Speaker 1: All right, thanks Scott Chat an hour or two Sean Hannity's show. One week from today, it is inauguration day. It's a new day for the country and maybe an opportunity to get every one hundred years. And I really believe if Republicans stick together, if they are strategic, if they stick to the Trump agenda, and the Trump promises very simple and that is secure the border, to port those people that enter the country illegally, find the terrorists, the cartel members, the murderers, the rapists, gang members that are known to be in the country. If they become energy super dominant and we've become an energy wealthy country, we can begin the process of restoring the economy. Tax cuts being permanent, no tax on tips, no tax on social security, no tax on overtime, shoring up social security and medicare, which are headed towards insolvency. You building the next generation of weaponry, knowing that future wars likely won't be on a battlefield, but be fought in air conditioned offices. That would be transformational in every way. Anyway, New king Rich is with us, former Speaker of the House, author of March to the Majority, and anyway he has a new documentary that he's put out following the lives of the lives of nine successful legal immigrants. Journey to America is what it's called. For example, there's there's a conflict even within MAGA over H one v one uh visas. I have no problem if we vet people, and we should first bring in the world's best, brightest engineers, medical researchers, doctors, lawyers, you know that, just the top people, and maybe they can help us with the artificial intelligence and building out the next generation of warfare and the weaponry that we will need. Considering we have a gap of vulnerability now where China and Russia hypersonic missile technology and other other weapons systems, and we've fallen behind. Anyway, mister speaker, great to have you back. Congratulations on the new documentary.
Speaker 2: Well, we're thrilled. It's gonna be on PBS tomorrow night at ten o'clock and called Journey to American. Twiss and I worked on it because we're very much opposed to illegal immigration, and we strongly support both closing the border and deporting people like the criminals you were describing, but at the same time we believe that legal immigration. I mean President Trump's mother came from Scotland, Callissa's grandmother came through Ellis Island from Poland in nineteen oh seven, and almost everybody listening to us knows somebody who's either a first or second generation immigrant or a descendant of relatively recent immigrants, and they brought huge diversity and energy and capability of the country. So I draw a very sharp distink. And I was surprised and frankly delighted last week to see that in both the House and the Senate the lakeln Rally bill actually got a good number of Democratic votes. And I think it may be a sign of how really big the transitions about to become that Democrats, who in Trump's first administration would have been hard line a lot of them are now trying to look for a way to cooperate and to vote with us on a bipartisan basis. And I thought that was very encouraging in terms of the big bills that will be coming up later on this year.
Speaker 1: Why am I less optimistic? Why do I suspect with the beginning of these hearings for Trump's nominees that you know, the real Adam Schiff, the real Chuck Schumer, the real Dick Dermott, will you know, rear their ugly heads and they'll try to go full on hardcore Robert Vohr, Clarence Thomas, Justice Kavanaugh and smear, slander, bes merch, and attack Trump like they always do.
Speaker 2: Sounds about right, But remember when Reagan passed those great tax cuts in nineteen eighty one, he only he got forty six Democrats, which was enough to win, but he didn't get you know, the other one hundred and eighty. Similarly, when we passed welfare reform, which the country desperately wanted, we got one hundred and one Democrats. We had one hundred and one voting no, including some of them who got to the Florence that we were Nazis because we were going to target the children. Of course, when people went to work, their incomes went up. The largest number of children leaving poverty in American history came after welfare reform. But the left wing of their party, it is there, It is real, it is insane, and it's not going to change. But if we can split off anywhere from twenty to forty percent, so you have sort of an internal struggle within the Democratic Party. That's a huge advantage. And I just did some research. There are thirteen Democrats in that Trump carried and another twenty one Democrats in districts where Trump came within five percent. That means that there's a potential marketplace of thirty four House Democrats that if the President decides this spring to go out and do a barnstorming series of rallies in favor of a tax cut, energy production, higher take home pay, more affordability, along with the border and immigration. I suspect he's going to get a surprising number of Democrats who decide to go with him.
