Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Here we are Players Lounge. It is a Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Everybody had new Strugge along with heck Ma Harrison, former Cowboys safety Barry Church. Yes, sir, lots to get to the Cowboys get ready to face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on NBC Sunday Night Football. Jerry World, Jerry World, I've been kind of Cowboys this year. I've been kind. So I asked Brandon Cooks about that in locker room day, and Brandon Cooks echoes.
Speaker 4: Something that Clarence Hill has been saying was that.
Speaker 5: They played some really good teams here and that.
Speaker 2: We want to hear that in the league, like the league. When does it come like that at all?
Speaker 4: Come excuse we don't play some good teams.
Speaker 2: Everybody good in the league. Man, Man, We go ahead, man, go ahead.
Speaker 6: This is just crazy to me, but go ahead, man, So you.
Speaker 5: Hear this and let's go down the list, and you tell me if they would have won at their place. Okay, the Saints forty four to nineteen. Now we know the Saints are bad teams, not good cars out for the year, but when they got you, they got you forty four to nine, smacked.
Speaker 4: So they went to the super Dome. Do you think you would have done better? The spack you guys would have been a smack there, right, smacking? Okay, neutral sight, so so so yeah, so so the Saints being like, hey, yeah, they beat you and the season's not turned out good, not good. The Ravens, oh, then they would have got Yeah, it would have been just as bad at the Bank Okay, okay, Ravens and the Ravens at this point time, we would agreed, this is a playoff team, should be the playoffs. Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: The next home game Detroit, Yeah, you'd got it forty seven, Yeah, you would have got it. You'd have got it there, you'd have got it at home and neutral site it would have been.
Speaker 2: It would have been bad.
Speaker 4: Okay. Philadelphia thirty four to six at home? Oh yeah, yeah. The link right now.
Speaker 5: Number one team and you dude argue that they're the best team in the NFC correct Detroit's injuries. Okay, then after that money had football Houston thirty four to ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got it, you got it, got it Houston. At this point in time, we believe could be a team that makes playoff. Yes, you playoff for the show. Okay, Giants Thanksgiving Day, you beat them. They're able to smack them in that life too. So you beat them. That's your first home win. Second home win was was Cincinnati? I mean, no obvious your second game after the try to get your second with Cincinnati you lost twenty seven to twenty. These are the teams you've played so far, and you've got the Bengals aren't making the playoffs, but they beat you. It's a good team. They have good talent. They have some talent.
Speaker 5: We know the Giants are bad outside of the Saints. I mean, it's not like you said, these are good teams.
Speaker 2: You are a good team.
Speaker 5: These are these are pretty these are playoff teams. And if had you gone to their place, go to Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So so I hear your initial reaction, which is when Claire said, at first he was, you know, let me go try to become you know, before I persecuted, let me go be a scientist and yeah, now you look at the road games or they've been winning on the road. Cleveland, Yeah, trash yam Okay, Giants, Yeah, Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: That I was a good victory with Justin Fields.
Speaker 2: Just let's a good victory.
Speaker 5: Okay, lost in San Francisco thirty twenty four, ken Folk, Kirk.
Speaker 7: Got him, which looking now, it's like, man, but you know it's like the Saints game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. It can handle us Innescy South. For some reason, you wanted Washington just over that. That was a good victory, was Quinn. It came down to the end. Boy made it interest he did.
Speaker 2: It's my chance, baby.
Speaker 4: I believe that you activated and you got Carolina. So so that that was that was what Cook stood by.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: This is crazy, man, because like y'all.
Speaker 8: Knew going into the season, you got a first play schedule. That's what happens when you you win the division. Before you come into that next year, you're playing all first teams. So you're gonna play against teams that are, you know, on the upper echelon of the National Football League.
Speaker 4: And you had you knew.
Speaker 6: About this all the offseason going into the season.
Speaker 8: We're playing a first play schedule, We're gonna have tough competition.
Speaker 4: And before all the injuries started, you just rattled it off. They didn't start fast. It ain't like they was killing before the injuries began. So to me, I mean, it's just you just got to call it what it is.
Speaker 8: You know, excuses you went out there where they came here and they beat us, as simple as that.
Speaker 4: This excuse or saying, you know, we played some good teams. That's that's why I'm nah, man, that's never been an excuse.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 4: So so you look at the first place teams from last year, Baltimore, they first play schedule. Okay, they got you the Detroit, yep, they they got you. San Francisco they got you. Houston another first week, they got got you. Man.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not looking for anybody to take it, let them off the hook in this situation.
Speaker 2: But the obvious is the obvious.
Speaker 7: This is a team, especially the Houston game, you don't have Michael, you don't have a lot of your weapons that you would normally have. You know, you're you're you're down to your third string guys, and although that's proven to give you some quality depth, going into the future.
Speaker 2: But it's not helping you right now.
