Speaker 1: Look mare, oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture.
Speaker 2: Yes, lost culture ding lost Culturista's calling. Mmm.
Speaker 3: I just popped a little treat into the mouth, which is where those things go.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy that you said that, because one of the things I was most excited to get on here and talk to you.
Speaker 2: About is I have Well.
Speaker 1: First of all, flashback to last year. The snack of the summer was cucumbers chopped up with some hot sauce and a little bit of salt and pepper. There is a new snack of desire. Tell us, this is my honor to say.
Speaker 2: This snack of the summer is frozen green grapes. Frozen green grapes. You better prase.
Speaker 1: Your grapes up. Take him out, put him in a bowl, let him, you know, soften a little bit. Pop pop. It's as if you're eating dessert. I'm thrilled to share this. It's nature's jewelry in a way, don't you think, yes, because you actually are more beautiful while you do it, just like everyone's more beautiful with jewelry. It's real culture number four, Everyone more beautiful, beautiful jewelry, jewelery.
Speaker 3: First of all, that is a huge announcement. Congratulations to frozen grapes, green grapes. I'm sorry, no, red, It's just that I can't be sure yet. I know for a fact that frozen green grapes are I need.
Speaker 2: To put something out there.
Speaker 3: Why they red grapes, red wine, green grapes, white wine? You don't call them I don't think you call them white grapes?
Speaker 2: Do Can I say? I call them purple grapes? Interesting? I but also I'm color deficient in the eyes.
Speaker 3: No, you're being self able as you're so right, you can invalidate you calling them purple grapes just because you're quote unquote color deficient.
Speaker 2: Here's what I would say.
Speaker 1: If you look at it and say it's red, you're definitely right because I'm color deficient. And that's just me knowing my It's me knowing my affliction. I love the word affliction. You're actually you should on afflict yourself because they are actually purple okay.
Speaker 2: Most of the time. Why did you say red then?
Speaker 3: Knowing full well because I call them red grapes because that's what they're called at the grocery store.
Speaker 2: Oh are they really? Okay?
Speaker 1: So that's where we so dies diverge in the woods because I don't go in there. What was the last time you went in a grocery store by yourself? Probably one time. I was making buffalo chicken dip for some events. So this is like Super Bowl. I'll go in the grocery store if I need to make buffalo chicken dip basically, and what.
Speaker 2: Do you get? What do you get? What are the ingredients?
Speaker 1: Oh girl, there's a whole list that I have saved, probably both in my notes app and on my phone as a picture.
Speaker 2: But if I had to stay off the top of my head, you need to rotistory chicken. Shred that on us. Oh that's your short cut. This cheese, a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of that cheese, little bit of teese, a little bit of that cheese, some rans, some blue cheese, some fetter crumbles.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Frank's red Hot.
Speaker 3: That is so, so, so fab and I would you agree that rotisserie chicken is nominated this year at the Lost Cultureistice Culture Awards.
Speaker 2: We're not sure for what category.
Speaker 1: Yet, but I think it's a front runner. I just want to say that I suddenly felt a surge of buzz for Rotista Chicken chicken.
Speaker 3: Think about how amazing rotisserie chicken is, the smell, the look. You skip so many steps in so many recipes by buying rotisserie chicken.
Speaker 1: And the thing is it is monoculture. Yes, people forget that. Like I think that Rotisserie Chicken is a TV show. I think it's a film series. I think it's so much more than just the most straightforward chicken you could really even get, especially at the grocery store.
Speaker 2: But it's for Quadron, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 1: Hmmm?
Speaker 3: I just want to quickly shout out the treat that I popped into my mouth. Truly, this is not an ad eating botanicals they sent me. They did send me like a fun and little pr box, but they have really good marijuana products. They sent me some too. I'm so excited you are endorsing the strip book. I'm endorsing this strip. Daily Elevation is like and their Fixer Upper. Those are like their their their big hits. And then they have the Nightly Nightcap, which we took on Fire Island. Yes we did this past week and put us right to bed. I didn't sleep so warrible just because I was jet lagged that night, but then I took it later in La and was out like a light, slept like a baby.
Speaker 2: Worked like a charm on me in Vire Island.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have been sleeping so and this is I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to break.
Speaker 2: No, please, you must glow. But lately I have been sleeping so well. I'm which happened, which I will say.
Speaker 1: Listen, it makes the morning's difficult because I'm not the easiest riser.
Speaker 2: Like some like.
Speaker 1: It's either I rocket out of bed or it's really hard for me. I don't have like a routine. You know, my mornings have been tough. I think I'm just like adjusting to a new space literally, so you know, I'm finding it. I'm sleeping so well that it's hard to get up. Does that make sense.
Speaker 2: I've slept, I've slept and I can't get up. Yeah, it's sort of like when I'm down, I'm down. Maybe maybe that's also the amount of energy I'm spending, which is a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, you are newly a city rat once again, and you are just kind of scurrying about and grabbing pizza, grabbing a little piece of a little Greek coffee cup. You're really going all around, and so you're just readjusting. You're metabolizing the city in a new way. It's been two cold brew mornings, and I think that's too much for me. I think it's I've been over caffeinated a lot. That's okay, It's New York, baby, You're so right. The push, the pull of the city, the city that swirls you, dips you, then kisses you right on the mouth.
