Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Welcome back to another episode of the Betting Pros NFL podcast. I'm your host, Dan Harris. With me, of course, is Matt Parol. You can find us on Twitter at Dan Harris, Hadian at Sports Talk Matt, Matt, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I am great. Week seven, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Before we do, let's talk very briefly about discord and the new discord. I don't know if it's a workspace or chat or whatever you want to call it. That Betting Pros has launched as of yesterday night already. I don't know, Matt, what the count was last time, at over two hundred people. Alrighty right.
Speaker 3: It's like a real time message board, is the best way I would describe it.
Speaker 1: Correct. Go to bettingpros dot com slash chat. You can join. You know, there's no subscription, there's no fear or anything like that. Just join a bunch of people who are interested in sports betting. You have a channel for every different type of betting that you want to do, every different type of sport, and within the NFL there's something specific two week seven you can do against the spread over under different types of things that you can talk about We're in there a lot. Matt and I will both probably hold chats, would kind of ask me any things. We'll be in there on Sundays talking about everything. Again, Betting pros dot Com slash Chat, it's awesome. We literally launched it last night and non stop just messages.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Just people want to talk, You want to talk betting, get inside. It's really it's a phenomenal thing. So again, Betting pros dot Com slash Chat. All right, as always, we're gonna get to every game that's on the slate this weekend. But let's talk about last weekend very quickly, and how frustrated I am. I went. I made nine bats last week, Matt against the spread and went seven and two, and the two that I lost were two of the ones that found their way into the contest. Matt and I went three and two, as we you have done. Is it four straight weeks now, Matt?
Speaker 3: It feels yeah, it kind of feels like that. I mean, I don't think we've had a losing week in a while, but we.
Speaker 1: Think we start. I think we went three and two, two and three, and then we've been three and two for the last four weeks. Yeah, think, which is not horrible.
Speaker 2: I mean no.
Speaker 3: But what's interesting about the way this contest and I wrote a little bit about it on you can see it on betting Pros. You can write you see the leaderboard I put it up on the book report for this week, is that they do it by percentages. It's not necessarily done by how many picks you have. Right So, like by my count, I think we're four games over five hundred.
Speaker 2: Does that sound like to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are seventeen and thirteen.
Speaker 3: So like we're just we're like two picks out of the money. Yeah, so we're not bad right now. We're in a good place. And really, if we get on any type of heater, here we go four and one, five and oh for a couple of weeks, we're gonna do a good job of jumping over a bunch of people. So I like where we are. We're lurking, but I think we're we're in decent position right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're one hundred and eighty third out of six and eighty nine. So that's good. And again we really don't need to avoid it. I felt like last week felt like a missed opportunity, in part because we decided to switch at a game that we would have gotten right, which was the Dolphins laying eight and a half to the Jets for the Patriots who were laying was it nine and a half?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So that takes me to the rules for this week. Okay, yes, so here are the new rules just for this week. We're gonna try this, Okay. What we decide on this podcast is what we're playing. No changing other than major major rules like a quarterback.
Speaker 2: It's COVID or something.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's the only time we're going to change it. But other than that, I think this is what happens. You talk yourself out of wagers and talk yourself out of things, and then you wind up going, man, why did I do that?
Speaker 2: Why did I change off of it?
Speaker 3: Where you and I were on it on the podcast, and then we got off of it beforehand due to we are worried about Ryan Fitzpatrick and it's it's the Jets.
Speaker 2: So we should never have gotten worried about the Jets.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, they did ben try and Fitzpatrick after this game, right, so we kind of had that right, not exactly.
Speaker 3: They didn't bench him for performance. Yeah, they benched him because they want to lose. They're mad and three.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's just very briefly recap the picks that we had. Again, we were on the right side of everything. One of the games we lost was a game really that we should have won. It was the Texans getting three and a half from the Titans. That was the right side. Okay, I don't care about how it wound up going, but that was a loss. The other one was the Patriots who lost out right, we just did not have that game correct. We loved the Steelers laying three and a half to the Browns. We loved the forty nine Ers getting three and a half from the Rams, and of course you know if it's a pick against the Bills that Matt absolutely loved the Chiefs laying three and a half to the Bills. So we got all those right. Wasn't a big sweat really for any of those. So let's pick it up here. As always, we're not going to do props because they don't come out right now. But Matt has the live stream on YouTube dot com slash Betting Pros. He always breaks everything down on Sunday mornings, so make sure you there. It is at eleven am. To twelve pm. All right, let's do what we like to do, which is you starting us off now? This is I will say this. Usually Matt texts me or messages me on Slack a few leans that he has just based on the lines. You did not do that this week. I don't know if that was intentional. Yes, it was, oh, okay, very good.
Speaker 2: So the reason is because I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to skew you at all, because because we're going to pick this, this is going to be our actual five selection, so I didn't want to give you any indication. It's like where I was going to get an actual, real reaction from you based on my picks and then we can really hash this out.
Speaker 2: So I guess it was intentional.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, then start us off, Matt. What's your what's your best bet for this week? What do you have?