Speaker 7: I mean, teams are able to scheme up and take certain things away from Eric Kendricks hasn't played at certain points uh in the season, and you've had to rely a lot on youth. They look man, the home the home record is not good. It is not, and they haven't. They haven't, not only from from a crowd standpoint, it's it's been abysmal for the Cowboys because you haven't felt like you had a home home field advantage because most of the time when you come on the field, have we got more of the opposing fans there than we have actual Cowboy fans?
Speaker 4: It's stay there.
Speaker 5: Would you think about this though? It wasn't until Thanksgiving you played. Did you even play the competitive home game that Saints game.
Speaker 4: Forty four nineteen?
Speaker 2: You had everybody too.
Speaker 5: Ravens twenty eight, twenty five, but it was the first half. That thing was a knockout and they just let him back at the end. The Lions forty seven to nine, Philly thirty four to six, Houston thirty four to ten.
Speaker 2: It's there. You can't. You can't.
Speaker 7: There's nothing you can take away from this from the season, and if you're not going to include the injury portioning it, and even if we come back to the Saints, right they say the Saints game forty four to nineteen game wasn't even close. The Cowboys defense in that game was horrible. The Ravens game, the Ravens made it interesting in the second half, but the defense still new scheme, Guys all over the place, Guy's not lining up. We came in here after This's like, what's going on? One of these guys doing what coverages? Zimbra playing. It doesn't even seem like guys are getting lined up correctly. And so all of those things throughout the course of the season to now we're starting to see this Cowboy defense at least look eerily just familiar to what we had last season. And I'm talking about just being able to load up force turn turnovers. Uh you know, get interceptions, that's forcing turnovers, stop the run, things like that. We hadn't seen that until late. I mean, look, I'm not I'm not y'all not gonna give them out. I'm not trying to look for out all. I'm just saying that there's a story to this season that you can say look, the Cowboys learning the new defense, being being hurt through certain parts of the season, especially in that five game losing skid. There was nothing positive that you could come away from that. And there was nothing that Brandon Cooks could tell you in that situation that was gonna not stop you from saying, dog, y'all been getting drummed at home.
Speaker 4: Losing key players. I can't remember with the stabb they talked about your seventh, your top seven or your seventh highest paid guys have all either miss time or you know, dealt with injuries. And this doesn't really even count Ceedee Lamb, who knows not one hundred percent with the shoulders out there playing hurt. But you know you're talking about your Dak Prescott's, your your tank Lawrences and the Michael Parson guys hurt. It hurt, I mean mikea being gone hurt. Just look at this right here.
Speaker 5: Since Michael Parson's return to the Dallas defensive Week ten, the Cowboys are not twenty four sacks, the most in the NFL over the last six weeks, and generated thirteen takeaways, third in the NFL. So, you know, losing a player like that along with a tank Lawrence Sam Williams in the depth that you wanted to training camp, you lost him. Marshaan Lottimore comes in that he gets hurt, So then there's your backup depth there. Daron Bland wasn't playing at this point in time. So it's the context of what you're trying to get to. Heckman say, hey, here's what it is, and this is what it says. But let's do a deeper dive in the context. And that's where Jerry Jones as the owner and general manager, really has to go. As this thing gets finished up here, where do you go? How do you see it? How do you view it? You've got three playoff teams that you're about to go against. You're the end the season first place, Tampa Bay in the South, Eagles in first place. You got to go to Philadelphia for that game, and then you get a home game at the end against Washington who is fighting for playoff spots.
Speaker 4: Well, they couldn conceivably lose all.
Speaker 6: Three they could, yeah, they could and.
Speaker 4: And and so how do you see it?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: So that makes you and that's gonna put you at six and eleven. That's so that's a bad that's a bad year. M hm, that's a bad year. That's a bad year, especially coming into this season with the expectations of what was was levied out to this team, not only the team but the coaching staff. I mean you looked at it. Everybody was on a one year deal.
Speaker 6: They said, look, dude, this is it you you you.
Speaker 8: Want to, you know, get an extension, you want to. We're basically making you prove this is a proven deal for you in this year.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Well, that he that and that's HEGMA is yes, because I've always said this. Heckma, show me who else is operating like this in winning championships.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, Look the narrative again, at the end of the season. If let's hypothetically worse case scenario six and eleven, that's horrible. But even though you're gonna come back and you're gonna say six and eleven, the first thing you're going to start pointing to is the talent on the roster. Before the season even started, How did you think that you could win with that? How did you think did you think you could get away with two rookie offensive linemen? Did you conceivably believe running back room wise that you had that question answered also wide receiver, did you think that Jalen Tobert after the You know, look, Brandon Cooks, we had already seved the speed and had started to dissipate a little bit, and we were looking, we were already talking about who's the third, who's the fourth, Who's gonna be the guy that's gonna step up. We never saw that defensively, same questions. You got a guy coming back from n ACL injury. Oh and by the way, another guy that cracks his foot in I mean, there were a lot of questions coming to this season about the talent and oh, by the way, the talented guys that you were gonna be depended on were hurt before the season started, and you had rookies.
Speaker 2: So look, excuses are not gonna be allowed.
Speaker 4: Who does that fall on?
