Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yanas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for joining us again.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me. I'm your favorite Oak Shannon Sharp, that guy, Liberty City, Legend, Bengals, Ring of Fame, Outerie Probo, the Hall Probe.
Speaker 3: That's Chad Ocho, Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 2: I just read an article today that t Higgins market is going to be somewhere a little bit, a little north of thirty million a year on the free agent market. Yes, sir, Now, look that's his choice. I think he's saying all the right things, and you don't want to come because you know Joe if he goes, Oh, he's selfish. Why he's helfish Mike Brian made all that money, he ain't paid but a handful of people since he owned the team. You got, you got, you got.
Speaker 5: You gotta talk to him. I can't say it no more. I mean you, can you please tell the people in the chat. I'm sure I'm listen. I know we have a lot of Bangal fans in the chat, right, I know we do. Can you please tell them the importance of your first contract as a player, after you put all the work in to get to this point. And I know I know he means well, I know he doesn't. I would love to see him stay. But you got to say something because I done said that. I don't think people listen to me because they've been.
Speaker 1: Arguing me down. You know my fans, you know that I love them. They've been arguing me down based on what I said.
Speaker 2: Maybe if they hear from you on the first contract, especially with t Higgins was a second round pick. If I'm not mistaken, your first contract is what solidifies everything. Now, that gives you if you want to down the road, oho, if you want to take a little less money, or you want to give them a little haircut. Now, look when I say give your haircut. I ain't getting no damn ball head now. I ain't getting no kojack. That's what you call the ball here. When I was growing up with Jack Hey, the old man going to Hey, Hey, Green, give me that Kojak, that miant a ball head. Nah, I ain't getting no. I ain't getting no ball Now. If you say, okay, I'm gonna stay, I could go get thirty thirty one million have a free agent. Now you're gonna give me twenty eight twenty nine. So when I projected out, that's about okay, I'm gonna lose ten million. I can you know what ojo With a couple of you know, with a couple of incentives here or there, I do a couple of appearances. I can make that up. But when you tell me on the free agent market, I can get five years, one hundred and sixty million with eighty million guaranteed. And what y'all can only get to is one hundred and twenty million. Oh hey on, nah twenty when you strike. Once you get past twenty thirty million, I can't even hear nothing y'all saying yeah, y'all bull jeving. I can't give it because here's the thing, ojo. Yeah, if the networks were to go to the NFL and say, y'all cut us a deal, what you think they're gonna say? Ojo, No, they not getting no deal from the NFL is not given because I don't think y'all understand. Chat. Let stay with me right here. Do y'all realize that even though like ESPN has paid two point two billion, and Foxes paid two billion and all these networks, do you realize, even on playing the two billion, the one point eight the other two point two billion, that in order for ESPN to show video clips they gotta pay for that too. Eleven minutes of video clips is about two million dollars. Let that sink it. Chet, Listen to me, eleven minutes worth of video clips? How many video clips do you think ESPN show in a day? How many of you think they showed in a week?
Speaker 3: Same for Fox, same for CBS, same for NBC, same for Amazon.
Speaker 2: Think about that? So I just play hold on. It's like, oh, Joe, yes, sir, I go pay two hundred thousand dollars for a car. You mean to jail me. I gotta play for the umbrella to come in the car too. You can't give me that of a god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, listen, listen, I just I don't understand, and I think about the nature of the business when it comes time to get paid for one the teams aren't going to come to you with your best interest in heart or in mind.
Speaker 1: They gonna they gonnall. Of course, they gonna know about you.
Speaker 5: You know, I understand, I know the game that they're going to play as much as I love the game of football, but I understand the bidding war.
Speaker 2: It's almost like, oh, just reminds you of like in the uh in Pennsylvania, Montana Marino, name of Kelly, all of them from that little pocket, so many you know, uh, what's the boy names at Equippa. Tony Door said, all Equippa. I mean that that little, small, little Pennsylvania. A lot of Hall of famers came out of there. But this is I mean, within one hundred and twenty miles of each other. It'll be interesting they probably you know, chasing each other before.
Speaker 5: Whatever whatever, whatever parts of Louisiana they were from. They didn't just start getting good.
Speaker 3: They've been good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been.
Speaker 3: Good way back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So obviously, you know, you know, players in different counties and different cities that are playing well.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure they know each other.
Speaker 5: Especially the seven or seven stuff when they were coming up, and I'm sure they crossed paths, you know, in those type of areas of environments.
