key to a turnaround, maybe not stepping it up. I want one player from each I am going to say, I'm gonna say Micah, and I'm gonna say Micah because this team needs an infusement of energy and hope. There hasn't been a dominant player outside of the Mario and Overshan on that side of the ball. And even there's inconsistencies there. There's inconsistencies there, but they're expected because he's young. Yeah, you need somebody that you can depend on to say, hey, it's third down situation at crowskyetting Live, please go get this quarterback, please, even if it's just a pressure like you need. There's nobody that is feared on that side of the ball right now. And I think that defensively, they need that, they need their savior right now, even if it doesn't come from a production standpoint, even if it just comes from the perspective of teams having to scheme up to go focus their attention on him, and they might give other guys the ability to step up their game. Sometimes you just play better when your leader's there. And I think that until Delall comes back, I think that Micah is that energy bust for them. He is the hope. He is the he's the chosen one that is able to go around that side of the ball. And even though he's not talking, you know he's sitting there with his legs crossed like the old ware he got his hands on his hips. You know when he has that look in his eye, he's about to go after and get that for that quarterback and as a cornerback, guess what, Now, I could be a little bit more aggressive right now, I got a little bit more. I got a little bit more more pepping my step to be a little bit more aggressive and get at the line of scrimmage. Now, if I'm a d lineman, I'm like, okay, yeah, let's go heat. You know, I got my dog with me. Let's go let's go hunt. So you just it's a whole vibe thing. It's not to say that their abilities are now greater, right, It's not like a character on freaking Street Fighter and now all of a sudden you're your abilities, because yeah, your abilities have grown. But it's just you just have a boat of confidence when you know that you have a playmaker on that side of the ball.
Speaker 8: Oh I love it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 8: For me, it's Ceedee Lamb. Of course he's the marquee player.
Speaker 9: He's the one that I think when you look back at the years where Tony Romo, for instance, Tony Romo would get hurt a lot towards the end of his career, and you would see des Bryan Stone no matter who was throwing the ball, Matt Castle, you, anybody that was throwing him the ball, he was making plays. He was he was the heart and soul of the offense. I think that's what Ceedee Lamb needs to be. I don't know that there is another player behind Ceedee Lamb on the offense that will be able to galvanize and rally the players, rally the offense to go forward. And I think you line them up against Cooper Dejene.
Speaker 8: Come on, man, come on man, that's give me that all day.
Speaker 1: Honestly, what's a good number for CD this week?
Speaker 8: Good number reception wise?
Speaker 1: Either one.
Speaker 6: Let's go yardage. Last week he had like what was it? He had eight receptions for forty seven yards. That's the fewest for a player with twelve targets, fewest yardage since.
Speaker 1: Like, give me twenty twenty one, give.
Speaker 8: Me twelve targets, give me two hundred and.
Speaker 9: Sixty yards, jam Chase, Chase, give me that, but instead give me a W two.
Speaker 1: Do you not have any faith Isaiah for two forty six with Cooper Rush throwing the ball? Dude, kidding, Cooper Rush thos A nice ball. You know what, I truly I know this is off topic, but Cooper, hm, I'm not going to say that. No, say it. It's a your what ship is it?
Speaker 6: I am going to one hundred Rebut what you say, just for the Zach Martin thing you pulled, here we go.
Speaker 1: No, Cooper Rush is going to give I'm not gonna make any comparisons, but he is going to give these receivers a greater opportunity to have yak yardage this week.
Speaker 9: Whoa because like you said yesterday, he throws with anticipation.
Speaker 8: Baby, I like you.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me. And for people that are like you got your out your mind right now, let's rewind it real quickly.
Speaker 6: There's probably a lot of people that are agreeing with you, but now they're angry because you paid a guy sixty million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: I don't write checks. I don't write checks. Oh I know. But I'm saying he he doesn't play with the anticipation. No, no, no, no, no no, I'm breaking down. That's what I'm saying. That's why I was That's why I pulled back on the statement, because the comparisons automatically gonna be made soon as you make a statement or yes, Okay, I'm speaking specifically, sugges Cooper Rush, and I don't want to get us off our high five. Okay, but Cooper Rush, go back to that game. He should be on that list. He should have had five touchdowns last week. Cooper Rush should have had five touchdowns. You guys are looking at me like I'm crazy. Let me walk it through it. He had a touchdown with Jayalen Tolbert. Jalen Tolbert dropped a touchdown. Ceede Land dropped a touchdown. Uh Cavante Turpin caught the ball across the middle and it would have been a touchdown. And then there was one more.
