Speaker 1: Is washing cars good training for karate?
Speaker 2: Yes, Tashha.
Speaker 1: Tosh Show. Hey, everybody, welcome to Tosh Show. I'm your host, Daniel Tosh. Let's get going.
Speaker 2: Kaa Lef.
Speaker 1: Kaya left is going to rock you, Eddie and I know the same songs. Kay Lef patient so groove you. I don't know what they say there. I just said patients will groove you.
Speaker 2: That's fine for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is. Are they American? Who was that? I thought it was German? But whether it's a guy wrapping on it, kye, do do do do?
Speaker 2: British electronic band.
Speaker 1: Is gonna rock you. British electronic it's in well man, Eddie. Oh holy cow, I tell you what. I'm surprised I'm here today. What happened to me this weekend stripped me of my confidence. Okay, I'm standing in line at a restaurant, Zinc. I'll say it. I go there every week anyway, you place your order at the counter. Imagine if Panera bread was super fancy and cost fifty times more. That's that's that's what zinc is, all right. Anyway, my family and I are there, so this guy's in front of me. He's got a dog with him, not on a leash. I don't love that. I mean, I get it, you're cool. You know your dog's in the restaurant and it's not on a leash. But I got I got a little kid, and and it's you know, he's he's great with kids. Well guess what, my kid's not great with dogs. I've watched my kid go up to Carl and just fucking three stoodium right in the eyes. So it's like, you know, and then the dog snaps at me. Well, maybe that dog wasn't in the restaurant without a leasha on. And that's not even the issue here. He has nothing to do with the story. A food delivery guy, you know, they always come into these restaurants and there's bags lined up to deliver for somebody. He just comes in, he grabs a bag, he stops, and he just looks at me. And I'm like, oh man, this guy looks at me. He recognizes me. He's a big fan. And he says to the guy in front of me, Hey, sorry to bother you. Can I get a picture with you? And I'm like, what in the fuck is going on? Who is this guy in front of me? And this guy wants a photo. It hands me his phone. I'm taking photos. I turned, I switched. I took a couple, but I switched it and took one of my face just so. And he gets home, He's like, holy shit, I can't believe I had Daniel Tosh take my photo. That's so good. No, I don't know, he didn't recognize me whatever. As soon as he walks away, I say to my wife, who's this guy? Who's this guy? And she does a little uh dig in and figures it out. He's a guy some from some vampire show, Vampire Diaries. I don't know. I was just baffled by the whole thing. I'm just like, well, fucking door Dash, you're not you're not fans of mine. Well guess what if door Dash isn't gonna show me love uber eats it is? What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: That's pretty good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That promo code? Do we have a promo code? Don't make one eats do the right thing. Get a promo code with Tosh in it or something.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Hey, Eddie, you wash your car? I do you wash your own car? I take it to Yeah, I know, you take it to a place you use to a place, but I use the wand in there you use the high pressure wand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never like because it's I'm like, oh, I'm trying to quickly go through the cycles and there's too many cycles to choose from. I usually if I go use the wand, I do three things. I do the high pressure rints, then I do soap, and then I go right back to high pressure rints the end.
Speaker 2: That's my technique too, Okay, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Ever do that. I do that. I do that in Tahoe at the end of the season. But for the most part, my cars I have them washed. How often you wash your car?
Speaker 2: Every six weeks?
Speaker 1: Oh, geez, I bet it's I bet you're lying. I bet it's I bet it's longer. I bet you go long ten you think it's ten? Can we go to months? At this point we have to stick at weeks. You're thinking you're washing yours every two months? Basically, huh. I wash mine a lot more. I love a clean car. You know who never washes their car? Pete It's disgusting. And he's like, oh, I got a tree that like fucking apparently has a diarrhea tree because his car. Yeah, yeah, He's always like, oh, this stuff drips from this tree. I'm like, yeah, diarrhea, it's disgusting. I like to I love. I like it to have my car wash. If I could have it washed every week, I would, but I usually wait, I usually go every other week. Now the person that washes my car comes to the house, washes the car. But then recently he opened it up a new location. He's like, I got a brick and mortar store. And I'm like, I know, I've seen it. It looks beautiful. He's like, well, it's gonna be great for you. It's so much. It's so convenient. You can just bring your car here. I'm like, that's not convenient convenient? Is you getting buzzed into my house? Enjoy Psha. My guest today is the owner of the hottest car wash in Malibu. He can confirm that stars are just like us, meeting their children litter the back seat with disgusting yogi's I'll be it in much fancier cars. It's car detailer for the rich and famous.
Speaker 2: Buzz Hi, guys, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Thank you for being here. By the way, some of your some of your guys, this is not how I wanted to start this at all. Who are the Eastern European guys.
Speaker 2: We have a crew of Ukrainians that came over during the war, okay, and they basically fled with their cash and bailed on everything they had in Russia and started working. And they're like the hardest working, smartest workers we got. But then they graduate from buzzwax and they open up their own used car lot and small station, and well.
Speaker 1: Here's here's my take on them. I'm terrified.
Speaker 2: I'm scared too. Yeah, okay, watched the car. Good job, thanks, don't yell at me.
Speaker 1: They come out and I'm like, you know, for a while, they're buzz You were just you were sending guys to my house and that was great, and they would wash my car and I'd be, oh, today you're going to be doing four, and he would just like look at me, no two, and they'd be, okay, I guess today you're doing two. Then I would just I would just leave, I just walk away because I gared.
