Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Tecat and Hearty, who live from Studio C see Senior.
Speaker 3: Hey, We're in a dimly lit room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound and on a busy news Wednesday. We're under the tutelage of our general manager. Who else? Trump? Trumpety Trump Trump.
Speaker 4: So in the last twenty hours since we last talked to you, they've fired half the Department of Education Ukraine has agreed to a cease fire, the tariffs.
Speaker 3: Saraphors have begun. That's right.
Speaker 1: Tarff's kicked in at midnight, and Trump bought a red, bright, red s plaid tesla.
Speaker 3: All that's happened in the last twenty hours. There you go, you're up today.
Speaker 1: There you go. Anything you need to know? Wowser's I was just reading a morning newsletter that I like to read every day. In what might be a first ever, literally every Wall Street Journal editorial today is critical of Trump's policies.
Speaker 3: Every single Wall Street Journal editorial. They think that's the first time that's ever happened. Fairly devastating, yes, depending on your take. Yeah, yeah, so you know, it doesn't mean they're right. But and then you've got the thing I mentioned about Ukraine has agreed to the.
Speaker 1: Ceasefire plan, no idea if Russia has any interest whatsoever in this, I guess we'll find out, hopefully when they are a counterpart that has never ever argued in good faith, so that should be spicy, right. Yeah, Hopefully we're about to see the other side of this where they pressure the Russians to come to the table and here's what will happen to you if you don't play ball. Hopefully we're about to see that. I'm not sure that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Did see a.
Speaker 1: Business report about Russia's economy that we're going to play later, But Russia currently has something like forty percent inflation.
Speaker 3: Well that's inconvenient.
Speaker 1: And like if you want to buy a house, it's thirty five percent interest. That sort of thing is going on in Russia, and so there's some belief that they can't, you know, he can't hold out forever on this war with that economic reality, and so perhaps he's feeling the pressure.
Speaker 3: I don't know who knows. I've been hearing that, I feel like for three years that their economy was devastated and there's no way they could continue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a complex stew of of what ifs, because it's it's a difficult country to get a grip on the various dynamics that would be at play, whether it's popular support.
Speaker 3: Or the actual economic realities.
Speaker 1: And to what extent are the oligarchs pissed off? Because Putin's control depends on the loyalty of the oligarchs mostly, you know, to what extenter is security forces effective? And there are just tons and tons of question marks. That's why they you know, they talk about criminologists who are able to you know, gaze through the swirling mists of Russian politics to figure out what the heck's actually going on.
Speaker 3: Looking up at the headline on CBS education Department slashing workforce.
Speaker 1: No, no, there's gonna be no education in America. Kids won't learn to read or write.
Speaker 3: Right Here's they aren't. Yeah, exactly, here's a secret they're not. Now.
Speaker 1: Partly of education just doles out piles of money for districts that comply with whatever federal whim comes down The Pike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's something. Well, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know, it's such an interesting mixed bag. And for new listeners, first of all, welcome, whether you love Trump or hate him or somewhere in between. We will give you an update on how things are going. I for one, am thrilled with ninety eight percent of the immigration stuff, and any of the stuff that's a little excessive or a little fast, the courts will deal with.
Speaker 3: It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Just love that, love the doge stuff, love the reign, and in the Department of Education, which barely needs to exist. There's so many things I love, but I join with you know, the now I don't join with exactly, but I'm sympathetic to the Wall Street Journal editorial board and other folks who are saying, not just that I think these tariffs are a mistake, because not everybody's saying that, but they're saying, we don't know what he's doing and he won't tell us right, and whip sawing American businesses back and forth is just it's not a good thing.
Speaker 3: And I am concerned.
Speaker 1: Color me concerned but not certain, which makes me a bad talk show host. You have to be one hundred percent certain about every topic every second. Anyway, I am afraid that the not great stuff is going to derail our ability conservative America.
Speaker 3: To do the really, really, really good stuff.
Speaker 1: And some of it seems a little quick and unnecessary, but we will all find out together.
Speaker 3: Friends.
