Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlance, I'm Jacqueline Novak, And this is.
Speaker 2: Poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive.
Speaker 1: Friends, two untamable intellects. This is our hobby, This is our hell.
Speaker 2: This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog. Today's topics, loosely speaking, daily doesn't rinse your teeth, cribs and costs. It's amazing because laughing, because the grumpyess so the hags know. We've we've almost canceled recording today like twice because it was technical difficulties in hell. And I'm really proud of us forgetting here.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it because I tried it. Why when technology?
Speaker 2: When technology failed? Problem is when it's truly it and not and not you right, and it's insurmountable.
Speaker 1: It just feels like, yeah, it feels it. I mean, there's a lot, there's a lot going on. I just I guess I just wonder on a crime level, why, like the cords, well, just just why what in the evolutionary everything's evolutionary, you know theory, right, but like, okay, which thing is it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I feel like it feels like it must feel like you're early man and the river's flowing backwards or something, or like you're putting your hand in the water and it won't get wet.
Speaker 2: It won't get wet. Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: And you're like, what a nightmare when they're like, you must not be putting your hand in the water.
Speaker 2: No, I am. Well look yeah, I see my hand under the water. Oh my god. Well it's so exciting because since we've recorded, we saw each other physically. Oh my god, unbelivable. And I have well, I yeah, I think I feel when we record a couple of weeks ago, I've like lived like aged. Yeah, so shockingly, we'll have to say I feel like I always have, Like I think I've had, you know, pretty healthy self image. Whatever. Yeah, it happened so fast or suddenly I'm like the face where I was texting you, I was like, I have cortisol face. This is like Instagram consciousness, where like you see a post once and you go cortisol face and it gets locked in there. And the new development just having seen the words and not knowing what it is completely.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you want cordico steroids or whatever, which is.
Speaker 2: Not just about sheer stress I mean, no reason to hold back from saying it because it hasn't been so, I mean, just worse two weeks of my life Alzheimer's hell. Wise finally climbing out, kind of sending all the love to everyone dealing with the fucking hell that it is. Tried to join or I'll then figure it out. But I went to like a like a like a zoom support group this morning. Hated it.
Speaker 1: Or what was it?
Speaker 2: Because it wasn't like like I know everything less everyone and I still want to do it, and I'm going to I'm going to look around. I'm going to find the right group. Yeah, to say I hated it, it's too strong fearing anyone that I know.
Speaker 1: The spirits, You didn't say I hated every single one of them, and I.
Speaker 2: Love everyone that's in there. I just didn't. And it was a very It just wasn't And this this is fine. You go to a field, you find the one that's right. But I was like, well this one, ain't it.
Speaker 1: Just any party you go and I know it doesn't, but like when things are wrong sort of go, or is this the medicine I need?
Speaker 2: Is this the exact group I need? Well, well of course, because that was what I mean. My issue, by the way, I want to be clear, not the people. It's like the organization tactics, which is like, like I just said, it was lawless. Earlier it was lawless, and I need more. I like the thing of like there's a speaker, everyone gets three minutes you're commenting on the whatever, the you know, organization around a theme or around somebody, like the kind of like anyone talk when they want things, and I was the leader. And then again I'm not going to say any revealing details. But of course one person god bless is talking about something has nothing to do with Alzheimer's, like you know what I mean, Like it just gets just naturally. I don't blame anyone, just like the conversation just goes and then suddenly you're talking about, like, you know, someone's ranchers husbands. It's when I'm trying to not say any details. Some what's something that no one said? Someone talking about a rancher's husband that almost sounds more emotional. It's like no someone talking about like which kind of like dish drying, racked to buy it's a little bit and I tried to return it, and I'm like, can we get back on course because I'm drowning and I need the solidarity. Did anyone else now Buddhism IV drip needed directly so many times the last couple of weeks. It's like, okay, the Buddhism like and it does.
Speaker 1: If only I were not attached kind of yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Or just like okay, just have to fully surrender, just walk arms open into the ocean of life. And there is the thing I'll say for anyone dealing with grief, for the sick and the dying, it's like the thing of you have to go into it. Well, it's the Buddhist principle that I do like, which is like avoiding it or avoiding it, trying not to look at it whatever. Is not a fear of death. It's actually a fear of life. Like fear of life is what keeps us from Actually it's like that is what life is, right, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: There is no death here, like not confronting the sick or avoiding the right like they're alive, Like if you're dying, you're alive. Dying is yeah, living.
Speaker 2: Is part of life totally.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, right, I mean it's like, yeah, I think, but yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Or like the change. It's like, particularly with Alzheimer's, there's no it's like utter groundlessness because everything changes and suddenly the most horrible thing can happen, and the thing that was a week ago seems like everything was actually fine a week ago, and then and it only gets worse and you just don't know what's coming. And so it's like looking at it directly is difficult. It difficult as it is. To look at it directly is almost the only medicine. It's the youngion thing that I've said of like realities medicinal but that's really been my like fucking mantra lately because I'm like, yeah, just like the reality that is where like just be in the reality of it, and that actually weirdly provides relief. More anxiety comes from like I can't do it. I don't want to look at it. Oh God, it's like just be in thee away. I hate being in anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just yeah, like I'm always trying to avoid.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I think, I mean, while then plowing forward in other ways, you know, to pick up for the constant instinct to avoid all things.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's well no, I'm like, god, it go yeah, being in the stay, staying in that I have to the course of been like well meditation practice. If I just but that, yeah, that could help. I guess nothing helps really, but just time. I don't know. But yeah, So sorry for the rerun, folks, I simply couldn't get on a record poog due to overwhelming distressed. Oh sorry for the rerun. Yeah yeah, yeah, we're back huge and by the way back. And this is the other thing about grief and death and dying and the waves of it all. It's unlievable. You hit your lowest low a couple of days later you're laughing, right, So I'm like today, I was like, I actually can't wait to record poop today and we have massive, huge poog update that I almost don't well, Jackline, I'll child let you.
