Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Yo, we are here, We are back. It is the Player's Lounge in full effect. The three Amigo negroes are here. It's heck Ma Harrison, Barry Church's return from the golf course.
Speaker 3: I made scrugs.
Speaker 2: That a convenient That was a convenient celebrity golf.
Speaker 3: Right time.
Speaker 2: Leave me get up here and believe by Heck was on Heckingent threw his own second line yesterday. Man, and he was. He was out there sleetching souls. Man. But now where were you at? Yeah that's true, I tell you boy. He liked de Marco Murray running out the back locker room. Don't want to talk to nobody the room, everybody else talking about okay Dodger.
Speaker 3: My mind.
Speaker 2: I was there, Chris Bean was here.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We let hacking me do his thing.
Speaker 3: Let me to do his thing like that, like that.
Speaker 2: I've been searching for it for nine and a half months. I couldn't find it forever to day. You ever lose something you really like? The hotel knocked over a basket in my room and there was it was snatched this bad boy back up. They don't sell anymore either, But I look, we got to start well. First off, let me let you go ahead and gratulates.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, big dog. You called it. You called it.
Speaker 5: You know she did integrity and all you you called it. So got to get props for props is dude, you went out there and you you ten toes down, stood old business as they say, and you called him going off to Pittsburgh and getting dub I appreciate that, your man. You know, twenty four hour rule. It is twenty four hour rule. I humble myself yesterday I acted the active. I'm a little shamed of myself.
Speaker 3: He's really not.
Speaker 2: You know. So he had snatching folks in jerseys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, terrible childs. Sure had the family guess. Oh yeah, so I know you.
Speaker 3: I'm on one.
Speaker 2: I've been on one church. How were your Pittsburgh friends?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know, you know I didn't respond to a lot of a lot of the group chat, you know, because I was talking big noise in the group chat, and uh, I didn't respond to a lot of it, you know, so that ain't like you. But it was the Dallas group chat. It wasn't It wasn't the Pittsburgh group chat. It was a Dallas group chat. So that's that's what that.
Speaker 3: Was, all right.
Speaker 2: So he went on Tuesday, Cowboys getting racist, getting ready to face the Detroit Lions, and it was on the fire on Sunday. But before we go there, big news in the National Football League. Robert Sala fired as the Jets head coaches forty year twenty and thirty six. They got beat overseas in London, where the owner used to be the ambassador under the Trump administration, Aaron Rodgers threw three picks. But look, you know what they say, No, what don't embarrass the owner over there? You want you know, you wanted your team over there. You spot you know, you know people up there help. Not good. So they fired Robert Sala. Then, according to Pro Football Talk dot Com, they escorted him out the building. Yeah, man, know, no, no, don't I guess Aaron Rodgers didn't want to here, so.
Speaker 3: He had bot did they him the box?
Speaker 5: I don't even know, man, Wade got up out of there. You know, he was able to come to the team meeting room in the in the morning. It's hey fellas, you know, hey guys. You know, but damn they just get up out of here.
Speaker 2: Playing from here, man, surprise here.
Speaker 3: That's dirty, dirty world man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so Robert Sligum, the offense is the problem.
Speaker 5: With the like if you he was you know, he was supposed to bring brought in there to be the defensive guy, right, If I'm not mistaken, his defense for his time being, there was always on the top ten defense.
Speaker 3: They were always good on that side of the football. They're currently ranked number two in the league, currently ranked number two.
Speaker 5: S CB just said, and they got a matter of fact, if they win next week, the first in the division.
Speaker 3: So I mean, and that's the guy you want to skatecoat.
Speaker 5: Not the offense that's been up and down, mostly down this whole year.
Speaker 2: He's still there, hand picked by the quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: You know what, Kenny, Look, come on, y'all, stop is the players Now, we're gonna keep it real, all right, Robert Sallas sniped hisself. All right, he styped hisself sometimes, man, you go, you start acting rand new you bringing in Aaron Rodgers, and it's like, no, no, you mean no, no, no, they brought him. Whoever the powers that be brought into Aaron Rodgers. He the owner, he coach signed, he walked it off. He look, bring in your guy, all right? And look, I used to love it when you and Danny would talk coaches and guys that y'all had been under, you know, him and the Dickon Millers and you with Marionelli.
