Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and he I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Ukraine firing the first American made long range missiles into Russia, targeting an ammunition store in the Brian's border region. Eight missiles, known as attackers, were fired and two intercepted. The Kremlin appearing to threaten possible use of nuclear weapons in response, but the pensacons saying there are no signs it's preparing to do so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is an interesting development, And I was shocked that that wasn't the lead story on the Evening News last night. For a lot of people that I follow, it was a really, really big deal.
Speaker 2: But it didn't.
Speaker 4: Not only did not lead the Evening News last night, couple of cam I saw didn't even mention it. So David Sanger and The New York Times wrote yesterday for Russia, nuclear weapons are the ultimate bargaining chip, talking about how on the one thousandth day of the war, coincidentally, Vladimir Zlenzi took advantage of the new permission to use those attack them rockets that you just heard about and fired them into Russia. At the same time, Russia formally announced a new nuclear doctrine, declaring for the first time that it would use nuclear weapons not only in response to an attack that threatened its survival, but also in any response to any attack that posed a threat to its sovereignty or territorial integrity, which is exactly what happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you're hardcore defender of territorial integrity, now, are you of lad right?
Speaker 4: And also it declared for the first time the right to use nuclear weapons against the state that possesses conventional arms only if it is backed by a nuclear power Ukraine obviously being backed by the United States in France, three of the nine current nuclear powers that exist on Earth. And this is the part from the Sanger piece that I thought was interesting. Yet it was telling that the reaction in Washington on Tuesday was just short of a yawn. Officials dismissed the doctrine as the nothing burger of nuclear threats. The city was rife with speculation over whether or not Matt Gates would get confirmed, but nobody was interested in talking.
Speaker 2: About the possibility of a nuclear war.
Speaker 4: So, as he said, striking the Ukraine War has changed many things that it has ended hundreds of thousands of lives, shattered millions of lives, shaken Europe, and inured Washington in the world to the use of nuclear weapons, apparently as a bargaining chip for better or worse.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's.
Speaker 4: A good thing that you know, the world no longer freaks out when somebody threatens that, or if it's a bad thing that we've gotten used to it and nothing has happened in the past, so nothing will probably happen in the future.
Speaker 2: So whatever, I think, all of those things factor.
Speaker 1: And I also think there's probably a belief, especially given the that we're dealing with Putin here, that there will be other ratcheting up steps of the rhetoric before anything goes cur Bluey. He's not going to suddenly leap three steps ahead and unleash a tactical nuke on Kiev. See.
Speaker 2: I don't think it.
Speaker 4: Would be Putin's not going to fire a ballistic missile of the United States or anything like that. But I don't think it would be out of there is out of the realm of possibility that he uses a tactical nerd nuke on the battlefield, and it gets a hell of a lot of attention and push back and everything like that. But from reading David Sanger's book The New Cold Wars and getting making my way through Bob Woodward's book, there's nobody knows how we would react, or certainly how Biden would react to the use of a tacular tactical news. It's not a given that we would immediately put troops in or fire back with a nuclear reapon or anything like that. It might just be strong sanctions. Again, a lot of you know, this cannot stand sort of language.
Speaker 2: Might be right. Yeah, I wonder this one is so tough.
Speaker 1: There are major flaws and limitations to both sides of the we ought to be yarm in Ukraine to the teeth and defeating Russia side. There are absolute realities that you bought up against, if that's your opinion. And likewise, the absolutely indefensible moronic idea that Putin is somehow the savior of Western civilization, or and this is less moronic but incorrect, the idea that NATO somehow threatened him into doing this. You're ignoring Putin's stated goals for years now. Well, and I will want to regrow the Soviet Empire.
Speaker 4: And I will say again my personal position is I don't want world War three either, but I think letting Putin get away with this makes world War three more likely, not less likely.
Speaker 2: And I guess we strong response doesn't invite aggression weakness.
Speaker 4: I guess we disagree on this because I follow a lot of social media and there's a lot of people out there that believe, like Biden, using the allowing attackers yesterday gets us closer to World War three. So, for the first time ever, according to Gallup, more than half of Ukrainians want the war to end as soon as possible. Is now crossed that threshold just recently fifty two thirty eight, which of the following statements about the war with Russia comes closest to your personal views, and what they want is the ultimate decision. What we want in the United States doesn't determine. It's what Ukrainians want to do with how much they want to fight and everything like that. Should continue fighting the war until they win thirty eight percent. Ukraine should seek to negotiate an ending to the war as soon as possible fifty two percent, So pretty clear win for that now so what's that going to look like negotiate an end of the war. Here's James Stravitus, who was the head guy at NATO for a while on MSNBC Today talking about that.