Speaker 1: I tend to think you're probably right. I look at what's going on in California, and I look at the excuse making. I look at the finger pointing. There's certain truths and realities that the California can't run away from that they've rejected the science of forestry and that would be including clearing brush and controlled burns because of the quote environment. We look at a state that also has fire hydrants that weren't working, reservoirs that were empty, and a very defensive governor. And now we've got three more days of Santa Anna wins. You know one hundred miles an hour plus, and we're expecting, you know, these fires to get out of control yet again. And I just sit here in amazement. You know, LA's fire chief warned the mayor, Karen Bass, just two months ago that her her department only had half the staff that they needed to fight wildfires, and of course, you know, the mayor was missing in action, wouldn't answer any questions from the press, initially, didn't even know where to direct people in terms of getting help. Wealthy La liberals are, you know, calling in private firefighters to save their homes. I really don't blame them if the city's not going to protect them and they can hire their own people.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't. I can't fault them for that, can you.
Speaker 2: No, Let's tell you a lot about the decay of government in California that people think they need private guards, they need private firefighters, go down the West. In all fairness, I think that the mayor of Los Angeles is now in a competition with the mayor of Chicago to be the worst mayor in the country, and it's a close run thing. I think she's ahead right now for being the worst mayor. But we haven't seen the Mayor of Chicago try to do anything. But the deeper point is there are two different stories here. One, we have to have three things in mind. Stop the fires, whatever it takes them that we have to move in the American military, if we have to move in lots of other aircraft from around the country to be able to dump enough fire retardant whatever tastes, stop the fires. That's number one. Number two, find a way. What is the least expensive, fastest way to help people rebuild? I mean, we saw the Great Chicago Fire of eighteen seventy one, the earthquake in San Francisco in nineteen oh six, the great earthquake in Tokyo in nineteen twenty three, the degree to which we bomb both Hamburg and Tokyo in World War two. People can come back, they can come back remarkably fast. But under California's current rules and current bureaucracy, they'll never come back because it's too expensive, it takes too long, the bureaucrats have too much power, and the trial warriors have too much power. So our second big job should be clear out all the things that make it more expensive and takes longer, and clean it out, and I think President Trump may have the executive authority to declare a national emergency. This is going to be such a big issue that he may be able to use national emergency status to just sweepingly clear it on behalf of saving lives and saving people, and then third, let's look at imposing new rules that make sense. Now, of course you have on the side and Governor Knews, a man who lives in a fantasy land, who just set aside fifty million dollars to fight the Trump administration. The thing with this, he's gonna have to turn to Trump for an amazing amount of money, for an extraordinary amount of help. And what are they doing. They're putting us out of fifty million dollars state fund to fight Trump. I mean, this is like insanity.
Speaker 1: Well, you really can't make it up. Let's talk about the times that we're living in here. One week from today's inauguration day, we'll be in DC. I'm pretty sure you'll you will be there quick, pus And okay, so you have I'm looking at this as a chance that maybe you get every hundred hundred and fifty years if Donald Trump just fulfills his promises to literally cut two trillion dollars and reduce the size and scope and influence of government and return to the principles constitutional principles of limited government, greater freedom that envisioned by our founders and by our framers. That will be trans if if in fact, he secures the borders and he deports those people in here illegally, that will be transformational. If he makes us the most energy dominant country on Earth, that is the greatest opportunity. I think we have to become a wealthy country. If he re establishes America's military, I am very worried about that gap of vulnerability that I described and the lead into this segment that will be transformational and will protect the country hopefully for decades to come. It is a bigger under undertaking.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know there's been discussions. I know more senators want two bills, not one bill. You want one big beautiful bill. Trump and talked about one big beautiful bill. If I had to guess, it's leaning now towards the two bill strategy. Can all of this be accomplished?