Speaker 2: New York, that city of life. What is this the city of It's the city of life. This is the city of life. That's the only word that really encompasses all that New York does.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, I mean this is a preview for me. I don't think so, honey. But a no city like New York City.
Speaker 2: No, And this is the best city in the world. It really is the best city in the world.
Speaker 1: I hope you're not putting it up on a pedestal right now to yank them down later with your I don't think so, honey. No, it's just really in the news. It's really in the news because of mayor. Oh yes, because of mayor. Because of mayor.
Speaker 2: Can we not? Okay?
Speaker 1: So this is my plan. Don't even rank Cuomo. Don't rank Cuomo, zran number one. It's around number one and probably nothing else. Maybe I don't know. Let's see, we need to put all the chips on Zoran. Don't you feel I feel like we all solidified it behind Soroan we actually would have a serious race.
Speaker 3: Well, this is what the working families party, if you are a fan of them, if you all with their values.
Speaker 2: I don't know how ranked choice works. Girl, I vote for who I want to win. I do the mayor thing by American Idol rules.
Speaker 3: They played Kelly's audition. She has always been herself, that girl, that woman, that legend.
Speaker 2: Because you know what she kept saying.
Speaker 3: What when she say y'all in her audition, Well, no, y'all of course, But then she was she said.
Speaker 1: Cool beans, cool beans, cool beans. Well she was famous for cool beans. Well I forgot about her association with cool beans until I saw this clip again, and I was like, right, Like Kelly was one of the big pushers of cool beans, and cool beans is making a return.
Speaker 2: I can feel it.
Speaker 1: There was actually a time when cool beans was dangerously close to becoming Kelly's whole personality.
Speaker 2: There on American idle of course, like.
Speaker 1: And they were doing cool beans with her too much, and I'm like, dude, stop making her the cool beans girl, because this girl is the American I would have like true opinions on this as a day twelve year old.
Speaker 2: I was like, I see what they're trying to do with her in this cool beans thing. They're trying to minimize her. And then they tried to say ducka ducka duca. Do you remember this? This is what a ducka ducka? I thought it was waka waka no.
Speaker 1: At one point she was like Simon said something to her after an edition like yeah, I didn't remember you from before, but you were good.
Speaker 2: And just and just said it like that, and she goes uh uh, and she didn't know.
Speaker 1: What to do, so she very slowly made her way back to the green room and she gets there and they were like what what just went down?
Speaker 2: And she said something like he said what he said? And I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: So I was like, nuka ducka duca And then they tried to make duka ducka ducka a thing. I was like, this girl can't be ducka ducka ducka and cool beans not singing r E s p ect like that.
Speaker 2: Ultimately I won, though you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Here I sit on the throne of Kelly fandom and I say, look, I look at all my kingdom, and I say, I won.
Speaker 2: So this is all a conquest to you, being a Kelly fan. It is. I'm so machiavellian, who is that.
Speaker 3: Congrats to this scrappy woman, happy Taylor. So I have happy for her and no truly happy for her. Absolutely, in the words of Baldian Daoud, we can finally admit to preferring the superior version.
Speaker 1: Of style, which is no. All of nineteen eighty nine is back. We are so back with our guys. And I don't think I listened to the Totals version.
Speaker 3: I walked away from nineteen eight nine for a little bit because of TV. And this is which is not to say that I love is it over now?
Speaker 1: In the vault tracks, I've been going into hard on reputation in the last six months, especially after this announcement, just like what an album?
Speaker 3: And she's right, like, how could she improve on this? I did the same thing I did something bad?
Speaker 1: Is so slept on I Did Something Bad is a crazy, little, freaky, little weird, little genius pop song. It's so bizarre. It's number three on that album, like it's early and it's really weird. If you listen to Reputation in a Vacuum again, she went for it like there were risks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean, if it's good enough for Cynthia Ravo and Shoshana Bean, never ever, never forget.
Speaker 1: That actually was so on my mind. I couldn't get past that song on my rewatch of it. And then I watched the Cynthia and Shoshana thing and I was like, yeah, I mean this song had a moment but didn't have its moment.
Speaker 2: It's so kooky. I love it.
Speaker 3: No, it deserves its moment, and why does it feel so good?
Speaker 1: I remember she did it in Reputational World tour as well, and I was there in the rain and she like really was feeling that song in this way that was so Reputation era, just like fuck you, I'm this girl, you know what I mean? And I was just like, yeah, she really believes this. She really is like she acted, she was committed to the bit.
Speaker 3: That's one of the shickeest shall I say Joker mods that we've had and Top Culture recently because it was controlled.
Speaker 1: It was like, I love Joker era, I love Villain era, I love Dark era. Mm hmmm you've had you've had that when you were in college during We're outside, that was your villain era. Oh yeah, but not in a way where yeah you know what actually, yes, that was my Dark era.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I can't stomach it. I can't stomach like fuck you to everybody, like I know, that's not who we are.
