Speaker 1: Did you just spread a rumor about Bryan Snicker maybe retiring after this year because you did say that?
Speaker 2: Did you say that to you? I didn't hear that. All right, here we are Atti, Famu craps. Can you run through this for us?
Speaker 1: You saw yesterday the top hitters or in baseball in the next five years or five years from now from Aiak Chatch ept bet MGM gave us the top ten pitchers in five years, So give us one through ten real quick.
Speaker 2: For the podcraft listening later.
Speaker 3: Those Pulse games still in the pirates, so they've obviously gotten that wrong. Rokie Sasaki, Hunter Green going to the Yankees, Andrew Paynter, Trek Scoogle, Brandon Sprout, George Kirby, Noah Schultz, Garrett Crochet, and ten Chase Dolander. Somehow Jackson Joe got missed by GPT.
Speaker 4: I don't hey, listen. I think the Hunter Green is spot on. He's gonna be a Yankee.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be a part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you are listens still about me. I can get away with a couple of things. I don't think that's wrong at all. So I think they're spot on with that one.
Speaker 2: Do you think Skeins will be one.
Speaker 5: Aj Uh yeah, I mean probably if he stays healthy. I think he should be. He's got the stuff, he's got the ability to do it, and he probably won't be in Pittsburgh in five years. So yeah, like krat said, they probably got the team wrong.
Speaker 1: Is there one on this list do you think is missing or one on this list where you're like, hey, that might be a stretch.
Speaker 5: Well, my my my thing is Noah Schultz. No Schultz is what seven, He's never pitched, He's been third year pro ball. He's never pitched into a fifth inning. He's never pitched in a fifth inning. Explain that to me how you're gonna be a starting pitcher. You're three years in your career and you haven't thrown a fifth inning yet.
Speaker 6: I don't understand that one not good. That one's far in goods. Not making up stats either, he's not. I mean Jackson Joe's breaking with the team this year. I feel like Jackson job should be going.
Speaker 3: There and since we're in Cincinnati, if he ever figures it out, and I think I see a big breakout year from him this year because he's just so funky and the gale Up's easy.
Speaker 7: To him, Mick Dolo, I feel like.
Speaker 3: Lefties just like the age is just like, oh here, I'll just sling it up there with this massive breaking ball that goes from the lefty box to the righty box. Like to me, Nick Widolo's probably not in the top ten, but he needs to be talked about.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: Here we go the moment you've been waiting for a chance to make fun of our season predictions. AJ is gonna go first. I'm gonna run through just the team side of things. I want who's winning divisions, i want wild cards, and then just who's in the World Series and who wins and then you know, pick out one or two things you think stand out.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 1: We don't need help on you know, the Dodgers winning the West, if that's what you got, but give us the list.
Speaker 5: Uh, all right, Well, Dodgers obviously win in the West. In the NL, I got the Cubs in the Central.
Speaker 7: It's tough. That's a tough pick for me.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: And then the Phillies Trouts will be happy with me. In the East.
Speaker 5: American League was a little more difficult, but I'm taking because we did power rankings.
Speaker 7: You know, a couple of days ago and haven't changed yet. Uh, the Red Sox in the East.
Speaker 5: Surprisingly, I'm gonna go Tigers in the Central, and then the Rangers in the West, and then my ale champ is the Red Sox, and we're gonna have a Boston Bean Eater party because the Braves are the NL champs, and the Braves.
Speaker 8: Win it all.
Speaker 7: Because I didn't want to pick the.
Speaker 2: Boom there it isn't.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to pick my Phillies too, by the way. Uh for me, I'm gonna start in the American League. I'm gonna go the Orioles are winning the East, the Royals are winning the Central. Homer ten year anniversary of them winning the World Series. Al West is also the Rangers, and I got first wild card Yankees Red SOI is my third wild card. And then in the National League, I got Phillies in the East, Reds in the Central, and the Braves, Diamondbacks and Mets in that order for the wild card. And I got the Phillies beating the Orioles in the World Series.
Speaker 1: I think the Oriols are gonna pick up a pitcher or you're just rolling with the staff they have.
Speaker 3: I'm rolling with another year of this lineup just getting better and better.
Speaker 4: That spot on right there, that guy on the screen, because some of his picks are like, WHOA out of this world?
Speaker 9: Not not correct? What don't you like the Orioles? I don't. I don't see that happening whatsoever?
Speaker 2: Which part them all making it to all of it? Yeah, well let's let's get yours.
Speaker 9: Then.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're even making the playoffs? Or you got them out?
Speaker 9: I don't have them making the playoffs?
Speaker 2: All right? What do you got?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 9: Not trying to crush you here, Eric?