Speaker 2: Chase is gonna win. We're gonna win the triple crown. Jetta is having an outstanding season. He's over a undred, one hundred catches uh elite neighbors, He's on pace. Uh well, the only thing, yeah, is that he's got Brian uh brock Bowers nine catches, that said, the single season record for tight ends. He has uh eight four more catches than elite neighbors. He has one o eight neighbors.
Speaker 5: That says a lot too, man, that's a lot like Listen, I bron Bowers was the real deal at Georgia.
Speaker 2: He was a real deal.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what he would be in the NFL. We've we've seen many players.
Speaker 5: We've seen many players I dominate, you know, at the college level, and it gets to fail and absolutely disappeared. Yeah, brock Bowers is everything is advertised, boy, everything is advertised.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I thought you? Yes, sir, you know why I thought he would be good? O Joe because he's not a nest tight end, right, He's an old who put his hand in the dirt tight end. That's tremendous run after the catch. He has great body control, he got great hands, can catch the ball in traffic. He's good run after the catch. Now, is he grownk Is he Mark m'barro with some of these big George Kittle? No, no, no, no, no, he's not that. Now. I'm not saying he's that, but he's a decent. And what I tell guys all the time, are you more of an asset in the passing game than you are a liability in the run game? Because if you are, you can play, you can be special in this league. Because that's all I'm asking. And that's what I told a boy. I said, Mikey, I'm gonna be more of an asset than I am a liability. Now. Now, if you want me to try to hold up against Reggie and straight handed Bruce, aw, it ain't happening. So I'm gonna go ahead to tell you right now, go ahead, put somebody else in there, and when it comes to pass it down, let me go on and get my little passing and I'll come on out. But dang gonna just wear me out all day long. I'm gonna get me a couple of wins back. And so that's the way you gotta approach it. But before leading receivers all within one hundred and twenty miles of each other, Chase Justin, Jefferson, Ceedee Lamb, Brian Thomas Jr. And elite neighbors for good measure. There's been speculation that the Raiders co owner Tom Brady really like Brian flores as a potential head coaching candidate. Florenes has done damage on some amazing things with the bikes. Remember he was the defensive coordinator when they won the Super Bowl against the Rams right in Atlanta, and then he got the head coaching job at Miami. Okay, he was a linebackers coach. When did he become to DC? He was he was never the DC Okay, So he's the linebackers coach that got the job. Okay because Patricia was the DC. Okay, you like that.
Speaker 3: You like Brian Florence to.
Speaker 5: The now, Listen, I think Brian Floyd is and what he was able to do with the Vikings defense.
Speaker 1: Obviously the personnel and the talent and skill level.
Speaker 5: Maybe a little different, a little bit more upside when it comes to the Vikings defense, But I think it would be good.
Speaker 1: I think he'd be a good fit.
Speaker 5: I don't like the fact that they're firing or getting rid of Ap when AP hasn't had a chance because he's been going going through a god damn quarterback carousel and got damn married around the quarterbacks, so it's hard to be able to Again. I said all the time, you can't compete unless you got a quarterback, Yes, you can't. Zero opportunity.
Speaker 2: And who did he have? Who do you have about you? He had Jimmy g Yeah, Garnament, you a O'Connell, those those anybody.
Speaker 5: Remember it's no disrespected them, no disrespecting them. But you know, we talk about tier two, tier three quarterback.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: What am I supposed to do with that? None?
Speaker 1: You can't do. It's unfortunately, you give.
Speaker 2: Me chicken poods and make me some chicken salad, and I needed to be yummy. You're right, I mean, I like Ryan Floyd's I think you. I think you've done a great job of rehabilitating himself because all the things that were coming out, we weren't favorable. You hear to us say things. You hear Ryan Fitzpatrick say things. There's some other people that have come out and say somethings, but that look, at the end of the day, Brian, if I would tell all I would say, is this be you. You're not coach Belichick. And I think that is the one mistake all the coaches under that tree has made. They try to be coach.
Speaker 1: That way of coaching wouldn't work in this area anyway.
Speaker 2: If you look at look at the guys that come out of Mike Shanahan, Me, Kyle Shanahan's tree, Sean McVay, Sean McVay, Matt laflour Is, Matt lafleur, Kevin O'Collins, Kevin O'Connell, Mike McDaniels, Mike McDaniel. Don't nobody try to be like him. I don't know why when that's not your personality. When they look up there and they hear you sound like coach Belichick, but then like you, Brian Flores, you, Matt Patricia, you, Josh McDaniel, you, Bill O'Brien, you, Charlie White, you Romeo. For now, you're not him? Why try to be him? So that would be my advice to him. I hope he gets another opportunity. Normally the second time around.