Speaker 2: It's because you're in your heart, your Uli Gui, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You think we were ruthless towards each other playing Mario Party though, And I want to say that that is I think an area where I think we truly go for each other during Mario Party because we both know it's war like in the game. And I know that you make moves against me because you know I'll forgive you, Like whenever you get the opportunity and Mario Party to like steal coins, you always come for me, your girl, because you know I forgive you. So unfortunately I had to pay you back and I took your star away and I was gonna fifty good.
Speaker 3: Coin who like is the more punished person in this dynamic.
Speaker 1: I didn't say there was a more punished person. I said that we are at war, and that is an area where we are at war, and it's okay.
Speaker 2: Matt turned the tide of the game.
Speaker 3: Last week, we were playing Mario Party on Fire Island because it's been rainy there and so it's been a lot of indoor time with the house, which I actually do prefer. Yeah, I'm gonna say, but we were playing Mario Party Jamboree and good stuff, really great game, really great game. One of a game that Celestium loves so much that they joined the Discord for it. What kind of things go down on the Discord? On the Discord, it's like, does anyone want to log on and play a game live? Oh?
Speaker 2: Nice, it's really fun.
Speaker 1: That is one thing I missed out on in my video game playing days is the live playing.
Speaker 2: But also it's probably fine.
Speaker 1: I would have been so hooked and also probably gotten weird with people.
Speaker 3: And the Rogers DNA Chelsea Ryan Rodgers gaming Diva. She and I fuck with each other on that level.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I love that, But she she plays Wow. She's still a Wow girl.
Speaker 1: I play it's rival, it's competitor, Final Fantasy fourteen, and I get her.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like I could spend a whole It's not that we're depressed, it's that we could spend a whole day indoors playing these games, building community, through crafting and through through you know, battle.
Speaker 2: I dream of a day.
Speaker 1: It is my dream for me to think of you, my sister, and my actual blood sister, to play together the same game. I wonder if there's ever a way we can bridge this gap and find a game that we both love playing.
Speaker 2: I think Mario Party is already there. It's right in front of us. And wow, that's so crazy that you can live play Mario Party.
Speaker 1: What happens if like the classic thing happens of like you know some do you speak to people? No, you can't speak to people. There's this this switch app where you can do game chat and you chat through the app. It's actually kind of incredible technology, and we're we are recording this days before the Switch to launch.
Speaker 3: Huge moment in gaming history.
Speaker 2: Personally for me, what what makes this so momentous? It's just a really big deal to have an open world Mario Kart. It's where we've had our first new Mario Kart game, truly new Mario Kart game. And I would say over a decade since whenever that we you know, yeah, since whatever the WEU version came out Mario Kart eighth.
Speaker 3: So it's been it's just been a while. It's been a long time since we've had a new Mario Kart. And you, I know you love Mario Kart.
Speaker 2: I love Mario Kart.
Speaker 1: I mean, I My thing is, I just like when everything was a little bit simpler. It's it's okay, it's it's not that it's not simpler. It's not that it's it's just more needs to happen, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean more needs to happen?
Speaker 3: I'm saying in the time that's passed since you thought games were simpler, like, games have had to soup themselves up more in the act as a way of pushing the genre forward.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was.
Speaker 1: I was truly one of those kids that was like Super Mario, Like I was playing the your Super Mario, the original games. Yeah, like the first time Donkey Kong even stepped onto the stage.
Speaker 3: So do you know who Donkey Kong. Who is the woman that Donkey Kong predator had kidnapped? Do you know who that woman is?
Speaker 2: Who is she?
Speaker 3: People think it's Peach. It's Pauline and she is now the mayor, the county mayor. Oh that's Pauline and lounge singer of New Donk City.
Speaker 2: But she is.
Speaker 3: It's a throwback to the original Donkey Kong where this is the raven haired woman. Who is who was kidnapped by Donkey Kong? Was Pauline.
Speaker 1: I have always wondered who she was because you play as Pauline often.
Speaker 2: Love there is a Pauline hive. Yeah, I think, but you know I always played with Rosa.
Speaker 1: You actually would love Super Mario Galaxy where you learn of this mystery and the story of Rose Alena.
Speaker 2: See. Can I say something though? Something about Rosalina is losing me a little bit.
Speaker 3: You can't just be like I stand Rosalina. But wait, okay, fine, no, I actually can.
Speaker 2: First of all, she's fictional, so I'm actually gonna tear her limb from limb because I'm not hurting anyone.
Speaker 1: I don't love the Chief Law. I kind of don't get the flying thing. I guess This is why I need to watch, is why you need to play the game. Galaxy? Is that what it's called? Galaxy? I did say that that was one of my favorite words. The title of this episode is galaxy is galaxy? I love when something is galactic or in a galaxy.
Speaker 3: There is an ASM artist by the name of Gentle Whispering. Some would call her the mother of asmr Oh my god, some would, and she is a you know, Russian icon. She actually sad an insane story. She was absolutely the victim of a human trafficking scheme.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That is part of a story of coming to America. And she shares the inhering detail on her other blog, her lifestyle blog Sassy Masha.
Speaker 2: Yes, I see Masha.
Speaker 3: So she she kind of like puts on a Russian accent in her asmr v is because it does tickle your brain. And she's consciously doing it because like she chops up her grammar a little bit, I think because she just knows that it like.