Speaker 1: Eggs are up sixty percent since last year. Oh no, my omelet cost one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I eat an egg a month, So maybe I'm the wrong person to be commenting on the egg situation. Oh I do love eggs. I like them too, not enough. If you're eating them once a month, you're a fake egg fan. You're to please. You know what I had yesterday? That was good, Michael. I know you're not supposed to eat stuff like this with your diabetes. You had a mcfluury. I did have a mcflory, But before I had the mcfluory, that wasn't even the headline, Michael, I had a.
Speaker 1: Quarter pounder with cheese. I took a I hadn't had one in a while. I took a bite of vent. Dang, that's a good sandwich.
Speaker 2: Whoo.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they put in that crack or whatever, but thats a good sandwich. Well, let me jot this down real quickly. What's that restaurant you're recommending McDaniels McDonald's. So my son and I got into a conversation about it, and I started googling some stuff.
Speaker 3: There are.
Speaker 1: Thirteen thousand McDonald's in the United States. That's an extraordinary number, yes, because obviously if you had is nearly ubiquitous, keep the revelations coming. But if you had a one hundred per state, you'd only have five thousand. I mean, that's that's a stunning number. Well, right in some of your states, like Wyoming's got thirty people, So how many how many McDonald's do you need? I mean a real seven in a big state like you. But that's a lot of McDonald's. It's just incredible. And I was doing the math, and it's so much bigger than all the other joints. Like I looked at Burger Kings, like a third of that, that's the closest competitor.
Speaker 3: Wendy's is a fourth of that. So nobody's been close.
Speaker 1: And I was in there and were eaten and they play they got the music that I assume that some corporate genius chooses to try to please the client tell and the seventies classic hit rain Drop Keep Falling on Your Head came on and I thought, hmmm, who is the audience? Who's who's eating at McDonald's. That's when I started doing the research and everything like that. Is you got to be at least my age to know that song. It's well, it's a it's a classic jack people don't I mean, Katie around the track clock and I wasn't around Katie.
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with rain drops keep falling on your hand? Are you familiar with that on my head?
Speaker 1: They're falling on somebody. It's not That's not the point of the conversation. Who's who's the pate is getting rain on it? It's not the point. That's not the key question, right anyway, Katie?
Speaker 3: But go ahead? Did you have morey? Do you know that song? Did you say? I was? I was cracking wise okay, sorry, but I was just sick.
Speaker 1: That is such a good dang sandwich. It doesn't taste anything like a hamburgers. Moving back to the now, As we mentioned many times over the years, it doesn't taste anything like a hamburger, and that's what allegedly is but is so delicious, and then we both had Shamrock mcfluory's.
Speaker 3: Also a delicious dessert. This is very much.
Speaker 1: Like President Trump flogging Tesla's on the South Lawn. This is untoward, This is unethical. Have you been paid by the Burger Giant? What's happening here? But they are driving everybody to the automated screen when you walk in the door.
Speaker 3: They want everybody to do that.
Speaker 1: They still have a clerk there, you know, see the podcast from yesterday. They haven't gone Silicon Valley and just immediately abandoned having a human being there. So everybody's standing around trying to get the menu to word and I order from the person there.
Speaker 3: I still do that. And I said, is there anybody like that's not my age that doesn't order up here? And they said, now all the young people use the screen, so it's only old people to walk up and talk to a human beings say they want their quarter pound with cheese with onions, so lame. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just hope Trump's tariffs don't affect those weird little onions.
Speaker 3: I think we import those from Belgium that killed a bunch of people a couple weeks back.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, Hey, everybody makes mistakes, but the screen thing is that driven by the minimum wage. That's what the that and technology getting cheaper. But yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. It's a question of one cost is decreasing while the other is art officially through government FIAT increasing. Yes, So, as we mentioned earlier, in fact, Katie, I was going to urge you to bring that story back. What the latest study says how many fast food jobs have been lost in California since the gift, the blatant gift to the union that Gaviy Newsom's law was sixteen sixteen thousand people are now out of work, and it's worth pointing out that these are the oft to mentioned most vulnerable. Yeah, well, you probably don't have a lot of other job opportunities if you're working at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Probably right, it's not your first choice.