Speaker 3: You know, in your.
Speaker 5: Relationship between coach and player, which made you molded you into the profession that you are. I'm not saying that he wasn't good at what he did defensively.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of guys that vouch for Roberts Sola and talk about how great of a coach that he is. But dude, you coach, the head coach, coaches the coaches, all right, So it's your responsibility issue. Look, it's it's willingly, willingly being ignorant. It's just being ignorant, all right. It's somewhere in there, old all player, somewhere in there, somewhere in there, Yeah, somewhere in there. He lost control of the situation where Anon Rodgers. He lost control of the situation with the office like he's been He's been a defensive coordinator head coach for long enough. He had to get that thing corralled in or he already knew that his head was on.
Speaker 3: Come on, he head was already in the vice.
Speaker 2: He was about as a secure as a Laker head coach with Lebron hanging around. Okay, then at.
Speaker 5: That's the case then and then in that case, then in that case, then in that case knew it. They should have did did this is back last year? They should have They should have did this last year.
Speaker 2: Aaron who was who was approved? But this is like Darvin Ham holding up that in Tournament.
Speaker 6: Of the Year the podcast assistant Lebron didn't get Kyrie go tweet there just be me then g and Lebron got his son on the team, son got a contract.
Speaker 2: I mean, Rodgers is doing the same thing. Here's my oc. Here's Adam Lazar, one of my buddies. We hear the back chatter about Davante Adams, like, Aaron Rodgers is out here doing things man, And then the head coach tried to sit up here and say, hey, man, I don't know about this kat and stuff. Next thing you know that's got smacked up in his face. You lose over there where your owner used to be, to the ambassador all of this stuff. They fire him. Tony Jungji came out. He said, hey man, look, I'm glad they didn't do me like this because out of the team there was two or three. We end up in the NFC Championship game. I don't know what I don't know what they're doing out there, and how does this resper to the Cowboys? I come back into this is what we talked about before with a guy like Mike McCarthy. Now you're out here, you're winning, you're doing things. At some point in time, you got it. You can either head out justice, mercy or grace. And my gosh, what happened to Robert Slah was not justice at all. If we firing somebody and the o C still got a job today. Okay, now, if you want to go, let's go all the way. Let's get all the problem. Those are the head coach you he don't call no place. Aaron Rodgers isn't improving anything from what Robert Salad said. I mean, the owner is running this heck.
Speaker 3: But he is.
Speaker 5: He is right, But he is the head coach, whether you call it by title, whatever you want it to be, it's his responsibility to get those things under control. And when if there's gonna be a hat that's gonna roll, it's not gonna be the OC, it's gonna be him, and it's gonna be him and his tenure as a coach at the Jets. That's that they're looking at. So, I mean, look, here's the deal. I'm gonna say this about Aaron Rodgers. To me, Aaron Rodgers is the dude that's always gotten away with murder and he was.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it's just Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: I mean, look in ota As, you got a guy that's not coming to OTAs because he's at a camp retreat and taking on forty eight hour darkness retreats. You know what I'm saying, Dude, you're a millionaire two Barret Church want.
Speaker 3: To be playing golf. You better believe it, you know. So what's the difference between me and him? You know the commission now, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's it's little things like that that no matter what they're doing, whatever they're thinking as an organization.
Speaker 3: It's going to be fractured.
Speaker 5: Anyway if they're allowing Aaron Rodgers to get away with this.
Speaker 3: And oh, by the way, Aaron Rodgers is having a terrible season.