Speaker 2: Now? I'm going to tell you this. I believe this game is.
Speaker 3: Going to be an absolute barn burner, and maybe calling it my favorite play might be a little bit high. It's the one play I like the most because I think the game is going to be the most exciting. I'm going to lay the one and a half with the Titans and have them over the Pittsburgh Steelers at home. And I think the injury to Bush is gigantic to the linebacking corps. I think Ryan Tannehill's numbers passing between ten yards and twenty yards, he's one of the best, if not the best, in the NFL right now. I know the AJ Brown news is not good that he was out of practice today, but I think he's gonna play. It sounds like it was just like a temporary thing for him. They're gonna run the ball. I know Pittsburgh gets after the quarterback, but I think when you can run the ball like Derrick Henry, their defense is good enough. I know Big Ben's been hot here, but this is a big game for the Titans at home. I know you just just said ugh, but I think this Titans team is gonna be able to put up. I think this is a Ryan Tannehill game. Ryan Tannehill beats the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there are a couple of things. Number One, the line that we are looking at in the DK contest is the Steelers laying one and a half to the Titans.
Speaker 2: Right, yep, all right?
Speaker 1: The line the current consensus line, which you can find o where Benningbros. Dot Com is now the Titans laying one and a half to the Steelers. Now, realistically that doesn't mean all that much.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it does to me. Plus one and a half is a lot better than mine as one and a half.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is, It's true, it is a better it is a better lie for sure. And now with that line, sixty one percent of experts are taking Pittsburgh. So the loss of Devin Bush is huge. Okay, it's a big loss to that defense.
Speaker 2: He's their quarterback.
Speaker 1: I get it, I understand, I understand. But you know what's also a big loss is the loss of Taylor Luan on that offensive line. I don't know. I you know, to me, Matt, and again, I watched them pretty closely. You know, they destroyed the Bills. That was fine. But last week, ma'am, they should have lost that game. They should have lost that game to a subpar Houston Texans team. I don't think the Titans are quite as good as they've shown, and maybe the Steelers aren't either. They haven't beaten that tough competition. But I don't know, man, I'll be honest when I was looking at the picks. I leaned a little bit. I don't love it, given that they're laying one and a half point, right, but I kind of like the Steelers, you.
Speaker 2: Mean, and we're not.
Speaker 3: Going dogs, all right, home dogs, man, This is the part of the season when you start looking at home dogs.
Speaker 2: Teams at home catching points matter.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll put that one to the side. I have I'm not I'm not. I at first when I first looked at it, I like the Steelers. As I've dug into it a little more, especially with the line moving, and I've sort of been like, oh boy, it has made me kind of try to dig in deeper into it. And again, the loss of Bush is pretty huge in that defensive right, he's kind of the quarterback. But it is something where it's not it's not one of my favorite plays. So let's put that one to the side. My favorite play, and I can't believe you didn't lead with this is the Bucks laying two and a half to the Raiders.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know they can't. You can't touch it. You just can't play. You can't touch it because you don't know what's going to happen. They all could be all cleared, all all them, the whole offensive line could play. I mean there are rumors in Vegas a time I was taping right now on Thursday. There is a time that everyone else but Trent Brown is testing negative on the offensive line.
Speaker 1: Two but Brown is not going to play right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they can.
Speaker 3: They can win that game even without Brown. I mean, it's the entire offensive line, I think, to be honest, I mean Abram is as big of a loss as Brown is. I mean, you need him in that to be that thumper as a safety in the back. Without him, they're a much different defense. So I mean, I just don't think you can touch this game either side.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal, man, I'll give them the offensive line. I'll give them the offensive line. I still because the consensus line has moved to minus four in light of all the offensive line issues. I still like the Bucks.
Speaker 2: You don't like the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Dave syrifp and I went over this game about two hours ago, we would be all over the Raiders if we knew the offensive line was playing. This is a bounce back spot in a big way. This is the super Bowl for John Gordon. This is the game on the schedule that when the schedule came out here in Vegas, the number one thing everybody said was, oh my Sunday Night football John Gordon against his former team that he took to the Super Bowl and won one a title with.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: You have too much faith in Johnny oh Man.
Speaker 2: Look, this team's better than people think.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm telling you Waller and the Jacobs and Rugs when he's healthy, cars playing incredibly well.
Speaker 2: Isn't there pick yet? I mean one pick this year? I think it is. I mean, this defense has some questions. I'll give it to you.
Speaker 3: But on the road, this is a classic letdown spot. After beating Green Bay the way that they did, score thirty eight points, you go on the road on the West Coast. This is a classic spot where Brady plays poorly, the Bucks fall down. If I was gonna bet this, I would be all over the Raiders. But I won't touch this game, man, even once we know, even once we know, I won't touch it because of the fact that no one's practiced since Monday. But the Titans have showed practice can be overrated.
Speaker 1: It's very true that practice can be overrated, absolutely right, I just think that the Bucks are a I think their defense is really legitimate. I think you saw it last week against the Packers. That was the first time Rogers saw a really legitimate defense. And you know what happened. I think their defense I don't that harangers. Yeah, I get it. It wasn't home although you like the Packers in that game didn't talk about it.
