Speaker 1: Hey friends, it's me Devin Simone and I'm Davon.
Speaker 2: Rogers and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast and we.
Speaker 1: Are cast cast cast cast cast. Hey sorry, I've always wanted to do that. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Us and all of our echoes are here and we are excited for this latest episode of the Challenge. Oh, we're here, We're here. It's almost over. Okay, it is almost over. And we lost our girl Carra today.
Speaker 1: Oh this was It was a beautiful episode, but it was also like a gut wrenching episode. It was a lot. First of all, TJ looked great in the gray shirt. I liked it. I like him with his hair, sleep back like that. Props to you, TJ. It was amazing. Now we see them at this fortress and Carra said, look, I do well with castles, So I got this which love that energy? Yes, Karah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They have to transfer these bricks and then after they've done forty bricks, they can take over ten poles wooden poles, and then they have to construct a puzzle. It just seems like a lot people are talking about how their skins falling off, and you see all those scars, and yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Couldn't have been me, I'm dropping, it would have been real mad.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, TJ my skin. You don't know.
Speaker 3: Logan took this choclate to get the gluffman to mess it up.
Speaker 1: That's totally not but yeah, it looked.
Speaker 2: It looked absolutely exhausting, like so exhausting. And then my boy, Kyland, my boy Kyland, like Kyland, we were here, we had the final, and I feel like lately he just kind of been fumbling and I'm like, come on, I need you to get in, lock it in because we are here.
Speaker 3: This is what you've been working hard for, this is what you wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Maybe they got into his head. Do you think remember how you were mad because you said they were trying to warran h. They were like getting into his head talking about how the finals crazy and scary.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a mean he was dusting them with the endurance of like collecting the pieces.
Speaker 3: Kyla was dusting everybody, Jordan included.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to because you don't have to think to run right or something. I mean not no, I just mean, like you know what I mean, you can just like run.
Speaker 3: And so Kylin is a good thinker though like he is.
Speaker 1: But then maybe he got in his thoughts I need to make this puzzle so I can make it to the final. Oh my gosh, I'm gonna make it to the final. Oh my gosh, they're gonna kill me. What am I doing? You know? Like it's all the thoughts I don't really know, but yeah, Kylon is like Klein's gonna need to get it together for this final for sure. Also, I loved how optimistic Bananas was about smoking them, him being like, what if I'm the last one to bring over my pieces in the first one to solve the puzzle. Yeah, that didn't happen, but I appreciated the optimism Jordan and Jordan talk about the level of Oh my god. He literally motioned to tj of Whind to blow the horn like he literally was like, and I'm gonna put this piece here and boop just killed it. Jordan killed it.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where to place him. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. Moore, y'all need to watch more movies or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: I don't even I don't know where to place Jordan.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 3: He just I don't know where to place him.
Speaker 1: He's one of the greatest of all time. I think he's earned whatever happens in this season, and we still don't know. But my like and I know, like sure Bananas has more CT but they've been around for so much longer. Like like Jordan, I think Jordan's one of the greates of all time. And what's interesting is Banana's being having one of the greatest records of all time. When we look at his social game, some might like, I just feel like that's had such a huge impact, right whereas I think, wait, why are you making that face? He's making it.
Speaker 2: Because his social media was trash this season. Oh yeah, gosh, Johnny, what are we doing? It was trash this season, and you know at the end he or was.
Speaker 1: It because he got to the end and he got there with his most of his angels in test That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And even with that, you know, people are like, oh, you know, he got his that was help me because I'm drowning.
Speaker 3: Help me people, it was.
Speaker 1: But but we saw him and I think he did it more than once, and I have to give him six props for that is we saw him, I think both on this episode and I think the last episode or the second to last episode, tell Rachel and tell the girls. Look, at this point, we've gotten so far. If you need to make moves to help your game, and it was sort of implied that if you need to make moves that aren't in my favor, but like help your game at this point, I want you to make it to the end. And he was even saying that in his talking head interview. And I don't think that can be overlooked because I like, I think that is in a level of integrity that not all players see and have. And to me, that says he does genuinely care about Johnny's angels, and I respect it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's like, let's save me, you and Kara mm hm, you know, and nothing against Kara, but we've just got that cool right.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna tell Kara, hey, if.
Speaker 2: You feel like that's something you might need to do, but you I would tell that too. I'm saying, in a sense, he had to get to a point where he felt like I can say this because I feel like you're not gonna do it. I don't feel like you're gonna do it, But let me just go ahead and put this on the table.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe I'm secure in the fact that you will decline this offer. I'm caared enough to say that. And that's how I took it.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, Okay, that's an interesting take. I agree him popping off at everybody. I mean it made for a great season, Like me, Oh yeah, it was t entertaining, but it was it was. It was just a lot of tension. But I love seeing all the fun that we got to see toward the latter half of the dances, the parties, the birthdays, all of that was like really fun and lovely to see. And in case you guys are trying to keep track, just warning you, this episode is all over the place, but in a fun way. So uh, Jordan took home the win for the dudes, did it so gracefully. And this week's Daily and Jenny took home the win for the gals and did it made it look so easily, while Rach took second place and then followed by Kara, I think cars.
Speaker 3: Car well for her to have that time car, I killed it.
Speaker 1: Calara killed it with that time penalty, Like that's she did an exceptional job. And then unfortunately Tory came in last place and Derek came in last place, which for Derek just means he's gonna have a time penalty in the final. Way the final, I'm curious to see how that's gonna play out.
Speaker 3: Terrifying and then we see tour.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, which would you rather? And this is for you two listeners. You can DMS and less know. Would you rather be Derek, know you're going into the final, but have a big penalty going in, or would you rather be Torri You're going into an elimination, but if you come out on that elimination, you don't have a penalty going into the final.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I think either way either way, because I trust myself an elimination, so I'm not I would rather an elimination.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want no time penalty in the eye.
Speaker 2: So put me go ahead, put me in an elimination, let me fight for my life, and then let me go on into this final. Yeah, fully prepared and you know, with same level playing field as everybody else.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, o, Dearren, Yeah, because it would probably be pretty defeating feeling time penalty now me back in the day, I'd probably be like Big TV may not get first anyway, so go ahead and tack on this exture three minutes. I forgot how much time I was behind everybody else. Anyway, it was a while, Hey third, thank you, but just maybe four hours behind. But regardless, we finished okay both times. So yeah, I because you just never know what that elimination is gonna be. Like, I feel like those last minute eliminations are always anyone's like anything's anyone's game, but man, I feel like the ones right before the final are really really anyone's game. And that's exactly what we saw here. So we get to the chamber, Jordan ultimately picks Kara, and it came down to a handshake. This is why you should wash your hands and why you should shake hands.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, both one little extra step, one.