Speaker 2: There are serious people, and they're just very very serious, and they're like, there's not good enough. We got to redo it. I'm like, okay, you have fifteen minutes to get done though, because they're done playing golf.
Speaker 1: In five, do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do. I think Point Doom is pretty ghosty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. So there's there's certain areas that are higher concentration.
Speaker 2: There's a burial site right above, like right below where Paradise Cove and the Canyon Meat. And there's a picture at the UCLA where they're excavating the dig side up basically a couple that were buried, two mashed Indians. And this is nineteen seventy, so who knows.
Speaker 1: Oh man, how old are you?
Speaker 2: Forty two?
Speaker 1: Are you too old to still be called buzz No?
Speaker 2: Never, I'm too old to be called buzzy.
Speaker 1: Which was your original nickname?
Speaker 2: First name was Buzzy as a kid growing up, Well, your name's John, My real name is John. As a kid, it was Buzzy us too hyper. My mom was only Buzzy the beehlah blah blah blah. And then around fifteen fourteen fifteen, I'm was like I need to dating girls. I dropped the y and cut my hair and go by buzz even my new wife, my new wife, my only wife. He wants to call me Buzzy. When we first started dating. I'm like, you don't call me Buzzy. I'm sorry, you can just call me buzz please, that's the name.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. She didn't even think Buzzy was like a deal breaker. She was like, okay with it. I love it. It almost seems like your mom was trying to give you like a nickname to be a bully. Were you a fighter growing up?
Speaker 2: Not at all. I had five sisters growing up that good person who her and her friend would bully me.
Speaker 1: Explain to people who think that Malibu's all mansions and movie stars what it's like growing up here as a little kid.
Speaker 2: So growing up in Malibu's little kid was great. You know, if you have five acres between houses, you can do a lot of stuff. So we had the bikes and horses and m h Pela guns and we'll just cause reckless. I still think it is if you're nine, if you're between the age of five to thirteen, it's the coolest place to live. You can surf, you can do whatever you want, and it's kind of it's pretty safe, I would say, in terms of kids.
Speaker 1: When did you move to Palm Springs.
Speaker 2: I moved to Pumes until I was ten, we moved out there and we had fifteen acres in front of five hundred acres. So there we had full freedom, huh. And it was right in the city. Still have dirt bikes and horses and jeeps. Oh man, it was pretty pretty fun, but it was far like we couldn't go into town. I couldn't walk to town and get a smoothie or something. I had to like hitchhike or skateboard or ride my dirt bike.
Speaker 1: Did you hitch hike back then? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, twelve years old? Hit hiking? Yeah, super sketch.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, hitch hiking it's still a thing in ski towns, ski Town's kids. I always see kids still hitch hiking like normal, like going to work at the at the mountains. But what anyway you survived that? Do you ever get any bad dirt bike accidents?
Speaker 2: I got hit by a car once, so right here in Malibu Park area checking the mail, did a U turn, I didn't see a car. The car tee bone me and I didn't no, And then I stood up and walked on my leg and I thought my leg like shattered and that was peace scary. After that?
Speaker 1: Was it your fault?
Speaker 2: The union.
Speaker 1: Technically, were you old enough to be on a bike?
Speaker 2: No, it's ten. It's like ten year old kids. Okay, he wheel, he's on a quad?
Speaker 1: Was the kid? Was the guy scared? Was something?
Speaker 2: He was a local guy. I think he still lives there actually, Oh okay, and I think he was leaving the doom room at like two o'clock in the afternoon. So the doom room, if you know, for a long time, it's an old bar, and it was like basically the local drunks. Okay, So this guy was hammered and fucking teeth on me, and they're like freaked out. And then my neighbor friend's like, oh man, you okay, what happened? Bite my finger of it hurts so like hit the guy's finger almost off Jesus. And then my mom comes down. So I'm staying there like broken leg. My leg's totally smashed, spoken in three places. I'm freaking out. My mom comes down like slaps me three times. She's like, snap out of it. It's not that bad. I'm like, my leg's gone, it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: What was it? Shattered?
Speaker 2: It was shattered? Yeah, yeah, bull blown.
Speaker 1: Did you go to college? No?
Speaker 2: I tried every like year, I've read enroll in Satellaca College and do you like the UCLA program? To get to UCLA halfway through it'll be like I'm mix egs and sleeping and maybe I'll figure those out later.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're just a country boy at heart, blowing country war. You still ride horses when I can?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 1: Why are girls that like horses? Why are they said? Why are they off a little? They're so crazy? Absolutely mental. If you're a woman and you have horses, you basically don't like anybody else. I mean from your lips, controlling a two ton of animal, it's a control thing. Hey, what did you do with this recording studio that you and your dad built?
Speaker 2: We had a studio in Alibu for like basically five years.
Speaker 1: Were you a musician?
Speaker 2: No? No, I've always tried to, you know, be behind the desk, you know, being a musician. I don't have the skill set. I can't play. So the studio was really cool. It was a five minute seat recording studio in Alibu, built along the concept recording live. So if you have a band that plays and when they track a record at home or wherever, in a studio, it's very like this a wall, microphones, cables everywhere. Guys, when they do it live, there's a feeling to it. Capture that feeling. So so we built the studio in order to do that and opened in two thousand and six, I think maybe seven, and started doing shows with you know, really fun.