Speaker 1: Was very important.
Speaker 5: But you have some pieces you get to work with over there, Jack Jones, Max Crosley. Now you got some other young books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got Christian Wilkins. Yeah you got brock b You gotta get a quarterback. You gotta get a quarterback. And they got a lot of nont how much cap space did the Raiders. Now Rader's got a lot of cap space. Now they're gonna have a little dead calf space on there with Davante Adams dealing him.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a little dead cap space. But O joe, that's it. They got money.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, you don't want to spend anything you want.
Speaker 2: Rady's got the second most money to space.
Speaker 1: I don't just want to spend anything. You want to spend on the right thing.
Speaker 2: I just you know, I thought Jamal Adams should have should have should have stayed at the Jets. I don't know, maybe it was a contract he wanted to get paid. Uh. Sometimes, bro the grass ain't always greener, and and and and it's it's really difficult.
Speaker 3: It's rare.
Speaker 2: It's really really rare, o Joe, that you can build up something here and then go somewhere else and it be the same. It's it's difficult. And I remember having a conversation with a very, a very a great player, and he called me. He said, Kevin, what you think I should do? I said, I said, I'm gonna be honest with you. I said, where you're thinking about going, they're never looking to love you like you like they do where you are. I said, never. I don't care what you do. You're be loved where you are. You're just gonna be another piece. He stayed. And and I don't think enough guys realize that. Yeah. I mean, I get it free agency and they won't pay you. But when you request things.
Speaker 5: Based on where he was at his being in safety, you got to hit it when the stove is hot. And the stove was hot for him.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's think about it, because think about had he not did what he did and he had gotten hurt, then he wouldn't have got that money. Jets are reportedly said to interview Ron Rivera and Rex Ryan for the head coach in vacancy at.
Speaker 3: The Jets, o Jo, who would be the better fit. I'm biased, so don't ask me.
Speaker 1: Rex going back.
Speaker 2: Uh No, but I'm saying I know Rex Saxy Rex and he was on the staff in Baltimore. His dad came and worked me out when I was at the Bronx, not the Broncos. When I was in Savannah State O Joe Buddy. His dad rested, so came and worked me out. He say, Son, I've washed the tape. He says, we're gonna take a bunch of receivers. He said, we're gonna put all the ass in the bag and the best ones are gonna put that. That what he told me. He drafted all those receivers, and I remembered him telling me he's like that up. He said, we took a bunch of receivers, but none of them was you. They took a Fred Barbinet, they took uh like Calvin Williams, Mike Bellamy. They took like four receivers. And it's.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that is motivating in itself.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. Who you like best? You like Ron Rabelo, you.
Speaker 5: Like I don't think Ron has the right and personality is not the right word to use. He just doesn't fit the New York atmosphere, the New York meter, I mean the New York m hm.
Speaker 2: Rex have been there, done that. He knows, he knows, Uh, he definitely knows. He definitely knows how to talk to the media. He has the personality.
Speaker 1: It doesn't fit. He just doesn't fit. I mean, good, good coach. He just doesn't fit in that atmosphere.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's what they need, you like, especially like Brexit, a defensive mind as well too.
Speaker 2: Right If I'm thinking, yeah, yeah, we definitely have a defense player, well but let me ask you this, what are you doing with who? Who are you bringing in an offensive coordinator? And what are you doing?
Speaker 1: See that's the scary part. So it doesn't matter you switch coaches if you don't have nobody to him that can be able to get the ball and de liarter that thing. It ain't no point, It ain't no point.
Speaker 5: You're signing you're signing yourself up for suicide, basically, but you're not gonna be able to compete when you don't have a quarterback.
Speaker 2: About your checking this out. The Bills defeated the Jets forty team. At one point, the score was forty to eight. Aaron Rodgers had a one point two QBR today versus the Bills. It was one of the worst twenty worst games by quarterback in NFL history. It was the worst game since Davis Mills in twenty twenty one. The Bills forced three turnovers, notched the safety sacked Aaron Rodgers four times. Rodgers had a forgettable game with season lows and passive yards one hundred and twelve, quarterback rating forty four. Aaron Rodgers benched himself in the fourth quarter, essentially saying you know what, oh Jo, this is what he said. I mean, it was thirty three to nothing. We're sitting there and I said, at some point you'd probably go to tyrod Huh yeah, probably should have went to Tyron about five games ago. Huh.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know what, a Bills.