Speaker 1: You could have, you know, been a programmer or an executive VP at IBM, but you chose to go to McDonald's.
Speaker 3: No, and it's worth driving this point.
Speaker 1: Thousand people that were willing to show up to work for that wage prior the old wage and State of California force is a new wage.
Speaker 3: Now they don't have a job at all.
Speaker 1: It is worth driving home if you're feeling groggy or slow of wit. That that illustrates so beautifully the cruel hypocrisy of a Gavin Newsom who jabbers on and on about standing up for the little guy and BIPOC people and the poor and whatever. But if he could do something to shovel more power towards the powerful unions, he sacrificed those sixteen thousand poor people and laughed while he did it.
Speaker 3: He's a piece of guard. Wow. How else? Yeah, shut up? How else would you describe.
Speaker 1: Somebody who's that blatantly cruelly hypocritical piece of crap?
Speaker 3: Is the on air version, that's the PG version. There's more.
Speaker 1: We got to start the show officially around it's going off. Things have gotten out of control. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Wednesday, March the twelfth of year twenty twenty five. We're Armstrong, you're getting We approved this program. He is a cruel, rich monster. He makes Trump look like mother Teresa.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, let's begin the show officially now according to FCC rules and regulations.
Speaker 3: Here we go at.
Speaker 5: Mark Mayor in Ireland, and it's beautiful and warm, not physically it's actually quite cold. Moved here on January fifteenth, and it's been pretty wonderful. And when you know it is safe for all citizens to have equal rights there in America, that's when we will consider coming back.
Speaker 3: Laura, Ireland.
Speaker 1: We should have said we had breaking news, ladies, and we should have said, please sit down first.
Speaker 6: I think this is not an airport. There's no need to announce your departure. Roseh o'donald moved to to Ireland because of.
Speaker 3: Trump and Rosie. Hey hey, bad news.
Speaker 1: Totally unsafe, I mean really crazy unsafe here in America.
Speaker 3: Probably will be for fifteen, I mean twenty years. You might want to give it a little longer there in Ireland. Yeah, yeah, don't rush back. So we got Katie's headlines, I'd buye. We can get Katie's headlines on the way and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay here, army strong, Hey Yeddy I was born in nineteen eighty nine, says this texture. We sang rain drops keep falling on your head at our eighth grade graduation, So there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also born in nineteen eighty nine. Al Right, it was a hit.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Katie, who's speaking, Let's figure out who's reporting what.
Speaker 3: It's the lead story with Katie breaking Green. Hello, Hey Katie Breen here, New York Posts.
Speaker 6: Russia launches deadly missile attack on Zelenski's hometown, just hours after Ukraine agreed to a ceasefire proposal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the interesting part is, is there any way Putin's gonna agree to a ceasefire as long as there are ten thousand Ukrainian troops in that one chunk of Russia that they took, Well, it's gonna take a hell of a long time to eject them.
Speaker 6: From ABC, AU announces twenty eight billion dollars in countermeasures to Trump's steel tariffs.
Speaker 3: We're at Warwick, Canada. Finally, I've been waiting for this, my whole life trade war.
Speaker 6: From the New York Times, EPA plans to close all environmental justice offices.
Speaker 3: H I don't know anything about that, but it sure sounds good. Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, environmental justice. Please, that could be anything. You could do anything in those offices, as long as it's spent money from Breitbart doge.
Speaker 6: More than two hundred thousand federal government credit cards deactivated.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know some people with government credit cards and they don't care much how they spend money.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, that's surprising.
Speaker 6: USA Today House passes GOP funding bill backed by Trump.
Speaker 3: Now a showdown looms in the Senate. So not another Senate showdown. Boy.
Speaker 1: I tell you one thing I do not have a lot of patients for is following the early stages of these big budget bill negotiations. I mean, assists, you've got to be obsessed with the Beltway. Just let me know when you got something you're ready to vote on it.
Speaker 6: From The Free Beacon, Anti Israel agitators arrested in New York amid nationwide walkouts protesting pro Hamas activists ice arrests.