Speaker 1: Fun this project yourself. This is a huge Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was fun. It was owned by the building was owned by a church, and the church built the studio and then we rented the space from.
Speaker 1: The church and the building is still there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Malba city Hall. So in city Hall we you know, recorded albums with Weezer, the full album from the Red Album, Pink's Funhouse Album, Stings, Winter Album, a Thing with Howard's In and Bob Dylan.
Speaker 1: Why did it fall apart with all those names recording there because the.
Speaker 2: Music business doesn't make any money. It's hard to make money in the music business unless you have a drug cartel basically paying for the studio time. You know, the equipment alone is six hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just but but I thought you offset that but in a genius way by having you know, five hundred people being able to attend these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in order to make break even, you need three thousand people for a live venue. Any show without three thousand people, you're just basically paying the rent. So it was kind of one of those things. Plus the economy in Oait took a dive and the banks fore clothes and everything, so it just kind of just all fell apart.
Speaker 1: Would you do to make the building U soundproof?
Speaker 2: So I don't think we're allowed to say it by law, but basically, if not, the city hall found out we're in trouble. All the walls are filled with sand bags, singlely wrapped basically ziplock bags of sand Florida ceiling. So all the walls in city Hall are filled with sand.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because they destroy everybody when it comes to building sure, and then look at them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the entire buildings filled with sand. So go figure, that's a violation.
Speaker 1: Me and everybody. How you got into the car wash game.
Speaker 2: Well after the studio thing fell apart, I didn't know what else you're gonna do. My wife, my girlfriend at the time, was working at the Malbur Racket Club and a friend of mineset you should open up a car washed really easy. You have the staff from the studio, you know, all the crew. Take him over there, plug it in, say it works, Okay, we'll get it try. So about four guys over kind of carved out a little parking lot, and we thought the concept was you played times with wash a car very easy here for an hour, three hundred members, you know, ten cars a day. Let's see how long it takes to get to ten cars a day. So open up ten my four guys, and then about six months of around of money. So I'm like, all right, I gotta wash these cars myself.
Speaker 1: You ran out of money because there wasn't enough business.
Speaker 2: It wasn't enough business to survive, and Malibur Racclubs tucked away.
Speaker 1: Let me explain to people, I've lived in Malibu for I don't know, seventeen years, and I just found out about Malibu. I've always known Malbou Racket Club was there. I knew your businusiness was there a long time ago, but I didn't know that I could eat there.
Speaker 2: The restaurant's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: The food is so good.
Speaker 1: So now I go to lunch there all the time. Like I'm not I don't need to play tennis, but I'm certainly not going to join. I don't have a membership their cross. It's probably expensive.
Speaker 2: It's not that bad, what is it. It's three hundred bucks a month I think, and ten grand adjoin, but there's a two year waiting list.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna ten grand a joining. There's a two year waiting all right, nonsense, that's not happening, all right. Anyway, your wife worked there at the time, and that's where your company started. Six months in business takes a hit, You're gonna stick it out, though.
Speaker 2: Stick it out. I'm like, I gotta make it work. For whatever reason, I just kind of fell a drive to do it. So I was washing cars all day and busting hill working as a waiter at night for about maybe another year went into it. And finally, between going out in the community and shaking one's hand and getting to know everybody, talking to every real estate agent, talking to every business owner, talking to every anybody I could to get business, I'm sorry, developing enough clientele make it work. And then year two, year three goes in. We get invited to open up another car wash, another country club. So we're at Ribiera Country Club now. So now we have the model down and we know what we're doing. And then we get invited to go up to Northmanche Country Club, so we're there, and then we get invited to go to Beller Bay Club, and then we get invited to go to Sherwood Country Club. So now we're servicing five country clubs with a very simple model of play tennis, get a car wash, play golf, got a car wash, You.
Speaker 1: Play golf two much times?
Speaker 2: So much hours to play tennis?
Speaker 1: No, No, especially when I want two hours to serve exactly, I'm all, I'd rather serve for two hours than golf for four.
Speaker 2: So then we started servicing country clubs and kind of started a concierge business as well. So customers in Malibu have a lot of cars, and they don't have a lot of time, so they're like, hey, can you take my car to the D and B and get it smogged? Absolutely, So now we have this whole business of servicing customers cars who don't have time to do it, which is a lot of fun for me because now you drive Farrari or Lamborghini, Porsh.
Speaker 1: What haven't you driven a Bugatti? Okay?
Speaker 2: And I haven't driven that, and I haven't driven the McLaren's yet, But I don't really like a McLaren.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never been in one.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's I mean, they're cool, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not really a car person. Although now I'm starting to accumulate dumber and dumber cars. I just got this old nineteen sixty nine super ru Van. That's the size of this table. That's cool, but they are I'm always the top isn't The seal is bad on it, So I'm always like, can you not get it wet? It's a horrible thing to ask, Yeah, we can.
Speaker 2: I mean. The car wash industry is funny because over the years, when we first started, it was all about usually no water, don't use water, you can't use wash cars with water in Malod, So there was all these products around washing cars without waters. During the drought in eight nine, we'd have rain for almost five years, so everyone's water friendly. Everyone's plaining to me that it took so long and that the cars were dirty. So I'm like, I have to use water. You have to use water to wash your car, Okay, you can't do.