Speaker 2: I need y'all to give me y'all vaccination status cause that probably why y'all won.
Speaker 5: Hey, so I can ask you a question a check? Can I ask you a question a chack? Listen, listen to me, sure question. Then Anthony Richardson said he required in coming out the game and was saying, you know what, I'm going to mention myself. I guess what may be based on my play, when there's nothing wrong with him, there any difference.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: I'm here a chat. I'm curious in your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I just want to I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of a player actually mentioned himself unless he's saying he's been himself and and and they unless they actually did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's not what he said.
Speaker 2: He said he went to the code, basically went to the coach and said, we're sitting there, and I said, at some.
Speaker 5: Point, you can't give up with your team in the middle of the game, no matter how mad you're, Glenn, you still got to keep fighting.
Speaker 2: To the end. You have to. I'm so, I'm just tried to figure out. I mean, but if they probably did, look, I mean, he done begged enough for a job, or if they draft the quarterback, I would mentor him. You know, that's not a conversation for me. I mean, he's begging to stay there. You know, he's playing bad, and y'all giving people giving him every excuse. And and when you say that he's played bad, you're talking about his vaccination status. That ain't got nothing to do with him playing bad. That ain't got nothing to do and that was four years ago. Ain't even nobody talking about COVID. He keeps bringing that up to try to he's playing he's playing the shell game with yojo. Mm hmm, let's talk about COVID. So you Ryan hands what you're playing bad with. He tried to distract. That's why he keeps bringing it up.
Speaker 3: Don't nobody. Don't nobody bring up that he misled people.
Speaker 2: And you know, immunization, and he talk about, you know, if he vaccinated, he immunized. Nobody brings down we're talking about your play in twenty twenty four has been abysmal. Right, There's no there's no way around it. He's played bad. He's still a four time league MVP. He's still a Super Bowl champ, he still has thrown four hundred and ninety nine touchdowns. He's done all of that. And I say that, but he's played bad in twenty twenty four. There's no Whey around the chat. There's nowhere around the Jet fans, even the most die hard Stauncher supporters of Aaron Rodgers can honestly can with that minute.
Speaker 5: The season was abusinal. It's been bad. It's been really bad. Does he get an opportunity to redeem himself next year, that's the question.
Speaker 2: I don't believe he redeemed himself in New York. That's just just me, uh right, I think I mean Wooded Johnson. If the reports are to be believed that Wooded Johnson try to bench him earlier in the season. I don't know why you would bench him and then have him back.
Speaker 6: Now, that's just my thought. Owners have done things that made me scratch my head before. But all I know is this, they fired the coach coordinator.
Speaker 5: Hey, Like I said, you know, players get coaches fired.
Speaker 2: No, but oh Jo. The thing is this what you have to understand. Like that you basically turned you turn the organization over to it. Tampa did that for Tampa, did that for Brady. Broncos did that for Manning. The problem that you have to be careful with is that people sometimes to have power, they'll abuse that privilege. It'll tell you a lot. Give a person if you want to know what a person and people say, we'll give h money, give a person power, mm hmm.
Speaker 5: That'll tell you exactly what person is. That's telling y'all.
Speaker 2: And Aaron Rodgers has four hundred and nine in a career touchdowns suddenly five hundred and certain things is gonna be interesting to see.
Speaker 3: Does he play, does he start next week? Does he play next week?
Speaker 2: Uh. It's being reported that Garrett Wilson will reportedly request the trade if Rogers comes back as quarterbacks. I remember having a conversation with you this off season when they were in training camp and he kept talking to Rogers.
Speaker 3: I said, oh, Chose, that's not a good sign. You said, oh, you just the preseason.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm telling you, he keep talking, and I don't blame it, y'all keep telling me.
Speaker 5: All I know is that when I have he's not been being utilized the right way. But I know what he can do. I know they can do, and there's nothing there's nothing wrong with him. There's nothing wrong with him. But the quarterback player has been abysmal. And we've seen Aaron Rodgers before be able to facilitate the ball and be able to addition and deliver it to multiple players at a time, because.
Speaker 2: He did it for a very long time in Green Bay.
Speaker 5: Maybe he just not the same quarterback we're you used to seeing. Because there's no reason Garrett Wilson to be upset.
Speaker 1: There's no reason.
Speaker 5: Garrett Wilson, with his talent, with his skill level and what he can contribute to that offense, there's no reason for this.
Speaker 2: And his time.