Speaker 7: You know exactly who it falls on. If it falls on the front office, it falls on the ones. That's that's it. Putting Mike McCarthy and the coaching staff in a position to be on the hot seat a lame duck coach. Everybody in the media knows it. Every time Mike goes to the podium, he could potentially be his last three games of the season. It's been a countdown since he started the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, so it's all on the front office.
Speaker 2: I mean it.
Speaker 4: Is because remember the questions, that's never beat the Browns. It's never gonna be on.
Speaker 8: You know, people was on the You see that Simmer defense, you see them flying around.
Speaker 4: There was no and what okay, okay, I'll go back, and what did I say? I would say that their two starting tackles are out? You did say that.
Speaker 5: I didn't talk about, Hey, you know this day won. But oh, by the way, look at what dude was running for your life.
Speaker 7: I mean, but when you come back and even that's the first game of the season, we see Cleveland struggles.
Speaker 2: Now we know what kind of team they are right.
Speaker 7: Now, even New Orleans, Hell, New Orleans had me thinking that they were going to beat the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: They talked to the super Bowl the way they beat us down. They had a party.
Speaker 7: I mean, but then after that game, it's early in the season.
Speaker 2: Now what do we see from these teams?
Speaker 7: I mean, it was too early to even judge and put your finger on who they are, how they were gelling, how they were meshing as a team and as a defense.
Speaker 2: Who were going to put it on. I think Mike.
Speaker 7: Look, Mike McCarthy, for all that everybody talks about, he is coaching his butt off these last He hadn't quit.
Speaker 4: And the team hasn't quit on him.
Speaker 2: He hadn't quit.
Speaker 7: Now, there have been some coaches that's obviously in the city, that he could be on professional coach anyway he could, he could do that.
Speaker 5: Mike has done a good job. But there are questions that Mike has to answer. And the running back room. First off, I want to know who wanted Ezekiel Elie.
Speaker 4: That's a solid question. You look over here, you didn't cut we're bringing back. That's a solid question. I gotta look at the running back coach.
Speaker 5: The running back room is not the same as when Skip Pete was here as running back coach. And now you look out here and you see what are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers And when the run run they are fourth in the NFL the rushing offense one hundred and forty four the game tied for fourth.
Speaker 4: Here, who's that running back coach? Oh, Skip Pete? Is there a dominant running.
Speaker 2: Back down there?
Speaker 7: Hey guys, come on now, wait a minute, Wait a minute, now, when you look when you look at Tampa Bay and you see Rashaw White and Bucky Irvin, that's different pedigree. We're not in the same that's a different running back altogether.
Speaker 2: We don't have anything that's comparable to that.
Speaker 4: And let me finish here. So you got a running back coach. Never been a running back coach in this league ever whose players have questioned him? I know this, and.
Speaker 5: Now how lated in the year you didn't figure it out? Rico Dallas should be your guy.
Speaker 4: We were saying this back and we give him opportunities back in week four or five. I mean to me a rotation.
Speaker 5: You know, if you bring Mike McCarthy back, you go get a running back coach. Go get a running back coach, because I don't see it here. We're seeing Cavante Turpin. Now get the football, make plays. I'm sorry, turn on the tape from TCU. They were doing this with the get the guy the ball's face and he's doing that. It took far too long to figure some of this stuff out here. And Mike is the play caller. These are the questions that Jerry Jones should be asking and talking about. Where Mike just can't get off the hook. You got to answer for this too. I'm not saying you're the problem. It's skin like saying about Tony Romo. I'm not saying Tony Romo's the problem, but Tony Romeo is a part of the problem.
Speaker 4: And that has to be asked.
Speaker 7: Oh, we're gonna talk about calls, and we're talking about basically calls and effect in a sense. Right, we have a rookie running back coach, unproven that you feel like has been a part of the problem in your running back room. But can we at least point to the offensive line as well?
Speaker 4: Okay, you go to the offensive line, but I go back to the running back coach here. Who put him there?
Speaker 2: But it's his buddy.
Speaker 5: It's his buddy that he's half since its Pittsburgh and so at some point in time in the coaching world, and this is something I have a very good friend of mine talk about the inustry. You can't keep hiring all your friends in these places. And there's some things that you can say, Hey, man, you hired your buddy, but what you're getting.
Speaker 4: Out of it?
Speaker 2: But know who doesn't hire their guys?
Speaker 4: You know what? Okay, what's the first hire? He made here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who does I mean?
Speaker 7: But but you go all around the league and you talk about head coaches and the people that they hire.
Speaker 2: They hire the people that they know.
Speaker 4: Okay, but guess what you now on the chopping block, you could be nothing, You could be gone and their neat If I'm Jerry, you're coming back.
Speaker 5: This one ain't coming back. Jerry's already gone through the staff before. But right now, in my mind, the running back position has been this has been a fail this year.
Speaker 7: Offensive line was bad. The offensive line started off horrible and oh by the way, ric o'dowell didn't get into any kind of rhythm until later in the season, even when you did give him halves to prove himself he was his vision was Look, but are you.
