Speaker 1: I heard a little birdie, not so little big birdie by the name of Love Bubbary Dudley, and he was saying, you know, maybe you guys are gonna do another loop around the world or something as a tag team.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, we talked about it.
Speaker 3: You know, of course, you know that we're gonna give give you what the greatest higgs.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't have to do anything.
Speaker 3: To try to reinvent the wheel or anything like that, where you know, we go back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna just.
Speaker 3: Give the fans exactly what they like and what they missed, so we're gonna hit the greatest hits.
Speaker 2: It's kind like Kiss, the rock group Kiss. You know when they when they were they had to make up on and.
Speaker 3: Doing all the old songs, rock and roll all night, you know, all of those good hits.
Speaker 2: People loved them. The minute they took.
Speaker 3: That makeup off, it was over, tiff was over, and you know, and then they started coming up with new songs, and some of them were good, but they weren't. They weren't the classics. They weren't what Kiss was known for. The minute Kiss put the makeup on and went back on tour and started doing those you know, those classics. It was like it was like a resurge in the arm for kiss, you know, and they just started all over again.
Speaker 2: So now that's what me and Bubba was saying. You know, we don't have.
Speaker 3: To go out there and try to, you know, reinvent the wheel on tag team wrestling or try to have five star matches.
Speaker 2: Let's just go out there and have fun and hit the greatest hits.
Speaker 1: Nostalgia. Nostalgia, that's what people want.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could give it to him. Can we see the what's up up?
Speaker 3: Well, maybe we'll do the what's up when Bubba's up on that top rop doing so reverse it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just holding legs open.
Speaker 2: Just holding them.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's a good position to be infirmn hold the woman's legs open or guy, if you're into that, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Three D maybe three.
Speaker 1: D, which I told him the other day. I would have taken that from you. Guys, no problem. It never happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, never happened. You got away. You were protected.
Speaker 1: They got away.
Speaker 3: You were protected by three of the toughest men in Shane Douglas, Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris.
Speaker 2: Can you know so the Dudleys couldn't touch at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I also feel like if you came into the company earlier than you did, you would have been feuding with the pit Bulls, and I would have taken that from you.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean again, that would have been the Dudleys. We did actually work together. My first matchup I think a c W arena. It was me and Bubba versus the pit Bulls was with them. Yep, you were with them, and you beat the hell out of uh oh and dancing with you had these seven inch I'm gonna say they were seven inch.
Speaker 2: And we're standing.
Speaker 3: On freaking uh dancing with Dudley's freaking going back and forth, up and down, trying to keep them down to you were trying to beat them up. I remember looking at that, I go, this is not wrestling.
Speaker 2: I go, what the hell am I doing here?
Speaker 1: Hey, That's what I was told to do, you know?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know, And I remember you you basically, I see I turned around and see that, and then I start going after you, like walking towards you. It was like Jason going after the girl that he wants to kill.
Speaker 2: Something that slow, you know, yes to.
Speaker 3: The girl and we were doing that around the ring until I believe Anthony jumped down and hit me in the back of the head and the back of the ring. And then that was the night that you got a Paler bomb, was it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So later we did the four Corners match. I suppose yep. So it's funny because we we didn't work together too much, but there's one match and when I had Bubba on and I wish I could we could pull it up to show you it because it's hilarious. I don't know if I didn't have anybody to work with that evening, but Paul made me come out when the Dudleys were in the ring. It was I think, I guess it was a house show. It was never for TV. And I they make me come out in this big jacket, right, and I have you know, I've addressed someone underneath it or whatever, and I try to entice you and I take the jacket off and you do the wa wouza with the eyes.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was such gaga. It was ridiculous. I end up beating up all of you and then Spike comes out and does like some kind of death like the death drop. Or something the acid drop. That's right. But I gave like I gave Bubba Ddp's diamond cutter, I did something to you. I gave Lou a regular deity to I mean, it was ridiculous. I beat up your whole clan.
Speaker 2: There was no point.