Speaker 4: You know how I am like al least I got the Yankees still doing their thing. The Central Detroit aj Hinches, Beasts, Al West, Texas, Rangers, Boston, Seattle, Cleveland as the wildcard picks, top seed would be the Rangers, NL East. Kratzi you like this, I'd picked the Phillies.
Speaker 9: I got the very.
Speaker 4: Own Cincinnati Reds here winning the Central, the Dodgers in the West, the Braves, the Padres in Milwaukee. Milwaukee as the wild card, Dodgers is the top seed and the Rangers is the top seed. I'm picking the Dodgers over the Rangers. Dodgers back to back.
Speaker 2: I love it. Wow, wait hold out, no Mets.
Speaker 9: No Mets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see it. I don't making the playoffs.
Speaker 4: No, I don't with the pitching staff right now, I just don't. I don't see them getting over the hull. I'm so to well, I'm so he's gonna have a great year, but I don't see.
Speaker 9: It right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Danny, Yeah so too, can't pitch either, so.
Speaker 10: But yeah, so I'm also not going with the Mets, in case anybody wanted to know.
Speaker 2: So my Ale East Champ, I go, I gotta go with the Yankees.
Speaker 10: With that, the Royals win in the AL Central, the AL West, the Rangers because Bruce Bochie wins every other year. And let's see Al wild wild Cards. I got red Sox, Orioles, and Mariners in that order. Top seed is the Rangers and at least champ or I got the Phillies the Central. It just tasted like Razors saying this, but the Cubs are gonna win the Central.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers went in.
Speaker 10: The West, but I got Braves, Reds, and d Backs for the wild Cards. Top seed in the National League the Dodgers, Ale Champ, the Rangers, NL Champ Dodgers. I wanted the Phillies cratzy, but I kept looking at that Dodgers lineup, so I gotta go with the Dodgers winning the worlds.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 1: You want me both, let's go. You both have the same exact Yeah, A L N L and finish. Okay, Scotty before I go any any issues, crats are aj with what you've seen.
Speaker 2: You're good. Wow.
Speaker 9: Perfect.
Speaker 3: These two just got canceled out of half the New York market. So nice job, boys. I'm no longer number one enemy number one on the ft network.
Speaker 7: It's here too, Blogheads.
Speaker 2: Not both skipping the Mets this year.
Speaker 3: There's nothing holding you back from loving your hair again. Let neutrofol target the key root causes of your thinning hair and help you grow stronger, healthier strands from within.
Speaker 5: Nutrifol is the number one dermatologists recommended hair growth supplement brand, trusted by over one and a half million people. See thicker, stronger, faster growing hair with less shedding in just three to six months with neutrifol.
Speaker 3: Building a hair growth routine is simple purchase online, no prescriptions required, automated deliveries and free shipping. Keep you on track. Plus, with a Neutrifol subscription, you can save up to twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Start your hair growth journey with neutrifol. For a limited time, Neutrifol is offering our listeners ten dollars off your first month subscription and free shipping when you go to nutropole dot com and enter the promo code fo u L. Find out why over forty five hundred healthcare professionals and stylists recommend nutrifol for healthier hair. Neutrifol dot com spelled n U t r A f o L dot com promo code foul. That's neutrafol dot com promo code foul. Okay, I'll go Ali's champ. I'm rolling with the Red Sox Ale Central. I've got the Tigers. I think they're gonna have a big year. I really like their rotation Al West. I'll do the Rangers, which a lot of people are into for me. On the Wildcards, I really like the Royals still. I think the lineup's gonna be better. I think the pitching's great. I got the Orioles making it into the playoffs as a wildcard two seed.
Speaker 2: I got the Yankees out too much pitching missing for me.
Speaker 1: The Sorcerer also says that the Ashers sneak in a wildcard spot.
Speaker 2: They always make the playoffs. That Wizard has a great beard.
Speaker 1: The Tigers as the top seed in the AL, but they don't end up making it to the World Series.
Speaker 2: I'll get to that in a sec. Philly's winning, the East Brewers winning the Central Crats.
Speaker 1: I was going back and forth on this, and I'm like, you know what, and this will play unto awards later on Churio. I think Hoskins is gonna have a bounce back year. They lost a Domis. I think they're starting rotation is actually better this year. So I got them winning the Division. Dodgers obviously, and then my wild cards, Braves, Diamondbacks, Mets. I'm very high on all three of those teams. I think all three of them have a good chance to take down the Dodgers, who would get the top seed in the NL. But I have the Dodgers not making it to the World Series. I just can't do the hangover pick, so I'll go Diamondbacks, Royals, the MLB Dream, the Fox Dream, AJ Royals, d Backs. So that everybody can shut the heck up about being complainers that it's only about the big markets.