Speaker 1: Little conversation they had and boom, and I respect Jordan's so much for being a person of his word. I love. We've said it before. I like gameplay like that. I think you can be a winner. I guess that's what I was trying to point out about the bananas thing, or just like the social game plays like I do think you can be a winner and stick by your word, right, or like make sort of game moves with a certain level of integrity, And so that's essentially what Jordan did here. Kara handled it like a champ, though, and then we end up seeing this elimination, which has got to be Tori has described it as the most grueling elimination she's ever been a part of. It's one of the most twisted eliminations I think we've ever seen.
Speaker 3: At first, I was mad. I was like, what is this? Like they gotta tread what is this?
Speaker 2: And then as I watched it, I was like, oh, I would have lost.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, treading water until I do like like treading I no, no, I'm just saying. And then they're getting bitten. And then there's snakes in there. It's nighttime, no, and.
Speaker 3: You know how dark the ocean is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you got me in the middle of the sea somewhere Nope, literally nope. So yeah, and you got that rickety button. All of it, all of it is just the s sinister s hot as mess. Keep it, yeah, keep it, TJ. You sleep in it because I literally ain't.
Speaker 3: No way any way.
Speaker 2: And even like in the in the preview of the next episode.
Speaker 3: As they're going into the final, they look miserable.
Speaker 1: They probably caught cholera and everything else on that boat. They dug up the Titanic for the final, Do you guys not understand? And then put these people on it? What is happening? Sleep is on zero there It just looks rusty, like I none of no, absolutely not. We have a brutal elimination. Ultimately Tory comes out on top, but Kara put in one hell of a fight and didn't quit a valiant effort, and then we see a beautiful moment between Kara and Tory at the end. Who gets your time out of the week?
Speaker 2: So I'm actually gonna copy you from last I don't have a timeout this I don't have a time out this week. That probably we will say Johnny for the getting the episode kying of woe is Me?
Speaker 3: Woe is Me?
Speaker 2: But not even that, because I really genuinely think he believes that.
Speaker 1: So I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't knock that, So I don't. I don't have a time out this week.
Speaker 2: Like everyone is here, everyone is playing, everyone is giving it there all.
Speaker 3: Are they exhausted?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Are they lacking in certain areas because they're exhausted. Sure, but I'm excited for this final group of people, Like I have no time out this week?
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 1: Whoever chose that boat that is getting they're getting my time out. I agree with the cast. I think they owe every single one of them. I think anyone who makes it to a final deserves to be there. I hate when people do that for it, like you made it, so you deserve to be there. But I have so much respect for every individual on this cast in different ways, and so I'm happy for them, excited for them, nervous for them. That damn boat. I just I don't yeah, not even I can't. I mean, okay, look if we zoom out, is it entertaining? Yes? Is it interesting? Yes? Am I gonna watch? Absolutely? But just how awful? Like put that warship back? No, and then you're gonna call it the sinister as if it wasn't bad. Now they're just playing in everyone's face. Not so they get a time out. But it's hard, I know it's and to make that rickety noise, it's gonna be hard. You know, there's not comfortable mattresses on there, there's no temper pedic there's no mattress firm. It's all of it. No who oh, I'm gonna tell who gets my gold star?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I got a couple go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 1: Here we go. So I think they all did. It was a great season or like a great episode. Everyone was lovely.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Honorable mintion would be Jordan and the way he ace that. But and Kara is an honorable mintion in the way that she still didn't end up last with that three minute penalty, because that three minutes are significant. But I'd have to say that my gold star is between Kara and Tory and where their relationship has ended up, and how Michelle's also an oliverle mantion for making it to the final everyon's Aliver manch. But really just that I think that was such a beautiful moment, for the fact that they've been been pitted against one another for so long and they both put up a valiant effort, and then when Tory won, she could have been like, give me on this water, I'm done for her to even take whatever ounce of energy left and swim over to Kara and be like, I want you to know I am so proud of you. Why is it making met her up. What is wrong with me?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 1: It was just it was really beautiful to see and I think they show. Yes, it's drama and its competition, but at its core, there are these magical moments of beauty that like viewers, that fans, that we get to see that really hopefully plan to see of like goodness in our everyday lives. And we got to see that two exceptional competitors being sportsmen like and then Carr getting out of the water saying, look, I genuinely hope for the best for Tory, like I'm excited for her. I just love it all. So those girls get My gold Star hands down. What about you day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, being kind is literally free ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Off you nothing right, So yeah, it was really good to watch that.
Speaker 3: So I'm giving everybody, the.
Speaker 2: Entire cast pieces of my gold Star.
Speaker 3: Howd the core of my Star.
Speaker 2: And I understand that she'd have been a little sloppy lately and that's okay, and that's okay, but the core of my Star, I have to give it to Rachel and I have to give it to her because my girl has been playing a solo game for the longest I mean the longest and she's been holding down Era one like by her self, and so to navigate through the game the way she has, choosing to be with this alliance, also making deals with Jordan over here, who is not attached with Johnny but still making agreements with Toy and making agreements with like she the girl has been working.
Speaker 3: Do you understand me?
Speaker 2: The woman has been putting in the work, so to go through that as the lone ranger and make it all the way to the final Rachel yep, ma'am yep, I tip my hats I don't own right now, but when I put one on, I'm gonna tip it to you. Because girl, so yes, I have to give the core of my goal star to Rachel.
Speaker 1: She doing that, agreed, absolutely agreed. It is going to be such an epic finale to watch. I can't even like, I can't wait because I don't want it to end. But then I can't wait because I want to see what happens. Yeah, exceptional. I want to see how those karma.
Speaker 2: Points play out, because in the preview we see Johnny a little pissed off, right, like, so.
Speaker 3: How heavy isn't heavy?