Speaker 10: There was one more.
Speaker 1: There was one more. I can't remember. There was one more. There was at least four should have been touchdowns. But I think there's a fifth one as well. But those are four that should have been touchdowns. Legit, that's CD dropped one. Tolbert dropped one. Tolbert caught one. Interfect caught it in the middle of the field and then just put the brakes on and did a TASKMANI and devil spin when he literally had forty yards in space and them in front of him, so Cooper Rush came in and did that. No, Warma hasn't been taking reps with the ones, and anticipation was there. The ball was there on time. He had pressure in his face on almost every throw. His footwork was on point, he was looking off the safety, he was still keeping his eyes down the field, his foot his feet were moving around in the pocket. Go back and watch the film. I'm not just throwing this out there. I saw him at the at the coffee machine yesterday and I told him that. I told him I had to represent for him on Good Morning Football because they were trying to hate on him. I said, hey, bros, just people you know this backup, right, So people are going to disrespect you just because you're a backup. I said, hey, I had to tell people to put some respect on your name now because you came in there dropping dimes. You came in there dropping dimes and doing what you were. Expect what you were. They ain't even an expectation of a backup. Let's be real, let's not even an expectation of he superceedes what a backup is expected to do. And when you look at his footwork, when you look at his his his his discipline with his eyes and when you look at his anticipation and his accuracy. I don't know what else you can do with j. R. Wells you could ask for from a backup quarterback. You're in good hands.
Speaker 4: No, He's one of the more prototypical backups that you want. I mean, in twenty twenty two, and this is in my science lab. It's deep linked to my science lab for this week. Check it out on the dot com. I dedicated an entire science yes science, Yes science as a thank you letter to Cooper Rush for what he did in twenty twenty two and keeping the season on the rails. I asked Cooper Rush yesterday though, because this is a different situation. In twenty twenty two, he was being asked to keep the season from going off the rails. He had an offensive line that was protecting. He had a defense that was taking the ball away and playing well. Fast forward to twenty twenty four. Defense is not taking the ball away, they're not playing well. You don't have an offensive line that can consistently protect well, and you're being asked to help put the team back on the rails. This is wildly different. And for that as much as I love Cooper Rush. And this is not a but I'm going to add something to this and circle back to this.
Speaker 1: This high five. For me, it's a guy who hasn't even played this season or last season for that matter. It's Trey Lance. Wow on high five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna go different here. Let's go different here. And this is also a shameless plug for this week's science lab. For me, it's I need Trey Lance unleashed, and I will qualify it as as such. I'm not saying I want Trey Lance to start against the Eagles. That's not what I'm saying at all. Cooper Rush deserves to start. Cooper Rush is going to cook as best as he is allowed to cook. Sure, Okay, but which team in this league has the worst rushing yard has the least rushing yards.
Speaker 1: Of any team in the league.
Speaker 4: I believe the Dallas It is the Dallas Cowboys in both the yardage, rushing, touchdown, rushing yards per per per carry, so forth, and so on. Not good, Bob, Not good Bob. And I just told you that your office time. We talked about we need to get like a ding every time we say that, every so GV we just We spent a good portion of the first segment talking about how Zach Martin he's not playing to the Zach Martin level. We talked about Terrence Steele kind of having his struggles the offensive line, so Farth and so on. We wanted Dak Prescott to use his legs to escape that pocket pressure. Okay, Cooper can escape a time, time and again. But if you get packages in there for Trey Lance, it opens up so many possibilities.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: For example, if Cooper Rush were to run a read option, if you're the linebacker, are you concerned that Cooper Rush is gonna tuck it and run?
Speaker 1: No, you're not. You're gonna take that handoff. Aren't you just gonna bring eight guys in the box. And so the tree Lance comes in the game.