Speaker 3: We got to talk about that more later.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, how about every college instructor and professor across America walks out and stays out, and we start again and rebuild the greatest university system on Earth.
Speaker 3: From CNN.
Speaker 6: Cargo ship captain arrested in north Sea collision with US flagged tanker is a Russian national?
Speaker 3: All Okay? Rested? I hadn't heard that. All have to dig into that story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have been arrested for reckless killing people by being a bad ships captain Wow. Believe that's the charge.
Speaker 6: From Fox News man caught with live turtle in his pants at Newark Airport, leaving tsa agents shell shocked.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I forget it. That actually hurts. Its painful to second, don't judge until you've had a turtle in your pants. It's more fun than it sounds.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I do have a turtle in my pants, and I'm glad to see you.
Speaker 3: It's a false choice. And finally, the Babylon.
Speaker 6: Bee Isis claims responsibility for Megan Markel Netflix show?
Speaker 3: Is there someplace?
Speaker 1: Is there someplace I can sign up to never hear about Meghan Markle again? Is there is there an algorithm for that? If you find it, let me know it filter that out of my news feed or something like that. Although I sense and certainly I can stand guard. Since you're so horrified and I get that, it feels like it's moving towards so bad, it's good terriff or it definitely could be so mockable it's enjoyable. Where are we with the tariffs and whatnot? And how do we feel about buying cars in the White House?
Speaker 6: Long?
Speaker 3: I think I'm fine with it? Among other things on the way stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: So we spend two hundred billion dollars a year subsidizing Canada.
Speaker 3: We don't have to do that.
Speaker 7: And frankly, the way that gets solved is Canada should honestly become.
Speaker 3: Our fifty first state.
Speaker 7: We wouldn't have a northern border problem, we wouldn't have a tariff problem. Canada would be great as our cherished fifty first state. You wouldn't have to worry about borders, you wouldn't have to worry about anything. And by the way, Canada is very highly taxed and we're very low tax We're considered a low tax nation because of me, because I cut the taxes so the people of Canada would pay much less tax.
Speaker 3: But it makes a lot of.
Speaker 1: Sense now all the behind the scenes reporting, is Trump's serious about trying to get Greenland. That's a that's an actual, but not Canada be in a fifty first state.
Speaker 3: There's nobody. Actually, it's it's just trolling, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I guess I've heard some democratic Why is he just going on and on about it though repeating it over the course of weeks and weeks?
Speaker 3: I mean, that didn't sound like trolling. Well, some believe he drove Trudeau out of office by making him look so weak and pathetic, trolling him in so little pushback.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, and he but he fired up the Liberals when it looked like they were going to lose, and now they're back in power. Yeah. Well, sometimes having the way the way extreme of your other party in charge, doesn't you know?
Speaker 3: That's just so good?
Speaker 1: See see themocrats in the United States. But what was I gonna say, become a fifty first state?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I heard some prominent Democrats say yes day, and I'm surprised the Democrats aren't keeping their mouths shut.
Speaker 3: They should be quietly saying yeah, yeah, that I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, I rarely agree with Trump, but Canada being the fifty first state, I mean, why not? It's only fairness or something, because, as one prominent Democrat said yesterday, Republicans will never win another presidential election. If Canada is the fifty first state, then you have two Californias with the same amount of delegates that will always vote Democrat.
Speaker 3: Yeah for the foreseeable future. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I say, I have no idea what he's doing. I understand the intent of rebuilding American manufacturing to whatever extent it's possible.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: And you can find a few people who say, yeah, in the long term, this will pan out. You can find you know, an infinite multiple of that of people who say either this won't work or there's a different crowd that says, I just don't know what he's doing. Well, let's let's hear let's hear fifty one a little more on this topic, and then we can get to the latest. Because Canada was threatening a twenty five percent search charge on electricity yesterday. But here's uh, here's Trump and Elon on the White House lawn.
Speaker 7: When you take away that artificial line that looks like it was done with a ruler, and that's what it was. Some guy sat there years ago and they said, rah, Well, when you take away that and you look at that beautiful formation of Canada and the United States, there is no place anywhere in the world that looks like that.