Speaker 3: And there are up ten nothing and then all of a sudden two pick sixes, and that's when you throw two pick sixes. Well, and I don't really think the first pick six wasn't really it was on Rodgers. That was a ridiculous throw going backwards to cross his body. I mean that was a dumb throw. So yes, I mean it was on Rogers. That wasn't on the defense per se. To me, that was all on the on the on the on.
Speaker 1: The legit man. Their defense is legit even without the demand.
Speaker 2: I agree. I mean that on paper and and legitimately.
Speaker 3: I mean that they can stop the run, which is first and foremost, and they can get up field, they can get after the quarterback. I look, I don't hate this. I got a bet on the over nine wins on the Bucks. I mean, I so I just cannot that game is no.
Speaker 1: Their offensive line is out, like the whole offensive line is out. Does that change your opinion?
Speaker 2: Probably? Yeah, I mean it's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying we have to pick it. I'm just wondering, like what.
Speaker 3: I just don't get. Here's here's what's happening. This is by the time this airs, I might be right on this. This game is not gonna get played.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna move to Monday.
Speaker 2: Potentially on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I think the move right now where we are, they have moved it to Sunday afternoon. They've swapped it out because they can't have no potential no game on Sunday night. No, I think they're going to do the whole thing where they go to Monday, because isn't it that like the don't They Raider? They can't get cleared until Sunday morning or something like that.
Speaker 3: So the five day they have the whole offensive line and abram Or in the high risk category in the NFL. And that's that new category now where you have a five day window where you can't be around anybody, and so they can be retested Sunday morning. This dates back to Monday. They can be around Sunday morning and then test negative and then potentially they could play on Monday or Tuesday. But I don't think on Sunday this game is getting played. Maybe gets played on Monday, but I don't know. I mean, the Bucks have to travel, and so like when do they travel, Do they travel on Monday? They travel on Sunday. They're not going to come here unless they know for sure the game is gonna get played.
Speaker 1: True. I think that's fair. I think that's fair. All right, so we'll put that one out. You know, not a good sign that our first two or you know we're going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Is this is why I want to This makes for a better podcast. It does.
Speaker 1: And just to be clear, I'm telling you, fear not go ahead and bet on the bugs if you can get it into two and a half. Certainly it's off the book.
Speaker 3: You can't bet anywhere in America right now. It's off the forward completely. So we don't even know what the line's gonna be when if it gets put back up again. It could be seven by the time it gets put back up.
Speaker 1: We get no clues why I love it at two and a half, babe, All right, go ahead, you're up, what's your next back?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So then the next couple of games I'm a little bit confused and a little bit concerned about.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'll just say it right now.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at bounce back spots, okay, and I think the Patriots are gonna be a team that are gonna be really angry. They practice for the first time on back to back days Wednesday and Thursday. That dates back to October first and seconds. The Patriots look so bad that I just can't see them getting beat by a forty nine ers team that's gonna be without without Mozart and all the injuries that they have suffered. They're coming across the country again.
Speaker 2: This is like the four the.
Speaker 3: Time for the forty nine ers coming across the country here, and I think this team for the Patriots, it's only it's under three points. Just basically win the football game. The line in the Circa contest is one and a half. I would have preferred it to be one and a half than two and a half, but I'm still comfortable under a field goal taking the Patriots to beat the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna put that in the maybe category because I don't hate it. I don't hate it. It's a weird one, Matt. I'm trying to. I mean, do we throw out last week as just the you guys didn't practice and so they just weren't really ready to play.
Speaker 3: They had more to do with the fact that the offensive line was not even a shell of what it will be coming up on Sunday. They just had just a complete and everybody was out of position. I mean, Isaiah Win can't play left tackle, okay, the guy from first round pick out of Georgia, he was on skates. Every time he was on the left edge. They just blitzed chub at him and then just he couldn't stop anybody. So and then the lack of practice. You know, Matt Chatham was a ex patriot, won three championships Works for Ness and went through this whole progression of about twenty plays about what happened with Cam Newton. And when you don't practice, you don't know where your receivers are going to be. When you're pressured, your brain's not working, it's working too fast, and you don't see where you know your normal practice is. Okay, pressures coming from the left I have an outlet to the right. Newton played horribly. He just he flat out played awful and so yes, so today he beat up on himself saying, I was awful that that loss was on me. So I think this is going to be an energized and angry team. James White missed practice again today, so that's not great for the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Do we know about that? Was it personal or was it an injury or what?
Speaker 2: We don't know yet.
Speaker 3: It's just he missed practice. And I'm just concerned about COVID. Whenever someone misses practiced that I'm like, uh, are they back with COVID problems? But he miss practices isn't good. But I think the Patriots have enough in that backfield. I think Harris will continue to develop for them. You know that they they're gonna get Sony Michelle back off the COVID list, which is good. They got Burkehead as well. I just think this is a team in the forty nine or is it? It's just asking a lot and Forran Garoppolo is not played great and the Patriots know the Garoppolo. I mean, come on now, you can't lose to the guy that you traded away.