Speaker 4: Ah, and this is this is gonna go to my next point. It's also an evaluation for Trey Lance's arm. Okay, So if it were read option package, for an example, on one note, you could hand it off to set that standard for that particular play. You could come back in another red zone visit looks like the same play, but he tucks it and he runs itself. Okay, So that's now third red zone visit at some point in the game. Now he tucks, but now you're crashing down, so you throw it over their head. Jake Ferguson, Ceedeelamb whomever, Jaylen Tober, whomever might be. It just opens up a lot of possibilities because what you're gonna have to do, when I know you agree with this, you have to make the Eagles defensive front indecisive. It would be far more unpredictability when Trey Lance is on the field.
Speaker 1: It's not a guarantee that he's going to run.
Speaker 4: It gives you that option for him to run of, for him to handoff, all for him to just lob it across the middle of the field over your head. The biggest issue with Trey Lance in my film review I'm gonna get right to you is the deep ball. Would you disagree is a deep ball accuracy?
Speaker 1: I would not disagree. That's why you need That's why you need one. But that's why you need to keep Cooper Rush starting and in the game as well.
Speaker 4: I think a hybrid of Cooper Rush and Trey Lance is going to give you some electricity that is much needed on this offense.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's Tree Lance, all right. I know we got to blow through the tip, right, but has he shown you on film no, that he's ready for this opportunity. No, so at that point as an experience.
Speaker 4: And I don't care because I'm paying you five plus million dollars against my cap. I've given up a fourth round pick and I need to figure out five and I need to figure out if you're a viable.
Speaker 1: QB two for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: For all of these reasons, including needing an insurgent of electricity into this offense and this rushing attack, you need to have packages in for Trey Lance, but not at the full expense of Cooper rush. So Cooper still needs to start. Cooper still needs to cook when he can. But you gotta throw some tray in there.
Speaker 1: Man, you got it.
Speaker 8: I don't trust this coaching staff to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, damn it.
Speaker 9: I mean, I love it, I love the idea, I love it, but there's nothing about this coaching staff that says, let's have packages ready for Trey Lance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be creative enough to get to that point. Hey, I'm just telling you what I do, and I agree with you. Yeah. And also you're at three and five.
Speaker 4: You're running out of you know what he got to lose, man, you got so much to possibly gain with another game.
Speaker 1: Everything your job are.
Speaker 4: You're currently do you currently have a firm grip on it right now? No go out guns So you just gotta go out guns blazing if you're going out. If I'm Mike McCarthy, set off, let's say my.
Speaker 1: Job and then we'll put my job in the hands of trailanders. I put my job in my own hands.
Speaker 4: Right I'm the one making the decision, and I'm saying that my offense is struggling. This could be an insurgency of electricity, and if if things continue to spiral out of control, if nothing else goes right, I'm going out on my shield.
Speaker 7: I hear that.
Speaker 4: If I'm Mike McCarthy, I'm saying, you know, I don't have a guarantee for a deal next year and things are not going my way. I don't want to go out with a whimper. Mike McCarthy, do not go quietly into the dying light. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think this is what said with your chest Friday was all about.
Speaker 6: This is what it was built for because in this the first two segments of this episode, I've tried to sit Zach Martin.
Speaker 1: You just say Cooper Rush is better than Dak Prescott. You're saying Trey Lance should be the starter.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 1: Being aggressive aggressive, and then Josh's over here saying get rid of everybody. They're not creative enough. So yeah, now this is say it with your chest, Friday.
Speaker 7: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm here for trying new things at this point in time. Man, Like you're three and five.
Speaker 6: Like you said, the season is not over yet. You're two games under five hundred. You've got a long way to go, and you're playing against the.
Speaker 1: Division for five more opportunities.
Speaker 6: You've got five chances, five swings at this thing to try and catch up from behind.
Speaker 1: It's not over yet. So is it really playing with house money scenario right this second?
Speaker 6: Probably not, because you're not playing with house money right now, but you're getting close to that point. And if you get to that point, not only are you playing with house money, you're playing with the only chips you've got left. You're going, oh, man, I'm not going to say it, but I am going to say it, You're going all in.
Speaker 1: In the opposite in it's like it's like that Simpsons me Is he going to say it? Is he going to say it? Yes?
Speaker 6: The opposite way of all in is what you're at and you're running out of chips, So why not let's try and figure this out, try and put this thing back.
Speaker 1: On the rails. All right.
Speaker 6: When we come back here on Talking Cowboys, it's time for our Pickham segment. If you want to be a part of it, give us a call. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We need the best fan representative ever to try and continue to keep Isaiah in the doghouse, down in last place and get Beamer's bulletin when we come back, ketch up on.