Speaker 2: And the Diamondbacks beat.
Speaker 1: The Royals in the World Series, who both play a brand of ball that I think fits the modern game right now, don't you think it would shut a lot of people up.
Speaker 5: Of course it's not gonna happen, but I like her pos. I mean, that might be the worst World Series pick I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: I would have to agree with it. I don't see the diamond.
Speaker 5: I picked the Diamondbacks to be good, but I didn't. I mean, I'm not picking them to win the World Series.
Speaker 9: But guess what, you never know. That's why they're picks craps.
Speaker 1: They won eighty nine games last year, best offense in baseball last year. Corbyn Kyle was a shell of himself until the last couple of months of the year.
Speaker 2: He's going to bounce back.
Speaker 1: They made some pickups in the offseason, including the top starter.
Speaker 2: That was available in Corbyn Burns. I don't think it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm on team Scott on this one. I don't think it's that crazy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, appreciate you, all right, and let's finish with no, no, no.
Speaker 7: The Diamondbacks are not the problem. In this pick here. Okay, like the Diamondbacks Dimondbacks.
Speaker 5: No, I said, I picked the Diamondbacks to be good.
Speaker 7: I just said they're not going to win the World Series.
Speaker 5: But the other side we didn't even You guys are all about the diamond What about the Royals?
Speaker 7: But I mean the Royals? Okay, fine, I get it, but it's not a good pitch.
Speaker 2: They made it to the Alds last year.
Speaker 1: I liked their offseason as well, including the India pick up. I think there's a chance they pick up one more bad at the deadline, like a Luis Robert Jr. They've been adding the last couple of years, like Reagan's as the Ace.
Speaker 7: White Sox don't train in the division, Scott.
Speaker 1: That might have to change. That might have to change. Otherwise Robert goes to the Reds, and fans here will be happy. All right, let's finish with out of the park Baseball's pick, since they're more accurate than basically anything else that's publicly out there over the last several years. So let's do this. My eyes are difficult here, but I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: Right, I got it.
Speaker 1: Al, they've got the wildcard teams as the Blue Jays. Wow, the Blue Jays, the Astros and the Rays.
Speaker 2: Wow. Division winners, Yankees, Rangers, Twins.
Speaker 1: And then on the other side they've got the Phillies, Me and Padres as wild Cards, division winners, Dodgers, Braves, Cubs, and I'll skip to the World Series where they have the Braves taking down the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that we would like to make fun of here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess you picked the Braves to win the World too, this guy so yeah, not the Royals, the Bridge.
Speaker 7: I love how the park baseball.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they let you win against me a couple of years ago. I remember that.
Speaker 7: See whatever it takes.
Speaker 2: What about the Blue Jays on there? The Rays or the Rays?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we got to figure out when they did this.
Speaker 1: So they did it this morning, Davey. They there's no simulation. It's the best sim game out there.
Speaker 4: Is why baseball is the best. Every prediction we still don't know. We can make fun of anybody's predictions, but one of us is gonna hopefully one of us is gonna come true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think the Rays are a bad team. I mean, they've got good pitching crats. You have any problems on there?
Speaker 3: Uh, the Rays is my biggest issue. The Rays, Like, I don't see mcclanahan's gonna miss time.
Speaker 7: You know, other dudes are gonna miss time. That's just what the Rays do.
Speaker 3: They got rid of Jeff Springs, they got you know, they just to me, I don't think they have the depth that they used to have. And hey, they can, they can surprise me, but the East is gonna be a beast. The Blue Jays surprised me less, just because I think there's a lot of potential in that lineup and they still have a few good rotation pieces. I know they've lost Kakuchie, who wasn't actually doing awesome for him, another year of Bowden.
Speaker 1: Who knows Buden Francis now in Francis Sorry, Okay, no, I mean that's fine. I just feel like he was really good for the last month and a half of the season, but we still got to give him the first and last name. I don't I don't feel like we have him on a He's not Ellie yet.
Speaker 2: You know, he's not Judge.
Speaker 7: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like him with you it's a unique name. Yeah. The Blue Jays had a nice offseason.
Speaker 1: I feel like they get picked on because they didn't land the big boys the last couple of years, but they did a lot. I mean, we got to see how how Shus is doing with the what is it the thumb now?
Speaker 4: I think I think the black grow junior thing takes precedence over everything because they didn't sign him.
Speaker 2: Is that good or bad?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 4: I see to me it's good for this year because he's pissed off. Yeah, I know, I that's a great way of putting it. I agree with that. But you know that's all you're thinking about, and you figured about the guys that they signed and picked up, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bobachette bounced back, yere. I like Anthony Santander a lot. That's who I think the Orioles are going to really miss too in the lineup, but they've got plenty of young talent.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Part two of our season predictions involves individual awards.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start with Air Kratz.