Speaker 1: I do think that this is the right side of this game, and I'm actually a little surprised a sixty four percent of the experts on bettingpros dot com are also with Patriots. It's the sharper side, you know. It is something where the classic kind of Bilo el high Rams coming off forty nine Ers who we liked against the Rams coming off that big win, that Patriots being embarrassed. But yeah, you know that they're gonna take away Kittle because that's you know, that's their thing without mostert, I don't know who's going out there, whether it's McKinnon, whether it's Jamichael Hasty or Jeff Wilson, it's not the same. They're not gonna have the song. So I do think that their defense is going to be able to be good. So I'll put that in the maybe and the lean towards yes category. So that's probably one that we're gonna get in. So I like So my next game should tell you all you need to know about how I feel about the slate, which is I don't love it. But my next favorite is the Seahawks laying three and a half points to the Cardinals. Now it's a home dog, so you've got to be like, no, this is not what we're talking about. Here's how I go.
Speaker 2: It's a home dog primetime now too.
Speaker 1: That's right, it is in primetime. Although that doesn't change I don't even did Arizona have fans.
Speaker 2: They cannot believe, but I think that they can have light it.
Speaker 1: Really, it doesn't matter. They can have fans, they can not have fans. I think that the car Look, we've talked about the Cardinals probably more than any other team on this because we've just bounced back and forth how we feel about them so many times. I don't know about you, Matt, I was not particularly impressed. I realized that they dominated the Cowboys. That was to me much more about the cowboys ineptitude than you know. Kyler Murray completed nine passes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean all of his yards were on two passes, right, So.
Speaker 1: You know he is going to run like crazy. He's gonna be great. But you've got a short week. You've got the Seahawks coming off a bye. I get that the Cardinals have been a bit better defensively of late, but still, you know, Russell Wilson, we always talk about it. You don't want to bet against Russell Wilson. I think they come out firing here. I think this is a letdown spot for the Cardinals. So for me, I'll take even though it's, you know, the hook with the hook, I still like the Seahawks laying three and a half.
Speaker 2: All right, So let'll give you some numbers here. Okay.
Speaker 3: So Seattle's four and one against the spread so far this year. The Cardinals are four and two against the spread. They've covered their last two by pretty big margins. They were seven point favorites against the Jets and they won the game by twenty. They were one point dogs to Dallas and they won by twenty eight. So they're playing they're trending in the right direction. But if you see who the Cardinals have played here. Okay, So the win over the forty nine ers was impressive, and that was like the first like ooh, but Washington, Detroit, Carolina, the Jets, and the Cowboys, all right, that stinks out loud. That is not exactly someone I would be literally going to war with saying that they're a good football team. On top of the fact that, look, I don't think this defense is nearly as good as they are on papernumber two right now. In points allowed per game, eighteen point seven points per game. Now, that's who they're playing, right They're given up five point two yards per game. The passing attack is where I think I'd be a little bit concerned here because, as we know, eight point three yards of pass completed by Seattle, that's second best in the league. You got six point one yards given up by Arizona. I just don't think the Cardinals defense is very good, and I'm not so sure that our offense is all that good. Nah, I say, yeah, play it. This is when this is on my list, Go ahead and ink on this one.
Speaker 1: Inc. It is in Seahawks playing three and a half.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I like it, it's in prime time because you get Russell Wilson in prime That's true.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's fair, that's fair and ads. So yeah, this just again, this is you know, if I have to, it's sort of like the way you feel a little bit about Mahomes, Like backing Russell Wilson is just kind of a comforting feeling. But I also really don't mind going against the Cardinals right now. So who's your number three here?
Speaker 2: So my number three.
Speaker 3: I mean one was Titans, two was the Patriots, and then we get into kind of a little bit of a yuck situation. I think Cleveland against the Bengals. I believe that Cleveland beats bad teams. They don't beat good teams, and the Bengals are a bad football team. And I'm actually surprised the numbers this low at only three and a half points here, because I think Baker Mayfield's pretty angry, and he talked about being four and two and this is the worst. We feel like we're two and four, not four and two. And I just don't think the Bengals are very good, to be quite honest. And this is again a chance for the Browns to run up a score, beat up on an in state opponent. So I like Cleveland mines three and a half.
Speaker 1: So I'm on that side. I will say that, but I agree we're getting yuck. You know in this point, I am on that side. You know, the hook makes me a little nervous. Mayfield being banged up makes me a little nervous. You heard now, Jarvis Landry apparently is dealing with whatever he's got his rib injury in addition to the hip injury makes me a little nervous, but they've got to be so embarrassed. Ye at this point, right, you.
Speaker 2: Can get my trends though.