Speaker 2: Well? I worry very much about how slow the Senate is capable be If you go with the two bills strategy, and you put the easy stuff, the border, etc. In the first bill, and then you have to come back and pass the much bigger, more complicated bill. I was just and I've written about this at Ginger three sixty. I lived through this. In nineteen eighty one, Reagan had a great victory. We passed a three year tax but none of us fully understood. It didn't go into effect until nineteen eighty three. Well, guess what, everybody stopped investing for all of nineteen eighty two, waiting for the tax advantage of investing eighty three. We lost twenty six seats in the House twenty seventeen. I really wanted them to start with infrastructure and taxes. Ryan and McConnell insisted that they had to start by repealing Obamacare. They failed to appeal Obamacare, and they don't pass the tax bill until December, when it doesn't have any effect. We moved forty seats in the House. Now, you know, I would just say, unless they get every Senator to sign on the dotted line a public document pledging to get the second bill out by the end of May, I would never go with a two bill model. And I would urge Speaker Johnson to just ignore them. I mean, if he insists on one bill, it's going to come out of the House as one bill and the Senate's going to have to eat it. But I would not get play games. I mean, I frankly believe the Senate rules are so complicated, the ability of senators to slow everything down is so great that if you let them play games of this, you're going to have a disaster in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: All right, quick break, we'll continue more with new king Rich. By the way, a link to his new documentary on Hannity dot Com. It's called Journey to America. We'll get more of his take on the inauguration one week from today and what Republicans need to do if they want to be transformational and effective. Continue now, New Gingrich is with us. Don't forget his new documentary. We have a link to it. It's on Hannity dot Com. It's called a Journey to America. This, to me, is what I've been warning this audience about. You just can't vote for Donald Trump and think that Congress is going to do the right thing. We have two slim a majority, especially in the House, and they're going to need to they're going to need to hear from their constituents that they want this done and at the right time. At that moment, we'll give out the phone number. People can be respectful and call in. I want to shift a little bit here and ask you this question. You address the issue of the danger of an electro magnetic pulse attack on this country. And when I read what you had written and said it scared the living daylights out of me.
Speaker 2: Well it should. There's a brilliant novel a good friend of mine, Arthur though Fortune, called One Second After, which is a technically accurate study of a small town in North Carolina after an an electromagnetic pulse attack. This is a form of very high intense energy rate which which burns out for example, electric generator. It burns out your car if it had anything in your car that is electric. And he describes what it means when all of a sudden you don't have electricity. And these giant generators take years to build, and we don't build them here anymore. They're both places in Switzerland. And so you look at that, and I would say, if there's any short term gap in American defenses, it's the absolute incompetence of the government to sort out a defense against an electromagnetic pulse attack, which, by the way, if you've set off an electromagnetic bomb at about one hundred thousand feet over Omaha, you cover one half of the country without one weapon. And we're watching North Korea acquire the ability to put things in orbit, and they could put an electromagnetic weapon in orbit and you'd never know it till they used it.
Speaker 1: That's pretty chilling. New king Rich, Congratulations. New documentary is out as called Journey to America. We have a link on hannity dot com. We appreciate your time as always, Thank you, sir, Thank you. Eight hundred nine one, Shawn our number. You want to be a part of the program next week will be in DC. Will be there Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week. We'll explain why in a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Sean Hannity.
Speaker 1: Always concern for our country, always honoring our servicemen and service women, and standing up for liberty every day. And twenty five now to the top of the hour, eight hundred nine four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program, we're only one week away.