Speaker 1: Johnny said, I might as well jump off this boat. Right now, which to me says, you know then that you're pissing people off, are not getting right by people that you know that. But I am intrigued to see how that plays out to I have a feeling this is going to have one hell of a twist, this ending, and it's going to be so fascinating. Something else that's going to be fascinating is our interview today. Yes, folks, you read that right, if you read the description of this week's episode, we have the one, the only car Maria here today to talk about the season, to talk about everything that's going on, her growth, what we should be keeping an eye out for, a little bit of her personal life, all the things. So grab a snack, do some stretches, wash your hands, and shake some hands because you know, like in Rachel's worlds, it can make a big difference. And don't go anywhere because we have a fabulous interview with car Maria coming up right after this. Come one, come all, It is that time we have arguably the star of the season, or certainly one of the stars of the season. Please give it up for fan favorite car Maria. Hello, oh Tara, Hi.
Speaker 4: Ladies, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the pod.
Speaker 1: Welcome We debated doing this in this see with some plankton and no we did. No, we did seaweed, but we decided, after all the hard work you put in that we would just do it on Land.
Speaker 4: Oh you guys are so grand.
Speaker 1: Wow. Car Okay, First of all, how do you feel watching the episode back? How do you feel about the season overall?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm really proud of this season, to be honest. I said it a few times on this episode, but you know, coming from All Stars, coming from a huge break, you know, I hadn't competed in so long, and then I got thrown, you know, put my foot back in the door for All Stars, and immediately off the bat, you know, Laura was telling the whole house, don't work with her. She's horrible. She's the worst person in the world. Don't even talk to her, don't even look at her. I didn't know that was going on, you know, with All Stars. So so that was my welcome back, and then immediately my back against the wall. And now you're going against Rachel, now you're going against Cam and just absolute survival mode. And so going from that to going to this season and obviously right off the bat. You know, Johnny and Laurel were like, we're coming for you still, and I'm like, I can't breathe, like nobody's giving me a chance to breathe. And then for the rest of the season after that, because the way the format was set up, I was able to breathe, and I found myself immediately off the rip. As soon as you know, Laurel was showing her face and Johnny was being how he was, I was like, I'm moving out of Air two. I lived in Era four all season. Immediately as soon as Paulie left, I took over his bed, and I was an honorary part of Era four. And you know, because I had enemies kind of everywhere in a sense, but two of them made themselves more prominent than anybody else. I kind of just I fell into the arms of some other people and I was able to just be myself and no matter what costs in my war, no matter if I wanted to be Carl or Kara, everybody was like, oh, Theirsty goes again, like this is just how she is, and it was just like it was just so amazing to be accepted and actually be able to breathe and have fun and just after the whole, you know, laurel situation able to just kind of like kick back and just focus on the competition was nice.
Speaker 1: First of all, Carl, this is Carl standing Carl by the way, freaking hilarious.
Speaker 2: Well, for me, whatever happened with you and Laurel, I'm glad that y'all washed each other.
Speaker 3: Y'all washed your hands, be done with it.
Speaker 2: And I think once she was gone, no shade to Laurel, because I appreciate Laura. I like Laurel, but I think once she was gone, we really got an opportunity to see you shine because the weight of that, the heaviness of that was gone, and so we really got an opportunity to see Caara and refall in love with Carra. And I got so excited watching you play this season, and I got so excited to root for you this season. And I was very proud of the reconciliation of you and Amanda.
Speaker 3: I just want to throw that in there because I think that.
Speaker 4: Was honestly and you know better than anybody. I think that I'll give credit to Paullie on that one. I think Paulli uh brought that one together because him and Amanda have always been friends, and he kind of was the one that had a chat with her beforehand about mending the fences, because honestly, there was so many alliances this season that I just wasn't part of, and I was like, I don't need we don't need every gun on our backs, you know what I mean. So me and Amanda were like.
Speaker 2: Hey, I loved watching that moment, but man, Devin gonna take credit for it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take it too, because if you are when he bum rushed into your hotel room like some creepers. One of the things we were talking to you about is letting people see these wonderful sides of you, right like people that in the past have you know, rightfully so gotten on your nerves or not. You know, you guys haven't necessarily gelled. And so seeing you and Amanda, seeing you and Tory, like the goal of that was so cool. We just got to see so much of Kara, and even as the season progressed and right before Laurel quit, just in your talking heads, the way that you spoke about it, there was such a like maturity about you know, as you were evaluating her as a competitor, right, Yeah, like the you know, whatever the relationship is was just really really cool to see and I think probably created an additional round of Kara stands for sure. Now let's back up for a bit and chat about in the last episode, right, you volunteered yourself sort of a tribute for Derek, like to be a target for Derek, knowing you had a penalty already on you, and it was seemed like such just like a a baliant move. Can you walk us through how you got to that space? When did you decide that you would do that.
Speaker 4: I saw that he had a lot of stress on it. It was before before he did his elimination, so I already you you know, me and Corey had a deal that was the only deal in the house. But a lot of people don't know like me and Derek spent basically every second together. We were playing cards like all season. That's all we did. And so people when they see it with someone twenty four to seven, they think, oh, that's your number one, or that's your alliance. Me and Derek never shook hands, We never made an alliance. We just enjoyed each other's company. Corey was the only one I made an alliance with But me and Derek, like we got really close, and I knew how close he was to Michelle, and I just I didn't want him to have to be put to even think he went into an elimination on you know, the anniversary. I think it was his sister's.
Speaker 1: Birthday birthday, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was his sister's birthday. Who's past. And I was like, please, I brought up to him before he before he went in. I was like, Derek, I'm like, please, don't even think or stress about your targets. I was like, just make me a target. Don't even think twice about it, think about winning, think about honoring your sister. Like and obviously you know I'm rooting for Corey too, you know. And I'm like, but you know, I don't want the target thing to be on your head. It shouldn't be a thing on your day. And he's like really, he goes, thank you. That just like makes things so much lighter for me, And I was like, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, it's such a beautiful move, like such a brave move.
Speaker 3: Did you regret that.
Speaker 1: Next?
Speaker 4: No, because I thought there was still a way, Like I was like, even when I was I just coming into that challenge, I'm like, all right, we're running through a castle. I you know, if if Kylon wins, I should be okay if I don't win. So first of all, I have to win, right, And I feel really strong when my back's against the wall and it's like do or die. I usually do m so I come in the clutch. So I'm like, and this is just endurance and a puzzle, and that is my favorite thing to do, Like anything that's a workhorse grudge kind of a thing and you just grudge on through it. That is my favorite type of thing. And then there's a puzzle at the end, So if you're behind or whatever, there's a way you might be able to catch up if you could figure it out. I was confident in the challenge that I had to do, and then I was confident that if Derek one, I'd be safe, If Kylon won, I'd be safe, If Johnny One obviously am going in, and if Jordan won, I honestly thought I'd be safe, Like I really if as long as Jenny didn't win, I'm pretty sure, you know, Jordan, if it was between me and Jenny, Jordan would have put in.