Speaker 2: The owner has allowed to happen. The general manager, he's only got so much juice, and the head coach has done and his pushback against the quarterback, to me, is really what helped lead this. I mean, I watched I watched that Vikings game and after Aaron Jones went out of the Vikings offense under Sam Donald did nothing and the Jet defense kept him in the game. The offense didn't do it enough and Aaron Rodgers drew three picture in the game, picked six in the game. Like, dude, you're the problem. I mean, dani Orlowski won't say that, will say that, you know, but but you know, at the end of the day, you just fired a guy and it ain't all his fault. And people in that room know, they know. It's just they can't do anything. It's like the Lakers, you know, Lebron running thing J J. Red about ready really cold, but think J J. Reddy got some juice. No, no, no, it's what it is. And so uh so Roberts is the first guy gone. The Jets are what two and three with some winnable games coming up. It's it's it's dysfunction, and you got to start to ask yourself. You know, for all the Cowboy fans who get mad at Jerry and we know they get mad at Jerry Wood, he Johnson may be in the running for the worst owner in the game. Yeah, and I know my man in Carolina is right.
Speaker 7: Here, he's still he's still shortening right there.
Speaker 3: But what he got?
Speaker 2: What he got decade plus? I mean, what have you been doing this for years?
Speaker 3: I mean years?
Speaker 2: What do you hire Adam Gates?
Speaker 3: Bro master of dysfunction?
Speaker 2: How could you hire what he already saw?
Speaker 3: What do you mean you hired Adam Gates? I did that.
Speaker 2: They've got you know, what do you I mean? Temper is still new to the game. He's bad at it, real bad. But what he's been here for a minute, bad.
Speaker 3: For long long?
Speaker 5: You say that there are a lot of owners right there right now they're under questioning for for some of the decisions that they're making.
Speaker 3: Has them in Cleveland's.
Speaker 2: We got top three lists right there.
Speaker 3: We put him.
Speaker 2: A medal standing all three, all three between Woody except them. That's the metal stand. You decide who you want to have the goal, the bron I think I may put Jimmy Hasm up there to go. Jimmy got to go. You got windless seasons, windless, you got windless seasons. You got a bunch of one year head coaches and one year gms, and now you got the Deshaun Watson deal and all ownership got on you. They're like this again, ever ever, ever, ever, ever they put that man in the meeting him and his wife. This has been ever happening ever ever, ever happened again. We don't do guaranteed deals. So Jimmy has them right there.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: I'll put Woody Johnson into the silver and Temper got the bronze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go play in that locker room. But how you how you respect?
Speaker 5: I'm glad I never had to deal with this because if you man, if I argue with Aaron, I might be next.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying, Like Garrett Wilson, they get a little tips on the sideline.
Speaker 5: You're talking about breaking Devonte in Now. Man, I'm just like, man, you gotta walk on eggshells around this guy. Now it was just crazy. And that's what and that's what I'm asking literally as a question to you as as a player, how do you function in the situation like that, especially like if b Church just got his money, you good money, right, and you see this guy coming in and you can you could look at the film the All twenty two just like everybody else and say, look, defense, we kept you in this and look at these turnovers. This is unacceptable. They would they would fry some of these other quarterbacks for doing that stuff. They were Friday's guys, you know. I mean, it would be never endless if it was a Lamar Jackson. It would never end if it was dak I got.
Speaker 2: An example for you. We just saw this Russell Wilson who was with Nathaniel Hackett. This guy Hackett was up there. They bringing Russ. They let Russ do his thing, catering the Russ and nothing cater fell apop. Russ got tore up, They got the short tour up. Let's ride died. Okay, he got tore up. The Jets essentially did the same thing in terms of hey, here's the quarterback, quarterback coming in here, and they're trying to tailor everything to the quarterback. And it's the same dude, Nathaniel Hackett. Outside of beating the Denver Broncos, what's he really done around there? And so now the head coach is fired, offensive Cording said Jeff Oldrich Oldbrick is going to be the interim head coach.
Speaker 3: The defen codat make it up. So this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: And I circled this back here all the Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Mike McCarthy is a good coach and Mike McCarthy, you know, dealing with all the different injuries he's had to and it's gonna probably continue into this week. Going to Jerry Jones radio show will dive more into that. But to me, when I see what's happening with the Jets, I have an appreciation for Mike McCarthy. And for fans who get mad at Jerry Jones, please look at Woody Jones. Never been to a Super Bowl, can't figure out simple things in a division that is the most winnable of winnable divisions ever. Coach Soul's lost down in Miami.
Speaker 3: Yes we saw.