Speaker 1: Kratz, would you like to run through who you've got and you obviously give us a little bit of detail on a few that stand out.
Speaker 3: One one I went out of the out of the box because I didn't really like the other for the American League Rookie of the Year, so I went Christian Moore. He was actually gonna be called up in September last year, didn't get the opportunity because of an injury. He'll be up ston little service time manipulation unless he wins Rookie of the Year, which I think he's going to. Dylan Cruz. To me, there's like it's a lock. I get it rookies in the National League, but I don't know the rookie's gonna get enough innings still, and Cruise is gonna play every day. Macqutruro Manager of the Year because I have the Royals winning the Al Central.
Speaker 7: I could have won it last year.
Speaker 3: Tito is gonna win the Terry Francona and l Manager of the Year because the Reds are gonna win the Central. Logan Gilbert American League, Cy Young, Zach Wheeler, Bobby Witt is the American League MVP, and in the National League MVP, I got Bryce Harper because he's gonna lead the Phillies to like I said, the World Series, a Ron Judge will be the home run leader for Major League Baseball, but fall short in the MVP voting to Bobby Witt show Hey. Last year he went through a stretch where he was like nine for nine or eleven for eleven with runners in scoring position. I think hitting more. He started to unlock what it means to hit with runners of scoring position. Stolen Base Leader Ellie, He's gonna learn to steal bases eighty five. Paul Skeins will lead the American League, I mean the Major League Baseball in era. He'll miss a few starts though, so that's why I'm not picking him as the cy Young Saves Leader. Devin Williams, the Yankee is gonna be a good team. He'll save all their games. Strikeout Leader went to a new team who unlocks normal dudes and strikeouts.
Speaker 7: Blake Snell is not.
Speaker 3: A normal dude, and he's going to be unlocked in the Strikeout Leader. I thought Crochet maybe, but I don't know. Maybe he only makes twenty eight twenty nine starts.
Speaker 1: Ft fam Legends never die. That is the motto for Homage. Go to Homage dot com and get yourself maybe one of these teas. This was one of my favorites from spring training. Got a little Grapefruit League action, nice iconic looking logo and behind me on the back is all the teams that are listed for the Grapefruit League.
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 1: Of course, if you're more of an Arizona person, you've got the T shirt for that too. But Kratz, I just love the way that they give you the highest quality material and then a little vintage action if you're looking for it.
Speaker 7: I love the vintage.
Speaker 3: I've been a baseball fan my whole life, and teams change their logos. If you're looking for a logo that your team used to have, Homage is your place to go. Go cop one of the old logos from the major league teams that maybe they don't use anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Homage dot com slash foul Territory. Go to the website and then use the code foul Territory the name of our show for twenty percent off. If you're a first time purchaser on the website, go check it out FTFAM.
Speaker 10: All right, so let's go with mine for American League Brookie of the Year. I'm going with Cam Smith made the team out of spring training, only thirty two minor league games.
Speaker 9: That he's played.
Speaker 2: But this dude's legit.
Speaker 10: He doesn't strike out. He's an on base machine. A hits ball out of the ballpark.
Speaker 2: I'm with theocratzy on the National League Brook of the Year Dylan Cruz.
Speaker 10: I really don't think anybody else is close to Saki. Might not be able to have many innings or many starts.
Speaker 2: They're so deep with the Dodgers. Who knows if they're gonna give him some time off.
Speaker 10: Ale Manager of the Year Bruce Bochie, because that's who I said earlier, is going to win the West or when the American League and they're gonna you know, he wins every other year, So Bochi's the guy.
Speaker 2: Nation League Manager of the Year Tito Francona.
Speaker 10: This team is gonna make it to the playoffs because of Tito Ale Cy Young, kerk Scougle the best pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 2: That's an easy one for me. Nationh League sy Young.
Speaker 10: I thought about schemes, but kind of the fact that if not if when the Pirates are out of the race, are they gonna take care of schemes and kind of lessen his workload. So my pick is Zach Wheeler for Nation League, Cy Young, American League MVP, Bobby Witt Junior National League g m VP. I have to stick with show Hey, major League home run leader. I'm gonna stick with show Hey with that again.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: The Major League ARBI leader will be Aaron Judge. Stolen based leader, Elie de la Cruz.
Speaker 2: That's easy. He led the league last year, led all of baseball. He's gonna do it again.