Speaker 1: Jenny Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 4: So I felt confident that, like, first of all, I have to depend on myself, and if I can't pull it off, then I think there's a pretty good chance with the guys that are left that I'll be all right.
Speaker 1: M hm, that's fair. That's actually really smart strategy. And before we're sort of like going out of order here, But I am so curious, what do you think was the struggle with the puzzle? Because it was so interesting watching people with this particular one, Like some people seem to really struggle, right, like you had Kylin get there first, but you had Jordan finish. You obviously aced it and did great even with the time penalty.
Speaker 3: Even with the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there were some others who really seemed to struggle with that particular puzzle, Like what can you walk us through what it was like and what may have been harder that we didn't see.
Speaker 4: I think it's just like people are always like, oh my god, you need to get better at puzzles or oh, I'm so good at puzzles, But puzzles are so different. It's different than saying I'm good at running, Like running is always going to be running, you know, puzzles is always something different and depending on what leads up to it or depending on if you just see it or not, is you know how you complete the things. So puzzles really are the great equalizer because you could even do the same puzzle one hundred times one hundred and first time you go do it, you might black out right. So I don't know why other people had a hard time. Maybe they were stressed about you know, oh my god, I'm almost in last place. I can't come in like maybe they were. You know, they let those thoughts overtake them instead of what picture am I building? So it just really depends on your state of mind, and you know how determines you do the puzzle.
Speaker 1: I guess we saw some people to organizing the pieces on the ground it looked like and others not. What was your take on that.
Speaker 4: I immediately took all of the logs out, put them on the ground. I kind of saw the picture and I was like, oh, there it is, and then I was just throwing them in and I got it, okay.
Speaker 1: So that was Devin.
Speaker 2: We just talked about that as a pulse to trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: You can't, yeah, you can't that the lines were so weird and everybody had a different puzzle.
Speaker 1: Oh so I couldn't just.
Speaker 4: Look at the person in front of me, Like everybody's set up in lines were different, like different colors, different lines, not it wasn't the same puzzle across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about it in this season. How we've seen it's been so interesting because earlier in the season, I don't know if you remember saying it's been a while ago, but like when we're looking at like Drell's elimination, that sort of thing, there were people who in eliminations in particular, we would see sort of the overthinkers and the doers. So, particularly if it was something that involved some huzzle like element, there are the people who would just kind of assemble it on the fly, and then the people who would be like, let me put it down or let me do the math in the second and then do it. Yeah, exactly. And then as the seasons progressed though, it actually seems like the thing again overthinkers probably not the most accurate term, but you know what I mean, Like the people who kind of like strategize. We see as we moved throughout the season, those now are the ones that are winning the eliminations or winning the dailies are the ones who sort of do what you did right where you put the pieces on the ground and figure it all out instead of just doing It's been really interesting watching that switch. Yeah, and that people have two very different ways of doing Some people.
Speaker 3: Just go for it and some could have been what got Kyland too?
Speaker 4: You probably definitely oversaw it for sure.
Speaker 3: So we have this this location change.
Speaker 1: Okay, TJ.
Speaker 3: Let us know in front of Corey.
Speaker 4: Jesus, that's a good season. Was he did? So?
Speaker 2: Side note, since you're here, we want to know from you because we were trying to figure out, after you and Corey decided to be in an alliance, what your name would be. Yes, the boats have said so my people said, uh, Corey Maria, what would you say Kara?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you want to mix the mix the names, I guess.
Speaker 1: Karri Warria, oh, Warria.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can have an alliance. I don't think you can have an alliance name for just two people. I think we are just we're the odd men out. We're like the last you know, We're just like you know, by default, we're like Corey we're literally last on everybody's list. Do you want to just like see what we can do together?
Speaker 2: It was so good though, we enjoy watching you two come together. But yes, we have a location change. Right, How did being in the Philippines differ or compare to being in Vietnam?
Speaker 4: Listen. As soon as he said location change, my thought was, oh, remember when they had us do that whole desert, that whole desert mini fi, that brutal desert mini final. I was like, oh, oh, less green location change. We're totally going to the desert. That would make sense why we did that mini final?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: And then when we pulled up and it was nothing but water, I was like, I am screwed.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not gonna lie for me.
Speaker 2: That was terrifying too, Like the idea of having to be in so much water and such large bodies were out terrified.
Speaker 3: I was like, I wouldn't have made it.
Speaker 4: It's the thing is, and people like, why didn't you just swim more? Why don't you get better at swimming? Here's the thing. These women that were left are the best swimmers that have probably ever been on the challenge. To be honest with you, like all like Michelle was a swim instructor in school. Toy's really like come leagues in her swimming. She was already a good swimmer, and now she's even better. She had like a military dude training her. And then the other two Rachel's always swim like a shark, and so has Jenny, Like Jenny's an incredible athlete.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: So you know the fact that those were the woman I'm an average swimmer, Like I can swim, I will get there. But if you're having any race for five hundred meters, I mean I'm not Michael Phelps right right, So if you have the other average swimmers, I would definitely probably beat the other average swimmers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wouldn't even say you're an average swimmer. I'd say you're an above average swimmer. And especially the performance that we saw in that elimination is just like I have no like I I would have been looking for you under water. I like Karra. I Okay, first of all, when you get there and I know we're going to all sorts out of order. When you get there and you know see you're going to a boat and you have this elimination coming out, Like, what's the initial thought in your mind.
Speaker 4: My first thought is, TJ, where's the arena? Right, like, literally, where is the arena? And I see like a little circle of buckets in the water, and I'm like that kidpy it, like, yeah, tell me that that's not it? Like I'm like, do I have to go under these buckets and solve a puzzle in the water with my head in a can? Like what am I doing? And it was just, uh, it's you know, I think the way that everything played out, it's funny how the you know the world of the challenge happens and the way that things happen. And but I'm blown away that that was me and me and Torri clashed the Titans. We finally come together and we're floating in a salt spare that we're eating our skin or I think the similar to the fish that you'll go put your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like how I feel.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Wait, did your skin come out extra smooth? Cara? When it was all that said den then yeah.
