Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Date Podcast. It's Brooke and Jeffrey of course, the home of the Second Date. And we love when we get a special update update.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if you know, if.
Speaker 1: You're an OG listener, you know what that is already, But if you're new to the show, that's where when we have a successful couple from one of our second.
Speaker 2: Dates come back and how the relationship is going us.
Speaker 3: Just a little tidbit information. They'll go what these couple, we don't know until they hit us up. Yeah, like by the way update.
Speaker 2: Guys, Yes, totally.
Speaker 1: And one of the most memorable from last year was with a professional athlete. He was in a crazy sport only I think jose had heard of before and he has a big announcement he wants to make on the show. So we're gonna let him do that. But how these work is We're going to play you the original when they were first on the show so that you're up to speed, and then we get the update from them at the end.
Speaker 3: Yes, so this is not a replay.
Speaker 2: Yeah you think so? Yeah, Sit back and joy and stay till the end. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: The second If you put something on your dating profile or your dating app, and everybody thinks it's a joke, but it's one hundred percent serious. What are you supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Laugh at yourself a little bit?
Speaker 4: For example, on my JAD date profile, I wrote, my mom made this dating account without my permission because she is that desperate for me to find love.
Speaker 1: After you made the profile, you didn't take that part.
Speaker 2: I thought she did make it for it.
Speaker 4: She did, and then I took it over and I was like, I didn't make this my mom did. The women did not think it was funny.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And one of our listeners, one of our listeners knows exactly what it's like to be misunderstood on the dating apps.
Speaker 3: His name is Mike. So, Mike, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 5: Hey, it did say in.
Speaker 4: Your email that women do not believe what's written on your bio is actually real what's on there?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I put on my profile that I'm a car jitsu expert. What car jitsu.
Speaker 3: Cargitsu not jujitsu?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: See Brook, This is why people get confused. Even just the word doesn't make it.
Speaker 2: What does it mean? You like grapple with automobiles?
Speaker 5: Well, everyone thinks it's a made up term, right, but I do it. It's a real sport. And I think you guys a video clip in my email.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do have the video clip that you said.
Speaker 4: Look, let me take a second to show my co host because they have not seen this yet.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to look?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, Oh I've seen.
Speaker 2: Oh they're doing jiu jitsu inside a car.
Speaker 3: You're fighting in a car, doors closed. Oh my god, we're in the backseat.
Speaker 5: Now, this is how it works, right at the start of the match. Yeah, two people stood in the driver's seat and one in the passengers Okay, okay, So now once a match start, both fighters we just unbuffle ourselves immediately. We just attempt to like get at the other person. We tend to like subdue them in the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is like brooking her husband at makeout point?
Speaker 3: Who the other?
Speaker 2: I mean, spoiler? But I always win? Okay, I mean.
Speaker 1: Is it frustrating that people don't know what this is or are you okay with it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All the girls asking me about it and they get really confused.
Speaker 1: Isn't that why you put it on your profile so you could send them videos of your sexily grappling with men.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, I put it on my profile because they ask you what your job.
Speaker 3: Is, right, and that's my job, jitsu expert.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I travel around internationally for this.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 4: You know, slat boxing is huge in all these other countries right now and people in America, but it's like.
Speaker 3: Literally generating millions of dollars.
Speaker 4: There's lots of strange, unusual sports that people don't know about, and it's good that we have a backup plane for when our careers go down the drains.
Speaker 5: I'm going to do that.
Speaker 2: Pony prancing one where you act like.
Speaker 4: A yeah like that. But how does this get into you and your date that you went on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So pretty much all the girls asked me about it and they get really confused. Yeah, but Catherine, she said she's actually seen it online before.
Speaker 4: Okay, and Catherine is the woman that we're going to be calling today.
Speaker 2: You found the one person.
Speaker 6: That's cool.
Speaker 2: So did she like take a huge interest on your date?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That really helped me break the actual with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, where'd you go?
Speaker 5: We went to a bar and it was going all right, but things started getting a little out of hands when we started drinking.
Speaker 2: In a fun way or a bad way.
Speaker 5: Well, uh, she basically stood up and said, my boyfriend will take anyone on.
Speaker 3: And oh oh, but.
Speaker 2: She called you her boyfriend, So that's cute. Do you like that or do you not like that?
Speaker 5: I loved it?
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow.
Speaker 5: She actually pulled out her phone and showed the videos to a few.
Speaker 3: Table Okay, yeah, that's not horrible.
Speaker 5: But everyone was laughing.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: The move from the front seat to the back seat.
Speaker 3: Was funny with another girl.
Speaker 2: You don't know jiu jitsu. You don't know what's happening rolling around.
Speaker 3: Fighting in a car. They were you offended that there was laughter?
Speaker 5: Well, I get it's kind of different when it looks unusual and a little funny. But I've been training for this for years and I do make a decent amount of money from this, you know, like I'm living from this as well.
Speaker 3: Does it make sense to you?
Speaker 5: That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: So, but I mean, did that ruin your date because it sounds so good, like she called your boyfriend?
Speaker 5: She yeah, but afterwards she realized that maybe she was getting a little bit out of control.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's embarrassed.
Speaker 5: No, well, she kept saying you're mad, and and like, really, I wasn't mad, but I was kind of getting annoying annoyed that she telling me that I was.
Speaker 6: Been there.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm really not. I'm going to be if you keep saying that.
Speaker 2: It really does sound like they're in a relationship.
Speaker 4: And the fact that she was like, look at my man, that's why you don't want to let her go. I understand why you reached out to us. What's happened since that night?
Speaker 5: Pretty much?
Speaker 2: Bro okay, all right? And do you have any idea why.
Speaker 5: She might be embarrassed because she was a bit drunk. But you know, I don't take anything about it, Like I still think she's an amazing girl.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Well maybe you just need a chance to tell her that.
Speaker 5: Well that's why I called. I hope you guys can get her on the line.
Speaker 3: Oh all right? That is that a threat? Because I don't want to make you mad or anything?
Speaker 2: Dude, Do you want to know?
Speaker 3: I hope you I'm mad. He drives to the station.
Speaker 4: He's like, get in, Okay, we're gonna do whatever you say here, Mike.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna come back.
Speaker 4: We'll call Catherine for you and we'll make sure that you get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, don't hurt me. Second date update.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 4: We've heard a lot of people's stories on this show, their professions, their interests, and hobbies.
Speaker 3: This might be one of the strangest.
Speaker 4: Though, because one of our listeners, Mike is a professional car jitsu fighter, Yeah, or a car jitsu wrestler.
Speaker 3: I said, don't know what the exact terminology is. It's like a car artist, yeah, artists whatever. He is. He's a pro at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But somebody who.
Speaker 4: Was familiar with it and was proud of him was his date, Catherine.
Speaker 3: A little too proud.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She was so proud that at the bar she drunkenly stood up and challenged any man there to fight.
Speaker 3: Her boyfriend in car jitsu.
Speaker 4: And that's where the fun kind of ended, because she began to sober up afterwards and started saying, are you mad at me?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 3: I told everybody about that and showed them the videos. Are you mad?
Speaker 4: And he kept saying no, and she kept saying yeah, I can tell you're mad at me.
Speaker 3: You're mad and that didn't go well.
Speaker 4: So now here we are days later, she might be too embarrassed to talk to him again.
Speaker 3: At least that's what Mike thinks. Mike, are you mad at us?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: If we don't get him to.
Speaker 4: Day so, do you have any any final thoughts before we call Catherine?
Speaker 3: Anything else that we should know?
Speaker 5: Look, I really want to see her again. I mean, it's just really rare to find a girl who actually knows about this and who's probably going to be willing to support me through it. You know, she literally with my biggest cheerleader that night.
Speaker 4: I can totally imagine her when you're in the middle of a match or whatever it is, her banging on the window cheering for you of the cardio. Maybe she can get into the profession a little bit too. If this works out, I'm going to dial her right now. Let's see if she picks up.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Hell, Elhi, is this Catherine?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is this hey Catherine. We're a radio show.
Speaker 4: We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're hoping to borrow just a few minutes of your time.
Speaker 3: If that's okay.
Speaker 2: Uh no, did you say no? Yeah, we don't. We don't get no very often, Catherine, Can I ask, Can we ask?
Speaker 4: Why the thing is? We're not calling on behalf of us. We're actually calling on behalf of somebody. You know, a guy named Mike that you went on a date with recently.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, Oh wait does that change things?
Speaker 2: Do you want to talk to us now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, because we don't just call random people for no reason. But this is part of a segment we do called Second Date Update.
Speaker 8: Okay, so we're.
Speaker 3: On a mission. We want to hook you back up with Mike because he told us the story of what happened that night, and.
Speaker 7: God, it sounds like a fun night.
Speaker 1: It was a fun night.
Speaker 8: I have been barren to drug.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 4: He mentioned that you stood up at one point and challenged everybody in the bar to fight him in card jitsu.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I did do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, it sounds like maybe that wasn't the problem. Then with the night, we're trying to help Mike figure out if there was a specific reason that you've been avoiding him or not wanting to see him again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So here's what happened.
Speaker 7: I was embarrassed, and I told my roommate about the situation, but she didn't know what cargeates to us, so I showed her a few videos. Yeah that I absolutely cannot date this.
Speaker 4: Guy whommates has she battled him and lost in a fight. You can't date my mortal enemy.
Speaker 8: No, I mean she made some valid points.
Speaker 7: You know, he's a professional fighter, and so he's going to get hurt and if this turns into something more serious, I'm gonna have to take care of him while he's charged.
Speaker 4: Well, isn't that every woman's dream to take care of a man like a baby child, especially.
Speaker 3: When they're retired at their peak.
Speaker 2: Right, it's so fun to be around, don't you think you're like way jumping the gun?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I mean you are thinking about, yeah, five steps down the.