Speaker 10: Ere A leader for major leagues is Tarrek Spoogle Major League saves leader, Tanner Scott. I have him because the Dodgers is gonna win a ton of games. He's gonna get a ton of opportunities. And the Major League Baseball strikeout leader, best pitch on the planet, Trek Spooble.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, you.
Speaker 7: Know what's funny is we haven't even looked at these and we.
Speaker 5: All have a lot of the same ones. So I'm gonna start a well, Nashalage Rookie the Year, Dylan Cruz. So far everyone's picked him. Why he's from Orlando, so why not. You gotta pick guys from Orlando. Win My Ale Rookie of the Year Christian Campbell because I think he's on a big market team. He's gonna get plenty of opportunities. And I picked the Red Sox to go the World Series. I think he comes out, he's gonna be the right hand power of the Red Sox. Need Ale Manager of the Year. I'm picking a friend, Mark Kottsee, just because I picked the A's to be a sleeper team. I think they're gonna be better. I think I love Katte, I love his folded hat. I think they're gonna be good. NL manager Brian Snicker, I think it's his last year. Did he come out and say it's as possibly his last year? So I think he's gonna go out on top. Picked him to win the World Series, So therefore Snitt I was there when you win your first game.
Speaker 7: Hopefully I'll be there when you win your last game. Al Cy Young.
Speaker 5: A little bit off the board, Scott All love this logan Gilbert. I think he pitches a lot. He pitches deep into.
Speaker 7: Games, he gets a ton of strikeouts, and I just think he's gonna have a great year. I think Schooble's not gonna be as good.
Speaker 5: It's always hard to win back to back Cy Young's because you almost have to be better than you were the year before.
Speaker 7: It's tough for schoobl.
Speaker 5: NL, say Young, Zach Wheeler, I think we're three for three on that one too, just because I think some other guys are gonna be arrested. Dodgers guys aren't gonna pitch enough. Wheeler takes the ball of your fifth day, all right, al MVP, Bobby Wood Junior, he just does it all and an m O m v P. I can't go without show Hey until someone proves me wrong. Show Hay's gonna win the MVP every year unless somebody has a historic here.
Speaker 7: Somebody please prove me wrong in that one.
Speaker 5: All right, mL home run leader, krat you love this one, Kyle Schwarb or why contract here?
Speaker 7: Last year?
Speaker 5: Look at his numbers twenty three and twenty two, how many homers he hits. I think show Hayes numbers are gonna be down a little bit because he's gonna be trying to pitch. So I think Schwarbs has a big year. Plus he came on our show with the cutoff sleeve. So I love that RBI leader Vlad Guerrero Junior because he's in a contract year. He's gonna be want to get paid, so he's gonna be swinging at everything out of the zone, especially with dudes on bass stolen base easy Ellie Scott, I know you love him.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 7: I still have your cards here, Scott here, thank you? Go reds are watch Scott, No, don't do that.
Speaker 8: What I have another one right here. I know I'm gonna put him my hat here.
Speaker 5: Watch e R Logan Gilbert because I got him winning the cy Young Uh saves class A. Because I think the Guardians played a ton of close games. I don't have a huge offense. He's gonna be awesome again. Skate uh strikeouts, Trek Scoogle.
Speaker 7: There you have it. I think we're pretty similar on most of these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got some similarities too. But okay, a couple of things. First of all, a J can you flip the card at least if you're gonna put in your hat so we can see mister de la Cruz who's gonna lead the world.
Speaker 2: In stolen base is nice? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Also, did you just spread a rumor about Brian Snicker maybe retiring after this year.
Speaker 9: Because he didn't say that?
Speaker 2: Did he say that to you? I didn't hear that, oh, I asked.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't know. I didn't. I thought I heard that. I'm probably wrong, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, if he wins the World Series, maybe he stops, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean, he got a good gig.
Speaker 5: I thought I read something where Snit said, you know, I'm getting older in age, and I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm probably wrong, but that's fine.
Speaker 1: Everybody that's yeah, everyone on the Braves is signed for life. You have to be there for until you croak, So Snit okunya Olsen everybody. But yeah, I mean, if they win the World Series, maybe he stops. But otherwise I don't know. We'll see. We can ask him next time we have him on. All right, I'll run through mind quick. A lot of similarities here. I got cam Smith Rookie of the Year. I know that was at least one or two of yours. Position players often get this award. I know Skeans obviously got it last year, but outlier Dylan Cruz on the National league side, I'm going chopped there.
Speaker 2: Aj hinchrail Manager of the Year.
Speaker 1: If I'm picking the Tigers that have the best record in the American League, he's gonna win it, and I think he does add wins to a team. Here's the big one for Kratz. Back to back manager of the Year champ Pat Murphy. If the Brewers run away with the Central, I think there's a chance he wins it again.