Speaker 2: She knows what so. So at one point she's doing it, she does a target hall.
Speaker 3: This is years ago, and she does a target hall and she went for back to school hall and she is whispering, and then she she brings out this like a space themed notebook, and then she says the words, this book has the theme of galaxy. And it makes I think of that anytime you've brought up the word galaxy, because it's it's that this book has the theme of galaxy. Is such a beautiful sentence, wouldn't you say? This book has the theme of gallay galaxy? This episode has the theme of the theme of galaxy.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite galaxy? Andromeda? Really? Yeah? Uh, what's yours? Na boo girl, that's a planet. Dang Star Wars galaxy a galaxy? That way, Star Wars.
Speaker 1: You know people out here saying that and Or was the best show of all time, of all time.
Speaker 2: That there are and Or people who will publicly be really really really trying to rally the rally up the trips.
Speaker 1: And Or is huge in the Star Wars community and beyond of all time. People are saying that now, I mean, you know what I'm saying in a hyperbolic way. They can't believe how good and Or is, but sure they can.
Speaker 2: They love they love Star Wars, they love Star Wars.
Speaker 1: They got a talented guy doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's believe it? What's not? What's where's the incredulity coming from? You know what I mean? I believe it. Something's good. Believe it. You can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how good that was. You sound stupid. You've been watching good movies forever.
Speaker 2: You're wearing it. You can't believe it.
Speaker 1: You're wearing a Jedi robe holding a lightsaber like.
Speaker 2: You bought in you can believe it, like you you.
Speaker 1: Own a pork plushy? Like, can you believe it?
Speaker 2: You know what? Oh my god, I missed that pork plushy. It's what happened, you know.
Speaker 1: She we're just living in different We're living separately, me and the in the pork right now, we're living separately.
Speaker 3: We're living Oh interesting, would you? I would say that they really freaked it with the pork design. I everyone saw the porg and was like, damn, that's cute.
Speaker 2: That was one of the most winning elements of that film. I would say, uh, last Jedi.
Speaker 1: Yes, the porg was a great invention, and I believe earns the film sort of it falls into the positive category.
Speaker 2: I love that movie anyway.
Speaker 1: I like anyone that's anyone that's disputing the Last Jedi.
Speaker 2: Remember that it was the Porg's and kind of get a grip. Get a grip.
Speaker 3: Also, if you hate Last Jedi, then you deserve to watch all of the Nights Out films two weeks after the general public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't get Ryan Johnson. Okay, you fucked up. You will be on the wrong side of history.
Speaker 3: Can I say, just to compliment Gracie's dad, I am out here. I've always loved Rise of Skywalker because but apparently people really don't don't like that.
Speaker 2: I love all of them.
Speaker 1: What I loved about Rise of Skywalker was it felt like it was the campiest one, Like when they when they may kiss, bitch, I screamed.
Speaker 2: I was like that, so gaggy, I will. I'll never forget sitting there like there's no way they'll kidd Oh my god, they kiss. I loved it.
Speaker 1: They came out of nowhere. But also of course loved it. I love kissing and then dying. A Little Fall of raincoded A Little Fall of Rain coded a song I sometimes will listen to out of Nowhere, like I could be having a wonderful summer day, like I could be walking along the streets listening to let's call it up tempo pop music. You know, my spirits are up, and then something will happen to me, like some part of my brain, like some synaps will fire, and I know I'll have to listen to a little fall of rain. That is your That's a beautiful thing for you to return to. Sorry, I'm I just got off a plane. I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: I'm back. I'm back. I'm back to t word. I'm staying tired again. Reclaim it, reclaim it honestly when it's the truth, it's the truth.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that, can I just ask you something? Yeah, So did you fly back to New York to get your switch?
Speaker 3: I flew back to New York because originally I was supposed to come back yesterday, and I was supposed to leave Thursday night or the next day on Friday, because I had something booked this week.
Speaker 2: But then those things fell off.
Speaker 1: But I did want to get my switch too, in case I can intercept it.
Speaker 2: It's so worth it. So ultimately I could have sent you the switch.
Speaker 1: No, you could have told me because you didn't have to fly the way back here to get the switch.
Speaker 3: I literally flew all the way back here to be in my own damn home because I have not really been here the.
Speaker 1: Lost You want to be in your space. I love loving my home that much, isn't that? I wish you can say everyone.
Speaker 2: Is mother and those are moving.
Speaker 1: Like you sing a ballad around your house. Oh wow, I'm gonna start writing that. It's just about being my room.
Speaker 2: This is mar these a moving. I think it could be huge. Actually, that is our generations. Look at this photograph, yeah, lure, this phoneograph. We haven't had a song that reminds us all we're living in a time. We haven't had that.
Speaker 3: And we also haven't had a song in a while that is basically expressing the idea.
Speaker 2: Look at this, this is my room.
Speaker 1: This is l these I'm having.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. It gets harder every higher, every now and then.
Speaker 3: You and Patty Harrison need to do it in that I am always saying, we need to do it.