Speaker 5: He's young, he's not in his prime yet. It's being wasted in New York.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, it is and that's and that's the look guys, y'all, O chose have a little a different way. I just call it like I see it. I don't I don't have anything personal against anybody. I don't think I'm better than anybody. I don't care what somebody else is doing. I just look at it and said, Okay, the guys playing good. The guy's not playing good, and let me try to tell you, plain to you why he's not playing good or why he is playing good. And so that's why they just don't look at touchdown interception sacke blah blah blah. I'm trying to look at how it came. I'm trying to look at how it came to be. That's why we were able to look at the player and say, oh, that interception that y'all blaming on Russ.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no, that wasn't Russ.
Speaker 2: That was Pickings. He quit on the route. And so once he quit on the route, the safety said, why the hell am I gonna get wide? But there's not a threat White, The danger is screaming up the same here. Let me just cheat this here. Okay, thank you, thank you, Russ. I appreciate that anybody like Russ, how could you throw that had to say, had Pickins not quit on that route and he stayed wide, that means Reed would have had to stay wide, and that means fried Muth would have got over the top of it because he picked it. You have to understand everything ties together, O Joe. You we're talking about from a standpoint of running routes. We know how things tie together. Front side, we gotta maybe the front side. We got a digger hoping that safety get knows it that we got the post on the backside. That's what the Broncos ran the Diino. The man Marvin Mills Jr. Safety is already outside, so I'm gonna get him a little further. Now I'm gonna head back to the post. Safety ain't paying attention on the backside.
Speaker 3: Now I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm past you. So in offense, things tie together. It's it's almost like, you know, rice and gravy. You know, you know corn bread and this of potatoes and that they go together. And so you trying to say, okay, this went together. But guys, at some point in time, even even our favorite players, they're not what they once were and they can't do it.
Speaker 3: And that's the one thing that you learn is that you can't do it consistently.
Speaker 2: You could have a game or two, but Aaron Rodgers to throw three hundred two fifty Aaron Rodgers turned hold on how many interceptions the man got. He probably got three seasons in twenty years in which he's had double digit interceptions. Roger was throwing forty five touchdowns with six picks, forty touchdowns with four picks routinely. Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I told the other night.
Speaker 5: I saw the graphic come up, and I'm looking. I thought, I'm like, man, what in the hell.
Speaker 2: If he does? He might not have, but one hundred and two. He has the greatest touchdown to interception ratio in NFL history. So we have four hundred and ninety nine touchdowns one hundred and thirteen picks, which.
Speaker 5: Is that's why he's afforded opportunities. Races the quarterback because of that. But people understand it, and you know they're gonna use that as a crutch over and over and over. He's going to get another opportunity to play if I don't know if it's going to be in New York. I don't know if it's going to be in New York. Knowing Aaron Rodgerson the way he is and the way he operates, he gonna want to come back. You're gonna want to come back.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. Oh, Joe, as you yeah, O Joe, as you get older, you don't get to make the decisions. Yeah, but think about it. Tom Brady didn't get to write his inding, Peyton Manning didn't get to write his ending, Montana didn't get to write his ending. Emmitt Smith didn't get to write his ending. There are not very many guys because once you get old, you don't get.
Speaker 5: The right A very small problem. Aaron Rodgers might not be able to write the ending, right was that? But they can't close the page on that chapter because they don't have nobody to open the new book.
Speaker 2: Oh yetty Due, And why wouldn't you go make it?
Speaker 3: Sam Donald? I like you know? I like did I like you see oh oh, Joe. It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometime even in the relationship, the individual, the female or the male can be paralyzed because they're so afraid that somebody might not out there. What am I gonna do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know he don't pay for I know he beat on me. I know she cheat on me.
Speaker 5: I know this.
Speaker 2: But am I gonna be able to find somebody else? Yes, sir, you get paralyzed by that because you overthink said situation. I refuse to be at a situation like that. I refuse to I am not going to let you hold me hostage. Come on, I don't see it right now. Something on the other side because the jets cannot see, well, who is the quarterback right now that we can definitively say?
Speaker 3: Are you saying that there's somebody out there that gonna be worse?