Speaker 2: And also he's plus fifteen hundred.
Speaker 1: For that award, so just throwing it out there. AJ I got Logan Gilbert right back at you for SI. That seems to be a sexy pick.
Speaker 2: My sleeper for that one's Hunter Brown.
Speaker 1: I was close, and I still don't feel great that I switched on it. Zach Wheeler just like you as well. For NL side, Just think he's the safest pick there. Writers are desperately desperately looking for Bobby Wit to do what he did again last year and then vote him for MVP Ellie for MVP on the National League side, which is a cool plus eighteen hundred home run leaders. This is also a wild one, Brent Rooker, because I think there's a chance that Sacramento plays like a freaking hitters bonanza, so I'll take that chance.
Speaker 2: Obviously, he's got long odds for it as well.
Speaker 1: RBI leader Pete Alonzo with Soto in front of him right Soda is gonna be on base half the time this year as usual. I think that'll help Pete pize'z a good RBI guy. Ellie for stolen based leader, obviously, eer A leader, Gilbert k leader, Gilbert. I mean, if he's gonna have a year, have a year, and Seattle still is the toughest.
Speaker 2: Ballpark by far for hitters.
Speaker 1: And then I'll got Class A for saves leader because Cleveland's gonna play a lot of close games.
Speaker 2: You're up.
Speaker 5: Hold on, Scott, before we go, let me let me clarify my Snicker comments. Our own Ken Rosenthal said the Braves are in the last year and suggested Snyder Snicker could transition into a front office role within the Braves organization. John Haymon decent chance Snicker retires because it's the final year of his contract. There's been a lot of speculation. So I wasn't wrong, Scott. So I'm gonna take your Ellie Carter bend it some more.
Speaker 2: Now you weren't wrong, But I still think he's coming back next year.
Speaker 9: But you weren't wrong.
Speaker 2: That's too good of a job to pass up.
Speaker 9: But okay, that's fair coming back somewhere and some bread.
Speaker 2: He's coming back. Yes, I'll round.
Speaker 4: It off here. Now, nobody said this, Al rookie. The year I'm going with Kumar Rocker I think we've got an absolute stud.
Speaker 9: I think he's healthy now he's gonna go out and dominate.
Speaker 2: NL.
Speaker 4: Rookie the Year Dylan Cruz like every pretty much everybody else. Manager of the Year a L. A. J.
Speaker 9: Hendry.
Speaker 4: I think the Tigers are gonna just take off a little bit with his understanding of the game.
Speaker 9: Terry Frank Cone and the n L as we.
Speaker 4: Know, the reds al Cy Young school Ball of course Wheeler like everybody else. Aaron Judge is the MVP again. He plays really well during the regular season n L MVP. I think Wan Soto is gonna get after it again. This guy is an absolute stud. Home run leader Aaron Judge. Of course, RBIs will be won. Soto Stone bases, the lawman, Lawrence Butler. I think he's gonna have way more than nineteen and a half. I think he's gonna have a lot of stolen bases. E L A leader Zach Wheeler saves. Nobody said this. I'm going with to roll as Chapman this year winning the most saves and the k leader.
Speaker 9: Paul Schemes. Wow.
Speaker 1: So Butler over Ellie and Carol and anyone else.
Speaker 4: With the conversation we have with him. I was ready to run through a wall. The attitude, the enthusiasm. This guy wants to do it and wants to do it big, and I think he's having fun here.
Speaker 2: A j were you on for the Astro show? You were? You were there?
Speaker 7: I was there. I talked to him.
Speaker 2: No, nobody picked Jeremy Painya how much? How many but stolen bases?
Speaker 9: Did he say?
Speaker 5: He said no. Dave Clark said if he could get fifty, if he tried fifty, Okay, I thought it was fifty.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But by the way, Cam Smith, the reason I didn't pick Cam Smith, I'm a little worried about his defense. A guy's a monster. He hasn't forgot a lot of time. He's gonna play white Field. A little word about that.
Speaker 7: And by the way, the reason I didn't pick Aaron Judge to win any of these things?
Speaker 5: Who the heck's hitting behind Aaron Judge? If I'm crabs, Why are you throwing Aaron Judge a pitch ever to hit?
Speaker 7: Ever the whole year? Why are you ever gonna throw him the pitch? And runners facing load?
Speaker 5: It's crew And I'll take my chances with Jeff Chishom and his cut up shoes, Austin Wills and his mustache.
Speaker 7: Whoever. Like, I'll take my chances with Hedy has a good year. If Cody has a good year.
Speaker 3: Then I think a judge has a good year.
Speaker 9: But without that, can I ask a question?