Speaker 1: The ketch up on the standings and everything. We're talking Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Right after this, Tom thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savina Todd believe the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g It is fast, reliable and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 2: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 14: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch.
Speaker 7: This year.
Speaker 14: You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetie dot Com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys and we're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 1: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 15: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very Digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitor for qualit assurance. Message in data rate and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a number fdic to Talking.
Speaker 1: Cowboys and then you talking again.
Speaker 6: Back here Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee. This segment has brought to you by visit Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. We're having some fun here on this stay with your Chest Friday, tossing around some ideas, tossing around how this Cowboys football team can beat the dirty, dirty Eagles. Coming up this week, we got our Hickham segment coming up momentarily. But before we get there, we've got what has become one of my favorite segments.
Speaker 1: Of the entire week. It's time for some Beamers bulletin. All right, Cayle, you want the standings for the week.
Speaker 7: I too. We all know who's on top. Hey, the top dog from Georgia. That'd be no sea Walker. He's thirty six and seventeen on the air. Second place is my guy, my roomy back here, Josh. Hey, he's thirty five and fourteen. Only one game, Josh, come on, keep it on coming for the little guys.
Speaker 1: I almost thought you would.
Speaker 7: Kyle's in third place, the fans are in fourth place, and the puppy in the bag stand back thirty one and twenty six.
Speaker 1: Only one person got a dog last week, some thirty five. Who was that? Wait? Wait wait wait one person? And this was a shocking dog.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because Cole got the dog with the Carolina the Carolina kitties last week down the Saints.
Speaker 12: He got it.
Speaker 1: Dog baby kitties took down the Saints last week, and he got his extra bonus points. I used the cat to get a dog baby beat. How many wins have thirty one? Okay, chase the cat. You need to get a couple of dogs paying five games back? Yeah, the best week last week we had a tie at four and two with Patrick and Josh. Stay back. I'm five games back, thank you, but you're not gaining on thank you. Half the season left. Yeah, there's a long way to go, a long way to go. Love me about them puppies. They bet your heels. All right.
Speaker 6: We've got a fid and new first time first time talking Cowboys callery. We love first time callers Calvin and Springfield, Missouri is on talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Calvin, what's going on from the zoo?
Speaker 16: Nothing? Guys, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Not much? Yeah, appreciate you Colin Springfield, Missouri. How are you a Cowboys fan up there?
Speaker 8: Massura?
Speaker 16: I know like two other Cowboys fans. So everybody around here is Chiefs fans. They're all naughty. But I'm doing good here right.
Speaker 1: Hold it down there you go, I like it. Late season push.
Speaker 6: You're gonna make a push for the fans here, Okay, You're gonna represent the fans in a big time way. So of course we've got our potential dogs. The dogs that we're picking this week, they have to be a touchdown or further favorite or underdog. I should say, whether they're at home or on the road doesn't matter. I'm not going to read off the entire list of dog. So you got to make your decision based off of the list that I have texted you on the show, and then Beemer must have provided it to Calvin as well.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Start with Patrick noc Walker. Who's your dog this week? You know, I'm going all the way out on the limb here. I think Sean Payton and Bold. I think they walk into Arrowhead and give the Chiefs their first loss.
Speaker 1: I'm going with the bron down the street. Calvin. It off the Chiefs fan so that Calvin can gloat this week. This's for you, Kevin. Let's go.
Speaker 8: That's solid now.
Speaker 9: I was really really looking closely at that one. I was also looking at the Bucks against the forty nine ers. Let me go with the Broncos though, like Therons that's a solid that's a solid pick.
Speaker 1: Isaiah. I'm going with the Nasties, the Bucks. They played well last week against probably by the way. Yeah, McCaffrey's coming back. I don't care. I picked them last week. I'm picking them again. This time.
Speaker 6: They're in Munich, Germany. Yeah, there's an outside shore the Cowboys could play.
Speaker 1: In this game. There was an outside shot that this would have been the Cowboys and Panthers.
Speaker 6: But I'm taking the Panthers as underdogs against the Giants across the pond.
Speaker 1: To do it two straight weeks, and the Panthers are gonna go to three and seven. They're gonna get me a second dog.