Speaker 3: From inauguration day. Pretty excited about that.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you own a timeshare, please pay very close attention. You see, your fees are going through the roof every single year. Availability is way way down for so many timeshare owners and if you're feeling the impact to these changes now, more than ever, the cost of timeshare ownership far out weighs any benefits you thought you were going to get. And that's where our friends at lone Star Transfer come in. The only company I trust to help you get out of whatever timeshare deal you have. And look, you can look at listener feedback and it demonstrates why I have supported this company for many, many years now. They are by far the best at what they do, and now for over a decade they've helped tens and tens of thousands of owners get out of their time share legally. And what's amazing about them is they're going to offer you exclusive options and they'll get you out faster and easier than any other option out there and available. And they're the only company that will give you a written guarantee and a release for you for your time share in a specific timeframe. They have an A plus rating with the better Business Bureau. They have thousands of five star reviews customer service. When you meet them, you'll know what I mean that that is their top priority. They'll give you a free consultation, They'll give you a guaranteed solution. Don't wait, make the call eight three three five nine four zero zero seven five eight three three five nine fours zero zero seven to five. On the web, it's lone star transferred dot com. So we have this disaster out in California. Now we have three more days of Santa Anna wins. On top of everything else we did learn over the weekend, and it shouldn't be a surprise to anybody, apparently one little inconvenient detail on top of the fire hydrants that don't work, on top of the reservoir being emptied, on top of the lack of manpower and the warning of LA's fire chief to Karen Bass months ago that her department only had half the staff they would need to fight a wildfire. Now we're learning that the guy that they caught wandering around Los Angeles on Friday as the as he allegedly was torching this carded Christmas trees with a flamethrower. Yeah, it's a Harris Biden illegal. I've yet to see anybody in the fake news state run media mob asked any of the elected officials in California about that it is a sanctuary state. LA is a sanctuary city. New York Post had a headline, so suspect arrested with flamethrower near LA fire is an illegal immigrant, according to sources. As we've been vetting out all of these stories, but the devastation is real. We have now twenty four people dead in this people worn now to brace for the next seventy two hours of hell. Three years ago, Karen Bass, the mayor, promised to cut back on her world travel. She was in Ghana when this story, when this tragedy was beginning to unfold. She gave city contractors very rich, you know, promotions and raises before cutting the fire department. As we've pointed out many times, there're seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. Water chief knew about at the empty reservoir, knew about the hydrants not working months before the fires. Gavin Newsom was corrected by reporters after making one hundred and seventeen million gallon mistake while hitting out at Donald Trump, and you know, the fact checking is not coming out too well on his particular side. And anyway, Democrats are now turning on each other. The LA Fire chief is detailing the devastation because of the cuts that she warned the mayor about. There's a lot of anger that a lot of wealthy people in the area have been shelling out two thousand dollars an hour for private firefighters. If you're not going to get help from the city, can you really blame people if for attempting to hire people to help save their home, considering what it means to rebuild your entire life like that, and it's pretty unbelievable. And anyway, so we have let me play for you. Kristin Crowley, the LA Fire chiefs saying that city officials failed us. We expect water in hydrants. This should be one on one.
Speaker 4: Listen, the City of Los Angeles fail you and your department and our city. It's my job to stand up as a chief and exactly say, justifiably what the fire department needs to operate to meet the demands of the community.
Speaker 3: Did they fail you?
Speaker 4: That is our job and I tell you that's why I'm here. So let's get us what we need so firefighters can do their jobs.
Speaker 3: Did they fail you, yes, Chief Kristin Crowley.
Speaker 5: The question is about the Santa Inez reservoir being empty.
Speaker 3: There's been a lot of questions about that. Sure.
Speaker 4: So my stance on this is when a firefighter comes up to a hydrant, we expect there's going to be water. We don't control the water supply. Our firefighters are there to protect lives and property and to make sure that we're properly trained and equipped.
Speaker 3: That's my position on this.
Speaker 1: Now, she says that firefighters were not made aware at the Santa Inez Reservoir was even empty, and Gavin Newsom's answer was, well, that's a local one.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: Listen, Sandra Endo, one of our angers wants to know if the department is advised that the Santa Ynez Reservoir.
Speaker 3: Was going to be emptied, were you aware that there was no water there? No, we weren't aware of that.
Speaker 4: They don't have to advise you, not that I'm aware of now, So you had no idea that there wasn't need such needed resources.
Speaker 3: No, we weren't.
Speaker 1: I mean, kudos to the fire chief for being honest. Furthermore, in that same press conference, she was very clear that the LA Fire Department is underfunded and understaffed, and we now know that she had been warning the mayor not to cut the budget and that they needed it. They only had half the staff that they would need for a wildfire such as the one they've experienced out there. And if you look at the pictures, I mean now we have over twelve thousand, you know, structures that have burned on the ground.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 6: I have also requested multiple budgets interim budget to show how understaffed, under resource and underfunded the LAFD is. So with that, also, we have clear data that shows the LFD needs more help. We need sixty two more fire stations. These reports also show that we've had a fifty five percent increase in overall call volume since twenty ten. And guess what we're doing it with less firefighters.
Speaker 3: You can't make it up.
Speaker 1: And now the biggest spear two as this now comes to an end, is potential looting that's going to be taking place in these areas. Joel Pollock and John conn of Breitbart here to talk about their home California, where they live and what has happened over the past week and what's happened to this One's beautiful state now riddled with fire and ash because of woke policies. In part the sad reality is John himself lost his home. There was nothing left. I saw an ex post of his the only there was nothing recognizable pretty much in his house when he went back. Welcome both of you to the program. And John con I'm so sorry that you lost your home. I don't even know what to say. It just is so this was so preventable and predictable.
Speaker 3: Santa Ana.
Speaker 1: Wins are predictable, but the need for fire hydrants is one oh one.
Speaker 3: The need for a full reservoir is basic, right.
Speaker 5: You know, Son's truly you know, I might have a different perspective on this, you know, because I'm right in the middle of it. But we're all news guys, and it's really interesting to look at a story like this. We always see it through the lens of the news and it's always over there. It's never you never think you're going to be part of the story. And as someone Joe and I are both.
Speaker 7: Part of this story.
Speaker 5: And to drive through our neighborhoods, you've never seen anything quite like it. And I'm having sort of an odd reaction to it, because I know that they're going to be investigations and it should be investigated, why this, how this could possibly have happened. But for me personally, I'm not at the anger stage. I'm not sure I'm even going to get there, because when you see all the devastation, and I can just tell you the level of grief and loss that I feel is just beyond anything I can comprehend it. When you see all the other people and all the destruction and all those houses, and you know they.
Speaker 7: Have that grief as well.
Speaker 5: And so for me personally, I'm sort of focusing on the positive things that could come out of this and all the love and the outpouring of prayers and everything that Joel and I are receiving specifically, and I'm sure everybody else is, but it's you know, I think this, you know, clearly needs to be investigated, but you know we're you know, we're strong people, and we're going to get back up and move forward from it.
Speaker 1: Gavin said that he would streamline the process and allowed the little build back quickly. But we had Jillian Michael's on the program her home burn of the ground in twenty eighteen. It took well over a year year and a half for her to get the permitting to build back up. It was taking Susanne Summers and her husband seven plus years to rebuild their Malibu home. I don't even think they've even got back to rebuilding it. All right, quick break right back more with Joel Pollock, John Kahn on the other side as they talk about the devastation John losing his home in these California wildfires, Joel almost losing his home. Eight hundred and nine to four one. Shawn is on number one, So get to your calls. Coming up straight ahead on this Monday, one week from today, Inauguration Day, we will be in DC.
Speaker 3: Who would want to miss this? I we can take you.
Speaker 1: Now with Joel Pollock and John Connor Breidbart. John lost his home in these California wildfires, and Joel nearly lost his home. Every home around where he lives was burned to the ground. Joel, my understanding is while you didn't lose your home, a lot of homes near you did burn to the ground.