Speaker 2: I mean, why has that been the case for judge you for a while?
Speaker 1: Aside from from Soto last year, I feel like the year that he hit whatever the what was the big year?
Speaker 9: Sixty sixty three was it?
Speaker 7: Whatever?
Speaker 9: The number was?
Speaker 1: Obviously the home run numbers. You know, we're never the same once we went through the steroid era. But anyway, that year, I was like, why are people pitching to him? He's a monster? I mean, he should have been borderline intentional walk in almost every scenario status. And then finally in the last what six weeks or so of the season, his numbers ticked down. They were avoiding him and it was working right. They were pitching around him. He was getting intentionally walk more often. I was like, why wouldn't you do that the whole year just for competition purposes?
Speaker 2: Like he's two damn good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and with two catchers here. I want to hear what they got to say about this too. I don't feel like the pitchers these days know how to pitch around hitters like like he used to be.
Speaker 2: So I guess what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 10: Guys are taught to throw hard, elevate the fastball, miss bats. But when I feel like when we were all playing, you knew how to miss the plate. You knew how to if they're gonna swing, they weren't going to hit it, but there's gonna be off the plate enough.
Speaker 2: I don't think they know how to do that much anymore.
Speaker 5: Hey, Jay, I think sometimes I agree, But I also think that it's as important you ask why Judge got pitches because Soda was on base all the time. It's as important who's hitting in front of you has hitting behind you, Like Barry Bond, just always say if the dude in front of me gets on first in first bases and open teams are less likely to pitch around me than they are. It didn't matter really who was behind him. It was more of because you could have you know, Jeff Kent hitting mind and Barry Bond still walked a million times. Jeff Kent was sitting all kinds of records, right, But if the guy in front of Barry got on and lessened it.
Speaker 7: So whoever hits in front of Aaron Judge.
Speaker 5: I think I saw Austin Wells is leading off today, so Austin Wells has to get on so they don't pitch around Aaron Judge.
Speaker 1: A couple other lineup notes, by the way, for today, because there's some fun matchups. The Blue Jays have Andre Samenez hitting clean up. The Reds were here have Gavin Lux hitting clean up and he's playing left field. I mean, I actually don't hate that one. I think Lux can really it. I think you could have a really good year. And Kratz, you don't say this often, but change of scenery for a guy coming from the Dodgers in his case might actually work out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: It's not like the Dodgers necessarily did anything wrong with him, but it's the only organization that he knew, and playing time and just the way that they have to manage their ball club is very different from how the Reds will do things. They're gonna say, hey, if you can hit, you're playing every single day and you might be our cleanup hitter.
Speaker 3: How about also, more than scenery change, a full year on his new knee, he played last year on a repaired knee. We gave a Kuna pass after he came back from his torn ACL, and his first season was eh. Then the next year it was much better. Guys, yes, they can play on it, but to me, that second year on that new ACL, the repaired knee is huge.
Speaker 2: For the Reds.
Speaker 1: Austin Hayes. I thought it was a nice pickup, but he's on the IL right now. Spencer Steers active, but he can't really throw yet. And there were a couple of names actually that I did not know that that made the Reds outfield, at least for now. If I say them out loud, almost nobody even in the chat is going to know. It's no offense to these guys. They just they're in their you know, mid topper twenties. I'm forgetting the name. I saw them in some spring training games and they did pretty well. But ready for it. Jacob her Device and Blake Dunn, don't lie. Does anybody know either of those players. I'm a prospect nerd they're not, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Say that, not prospects. But they made the team, you know, as depth and guys that have had good minor league careers. So far.
Speaker 1: But I mean, krats, they're actually on your career path, which is not a bad thing. You know, twenty they're both in once twenty seven, ones almost twenty seven. I mean you're you really cracked the bigs and started doing things at what age?
Speaker 3: I mean thirty two, But I cracked them basically. He's a thirty so they're way ahead of me. They're gonna make free before before they hit my age.
Speaker 8: No, it's tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough as an older guy play in the outfield.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, you know what this is where Terry Francon's value comes in. How do you get the most out of those guys?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 2: You go?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 5: Coming up next right? You are a nerd, so you got that part of it right.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm a prospect nerd. You can't get me that.
Speaker 7: I didn't say prospect. I just said he said nerd, which is funny.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm definitely a nerd.
Speaker 7: Wor the world is run by nerd Scott, we.
Speaker 2: Know, correct? Correct?
Speaker 1: This one is for Jamon in the chat who asked us to give them futures bets that we like for the year.
Speaker 2: So we'll do this throughout the show as well. You give me three that you picked out that you like.