Speaker 1: It all right, So that's just the workaround is just to use water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, too bad. Don't flush your toilet if you want to say water, but if I wash your.
Speaker 1: Car, I don't flush my toilet at night, just for pea. Well, that's my own thing.
Speaker 2: I have some what's it you poop at night?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, well I guess I did. I didn't need to add that. But whatever I was just making, I mean, I just didn't want you to think that I was leaving a floater in the toilet anyway. What rules do you have for your employees to make sure they act right at a fancy country club?
Speaker 2: Don't be seen, so all of our wash based are off site. You are hiding in the area, and then our greeters treat everybody as if they are members of the club themselves. Hi, how are you? Yes, sir? No, sirt, Thank you sir. So it's very kind of elitist, elitist, right, because we're guests at the country club, so we have to act accordingly, and we get calls like, hey, your guys not wearing a hat. You can't be wearing a hat.
Speaker 1: You can't wear a hat.
Speaker 2: Can't wear hat.
Speaker 1: But that's not good with the sun.
Speaker 2: What have umbrellas, but they can't wear a hat? Like and talk to greeters. All right, got geez, So we tried to. And then we have a checklist too on every cars. Everything's checked off, so it's pretty systematic.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you have a little buzz wax jumpsuits for your girls?
Speaker 2: We do, Yeah, we have.
Speaker 1: And then it's like they're on the masters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the caddy little caddies.
Speaker 1: At the June the Part three event at Riviera Country Club, we have.
Speaker 2: You know, we're in my jumpsuits all of our guys.
Speaker 1: You have to wear those there or no? Do they have a dress code?
Speaker 2: They do, but I mean for us, they're fine with us wearing them.
Speaker 1: No, I get. I get saying do they prefer that you're in these?
Speaker 2: They prefer because it puts us some you know, it shows who we are outside of their staff. We're all in blue and taki. But a lot of the guests will walk up with their gear and just drop it in front of the guy. It's like they're the taddy and they're like, my guys, we're not the caddies. Are the corless guys.
Speaker 1: You gotta just do a round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so fun.
Speaker 1: Those Ukrainians, man, I can imagine the tips they would give what do you think I should hit with this one a machine gun? How much do you charge charge to wash a car versus detail a car?
Speaker 2: Fifty bucks for a full wash details one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Some people would say fifty dollars or cars is very expensive, but I will say you spend an incredible amount of time on each car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we spend about an hour on a car, right, and we go through it and I yell out my guys to make sure we have these aarowblowers. You blow out everything. Couples are clean, shifters are clean, windows are clean, vents are clean. So everything is like almost as good as a detail.
Speaker 1: What about electric cars that don't have engines anymore? Are you guys popping the front? Oh yeah, all the extra stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's better than an engine because it's easier to clean the engine. You have to steam it. You gotta be careful for the wires, You gotta be careful for all the stuff.
Speaker 1: You ever do any of that icing now.
Speaker 2: It was just not there, got it? I wanted it to be like in and out right. You can get three things. You can get a hamburger, you can get a cheeseburger or you can get a double double, but this watch. You can get a car wash, you can get a wax, or you can get a detail.
Speaker 1: Fifty dollars car wash. What should we be tipping ten percent? Ten bucks? It's twenty what's that? That's ten dollars? Is twenty percent?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry, twenty percent? By the way, the fact that no call ite here?
Speaker 1: Come on? Do you charge the same for a golf cart a church?
Speaker 2: Forty bucks for golf cart? It's kind of high?
Speaker 1: I think, I know, but they're I mean, still my golf cart, it's not. It's not any smaller than it are.
Speaker 2: It still takes almost the same amount of time, maybe ten minutes less.
Speaker 1: Well, that's ten dollars less. Is that your twicet? Is that your pricing strategy? Do you put thought into it? Are you like, oh, I need to make ends meet, we need to raise our prices six percent or anything?
Speaker 2: I price accordingly to the market. I know that if you go to if you drive over the hill, the Costco, you can get your car wash for thirty five bucks drive through car wash. I know, if you really want your car wash, you go to Crosska you can drive you through the machine for ten bucks. So I have to. I can't charge seventy five dollars like I would like to. I have to charge fifty bucks because that's the market rate. Otherwise I lose. I'll I say, all the business that we that we service, and not one in all but wants to spend seventy five dollars and more on the car wash. Fifty bucks is a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I know, but still it's worth it. Whenever you get in your car and it's beautiful buzz wax, you sell your own wax.
Speaker 2: No, not yet, I want to. We will. I think this Christmas, we're gonna do a wash bucket so you can buy a bucket with some soap and some towels and stuff so you and your kids can wash your car together and then call me the next day.
Speaker 1: With Washington cars, like, just do it yourself. It's like I don't have the stuff to make it look nice. Yeah, I don't want to go buy all the stuff. I'm gonna go to Target now and go down the It's just too much. There's too many things for every little surface. I don't I'm not into it.
Speaker 2: It's true, it's not easy Washington the car.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I mean as a kid. I did it as when I was in sixteen, My honness said, she was sparkling. Our automatic car wash is harmful to your vehicle?
Speaker 2: Yes, the pH is too high. So basically it's like putting acid on your car. So if you do your are consistently through those machines, you'll see basically you can see the stipe zones where the machine spins and hits it and you can see where the water.