Speaker 2: I watched, just to watch Sean McDermott. Show you he don't know how game management in the Buffalo and your quarterback he looked. I mean, I don't care if the doctors cleared him. All you have to do is look at Josh.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: That's not right.
Speaker 3: You had that rookie coach right, you got New England.
Speaker 2: Brady's not there. This was a winnable division for the New York Jets and it did not happen. So bam, there you go, all right? Heck Maherrison, Barry Church of NEWI Scruts players Lounge coming right back after this. On Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 8: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 10: Prescott kitsch It slides for the first down.
Speaker 9: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookian crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 10: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboy Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of.
Speaker 3: The Year, Go Cowboys to the players.
Speaker 5: This segment is brought to you by Yettie, the official cooler and drink ware of the Dallas Cowboards.
Speaker 2: Alright, thank you, hec hairs. I saw you what you got over there? So church hooked you up.
Speaker 3: What's that you gotta ask? Brother?
Speaker 5: Let me just let me know, you know, was like, man, I need it. I was like, you know, I got an extra one. That was weeks ago. I got an extra one. Asking you if you if you see something flying tour, you got one. I'm just my hand, I got just my have I don't just have just my hair, y'all. Got a couple of swag bags in my time, so I got some random stuff all over the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know watch Man, we you know we we speaking that seem that team.
Speaker 2: That my problems I've been watching Wire episodes.
Speaker 3: Is that what it is wrought your back.
Speaker 2: So if you go, if you go on, by the way, the Wire best cop show that's ever been made on TV, I'll shout, tell me a better cop show than the Wire.
Speaker 3: Let me think about it. Little Wire definitely top.
Speaker 2: Send it to me. Scruggs okay or x whatever they want to call it, tell me a better cop show than the Wire. But now when you go on YouTube, you can just get the whole set of a certain character. That's what I was watching We I'm watching currently watching we Babe. We made a lot before that, I was watching Prop Joe Joe, and then before that Brother was own. They had some characters, and then before that I was watching Omal And it's just all these different great clips.
Speaker 5: What was that one clip where we made where they did he didn't shoot the it was an undercovered cop.
Speaker 3: He didn't know it was an undercovered copy. He did the that.
Speaker 11: Memes that means, yeah, that was one of the top themes out that way, which led into him and Omar getting into it.
Speaker 2: And we we Babe went after Omar and then Omar shot back, and then we got hitting the leg. And that's when he said, Yo, beg, let this be a lesson.
Speaker 5: Coming to King classic show class.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what actually doing, no rain delay saying that football.
Speaker 3: That's what I was watching.
Speaker 2: But what do you doing watching the old episodes of the y All right back in the Dallas Cowboys conversation right now the players line brought to you by aristocrat game me. Guys, he comes to Detroit Lions, they come, Uh, Ivory lt is coming into town.
Speaker 3: He comes.
Speaker 2: I was laughed at during the summertime when I called eight hunchingson and Detroit Lines Ivory lt Lea's league of sex crazy laughed about Olympkey. I definitely doing things, and he's doing really out here. That's what's in my mind. I'm like, hell, Booky really making pay contributed, contributing. Who would have thought l Boogie would be giving you more at the running back position than Duce Hunt when they got.
Speaker 3: To the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, especially Duce Falling was a heck of a good player. Can't say it's.
Speaker 5: Just I mean I comparably so, I think what this team needed was what Hunter Lipky is. They needed that utility back, They needed that full back to also be a tight end. Just think about some of the things that those all of those guys in body. Hunter Loppy is a you know, is a good blocker. He's also a guy that you could scheme up in so many ways one on one to get out in the flat and you know, extend drives in and I love, look literally love the way that they use him. Man, It's it's one of those things. No, you can't the reason why you can't hate on this because he's being successful in you know so I mean be a different thing if they was, if they were scheming him up and it wasn't working.
Speaker 3: But they're scheming him up and it's working. He's taking advantage of those ops. That's what he's doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anytime he gets the Rockies, you know, falling for war third and one, get get to blocking the guy, seat him beat. What's the safety from Baltimore? Big time dude fourteen Hamilton to the corner round. I'm like, know what, I take what I said back?