Speaker 3: I look for teams coming back off embarrassing performances, but on all of them except for the Titans, like all my pigs right now, are teams in bounce back spots, and I just think this is another one with Cleveland. They're getting blown up by thirty one points to the Steelers that I mean again, they get to take out their frustrations on a team that stinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't love divisional games generally speaking, but I am on the brown side on this one. That's a definite. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but so that's in the maybe category right now. I'm not against it. I'm not against it. We're on the same side of it, least we could say that. And we don't know about Joe Mixon, by the way, he may be out for this game. He hasn't practiced yet this week. He's got some sort of foot injury. There are no details on it, So yeah, I could see it as a bounce back spot.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: The injuries worry me a little bit on their offense, but I do think again. You could probably ride Kareem Hunt all day every day and you'll be probably fine this one. So we'll put it in the maybe. Okay, all right, let's get to my next one. Boy, Okay, my next favorite pick is disgusting. But Panthers getting seven and a half points from the Saints. Now it's in New Orleans. That is scary. The Saints are off of bye. I don't like that. But we talked about Teddy Bridgewater where you wouldn't let me pick against him. You know, half the time Teddy does cover as an underdog. He's Teddy covers a little bit. You're getting more than the touchdown here. I do not expect Michael Thomas to play.
Speaker 2: That's the key.
Speaker 1: I'm I could be wrong, but I do not expect him to play. There are multiple things happening here with Thomas. Not only does he have this hamstring injury, but there is this weird kind of bad blood brewing.
Speaker 2: Ankle injury too. He's got both.
Speaker 1: He's coming from the angle injury. It looked like he was probably ready to be over the ankle injury, and now he's heard his hamstring as well. This does not strike me as a game that he's gonna plan. I think the Panthers are. The big thing is the Saints defense is not quite as dominant as we expect it to be now They've dealt with injuries, Marshawn Latimore hasn't played that well. I do think that the Panthers are going to be able to keep it close. It strikes me as a game I think the Saints will win with or without Thomas, but I do think that the Panthers are going to be able to put up points here. Again without the fans, New Orleans is not the same, and I do think they're gonna be able to keep it at least within a touchdown. So when I'm getting that hook over a touchdown, I'm willing to take the Panthers to cover here.
Speaker 3: If Thomas doesn't play, this can be in a maybe category for me, So I'm willing to listen to this all right.
Speaker 2: A couple of reasons.
Speaker 3: Carolina is averaging seven point eight yards per pass with Joe Brady's offense six point nine yards per pass given up by New Orleans, So you're gonna throw in this defense. You can't run in these guys three point six yards per for rush that's fourth best in the NFL right now. But the Carolina Panthers don't really run right now. Without Christian McCaffery. They're not running the ball a whole heck of a lot anyway, So they're gonna throw. This is gonna be a high scoring game, kind of a back and forth game. And you know, but one thing that's sort of surprising a little bit with New Orleans is that in the beginning of the year, you thought they were gonna be able to just put up numbers on anybody. That really hasn't happened. They're two and four against the number so far, all right, so they beat Tampa and covered in week one, but since then they're one in three against the number, and they lost to Vegas, they lost to Green Bay, and then they didn't cover last week against the Chargers here, So I am I'm willing to listen to this and if we need this, if we don't come up with five that we love, I'm willing to go with this because of the seven and a half and a Thomas injury on top of that.
Speaker 1: So what if we know that Thomas is gonna play, is it office?
Speaker 3: If Thomas plays, I'm scared of it only because he changes everything they do.
Speaker 1: He does. But if even if he plays, and again right now it's just Thursday, just reading the t I don't expect him to play. But even if he does, there's no way he's gonna be one hundred percent. There's no way he's gonna be out there for every snap.
Speaker 2: And hamstrings are so tricky.
Speaker 1: Too, exactly. Any soft tissue injury, especially for receiver is tough. By the way, I will point out the last two games that we have talked about, the Browns laying three and a half to the Bengals and the Panthers getting seven and a half from the Saints. Our experts at Penningbros. Dot Com are exactly fifty to fifty on it. Wow, exactly fifty to fifty. So again that doesn't you know, Matt and I make our own decisions. We're part of the people who put in the picks into this. But yeah, they're close. But yeah, I all right, So that's a game that I like.
Speaker 2: But I guess you know what, you can take it because it's on my list.
Speaker 3: It's further down than I thought, but I've got Carolina plus seven and a half, so you can put that in there as a yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's keep talking through. But I think these last two are both two that can definitely you know, are are under consideration. So let's go to your next one, because I'm starting to run out of games that I am like, yeah, all right, I feel this one, but go ahead, okay.
Speaker 3: So I want to know all about the Jets here, yep, tell me how you feel about your Jets.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like if Sam Darnold does not play, and it sounds like he is going to play, right, but if he didn't play this I was I wasn't even gonna bring this up because it's the Bill, and I know you hate the Bills, but I would. I would happily, even though the spread has gone down. I'd happily take the Bills laying really half against Flaca.
Speaker 2: Really no no, with Donald playing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no no, that is with Flacca, with Flacco playing, I would happily take the thirteen and a half with Donald playing. It's kind of been a game where I'm not gonna let you talk me into taking the Jets, but I would.
Speaker 3: I would because I was like, it's on my list of Jets play thirteen and a half.
Speaker 1: I figure it's probably the right side.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's probably the right side.
