Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Keen with Paul Sweeni and Bloomberg's Lisa Montelier or Stock Moowers. It's a wonderful podcast. Lisa, I'm guessing what will you start with.
Speaker 4: I'm starting with discount retailers. Okay, we're gonna start with Dollar General ticker DG because their shares have been up more as much as six percent. So the main thing is that they raise their full year out look. If you look at the breakdown, shares gaining in both consumable non consumable categories, growth and seasonal goods, home products, apparel. But it just goes to show you retailers that are offering these low cost goods attracting consumers that are just looking for deals. I mean, they also attracting wealthy customers. That's what Dollar General is saying. But Bloomberg Intelligence is saying whether those new customers will stick around, that remains to be seen. But what's also interesting about Dollar General is that it has a large selection of grocery products and that makes it less susceptible to tariffs.
Speaker 1: Looking you're to date Lisa Dollar General a forty dollar tree of fifty dollars doing it.
Speaker 4: You look at them, look at Kohl's, look at TJX, like those are some other ones that also had some good results. But they've been doing things to improve their performance. They're providing cleaner stores, enough inventory, staffing levels, things like that.
Speaker 1: That's what John Tucker was talking about, because John Tucker was saying, you got to clean up the stores and make it a better experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's yeah, let's see, and they did that and it seems to be working for them.
Speaker 1: Good for them.
Speaker 4: So we go from retail to tech. All right, I want to point out Snowflake. It's ticker snow Uh. Their shares have fallen as much as nine percent. So what they do they basically make software that helps organize, analyze store corporate data in the cloud.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: They gave an outlook for operating margin that fell short of estimates and that made a little investors a little uneasy about profitability of new AI based tools. Analysts said they're happy and encouraged by that company's innovation. They have a new CEO, but they're just concerned that competition is increasing in that core market. It did make an announcement to a two hundred million dollar partnership with Anthropic and that's going to make its cloud Ai models available in the Snowflake platform claud Ai models. But Snowflake has agreed to four acquisitions so far this year.
Speaker 1: Stock is up seventy percent year today. Notes down nine percent today, But it's had a great run, so good for them. It definitely a company too. I didn't know that as well. Ninety billion market cap go figure. Yeah, yep, so much money beat me.
Speaker 4: And finally I have a few quick mentions. Uh this one yep, yep. Poor Mels spam hr you can think of that. There share U up as much as six percent third quarter justityps forecast. It beat the company's recently lowered guidance, also beat expectations.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: For for Wall Street as well. We talk software companies like Snowflake. We also have apany called Guideware. Their shares have been up as much as five percent on first quarter results, second quarter revenue top estimates. And then there's UI Path it's p A t H. It's processed automation software company. It's a lot of software today. Formal, she did my spam the spam?
Speaker 5: Okay, why why are you giving less weight to spa? It's a pun less weight to spam versus flake.
Speaker 1: Austin, Minnesota, Hormal Foods twenty thousand employees, thirteen billion dollar market cap here I mean this is that's sorry.
Speaker 5: I spam, spam and bilvo or two of the four food groups ye have. The mateosol is a can of spam. Never entered the mateo Actually, it.
Speaker 4: Was like a staple, like you chopping up on your Friday in a pan. You had some rice to it, and you're good. Dinner, sinner served.
Speaker 5: Now they have like spam and pineapple and spam and this spam comet in the Upper there's a restaurant on the Upper West Side that just specializes in like eighteen is it really yeah, types of spam. We should have a remote from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at it right now. There's a lot of good stuff there.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.