Speaker 3: It's plus Graven plus.
Speaker 7: Green Land, and then if you add Greenland, that's it.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Canada threatened twenty five surcharge on electricty and then backed off it later in the day.
Speaker 3: So the rhetoric and the real stuff continues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the extra twenty five percent tariffs on steel in a Luman took a fete at midnight last night. Yeah, Now, I'll see what happens. Yeah, we absolutely, we'll see what happens. The estimates of you know, well, I'll just you know what. I won't get into the statistics and the technical crap. But the longest short of it is, in the short term, this will drive up the costs for every American manufacturer virtually and make goods more expensive and cut down on their share of any market until the great Transition happens and we've restored our manufacturing.
Speaker 3: Might that's the idea. I'm highly skeptical.
Speaker 1: So Trump walked back a little bit or revised his answer somewhat on the whole recession thing.
Speaker 3: And then we've got some breaking news. First, this resion, I don't see it at all. I think this country's going to boom.
Speaker 1: So after saying could be, you don't know, I don't like to predict those things in the market, and everybody reacting to that, you know, yesterday he was more positive.
Speaker 3: I think the markets are going to boom. So here's your breaking news.
Speaker 1: The inflation numbers are out for the most recent stats from last month. Consumer prices rose two point eight percent in the year through February, a slightly better result than economist said expected.
Speaker 3: I I'll never understand, because I'm not an economist why it's all based on what economists expected. What if they were wrong and they had to ask.
Speaker 1: Him in the first place and just wait a few days and get the actual statistic.
Speaker 3: Anyway, slightly better than economist set.
Speaker 1: Like every morning, I'm about to get on the scale, and you got physicians who say we expect to wait one ninety seven point four.
Speaker 3: That's a good When it's not one ninety eight point one, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, exceeded expectations.
Speaker 3: That's a good book. Okay, let's you just wait till I get on the scale. Yeah, that's pretty funny. Oh the market is reacting.
Speaker 1: Is Joe weighed more than expectations or less?
Speaker 3: That's funny? No, no more lately, trust me. Uh So.
Speaker 1: The consumer price index was up two point eight percent from a year earlier, after rising another point two percent on a monthly basement basis. That was a step down from January's surprisingly large point five percent increase.
Speaker 3: So stocks are up based on that the well.
Speaker 1: The New York Times version of this anyway, says, analysts are worried the tariffs could add two future price pressures. Of course, that's what Joe was just doing, Ama, And uh, then we'll have to play out. I will say, in Trump's defense that if this is merely a brutal and whipsaw e for a short time period to move toward more reciprocal tariffs, which is a theme he has sounded over and over again, because Canada does have some fairly stiff tariffs against various agricultural stuff like darry and that sort of thing. Okay, but I just and there's another piece in the journal where even Trump advisors and loyal business leaders are saying, just tell.
Speaker 3: Us what you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: The different headlines Fox has stubborn inflation cools, okay, and Wall Street Journal has inflation cooled to two point eight percent in February, lower than expected. So that's got to be some news that the White House will out and we'll see what that does to the stock market. And the endless discussion of what your four oh one K is doing is if you're about to start pulling from your four one k today, and again I apologize to anyone around the country who actually did retire last week. You know, we're not talking about you, but for most of us, you know, whatever, it'll be back by the time I'm ready to use it all right, right, And honestly, even that kind of under or over sells it because not taking out all you're still well right, You're not going to take it all out at once. That's not the way it works. End you've probably been tapering off your risk as you get closer to retirement. I want to go through a couple of texts we got real quick before we take a break, and we can leave plenty of time for mailbag. First of all, we got this text, are you finally ready to listen to the red tie of power and give up shilling for Zelensky? So yeah, wow, that's a sort of intelligent and well reasoned argument.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I'm offering it.
Speaker 1: Zelensky has agreed to the ceasefire yet to see if Russia is going toe to the ceasefire. And there's also the criticism that if they do agree, you do it it's just because they'd love to have a break and be able to rearm and.