Speaker 1: Say it's not I but I want to be clear. I make no stances about my life, like nothing's permanent. But I have spent two and a half weeks or three weeks at this point.
Speaker 2: Whole Food's plant based. Say the word oh, and no oil, say the word vegan. Oh, Jacqueline nova.
Speaker 1: But that's what helps is committed.
Speaker 2: No, I know plant based wholefood. Sure, but the word the scare word, well yeah, the scar again. Sure, sure, but I'm not leading Jacquelin Novac. But I'm excited for everything. This is the window, is the window to health. Yeah, I mean, hey, I mostly plant. I guess I'm more Mediterranean. I don't have any actual restrictions and I'll eat whatever I want, so to speak. But most days of the week I am prime pised and my partners yeah the week, oh yeah, no dairy most days in the week. Yeah, eggs. I do do eggs a lot, right, so I don't do dairy.
Speaker 1: I just look, I'm not coming for your your diet. And I also just.
Speaker 2: But I could literally like I'm so excited us because this is what's fun grains jackeln sending me photos of buckwheat growths and oats and like, I'm just like this is fun. Well yeah, and this and other night opening up to a whole new market vegan pooh, well vegan.
Speaker 1: Well you know what I heard this, So it's more and you like what you will or what me we will? I don't know, okay, I mean I I I don't know. I really just don't know. I am I make no claims, you know, about anything. But yeah, last couple weeks I've been exploring a past.
Speaker 2: Any difference is I'm actually trying to be a nutritarian. Oh see, this is where I get sexy well because nutrients go for the nutrients.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is so it's not I just health. It's not about anything. Okay, Okay, I'm like tired because I was a late and up early and okay, I just give it, like clarify a little bit. So I've gone down a rabbit hole okay, and I've been enlightened to a certain series of you know, documentaries, websites, whatever, where I have a new set of gurus, okay, a new set of names. Doctor Michael Gregor, doctor subscribed yesterday to see from Caldelselstein his son Rip Esselston. Okay, yeah, that's his son. Barbara and Anne I think are the sister and the other. Uh so Caldwell Eseelstein and then T Colin Campbell.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I wrote the China study back in I Forget ninety six or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, huge, look at her with your hibiscus tea. So this is exciting, Jacqueline. So, by the way, I love hibiscus.
Speaker 1: I pronounced it hibiscus. Well, you pronounce it high biscus. Hibiscus, yeahbiscusing. I don't know. I'm just I just feel the need to call out because I feel like I always feel like it's.
Speaker 2: You're probably saying. We just continually pronounce something differently than someone else and not acknowledge it, So I feel aggressive every time I'm like, you, no, the thing I love about hibiscus high biscus, it's definitely it's probably hibiscus. I'm saying it strange.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but so okay, okay, let me wake up.
Speaker 2: She's up.
Speaker 1: I'm getting part of my life. Okay, huge part of my life now.
Speaker 2: Easels.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm back on painters easels.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you were ever on easels. I have my comedy on a massive canvas okay, which I and I sat in front of it on a stool. Okay at one point in my life different points in my life, name like laying shit out, contemplating. But in the artist's posture, do you see it changes everything? Oh, I didn't know this, Jacoline. You used to put your stand up on an easel and sit in front of it on a stool.
Speaker 1: So this is the thing that it fell apart like like quickly, like you know, but at different times I've I do these things like this, right, So.
Speaker 2: Now I'm in a mania. I'm an easel mania day.
Speaker 1: Easel, build my own ease a wall easel Okay, okay, whatever you know, the cheap easel Okay, fuck it, spend it on the easel because the easel is going to pay off in the end. But I am getting back into the stool posture, Okay, sitting upright on a stool and doing creative work and feeling like an artist of another time. Anyway, that's what That's what I yearn for. So whatever that all right, take it back.
Speaker 2: I want to get so much. I know she's learned so much.
Speaker 1: So much has happened in two weeks. So it all begins with doctor Michael Gregor. Okay, in his website Nutrition Facts and doctor Michael Gregor.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I because I now looked him up because of you. He's the he's the guy who's writing these books how not to die, how not to age, how not to diet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I think in two years how not to hurt.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's coming and he specifies that he's not saying, you know how to not die, You're gonna die, but hey, maybe you don't want to die this way.
Speaker 1: Sure this way or this way, you know, with a long chronic illness starting at whatever. You know what I mean, I would love to beat it. By the way, I'm I told you all the stuff I'm going through. Yeah, getting my will in order, death with dignity, California, never leave. I don't know where it's legal.
Speaker 2: Ship. I mean, I know California and Portland ignore in my will. Now. Hey, if I get started to degenerative disease, give me the pills. I beg of you as soon as X y Z I get I have to look into it. I guess you can what you can stipulate, because it's difficult. If people have cognitive decline then they can no longer make those decisions. But I'm looking into it, and it's legally it's kind of tricking if people are scared to do it with people who have cognitive stuff.
Speaker 1: But because what if they what if the neurons refire and wire or something.
Speaker 2: No, I just think it's more that to do it, because to do it you have to talk to the doctor they give you. You get the prescription for the pills. I believe that, you know, take you out and then it's it's very litigious the way they administerate you to say you're going to die.
Speaker 1: There's no doing it for your family member.
Speaker 2: No, you can't do it for right.
Speaker 1: Right, you're saying, what's legal in California is doctor help me?
Speaker 2: What's legal in California is I'm terminally ill x y Z. You have to prove it. Whatever. You get the prescription for the pills, and then you get them, and then they they you have to do this thing of like so where that if you take these you're going to die and you say yes, and then you take them.