Speaker 5: Shocked on the offensive line on? We talked about that, Yes, we talked about that. Here comes guyon who's a project. It was gonna go from right to let.
Speaker 7: In those games that you just went back when you were talking about, Yeah, I'm shocked because hell, we only rushed some of those games for twenty two yards folk Waters and we only had twenty two yards some games nineteen yards in a full game. This has to be a cause of effect there. It can't just be oh, we switched the running backs out the cold, they had no room.
Speaker 4: We talked to Nate Neton all the time, and Nate Newton told you his feelings on guy. Yeah, okay, So if we just go back and listen to what Nate had to say from the beginning, this, what we're seeing from him is not a shock. Nate kind of nailed it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Cooper Bebee spoke about this one before too. This guy was an All American guard. You put him in a position he's never played before.
Speaker 7: When you had a guy in Hoffman, Uh yeah, okay, I thought you're talking about about says.
Speaker 5: I've said it before and I'll stand by it all day long, be honest. Is not worth ten million dollars. He's worth ten million dollars in Washington, but he wasn't a ten million dollar guy here considering where they were going. So you take a guy at left tackle who was wrong to play if Spidey hadn't played.
Speaker 4: Now you got a center playing and Spidey hasn't played.
Speaker 5: No one knew that Zach Martin was was going to have this drop off.
Speaker 4: No one thought Terrence Steele would have this drop off.
Speaker 7: What's the difference now though, What is the difference now in the running game than those first three weeks?
Speaker 2: From me?
Speaker 7: I just have to say more opportunities for forth, Rico Rico, I mean last game he had what twenty.
Speaker 4: Five who did play?
Speaker 2: They played it, they played it, But I mean we played some bad teams.
Speaker 7: We still didn't have the running game was there, and Dak was having to throw the.
Speaker 2: Ball thirty five forty times.
Speaker 5: Okay, but in a game, and and so so we go back and we look at you know, the Saints. You know, he couldn't stop the run against the Saints. And by the time you got around here, some of these games, yeah, some of these games early on the year, heck, you were out of it that you couldn't really perform. And Mike get talked about why they weren't playing complimentary football. So you know, your first game against Cleveland you won thirty three seventeen. You were able to do what you wanted to do. But the Saints game, that game was over by halftime. Ravens game that it was by halftime. You were you they were dominating the game. You wanted the Giants and you wanted Pittsburgh. You were able to run the football in both of those games. Then he got Detroit forty seven to nine. After that San Francisco, same thing, they handled you. Then you got ken Folk.
Speaker 6: Kurt, which was wild to me because that game it.
Speaker 4: Didn't really get out of hand.
Speaker 2: It's till the end.
Speaker 4: You had an opportunity. Philly thirty four to six. So in Houston, I mean they was a fifty five passing times, right, that was a they let they let Coop go back there fifty fives. So just going back to what you know, some of the some of the context of just how are you here? It's it's interesting we laid on a break. But this has been a fun conversation though.
Speaker 8: Who go on follows over the special teams? Is that is that you know that? Yes, so he got so he can tell you.
Speaker 2: Let's let hearthy.
Speaker 4: Let's let's let's listen when we go off conversation.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 4: Came to the gainst some other coaches beside Jeff Blast go to running back coads. Let's let's go around do.
Speaker 2: That and going forward on fourth and ten, and.
Speaker 5: I want to hear nobody talking about that contract no more. After I saw what happened down here yesterday. We'll dive into that next. Cross the league, Hack Maharrison, buried Church under instruct This is the Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 4: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 11: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 10: Invest like your icons, where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot com perfect pro.
Speaker 11: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 9: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes, including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys to the players Lounge.
Speaker 7: The twenty twenty five NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking place over in Orlando, and the ross is up to you. Cast your ballot for the twenty twenty five Pro Bowl Games. Vote and send your favorite Dallas Cowboy players to compete in the ultimate AFC Versus NFC showdown this February. Vote now at Pro Bowl dot Com slash votes.
Speaker 5: That is heech Maharrison appreciated very much. He's bury church for the Cowboys safety and new he struggs. This is the player's lounge. Cowboys getting ready to face the Buccaneers on NBC Sunday Night Football. Cowboys the series thirteen to six. Tampa Bay right now has got a record eight and six. Cowboys are six and eight. Last meeting Tampa Bay nineteen Dallas three. That was September twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: So regular playoffs, regularly regular.
Speaker 5: Extright, we're talking about coaches, and you know, if Mike McCarthy's brought back its possible changes. I believe running back room is not the running back room under Jeff Blasco is not better than running back room was un a skip peak Jeff Blasco, first time position coach in the league.
Speaker 4: No, no, it ain't working.
Speaker 5: What you thought of and Rico Dinod that we talked about Rico doing this and that. Where Why did it take this long to find out the dude could do something for you? That's a problem you.