Speaker 1: Podcast well friends in real life. But I look back and I say to myself, my god, here i am one hundred and seventeen pounds soaking way. I got all these big men around me, and I'm beating the shit out of everybody. It is so not believable. But it was just like a little haha Gaga spot to fill.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The great thing about stuff like that is when you look back at it, Yes, realistically, a woman in your side should not have been able to take out three guys outsides. But back then ECW did things like that, and even though it didn't make sense, when you look at it, it was very entertaining.
Speaker 2: It was how we did it right and how we pulled it off.
Speaker 3: We got the reaction, as opposed to some people that do things that don't make sense and then there's no reaction. We put a lot of entertainment and stuff like that to even though people knew that it could never happen. Maybe there's a possibility it can because ecw' is telling that story.
Speaker 2: And that was just what we did.
Speaker 3: When you look at some of the matches that we did, oh my god, I cringe.
Speaker 1: What's the worst match that you had to do that you look back, Can you say to myself, good lord, this is ridiculous?
Speaker 5: E c W.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna say. I mean, we had great matches, but and I'll get to that question. What I was saying was it was like we're sitting up there and when you look at some of the things that we're doing, stuff in front of the referee, you know, the referees watching and it's not being a DQ were outside for like five twenty minutes on the outside of the ring.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, what the hell were we think it?
Speaker 3: But because we made it so entertaining and because we captivated an audience the way we did, people suspended that and just didn't even think about the rules or what didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: We made them believe it at that point.
Speaker 1: Because the other people were following the rules, The other companies were cookie cutter following the rules, and we took it outside the box and did things differently.
Speaker 3: That's why we were That's why we were the Nevada Nevada Vana Nevana. We were the Nevana of pro wrestling. There's no different than Nirvana, Havana King. When you know you have Martley Crue, Metallica, you know, all these hair bands that are just killing it in the eighties, and it didn't seem like anybody was going to take them down. Then Navana came in and just kicked down the door and said, Nope, we're breaking the rules. We're gonna be sad, pissed off. We're going to tell you how we feel. I mean, because you know when you when you look at that type of music, you're like, oh my god, I just I want to murder myself. I'm so sad, you know, and it's like, oh my god, it's that Seattle feel that they you know, that you always hear about. But you know, it was one of those things where when Havana did that, it just opened.
Speaker 2: Up a whole new door for music. And it was what we did in me c W.
Speaker 3: We kicked the door down and did the opposite of what should have been done.
Speaker 2: But when we did it, we did it good.
Speaker 1: And did it very entertaining and fun.
Speaker 2: YEP, I forgot what the other question was.
Speaker 1: When you look back at your career, it doesn't even have to be in ECW, just matches that you've been a part of you. You were saying, like, you look back sometimes and you say, oh my god, so cringe. I cringe when I think of that the worst, the worst thing or the worst angle that you've been a part of that you look back in your because there's things that I've done or clothes that I've worn that I'm embarrassed. I'm like, what was I thinking? Like where did this come from? Like this was such a bad choice, anything that you've ever done that you look back and you're just like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So yeah, TNA, TNA Match, Paid per View, The fish Market, Street Fight, the fish Market. Yeah yeah, they had fish line, they had fish on ice. Oh and nothing to that. This has nothing to do with Curry Man, who was Christopher Daniels and Shock Boy. Loved those guys working with them. But I hated this. I don't like fish. I don't eat fish. I hate the smell of fish, and it's real fish and I it's like, you're a fish market and of course, you know, people picking fish up and throwing it and hitting people with it. I remember looking at curry Man, I said, listen, do not hit me. Would a guy with a fish?
Speaker 2: I said, you do? It becomes real. Do not hit me. Do not hit me at all with.
Speaker 1: What the gimmick? Like, what's the point it was? Vince russo Enough said, I have never like, does that make sense to go to?
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't it. You had it was a regular match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they go outside and take the fish and hit each other as a weapon. Now that was where the rules were, like, Oh it was. It's like a street fight. There are no rules in a street fight. You can have a regular match, but you can use weapons.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I would throw up.
Speaker 2: I threw out my wrestling gear. I threw it out. It was that bad.
Speaker 1: What if somebody just picked up a fish and just smacked you across the face.
Speaker 3: Well, curry and curry Man Daniels a great but shock Boy forgot that.
Speaker 2: I said that to him. He got caught up in a moment and he took the fish. Oh he hit me.