Speaker 2: We need we really need a night of cabaret. Ooh, what an idea? Call it? Maddie, Maddie m A T T. I I like it. Maddie Rogerson, Mattie Rogerson, Oh wow, that's really the power couple we've always needed.
Speaker 1: It's me and Patty period. Imagine we stunned in a new photo leaving like via Karata. Yeah, I see it, don't you know? I wonder how many times we'd have to walk in and out of a car before someone would take a picture of us and say that we're done going into via Karata, Like, how many times going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.
Speaker 2: I think everyone hires their own paths.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, you know what Charlie said, I don't want else held it constantly.
Speaker 2: She did. She did say that we called out all the girls. Oh wait, no, that's on of the remixes it No, I think that's on the regular version of Wait a Minute.
Speaker 3: As of this episode release, you can go to the artists presale for the Culture Awards.
Speaker 2: Use the ticket code cult.
Speaker 1: We have to actually make sure that we etch in stone something which is that the trophy itself is called the culture, the culture, and we just want to make sure that people know that, like the Emmy, the Oscar, the Tony, like you can actually think about like that physical object and say those are those things. The same applies here when you see that bronze west em doorstop over that like cylindrical gold yep, over that cylindrical base base That is the colch.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I guess you would not call the program the colches.
Speaker 1: No, No, this is the last culture cuts the LCAs.
Speaker 2: You can win a coach there. Yeah. I like that for us. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that the statue has its own identity, its own name, its own way of being referenced separately.
Speaker 2: Yes. Do you think in the third like, say not next year?
Speaker 1: Maybe the year after we suddenly revealed that the coach has eyes, Oh my god, And we slowly reveal over time that the coach is in like anthropomorphic thing and actually has an inner life, And by the time we're done with the Cultural Awards, it's like a fully realized Oscar Worthy character.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I think the cult should absolutely, I think, just come to life in some way.
Speaker 3: But that's what you mean by the cult has eyes. It doesn't have to have like eyes.
Speaker 2: Every year.
Speaker 1: We need to show a little bit more about the culture's personality interesting to make it by the end a franchise. I'm always thinking in terms of how to make.
Speaker 2: Us more money Bowen. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: I am always constantly have my eye enfranchising this empire. Hm hmm, let's make the culture a character, write the film so that shit. I don't know whoever's going to beg for the hardest Disney right right, ride this to the moon, babe.
Speaker 3: I will say, I know you're doing a bit, but it's like I'm seeing our girl page disorder out here selling like big T shirts for sleep or something, and I go, we would never we could never do that, could we?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: And I'm saying like this is like highest praise and compliments to the sky for the for like the entrepreneurs is and the entrepreneurs who are like putting pushing product. I don't think you and I could like have like a prime drink.
Speaker 2: We don't. We can't.
Speaker 1: We can't speak for yourself. Okay, that's speak for yourself. Because I sell I sell Big.
Speaker 2: Bro and Little Bro to like tank tops. You know that's great.
Speaker 3: It's that is merch, which is different from let me sell you anne product line something with function.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you and I are a lifestyle home brand.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. I don't think you and I are glassware.
Speaker 1: I don't think you and I are a big plate I don't think you and I are serving spoon. I think you and I are experiences and indulgences.
Speaker 3: We are only going to make our money from using our voices and what we produce with our voice.
Speaker 2: Much like Taylor.
Speaker 1: Swift, I'm trying to think if we could have something, maybe we would do like a gum if we did not and Bowen.
Speaker 2: Gum that's actually really good? Can I say that actually might be a good idea?
Speaker 1: Like are you chewing Matt and Bowen? We should do chewing gum chewing guy like chewing out. That would actually also be really fun to taste.
Speaker 2: Tests. Gotta go, what's work today? We have to go try all the gum that's really good? Well?
Speaker 1: What our gum taste like? You think this is again something now we have to agree on. I think what I had an idea. Okay, it's two different flavors. It's split in half.
Speaker 2: H that's really good. What are those flavors? Though? We have to think about this. This like coconut lime, coconut lime. I love that, you know, like it just like does your standard sort of like duos, your iconic duos, strawberry banana. You know you think there's a whole bunch of different flavors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh well, I mean we can start with we can start with a very specific one.
Speaker 2: What do you think is our flagship flavor? Hmmm?
Speaker 3: I think you're like minty fresh m hmm, like broad appeal, And I am.
Speaker 1: What that's I've never had something. Kinder said to me that my gum brand is mass appeal. Thank you, now, you are one of the most massively appealing girls.
Speaker 2: What gum are you?
Speaker 3: I am a touch of cream, you know, mint and cream, a touch of cream.
Speaker 1: There was so much joy coming off of your face when you said that. You threw your little gaze to the side and you were like a touch of cream, A touch of cream. I think you are a touch of cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I had no idea that we were going to create this business today. Is it called something like?
Speaker 2: Is it? What's the name of our gum brand? Friendship? Friendship gum? Friendship gum?
Speaker 1: What brings people together? I really get ass gum more than gum. Nothing?
Speaker 2: All right, So we're gonna get started on this on friendship gum.
Speaker 1: Friendship gum is actually Matten Bowen's friendship gum is Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, Yeah, that's gonna be huge.