Speaker 4: Barry Church asked about the special teams coach with with bone bones because I'm the bones fossil, because who does that ultimately fall long? When you talk about the all these special teams blunders that have happened so far this year.
Speaker 8: I mean, when we look at it, I think this is the first year in a long time where we've seen so many things go wrong special team wise. I mean, you got Turping, you got Aubrey, which is they're excellent, They're gonna be Pro Bowl, all Pro players, they will stop. Other than that, but wait, there's been games where special teams cast that has cost you in.
Speaker 4: The biggest I would say, the biggest game of the year, the game that could tip the balance of your playoffs going forward or the.
Speaker 8: Rest of the season. You may be on early vacation. It was a special team's blunder. So where does that fall under? Does that fall on bones or does that fall on the head coach.
Speaker 4: Also, when we're talking about going forward fourth and tens activations, like is this something that it's like like McCarthy doesn't isn't a like aware of It's just like they could do their own thing.
Speaker 6: They're not at like, I don't understand where that falls at.
Speaker 7: I think end game is you look at the rhythm of the game and you talk about those particular calls, and we've said on the show, I was like, man, if Mike McCarthy didn't know that they were about to do that, he should have turned I should have the film of him going crazy on bones fossil on the sideline because that was a bone headed play. And we've seen where analytics and God's thinking that they can they're better than the game, make calls that actually cost them. Look, that was a gamble. That was a gamble that blew up territory. That was a gamble that blew up in the cowboy's face, right, And when you come back to it and you're not what you're what you're ticked off about is that afterwards Gods are not apologetic.
Speaker 2: They're not saying, man, I'm sorry, I do it again, do this again.
Speaker 7: If I'm gonna call up that hold on and and and you're basing that against teams that's been coached by guys like Bill Belichick, that it seemed like all of his players were extensions of him, Like they wouldn't go out there and do anything dumb. In those fat final minutes against Cincinnati, you know, guys wouldn't have blocked it, or if not, if you wouldn't block the DA damn sure would have been getting away from it. Just because situational awareness, all of those things.
Speaker 2: Man, the penalties you could go you can start going down the.
Speaker 7: List of things that that you could look at it and say, this is an undisciplined team in some situations. Dumb you know, the dumb mistakes, the dumb calls that cost you in games. Like it's a lot to point out, but I think at the end, if I'm Mike McCarthy, I wanted all to follow on me because those are my mistakes. I can't let However, Fossil takes it for the special teams, but as the leader of that of that team, he has to be the one.
Speaker 2: To say it's on me has to at the end of the day, it didn't.
Speaker 4: Work because like, besides you was here when things we might go for he was always checking j G. I think we should do this in this situation. And I feel like when were looking at bones, it's just like, wow, damn all that we're gonna take over this, this is this our phase of the game, and it's just like, what is what is it for?
Speaker 7: Have you ever noticed like that the officive coordinated last year for for for the Eagles, the brother that got fired, he was one of those guys that seemed like he called plays for him and not them, like he was trying to get some shining. You've seen coaches do that come to it's all about early on enjoy but credit I'm calling man joins.
Speaker 4: Credit to Kellen mor though he realized I can't, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I hate let me.
Speaker 4: Did he go to a place where he tad, this what you're gonna do? Nah, I can't because we don't know that.
Speaker 7: We don't know that it was so easy to go ahead ahead.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying.
Speaker 7: All I'm saying is in certain situations, especially with fossil, you've scene where he's made calls and it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, boss fossils laws and brilliance, a genius.
Speaker 7: And then there's other ones that's like, boy, why would he do you know? And which one's been bored though, like we have we been saying bam bones, that was a hell of or we've been saying more has been It seriously has been in the middle because some of us been extremely dumb and it's been extreme genius.
Speaker 4: It's who he is.
Speaker 5: He was that way in l A and and and I remember somebody saying that was one reason why it wasn't with McMain anymore. Activated something and Sean didn't know the activated.
Speaker 4: To me, it's a respect there, like.
Speaker 8: You just go activate your own without checking in with the big guy.
Speaker 5: So here's here Theys Cowboys. They are second in the league and kick off return average number two. UH punt return average they are number eleven. You are going to have a Pro Bowl kicker, All Pro, All Pro.
Speaker 7: Last year and yeah, your kickoff return got Cavante Turpin.
Speaker 5: You know two dudes who were undrafted, two dudes who were in the USFL once again, they are here and they are they are major parts of this football team. Now, it's the gift in the curse. Man, we've seen they they either they here, they there, They ain't Carolina last week they were right there. But we just seemed like, hey man, you're doing too much.
Speaker 4: Your team should never cost you a game, like special teams should never cost a team a game. It did. I remember we were in newd it did under U. It was in the rain, and it did against the against against the Patriots. It's one of those.
Speaker 5: Who's the coach, who's the special guy?
Speaker 2: Oh Quinn, what happened here?
Speaker 8: They like, you know what I'm saying, Like the special team should never cost you a game in the National Football League?