Speaker 4: And every bit of red that had ever existed in my hair, my hair was like wander than Tory's.
Speaker 1: What I got?
Speaker 3: The goodness?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So toris uh we were wrapping up the elimination. She said that you guys were in there for hours.
Speaker 3: How long was this elimination?
Speaker 4: This, that's three hours?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: So I mean they put a time limit on it because if if we never had to put our hands up, I would have been her son came up and it would have gone straight into the final. So at some point this had to end. I don't know if they were going to bring out weights.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh my god, that'd be awful.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think was he a marine or was he a Navy seal? I forget. I don't want to disrespect booth he told me, and I keep going to stay marine, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't remember he was in the Navy. I don't remember either military.
Speaker 4: But he said that what they do is they've He said, the longest anybody could possibly last with their arms up is like half an hour, which is aggressive for like a well trained water guy, but like fully arms up. But obviously most people like won't last that long. And when he said get your elbows out of the water, I was like, yeah, no, how I can possibly stay up? And I'm looking at Tori and she literally was like a ballerina, not like the arms fully up and just I'm like she's I'm like this is and I just didn't at that point know how to even stay up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at that point.
Speaker 3: And then the snake, the snake girl. Yeah, was it just the one or were there multiple?
Speaker 4: Apparently there's all kinds of stuff floating underneath us. Like the rest of the challengers were falling asleep on the boat, they'd wake up, they'd look, they're like they would see things swimming underneath us. There was a snake, there was I felt like every time my ears kind of went under the water, I heard like almost like electricity and I don't know if that was all those little fishes. And then bite it, but they bit and it hurt, like frigging hurt, and it was It was three hours and the pitch black, not knowing what was underneath us, not knowing you know what TJ was gonna TJ was gonna throw down a wait for us to catch a hold, like, I don't know. Yeah, I'm myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should be just in there. You should be proud of yourself.
Speaker 2: Not only getting in there, but going hands ahead with Tory. Now, I'm as a viewer because I love being a viewer. I'm not not so much a challenger, but a viewer, right, she'll be. I love being a viewer and watching you and Tory go heads ahead is something that the people have been wanting to see. So watching the journey of YouTube build this this friendship and you know, this respect for each other and it show on camera. You know, how did it feel to have this final boss as you both called it, moment at the end.
Speaker 3: How was that?
Speaker 4: I just feel lighter, like I feel like everything just came full circle. And me and Tory actually did have you know, full conversations. We deep dove into our past about you know, because everybody's the hero of their own story. Everybody's you know, got their own view, their own narrative, and so we each presented our views and how we felt, how we went through things, and how we saw the other person and where the disconnect happened and whatnot, and we really went through it and we came out to a better understanding of each other, like a genuine respect, in my full respect. And I've repeated the story several times, but I will again came for Tory when we were doing the run across the field and there was like the ditch and then the balls in the tube, and I went to go put my ball into tories because ours were right next to each other, you know, you pulled names out of a hat. Somehow me and tore I ended up on the same end of the field and I went to go put my ball on hers because I wasn't I was brain dead from the heat and the freaking out and all that kind of stuff. And she goes, wait, car stop, that's mine. That's mine, that's mine. Stop. She could have just let me drop it in our tube and then carried it on, but I was like, oh, oh, oh, thank you and I and this was before we really developed our friendship. And then I put mine in mine, and afterwards I was like, Tori, I was like, that meant a lot that you you did that you called me out on that. You could have just saved yourself an extra run. She goes, yeah, but then then I really wouldn't have won. It wouldn't it was if I beat you. It's because I really want to be able to like freaking beat you. And she goes and I was like, well, what if I did drop it in, what would you have done? She goes, well, I would have just dropped mine in yours, and I was like, what, like so genuine, like a genuine competitor that in that moment, I was like, all right, I was like, I like this girl. If you play with integrity and heart like that, you know, it just goes to show, like her evolution, all the work that she's put in and all the seasons. It sucks that I was out, you know, kind of on the bench for all those seasons where she rose, But she put in the work and it shows, you know, so I got to give her props.
Speaker 1: It was so awesome being able to watch you two come together in that way and have such respect for each other as competitors because obviously you both are insane, like you both are in the list shortlist of the greats now You mentioned how you know there was a lot of feet focused in this season, and there really was. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: I think Johnny needs an intervention.
Speaker 1: I love that. Can you tell us more about Johnny playing the victim at the beginning of this particular episode right where where you guys had just gotten to your new digs or the villa where you know they always spoil you before. TJ then is like actually you're going to be, you know, crying. But when Bananas was sort of like everyone's come after me this season and kind of going into the victim role, what was it like being there for that and how do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: Johnny is never been bullied. He's like, how many time champion? He always runs the house. And when you're the top dog, you know, the maximum thing that people are gonna do is try to like beat you. You know, Like same goes for Jordan. Jordan. He walks in and he knows everybody knows he's the best, so he's he's gonna he doesn't cry victim. If everybody's trying to get rid of Jordan, Jordan's like, I know I'm the best. Like, obviously they're gonna try to do. Johnny's picking a fight with girls. I'm like, you really are sitting there trying to make yourself a victim with girls. You're a grown ass dude. So I just thought that was just hilarious. I'm like, you're really gonna cry about Michelle and Tory? Buddy, You're how many how many wings.
Speaker 1: Do you have? Relax?
Speaker 4: I feel like when it comes to Johnny, you know, he's the type of guy that I think he is so melted into what the challenge is, and I in a way I feel for him, you know, I feel like, can he ever have a real friendship or real relationship? Everybody who he's ever let close has probably tried to screw him over or use them for cloud or like, I can't imagine being that melted in because I was able to have a little bit of a break. But you know, as far as Johnny's concerned, like he is the challenge and the challenge will die with him. So I don't know, there's something.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, we have to take a quick break, but you already know we'll be right back right after this. All right, are you ready? Let's get back.
Speaker 2: Into this show, being as you took that break and then you came back came back hot. Right, We're two seasons the interview of your return, do you see a retirement for Carl Maria or do you have a lot more left in the tank.
Speaker 6: I am so frustrated that, like I could have I feel like I've had some missus, you know, like I feel like All Stars four should have been a win for me.