Speaker 1: Although I will say that Jameson Crowder downgraded on Thursday too, did not practice. If Jameson Crowder is out, I don't even know what to say at this point. I don't know who they're going to. I mean, you know, he's got such a high target chair in a normal week, even with Donald I I'll probably I'll stay away. But I just, Matt, what is there about the Jets that could ever make you feel like this is a team I don't care about the point spread that I'm willing to back under any circumstance.
Speaker 2: It's the NFL. They pay their players too.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we know the bills of course looked terrible. You've been enjoying it. They haven't looked good for two games. But don't you think that this is a game where they take out all their frustrations. They are much superior team, whatever you think about them, to the Jets. Don't you think this is a game where they just take out their frustration. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe, but then they pull everybody in the third quarter. In the fourth quarter of the Jets cover I mean fourteen points.
Speaker 1: Back the Jets to be able to put up a couple of.
Speaker 3: Points surest against you know, third string dudes. I mean, I mean, fourteen points in the NFL is ridiculous. It is a stupid number. That's like next week the Jets are catching twenty one from the Chiefs in points spread. Since nineteen eighty eight, when they've been twenty points or more, there's been six of them. They're one in five against the spread.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't have I mean, no matter how bad a team is, you just get garbage back door covers all the time.
Speaker 2: It's just like you're gonna fall into one.
Speaker 1: I think we maybe at the point where the Jets are able to break all models of efficiency. They're basically taking and they're terrible. I so, look, assuming Donald plays, which I am assuming right now because things are trending up, I think that the Jets are probably, you know, certainly the value lays with the Jets getting thirteen and a half, you've already seen the consensus line drop. It's already minus twelve at one point and dropped to miss eleven. Then I think the crowdter injury maybe made things a little nervous. But either way, no way. I will not. I will not back the Jets in this contest, in this game. So that's a note for me. So I'm staying away from it. If anything, if you were like Dan, I'm willing to jump on the bills here, I'm finally back on track to be like yeah, fired up, but no, even with Sam Darnold, I'm out there, all right. I've got one game, Matt the left where I like, you know, I have a couple of okay, Leans, I guess, but there's another one where I might be willing to take it. If you liked it, I'm actually just injur I'm just gonna throw it to you. How do you feel about Green Bay laying three and a half points to the Texans in Houston?
Speaker 2: I'm on the other side, you're.
Speaker 1: On You like the Texans?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I like Texans at home. I think there's I know there's a bounce back spot coming potentially, but in October, if you look at the numbers for Deshaun Watson as an underdog even I mean sorry, at home in October, Deshaun Watson's played very well at home. I don't like the Texans like you like you clearly no. I mean I can't stand them personally, but if I had to bet this game, I would take the hook and take the three and a half. Okay, home dog, home dogs are have my attention here in October.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. I mean I think that the Texans are going to be able to put up points. I think the Packers are going to be able to put up a lot of points. I think you're going to see them have a major bounce back game offensively given what they've been able to do to subpar defenses in the past. So I think there's a big bounce back spot for the Packers. I'm on them. I don't love it with the hook again.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean yeah, I mean I think if we got to three, I might like it better. But it's interesting because course, I mean, Houston is one in five against the spread right now and the green Bay Packers are four and one, So, I mean green Bay has done a pretty good job here out of the gate, even though it's a home dog situation. I mean it's you know, the only time that the Texans covered was against Jacksonville when they covered by sixteen. Everything else they have lost to win.
Speaker 1: And remember that game against Jacksonville, they shouldn't have covered, like if they had a kicker, right, if Jacksonville had, well.
Speaker 3: I teased did they would have covered anyone because the line was six and a half, but I teased it to eleven and a half.
Speaker 2: So my teaser what hit would have hit? Right, But they still.
Speaker 3: Would have covered even with the two field goals for Jacksonville. But it would have changed Jacksonville's approach as to how they were trying to score. But so, I mean, I don't know, Okay, maybe I I might listen. I mean, if we need it. Fading the Texans, I don't mind. Okay, I don't mind putting as you think.
Speaker 1: I do think that they they do look better since firing Bill Brown. I mean, I think you've seen a couple things, and again, their schedule lightened up, you know, basically, but this.
Speaker 2: Is a tough game though. I think Green Bay I mean yeah, I mean they were embarrassed.
Speaker 1: They're coming off a game where they're embarrassed. Their secondary is still pretty good. The Texans don't really have the type of run game that can exploit what the Packers look like.
Speaker 3: If it's my narrative right in about spots, So I mean to go back with Green Bay. I got burned last week, but I think it's a bounce back spot for sure against a pretty poor defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just kind of how I feel. I think this is a spot where they're gonna be able to put up a ton of points. There's absolutely a possibility of a backdoor cover here. But I think the Packers are going to win this game, and I think that you know, it's going to be something where it would have to probably. I feel like the only way the Texans are going to do it if it's like a last minute kind of touchdown to get within three or something like that. So for me, I feel like the Packers are the right side of this, but I'm not married to it by any means. I will say that eighty one percent of the experts it's the most heavily one sided game with a three and a half point spread, are on the Packers. Yeah, and again that that didn't factor in. I only look at this right before we start recording, so I could have it up and see, you know, whether or not it does. But I do think the Packers are the right side here.