Speaker 3: As soon as he hit me, I went, oh potato, Uh god, damn no, goddamn fish.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm gonna have to look that match up because I had never I've never even heard.
Speaker 2: Of that one. It was good.
Speaker 3: I hated that match to this day. I said it was the worst match because again I never liked it. And I remember telling I remember saying something to Russo. I said, do we have to do this match?
Speaker 2: Oh? Bro, it's gonna be good. It's gonna be good. Bro, it's gonna be great. I'm telling me, people gonna love it. Bro, it's gonna be great. And I'm like, you feel a ship he goes, No, Bubba's he goes bubbas he goes Bubba's. Uh, Bubba's cool with it. I looked at Bubba, he goes.
Speaker 1: Bubba's face.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, Russo, you're lying. I was like, this is a god awful match.
Speaker 1: This How how many like big fish were there?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Did they have boxes of fish around the ring?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You ever go you ever go to Chinatown or the fish market? It was a fish market, you know, like the little trade. The big trays that they had they filled up with ice and then they put the fish on top.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was just like one one.
Speaker 3: They had like a whole line of it. They had yeah, and they had fish and all that on there.
Speaker 2: It was. It was bad. The smell was horrible.
Speaker 1: The fans, like, I mean, did not stars ship Nelson.
Speaker 3: He's never given me five stars, and any of the matches he gives.
Speaker 1: Me negative stars.
Speaker 3: Not even in the freaking TLC match. I think we got like two.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: People still talk about those matches today, thirty something years awesome still, But so, I mean, I don't know what his problem was, but you know, hey, it is what it is, his own. What Well, you know, you two guys may see a wrestling match and love it and I may hate it, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna, you know, out of one to ten stars, I'm gonna go, Okay, I get to two. It may get a two for me, but not everybody else. Should you know, take it as you know, you know, everybody else is gonna look.
Speaker 2: At it as the two match. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I feel like back then E CW never got like not that it means anything but the rating system from him, but I feel like none of our guys got a lot of stars for them.
Speaker 2: Well, I know a lot of our guys didn't like him. It was pissed off at him.
Speaker 3: But I also know that you're right, none of us got any of those I will remember a lot of people thought.
Speaker 2: E CW was barbaric, right, They didn't like.
Speaker 3: ECW, even some of the veterans in w CW or w w W E I'm gonna say that WWF. Yeah, you know, basically did not know or understand what we were doing.
Speaker 2: And they would say, and a lot of them would say, what.
Speaker 3: We were doing was garbage and this and that until the fans started catching on and watching and then showing their love and support, and you couldn't go to an arena that wasn't an e c W show, but it was like a w c W or WWE show where the fans would hijack the show and start channeling e c W.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: You know, it was then that people's eyes started to wake up. So, you know, Nelson might not have believed in what we were doing, but that's fine. But again, what is it thirty forty years ago?
Speaker 2: East thirty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not quite close to it.
Speaker 2: But people still talk about it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 1: Can we just can I just take this in right now? We're so the fish. We're for those listening, Uh, we're watching the Fish Market Street Fight right now from two thousand and eight TNA Destination X. So Bub's going for a fish for shark Boys. Shark Boy's going for a net to let y'all know. Oh, Bubba's moving to the fish. Okay, Oh, shark Boy's got him in the net. Okay, Oh it's Curryman. Oh I saw the Oh okay, I'm sorry. I thought that was a fin on his head. Okay, so that's Christopher Daniels. Oh, yeah, now I see his eyes. Okay, good, and yeah he's he's uh oh he's dancing. Look at that. Yeah, Curry Man. I don't remember this gimmick ta.
Speaker 2: Dropping to the fish.
Speaker 1: I would die roa g gross gross. That is disgusting. Far as far away could be away from.
Speaker 2: Them, I don't think I could.
Speaker 1: You imagine you're so excited for a pay per view. You're a big TNA fan. You can't wait to see the Dudleys. Right, you buy a ticket, you're in the front row, you think you got good seats, and then they put a box of fish next to you, and you gotta smell it for like twenty minutes you got, which would linger probably for the next two hours because it stinks.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it sounds like it sounds like some of my earlier dates.