Speaker 5: And then strategically, what I think the Biden team is about, and it's a smart play, is to give Vo Lodimir Zelenski as many chips for the bargaining table as he can possibly have. He's holding a chunk of Russia around Kursk. Here's another bargaining chip, a TACKS missile, So I think there are implications in all domains. And he goes on, He's lost two hundred thousand killed in action, four hundred thousand who are grievously wounded, six hundred thousand who have left the country to avoid the draft. He is now approaching civil warlike levels of casualties. It's a terrifying thing in my view if you are a member of.
Speaker 2: The Russian population.
Speaker 5: So I think between the bargaining chips, you're absolutely right. The chunk of territory that the Ukrainians hold of Russia, the new a tacms, the F sixteens, which are starting to have real impact. Those are operational military bargaining chips. On the other side of it is going to be casualties inflicted on Russia. Those two things I think might help get Putin to the bargaining table.
Speaker 2: So I watched that whole interview.
Speaker 4: Stravenis believes Ukraine is going to have to give up twenty percent of their territory, which is a lot. That's a lot of your country you're given up, but it could end the war and that would only be for you, hope. You would hopeuarantees that are actual guarantees from NATO and more importantly the United States that you don't get a second bite of the apple Russia or we actually NATO actually is going to push back. You'd have to have that, wouldn't you that NATO like a fourth.
Speaker 2: Bite of the apple?
Speaker 1: Which is not cribbling this pointing something out by saying that, yeah.
Speaker 4: But wouldn't you have to have a full on NATO will come to your defense guarantee for Ukraine to agree to give up twenty percent of their land with troops present. Yeah, with NATO troops present.
Speaker 2: Or something that is the equivalent. But would would Putin agree to that?
Speaker 4: I mean, in his biggest concern was having a NATO country on his border. He would basically have a NATO country on his border, whether they were a member of NATO or not. If there are NATO troops there, there would be a STREVETUS talked about a wide DMZ to militarized zone, So it wouldn't be right on the border. There would be many miles in between the two countries, but it would be NATO troops right there. That's the only one you keep putting from going back again.
Speaker 1: Well, and anybody who has studied the history of warfare, both modern and ancient, knows that just because you come to the bargaining table doesn't mean you reach a bargain right.
Speaker 2: So to assume that, I think is a mistake.
Speaker 1: Jack before we run out of time, run out of time, A tragic note from the world of from the art world. You know that in Russia ballet stars are national heroes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's huge.
Speaker 1: Russia, for all of it's false and like never ever having representative government, has incredibly rich arts and has for a long time.
Speaker 4: But this is I've got a very sad I've got a good selfie of myself in front of the Bullshey Theater there in Moscow, I took a selfie of myself trying to do a pirouet right in front of the bullshit.
Speaker 2: Or we could post that at armstring and get a dot com. That'd be charming.
Speaker 1: But back to the tragic story from the art world. Russian ballet star Vladimir Kylarov has has passed away. The national hero ballet dancer had previously spoken out against the war in Ukraine, saying quote, politicians should be able to negotiate without shooting and killing civilians. Well, he suffered an unfortunate accident. Jack, I'll give you one guess, twisted his ankle, slippery floor open window, plunged out of a fifth floor window.
Speaker 2: In Saint Petersburg. That is amazing.
Speaker 1: They really really need to look into those window locks like you avon hotels that only let you open at six inches or so.
Speaker 2: That something with that in Russia.
Speaker 4: And the amazing part is that people are so scared of Putin and he has such a tight fisted control over that country that those deaths are reported as died from falling out a window without pointing out the obvious, because they're scared enough that they'll fall out of a window, and Putin knows that that's why they keep falling out a windows. He doesn't think, well, I better come up with a different sort of accident so people will catch on. No, he wants people to know. Yeah, we killed him. We killed him, We killed all those doctors who said had things about COVID. We kill whoever we want to kill. Just want to make sure you all know that, and we don't even try to cover it up. That's how dangerous we are. Company got to comment, Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So I wonder what the over under is for ballet dancers shoved out of windows before the end of the war in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure Prize Picks is on that.