Speaker 1: Thank you Page Disorbo, by the way for inspiring us, because I knew we were way more page than we were giving ourselves credit for sure. By the way, how should I start Summerhouse? Because I'm not I'm not super familiar with that universe. Do I start from the beginning? But it seems like it's a different show entirely in its early season. I'm not really the best person to ask because I very much just like join yeah, esther, because I've just joined Summerhouse in progress, and oh okay, okay, all right, Anna says season three. All right, says start season three? Okay, because that page comes in.
Speaker 2: God, she really is that girl, So you would say, Anna, that page is the unequivocal best thing about the show.
Speaker 1: I would agree, yes, she says, yes, Okay, I mean she's a star.
Speaker 2: Like what can we say?
Speaker 1: Definitely like there is a serotonin hit that happens when she comes onto screens. Oh yeah, I mean I'm gonna say there's like a there's like a Hepburn quality there, Audrey, I should say, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean there's a little star quality in there, A.
Speaker 1: Lot of star quality by a little im a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean, I get it. I mean I think that we are.
Speaker 1: I mean I was calling them the Jackie Oh and JFK the Kennedys of Bravo.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, and then and then look what happens in being.
Speaker 1: Forced to pick aside as we all are whenever there is any breakup.
Speaker 3: And now she's she's finding her Aristotle a Nassis. Oh it could be anywhere, God, isn't it. I still can't get over that Aristotle anasss well fucking Jackie's sister can and then going just kidding, I'm marrying her.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go no, these people politicians are so sick. They're so sick.
Speaker 1: I actually think I would entertain again watching like a well, I guess you know what this is the Diplomat.
Speaker 2: I have to start the Diplomat.
Speaker 1: And I was just saying too, I was saying, I'm interested for the first time in a while again in like a like a DC political thriller. And apparently the Diplomat is really good. And I got my girl in it, Carrie and Alison, who.
Speaker 3: Came together at Tesnel with Kristin it was a real diplomat, sort of like Trio.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you powerful, you girls go off. Do you know what I actually thought today for some reason because I presented last night at the Gotham Awards, and I was thinking about presenting and I remember one of the best, like presenting Mayan Kristen No, it was Carrie Russell and Ray Romano did a bit a few years ago at the Golden Globes and they had perfect chemistry. And I was like, that's hard because when you're up there doing the presenting thing, you.
Speaker 1: Can't really hear, right, it's really hard. Yeah, it's it's it's like it's a little dance you do.
Speaker 3: It's a little dance you do. But I'm sure you pulled it off with the plum oh.
Speaker 2: I acquitted myself. It was really fun. It was a really fun evening. Like I like the Gotham Awards.
Speaker 1: They it's all new series, so that's like the theme there. It's just like, you know, the things nominated all in first year series and the Little Boy from Adolescence one, and they were just showing clips from Adolescence and I was like, dear god, I was having a heart attack even sitting there watching at.
Speaker 2: The washing tip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know, And then it was just it was just crazy, but like I'm like, yeah, that should win.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there and I'm like, for sure the way I feel right now, give it that. Oh, give it that totally, totally.
Speaker 3: Well, oh, just to get us quickly back on track, there might be some confusion about what the taping is. So the special taping is versus the show, so we are it's not going to be live, unfortunately for now or not even unfortunately. I think fortunately it's we have some time to work out the kinks because this is our first time doing this this way, and we are taping the show on July seventeenth at the Orphium in Los Angeles, and then on August fifth it will be on Bravo at nine pm Eastern and Pacific, and then the next day will be on Peacock.
Speaker 2: So that is the brass tacks.
Speaker 1: Go for the tickets now, use the code word culch, and then you come in la July seventeenth, it's on Bravo August fifth, the next day Peacock hopefully immediately.
Speaker 3: I think so, I think they it's your standard eight hours or six hours from when it airs.
Speaker 2: Did you see the Survivor fifty cast? I did? What do you think.
Speaker 1: I think kind of crazy to bring Kyle back, kinda nuts. Yeah, I'm happy for Camilla.
Speaker 3: I am curious to see if Joe switches up his gameplay or actually like plays the game at all.
Speaker 2: I love Joe.
Speaker 1: I am all back from season forty eight.
Speaker 2: By the way, all back from season forty Those of you casually casually following the news of Survival fifty and there's two yet to be determined, yet to be okay, got it? This just reaffirms the idea that I have to actually watch the Mike White season. We started it the day after you left in the Pines.
Speaker 1: Aaron and I watched the first episode of season thirty seven, David Versus Goliath, which is the season Mike White initially competes on.
Speaker 2: It is a really fun watch.
Speaker 1: And they also brought back Angelina from that season, who's such a blast, and this guy Christian. That was a really good season where multiple people should be brought back season forty eight. I don't get bringing anyone back besides Camilla.
Speaker 2: To Belu, I feel like we've seen we've literally seen him win.
Speaker 1: Kyle and Joe just played and I feel like we get Joe. I was so shocked by a lot of the new era choices, but when you think about the old era, like, yeah, I'll miss some people. But I was watching Jeff Propes like actually announce the nominees and he did the whole thing of like reading them as if they were votes, and I was like, it was exciting to watch every name pop up as a longtime fan of the show. I'll just miss Jerry, Like that's like a big time I don't think somebody for me that I'm gonna do, Actually is I don't think somebody. Why why they didn't include Jerry Manthea on the season.