Speaker 3: Get there trying together.
Speaker 1: Their newest crop of the North Korean cannonfot or prisoners. Yeah, so might only be to their advantage. Back to my McDonald's stats. As I was eating McDonald's just day, thirteen thousand some McDonald thirteen thousand, five hundred McDonald's in the United States, which if you do the quick math on that, that's two hundred and seventy per state. Obviously, they're not evenly dispersed, because, like I said, Wyoming needs three. But there are, according to this texture, a stunning five hundred and seventy McDonald's in New York. Five hundred and seventy just in New York. However, while I was talking about how dominant McDonald's is, another person pointed out there are seventeen thousand milkshake locations known as Starbucks. Seventeen thousand. Of course, if you live in an urban area at all, there's one you can stand outside on the corner. There's one there, and there's one there you can honestlee from one corner. Yeah, Starbucks undergoing a giant restructuring right now. I was just reading about they got a new CEO who's pairing back the menus and cutting staff oh, he laid off how many.
Speaker 3: I don't have the story in front of me.
Speaker 1: He laid off well into four figures worth of folks working at their headquarters in Seattle and working remotely. And I don't see Congress on the steps of the Capitol whining and moaning and crying about those layoffs. I don't see the New York timesmoaning what a human tragedy it is.
Speaker 3: The bunch of private sector people got laid off.
Speaker 1: Talking to some Starbucks employee who says, I just moved here for this job, right, Former Starbucks employees find a difficult labor market.
Speaker 3: You're just not seeing that.
Speaker 1: We actually got into this conversation my son and I about somehow. I don't remember how it started. He was studying something in franchises and how those work and owner operated versus not and all that sort of thing. It's actually, i'm an interesting conversation mm hm. And he also told me, he said, did you realize Ray Croc sold the thing for only a couple of million dollars and it's considered the worst business decision in world history.
Speaker 3: That's what my son said. So I don't know. I guess he saw that something.
Speaker 1: More arguably sure. Maybe Ray was like, I'm tired of flipping burgers. I'm just going to go to my ranch and have fun. Any right, lived every day of the rest of his life in joy and serenity. I don't know, I'm probably not eating McDonald's. We have got to Joe's mailbag and a whole bunch of this stuff on the way stay here. Yeah, doing the research, I think I misunderstood the story that my son was telling me. The worst business decision was the McDonald's brother selling to Ray kroc Ah And that.
Speaker 3: Was, uh, you know, that was my misunderstanding. But yeah, well but they did that.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make any sense though, just because you have a Scotsman, just because you have a successful Burger milkshake stand, that doesn't mean you could have become the franchise.
Speaker 3: He's genius. Oh right, that's the that's the key. Yeah, that's kind of a silly assertion, honestly. Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom loving quote of Hey, getting back to our series from Theodore Roosevelt. Two two freedom loving quotes to the day from Roosevelt Today. Number one, the unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided but never hit softly. Interesting Yeah yeah, And then this I love this. When they called the role in the Senate, the senators do not know whether to answer present or not guilty. You tell him, Teddy mail Bag, feel freedom to drop us a note. The email addresses mail Bag and I'm strong Eddy dot com. Jack talking about his desire to buy one of Elon Musk's cyber trucks, specifically the Ultra Powerful cyber Beast and put a plate on it that says gog absolutely right. Got this from Joe Anonymous, so too. My kids are home from college for spring break. We drove from the Bay Area to Tahoe to ski today, listening to you on the way, and we were rolling with laughter listening to Jack talking about a cyber truck with the doge license plate as we.
Speaker 3: Approached the ski resort. What did we see?
Speaker 1: I kid you, not below photo is not AI altered a cyber truck with our Bitcoin one license plate. Wow, not exactly the same, but still what are the odds bitcoin?
Speaker 3: Doge coin?
Speaker 1: And of course you need to get your cyber truck with the Doge plates and drive it all around your college town bike circles every day blasting, Proud to be an American and YMCA that makes it in a little kid rock too, But your playlist is up to you.