Speaker 2: But they do. But they didn't have Yeah, they do, but they I mean, that's what I'm saying. It's the gift. It's the gift in the curse, as you just said.
Speaker 8: And if you had that sense of that a game back, would you rather have Pro Bowlers or the dub in that category?
Speaker 5: So this is I come back into this and uh, it meant more about it was about relationships more than anything. But TDJSON was in the eighty twenty. You got eighty two, eighty, you got eighty percent is really good and some people spend so much time worried about that twenty percent.
Speaker 4: They don't like next thing. You know, you even throughout for trying to get the twenty right, you known throughout the eighty percent that was that was solid trying to find that twenty bones fossil eighty percent of the time.
Speaker 2: I like to think that they they've done it. Good job.
Speaker 4: But that twenty oh lord, that's a big twenty.
Speaker 7: I mean one of them is think about one of those returns for Kane term against the was it the Commander's game? Yeah, and we did a little Yeah, he doesn't. Man, that's disaster from the beginning.
Speaker 4: That was special score fourteen point to the game. What was termed That's what you tell me all the time with would killing hand off right hand off. It's like that was termed that's who he is, tur turfing, turfing time. Baby's talking about it today.
Speaker 2: It was eight people business. It was good. Something that would be for anybody else.
Speaker 4: I was drawing up.
Speaker 7: You can't tell me, hey, cowboys get the ball at the two yard line in that situation.
Speaker 4: He's out there like a squirrel.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable rain talking about.
Speaker 4: Actually I asked about it in terms like yeah, I squirrel, Yeah, it's fried squirrel his thing, fried squirrels. It was good. Where's turing from Louisiana.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 5: I had no raccoon, that's but the squirrels. Yeah, I can square all the times. How do you know you get a leg, a wing, a.
Speaker 4: Breast tree rat trying? Yeah, trying rock he up, I asked. I asked Jay Lou about it. He said, no, I have some quail, put some raccoon be in garbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good, hard time screams, just like the fluid. We ain't doing no raccoon though.
Speaker 4: Eating pigs, big pigsis nasty stuff thing. But you sitting there eating that.
Speaker 2: Swine, don't die on the swine.
Speaker 4: Brother, bacon berry churching and bacon bird, bacon taste, that basy tast It was fine. You know, we can all we said, but what you eating over.
Speaker 7: There was that it was cured and that I just shot this one down out the tree now here in the pots.
Speaker 2: No, bro, we're the top thought of that supposed to meet church. You can't season that. Now.
Speaker 7: It's always being for Louisiana and Arkansas with that man. And it's because he was something should Louisiana.
Speaker 4: We eat all cont oft, we eat alligated with And then he's I don't know where from sim Arkansas next door so but he's but he the biggest cavante prefers his squirrel fried. So I want to broil it and I put it on the rot like you going to the fair. You'll see somebody shouldring it that to the state fan next year. A cotton candy squirrel.
Speaker 2: It doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 12: Squirrel.
Speaker 2: That surprised me, that's it.
Speaker 4: So what do you cook the squirrel?
Speaker 5: Like, put some eggs in it and make a armlet them and what do you do?
Speaker 2: Just fried?
Speaker 4: Let me get that fright. He's like, really that was his whole thing fried like a little eight piece, you know. Squirrel box, squirrel box.
Speaker 13: Stop man, white dark met right girl, that darkness and the white hell. That bad boy down there, boy.
Speaker 4: Squirrel from Papae really be grubbing on that man like that need some dipping sauce. Throw it in the ring. Man. We are not in a shortage of chicken wings.
Speaker 2: Fellas.
Speaker 7: You can always go out there and get you You can always get you some wings.
Speaker 2: Bro Leave that squirrel alone. Man, that's cold.
Speaker 4: Man, you're not doing a raccoon. But the squirrels come. I take down the squirrel. Man.
Speaker 2: That is nasty.
Speaker 4: I wanted squirrel nuggets.
Speaker 7: That's nasty. White a dark mixed squirrel. Not a lot of squirrel up. People from the South, we don't get down about. Don't get down like that. Now you know I'm a city boy. I'm gonna just take you straight up. We don't do all that. People got misconceptions about what going to Dallas, Texas man, and no clip we don't do that.
Speaker 2: You know that squirrel We ain't no raccoon and do none of that. Man. Like I said, if times got hard, we went to Williams Chicken. We did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, come on, you're speaking my dollar fifty for some coin realers and you come on give he's pepper red soda water.
Speaker 4: So I asked Brooks. Brooks like, North Carolina, what do you say? He said, no, man, I don't do that. I've heard him, but no, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: He hasn't had any j lou Uh Jeorge Louis is like no, no, he says he'll do caviars.
Speaker 7: That's fishing. He said, what he'll do cave y'all, he'll do caviar Verry.
Speaker 2: Church is going on.
Speaker 4: That's the very from Detroit.
Speaker 2: Now what.
Speaker 4: Now, boy, brothers in Detroit is not Cavia.
Speaker 2: You better talking about man wants cast by the buck.