Speaker 1: What if it's not what if it's touchless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still it's not different. I mean if you have a nice car, if you have like a car, that's if you have a you have a car your care ballance. Yeah, okay, you know.
Speaker 1: Listen question I'm the worst part about having children is the dirtiness. I know, and and I keep a clean home, and I have a dirty wife and dirty children and both of them. The fact that you charge me the same for my wife's car and my car is ridiculous because my car is spotless, con dark. I feed my kids what I find in their seats because I'm like, no, no waste, not want not here you go.
Speaker 2: That is true. I've seen your wife's car. Oh and this cheerios like in spots like you open up the back of the trunk and the cheerios Like, why would the cheerios be here? Yeah, Like there's just make those.
Speaker 1: Hunting ut cheerios by the way. Yeah, how often should you wax your car?
Speaker 2: Honestly, Clayboye wax your car every three months.
Speaker 1: Every three months. And I've never done.
Speaker 2: It, but waxing's key to maintaining a long lasting car.
Speaker 1: Spray liquid or paste is it? Or is it a clay?
Speaker 2: The spray wax is gonna look great for about a week, A pace wax will look good for about two months, and a synthetic wax will look great for about three months. And it depends on the car. If if it's an older car with older paint, a pace wax is what you want to use because it gives it more depth. If it's a newer car, a synthetic wax is great because it's going to protect the pain and keep the car nicing clean.
Speaker 1: Is armorall any good?
Speaker 2: I mean it looks good, people like it. I'm not a big fan.
Speaker 1: I don't like the smell of it. What about rainex Is that any good?
Speaker 2: It's the same as a wax product. I don't need it, you don't need.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, puke or glitter? What's worse?
Speaker 2: I mean, puke's pretty bad. Dude. We got to call, like normally it's on Monday, and it's a young, younger person. Hi, can you clean just inside my car? And you're like, oh, what happened? All my friend threw up in there. It's like, okay, you went out last night, your friend barfed all over the car. Now you got detail it, so yeah, sure, no problem.
Speaker 1: What about bloodstains? You ever seen some bloodstains in cars? In trunks?
Speaker 2: They? Maybe I have?
Speaker 1: Do you have to report things like that? Is there a I don't ask, Oh, you don't ask.
Speaker 2: I don't ask if I saw blood in the car. Someone that worked for my wife worked out a car wash in Mexico City and he would find fingers in the cars, like pretty consistently. Consistently. That's good, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: I haven't found any fingers. I found a frog ones.
Speaker 1: Well that's yeah, that's fine. At once was a prince. But still they say owning a car wash is a great business. Is owning a mobile car wash even better?
Speaker 2: I think if you own a mobile car wash, you in it for yourself. You don't really want employees, and you can only do so much. If you own a car wash, you can do ten twenty thirty forty cars a day as much as you can handle. A mobile guy can only, do you know, ten cars a day max.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to scale back the mobile business?
Speaker 2: No, we service mobile too.
Speaker 1: I know you do. We recently when you first moved to the new location, like it's going to be great, It's so convenient for you. I was like, well, you know what's convenient for meuse is you and my driveways.
Speaker 2: No, mobile is great because mobile allows us to service every need in Malibu. Right. We have people that want to drop off the car, we have people that want us to pick up the car, and we have people that want to come to the house. So our business is to say yes and then go from there.
Speaker 1: Air fresheners. Do you put air fresheners in? No?
Speaker 2: They're horrible, disgusting. They're just I want to make a really nice one everyon wanted to do ever since day one, Like a nice kind of wood, maybe like a good one, the one that smells like something cool, like leather or whatever.
Speaker 1: They have those those cedar chips that you put in your closet to like not get moss. But I don't know. I don't think there is a good one. I think you just have to get a new car. What's your favorite car to wash?
Speaker 2: Rivians?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, isn't that nice? Rivian? I didn't even tell them to say that. Buzz just said that.
Speaker 2: A favorite CARDI wash is is. I don't really have a favorite CARDI wash pors Turbo, Porsche small easy.
Speaker 1: You can reach over the top, you reach it you What about sprinter vans? Recharging for sprinter van I charged.
Speaker 2: One to fifty, which I think is a really good deal. I mean it's a fucking house, I know, massive. And then they like, okay, you clean inside. I'm like, I'm not made. I'll do a little bit, I'll blow it out, I'll do it fine. I'm not like mop in the bathroom and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's like your word, I'm not a maid. Now you got a new location that is, uh is hysterical to me because I had made fun of it before. U The location was this crystal store, and it was one of two crystal stores. And I was always you know, because I came from you know, a small town in Florida, and when I see two crystal shops in a town, I'm like, what in the fuck are these people doing. So when it went out of business, I kind of I was like, Oh, they're not as these people aren't as dumb as I thought. Yeah, because right this business anyway, you took over and now it's beautiful out front. It looks beautiful. Before it had these massive crystal stones, which I guess some people might have thought was pretty, but I didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't like seeing it, and I just always thought it looked ridiculous.
Speaker 2: That creditgards to my wife. She's very talented. She's an interior designer by trade. And she nailed it. I mean, the colors told you immediately.
Speaker 1: I told you that the font was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Font's great, everything about it's really cool. So she I said, you know, you're in charge, obviously, just let me know when I can start washing cars. And she nailed it and looked and everyone says that about the place. That looks beautiful, the blues perfect, the landscaping is great.