Speaker 4: I'm disappointed that I lost that. I'm disappointed in War of the Worlds too. I feel like that should have been a win as well. So I feel like I need I need more wins before I can. If I could have five wins, I know it's aggressive, and I know my third win on Champs versus Stars, you know, some people counted, some people don't. So I need about two to three more wins for me to be like, yeah, I'm good. I could peace out, you know, I just have so much more that I need. Unfortunately, and then I'll and then I'll retire. Then I will happily retire, but I am chasing greatness.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: There are some people online who prior to your break felt like, oh, car needs break, Cars needs brea cart needs break.
Speaker 2: And then when you left, they felt the impact of your ancence, right, it was felt like, oh wait, wait, no, psych she need to come back.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: So do you, on a personal level feel like the break was beneficial for you?
Speaker 4: Yes, and no. It was bittersweet because it was at i'd say, at the height of my athleticism, my age. You know, I was my early thirties. I missed years, you know, I was thirty two when I did my last season, and then I came back when I was like thirty six, thirty seven, so I feel like I've missed the prime of my competitive years. But then I don't know. CT is still winning, so I'll take it as the break was a good reset. It was a little too long. I definitely should have come back with CT on Rider dies, but that's not here nor there. That would have been a good thing. So I think the break was longer than necessary. But I'm very thankful to be back. I have a lot more to give, and I think I've learned so much in my time out that you know, it was a good reset for the fans. If I find myself falling down that dark hole again, like where I'm too melted in and I can't peel away from what's real and what's TV, then I should voluntarily take another break. But right now, I feel fresh, I feel strong, and I and I feel like I've found a piece with who I am as a competitor and then keeping the game in real life separate. So I and it took the break for that to happen for me, So I have to everything happens for a reason, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You mentioned on the show you said once TJ brings up the Karma vote and then you go in your talking head you said, oh, that's why I haven't spoken to Paulie in almost two months. Was there a rule that, Like, was Paulie told that he couldn't call you or that you couldn't call him after he left the show?
Speaker 4: Like? What?
Speaker 1: Can you give us some insight into kind of how that all went down?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I had been you know, everything I was struggling with from what I was going through with Laurel and all that. Like I wanted, you know, for me worrying about him because I mean, that's the type of competitor he is. He's going to literally sacrifice his body, you know, against a freight train for even a glimpse of a chance at a win because of how bad he's you know, he wanted to stay in that game.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I was worried about his health and I wanted to check on him, and I was I also wanted to like communicate with him on like just you know, like I just wanted to be able to call him. Yeah, And the most I got was, you know, the flowers that you saw there on my on my EMO birthday party were from him, which was nice that. You know, they allowed him to send those but uh yeah.
Speaker 1: But they said, you guys couldn't. Couldn't because he had competed on that season, you guys weren't allowed to.
Speaker 4: And I was like, there must be something more.
Speaker 3: Would have told you. I mean, he really wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: If he's like, all he wanted to do was have a conversation. But you know, they had to. They had to keep the privacy of you know, the karma. They have to, like the karma Voute twist secret. And you know, I'm I'm iffy about the whole karma thing. Like I actually gave everybody five's except for Johnny Yes.
Speaker 1: To say we saw say that you're gonna go, which is actually a pretty good line. I'm going to go low like he does every season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was passing him back one for the for for every time he's ever voted me. And yeah no, but I really, I actually am not a fan of having a popularity vote affect your game, Like if you genuinely beat someone like it would be it would be like me running that final with Laurel blowing her out of the water and All Stars four and then TJ coming in at the end and being like, hey, Kara, I know you killed it, but uh, you know, Laurel got stars from everybody on their way out because they wanted her to win, not you, So she wins, you know what I mean? Like be like what Like, I know that's part of the game, and there's always a twist, and you can't hate the player. You're gonna hate the game and whatever the theme is that makes it happen. But I really hate Oh, by the way, these other people that got eliminated of the game and might be a little bit bitter about something are gonna have a say in your fate. I just I don't like it because I think it should be like do you do you actually win? Did you actually do the best? Did you solve the puzzles faster? Did you put everything that you possibly had your entire your heart? Did you earn first place? Did you earn second place? Did you earn third place?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, one you probably know this, but it hasn't been revealed to us yet, Like how weighted are the karma points? Because to your point, I agree, it shouldn't all be popularity, but it's like similar to, for example, this last daily challenge, you had a knock against you because you had that three minute penalty, but you still didn't come in last place because you blew it out of the water, you know what I mean, Like you were so exceptionally good doing that daily that you still came out effectively on top. So as a viewer, it's come across that like, sure, these carma points are going to have a say, but that it's not going to definitively decide over someone who's blowing it out. While again we don't know yet because TJ hasn't reviewed that. But I also think the idea of karma is interesting because we have seen seasons in the past where people have been so slimy or snaky or conniving or what ever to get to the top, get to a final, get to whatever, And the idea of this being positioned as karma anyway makes it sound a little less popularity and a little more like who. Exactly what you described about Tory's actions earlier in the season, right where it's like she could have taken that win and not told you, hey, car, you're putting the ball because someone did put the ball in someone else's thing. We saw that. I forgot who, But I think one of the people did.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So to that point, right from a karma standpoint, like she could have won and been you know, not told you or whatever just benefited from Yeah, but she like put out good karma and energy which helped lead to where you guys are now, and you giving her a decent karma vote. So I don't know. I think it makes it keeps it sort of interesting.
Speaker 4: But I just don't believe in and hand me, hand me, you know what I mean, like give me is I just believe in earning it. I know, earning it. I know being politically friendly and stuff is another.
Speaker 1: Is a part of the game, and they love that part of the game. You know that.
Speaker 4: Actually, Oh I know it very.
Speaker 1: Well and it quite proud. We had this conversation but on the stage, and I stand by when I said then and we had this conversation in the TSA pre check line.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 1: It's a part of it. And I think too, what we saw of you this season, I feel like you expanded your game a little bit into us getting to see a social side and it was just so lovely because you are competitor, but you're a human too, Like you're a person, your friend you're you're all these things, and so getting to see that side and people being able to feel closer to you or connected to you or you know whatever else, like I think makes it as a show more interesting than say, just watching the Olympics. And don't get me wrong, the Olympics are great, but like, people watch this show for not just the competitions, but for yeah, the personality, the people, the energies, and I think you need all of that mix in there to keep it fun and interesting. But and by the way, in the TSA pre check line, I just have to say, Kara, you told me at the time, he said, I apologize because you were right. It's not just staying out of elimination wasn't necessarily a bad thing on my part. Also, let's be clear that's would have gone home if I made it an elimination.