Speaker 2: Almost had a touchdown, he pushed one in.
Speaker 3: Yet this year now he ain't got there.
Speaker 7: We know, no, what are you talking? He already got the shirt. We will have to tell you what you're talking about. Social media they go to mad every time. So that's what you do.
Speaker 5: You lay the seeds for your minions and then they say, you know they do all.
Speaker 3: Your dirty work.
Speaker 4: Play.
Speaker 3: Look here we go.
Speaker 2: You know we did with El Boogie. Did you watch mister McMahon yet, Like we told you, I created a character. The character all we need to have some intro music.
Speaker 3: You got call on the pregame calling him Boogie.
Speaker 2: They're like, whoa boy asked that about that? After after giang Get said you got a name for him?
Speaker 3: I just called Mike. Also, just a week on.
Speaker 2: The part o, can't we call Bookie?
Speaker 3: I said that, you say players lines.
Speaker 5: I didn't sit man, because you know he'll No, everything's going good, you brothers.
Speaker 2: It's more than welcome to go on right down here when Dak talk on Thursday and get the Players Lounge podcasts out there.
Speaker 5: Man, we're gonna mess up the sanctity of the lockers.
Speaker 3: That situations up the same up.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't do it here you go, come on, man, come on, it's good, it's good man. We're gonna leave you along. Good, Here come the Lions.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know Clarence Hills on it more than me. There's a lot of other people on it more than me. But I know I ain't crazy.
Speaker 3: Safety mm hmmm what that like that?
Speaker 2: The sanctity of Josh Allen and them concussions. There's a lot more bigger things that should be out here, but out here messing with us. But okay, okay, sanctity of the locker rooms is true. Aton Hutchinson coming off the edge, you know, one more week? You don't know right now? Tyler guy's gonna be your left tackle?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: Tom Smith gonna be the left tackle. I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I'm just speaking of Thomas Smith is the guy we're going t J Bass and left guard. Let's go what about Austin Richards. That's the great unknown. That's a gray area we don't know about. You were just talking about Chuman Dover yesterday and where's where's Chuma? Seems Tuma since the ankle injury? Right, you know, so we don't know where a lot of guys are, but I can tell you where Tyler Smith is and he out there holding it down on them talk sweeps and if he's.
Speaker 3: Doing this thing, why not leave my guy out there?
Speaker 2: I don't I'm the Duomo said they should have just kept it out their left tackle anyway and drafted something else.
Speaker 3: He's working an angle. You're gonna have to hear it in the break.
Speaker 5: So he's he's, he's, he's, uh, he's trying it out of his take on us first before he veils into the people, because he's not confident in it yet.
Speaker 3: That's being covered.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch the mister McMahon to building care scenario. I got characters right here. But with Aid and Hutchinson coming here be it Terrence Steele, whoever's left tackle. Yeah, it's a concern. It is because once again it's the next two games because you've got the Lions of bye week and then you got the forty nine ers. So this run of people getting to the quarterback or there and look, bottle lot of steels was getting there. They were getting there and there's a lot of quick step drops and Dak Prescott and Mike McCarthy came up with a good game plan. You got to do that a little bit again here today and the Lions of my opinion, come in here with a revenge on their mind, because as they should. That was a game last year Jerry World that they thought they had and then, in my opinion, the head coach lost it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Gambler Campbell. Yeah, and he's lost them a couple of games with that gambler mentality. They have eleven sacks on the season and Aiden Hutchinson has seven of them. So you're gonna have to fit. Yeah, You're gonna have to pay attention to him. And the one thing that I love about him just Washington play is he's one of those players that just never stops. It's like he's constantly after the ball. When the ball's away from him going the other way, he's still pursuing the ball. And you just don't see that too much anymore with guys. And he's not a one trick pony either, he meaning he's not one of those guys that's gonna sit back there and just take advantage of rushing the passer. He's very tough against the run also, and so when you have a guy like that in bodies that embodies so many things, you have to run things at the counters. You gotta get him down on the ground. I'm not saying cut the guy, be chopp him, do anything dirty. But you just got to make him think the way the teams have made Michael Parsons think several times where they run three people at him, then they run nobody at him. He's just standing there like, what the hell do I do? You know, and you have to do that to Aiden Hutchinson the same way that you went after TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt. They did not go away from TJ.