Speaker 16: What do you think, Calvin, I'm with Kyle on this one. Carolina is coming for Brian Dable this week.
Speaker 1: Let's go, baby, we're here. We're underdogs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, exactly crazy when I saw that line and it's Giants six and a half.
Speaker 1: So they like that makes no cement. It's disgusting crazy. Sorry, Munich, all right, we sent Germany best to Germany.
Speaker 6: I guess all right, Steelers and Commanders straight up pick him now from here on out, Josh, I'll let you start.
Speaker 9: Steelers, Commanders, Steelers Commanders, give me the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take dan quinn'sers. Yeah, they're gonna keep rolling here too.
Speaker 4: I command those guys to win. M Patrick, I'm going to book the system here. I think Tomlin figures out a way to get it done. He's been figuring out a way to get it done all season.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 16: I'm with Pat on this one. I'm gonna take Pittsburgh.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 6: Pick against the division Atimore, picking Bills at Colts. This is a little more interesting. I think now that Joe Flacco is playing quarterback and the Colts are getting healthy, Jonathan Taylor's having a good year.
Speaker 1: You don't think so, Isaac. Did you see flaccol last week? Yeah? He was giving out presents left and right. Christmas came early. Yeah, buddy, So you're picking the Bills. Yeah, I'm gonna take the Bills as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Bills are gonna kill him.
Speaker 4: Is Mary coming back this week? It doesn't matter. I don't know, it doesn't matter. I'm taking the Bills.
Speaker 6: I think I think he's questionable. Okay, So I don't know if they've made a sore of the Colts.
Speaker 1: There's a road game for Mari. Just letting y'all know. Yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 6: Bills, all right, Jets and Cardinals in Arizona, Calvin, I'll let.
Speaker 1: You start on this one. I'm gonna go Arizona, Arizona to get it done.
Speaker 4: Pat, I've gone to Arizona several times. They've not failed me yet. I'm going Cardinals again.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is a battle between my two fantasy quarterbacks, Kyler Murray and Aaron Rodgers. I'm gonna take Kyler Murray because he's been way better at fantasy this year than Aaron Rodgers. So I'm taking I'm taking Arizona.
Speaker 8: Aaron Rodgers is washed going with Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, give me the red Birds. The red Birds, all right. Lions and Texans. This is my favorite match.
Speaker 8: Have you seen the Houston Texans uniforms for this week? I have not the all black, no all red, red chrome helmets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nasty, nasty dude, you like him, yes, nasty, real, freaking naughty. Yeah. So it sounds like you're taking the Texans. I'm taking the.
Speaker 8: Lions, of course.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, it's a nice Texans coming to town next week. Monday Night Football.
Speaker 1: By the way, Cowboys pre game Live will be out there at the stadium for that game too. All right, I'm taking the Lions on the road to get it done. Those aren' nasty. I'm taking the Lions. What do you think? Hmm? What do you think from wave Lions? I gotta Lions. I wanted to go Texans, but I want Yeah, I want to go Texans at home, but Lions are just keep driving off the price, Ben Jon, That's my Super Bowl team right now.
Speaker 6: If I had to pick a team, and I know the Kansas City's undefeated, they were right there last season.
Speaker 1: They are the far and away favorite. I think they would head for Lions and Super Bowl. That would be fun. Lions Raven Super Bowl, Lions Chiefs super Bowl. I don't care. I think the Lions won by two scores in both of those games.
Speaker 6: Like there, I'm okay, Calvin, Oh yeah, Lions Dolphins Rams Monday Night Football in l A at SOFI Stadium.
Speaker 1: I say it might go to that game. You're you're gonna be out it right? What day is it? Monday? In Inglewood. I might go to that game. The game you're literally in the office. That's next to the stadium. You should just walk over. Maybe will go for it? Yeah, Rams, Rams, Okay, Rams told you about those rams last week? Did I'm going said it first? Did so?
Speaker 6: I'm going to take the fight into a tongue of ilas to get to the fighting to was the Dolphins get it done?
Speaker 1: Calvin? Who you got?
Speaker 16: I think it's the Dolphins this week?
Speaker 1: Calvin and I are on the same page, Bay, we are on the same page, all right. Eagles Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Week ten of the NFL season brings our first meeting between the two hated NFC East rivals.
Speaker 1: Of course, the Eagles currently at.