Speaker 4: Yes, crazy, go to Michigan, you know, getting paid to Michigan. Pay in hanging out there. Man, he can cave you. Living high on the lifestyles of Richard famous hanging Robin Leech.
Speaker 7: Ain't no way, it was all a dream, no, bro. They lead a squirrel alone, man, just a squirrel loon. Let him be man.
Speaker 4: Jerry said, he and he he didn't even ask for the squirrel brand because his sister and his dad wanted it. And he said delicious.
Speaker 2: They were fighting for the squirrel.
Speaker 5: Brand, and Cavante said the squirrels delicious. Caral Malone said, squirrel stew, squirrel.
Speaker 4: I sent you that. I sent you the recipe yesterday. He wanted to get you met you. Then he said, I rememberho said it tastes like chicken. Yeah, you had you had a squirrel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all knew it. You're talking real big.
Speaker 4: I was in Louisiana at the Super Bowl. I did I did the frog legs. We did that did some alligator and then the pig jaw and that was it.
Speaker 5: That was that was done. I'll never do the gator again. No more frog legs. I will be eating You said it's bacon. It's it's bacon.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. It's like, get back to butch. I'm gonna get some big, big jaw. That's right.
Speaker 7: It's taking it. You're taking us back two hundred years with that. Man. No, please don't eat that. Man your body.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put it on some pizza.
Speaker 7: No, no stop.
Speaker 2: Man, you take it, takeing his back, taking his back.
Speaker 4: I made pizza with my kid last night. We made pizza. So we made pizza. Put little sauce on, put the put the hot honey cheese on, and I put on some procido bacon and differently, but the jaw bacon, it's the same thing.
Speaker 5: When you see it, it slice something insanity. It looks just like bacon. Cook it on up there, throw it on there and the pizza. Throw some red onion on the pan. But some honey is it?
Speaker 4: It's it. It's all good.
Speaker 2: I know you.
Speaker 4: I know you're vegetary. You don't do that. If I brought church over and I didn't tell Church and this was bacon, bacon.
Speaker 2: It is bacon.
Speaker 7: Church gonna be like, take this off. Let me get the jaw. It's just because of the dame.
Speaker 4: I said, hogjaw was I did call hog jawn.
Speaker 2: Brother, tell me that's bacon. I'll be alright, hogs, I said, two hundred years.
Speaker 7: Man, we just went backwards, two Hundred'm going back bacon.
Speaker 4: Everybody eat bacon. Yeall, chiplers, y'all like you no brought that clans brought was like he said, he was traumatized.
Speaker 5: Clai man, it's finally I can't do jills. No, no, you there's not a dollar you can give me eat that.
Speaker 4: I did. One time, I remember it.
Speaker 5: I was in the first grade, ford Hood, Texas on Lockridge. Loop was outside in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Dude, remember where he was.
Speaker 4: I spit it outside? No, I said, no.
Speaker 2: The smell of cleaning. It wasn't enough.
Speaker 4: When a seven year old spit something out and go and go go, let me go brush my teeth. This was so dance.
Speaker 2: I was trying.
Speaker 5: You never ever, don't bring it in my house. No outside, you want to go outside in the back and no, no.
Speaker 4: Some castle the hot sauce on her. They be going to town on it. I'm like, no, I can't even be around it. I said, the don't even don't bring it to the house. Don't cut No, don't do it. You go to Clarences chilling Man.
Speaker 2: To the tutor. Don't do it.
Speaker 4: You gotta pay some bills. Yeah, let's get it. Break right here, play sounds mister gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Okat, Hey, Danny mccrage here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 12: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey.
Speaker 2: Drizzle with two new flavors.
Speaker 7: It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing up to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster cankuler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concession and on Yettie dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss, Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer Own.
Speaker 11: Boss raising Caines presents the other rules of Football Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one, anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day raising canes chicken fingers. One love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 7: The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide, recognizes players who do so much more both on the field and in the community. Help Dallas Cowboys nominee Zach Martin raised funds for the National Medal of Honor Museum Fund Foundation by casting your Charity Challenge vote on nfl dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag wpmoy Challenge. Voting ends on January the sixth. Vote for Zach.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, heck Maherrison. Final segment here the Players Lounge. Barry Church is our former Cowboys safety.
Speaker 5: Here, I'm newly scruggs quickly on Kirk Cousins, who's now been benched by he could take that cowboy win with him.
Speaker 4: So it says most likely to happen to Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 5: According to Andrew Brant, who used to work in the package front office, he says most likely it happened. He'll be released in March with a post June one designation. He will make twenty seven point five million next year from the Falcons or another team, after making sixty two point five million dollars this year. He will not make ten million dollar guarantees in twenty sixteen. I mean in twenty twenty six the Falcons will have paid ninety million dollars for a partial season.
Speaker 4: What a mistake.
Speaker 7: And you need to tell me Lamar Jackson. Hey, let's go back to this. Y you mean to tell me Lamar Jackson two years ago? Two years ago, when they had an opportunity to sign Lamar he wasn't He wasn't worth it. He wouldn't have been worth it.