Speaker 5: Watt.
Speaker 3: They ran at him. And I think with the emergence of Coke Rico Dawdle, all right.
Speaker 5: My man, my man, Rico Daddle, that gives you, That gives you the confidence going into this game. Then obviously if your running game is clicking and firing, then that is going to uh look, he's still gonna be a weapon, all right. But to neutralize that weapon, you just got to continue to run at him and beat him. You gotta run at him, you gotta throw the screen game, which also I think, you know, Mike McCarthy did a kind of a job with against the Steelers, slowing that rush down, throwing those screens, getting turping and getting Tolbert involved in there. But as great as you know, the Ivory LT is that defense for Detroit last year, you know, give up a whole bunch of explosive plays.
Speaker 3: This year, especially that front seven.
Speaker 5: They've come together a little bit because they got a trio of linebackers on that second level that can run, and they get after cats. I'm talking about ANGELONEI Campbell, and I forget the number forty four.
Speaker 3: I forget Martinez. I believe in that. Yeah, I believe that's what his name is.
Speaker 5: But they get after cats and Glenn over there to the defensive coordinator, you know, he sends the house because he believes in his secondary out there.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be another game. Rodriguez, that's that man. Martina man, but stop, man have to say that he's couldna let it stop here, let that we're gonna let it go. We're gonna let it go. You got have to get the ball out of a quick to get it do with that.
Speaker 2: I recognize, Sam Kris, I ain't doing all.
Speaker 3: I ain't doing all. Manna take a break. I'm gonna let you choose right now. I don't know I agree with you. How social media sound right?
Speaker 2: Let you all go ahead and get the social media apology out there right now. We gathered together right here on the players now Heck Harrison and Barry Church Innocent new drugs Cowboy dot Com.
Speaker 4: Hey Danny mccrane, here for Smoothie King. You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit crunch purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with.
Speaker 3: Two new flavors.
Speaker 4: It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new cocoons moothie bows, only a Smoothie Key, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer Own Boss.
Speaker 10: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to Order Cane's chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day, Canes, rules, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the players Loud.
Speaker 5: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Days presented by Sea Geek on Saturday, October twelfth from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, ticket giveaways.
Speaker 3: Games, and more.
Speaker 5: Visit att stadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets Today.
Speaker 3: He is heck.
Speaker 2: Maharrison in the house is Barry Church and shrugs. Lions coming to town. Cowboys trying to figure out after this victory over the Pittsburgh Seils on the NBC Sunday Night Football, Just how do you get it back together and get ready for a teen that's been on a bye week like the Lions are, and just trying to figure out your injuries. Jerry Jones on his radio shows saying, the other hoping Michael Parsons can play, but they don't know. Don't look for darn playing to play in this game. Geidon will see exactly what happens with him. And the thing that concerns me with Geidon is yeah, there's playing, but how well can you play?
Speaker 3: Heck, yeah, that's I don't. Look.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing seriously, and I play about Tyler Smith and his being the left tackle. You want to continue to have that continuity and build towards what you have been building upon with your rookie. And although he's made some mistakes, again, let's allow this guy to get better. But going out there compromise in any way and you're already struggling in your technique. I think for this, heck, for these for these coaches, they're probably like, look, man, if you're not one hundred percent, and some guys can play at eighty five, some guys can play at ninety, but if you are not at one hundred, we're gonna say we're gonna save that, get to the bye week and allow you to get healthy.