Speaker 4: Dude, your game was great, it wasn't. It's different that you you earned your way to the final. You got there. The point is to get to the final, that's my point. And whether you had the right politics, you had the right luck at the right time, you played how you had to play, and you got there. But you also earned your spot in the final and I mean in how you finished and finishing it, you know, as opposed to like at the end of the day, people were like, oh wait, Laurel, I know you won, but we all voted for Devin to win. Do you know what I mean earned what you earned?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did that.
Speaker 4: You know, it's different. It's kind of a it's just different.
Speaker 1: To I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 4: That part is different.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Yep, totally hear you in that.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: I would piss anybody off.
Speaker 2: Like, Man, I don't mind sounding like a hypocrite. I'm against it if it don't work for me. If it worked for me and I m then bring them on like I don't mind. Okay, now I listened.
Speaker 3: That is what it is.
Speaker 1: Carl.
Speaker 2: When you came into this season, you said you really didn't feel like you had numbers on your side. You didn't like you have the alliances and all of the things. After going through this season, and we can say all the way through this season because you were right made today. So going through this entire season, do you feel like in future season you now can walk into those seasons.
Speaker 3: More confident that you have people on your side.
Speaker 4: Now, I definitely I think even if I think I've come to a place where even if I'm friendly with someone, I know that at the end of the day, they're going to have to their their goal is to get to the final, right, And I think where I've grown and changed is like I can have friends and I can also respect that they're going to play the best game for them to get to the end, and I'm not going to take it personally outside of it, and I'm just gonna know, like we could be cool, we could be civil, we can hang, and I'm just going to keep the game in real life separate. And it does make me feel lighter and happier to walk in just knowing that, like it's a more welcoming fun experience because I have only ever, really truly honestly known to play, which I think what has made me what made me so hard there at the end of you know, before my break, I've always played with my back against the wall, and that's when I do my best. But it also is not best for your mental health, right, And I think you know, and at that point, it's like me against the world. Everybody has to be an enemy, and if from a backstands the wall everybody's coming after me. Then I win, you know, and it's just be one way.
Speaker 1: Or the other, right, and it sort of becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Like I know it takes some vulnerability, but you being the parts of vulnerability we got to see you this season seemed like it opened up a world for you, you know, of people. I mean again, seeing the way even in that deliberation, the way Jordan spoke about you, when he was like, oh, I know, you guys are probably thinking, of course I'm going to vote in car He's like, but no, I've come to really like like just really cool, Like it's it's really cool to see.
Speaker 4: I told Jordan, and I didn't know he had made a deal with I didn't know he made a deal at all with Rachel because Rachel was very outspoken about like hating Jordan. Also really I was like blown Yeah, I was like blown away. I was like to him or just like she would say that, like she never left her room except to go to the gym, so she was always in that wing of the house and I never really saw them talking. And every time you would talk, like you know, Jordan, So she wasn't a fan of him at all. So and she was and she's working with Johnny, and Johnny and Jordan are working, you know what I mean. So I didn't know that that deal was made. Rachel was really good at making a lot of secret deals, so to her credit, she killed that.
Speaker 1: So were you shocked then when he was like when he did all that, and then he suddenly was like, oh, Kara.
Speaker 4: Okay, because I was on their side of the house the entire time. I was with Michelle, and you know, I was working with choreos with Michelle and Tory the whole time. I was always with Jordan. But I did tell him in that deliberation. I was like, Jordan, you know, it's crazy how this the world would would come full circle like this. I know how things happen clearly if you put me in like, I get it, you know, especially after all the votes that I threw at you in War of the World too, Like I totally understand and get it. I'm just hoping, you know, maybe we've we've come a different path. But I just didn't know. It literally came down to their handshake and I.
Speaker 1: When did you find out that they had made that alliance or you know, handshake.
Speaker 4: At the table.
Speaker 1: Did they tell you when he when he made that vote for you? Did he say, by the way, because I shook hands with Rachel.
Speaker 4: Yes, he said it came down to a handshake. He goes, Unfortunately I already promised Rachel earlier this season, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what, Yeah, Okay, was blown away.
Speaker 4: I actually thought I had a chance. But I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, honestly, it seemed like you did had they not made that deal, Like it really genuinely seemed like you did. So going into a new season together with like a Jordan and a Tory, do you think you would operate or be open to alliance dev on making the handshake motion right now for your chatsy, but like that you'd be open to you an early alliance with them?
Speaker 4: Do you know? It's so crazy? I feel so awkward with the whole alliance thing. I think that's how I always end up like a Cory, because if I'm some friends with somebody and I'm cool with someone, I don't I feel like I never like to ask for anything, but I don't want to ask. Hey, so like we're an alliance and I like I'm going to be your number two, and you're gonna be like, I feel so after all the years to do the challenge, I feel so incredibly awkward to ask for anything or to go in expecting anything, and my social game is shits as far as politically that kind of stuff. I just like the fact that I can go in and I can genuinely be myself, have friends, and if I have to do work, I'll do the work. I just don't know. I don't know how to do the alliance. I still don't I feel awkward, do you, Alan.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just tell you what my mama told me as a kid in case it's helpful. Well, one is clean up your room. That never worked for me. But the other thing is you have not because you asked not. And it doesn't even have to be in a full fledged alliance. Like look at the Rachel and Jordan thing. Right, even you said as someone in the house and as if you were, it never came across that they had this full fledged alliance per se, right, like she was a banana toa or whatever. But but they clearly she was like, hey, you want to do this handshake? And so then that was enough of a point. You know what, I mean like to call on in a time, So just putting it out there, putting in your back pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one little extra stip.
Speaker 1: And you never know, someone across the table could be thinking exactly like you, but also nervous to ask, and then what like you and Corey, you guys, finally you finally were like, look, why don't why don't we just all right? And then there you go.
Speaker 4: So you know, I actually think I feel more comfortable going into challenges, and I think Devin's I don't know if Devin exactly plays it or maybe he kind of plays his way, and I think Johnny kind of plays Johnny never promised is anything to anybody. Yeah, I've never actually seen him promise anything to anybody, but people just feel like they're working with him or that he'll protect him. I think, you know, his only true one is Leroy right.