Speaker 1: So yeah, how many employees do you have now? Fourteen?
Speaker 2: Around fourteen.
Speaker 1: Hiring employees is the horrible part of business.
Speaker 2: It's the toughest part, no matter why every business. As employees are good, they last for six months. They get lazy. You gotta get another rushing in. You gotta you know, if you hire a Latino crew or a Salvador and a Mexican, they don't get along. Salvadorians don't like the Mexicans, and Mexicans don't like the Salvadorians. If you hire a black guy, they don't like the Mexicans. It's like a whole political world of like.
Speaker 1: Watching I mean, some black guys like Mexicans. Some okay, yeah, no, we can't just say delete that.
Speaker 2: You got it. You gotta get it.
Speaker 1: You gotta hire all Ukrainians, all Ukrainians. How easy is it to repair a car that's been keyed?
Speaker 2: You gotta get it painted by a body show.
Speaker 1: What about dings? Can you get any dings out?
Speaker 2: But we have a guy that comes and pops the things out. You can pop dings out. I got one in the seam. I think I'm gonna have to give your guy a shot. Yeah, had the gate clothes on me.
Speaker 1: What you can do? I saw it coming. I was like, I'm i gonna put my arm out and try to stop it, and I just let it hit my car. I got some gifts for you. I always give people stuff on the show's just stuff laying around my house. But this one gift, I was like, oh, Buzz, Buzz needs this. Now, why I have it, I'll explain. But this is a cleaner. Have you ever seen such a thing? No, this is it's a magnet so that you can be on one side of glass it's on the other side, and you don't because there's some areas like if you have louvers in my house. Anyway, I've never used it.
Speaker 2: It's great, but it's perfect.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, well, it's brand new. I'll give that to Buzz now do you uh? Thank you? Oh you're gonna love that. Do you uh?
Speaker 2: Windows are the hardest thing to clean.
Speaker 1: Get that on the tour please, They're the hardest thing to clean. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Windows.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. This is not gonna be useful in the car business, but one day you're gonna have something for that. Do you Uh? Do you wear the girl's ski snowboard or anything? I do?
Speaker 2: The girls don't, Okay, but I haven't done in a long time.
Speaker 1: You haven't done a long time. Okay, here are two gold passes. Now every year I prefer do a show in Reno at the Grand Sierra Resort. I love that place, and they give me two gold passes. They're only valid for one year in this date of California at any ski resort. They can be used. And you're saying, well, well, it's the ski season's over. Mammoth goes till mid May anywhere, and they're complete. You can hand them off to people. You have clients that are going up. You say, here, take these, here's free, two tickets. They can they bring them back? Boom. I'm done with amazing. Yeah, you got at least those at least I don't know. Somebody got this is off. Put that on for you. That's for your cell phone. When you're watching cars, you put yeah you can't wear this at Riviera Country Club. But there's there's a toss show.
Speaker 2: Had love it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, swag bang got a skateboard, Daniel Tosh to where I'll sign that tode just so you have it.
Speaker 2: Now. Do you skateboard too?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I used to, but now it's like it hurts so bad when you fall.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it so bad. My daughter was like, Dad, do a kickflip. And I'm like, I'll do a ticklip. She's like no, do it, like right now, I'm like, I don't want to do it. I'm gonna fall. So I go out in my garage carpet and I do a kicklip on the carpet. Sorry, don't fall. I don't get hurt.
Speaker 1: But did it? You landed a kick flip?
Speaker 2: Nailed there?
Speaker 1: You gotta doing it then once a year, once a year, land a kick flip.
Speaker 2: In high school, I built a half pipe in my room.
Speaker 1: In your room, and your parents said yes to that.
Speaker 2: I moved to the garage Living Springs, right, So moving the garage, build a half pipe, like a four foot proper half pipe, and slept on the top of it.
Speaker 1: And what kind of skateboard cilings?
Speaker 2: Did you have ten foot ceilings.
Speaker 1: In your bedroom? You guys are doing not mid centry modern in home Springs. So like a r V. Like an r V. It was a garage too, Sorry, it's a garage.
Speaker 2: So it was it was fun skateboard, sleep on top of the ramp, put my bed on top of the on the deck on the you and there's aboard. It has like the movie Big it was like it was inspired by I'm sure, but I had to pot on the end. There's like a foot of vert on like a four foot pipe, so you like you literally have to like you can't all up into it.
Speaker 1: That's back when we would just like draw transition and like get a jigsaw.
Speaker 2: That's how we did it undred percent.
Speaker 1: And then you just take that template and do it four times. How wide was it eight foot wider? Was it wider? Okay?
Speaker 2: Eight by six?
Speaker 1: Uh huh? It was fun man, What do you mean eight by six?
Speaker 2: It was six feet high?
Speaker 1: You said four foot high.
Speaker 2: It was six feet high and eight ft wide.
Speaker 1: Okay, six feet high is way too high for an eight foot wide ramp with vert Everything about that is terrifying. Did you put on your knee pads when you woke up and wanted to slide down? Buzz is crazy? What do you have something for me? Buzz? Give me my gifts?
Speaker 2: Riviera inspired golf pats. One for Peter Pete.
Speaker 1: You believe Pete gets it agent. By the way, this is a good sized hat.
Speaker 2: It's a good hat.