Speaker 1: So right, So, if you're if what you're if what you're said about, if what you're the reason you want to go is because of cognitive decline, and you're trying to argue for how cognitively declined you are to this doctor, they're saying, well, therefore, how can I trust you to be making this decision?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, as soon as you get say Alzheimer's, yeah, you know, in time you you have to give away all your legal and medical autonomy to a family member so at that point you're no longer able to then go Okay, no, no, I don't want to you know, live like this or whatever. You have to do it early and do it up front. Yeah. Anyway, sorry, I got off how to Die into Death in Dignity Act in my own not to Die fascination. Yeah, how not to die?
Speaker 1: Right, that's you know exactly it so so so there's like a few guys that I watched like six documentaries in a row, you know, and it's like funny when you're onto a topic and so you just want any.
Speaker 2: Doc on it. Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Like some are better than others, but your consumer mom, you can't tell. And like it's kind of frustrating because like there's some really good moments or useful things in like the bad doc, but I can't send my father to go watch the.
Speaker 2: Bad one, you know what I mean? Like where the guys like.
Speaker 1: Like I was telling you, there was one that was sort of like, you know, this guy going up to like the dairy council, like to like the receptionist off the set of thing, being like you know, sticking a microphone being like how can you let Americans eat dairy when we've proven that it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. Yeah, she's at work for the Christ of God, like the blood's on her hands.
Speaker 1: The reception is so so watch a bunch of docks whatever. But Gregor, Okay, Gregor's like this greg Gregor's whole thing. And I was just thinking, how powerful is it to have a hook?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: He's like, I read every nutritional uh study you know, published each year, so busy folks like you don't have to. Okay, there we go, and then he pulls them all together and he pulls out the insights and he gives it to you. And then guys, the site is not for profit. Yeah, the site has no ads, that's big.
Speaker 2: And his books his books, Yeah, funds go to charity. See this is when you go, oh, that's interesting for him to not profit off of it at all.
Speaker 1: Does yeah, point, he's doing it for his grandmother. I'm not sure what forget sent home to die. Okay, they said they said, you know, your coronary disease so advanced. And then this other doctor Prittican, I think, who's a predecessor of Ornish? Okay, you're gonna make some cards cards Gregor is Gregor is you know not beneath. But you know what I'm saying, Yeah, okay, carrying the torch and and I'm just lasting because the amount of new knowledge in my head, you know, like like yeah, it shocks me how quickly I can take it in through hyper focus, you know what I mean. And so like there are articles I've read on his site like six times because I've arrived at them different ways through different googling things, and I found myself right this Okay, I mean over and over again.
Speaker 2: So there's a forgetting.
Speaker 1: And so he's like, so Pritticken says, you know, she goes to doctor and he says, he puts on a whole foods plant basted on it. Okay, cured live thirty years.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 1: So he does it as a tribute to his grandmother. So so there's a couple of things with him. One okay, so then last time I was watching this other one. This's this other guy. Okay, but we're on YouTube. We're watching show on YouTube on the television. Can you imagine. Yeah, Okay, while I'm cooking up oak roats, I ask I asked christ to find something on the over endorsing endorsing you know, plant based while I'm cooking it up.
Speaker 2: So of course it's one guy's talking and he's like the head of cardiology America or something like.
Speaker 1: Literally, again, this one guy, I forget his name.
Speaker 2: He's new to me.
Speaker 1: He's like being added, and he's like he got in trouble a little bit because of this saucy thing he said.
Speaker 2: And I was like, Jesus, what's it going to be? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But he goes, he goes, there are two kinds of cardiologists, vegans and those who haven't read the data. Oh fuck me, okay.
Speaker 2: Damn okay.
Speaker 1: And by the way, a leading cause of death among cardiologists heart disease. Yeah, I mean, I mean, which which is nothing. I mean, it's also like, I think the leading in America.
Speaker 2: Now like me because you because because again I'm I'm neverous whatever, but you saying to me, you were like, and this is what I wanted, because again I'm not going to read this guy. I need to get the stuff through you. You said something pretty inflammatory, pretty wild saucy about chicken. Because everyone's running around going.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't eat red meat, Get off my chicken. I mean, that's like vintage Okay, Well a couple of things I've read and and you know, poog is a rumor mill.
Speaker 2: To be clear, don't come here for and I want to be clear to to everyone that's listening.
Speaker 1: Also, I remember I will not be held accountable.
Speaker 2: And I'm never gonna not have any you know, I'm I think I'll always I'll be omnivorously.
Speaker 1: Hey I die but daily, right, Yeah, that's why I'm not. That's why I'm not saying, because that's why I wasn't like I'm a van because yeah, that is a like, that is a you know, I'm just at present exploring a particular intation.
Speaker 2: I think it's really good because I'm excited to see you're sending me photos of the wonder by the way, Wonder of an air Fried Chataki's last night moaning in ecstasy, Chataki.
Speaker 1: In the Wonders every night in my wonder Oven. I mean actually, actually this is Michael greg So. I boil my potatoes first, okay, because it's the least starch resist it keeps well. Yeah, so first it keeps like the nutrients. Then you cool them. This is the whole starch thing. When you cool your potatoes and then reheat them. The crystallizing of the starch, whatever that is. It's like a glucose hack. This is where I start.
Speaker 2: To like melt because I go the time, the effort, I'm like boiling it and then cooling it. It makes me want to just shatter every glad.
Speaker 1: But once you're a nutritarian. Yeah, okay, did you make that up?
Speaker 2: I've never heard that. No.
Speaker 1: No, there's this other guy Furman. You may remember his book to Live Now Now, you know, like when the student is ready to teach, her reappears.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing his book at my friends in like like it was her dad's book and in like two thousand or something, okay, two thousand and six, and I flipped through and I'm like he's saying no oil.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, this guy is a joker. Okay.
Speaker 1: I was like, this guy is obviously some ascetic monk, you know what I mean, Like like this is just not this is not I just I wasn't ready for it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Part of it is because I'm not ready for no oil. Well, I know, I mean, you're I keep picturing your violent reaction when I first of all did not try to push it on you.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you of course, okay, but you like it sort of. I have it like because I'm so sensitive.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I have it almost a thing. I have a religious thing with all of huge oil being.