Speaker 3: And so look at that. That's the way. That's the way that I look at that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to stunt his growth at all, because they've already committed to him. They've already said, look, you're our guy, and so they got to keep building the point what they've been working on with him. Not only that, you don't want to destroy the man's conference. You know, if he goes out there and the eye of reality is just putting it on. I mean, I'll be back to back to back weeks where you know he would have got worked over, and then that starts to work on a guy's confidence, especially a rookie, you know, not you know, being your first time in the National Football League. You don't want to say, man, am I not good enough to play in this league? Was that really worth the first round? You don't want those thoughts, you know, getting into the back of your head. So like you said that, I'm with you on this one. If you ain't you know, one hundred percent, or you can't practice throughout the week, then you know it's one of those opportunities. You take this game off, you get a bye week, so an extra week there, and then you come back and get ready for the for the bust of guys off the edge. But yeah, don't get any easier, don't get any at all coming to this. So you know, hey, you don't miss nothing. Get right, young fellow, Get right now.
Speaker 2: I just want to throw this out here, you know, more for you to speak to since you're a player. We saw Tyler Smith having an outstanding year at last year. I dare say not just Pro Bowl, all pro type of season. This young man is having, he's building, he's getting better and better. You move him out to left tackle. It's harder to try to make a Pro Bowl at left tackle versus being where you are left guard. How do guys see that if the coaches come to them and they talk to them about trying to change positions.
Speaker 5: Well, I think he's young enough in his career where I think he would put the team first, and I think he would understand that. Man like, if I'm not able to go or if Guidan's not able to go out there, and they feel like I'm the best option, go go ahead and kick me out there, and let me go ahead and go to work. Because you know, we all understand you could be, you know, the greatest guard of all time. But if your left tackles out there getting destroyed and your offense is looking pedestrian, have best, then you know, the whole squad loses. You know, there goes you know your Pro Bowls, you're all prose. You're going to see how pedestrian the offense is overall. So I think he's young enough in his career and he has enough common in himself and his ability to go out there and say, hey, you can move me around. You know, I'm one of the best officers line and not only on this team but in the National Football League. Left tackle, left guard, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: I can get the job done.
Speaker 5: So I think he's that type of player and has that type of confidence to where he can go ahead and kick out there and still be a baller. So I see him if he's doing whatever's best for the team and he feels and you know, he to me, he feels like one of those guys that's like, hey, if the coach tells me to do it, I'm gonna run through the brick wall and I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Type of thing for my team. So that's what he shows to me.
Speaker 5: As far as how he's been as a player since he's got here with the Dallas kindoy year, Yeah, he did, and I love him and Zach Martin's relationship. You could tell what Zach Martin is poured into him because Tylers Smith is the bruiser on that on that down on that front, and he allows for a lot of the nasty to happen and most of the time it's seventy three.
Speaker 3: That's a part of it.
Speaker 5: And you see Bbe starting to work in that too, you know, getting better at being that guy that's tough in the run. Also, it's just the past game. He's just got a lot of big fellows coming at you. Boy, you better try and figure that out and exchange. He's getting better at that also. But you know, for me, it's the athletic ability of Tyler Smith. It just seems like he's not out of position, even as new as the position of being left tackle is to him in the NFL is, I just don't see him, you know, out of position a lot, and even in the game this Sunday. So it's almost like you almost you're spoiled when you have guys like that that you can like, Okay, somebody goes down, I can bump you outside. I mean, every team doesn't have that luxury to have a guy like that, and as long as you have it, I say, take advantage of it, especially if it doesn't compromise him in the health sense.
Speaker 2: The frustrating thing about that so far we're talking about, you know, what do you do with your outstanding Pro Bowl left guard. Is you got dudes that you put on this team, like Matt will Let's go that you use that a pick on inactive, you use the fourth round pick on on Ball, Josh Ball. Yeah, you know these are guys that you use because let's go, let's go three or four. But it was, it was this was this was a good pick and and you just that you're not we're not even bringing them up as thoughts.
Speaker 3: We can't.
Speaker 5: I mean you and the reason why you can't is because you've seen those guys in preseason. I mean I was watching what Let's Go in the preseason, going this dude trying to get an office job. And you know when you see it, right, you know when you see it, I mean, it's just not a bunch of six five, three hundred and thirty pound brothers walking around that can shuffle, you know. And it's not a lot of teams letting go of their guys that are on the custom and break that they know.
Speaker 3: Man, this boy can't play with the day, you know, but we go keep it for that nine one one. We just can't let our nine one one go. And that's it.