Speaker 1: It actually feels nice. I like it. I like this material and a white hat. Here's something watch I have. I had a brand new Indian Wells speaking of Palm Springs, white hat. I'd just gotten it. And then I'm walking the kids to the elementary school and there's some other kids, some like second third graders, playing basketball on the nine foot goal. I stripped the ball from them, take it and just dunk it, and they love it. My hat falls off. My brand new white hat lands on the ground and I let go of the rim land on top of it. Footprint ruined. Can't get it clean. I'm so angry now you Oh, no, set, Maybe jumpsuit? I have a real long torso what long?
Speaker 2: It's long? It's for me, it's when I use it's what's your height?
Speaker 1: Do you six? Four? T? It's gonna give me?
Speaker 2: Are gonna get a cameltoe?
Speaker 1: Do any of your guys complain about the cameltoe with these things?
Speaker 2: My guys they're a little chubby, and you see them, were in the jumpstands just like a big old fat guys. I feel pretty bad by the way.
Speaker 1: Jumpsuit?
Speaker 2: Have you?
Speaker 1: Uh do you you you wear a jumpsuit every day? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Most times? Do you?
Speaker 1: Have you gotten used to? Uh? No? The bathroom like it takes it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, you know, zip it. It's easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you if you have to go number two, you have.
Speaker 2: To do that before you get you jumps it on.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't get to plan my number two's like that. That's that's good stuff by you. Ever, what do you tell your guys when they have to go to the bathroom on at at customers homes?
Speaker 2: What do you tell they can't use the customers about them. They have to use about them before they leave the.
Speaker 1: Shop, right, But what if they have to go you know, and I tell you guys, every time I say the airstreams unlocked, there's a nice bathroom in there, I tell them they just use it. I'd rather that than then my kid coming out seeing the Ukrainian's penis in my butchers. Why did somebody pay you to drive their Lamborghini for three hours in California?
Speaker 2: You guys smog the car every two years, right, so in a way to do that, you do you have to every two years you have to smog your car.
Speaker 1: Not new cars, not new cars cars.
Speaker 2: So it's like an O six Lamborghini. Okay, So you know he calls me's like, hey, take my Lamborghini and you get small. So I'm thinking, oh, this is me great, I'm gonna go drop the Lamborghini around. Well, you know, you do the researching find out you have to drive it fifty five miles for one hundred miles in order to reset all the computer because there's you know, KILLAC converted codes, there's Michigan codes that all need to get reset, and the only way to do that is to drive at fifty five on the freeway. It is lot.
Speaker 1: Did he know that that was what I had happen?
Speaker 2: I think he did. He's like, yeah, go drive it fifty five please. And you're driving like through Santa Clarita and you're pulling over to get barbecue, like the little spot and all the guys are like, whoa drunk cartel guys here? And you're like, I don't think I'm brought a few sandwich. But you dive back at fifty five and I you know, fifty five is so dumb, dude. It's so down. You're driving and like the semi trucks passing you long air. You know, you're like, hey, the wind he goes down this far. You're like, and it's loud, but it was. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Well, I get free car washes for life, now that I've had you on my powerful and needle moving podcasts.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, No, No, I I got kids.
Speaker 1: Here's say that was the question was? Eddie wrote that question. I never want free things because I like to still complain. Yeah, right, if I pay for something, I can complain if I if I get something for free, then I feel like now this part I have to be extra grateful and this person owes me. So I never ever want free stuff. I'm always like, no, no, that's not how it works.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a funny celebrity story. So Adam Sandler, we watched his car once. He shows up and his kids and he gets out. He's playing basketball his kids and like super cool. So we wash it, bring it back and he's like, oh cool, how much. I'm like, I have fifty bucks and he's like, oh, you're going charge me. I'm like, yeah, I got two kids too, man, and he's like, hey, I'm just working with you and give me a hundred bucks. But still I don't know if he.
Speaker 1: Was no, he was, he was fucking with you.
Speaker 2: He's cool, You're gonna charge me?
Speaker 1: Is funny to say, well, are you gonna charge me. Discuss some of your celebrity clients who if you watch.
Speaker 2: Celebs, Chris Brosman's cool.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you washed his uh.
Speaker 2: He came in seven bommobile once. It was like super cool and was like a cool melt man because you have the bottom noll bell plus James Bond and he's a really nice guy, a super cool guy, and.
Speaker 1: He's very nice. I've seen him at like farmers markets and things like that, and anytime I see him, I'm like, oh, you're just like you're like grandpa. He's like an old man. There's like when they say action they tell you how to be cooler, because when he's not on camera, it just looks like your grandpa with his pants too walking around. I think he's the sweetest man in the world. Hey do you keep a clean car? No, you don't.
Speaker 2: I wish. I mean one, I feel bad niking my guys wash my car because they're busting their ass. It's like, hey, wash my car too while you're at it.
Speaker 1: That means you're only human good and two and you don't want.
Speaker 2: To go like I'm a surfer, so like I eat my car. There's like a left that where brito from yesterday. There's like a yogurt cup, you know, like when you're working and driving and looking, you're just always fuck.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. I want my car. I want my car so clean every time. It's just makes me happy to be in it.
Speaker 2: But my car is a pre so I don't really care.
Speaker 1: Is your home clean? Yes? Do you clean?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: At your house? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I primarily do the outside and my wife does the inside. Powerasher, you know, I'm good with the power washer.