Speaker 3: So room Bays giving up seven point two yards per pass play right, Yeah, oh I get it.
Speaker 2: Gosh, that's time. But so was Houston. Houston is giving a same point two as well.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, right exactly. I just I have less faith in Houston. And again, I think it was good for the Packers, as as Rogers said, to get their butt kicked a little bit and kind of snap them back into reality. You are not this dominant team that's going to roll over everybody, but you can roll over the Texans.
Speaker 2: I don't think you may have talked into this. I mean I think I may I may well agree with that.
Speaker 1: We'll put in the maybe maybe what else you got mad? Because I'm I'm I've got like slight leams.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, cause I hate everything else.
Speaker 1: So no, I hate everything else too, So why let's just talk about the game.
Speaker 3: Let's I hate to hate the rest of this card because there's Dallas, Washington, Detroit, Atlanta, you kid, well.
Speaker 1: Let's talk. Let's talk about what the spreads are. And I'm not giving you a side. I'm just laying out The favorites start and I'll be like, I'm on the other side. There is no side. I'm like the Lions where okay, the Falcons laying two and a half points to the Lions in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I mean, how do you trust Atlanta to do anything? How do you I mean they're at home to below a field goal. Matt Ryan looks completely washed up. I mean, you want to go with Atlanta here? It feels like Atlanta's the right side to go on with this. But Atlanta right now is two and four against the spread. Detroit's two and three against the spread. They did cover against Jacksonville on the road last week, but it's back to back road games. Thankfully, they're back in a dome that helps the Lions.
Speaker 1: No point, that's right, that's right. I think if I was forced to, I mean, you can't, like, you can't feel comfortable backing either one of these teams no matter what. Like there's no way you want to back Matt Patricia, there's no way you want to back the Falcons. I guess I might go with the Lions. I mean, they did change things up a little bit. They got swift, more involved, they blitzed a little more last week. Things like that are good. But still no, so that's just stay away, So we're not going to go there. I do lean the lines. If I had to go one way. Washington in the contest is laying half a point to the Cowboys, and in our consensus lines, it's now the Cowboys laying one to Washington. So any feeling on that one.
Speaker 2: I would take the Cowboys miss one.
Speaker 1: Don't think, well, I'm certainly staying away from this game. I'm certainly staying away.
Speaker 2: So here, here's how we see this.
Speaker 3: So if Chase Young decides to destroy Andy Dalton for four quarters, then they're gonna have a real tough time of it. If Andy Dalton actually can hit somebody in stride and actually hit an open receiver, okay, maybe they can play. Because the Washington defense is not very good outside of their defensive front.
Speaker 2: So that's my concern. Zeke's not gonna run the ball.
Speaker 3: They're gonna They're gonna do a you know, a great job of stocking stop An Elliott, So he's not. I mean, I like, I look at Elliott's rushing props this this week, this week, saying under for him, right, But I don't know what to make of the Dallas Cowboys offense as a whole, given the secondary and then on the other side, I mean, my goodness, gracious, want a mess that a Washington team is. I mean, although they did play hard against the Giants, I mean.
Speaker 1: They did so if I if I had to choose, I would go Washington. But I'm not. I'm not putting as as kind of iffy as we feel about these other games that we're talking about. I wouldn't want to roll with Washington in the game. I just I do think that their injuries to their offensive line for the Cowboys, that Dalton is not going to have the time to find his receivers. And I agree that Zeke is not gonna be able to get too much done on the ground. There's gonna be a lot of dump offs to Zeke like there was in this past game. I just don't know if the Washington offense has enough firepower to put up the points to put the game out of reach to the extent where the Cowboys won't be able to at least keep it close and then pull it out at the end. So I don't like either side of it. If I did have a side, it would have to be Washington. But it's not saying much Chiefs slaying nine and a half to the Broncos in Denver.
Speaker 3: See if it wasn't a divisional game. If this was seven, I would take the Chiefs in two seconds. Yep, it's nine and a half in it's a divisional game, and I just what do you think, realistically, what do you think Le'Veon Bell is going to do in that offense?
Speaker 1: First of all, do we know that Bell is active in this game?
Speaker 2: Because not Yeah, but he can play. He's allowed to play.
Speaker 1: He's allowed to play.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I did see something like I think it was yesterday that said like Bell may not be active for this game. I don't. I look, I'm sure was disinterested when he played because the was terrible. I am confident that the team had absolutely no idea how to use him this year. I think he'll probably be rejuvenated to start, but I don't think he has that much left in the tank because he just I mean I just watching him run. Unless he literally was like I'm just not going to give a hundred percent after at all, which is possible. He just looked slow, like there were there were yards left out there when he could have gained a lot more. And again it might have just been like who cares. This team is a train wreck. I'm not going to risk myself for this, but I think he'll add something to them because I think he's better than Daryl Williams. But I don't think that he is a game chander in any way. And Clyde Edwards Hilaire looked great. I mean, he looked great last week. He's a talented running back. So does he add a little bit, Yeah, but it doesn't move the needle much for me.