Speaker 7: Line here jumping the gun. But I'm looking for something more long term, and so I pulling it a bit. I'm like, all right, if we have kids, like I did that whole bit, if we have kids, how long is he going to be doing Carget two?
Speaker 8: For Like, he can't possibly stand.
Speaker 4: The kids in They could start in those little driver cars. No, I could see why you would have some concerns about the future of your guys' relationship. But we're not the people to defend that. The only person that can is Mike himself, and he just happens to be on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: He says, No, that's how this works, Mike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you should you not calling me because your roommate thinks is too dangerous. Come on, look, look, I've trained so hard for this. This is literally what I do every single day. I trained hard not to get hurt. That is literally my main job is not to get hurt.
Speaker 2: Are you hearing that?
Speaker 7: I understand that you're doing fine right now, but maybe in the future. I don't know. If someone wraps the seatbelt around your neck and pull too hard, I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I would never let that happen. Come on, I got this little counter thing that I do with my two thumbs. It works every single time.
Speaker 7: Whoa happen?
Speaker 4: Don't give away your secrets to all the card jitsu listeners.
Speaker 3: Who might be fighting you in the future. You don't want to give it away.
Speaker 1: Yeah a minute, this is like way more violent than I expected it to be.
Speaker 7: Maybe she's say, that's what I'm saying. This is something I have to think about.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, well I never realized she's concerned about your future there, Mike. Is this something that you see doing for like the rest of your life as a way to earn income?
Speaker 3: You say, you make money.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's what she doesn't understand. I do have a backup plan.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your backup plan?
Speaker 5: Boat?
Speaker 2: Would you say?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 5: What boat jitsu?
Speaker 3: Boats? Boat jitsu? You going from car jetsu to boat?
Speaker 5: No, it's it's it's definitely more safe because if you fall, you fall in.
Speaker 3: The water a D.
Speaker 5: Plus on top of that you have to wear like that.
Speaker 2: You know what't boat jujitsu first thing? Safety?
Speaker 8: Okay, kind of like it whipping boat jitsu versus car gets two. I don't think how that's better.
Speaker 4: I do think that we're trying. We're all thinking way too long term here. The whole goal of this call is to just set you guys up on one more date. What do you think, Catherine? It's a date that will pay for if you're up for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if anything, he really likes you, and I think that's really sweet.
Speaker 4: We might even do like a little day cruise, just so that you can give a preview of boat jitsu a boat.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna fight you. The captain.
Speaker 2: Put him on two paddle boards. See what happens.
Speaker 3: So sorry, Cathern're running out of time. We need an answer. What do you think about one more date with Mike?
Speaker 8: Fine, I'll do one more date.
Speaker 3: There we go, Mike, there you go.
Speaker 4: You have exactly three days to change careers and figure out how to support yourself financially.
Speaker 7: Good luck, all right, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I know I'm not the only one who's been wanting to hear from these two again.
Speaker 3: And for sure, finally we've.
Speaker 4: Got Mike and Catherine back on the phone for an update.
Speaker 3: Update.
Speaker 2: We don't even know if they're still thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, let's talk to him. Hey, guys, how's it going? And it sounds like you are still together and unconcussed.
Speaker 8: We are together, but so good.
Speaker 2: What's been crazy?
Speaker 3: Just the fighting you mean, the car jitsu.
Speaker 2: Just fixing his broken nose over yeah.
Speaker 6: Each other. Now, it's kind of crazy because you know, Catherine's been my biggest fan and supporters.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So do you go to like a lot of car jujitsu matches.
Speaker 8: Catherine, I have, I really have.
Speaker 3: She makes the signs and everything. You're like the one in the crowd. Yeah for your man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know. The more we went out, I just found out there's more to life than just tying seatbelts around people's necks so they can't dream.
Speaker 1: There is such deep moments, all right, actually really sweet.
Speaker 2: So you found other interests or what?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's exactly why this Friday is actually.
Speaker 5: Gonna be my final card jets too much? Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, retired, you're giving it up?
Speaker 6: Well, I just I just think our relationship is just too important to risk it anymore.
Speaker 2: Wait, you can't have both.
Speaker 8: I keep crying if it's not getting any younger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want to be choking people out in a subaru and you're like seventies and eighties.
Speaker 2: That makes it better, old, Okay, go at it.
Speaker 3: My grip is weird.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know if they have it, but hopefully, Mike, someday you'll end up in the car Jitsu Hall of Fame and you guys can take your kids to see Daddy's golden seat belt trophy up on the wall and be like, oh, those were the days.
Speaker 1: Do I picture just a Honda Cord parked outside of a Mini.
Speaker 2: Moll the sign propped up next to it.
Speaker 3: That's Hall of Fame on the windshield.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, congratulations.
Speaker 4: We're glad to hear that you two are still together and that you're moving forward with your relationships.
Speaker 3: So cool.
Speaker 8: No, we're really happy.
Speaker 3: Yay our car fighting.
Speaker 4: Well, keep us updated on how your relationship continues to change and what your next endeavor is going to be.
Speaker 5: Mike, awesome, Thank you guys for your hope.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.