Speaker 2: Six six took him in the fifth round out of North Dakota. Let's go, well, let's go.
Speaker 3: And it's just.
Speaker 2: It's tough to see.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, it's tough to see.
Speaker 2: You know, he's battled injuries, but you know here it is. You know, he come game day at Steelers, started looking at in actors. There's well let's go. And so now you're talking about what happens with Tyler's because because it's it's a couple of things. One Tyler got could play. What if he gets hindered during the game, any can which is a possibility, So you have to you have to put that in there as well. So would you even call, well, let's go, and would you put him on the actor? I mean, this is these are interesting decisions here that you got.
Speaker 3: You know, bro, this is this is for me.
Speaker 2: For me, this is the disappointing part. And I'm not disappointed in management if they're doing their part. I mean they got Austin Richards who was on the active roster, and Austin Richards a kid. They took the fifth rde out of North Carolina. But you just look at a guy like, well let's go. He's like, come on, man, now this is his third year, and Tom Landry and Bill Parcells used to have a thing said, by year three, you gotta be showing something, gotta be showing something here, and so let's see what we do. But right now, well let's go.
Speaker 3: You already know.
Speaker 5: If you ain't by year three years it's not I mean, and I've played a nine years. If you ain't got it by year three, sometimes you just ain't got it. The only person I've ever seen that kind of clicks after year three was Bruce Carter, but he had to do a lot of injuries going early on.
Speaker 2: It was it was injury coming out of North Carolina.
Speaker 5: So that's the only person I saw that. You know, that light kind of current ring all around year four or five. But other than that man year three and you ain't getting it.
Speaker 3: You just ain't got it.
Speaker 5: And the crucial thing is like, and you're sitting there watching the game, I know, last Sunday, you see Tyler Guidon go down and you're like, damn, all right, guy is down and they move out. Tyler Smith You're like, okay, I could rock with that. Tyler Smith, you know bass, okay, And then you see Zach Martin go down. You're like I ain't rocking with this, Okay. I know we've run it out of bodies at this point. You know, we light right right now. And so those guys that are coming in and then then able to come in and be effective for how many reps they're gonna run, you know, I think it's important.
Speaker 3: So I don't see them.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I don't see them bringing with let's go onto the onto the active roster right now, because eventually you're gonna have you're gonna go against teams that can put points on the board, and eventually you're gonna need to be able to protect Dak Prescotts so he can push the ball down the field. And so if you can't do that, I guess this slew of teams they got coming up, and that's tough.
Speaker 3: And that's the scary thing for me.
Speaker 5: And when I look at this next couple of games going even after the bye week, they're all NFC teams. And so we know at the end of the year when we get passed, like round December, when they start doing the tabulations like it's a poll, and this is where you can fall due to this and those losses that you had back in October come back to hunt you because head to head, your matchup with them is falling apart, even if y'all have the same schedule. So that's what I'm saying, Like it's all relative, even early in the season, that you have success versus your NFC opponents.
Speaker 2: All right, in the NFL you have firing of Robert Solim. More news out of that division. The New England Patriots have bench quarterback Jacobe Brissett for Drake May who they took third overall in the draft out I was Carolina.
Speaker 3: So by time, yeah, because they was he was about to lose that locker room.
Speaker 2: And then with Buffalo having lost a winnable game like that and question marks about Sean mcdermom, maybe coach Soul and the Dolphins are creeping out there, Mike slid back.
Speaker 3: In now you think so. Wouldn't that be something if coach Saul got coached the year you lose it, will you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be wild though.
Speaker 5: I mean he loses, I mean, come on, now, he loses his quarterback and he still coaches to win the division.
Speaker 3: I mean that's whether it's winnable or not.
Speaker 5: Still, he's in the same division as Buffalo to a lot better than people thought. Man, because I thought, you know, you could just plug a quarterback in with that system, and you you need a guy that can I can dot some people up. It might be just the quarterbacks they're going with. I mean, if the Boys was hot guard, the Boys were not very good. But dipsy dumpster juice not the trail. What's that get off by sneakers?
Speaker 2: He is hating her hair. That's Garry Church. I merely knew he scratch. Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club