Speaker 1: It's like and I say, huge news again, rum real pool. You can say, I am repeating what I've heard. Now go read this stuff, make your own choices whatever. Okay, I'm just giving you like what has landed. Okay, it's literally has no nutrients, it's empty calories. Okay, but all of it pure fat. And you know, I've been pushing the fat agenda. I've been on this podcast saying and low fat was the I swallowed whole okay, okay, the the propaganda of okay, whatever, it doesn't matter, Okay.
Speaker 2: This inflames the internet. Inflames the internet, these questions about fat. Okay.
Speaker 1: And you've got the bulletproof guy who is absolutely, you know, coconut oil mcts fat the whole thing. You should be in a state of kutosis at all times for the brain function. And then you got the other guys who are like saying, and I feel who are you know saying.
Speaker 2: No coconut oil, you fuck? Okay, no oils at all?
Speaker 1: What about algae oil. What about af a coddle no oils. If it's an oil, it has no fiber, it has it's good in the olive.
Speaker 2: The idea of being removed and the idea that the idea of being that clogs your heart right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean dietary diritarry like basically about fat, like you know, oxidizing in the bloodstream and and fucking with the endothelial.
Speaker 2: Layer of every artery, which is what it's all about.
Speaker 1: So so I actually recorded this for you for fun, just to disturb you. Oh no, okay, no, it's just it's rip Asselston. I mean, I'm sharing this with this sort of excitement because it's fun. I am, I am missus. Do not limit butter fat whatever this is Jacquline, like.
Speaker 2: In the case of in the over the Course of Change, the case study Jacqueline Jacqueline with yeah, by the oh my god, I was gonna side talk with something. I can't hear it.
Speaker 1: We try again because I'm putting it next to the thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, ready, So.
Speaker 3: I said, listens and the candy bars. But they had no idea that extracted plant oils weren't hard, healthy and weren't beneficial, so I said, listen, this epitomizes the triumph of marketing over science. Let's pick an olive oil for a second. It takes one and seventy five dollars that you have to squeeze to death, right to get enough olive oil for one thirty two ounce bottle, And you get rid of all the fiber in the water and the phyto nutrients of the antioxidants in the water, and you're left with one hundred percent fat, the most concentrated source of calories on the planet, and it's fifteen percent saturated fat. And all it's doing is contributing to America's heart disease and obesity epidemic. Okay, but milk, Milk does a body good, right, said guys, Milk does no body any good?
Speaker 2: All right, You've been marketed to death.
Speaker 1: Don't buy the hype.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, this milk is just liquid meat.
Speaker 2: Is what it is.
Speaker 3: It's at the very similar nutritional composition.
Speaker 2: And as a matter of fact, one eight.
Speaker 3: Ounce glass of whole milk has a s amount of stature. There's four slices of bacon.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love bacon. I know, no, no, no, I tried to get no, no, no, And this is why it goes right, ever goes How do you know, everyone, I don't fucking know. I'll just never do one thing. I can't I mean one thing, Like I guess what I mean is I I fully you know, limiting me all that great limiting dairy probably for the best, but don't take away my oil.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: So a week ago, okay, I was saying, I am not ready to like I'm trying to explain that I am saying all this with the fact you're not doing From now, I will say, does everyone understand that? That's what I'm trying to who here? All right, It's it's not a daily okay, it's like I find it fascinating. So a week I'm going, but you can't be serious about olive oil, okay, And I'm going, what the fuck the Mediterranean diet? Okay, isn't that one of the ones that was study and whatever?
Speaker 2: However, apparently what Gregor says is that the father of the Mediterranean diet a guy who's sort of credited with.
Speaker 1: That ansel Keys.
Speaker 2: Okay. Wow.
Speaker 1: He wasn't saying all Will's heart healthy. He was trying to get him off the meat and any way they would eat the veget he could get him eat.
Speaker 2: The vegetables right right, right, So I'll take okay, so whatever whatever right now. So I'm going.
Speaker 1: But but when Gregor lays out the data and the thousands and thousands and.
Speaker 2: Thousands of studies, I guess what we eat a lot of tofu in this house good. Although there is a there is a limit. There is a certain threshold of it that you don't want to cross. Well, I doubt, but you want to make sure you're but you do want it in your diet, like like.
Speaker 1: You definitely want to. It has all these benefits. Tempe is even better. But the things I've.
Speaker 2: Heard are you feeling do you feel difference? No? Yeah, I say, I love that, you know what I mean. Like, but I mean, I'm asking on Jackon because you were very like if I eat grain wherever I crash, I sleep, I can't well. I'm a little like this morning I did eat like I kind of overdid it with the oatmeal, okay, or I should say with my steel cut.
Speaker 1: I love oatmeal, Okay, I did. Steel cut should take a lot longer.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this. Jacqueline Novac having oats I mean it is a new day, unbelievable, okay.
Speaker 1: So, and I mean I did it for you before, Okay, Okay, years ago, I was a queen, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. Sure, but it's been years of notes.
Speaker 1: My current reality, I'm trying to be clear is the following. It really comes down to the core of what I'm doing right now, probably uh doctor Gregor's daily dozen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so walk me through that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me give you the daily dozen.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I am making sure. And there's an app, a free app, okay, okay, call it called whatever, all right?
Speaker 2: So beans three servings a day, a serving serving a cup, a half cup cooked beans, okay, a fourth a cup of hummus, because that's you know, constant and a half cups of beans does nothing, I know, Okay, but you know, Oh, by the way, the bed, I was talking to a friend, Yeah, a hag who's a bean protocol who literally reversed but she again, this is what so debilitating migraines. We used to talk a lot about migraines. The bean protocol. I feel like I've talked about it's a whole bean thing, but also appslutly no sugar apps. We no caffeine. You know, it's tough. Yeah, she changed her life. She's like, I'll do it with us in my life, like literally like ended her migraines. Yeah. Actually on nutrition facts beans, I mean, you start looking things up on nutrition facts dot org.
Speaker 1: Like if I if I just type in migraine, let's just.
Speaker 2: See what comes up.
Speaker 1: Foods that help migraine really blah blah blah, ginger for migraine, lavendar, he does all the whatever. I have to go go in and all right, but I do have to get through the daily, doesn't Yeah. Okay, so half a cook is serving three times a day, I mean three per day. I just think it's probably better eat them at once. But they have benefits. So have you heard about the second meal thing with beans? If you eat beans and meal one, later in meal two, when you go and have a piece of cake for your for your lunch, okay, you have less of a glucose response.
Speaker 2: Yeah that you know literally from beans earlier that day. Okay, I'm cool, all right.
Speaker 1: Berries one serving a day, half a cup fresh or frozen. Other fruits okay, one medium fruit. There's three sorry o fruits three servings a day. So guess who's back on tart Granny Smith apples. Now it's another thing I struggle to control myself around. Okay, but my hope is because of my nutritarian system, I have to get all the things I'm about to read out to you in and it just it takes work to make sure you get all these things in. So he's not like I'm just left with a bag of apples. No, of course, cruciferous vegetables servings one per day. Okay, Broccoli, you you know the ones, but there's some that you might not know. Are that like. And by the way, broccoli sprouts. Guess who's about to start sprouting around broccoli sprout.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about brocoli sprouts because broccoli sprouts. That shit is real.
Speaker 1: And you know, as Gregor says, you know he has fresh produce. He has got a couple of rotations. So he's always got them because they know they just grow every a couple of days. Who's always got and they are like high nutrients. But I'm learning crazy stuff about like chop your broccoli. If you clear broccoli and nutrients, then you add mustard or horse radish and it actually adds back the enzyme that gives you the thing that you remove by cooking it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, that's something like chopping brocoli is supposed to leave it like cut up for like ten minutes and then cook it. Yea something crazy?
Speaker 1: Yes, So like ideally you chop it and like you know, chop it earlier or whatever. But if you and then if you can't do that because a lot of these things, This is why the whole foods thing, It's like a lot of these things involve things like reads is supposed to chew it is because when you chew it, the saliva actually interacts with a thing that causes a certain endsign that causes it to have a certain reaction.
Speaker 2: You know, it's tough news. What you won't be that upset by, I don't think. But yeah, and we knew this to a certain extent. You know, it's not ideal. What don't smoothies? Oh well we knew that, okay, But I mean, but depends on what's in it. Well, just in.
Speaker 1: Terms of getting your fruit. I mean, this is why I wouldn't juice because I was worried about the fiber. But well, juice a juice, celery.
Speaker 2: You can green juice. By the way, I need to shut out the Herr juicer which they sent us, which is humbliele. It's making the most delicious juice I've ever had. It's and it's I'm telling you this, guys. The cleanup is because I had a juicer. Yeah, God bless, here I go Brebo. We know I love my Bambino, but I pay out a pocket for a rebel juicer. God bless it's so loud. It's to other. There's a car in the kitchen screaming and was it a hot motor? Just just yeah whatever, Yeah, I guess so the hurrahm. It's it's sleek. The cleanup is easy. You put it all in like a basket. You press a button and it just starts slowly punching it down. It is really fun.
Speaker 1: So I've been doing daily Celery juice. Yeah, yeah, just because there's that guy who's like the profit of Celery. Yeah, and I haven't even seen much on Gregor's side about that, but I'm sort of still doing it. I was still doing it based on like the rumor.
Speaker 2: I just like doing whatever the fuck green juice with like ginger lemon.
Speaker 1: I just I the more the whole food that there are ways, there are ways that.
Speaker 2: Because you're losing the fiber or whatever. Talking about fruit specifically, right.
Speaker 1: It's TBD. I mean like it's like you know, pulverizing it, right, like always pulverizing vitamin Well, your mouth can't pulverize like a VitaminX can, which is with VitaminX like is like see we're getting access to nutrients, you know, Like I remember these Greensmooe books talking about you need a really strong blender like the vitamins, so it pulverizes the cellular structure, you know. But then over here in these studies were going, oh wait, actually no, you don't want that cellular structure. It's like you know, no, you don't want it broken down. You actually want it to make it all the way down to the you know, large intestine. You know what I'm saying or what it's like. It's a lot of information, but one thing that's it's like never wrong is eating a whole you know what I mean, Like, yes, some things are more whatever when cooked. You know, I'm getting into it and I'm enjoying it. And fruits and vegetables, you know, fun are like my new friends. Okay, I think that's fun learning things about all right, will you please fruits, cruciferous vegetables, such a good dinner last night. Greens okay, greens two servings a day, one cup raw.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Other vegetables e g. Non leafy vegetables, so you get your mushrooms, you know, et cetera. Okay, this is this is this is this is a big one.
Speaker 2: That's easy.
Speaker 1: Flax Seed one serving per day, one tablespoon ground.
Speaker 2: Ground flox seed makes my stomach fucking in the worst pain of my life. I'm like must allergic. Yeah, flox seed meal probably ate more than a tablespoon, but flox seed meal focks my stomach like almost like hospital level pain.
Speaker 1: Wait, but why would you have had more than tablespoon where you're treating it like aching, putting it in goods and not and like a cup of it, like like it like.
Speaker 2: Cloud even not not even that much. But yeah, made the most, We made the most unbelievebly delicious flaxied chocolate banana bread. Moaning doubled over in pain on verge of tears, like in the middle of the night, Oh my god. Yeah, expands in the stomach to the point of.
Speaker 1: The right, like like was there? I wonder you have to try it again?
Speaker 2: How are you downing? How are you fox seed meal in? How are you getting get in?
Speaker 1: So I I have already I finished one canister of nutritional yeast okay, so good, okay, And so I used it. I poured the flax into it. So I shake it onto salads, I shake it onto things.
Speaker 2: Got it? And that's generally how I do it. And I just make sure to try to get to a tablespoon a tablespoon socket.
Speaker 1: Okay, nuts and seeds, one serving a day, a fourth a cup of nuts, nuts, or two tablespoons nut, butter, herbs and spices, you know, turmeric, of course, it's recommended whole grains. Three servings per day. Now a serving is a half a cup of hot cereal, okay, or a slice of bread. I like a big fucking bowl of hot cereal. So that's going to be an issue, you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, like that's where it's going to be, Like it's gonna be hard. I don't want to have a half cup of ooatmeal.
Speaker 2: Can't you have a cup and a half then three servings?
Speaker 1: Sure, but then that's no grain later in the day when you would have a grain bowl with me.
Speaker 2: It's got it.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's like this is where you know, portion control?
Speaker 2: Last night, breaking through extra firm tofu on a box grater, okay, grading it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was graded and I couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: Believable we did. We did sushi rice with the grated like stir fried kind of tofu air fried, chataki, mushrooms, chopped up cucumber, scallions, sesame seeds, Nori got seaweed. Unyeah, believable food. I've actually made a few.
Speaker 1: What did I make? Like an avocado roll? But yeah, I finally got the thing that helps you roll it.
Speaker 2: You know, this is the driest Poog episode ever I was going through. I mean, listen, I'm actually I'm riveted though, because I want the full daily dozen. I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: So I've questioned my life like a lot during this episode, Like I am like, but again, there's a larger performance that po of Poog. There's a larger performance art I insist, do you understand?
Speaker 2: Well, well, I want to say that I went to that I was having a fet beverages five a day. You get mad when I left the list, So I want to go back. Okay, you hated my easels, all right, So no, I didn't. So beverages five helpful beverages a day. This is where we get into water, green tea and biscus tea. Now, he pulled all this research and he decided to line up all of the anti accidents of all the different things because he was pushing green tea for years. Okay, based on the studies. Holy shit, hibiscus was through the roof. How are you doing it? Okay, how do you compare it?
Speaker 1: So right now, I don't have any special strainer or anything. But of course got so determined on this that I already sent my parents the strainer, you know what I mean, like so they could get on it.
Speaker 2: I don't like leave people in the dust.
Speaker 1: So Mason jar Okay, I throw in the hibiscus flowers dried. Yeah, throw them in like the equivalent of what I imagine, like four tea bags is or whatever. Fill it with water, boiling, screw the cap back on, throwing the fridge cold.
Speaker 2: No cold brew overnight. Wait in the way, it's not boiling. You just don't have to. You can cold brew hibiscus.
Speaker 1: Oh, next morning, Okay, I pull it out and right now I just have a little strainer and I just pour it into a new into the other jar. Now, you don't want to drink more than a court a day, A big like a like a I guess thirty two ounces because of the manganese content, okay, which you want, but anyway, you want to liminate it for the cup. You don't want to drink gallons I mean, I mean, sorry, at a court, okay.
Speaker 2: And how much is the court? How many cups is the court? I'm pretty sure it's let me shry. I think it's thirty two ounces. Hold on, well, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so like a big Mason jar, just like a normal Ariwon soup mason jar.
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it?
Speaker 1: It's no more than a full Mason jar. Yeah of course. Okay, but spread it out through the day and rinse your teeth after okay, and try not to drink it three hours before until three hours before you brush your teeth because.
Speaker 2: Got it, it's acidic. Got it? Oh? God? Full time job here, full job, you know.
Speaker 1: I've also started working in the kitchen, okay, which has been huge. It's part of sort of the stool culture for me, okay, which is and I'm going to get a little thing there kind of in the kitchen. My oats are cooking, and my laptop is resting on this great I have going across the sink. Water is flying over the laptop. I don't care, you know what I mean, because you're there, yeah, cooking in there, and I don't know something about it.
Speaker 2: It's like really working. I completely believe it. I had I had a food melt down. I was in Vancouver very briefly, and it was a thing of like wanting me being invigorated by your veganism, that me getting excited suddenly.
Speaker 1: Feeling you calling veganism is going to be a continued issue Piccadillo for why. But it is vegan, it happens to be vegan.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, if it's okay, there's a consciousness shift to say, because first of all, hear what you're saying. What do you what do you prefer whole foods, plant based?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's here, that's what you got to google to get to the real information that we want.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, not just because vegan, you could be on a trash diet, like not even just because of that, but also because I do think veganism, like as a ism is a thing that people like you know, are doing with a.
Speaker 2: You don't care about the animals. Yeah, well it's no, I mean I'm it's not that like I'm thrilled.
Speaker 1: Of course, I feel like look boo the cat and the eye, you know what i mean. Like I feel like like but I ate meat for for years and and just blocked it out right, So it's like, you know what I'm saying. It's it's like a It's like I'm trying out like, am I trying out something? Am I trying out non violence?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? So anyway, I just wofully, my base is what's gotten me and like hopefully all and yes, like well I love docs.
Speaker 1: The environmental I mean it'll fuck you up, of course.
Speaker 2: You know I'm excited for you to come over and for us to make a gorgeous plant based cornucopia went to Vancouver. I'll just say, oh yeah, woke up. I was like, I want juice right door dashed delivered. You know, it's like turmeric juice, Okay, two shots a protein like kind of like an Osie situation. Right, I'm posting on fucking Instagram. What came. I was devastating. I texted you so upset. Took one bite. It was literally I'm like, have you blended the osie with liquid cane sugar? It was inedibly sweet, in edible, and it looked I mean, I don't think it was maple syrup. I sent you this photo.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's nothing about the photo that if you told me that was delicious and made of the like, there's nothing offensive on that photoka.
Speaker 2: I mean, but the turmerk juice take out so much honey and it was a glass of honey. I was devastated. And then I door dashed Starbucks And what did you get from them? You're not gonna like egg bites? I like it. I don't judge the other food you see. This is what you're forcing Vegas. Okay, okay, but and I don't. But in an emergency, you know, in an emergency, the Starbucks egg bites, I texted, I would eat.
Speaker 1: I love the Starbucks bite God, I mean, like in a pits the.
Speaker 2: Fucking spot, Yeah, yeah, hits. The spot was on the plane yesterday. I sat on the plane for a for an hour. Co pilot's stuck in traffic. Is that interesting? No, yeah, co pilot's stuck in traffic. So you're stuck at the gate. Oh yeah, on the plane, he's not. He's no, that's the gate. They didn't they weren't taxiing. Yeah, the guy's not even exactly And I was just sitting there.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 2: Guy next to me. It was insane. How do you feel about this guy next to me? Older gentleman, maybe sixty maybe under. About thirty minutes in starts hacking. He's wearing a surgical mask, which we know doesn't really do shit. He's hacking, coughing, taking off the mask to blow his nose, and I go, well, here we go. I'm wearing a mask. But I'm like, could it be that it's just he literally knows he has COVID or is it he's actively sick, not sure what it is or is it? Because if I were displaying symptoms like that sitting on a plane, I was, and I knew and it wasn't COVID, it was just residial whatever. Would literally turned to the person and go, by the way like, I'm not sick, Like I've just had this, you know, for weeks. But the fact that he didn't do. That made me go, this motherfucker has COVID.
Speaker 1: That's a very specific personality style. That what the hacking. No, no, the hacking juice. To be clear, it's not COVID. Okay, there's different versions with this personality. No, but I turned to the person it's COVID. This one makes me thinks that he knows it's COVID, and he goes, well, I'm traveling with a mask.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 2: I was like inching kind of away from him, like I just was like, I'm gonna kill myself this motherfucker. Like, by the way, he's taking off his mask to eat chicken pacata, My mask stayed on. Thank you took it off. Of course that because I was dying of hunger. I had to eat a bar drink some water. But he said, oh, can I get up to use the He's like, oh, do you mind if I get to use the restroom? And I've said sure, and he goes, thank you so much, I'm so sorry. He starts apologizing this way. I go, you're apologizing forgiving me COVID right now, motherfucker. Like the way that he was so effusively like I'm so sorry. I was like it's fine, no, no getting up to let you go to the bathroom. That is fine.
Speaker 1: This is fascinating. I wonder this I just I just can't say unless.
Speaker 2: I'm so excessively polite. And he was like to the flight attendant, he was doing a whole like, well, would it be possible to get ice? You know, I'm like, what are you doing right now? Guilt? Wait?
Speaker 1: He was blowing it was is it possible to cough? Was chronic or he was blowing his nose like it was an active like couldn't he be a god?
Speaker 2: Could it be a chronic coughing Jacqueline coughing a lot coughs can be like yeah, this shoe like I mean, like he gets blowing issues like he could be like on the way out. In my case, he was on his way out, but he was hacking, coughing, blowing his nose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the blowing his nose makes it sound like e's actively fighting something off.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we'll find out. Do I go visit my elderly parents say, as I was planning, you know, this is like this is what we These are the the questions.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you could empower yourself to be like.
Speaker 2: Is it COVID? I was almost considering like, hey, motherfucker, just tell me right now is it? Because I know I should have done.
Speaker 1: That, because I mean, you could also lure him in with the you're not gonna get in trouble ruse, But like you know, just like just like, listen, I don't give a shit is it COVID? Like or just like like I don't blame you, but like let me know is a COVID?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And then if he's like it is, you could be like then you can start being like talking to the the flight attendant saying like can I get moved or something?
Speaker 2: Get moved? Way, like do whatever you gotta do to get the information, to pull the information out of him. Oh god.
Speaker 1: But I also don't think there's a reason for you to assume. Could you should start you should start asking?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, well because people, as we know, people do have COVID in there, and they're you know, they're out there running around knowing it. Really That's why I was like, this fucking cocksucker has COVID hacking it up? Were you in business class?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Again it was a job, no, I know, so that they flew you they flew me first. First, it was shitty first. But yeah, oh it was old school first. Ash tray ash, yeah, tray first. So it's just it's a bigger seat. Yeah, whatever, no point in dwelling on it. Here's a here's a fun little I'll wrap us up with this. So I'm staying at hotel, you know, in for a job. Nice hotel. In the morning, I'm leaving and I asked to get my room made up because truly, because I I had order did so much takeout. So coming home.
Speaker 1: That nack of takeout in a bag, trash sitting on top, resting atop a tiny hotel sized trash coffee table.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my life, Yeah totally, I know. Okay, go on, So the room made up. I come back. It'd be eleven thirty that night. Can walk in, walk in. Oh, you know, it's a big room. It was like like a living room area. I'm like, wow, they made it up. It's great. I have like nothing with me. It's two nights. I have a tiny bag, very sparse. I turn the corner into the bedroom. Next to the bed, perfectly made up, is a baby crib. Did you were you frightened? For a second? I was frightened. I mean howling laughing. No, well it was I was howling laughing because it was eerie. And I'm going to post the photo because it's like it was.
Speaker 1: Your photo was very The crib is like Sanda is the presence of the crib.
Speaker 2: It's so funny and also just like a business woman like them, like oh yeah, they're like this woman hardened by work coming home and then put the whore and on the tenth floor. It's put a crib neck. It's I mean, it's so fun to mock you to say what about your family that you've left home? Or yeah, baby and a baby crib? And I was like, you.
Speaker 1: Have an empty crib in your life.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what image by the way you could trigger someone to hell with that. Yeah, I was like, that could be the most upsetting thing that someone could.
Speaker 1: I want to here's what I'm back to.
Speaker 2: You want to review this, okay, I want to review this.