Speaker 2: I mean, are you telling me? You mean to tell me you can't find somebody out there that can go five and eleven? I mean five and twelve, that can go six and ten, that can go seveny what nine and eight? You got to be kidding me. They're now no quarter of a chat. Tell me from wrong? Do y'all believe that there's another There's not another quarterback out there that can do what Rogers did this year. You will give me without him, but that guy, Oh Joe, that guy, you would be in the playoffs. But he's not that guy anymore. Carolina had Sam Donald and they have Baker Mayfield. I don't know if y'all know, but Baker Mayfield got like four or five games where he throwing four touchdowns this year that he threw five today with over three hundred yards. Sam Donald through three today he's throwing thirty five touchdowns, which is the third most for for for a Viking. So I don't know. So clearly these guys can play given the right sort of circumstances.
Speaker 3: Now, look, they would devoid a talent.
Speaker 2: They didn't have this level of talent in Carolina, so you have to take Look, I'm not saying that it's all Carolina fault, but Mike Evan and Chris Godwin. You look at what they got in town for not even though Chris Godwin is gone down, they still have quality receivers and they have a nice running game. You look at what they obviously, look at what Sam Darnod's throwing to. He got Aaron Jones in his backfield. He got Howkinson, who's been a Pro Bowl player. He's got Jetta, he's got Addison, he's got Naylor. I mean, look, he's got guys that he can throw the ball to. But it just goes to show you, I don't care without talent around you. Now you got some guys. Now, guys like a Mahomes, the guys like some guys can like Brady, they used to elevate, could elevate. You know. Not if you're in the league, you're good. But everybody is not gonna be a Jedda. Everybody's not gonna be Randy Mossos for the song. But what a great quarterback like a Mahomes, he can elevate Those guys play. When you're not that level of player, you need guys to elevate your plate. And that's what the great skilled position players around you are able to do.
Speaker 3: Baker Mayfield has been better.
Speaker 2: Since he got the Tampa that even when he was in Cleveland, because he got more talent around him. Sam Donald was never going to be this good and the Jets and at Carolina because he didn't have this level of talent around it.
Speaker 3: And so if you go out and sign a Sam Donald. Look at what you have.
Speaker 2: Do you have the roster that's equipped to help continue to elevate him, because if you don't, he's not Mahomes, he's not Burrough, he's not Lamar, he's not Josh Allen. That's not what he is.
Speaker 3: And I'm not finnh sit here and tell you.
Speaker 2: Because he's having and he's having an outstanding year, I'll give credit what credits do, but I don't look at him as a guy that's a multiplier no matter who you put out there.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, he's gonna make them times too. That's not what that's.
Speaker 2: Lamar's reserved for the top four or five quarterbacks in the league. That's not your one quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 5: Are you elites that regards to what you put around They're gonna get the job done. Oh we get the job done.
Speaker 2: Then if you have then you have.
Speaker 5: Your tier two quarterbacks. Your tier two quarterbacks sometimes they need a little help. Now they're good, but they're not great. Now you put some good receivers around them.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they can have a game where they can have a game or two whether they are great, but more time, you need to have that hedge around them.
Speaker 3: To support them.
Speaker 2: Rock Borers record sitting they pushing the Raiders to a win versus the Saints. The Raiders posted back to back wins for the first time this season with a twenty five to ten victory over the New Orleans Saints. Rookie tight end Rock Buyers led the Raiders in receiving with seven catches seventy seven yards and set several records. Buyers set an NFL record for the most receiving yards by a rookie tight end and a single season, and the most reception by rookie in a single season. Uh, the most reception by rookie in a single season. And oh in the second quarter? Right, is that what you're saying? Okay in the second quarter?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Bowers also set a radied single season record for the most receiving yards by rookie and the most receptions. I mean, what's the record the most reception by Titus Jason Witton one hundred and sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 5: They were did any boy.
Speaker 3: Because he has what what does he happen?
Speaker 2: No? One hundred and eight because I think Malik Neighbors has like one hundred and six. He's right there on it.
Speaker 3: By zach Ertz.
Speaker 2: Okay, zach Ertz has one sixteen rock Bowers has how many? One o eight? Now, so he's nine catches away from breaking the record. Hey, all I know is I'm throwing in the ball. I'm throwing the ball every day, every day. Oh, I forgot passer. Tain gonna get some votes too, because when he covered Jamar Chase had throw on what six seven targets? He had three catches for twenty seven yards A getst certain and when when Certain wasn't on him, what's you called, Joey?
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow hunted, Well, hey, oh you guard somebody else? Get ready? Yeah, so's gonna get some He's gonna get some baths.
Speaker 5: He good man, he good that size to be that big. Yeah, they talked, Hey listen to be that flu great hips, great technique. He can play off, he can play man. He's really good and always in position to make a play, always in position to make a play.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 1: I like him to lie the volume