Speaker 4: Oh my futures bets are the Phillies over ninety and a half wins. I think they're going to be closer to one hundred. I think they're gonna have a really good year. I also pick Wan Soto have over one hundred and four and a half RBIs. I think that's I don't know, I hate to say, but I feel like that's a lock, you know, yeah, barring any circumstances. And I got Hunter Green over one hundred and sixty two and a half k's. I feel like he was in Talk for the cy Young last year. I think he's gonna take another step to even get closer to that. I don't think he's gonna win it, but he's gonna go out there and open some more eyes.
Speaker 9: And man, this guy just keeps getting better and better.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like it.
Speaker 1: Let's see, we have time for one more AJ you want to run through your three futures that you like.
Speaker 2: We're holding you te these all year.
Speaker 7: That's fine. I don't care. I'll forget. I already forgot, so I'll forget by tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So I don't really care. I know I picked the rock. The eight's over seventy one and a half is my lock of the freaking century. Okay, the lock of the century. Also, Marlin, are not gonna win sixty two games, sixty three games.
Speaker 7: They're gonna lose a hundred okay, and then the other one. The White Socks call me a homer. It was fifty three and a half. I don't know when it went to fifty four and a half.
Speaker 2: Apparently people matter to me.
Speaker 5: It does matter because I think they're around a fifty five to fifty seven win team.
Speaker 7: So that happens, it does matter.
Speaker 5: But I've still taken them because they will not be as bad as they were last year. They can't lose one hundred and twenty one games. It's impossible to lose that many games. People don't understand. Is it hard to win one hundred games? Yes, it's also really hard to lose one hundred and ten games. So I feel like they're not They're going to be one hundred and five lost teams.
Speaker 2: Okay. I mean I like all of those a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of those I'll include later on in mind. Now, we'll do more later. But Kratz did you have any problems with those. I think the White Sox one is the scariest for me.
Speaker 3: Under under on the White Socks, they if they improve by eleven games, they're still at one hundred and ten losses. They're in a worst team than they were last year.
Speaker 1: You're saying under on what though their wins are their losses under wins? Right, so you think they'll be even worse than what's on the board. Yes, okay, I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have too, I'm right with you.
Speaker 10: I don't think anybody can name the five starters or even three starters.
Speaker 1: A j Jason Stark the other day said one hundred and twenty four losses for the White Sox.
Speaker 5: Jason Stark is trying to get clicks. I love you, Jason. Quit trying to get clicks at that one. That one's a little expressive.
Speaker 1: Let's keep running futures bets for our guy Jamin and the chatter's there every day and said, I need futures that we can follow all year.
Speaker 2: Crats, you're up, all right.
Speaker 3: I got Lawrence Butler stolen bases the over it's at nineteen and a half.
Speaker 7: Smash it.
Speaker 3: He's a Paasyde's gonna have a monster year, probably an All Star. Even the Rockies under sixty and a half wins. I bought that it's now, I think at fifty nine and a half, but you get it at plus one oh five. I bought it at minus one fifteen for sixty and a half wins. And the Cardinals under seventy six and a half. I think they're gonna be right around the seventy two mark. And I think that's an easy under. Again, like I said before, if they do well, if they start out doing really well, even guys like Sonny Gray are gonna be up for trade, Nolan Eronado. They've been trying to trade them, all that stuff. You know, guys will be leaving this team. They are gonna lose their closer if they're doing well, and if they're not doing well, seventy six is an easy on.
Speaker 1: Those are really good. Yeah, loocks for futures. Seriously, I'm very impressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, law Butler. I mean, he said it himself like.
Speaker 1: He's going for thirty, thirty, forty, forty whatever, even if he's got that in his head, young player, that's great. And I like the other two as well. I'll just give you three team ones. Obviously, I'm probably the high guy on the Tigers. I think they're closer to a ninety win team, and I think they're gonna win the American League Central.
Speaker 2: So I've got myes with a breakout year.
Speaker 1: Finally, Schooble Scooble job is gonna be insane for as as long as they'll let him go, So over eighty three and a half wins for them, I'm with aj on the Marlins. That's a one hundred lost team for me. I locked that in at sixty two and a half. And then if I'm gonna say the Brewers are winning the division, they're gonna win more than eighty two games, right, so I'll pick them. I mean the Central might be eighty six to win the Central, whatever it is, I think they're gonna go about that. So those are my three cratses are probably better, so jealous.
Speaker 9: I think everybody so far has been pretty good.
Speaker 1: They're nice, right, Okay, But we're gonna keep track of those for the whole year. We'll check in on them every once in a while, especially for a Ja, since he's gonna forget his he checked that he already did.
Speaker 5: I don't even remember what I've been I already forgot
Speaker 2: One