Speaker 2: Thrilled for Suri although I can't.
Speaker 1: Always last, No, but I mean I'd rather watch her than not. But people being like SuRie again, I'm like, what, you don't want to watch Suri? What if she does great?
Speaker 2: Like you never know? No, I never.
Speaker 3: That is not a complaint that you should have about Suri. By the way, there's no such thing as too much Sury on your television.
Speaker 1: It's a very on paper thing to react to Suri's casting like that. It's like, oh, you see she's done in a bunch. Yeah, that's because she's always so much fun to watch.
Speaker 3: She's incredible and so easy to route for because she's so good. She's so good Ozzie love I. I guess we're all disappointed about Carolyn. Obviously we needed Carolyn. Carolyn was like one of the only genuine stars of the three season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't believe. There was no shann there was no Recard.
Speaker 1: There was no Carolyn, there was no Jesse, there was no Carla, there was no Cassidy, there was no I mean, there were so many people that had narratives to go into this. Yeah, yeah, Oh there was other ones too. Oh we are so excited.
Speaker 2: Hi, I love High.
Speaker 1: I would have loved to have seen him, like, but but it's gonna be it's gonna be great. But it's just like, oh, there were so many other like almost all of the new era people I would have picked weren't in there. And no one from the twenties, no one from the twenties, Abby Maria. They needed another chance anyway, they're just scared of good TV that well, they don't put Abby Maria on Survivor. It's just because sometimes and this is just I'm just gonna pull the curtain back. Sometimes the networks are scared to be too good. They don't want us eatings that well because because if you e well.
Speaker 2: You get saytiated, you need a break like they need to.
Speaker 1: They don't want to give us Abu Maria because they know they would give us television that.
Speaker 3: And we can walk away, right that you would you would be feasting on So well, yeah, I'm not familiar with her season and I can't get over that. Her name is Abu Maria.
Speaker 2: She was basically a demon and played the game as one of the like she played like a chaos agent.
Speaker 1: Like she she just like really was unbearable on purpose as a strategy. Yeah, and she did well because because a lot of those people are like bring them to the end.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna win, No one's gonna vote for them.
Speaker 1: But then in the back of your mind, you're like, but if they can argue it as a strategy, like I pretended to be the most unsavory person here. Yeah, it's kind of genius. That's how I would play. I've actually tried to play like that in the Survivor quarantine. Oh right, and look where I got you?
Speaker 3: I mean between and the way I do love the Kyle and Camilla is I love when people go Survivor is a performance.
Speaker 2: Let's perform.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love I love acting on Survivor, and Camilla was one of the greats actor. And you know what, I always look forward to the Bowen Yank Survivor contestant endorsement. And this season you did. You went to your story, you posted a picture of Camilla and you said it's her.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I'll have a sea as already, like I between like you and Cia, like you are the celebrity ambassadors for that. No, but I do want to start a thing now where I.
Speaker 2: I pick out my favorite for me each season of Couples Therapy. I need to start. I need to start. And you know what I realized, bo, like, we absolutely need doctor Arnold on the podcast.
Speaker 3: I think doctor Arner will be in the world, in the mix in some way. For sure. She will come on soon, says producer Anna. Okay, fine, it's happening. Or I was looking at our calendar for June and I was like, I'm a little anxious, and now I'm like, yeah, come on.
Speaker 1: And soon and soon we hear her daughter is a reader, so oh really this might be conjecture I've just heard through the Grapevine.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Daughter the Great? What is there to talk about? I think we can keep this week short. I don't know that there is much more to talk about, so this might be a short one and let's just launch into I don't think so, honey. Yeah, so we've got We've gotten preview from both of ours.
Speaker 1: I've explicitly said what mine is? You have sort of like you can air around.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Why it's our sixty second segment where we take exactly that amount of time to rant rail and more against something in culture that needs so bloodiness place, and here we go. I'm ready for them.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is Macroders and I think Sonny as time starts now, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think Sonny that you're not going to put Jerry Manthy on the season fifty of Surviving.
Speaker 2: You're an idiots. You guys are wacko.
Speaker 1: And also, if you weren't going to put her on, why did she feel like she was close enough that that was her reaction on Instagram? She's staring into the desert sky, sitting on a rock, wordlessly processing, and that is not.
Speaker 2: How I want to see Jerry Manthe.
Speaker 1: I want to see Jerry manthe straddling like a crocodile and the Australian Outback and by crocodile and feelings and urges towards Koby Donaldson. And speaking of Colby Donaldson, I'm not excited about him without Jerry. How could you not take the opportunity to follow that narrative through of putting Jerry and Kobe together. I know they tried in heroes versus villains, but you could have really seen it through. That is one of the reasons initially why it was a television phenomenon because of those characters.
Speaker 2: You had the reason to bring the bay.
Speaker 1: Second, did in you fool you let her stare at the sky in the desert upset and hurt?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 3: That's one minute. I mistakenly said if she was on a beach in that video. I apologize.
