Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen Carroll with Lizzie Burden, and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News out of Luise Moon for more Louise. Let's start then with European defense stocks on the slide today.
Speaker 1: What's the latest, indeed sliding across Europe? And this is on the back of news overnight of Trump saying he's going to meet Putin again, so that's for the second time, and he says this could come within two weeks or so, so expecting that meeting to happen. They had a phone call yesterday and agreed to meet in Budapest. So details surrounding that are still to be confirmed, but that is expected. And of course this is to talk about ending the war in Ukraine. There's some optimism that could result in a ceasfire. And on top of that, Trump is also meeting Zelenski in the White House this evening, Friday evening, so this is impacting defense stocks across the continent, and obviously they've been rallying as governments have increased spending on defense over the past year longer. But today they're falling on this news. So Rymetel down over five percent, BA Systems down over three percent, but rallying, really falling really across Europe on the back of this news.
Speaker 2: I need some good news, Louise. I'm looking at BBVA shares up more than five percent.
Speaker 3: Why is that when they've just failed on their Sabadel bit.
Speaker 1: Well, indeed, it's a bit of a mixed one. So their nineteen billion dollar bid for Savadel failed. As you say, shareholders rejected that Sabadel shares are falling, but BBVA is rising. Essentially, analysts is saying it's a bit of a relief. It ends uncertainty, uncertainty, so it's a blow to the bank in terms of, you know, they wanted to buy Sabadel, but that these are some positives that it brings end and end to this uncertainty. This has been going on for over a year and they're unless is saying that they now expect BBVA to kind of focus on their own strategy, so it's sharpening of that focus. Executing their own goals, and we had an interview with the BBVA chairman this morning on on Bloomberg TV saying we close this chapter and we move on. So it's a bit of a relief BBVA can focus on itself and that's boosting their shares this morning despite that failed bid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indeed up over five percent of Madrids Habadel down almost eight percent. There, let's go to Pierson next. In the UK, the Education Services Company. Investors seem pleased with what they've heard from them.
Speaker 1: Indeed, their gains are leading the foot see hundred this morning. This is after their third quarter results which came in quite strong. But the main thing that's being focused on is they're reaffirming their guidance for the year and saying that's going to be weighted towards the fourth quarters. There had been some worries cited over the past week or so that they really needed a fourth quarter boost to be able to hit their four year goals. So this is kind of alleviating those concerns. They're saying that that will happen, and so that's boosting their share price this morning. As I say, leading the foot seat one hundred, digging into their results this morning. High education unit is slightly weaker, but a lot of the growth elsewhere and a lot of that is coming from AI, which is obviously you boosting a lot of sectors at the moment, so helping Pearson and going to hit their vehicles.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.