Speaker 1: But enough to travel Lodge. I want to get back to something that you said. You were saying that like the Vets looked at us as like the Blood and Guts company and too much and blah blah blah. I remember we did a house show one night, and uh we it was like a mixed tag. We did right, and we were doing all these like cool spots and this and that, and I mean we probably had like maybe five hundred to one thousand people in the building. It was the house show. Terry Taylor was there just visiting, and we come through the curtain and he stops us and he looks at all of us and he says, why'd you work so hard? I'll never forget this. It blew my mind. And I said, excuse me, and he goes, why'd you just work so hard out there? It's a house show. I couldn't wrap my head around that reasoning. And I said, point blank, I said, well, you know, I said, if we drew five hundred tonight. Maybe they'll tell a friend and maybe next time we come, we'll have a thousand people because we work hard. That's what we do here. And he goes, well, he goes when we do the loop, we just do the same match in every city and it's easy and we save our energy for TV. See now you're laughing. I you know, And I wasn't a VET at this time. I'm still kind of green, so I didn't want to argue with the guy, but I'm thinking, that kind of mentality is shit. Why would you live that way?
Speaker 2: We did something.
Speaker 3: I didn't learn about that in terms of doing stuff like that until I got to WWE, right, because a lot of the Vets from the eighties were still there.
Speaker 2: Late eighties, that.
Speaker 3: Is, and you know they had a lot of them had the same mentality because it was the old.
Speaker 2: School way of thinking. So the new.
Speaker 3: School way of thinking, like you were describing how you felt about it, hadn't really registered yet. It was just that, you know, let's get out, let's get through this match and get to the next town, and you know, get the TV with no injuries. And that's just the way it was. Yeah, But as as a couple, you know, sometime went on, you know some of the vets. You know, we would do somewhat similar the same match, but we would change a little bit up right, you know, to make it a little bit different because you never know who drove, you know, three four hundred miles to the next town, and you know you don't want them predicting what we had already done in the town the night before. So you know, it was always we changed it up a little bit, not too.
Speaker 2: Much, just a little bit.
Speaker 1: But that's and that's fine because we we would do like the same thing. We changed some spots here and there. But to say, why did you work so hard? To me, that's the first thing that came out of his mouth when we came in the back. Why'd you work so hard out there? And I'm thinking to myself, why wouldn't we work hard like they bought a ticket, just like you would buy a ticket if it was a pay per viewer or a TV taping.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Terry Taylor would actually agree with that method now, being that he is one of the producers and n XT and I say that because you know, you got to teach these kids. We have to work, work, hard for what they do, not just to get the TV. So I'm sure Terry Taylor is being a producer on the live events and this and that. I don't think he has that same mentality anymore, even though he's not wrestling. But again, I understand what he meant by that because that was the way they did things back then.
Speaker 2: Didn't they necessarily make it right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm sorry, necessarily make it wrong, but didn't necessarily make it right either. But that was just the way they were able to save their bodies, you know, because remember back then, being on the road for fifty days straight or forty to fifty days.
Speaker 2: Straight was normal.
Speaker 3: So they were home maybe three to four days, maybe a week if they were lucky, So you know, they were constantly traveling in out of cars, some airplanes and things like that, so they were really trying to conserve their body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not really, But I definitely understand both ways.
Speaker 3: Understand Terry's logic and thinking of it, and I definitely understand your way of lodge and thinking of.
Speaker 1: It, because that's what we did fifty five years ago when we were just starting out. We've been here for one hundred and eighty seven years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, h Fran Scene France, Scene Scene, Queen Extreme on Extremes odds up here, head head.
Speaker 4: The Queen Extreme Podcast odes up here, Hey head, It's the Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen of Extreme. Buy and the Legend. She is the woman nut your dreams legend on the scene Francine podcast. What you mean with your tram? Place to show you what you need You find the stand of Queens from the Beginning of time. Odds here our heart Radio shine only ahead and tell you a story from the wind. The legend odds up here, The Queen Nobody's like Frand Scene eyes up here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast eyes up here here.
Speaker 2: The Queen Extreme.
Speaker 4: Podcast pies up here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast pizes up here here The Queen Extreme Podcast Podcast