Speaker 6: Six and two the Cowboys at three and five, trying to find their rhythm with plenty of missing pieces on both sides of the football. The Cowboys have beaten the Eagles every year at home since twenty seventeen. Does the streak continue? They've been sixteen and three against the division over the last four seasons. Calvin will start with you Cowboys Eagles three.
Speaker 1: Twenty five kickoff on CBS. Who you Got?
Speaker 16: I mean, if you guys think I'm gonna call into my favorite podcast for the first time ever to pick against the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 16: Hey, Crazy, You know, no, see something you miss with the science. Oh, Trayvon Diggs, he's still Jalen hurts his fots. Oh yeah, I'm going to Cowboys. He's the parent one Eagle seventeen Cowys.
Speaker 7: Right, he's right.
Speaker 6: I love it, I love it representing the fans. Well, calling in for the first time. We'll have to talk to you again down the line, Calvin, don't be a stranger, give us a call man.
Speaker 1: So good, Thank guys, Appreciate you as always.
Speaker 6: Calvin from Springfield, Missouri, thirty one seventeen Corowdboys.
Speaker 1: Four picks in five games, Trayvon Diggs against the Eagles, so he owns it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the most picks against the single team in his career and he's played twice as many games against the.
Speaker 1: Giants over his high tail. Yeah, who are you thinking here?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Water boys, water Boys, different bird, same result, forty two fourteen. Okay, what Falcons plus Eagles? Eagles? Falcons? Same result? Oh that's what you mean, Sam?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, different birds, different birds, different week, same result.
Speaker 9: Josh Cooper rushed to starting give me twenty one twelve Eagles.
Speaker 6: Okay, twelve points on the board. Those four field goals, two touchdowns, and a couple of trying go for two.
Speaker 9: It's a Rush reference. But I guess you guys don't listen to alternative rock and roll.
Speaker 8: That's all right, I do.
Speaker 1: But wait, what's the yeah? Wait, what's the Rush.
Speaker 8: Twenty one to twelve? It's an album?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe not that close to it. I'm sorry, all right, I'm going I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say it. You need better musical taste. All right. So you didn't get it either.
Speaker 4: Dad did, But at least I knew what he was talking about. I just don't know theerence, all right. I do love what Calvin said. Treyvon Diggs is the peppe of Jalen Hurts one hundred percent. So but even assuming you know Treyvon Diggs gets one go out on the limb, say he gets a couple of picks the offense even when Dak Prescott was in struggle to score touchdowns, I don't see that it gets much better with Cooper Rush. I don't know that they'll do what I want them to do, which is put Trey Lance in at certain packages to help the offense. So that being said, there's just too much working against the Cowboys. Could they shocked the Absolutely they could Eagles thirty twenty thirty twenty.
Speaker 6: I picked against the Cowboys a couple weeks in a row, kind of continued that tradition, and then last week I picked them to win on the road against Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I thought they had a shot at it. They ended up falling again. So I'm going to go back to what was there previously. And that's my hatred for the Philadelphia Oh yeah, Kyle, I can't stand that organization.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I can't stand the green that they try and clad across their stadium and likes green poop city, So it's discussing poop.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely rancid.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 6: I cannot stand the Philadelphia Eagles or so I am not going to pick them this week. I'm picking the Dallas Cowboys wild one twenty four to twenty three one point.
Speaker 1: Cowboys win at all you went for? Yeah, twenty four twenty three one point.
Speaker 6: When I'm pulling a Nate Newton and it might it might just be because I'm going.
Speaker 1: Back to my Cowboys bias for a week, but that's okay. I decide what I want to.
Speaker 6: I cannot stand Philadelphia and I don't think they end up with a gross to say with your chest, sir, We'll see you after the AT and T Stadium Cowboys pregame live two pm Central Time from the A, T and T East Plaza.
Speaker 1: We'll be out there early. Come say hi.
Speaker 6: If you like I said, if you bring Talking Cowboys garb, we will give you some free stuff.
Speaker 1: Just show up, show out. We'll have a lot of fun. Don't forget that photo with Kyle for Chrispy in the back.
Speaker 5: For Isaiah stand back Josh Rodriguez, Patrick knows Sea Walker.
Speaker 1: I'm Kyle Yeomen saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you on Monday, Go Cowboys. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.