Speaker 1: Power washer.
Speaker 2: I'll power wash anything.
Speaker 1: I got a powerasher, gas or electric electric, that's no, the gas is the high powered one. Yeah. Well whatever. If my kids get closed to me, I aiming at their toes. And we had this kid.
Speaker 2: Work for us when the members was like, hey, can you hire my sign I'll pay you just basically babysit my kid. It's like fourteen. He's like train him how to wash the car, you know, and yell at him. I'm like, all right, i'll put together work. So he's like wash. He's like fourteen. He's like a total little whimpy kid, and he's like washing the coos. Not do it again, do it again, do it again? And maybe them just wash and wash and wash, and then he'd be like, I don't want to do it, so I'd get the power washer and I would squort it with the power washer, like get the work.
Speaker 1: I use it at the elephant.
Speaker 2: I'd call them down and be like, hey, hey, just so you know, like kind of rough with your sign and he's like, please send him home crying. I don't care because it was like such a soft kid, like you know growing up in now wore playing video games all day and.
Speaker 1: So it's okay to have a side. I tell my kid it's okay. He gets very emotional all the time. I'm like, that's sor right. We're emotional people. You're allowed to be emotional. I'm I embrace it. I'm not going to set him to work for you. Come home with skin RiPP top. That's good stuff, Buzz Well, I wish you all the best. Welcome to the neighborhood. Uh huh. And and thank you for keeping my cars clean.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Pasha, Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Want to thank buzz And I can't wait to give away that onesie. There's just no world where I ever slip into that jumpsuit, right, what am I? I can't even think of a world where I would use it. Maybe there's a bit at my house where I'm pretending to be bagg of vance.
Speaker 2: Get the green.
Speaker 1: I don't know, come out of a legend. I don't know. I don't know why. I don't know why he gave me a onesie, but he did, right, Carl, did you hear this the other day? You know how I interviewed my wife and I've made fun of how her voice sounds. Well, now I've actually got proof that her voice is off putting. Her own cousin who I've talked about many times. We call her Panda. She is outside with me and next to us or behind us in a tree. A crow makes a noise and Panda goes yeah, and I said what wow? I go, what did you just do? What did you just do? And she goes, oh, I thought that was Carly talking to me. I go, you thought that crow that went was my wife? And she was so embarrassed by and then I immediately had Carly come out and I go, Carly, get out here, and she goes, she was talking. She was talking to a crow because she thought the crow was you, and she goes, one fairness. A lot of times my wife calls her paw. It's it's it's my kids have shortened Panda to pa, and so pa is what she thought, and it sounds just like my wife. Well anyway, my wife the crow. We got a tossshow store dot com. Get some of that free merche. It's not free, you gotta pay for it, but it's like it's.
Speaker 2: Free when you get free to how you want.
Speaker 1: You can go to this, go to the website for free and just look at it. Imagine what it looks like on you. You pay a small fee and you get the clothes. It's free.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah, it's free. Get a thirty dollars T shirt and you know that's not even that expensive anymore because the dollar is not worth as much. I don't know how the economy works. All right, we got Eddie's tour and my tour. Come see us do stand up comedy. Got some great shows coming up. We're gonna be all over this beautiful land of ours. M hm, ready for the free plug? Well, then hit the music. Oh like we're in a waiting room at a doctor's office. Doesn't get me excited about this free plug? What is this freelo us free plug is for the Museum of International Folk Art in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The museum was founded by Florence de Belle Bartlett in nineteen fifty three. Oh okay, it's been around for a bit. Based on the belief that folk art would foster an appreciation of the culture and craft of other countries, she also wanted to provide one avenue for a closer understanding between men. Well, okay, you be sure to stop by after June eighth, when they're newx phibition opens called Appearances Deceive. Embroideries by Polycarpio Valencia. Well, that's gonna be nice. Is there a fee to get into this place or no? I gotta know, I can't if I'm giving them a free plug. I gotta I gotta let people know if they need to have a few few clams on them before they go see Embroideries by Palerco Valencia pull A Carpio seven dollars for New Mexico residents and twelve dollars if you're from out of state. Man, that's how they get you. That's the terraffs right there, Arris, I'm learning. It's the first retrospective of Valencia's work whose embroidered textiles contemplate the serious subjects of morality and mortality with wit and whimsy.
Speaker 2: This seems like a lot going on in those stitchens.
Speaker 1: That's that's yeah, because you're just gonna look at that and probably think, oh, that that's that's a neat pattern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to die.
Speaker 1: The Museum of International Folk Art is located at seven oh six Camino Lejo on Museum Hill in Santa Fe. Well, yeah, it seems you know, I don't think you need to have the go to museum. If you go to Museum Hill, you're gonna you gotta hit it. You think it was named Museum Hill after or before, because if she was probably shopping locations back in nineteen fifty three, she'd be like, you know, what would be a great spot for this over there on Museum.
Speaker 2: Hill, like brilliant?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'm gonna get there. I don't know when. I guess I'm waiting till after June eighth. I hate to even plug it that way because now I feel like, now until June eighth, business is going to be slow. People are you're gonna want to you know, it's like the end of the year. Car shot up and who wants to twenty twenty five when twenty twenty six is coming out and they're gonna put a spoiler on the back. There's deals. Get out there, support them. Okay, see you next week.