Speaker 1: Well, and the Banana's Angels this season, because he really rode for them, it seemed, and then even told them at a certain point, look, if you need to do things for your own game that are against me at this point, do it, which was whether you like or not, it was an admirable you know, acknowledgment.
Speaker 4: I think I'm more of like an alliance by circumstance. I like to go challenge by challenge because if it's a weird child, because every challenge is different, yep, and you never know you know who's going to be on top, what are the teams who's going to be winning? Like, so you need to kind of know what the game is and have a sense of things. And I kind of like to go case by case, like, oh, oh you saved me here, Oh I'm going to make sure I pay that forward on the next one. And you know, I like to kind of play as I go, which probably isn't This is not.
Speaker 1: Smart at all, He's smart. I think it's super smart. Be nimble because Josh never gives room, and then he's true. We love Josh, but Josh the whole team, including production and the bus driver an alliance at a point. But I love you, Josh, I love you. Is smart.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for Michelle. Michelle really lost it with Josh because if he won, he was gonna make Michelle a target and save Jenny over. He was gonna save Jenny over Michelle, and I thought him and Michelle were closer than that, So that one kind of blew me away.
Speaker 3: Devin fiction.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, he plays with his emotions. He plays with his emotions.
Speaker 1: I think all seventy of them he does.
Speaker 3: Somebody with fifty pairs of emotions myself.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love how you're riding.
Speaker 1: I love the hook she does and I get I love I love Josh. I sided I his gameplay sometimes, but I love it. That's true.
Speaker 4: He's a lovable Guy's come a long way. He's actually worked his ass off, like like his I already said, like you could see a change in his body and his attitude. He did pretty well. I just think, yeah, his Achilles, He'll really is. I think he just wears his heart on his sleeve. He wants, you know, to'll just love everybody, and I think that's that's a hard thing to do because you are going to have to pick it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end, it's going to be smaller numbers, so like that everybody can go there. Speaking of that, so unfortunately, I'd say this is one of the most I mean, I literally was tearing up by the end of this episode because it just again it was so beautiful to watch, and it was hard to root on either side because as a viewer I love toy, but I also love you and this season watching you grow like I wanted you all there. You know you're headed home. The good news is you don't have to sleep on that nasty s boat.
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you I want I want by going home.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is any indication of if this is home base for the final, I see nothing but okay, Yes, this is gonna be like the swimming Olympics final with the mass girl girl.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you I am so absolutely one thousand percent. I have never been more thrilled.
Speaker 1: I gave it my all.
Speaker 4: I didn't give up, so I always have that I will never ever quit, no matter what is thrown in front of me. But I am telling you I won by not going to this damn final.
Speaker 1: I can tell you absolutely missed out on a nightmare. Yes, I'm so okay with Who are you rooting for now? Though that you know we've come down to our final eight.
Speaker 4: I'm rooting out of that crew. Jordan, you know, is the gohast, the front runner, but I'm I'm rooting for Derek. I think he's an underdog, so I'm gonna be for Derek the underdog he was, we were we were buddies all season, and I'm really proud of him for making it this far. And so I'm rooting for Derek, for the guys, and for the women. I'll be honest with you, fucking I'm rooting for all of Every one of those women are a champion. Jenny is a champion, Rachel is a champion, Toy is a champion. Michelle has one survivor. If you want to roote for the underdog, the fact that Michelle has literally come in the bottom or given the penalties or had to go into three eliminations, how to send in basically your whole alliance. Like, Michelle has had the hardest climb to get to where she is. She's ever a four. She's kind of I mean, Jenny is an absolute bee, she's ever a four. But like, you know, if you're just looking at the lineup, you're like, oh shit, Michelle's in for it, right. So, like, if you didn't want for an underdog, I'd say Michelle. But I'm rooting for all of them because I think they're all incredible women. They've all earned their spot. They're the baddest of the baddest pop women. You know that you could ever ask for to see in a final. I'll be honest, like all incredible as.
Speaker 1: Do you know that you are also included, very much so.
Speaker 4: But I'm fine.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 2: You're in a comfy bed, hopefully the wind Rickeys boat.
Speaker 3: I won.
Speaker 4: I won, Guys, I am so good watching this final rather than being in it. This looks like my worst if this was going to be a final through a castle, if it was a final, maybe even through a desert. But the fact that this is, this looks like literally nothing but water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks so gross. Also, can we just shout up the line you said earlier? You're like, oh, I do well with castles, yes, queens Love, You're like, I see a castle, like you know, I'm all over this. I do well with castles. So great, And again, it's been wonderful watching your journey just throughout the challenge as a whole, certainly on this season, and we appreciate and we recognize the work that you put in and you can't wait to see that continue. For people who want to continue your journey and follow you, or you know who are newly minted car Maria stands, Where can they find you?
Speaker 4: On social TikTok and Instagram. Miss Kara Maria m I s s car Maria, Well, that's real.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming to hang with us on a podcast.
Speaker 1: Care you come.
Speaker 3: Such a long way.
Speaker 2: I am glad that you're bad girl. We have come such a long way, and I am just I'm excited to watch more of you on the show. I am excited to root.
Speaker 4: For you, and I'm thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You played the mess out of this game this season. I'm very, very proud of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you such a good interview. I'm so glad Para came and had this talk with us and, you know, just kind of tell us how she was going through the scenes.
Speaker 3: And I'm so proud of her.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad that she has peeled back her layers and she's back and she's playing her game now. If the people want to find out where and how you peel back your layers on the socials of the media is where can they find you?
Speaker 1: For those who want to find me and how I play my game on the socials, you can always visit me at Devin Timone. That's seventh wife Simone with and I on Instagram or tickty talk or snap chisel or threads or my website devinsimone dot com. What about you da Day? Where can they find you?
Speaker 2: And they can find me on the socials of the media's at Davon, Diane Underscore and you can find me here.
Speaker 3: We want to thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: We love y'all down Okay, thanks for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Now tell all your fellow Challenge fans to listen because we love when y'all come and sit at the couch with us. Okay, and make sure to leave us a five star review on Apple and Spotify.
Speaker 4: We love that.
Speaker 1: And we will be off next week for Hanukah and Christmas, but join us the week after for a brand new episode of MTV's Official Challenge podcast. Available wherever you get your podcasts. Just keep swimming Paramount Podcasts.