Speaker 1: I want you to call I'll pick up you say you want to get the room made up and just do it as you would have done it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I want to see if there's something they could have heard that they might have interpreted and missed her.
Speaker 2: By the way, I didn't call. I put the please make up the room thing on, and then on my way out, I said hi. Because I was even kind of late, I was like, what are the gospels? To get my room made up? That's all I said. I say that was words room made up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if possible to get my room made.
Speaker 2: Up, crib up, put the crib in the room up. Yeah. No, And I have a baby, so maybe get a let's get a crib in there for the baby, thank you? Like, there's no way. So I it was late and I was tired, and I was like, I don't need it to go away. But I was like, but I should call because what if somebody's like worries my fucking crib. So I called the front desk and I was like, Hi, I just came back and there's a crib next. And by the way, I want to be clear, this crib means they assembled it in the room. It's like a big crib. Yeah, it's not like a basinette. It's a fucking crib. Like, I don't think it would have fit inside the door. Maybe, well, how did they get it out? Then we'll know they answer that question. Well, I don't know. I left to check out. The next morning.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh, they didn't come and get it.
Speaker 2: No. I said that next year she was like, I'm sorry, I could have someone come get it. I was like, it was like, no, it's I'm so tired. I don't want to, you know. I was like, no, no, no, it's no problem. I just wanted to make sure someone else wasn't waiting on a crib. And she was like, oh, it must be some error. No, it's fine. We can take it out in the morning. I said, okay, So I slept next to the empty crib. Incredible. It's kind of interesting. I think I didn't. I made a point not to touch it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that was smart, almost.
Speaker 2: Like in a superstition. I was like, and on so many different levels, I think that was smart. Yeah, I mean been a very object I might have been like a very charged.
Speaker 1: First of all, you're begging, you know, I mean, it's a it's like a horror movie, you know, premise where you go it's fine, and it's like, but you haven't thought of all the reasons it's not fine. And I could come up with two cursed no. No, I think I thought I had woken up with a demon in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought it was kind of playful. I thought it was kind of cool. I was like, oh, away, you do these these whole signs to me. But it was like, what was it, what did it mean? It was very Harsham have a baby. Yeah, I guess, oh my god, kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: I just also think, like I inherently picture it as like a germ. I just don't really anything that isn't you know whatever hotels are disgusting, But then anything that's sort of like the rogue items like the cots and of course Jesus, you know a humidifier, you know, like that. Apparently it's the thing you can ask for a hotel.
Speaker 2: It's like clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cots and cribs and the storage unit that those are in the closet. Those are coming up from just picturing fluorescent light, almost worse than if they were held in the dark closet. There's like a room that's fluorescent all night long, and there's like a crib there and six cots and another crib. There's something disappointing in a business when you see that their businesses run on stuff you can buy at the store. Like under the sink you see the Clorox wipes and you're just like, like in I don't know, in a in the office, in the hotel, like in the office, like in a in a site, like in the lunch room in a hotel. Do you know what I'm saying. It'd be like you see windex or something like someone carrying windecks, Like it almost seems like everything should be like, oh, they ran out for some windecks, Like everything should be coming down through the hotels, like branding or.
Speaker 2: Something like you want to you want to see wind decks with.
Speaker 1: The Hilton logo, Like I'm like, decan't into Hilton spritzer car. There's just I think it breaks a little bit of the mystery I don't have. These are not none of these are the perfect example, but I know one's out there.
Speaker 2: If you were me, would you go see your parents? Like having been to the hacking man, I don't know what to do truly. Yesterday had a mask on, yeah, but I mean I took it off to drink water. I mean it wasn't of his. Oh yeah, he's having fucking chicken pocados. Bitch.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I mean, when did.
Speaker 2: You guess there was some crossover. Yeah, not a lot, but there was definitely crossover.
Speaker 1: I mean, how long is the fucking incubation two days?
Speaker 2: What isn't the newer strains it's like fast, right, It's like, oh fuck.
Speaker 1: Me, I don't know, man, I mean, I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I Mean.
Speaker 1: The other thing though, is like everyone you're you're also going to your I mean you are going to your parents after you go out to dinner with me.
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's that's what I'm saying. I'm I'm I'm not living life exactly. No, I'm not at all.
Speaker 1: Kind of doesn't seem like I know, I know, it kind of doesn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I kind of My mom had COVID a few weeks ago, no symptoms. Oh really, so that's good. But my dad still hasn't had it. But yeah, no, I'm not living like a hermetically sealed He's you know, he's seeing, he's getting visitors and stuff. People are traveling down Like oh really, yeah, all right, I'll just go.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess it's like if if he got it, I don't know, and could you live with that risk? Could you know having taken that risk?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I guess in the future. I'm just I'm gonna ask someone, here's it COVID because I have to adjust my plans. Then, you bitch, do you know if it's COVID, because they could have spontaneously, they could be Well, I haven't tested. I don't know. Yeah, do you know if it's COVID.
Speaker 1: It's almost I just want to make it as okay as possible for them to admit the truth. I'm trying to forget what that is. Right, So you like COVID, You're like, I get it. I just need ton't now. Yeah, I'll get it. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well daily dozen, I'm gonna go have a brazil nut. I'm starving. I actually i'm starving. Let me make my The groats are being out. We're just finishing up downstairs. I got groats, I got I got steel cut. Oh it's going. My groats are borrowing to be clear. And yeah, I'll send you some pics, send me some pics. All right, back at it, back on the studio. Bye bye. That was food. If you enjoyed poop, please subscribe rate and review. If not, we will press charges. Poop is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players.
Speaker 1: And iHeartRadio podcasts.
Speaker 2: Created and hosted by Kate Berlin and Jacqueline Novak. Executive produced by Libra Smith.
Speaker 1: Edited mixed by Ali Graham, Music.
Speaker 2: By Theta Hamil, artwork by Robert Baty.
Speaker 1: Follow Poog on Instagram at Poog podcast, or on TikTok at this is Poog.