Speaker 1: But if you're into the sports like we are, all you have to do is Prize Picks best place to get real money sports action. You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred times your money with as little as four correct picks.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: They also are the only fantasy platform out there with an injury insurance policy, so you don't have to worry about you got your lineup.
Speaker 2: They get hurt right away and then dang I'm out, You're not.
Speaker 1: No, It's it's fantastic And they even have the flex play, which means you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect.
Speaker 2: You can double your money even if one of your picks does not hit.
Speaker 1: There's all sorts of different ways to do it, but it's sober simple and easy to understand.
Speaker 2: Just download the app today.
Speaker 1: Use their code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. Yeah, five dollars. If that's fun for you, great, do that. That's the code armstrong. When you get the Prize Picks app, use that code armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 4: By the way, Biden approved land mines for the first time Ukraine can use, and that's a pretty big deal. They've been wanting that for years to keep Russian soldiers from being able to come in. It's just trying to put Putent in enough pain that he'll agree to something. Obviously a lot of pain for Ukraine if they have to give up twenty percent of their country. But if you could come to an agreement, you know, around those terms, something like that, as all always with war, what an incredible waste of life and resources. Just awful, and in this case to accomplish what nothing for anybody, Just death and destruction and pain.
Speaker 1: Hold a lighter note, because everything's a lighter note. Sorry, Kale, goodbye kin Wa. Beans are the new in food?
Speaker 4: What Sorry, I'm having trouble making the transition hit a bit.
Speaker 2: Of a jarring transition there, I had.
Speaker 4: Beans are the new cool food. Beans are the new in food. Okay, that and other stuff on the waist to hear.
Speaker 2: Spirit Airlines yesterday filed for bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: So if you had a flight booked on Spirit, I have even more bad news.
Speaker 2: Got you a brief joke. I never flew Spirit.
Speaker 4: It's now bankrupt, but it gets a lot of hatred in the late night comics, so it must not be the best of airlines. I don't know. Of course, they make fun of Urbi's all the time, and I love armies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ultra cheap o airlines. I'm not at the point of my life where I'm chasing the lowest fare, no matter how uncomfortable or badly I'm treated. I don't mean to come off as a Rockefeller or anything, but yeah, so I don't I don't know spirit and what's the jet blue and those things.
Speaker 2: I haven't experienced that anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know doctor Oz got nominated for a cabinet post. Yes, we have heard about that. We've chosen not to obsess over that sort of thing. There are a couple of picks that I'm really intrigued by, some of the newer ones. Oz is a smart guy. I don't shot, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, he's a quack. Yeah, he's a con man.
Speaker 4: And in just no way he's the best choice. It's just a Trump. Trump makes it hard to support him so often. Just why does he get this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: We got so many emails saying essentially that thing. God, just when I got through telling my friends, look, some of these are unconventional, but beat Meg Seth.
Speaker 2: Is a blubb Marco Marco, Yeah right whatever. Then he goes with doctor freaking Oz.
Speaker 1: You're freakings anyway, speaking of medical Oh there's doctor Oz there anyway, speaking of medical matter. Sorry, Kale, you're out. Beans are the new nutritional obsession. Why everyone's talking about beans?
Speaker 4: Kale is out? And I never even got a chance to try it. I was gonna get around to it. I just never did. Beans are a musical fruit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I knew it would get there eventually. Untoward and childish jokes about flatulence, I, for one, do not approve, but they actually get into it in this discussion of how beans are high protein, protein and fiber, low and fat. I'm not really anti fat. I think fat's good for you and it keeps you full. But anyway, they help lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and recent research suggests that eating beans frequently can improve gut health and might lower risk of cardioiovascular disease, obesity, and colon cancer.
Speaker 2: Is there a particular kind of bean I should eat?
Speaker 1: There are multiple kinds of beans that you can eat, Jack, And I've got a chart here, but it would be tedious and not at the least but entertaining for me to read their various nutrition nutritional advantages.
Speaker 2: But like, uh, I like beans? Does that count kidney beans?
Speaker 1: Seven point eight grams of proteins seven grams of fibers a per bean? No, that's per hundred grams of beans. What cannellini beans, chickpeas, black beans, pinto beans, navy beans, let's all salute navy beans.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your service, navy beans.