Speaker 3: I would agree, And so that's why nine and a half points is. If I had to take it, I would take Denver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Denver is probably the right side, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't do it like I just I mean, you saw it with Drew Locke. Good goodness, gracious, you need everything possible to lose that game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You great for three quarters. Yeah, he did everything he was supposed to do. And then he got pushed and pressured, and then they got to crunch time. And then what did Pat Shermer decide to do by asking him to throw a ball at all, let alone just call a pass play period was ridiculous. And then him the photoball deep and allow the Patriots to intercept that football and nearly, I mean, they should have lost the game. Nineteen eighteen if that had happened, what's this line?
Speaker 2: Really? If they lost to the Patriots, what's this right?
Speaker 1: So you're you're right, yeah, I in Denver makes me a little nervous given that it's the divisional game. So I agree, we're we're kind of staying.
Speaker 2: Oh they hate the Chiefs there, man, that that's a circle game for them. They just threw all over it.
Speaker 1: All right, So Chargers laying seven and a half points to the Jaguars in lost at No wait.
Speaker 2: Is it in in La okay? Oh no, no, no, sorry this hostage. No, no, it's not. It's in cause in Jacksonville, right, because the Rams are home against the Bears.
Speaker 1: Right, the Rams are That's why I actually had it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's why I yeah, no, it's that.
Speaker 1: They're both playing in Los Angeles, all right. Anyway, Chargers like seven and a half points to the Jaguars in La If.
Speaker 3: I had to take it to be the Chargers, but I don't trust the Chargers right now with all their injuries, no skin.
Speaker 1: Nor do I no move on Rams laying Oh well this is the unless you're taking the Bears I know this is a paralta. The Rams laying five and a half points to the Bears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the contest, if I had to take it, I would I would bet the Bears. I think the Bears might win the game out right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, it's funny because I was talking to some of our guys of fans pros to be fair, they want you know, they both are Bears fans. One of them is a more optimistic Bears fan than the other. But he was saying that he thought the Bears were gonna win and I and he might take them out right.
Speaker 2: I don't lie.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not taking either side of this game. I you know, like I've been like the foremost Bears backer of this hole right, Like, yeah, we could go. You're like, why are you trusting the Bears. We're not trusting the Bears. I'm like, no, that's fine, but this game, no, definitely not. I'm not going there. So, I mean, we have our five Matt, we don't love them. We've got the Pats lank two and a half to the Niners, which we're good with, yep. The Seahawks laying three and a half to the Cardinals, which we're both really good with. Ye Then we start getting into games that we're like, okay, maybe, which are the Browns laying three and a half to the Bengals? Done, I'm good, Okay, you're good with that. The Panthers getting seven and a half from the Saints, I'm good, okay. And really a game that you were on the other side of when we first started talking about it, the Packers laying three and a half to the Texas.
Speaker 3: So, Packers, you're more confident in the Packers covering on the road than you are the Titans getting points at home.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, because that's your number one game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna let you make that call.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, I'm making the call though. Yeah, now I'm.
Speaker 2: Making that call. I'm good, Packers, Okay, I'm good, man.
Speaker 1: This is gross okay. So again, I'll just recap that Pat's laying two and a half to the forty nine ers, Seahawks laying three and a half to the Cardinals, Panthers getting seven and a half from the Saints, Browns laying three and a half to the Bengals, and the Packers lanth three and a half to Texans. That's on me, we go South, that's on me, all right.
Speaker 3: Road favorites we're going with road favorites in the week Saday.
Speaker 1: Basically exactly what you said you didn't want to do. You're like, I'm in for home dogs this week.
Speaker 3: But it's a great I'll bet them you and we can pick them. I'm going it on both sides.
Speaker 1: All Right. I feel terrible about all this, but it's gonna be great, okay. As always follow us on Twitter at Dan Harris ati at Sports Talk Matt. We will if anything happens where we change, we will let you know.
Speaker 2: No, we can't change. Only.
Speaker 3: The only thing we can change is if there's massive COVID issues or massive injuries.
Speaker 2: That's the only one.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If there's that, we will let you know on our Twitter feed. Do not forget to check out our new Discord channel that's at bettingpros dot com.
Speaker 3: Every primetime game, I'll be in the Daily Juice channel on Discord. I'll be there, so not for Sunday or Saturday, but the primetime Saturday Night games and Sunday Night Games, World Series, Monday nights. Anytime we got a standalone primetime game, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: At Bettingpros dot com slash Chat. I'll be in there to talk them on yourselves, talk with us, do everything you want. It's a great community right now, all different channels, and again you can find all these lines over at Benningpros dot com. And don't forget to check out Matt's Sunday morning live stream from eleven am to twelve pm Eastern Time, YouTube dot com slash Betting Pros where he goes through every game. We'll give you some props, all that good stuff. Until then, I will talk to you next week on this podcast. Good luck this weekend with all your wagers.