Speaker 2: Oh another thing, Amanda China. Oh okay, So here's my thing with Amanda. What happened there?
Speaker 1: What happened because apparently she was gonna do it and then all of a sudden, Ozzie was on so she couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: And my question is why is that the case?
Speaker 1: And I'm not I don't want to make any like assumptions, but I'm like, why is it so weird that they can't do the show together?
Speaker 2: If that's true.
Speaker 1: I don't like that, like because we wanted to see Amanda bad and like I have a hard time like thinking that she would allow something like that to stop her from doing it unless it was like a thing. But was she expressing publicly that she was going to do it. What I heard was that they had locked her down. I mean, this is all conjecture. It's all conjecture, but for some reason, the rumor has taken shape online that they had her for the show, and then she was like made aware that.
Speaker 2: Ozzie was doing it again.
Speaker 1: I could be it's just conjecture, but for some reason she wanted to drop out or something or didn't want to do it with Ozzie, And now we have Ozzie and Amanda, when ideally I would have loved to see them both. But I don't love that that that is the case. If that happened, Well, don't love, don't love. I have something I don't love. I know it's probably your I don't think so any right, Yeah, Okay, so I'm reaching over on my phone.
Speaker 2: I'm putting the screen. I'm getting a little laugh. I'm a button that put sixty seconds on the clock. Are you ready? I'm ready Bowen Yang's I don't think so. Any time starts, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Any travel. I don't want to leave my house. Do I sound like I might be depressed? Have Matt and I switched roles this year in our summer journeys? It's possible. No, I think I'm okay. I think I'm just tired from all the travel that I've been doing, and I nothing sounds more appealing to me than to stay in and at this point in my life, if it's not Japan, Asia, if I'm somewhere, if I'm in a city besides New York, if you find me in a city besides New York that is not Japan in Japan, then I'm there against my will.
Speaker 2: Then I'm there in.
Speaker 3: Service of something else, and I'm happy to be there for something.
Speaker 2: I think if I just.
Speaker 3: Had my druthers, then the druthers would be in New York City, much like how Matt's pork is in Los Angeles. My brothers are here, and I really really like to sit on my couch more to come in Matt's new single This is My Room.
Speaker 2: And that's one minute. This is Maron. I don't know why I'm singing it in this way. For some reason, I just feel this doesn't matter. This is Marrow.
Speaker 1: I feel like I need to give it gut, you know, because I feel like it really goes to a place. Listen, bo, here's what I think we're gonna do. We're gonna take things off the schedule for you. I would be willing to sit with you and go through the calendar and we'll look at the times when you're traveling and you can find ways to a get out of it.
Speaker 2: Be take it off the schedules and more. You don't have to do any of that, yes, because someone's got to do it.
Speaker 1: You need like someone like for example, Melissa came over here and looked at my closet and just having someone else literally with me going through every piece of clothes like and being like no, yes, no, never, Oh my god, what even is this?
Speaker 2: Why is it taking space? You need that? You need that for your schedule? I think I really think you do. I think you need an outside, yeah, person to look at your things.
Speaker 3: Well, this has been a short and sweet. To quote Sabrina Carpenter album episode, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, she's coming out with new music like by the end of this week. Manchild, Manchild.
Speaker 1: Oh I hope she really hurts someone back, because clearly someone hurt her.
Speaker 2: I just hope she hurts them back, and she will. She she always has her way. All support her. It's not that I hope she hurts them back. Why she expresses herself, yes, in a cathartic way, and if someone else's feelings are hurt by it, whatever, that's art, that's pop art, that's cause and effect. Babe. We are living, loving and expressing gratitudes. All the readers, these publicist finalists and Kyle's and Moore. We end every episode with a song. Look at this photo to listen to that, you gotta listen to Nickelback. Sorry, I know, I know what photo. What do you think was in the photo? By the way, probably a meme.
Speaker 1: I actually literally do see in my mind's eye what was in that photo. And it is guys, for some reason, they're sitting in a driveway. They're standing around it's like right by a driveway. They're standing at like a it's in the front yard. It's by a driveway and there's a like a beer pong table, and in the back you see a trampoline. And it's a bunch of guys with their arms around each other, like probably five six guys all arranged around this beer pung table.
Speaker 2: And in the back you see a trampoline.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but that is the picture in my minds are when I see you this photograph like sort of like take me back to God's country.
Speaker 3: You know, no, I understand taking back to God's country. I don't totally understand. Every time I look at this photo, it makes me laugh, but it's not it's like a funny photo.
Speaker 1: Well Bowen, you don't even know how funny the people in the photo were maybe the guys in the picture.
Speaker 2: While maybe it's not a funny photo. It's just he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly like if you look at a photo and Mitch Hedberg isn't it and I gotta laugh. You're like, you're like, every time this makes me laugh, you know what I'm saying, totally Okay, bye, look at this call.
Speaker 2: Bye last Cultureist.
Speaker 1: This is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players in and iHeartRadio Podcasts. Created and hosted by Matt Rodgers and Bowen Ye Executive produced by Anna Hasnier
Speaker 3: And produced by Beck Ramos, Edited and mixed by Doug Bamim and Nikola Board and our music is by Henry Komirski