Speaker 3: Thanks to you, Anonymous. That is funny.
Speaker 1: Let's see Jim on the topic of Kamala Harris for governor of cal Unicornia, let's stick with it. It includes one of my favorite sign offs lately. Kamala is beginning to contemplate what needs to be done in terms of recognizing the importance of understanding the steps she must to seriously consider thinking about running for governor in twenty six and expects the passage of time required to unburden what that entails to extend until the end of summer. Wow, that's pretty good, Kamla. Then he signs off KLTTBBD. Keep launching torpedoes of truth, but don't overegg the pudding, Jim.
Speaker 3: We'll try not teach Jim.
Speaker 1: Paolo with a brief note a good sign in the transports debate, most people on both signs seem to have come down to common sense side of this issue.
Speaker 3: The common sense side that's encouraging. Another encouraging thing.
Speaker 1: To my recollection, everybody involved, at least tacitly acknowledges that we're talking about men and women's sports, not trans women in women's sports.
Speaker 3: And best of.
Speaker 1: All, no more annoying incantations of trans women are women. I was just wearing my hot dogs are Dogs t shirt yesterday. Progress indeed, now somebody just needs to tell the great majority of Democratic politicians about it. Damn their dopes on this issue. Maybe they're soffering from that new gen z malady trend overload, and he helpfully included a link to an article about trend overload, which we can maybe talk about in a little bit. I think it's more interesting than it even knows. I'm guessing it's the idea that trends come too fast and furious.
Speaker 3: Now you can't keep up with them. You always feel pressure.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, And the greater significance of it, I think, is understanding that the rapid fied pleasures of the Internet, social media, smartphones, etc.
Speaker 3: Are just it's too much, too much, too much, too much among young people. Something has got to change on that front, I would agree.
Speaker 1: Side Joe Bob writes a Tale of Two Countries. I absolutely love the direction the administration is taking with them as but for the life of me, I don't understand why they don't see the similarities with Ukraine. In one case, terrorist's comebags crossed the border to kill innocent civilians, and then the same thing happened in Israel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see your point. I see it much more like Bob does than a lot of people do these days. But that's fun. Let's continue the debate. Al none of us writes.
Speaker 1: On the top of a millionaires and billionaires, the idea of limiting those that care about wasteful spending. Yeah, that's the great leftist plot, is to narrow the tax base and praddle on about how the rich need to pay their fair share to the point that they're among the actual high taxpayers. There aren't nearly enough votes to defeat horrific wasteful spending. It's a specific strategy, and it's been pretty successful in every independent study that's ever been done. Says the way to make government more efficient and spend money more efficiently and more answerable to the people is to broaden the tax base.
Speaker 3: But nobody wants to do that anyway.
Speaker 1: He writes, the idea of limiting those that care about wasteful spending. Whatever my socialist friends talk about spending I asked them if they itemize their tax returns, followed by why would you want to pay less in taxes and have me pay more? In fact, why don't you donate more money to the wonderful government in their efficient projects. They no longer bring up the idea of spending end or taxes, probably just not to you. Yeah, yeah, this is interesting and troubling. Yesterday, John writes, my son witnessed an unprovoked attack by a he says homeless person, I say transient drug addict on a non binary or trans person, a man deluded into think he was a woman in San Francisco. It was a brutal beating that could have killed the victim, multiple punches to the back of the head. The only reason my thun could think of the victim wasn't killed is that he didn't fight back or for any resistance at all. Haven't seen anything about it in the news. If it had been an attack by someone in a maga hat would have led the news nationwide and even internationally.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then Angie writes, and we'll get to this next hour. This is dovetailing beautifully with our discussion of the University of California Berkeley lecture series on the Dreaming of Water or whatever the hell all might guard the intersectionality of neo colonialism feminist queerness. She sent Long an actual published university study that she thought, it's got to have been written as a joke by James Lindsay. I have dug into it. It may be the crowning glory of soft science self mockery.
Speaker 3: Wow, and that's saying something. So that's a good by that statement.
Speaker 1: And I was going to go home, and I'm going to stick around for that if you miss a segment at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty