Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Good morning everyone, It's Tuesday, September ninth.
Speaker 2: I'm Amy Robox and I'm TJ Homes. It is time. Now, it's time to get a new iPhone finally? Are you like some I wait? I don't get the next one. I wait for the next one and the next one.
Speaker 1: And you're about to do because what number is yours?
Speaker 2: On the fourteen right now? Why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: Because that sounds like you.
Speaker 2: They tell me a new iPhone is coming the seventeen. Are we getting it today? Yes?
Speaker 1: And it's been on ozempic apparently.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I haven't waiting on this one. Yes, folks, a major announcements from Apple today about a whole lot of products. But we're expecting something big about the iPhone. And yes, for those of us who stay on the sidelines and don't get the next generation, we wait for a couple of generations. It's a big day for us. Also, big day. Look, we totally you about The Conjuring being the second biggest horror movie ever. Turns out it has moved up the list already in a day because of some new numbers that came out Yes, The Conjuring Folks is now the number one movie horror movie ever. Will explain why the numbers changed and ropes. I don't know what's fans, It's been so much going on in the stands lately, a game.
Speaker 1: People have some I don't know, some negative energy they need to release or something, and they're choosing to do so in front of broadcast cameras, which really isn't a good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this happened live as well. And what happened live got one NFL fan now banned indefinitely from every single NFL stadium. We'll tell you what he did, and then your favorite story of the day, this Banksy story. Yes, this artist is just fascinating.
Speaker 1: I just love that he's so prolific, so beloved, and yet so mysterious, and he chooses his moments. He usually almost always has a political commentary alongside his street art, but this one's causing quite the stir in London.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll get into that as well. And as always, Folks on your phone, now, take a look at the Apple podcast app top right corner. It'll say follow above our show page. Just click that you can get our updates coming to you. Don't have to go looking for him. Also, on the run this morning, we'll tell you about Trump. He's still on the hook for eighty three million dollars. Also, Ice is headed to Chicago. Also, the Supreme Court just gave the president a huge go ahead and a salmonella outbreak of great concern now that we need to tell you about.
Speaker 1: That's right. But we begin our run on this Tuesday with the much talked about Trump to Epstein birthday message, complete with that naked lady sketch. Well, that was finally revealed to the public yesterday, and the note was part of documents subpoened by the House Oversight Committee from the Epstein estates all.
Speaker 2: That it's been talked about. After you finally saw it, did you go.
Speaker 1: It's creepy, it's weird.
Speaker 2: It is kind of bizarre.
Speaker 1: Because it's secretive. It's almost they're speaking in code.
Speaker 2: It seems there's something.
Speaker 1: There's a lot left for interpretation, and none of it good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So this note, folks. The Wall Street Journal was the first report about it back the earlier this summer that he allegedly had sent this note to Epstein for his fiftieth birthday. The message included yes, a lewde drawing the outline of a woman's body. President Trump denied ever sending such a note, even going as far as suing the Wall Street Journal for even reporting about it.
Speaker 1: So yesterday's release included the full text of the note, which includes an imaginary conversation between Epstein and Trump. So we're gonna go ahead and read this for you. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll be Epstein, you'll be Donald, all right, So it reads Epstein, there must be more to life than having everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, there is, but I won't tell you what it.
Speaker 1: Is, nor will I since I also know what it is.
Speaker 2: We have certain things in common, Jeffrey, Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: Come to think of.
Speaker 2: It, enigma's never age. Have you noticed that?
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, it was clear to me the last time I saw you, a.
Speaker 2: Pal is a wonderful thing. Happy birthday, and may every day be another wonderful secret. And it was signed Donald. Now that's the line. Initially, when Wall Street Journal reported about it earlier this summer, they only included that text. That's all they had. Happy birthday, May every day be another wonderful secret. I don't understand the back and forth what the joke is supposed to be, But it's an inside whatever. But again President Trump is saying he had nothing to do with it, did not write it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what the Wall Street Journal reported is clearly and specifically referenced here in this note that was Oh yeah, they got it recovered. So I wonder what happens to the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Then you make a good point. He can still make the argument that it wasn't him that signed it, I guess.
Speaker 1: But they can still make the argument that it says Donald and that it came from the Epstein estate. It'll be interesting to see what happens here with this one.
Speaker 2: Of course, their response again they just said this is more of the Democrat Epstein hoax, but sticking to the story that the President did not write that note.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up on the run, we had to Chicago, where the Trump administration has made it official. The Department of Homeland Security has announced it is launching Operation Midway Blitz. It will target undocumented immigrants who commit crimes in Chicago and throughout the state of Illinois.
Speaker 2: DHS went on social media to announce the operation is in honor of twenty year old Katie Abraham, who was killed in a hit and run in January by an undocumented man from Guatemala. Hundreds of Homeland Security officials will operate from a naval base just outside of Chicago.
Speaker 1: The agency saying this President Hi Trump and Secretary Nome have a clear message. No city is a safe haven for criminal illegal aliens. If you come to our country illegally and break our laws, we will hunt you down, arrest you, deport you, and you will never return in.
Speaker 2: Chicago's mayor and the Illinois governor said they did not receive any notice about the initiative and there have been zero attempts to coordinate with local officials, adding they will stand up to Trump's tyranny all right.
Speaker 1: Next up on They run a loss for President Trump in court today, and appeals Court ruled the eighty three million dollar defamation judgment against him should stand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A New York jury in January awarded damages to e Gene Carroll, who brought suit against Trump for defaming her after she came forward with allegations that Trump had sexually assaulted her in a department store dressing room. Trump publicly called her a liar and accused her of making up the story just to sell a book. We don't know exactly what the president can do now, but he's running out of a palace. Options Supreme Court might be his last shot, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up on the run from a loss to a win. In fact, a major victory for the Trump administration, the Supreme Court has cleared the way for immigration raids to continue in California. The six' to three decision from The High court is temporary while the case continues through the appeals.
Speaker 2: Court it follows a federal judges ruling this summer's BLOCKING ice agents from conducting raids IN la after immigrant rights groups, sued CLAIMING ice agents were stopping people without reasonable, suspicion targeting people based solely on race and. Religion Justice Greg kavanaugh wrote a ten page opinion to explain the, decision writing that immigration stops are reasonable and legal based on these following.
Speaker 1: Circumstance so this is What kavanaugh. Wrote there is an extremely high number and percentage of illegal immigrants in The Los angeles. Area that those individuals tend to gather in certain locations to seek daily. Work that those individuals often work in certain kinds of jobs such as day, labor, landscaping, agriculture and construction that do not require paperwork and are therefore especially attractive to illegal. Immigrants and that many of those illegally in The Los angeles area come From mexico Or Central america and do not speak Much. English so he's, saying if all of these conditions and these circumstances, exist THEN ice agents have every right to seek out these individuals and question their immigration. Status one, well, ironically those were the exact circumstances that the federal judge and the appellate court judge cited as REASONS ice agents could not stop someone to question their immigration. Status so they absolutely took the same, circumstances and The Supreme court, said this is why we're going to LET ice agents go ahead and do. This and that's exactly why the lower court, said we're not going to let you do, this because this is racial.
Speaker 2: Profiling two courts pointing out the exact same, facts ruling in the exact opposite.
Speaker 1: Correct, okay that's where we, Are, Yes so next up on the, run let's move. On THE cdc has issued a food safety alert after at least sixteen people in ten states have gotten sick from a home delivery meal. Service according to THE, cdc there is now an outbreak of salmonella infections linked to the service Called Metabolic. Meals.
Speaker 2: Yeah the agency is directing people to not eat any of their products and to throw out any meals that may be in your refrigerator or a. Freezer seven of the sixteen people infected have been, hospitalized but so far no one has. Died illnesses have been reported In, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Texas, Washington, wisconsin kind of all.
Speaker 1: Over, yeah ten. States it's a redit.
Speaker 2: West hit The, south at the west, coast at the.
Speaker 1: Northeast salmonella does not. Discriminate oh my, GOODNESS i.
Speaker 2: Wasn't familiar Metabolic is it a niche?
Speaker 1: Thing is it a The Metabolic meal? Service hadn't heard of it, Before but apparently it's popular enough that it sickened several people in these ten. States all, right next up on and they're. On a fan shoved one of the biggest stars in THE nfl on live. Television, well that fan has now been banned indefinitely from ALL nfl. Stadiums this happened On sunday in the very high profile night matchup between The Buffalo bills and the Visiting Baltimore. Ravens, yeah after scoring.
Speaker 2: The ravens players were celebrating near the end zone. Wall you, know fans are lined up there going, crazy yelling and. Screaming sometimes they try to get high fives and. Whatnot but a fan can clearly be seen patting one player's helmet kind. Of and then another player comes up behind a couple of players Behind Lamar, jackson the, quarterback and this fan robes this is. Clear he puts both hands on his helmet and shoves what and you See Lamar jackson's head jerk backwards like it's playing a Day And lamar reacted and turned with HIS mvp frame and put two hands and shoved back and the guy disappears into the.
Speaker 1: CROWD i get, that like that makes a. Lot that's a natural reaction.
Speaker 2: And it's probably appropriate and it's still. Measured but but, yes that fan has been. Banned jackson is not expected to have any, punishment but we have seen too many incidents of things happening between fans and players or in between fans as. Well somebody's gonna get.
Speaker 1: Hurt don't touch other people.
Speaker 2: Period know what We're, yeah this is. Awful who knows what's going on with that, guy but he's out of, there has been. Banned all, right stay with us here on. This what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Today It's, tuesday.
Speaker 2: On This Tuesday Morning. Run when we come. Back today is the day, finally finally for those of us who been waiting for the new iPhone version that's finally gonna get us the. Upgrade today is the DAY i think we are going to get. It, also horror movie fans. Unite we have a. Winner, yes a new number one horror movie of all. Time Also robes favorite store of the. Morning he has struck, Again, banksy and as soon as he puts it, up they are trying to take it.
Speaker 1: Down welcome back to This tuesday edition of Our Morning. Run and next up on The, run we have been promised an awe dropping event In, Coopertino california, Today apple is unveiling its new lineup of products at one Pm eastern time ten Am pacific, time and one of the most anticipated items a new slimmer thinner iPhone. Seventeen we believe it will be called the iPhone.
Speaker 2: Air, Okay i'm, excited you're at what at? Sixteen i'm at?
Speaker 1: Sixteen, yeah because you know, ME i get the newest. One every Time i've.
Speaker 2: Been, Waiting i've been sitting it. Out this is the One i've been waiting.
Speaker 1: On all, right WELL i may join you knowing.
Speaker 2: Me i've been sitting on fourteen four, minute it's, Time it's time. Now the iPhone seventeen lineup is expected to include The, standard The, pro and The Pro max. Versions beyond the, iPhones apple is also planning to showcase The Apple watch series eleven and an update to its. AirPods some have predicted this new version will come with a live translation. Function wow how? Much well any of this costs as? Well, well we shall. See but given some of The trump, tariffs it's kind of anybody's. Guests but so, Far APPLE Ceo Tim cook has avoided predictions of a two thousand dollars iPhone by moving a major portion Of apples production From china To.
Speaker 1: India that's one way to do. It and you, KNOW i justify my new phone purchases because, usually you, Know i'm kind AND i want to give my old phone to one of my. Daughters, therefore it feels, like you, Know i'm. Recycling i'm keeping things.
Speaker 2: Green tell yourself what you have to tell.
Speaker 1: Yourself, ah, YES i don't really have to tell myself any all. Right next up on the, Run, yes turns out the Latest conjuring movie did even better at the box office than originally. Thought Conjuring Last rites opened in theaters over the, weekend and initial estimate showed the movie made one hundred eighty seven million, dollars which would have made it which made it at that point the second biggest horror movie opening of all.
Speaker 2: Time but those were the initial estimates of how much the movie. Made the actual numbers came out a little. Later we have them now shows that the movie actually made one hundred and ninety four million, dollars and that number moves it, up moves it, ahead and makes it now the biggest horror movie opening of all. Time rome's we talked about. This we were, exhausted we thought we'd fall asleep in the. Theater but we are horror movie junkies and The conjuring series has to be our all time favorite And i'm so glad we. Went but to now know we went and contributed To, yes what is the greatest horror movie? Opening weekend in.
Speaker 1: HISTORY i want to see it. Again we might even go back to a theater and add more to that. Total all, right for the final leg of our, run we head To, london Where banksy has struck. AGAIN a mural by the Famous anonymous street artists popped up at The Royal courts Of justice On.
Speaker 2: Monday and what does it show? Well it shows a judge using his gavel to beat a protester lying on the ground Of the protester is holding a blank sign with splattered red, paint presumably representing. Blood banksy posted a photo of the mural On, instagram which is how he authenticates his street. Art it's Captioned Royal courts Of.
Speaker 1: Justice, London very simple and to the. Point authorities were quick to cover the artwork with sheets of black plastic and metal, barriers and they also have two security officers guarding the area right. Now city officials say the mural will be removed from the building with consideration for it's historical. Significance they explained that The Royal courts Of justice is a one hundred and forty three year old building and the city is obligated to maintain its original.
Speaker 2: Character what how are they going to preserve.
Speaker 1: It, well they're saying they're preserving the building and that's why they have to get rid of the. Mural oh, NO i.
Speaker 2: Was, saying how are they going to preserve the mural because it says with consideration for its historical significance for the building or for the.
Speaker 1: ART i believe it's for the building.
Speaker 2: From the, building with considerate not for the. Art they don't consider that the art is something that IS.
Speaker 1: I, mean there's a picture of, IT i. Guess and now that he can a lot of. This, LOOK i actually went to A banksy exhibition traveling In, europe and a lot of the exhibition is are the photographs of the? Art? Right so, yes it's it's impermanent because oftentimes where he puts these, things they can't stay because, look this is a historically it's, like you, know we call the historical societies hysterical. Societies you can't even change the paint color of a shutter or a door or a. Brain certainly they can't leave up some mural painted even by a famous artist whose works sell for millions of.
Speaker 2: Dollars this suckers is going to get rolled.
Speaker 1: Over, yep, wow oh.
Speaker 2: Wow of, Course banksy is one of the world's best known. Artists even though we have no idea who banks he. Is the paintings and installations sell for millions of, dollars and this anonymity is about avoiding any criminal charges for his. Art that's one. Thing people have been speculating about his true identity for. Decades now do they good guesses out?
Speaker 1: There there are some guesses about some local artists that hail from his. Hometown but the one thing THE, bbc it's. Weird they lost the interview but it's from two thousand and, Three but in twenty twenty, three two years, ago they said that they know his first name or he goes By. Robbie so everyone's looking for folks Named robert who are artists? Who but it's wild to me that his actual identity is still unknown to the.
Speaker 2: GRACE i hope we never. Know i'm, curious but it's.
Speaker 1: Better maybe posthumously after he goes like then we can find out who he was and why he did and does what he. Did all, right on This, tuesday we would like to leave you with. This it is our quote of the. DAY i actually picked this one in honor of The Big apple. Event oh. Wow the Late Steve jobs is known from, many many, quotes AND i hadn't heard this, one AND i, just you, KNOW i don't think it's, morbid BECAUSE i think it's just something to take with you throughout the day to remember how to. Live Steve jobs, said remembering That i'll be dead soon is the most important Tool i've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in, life because almost, everything all external, expectations all, pride all fear of embarrassment or, failure these things just fall away in the face of, death leaving only what is truly.
Speaker 2: Important it feels morbid at the top if you Think i'll be dead, Soon but, man if you think, that it changes What i'm even going to and a half of, breakfast, right it changes my whole. Day.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah we were trying to figure out where to, go if, anywhere for Our christmas. Holidays maybe we can take This AND i just sent him something to look. At OH i am crafty with my quotes of the. Day SOMETIMES i have motivation behind, them but, NO i do love this, One Steve, jobs AND i, agree it's one of those. Moments this is when we really truly get down to the perspective of why we're here and how limited our time. Is we make decisions, differently so thank You Steve. Jobs how about we send you guys off with one more reading of this. Quote remembering That i'll be dead soon is the most important Tool i've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in. Life because almost, everything all external, expectations all, pride all fear of embarrassment or, failure these things us fall away in the face of, death leaving only what is truly. Important thank, You Steve. Jobs thank you for listening. Everyone I'm Ami redblock And I'M.
Speaker 2: Tj. Holmes we'll be talking to you alsoon