Speaker 4: Back they put the statement out saying they will arf the blank put the statement out here if they won't go to sign it. And they were worried about his Uh, they worried about his interesting. I said, that would have made so much money, thought Kim Kirk, I bought a base who is his age? I know he needed to teach a massive class because he doesnet got because why don't you have all the players? Yeah, they need to be going to hell.
Speaker 7: This is this is one of those situations when you look at the way it played out with Kirk, such a massive mistake. And then I think the biggest mystery about Kirk Cousins is when you saw in the draft last year that when they took Michael Pennix in the what did they think it? And was it either the injury or they just were not sure? But you you sure put a lot of guarantees into a guy that you were not sure of. And that's money that they're going to be flushing for a very long time and he probably be playing somewhere else and they'll be paying him.
Speaker 8: How do you think the locker is gonna react, because I mean this team is still what one place out of first place?
Speaker 4: Reacting. Yeah, it's probably the locker room that got that made this happen, because if you go out there and he just lose three, Morris couldn't keep it up.
Speaker 5: He kept He's trying to stay by it, but he couldn't keep this up any were about to lose the season, so you got to do something here.
Speaker 2: So that's how do you get benched?
Speaker 7: Have to win, thanks, I'm say, but he can't because in the game they tried to lose it.
Speaker 5: So they're just Vega's so bad they couldn't even win it. They were trying to give it to him. So it's bad.
Speaker 4: It's bad. But you know people talking about Dak Prescott car You look at Kirk Cousins, look at that, Look at all that that guy has.
Speaker 2: You like that?
Speaker 4: You like that? So he can take it? Can he double dip next year? Like so the A for twenty seven? Yeah, let's say he goes somewhere on a one year, ten million dollar deal.
Speaker 2: He can double like Russ right, Ye?
Speaker 4: Like how worse with the stealers in the can they do it now?
Speaker 2: They pay? They said, Kirk, god dam for it.
Speaker 4: I was speaking the backup.
Speaker 5: And the back like, you know, let me just what church You're out the next two days, hollow bitch, HOLLI slop.
Speaker 7: So we need the mountains with Barry Church at the top of the mountain.
Speaker 4: We need your pick for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's have a babe cow boy game on Sunday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on now, I'm afraid this is we're going against the sheet integrity. Yeah you go, what do you have?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 4: All had Tampa, We all have, I mean we all had com Come on.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm going against the sheet of targary on this one.
Speaker 2: Give me.
Speaker 4: Give me shaking bake. Then I run games, Give me shaking baked.
Speaker 7: Nothing about these last couple of games, Nothing about the defense turning around, nothing.
Speaker 4: About twenty nine game four four.
Speaker 6: Twenty eight to fourteen, twenty eight to fourties, he's good.
Speaker 2: Hell the thing excurse damn, twenty eight to fourteen.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be Oh man, this is gonna be this. This is gonna be bad matchup. Man, it's a bad matchup.
Speaker 2: We're gonna lead us into Christmas like that. I'm sorry to say the lasting images.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's some of you. Man.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm nine point on. Let's go, baby, Yeah, nine point.
Speaker 5: Cowboys have a batter chance right now. They said the cowboy's got a double a chance.
Speaker 6: Of winning in the s m u Hey, so we're gonna put up some poise, man, This man holding up?
Speaker 2: Man holding up?
Speaker 4: What's my boy? What was the running backs back in the day. Eric Dickerson, Dickerson Craig. Yeah, let's go, man, Tony express up, baby, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's go.
Speaker 4: Twenty fourteen Church. I ain't gonna be by myself. I know my pick on Friday.
Speaker 2: I know I ain't gonna be by myself. I'm making my pick on Friday.
Speaker 12: No, we know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that I want you when you're leaning against the s of integrity right now, no week.
Speaker 4: She taking me blown up.
Speaker 7: You know what I want you to do is write very small letters at the sheet of integrity because a lot of things from the seat of sheet of integrity have changed this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you cutting the Cowboys and super and stand on it and and died on it and.
Speaker 7: Did that hey who picked them to win the n f C East Walk think all of us know, Yes.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't like. I don't like you throw rocks and hode your hands. We are not going to getting away with.
Speaker 4: N That's the East New Dallas, Church, Philly, heck Dallas our wild card wild card wild cards. You had Dallas is a wildcard, the Rams is a wild card, Green Bay is a wild card.
Speaker 5: Was about to get two of them, two of them wild card. I had Arizona, rams in Washington.
Speaker 4: You ain't got you might get to yourself. Heck it for a wild card. You had, uh, the Packers Philly and the Ramsay you might.
Speaker 2: Have to you might.
Speaker 4: You played a lottery other day, I'm playing it. Didn't NFC Championship. I had Detroit.
Speaker 2: This one this way, you get over there, right, You see how you do it? You had to lead Detroit to the leader. Look at look at that. Chris in the show Man. Chris Who in the show Chris.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 4: Ye