Speaker 7: That's right, Sean. I arrived on Wednesday in the middle of the fire, once it became barely safe enough to start to go into the Pacific Palisades, and I saw my home was still standing, but the fence was on fire and there was no running water at all. So I grabbed a bucket and I dipped it into the gutter where water was running downhill from homes that had been destroyed further into the neighborhood, and I started pouring water on the fence and on my neighbor's fence.
Speaker 3: What century are we living in here? I'm just checking.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, when government news, Simon said, locals, we'll figure it out. This is how we figured it out. A couple of guys and men from the neighborhood showed up in a truck. They jumped out, We found two more buckets. We formed an assembly line, and we put out the fires on my fence and my neighbor's fence, and we helped save the neighborhood. But I have to tell tell you most of the neighborhood is destroyed, and it's yesterday. John came into the palisade with me, and he actually noticed there was smoke a couple of doors down at one of the other houses that was still standing. So he helped save the neighborhood too, And when I got to my on Wednesday, I saw that the garden hose was fully extended across my yard, which means that some neighbor had tried to put out the fire on his own or her own. And we're all looking out for each other or It's an incredible spirit of togetherness and strength, but it is absolutely devastating because when I stand on my street corner now, my house is the only one standing, and every other house on the corner is gone. The seven houses that are the first houses on my street survived, but almost nothing else did. And the school next door that my kids go who has been destroyed except for the murals that the kids painted. They are murals of ringbows and doves, which you know, has that biblical imagery of Noah after the flood, and God's promised not to destroy the world again. So we're taking hope in those little symbols. But I've had public officials who I'm supposed to interview crying on my shoulder and asking me what they should do, and what John's saying is right. We do have to find the answers, and we do have to talk about what went wrong. Honestly, But we also have to support those who now have responsibilities to rebuild. And I have told them, if you do the right thing, you're a full support of the community.
Speaker 1: Well, I also think, and I know Donald Trump pretty well, that I think that he's going to understand the devastation of the people out there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But while that's the case, you know, Gavin Newsom is what organizing a state effort to trump prove the state of California to the tune of fifty million lawsuits, you know. And I was out there in two thousand and nine, and I went to the San Joaquin Valley where they there was thousands and thousands of acres of farmland that nobody could farm on because all of the water was being saved for the Delta smelt. Now we learn that waters being portant to the Pacific every year from northern California instead of funneled down into the reservoirs when and by the way, they were supposed to build five of them that they had a referendum in twenty fourteen. You have the fire department budget cut, You have hydrants that don't work, you have reservoirs that are empty, You have half the manpower that they fired. Chief said that they would have needed months ago, and nobody wants to take responsibility. And in the meantime, you know, now you're at the point John that you you have to rebuild your life. I admire your fighting spirit, but I mean your life is completely turned upside down right now now.
Speaker 5: It is. But you know, some as we all know, the American spirit is to get up and keep flighting. And there's nothing. The houses are gone, the neighborhood's gone. This is a town I grew up in and my brother's house miraculously made it, but everything else is gone, and you kind of, you know, for me, it's just is what's next. I don't know. There's a lot of fear. There's a lot of grief, but you know, we get up and we keep going. And when I found, like like you mentioned earlier, I found an American flag picture water picture in the rubble of my house. It was the only thing I could identify, and I thought, Okay, well that's the fining spirit of Americans. And I'm going to help anybody I can and receive, you know, the prayers and amazing thoughts that everybody's reached out. People I don't even know and in one day at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you have our prayers with you, our thoughts with you and all the victims in this case. And it's so frustrating as an outsider to know that all of this, my view, was preventable, you know, practicing the science of forestry. Maybe we'll start there. We do appreciate your time, John con Joel Pollock, Thank you both. Prayers for both your families, your neighbors, and everybody in California. And the next three days are going to be very telling. Let's see if they learned anything and whether or not they're going to do a better job. I don't have a lot of confidence in that. Thank you both, and we'll we'll update this story is needed over time.