Speaker 1: But the protein and fiber and beans also help produce spikes and subsequent crashes in blood sugar. And the way they beef up your biome in your gut with the good bacteria and that sort of thing they think can help stave off colon cancer and stuff like that. Here's the way you avoid the obvious drawbacks.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was wondering. You gotta ease into it, they say them.
Speaker 1: No, no, they can cause gas and bloating, especially if you're not used to eating them.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Dieticians advise people who want to add beans to their diet to start slowly. Begin with a quarter cup, Drink plenty of water, which can prevent fiber related constipation, and move around. If you feel bloated or gassy, your body will acclimate.
Speaker 2: Move around if you feel gassy, okay, hard fart primary I feel okay. I like with every jumping jack, another one comes out. That's what the problem is.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't say it will prevent unfortunate foofage. They just it'll make you feel more comfortable.
Speaker 4: Okay, boy, I'll get cans of pork and beans at home, and I'll start eating.
Speaker 1: That's all. Start every morning, you know, a good bean salad with you know, a little uh, little little dressing, little onion, little tomato, a little list, a little at I find delicious.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make it a point to eat more. Means that is fantastic and good news, tons of them. All of a sudden, they're blue, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 6: This morning, it's increasingly clear it is Donald Trump's world and we're just living in it. The most powerful rocket ever built blasting off from Texas yesterday with its creator, Elon Musk, looking on, with the President elect of the United States, Donald Trump, wearing a hat said forty five and forty seven, making the trip with his billionaire buddy to take in the launch, just days after they both attended a UFC fight at Madison Square Garden, where the winner did Trump's signature dance after the knockout.
Speaker 1: Why does she sound like she's describing that incident in which a Philadelphia Eagles fan eat eight horseman.
Speaker 4: Or I wanted to get let's play the one I wanted to get on that is thirty two, please?
Speaker 2: Not just a high profile name.
Speaker 7: Doctor Oz is also a television star, so something that he Donald Trump is clearly making a repetition of. Obviously, yesterday, as we announced, he was said that he was choosing Sean Duffy, who is the host of Fox Business as well as a reality TV star, as the head of the Transportation Department. Now we know that he is going to choose rem and Oz as the head of centers for Medicare and Medicaid services.
Speaker 4: Come on, even if you're a Trump supporter, you gotta admit he chooses an awful lot of people from television, Yes, right, clearly, yes, I mean and again I wonder is it because he knows them from TV? Or is it because he thinks, you know what, the average voter out there barely pays attention. And we're going to get to that here in a few seconds about the election. But the average voter out there just barely pays attention, and people they see on TV makes them more excited about my picks. That might actually be his strategy. I wonder.
Speaker 2: I think that's part of it.
Speaker 1: The other part of it is this is a guy who we've agreed he will execute my vision. He is not some old hand in Washington, DC. That's gonna smile to my face and then slow walk every single thing I want to get done to protect all of his cronies.
Speaker 4: So some interesting reporting came out yesterday about people who voted made their decisions at the very end, like last week, last days, or day of. I know, for most of us, it's impossible to imagine. You didn't know between Kamala Harrison Donald Trump, with their stark differences in all the baggage, You didn't know who you're going to go vote for on that last day. But they broke heavily toward Trump. The people who decided in the last week, last days, and day of, I mean overwhelmingly toward Trump. So if you got a practically tied election with whatever it was, ten percent undecided and the undecided to break overwhelmingly toward one person, that person wins, which is what happened. But so I came onto this from a tweet from Ian Bremer, which I can't figure out if this news organization is jerking with me, jerking me hair, or if they know what they're saying or they don't quite want to say it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Ian Bremer tweeted out the.
Speaker 4: Percentage of swing voters that chose Trump and believed the Harris campaign supported taxpayer funding for transgender surgeries was eighty three percent. So eighty three percent of swing voters believed keyword here that Harris was into that whole taxpayer sex changes.
Speaker 2: For you know, that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well, where the heck did they come by that belief? That's what I want to know, right, So is.
Speaker 4: The implication there that they believed something untrue?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let me make you some.
Speaker 1: Sort of pardon me. But we ass effort to cloud those waters. That's what we heard her say it with their own mouth.
Speaker 4: So the headline of the organization that wrote this blueprint twenty twenty twenty four, their headline was Swing voters misperceptions of Harris and late turn to Trump. These voters, who remained open to persuasion until the very end, delivered not just a rejection of Harris, but what they believed the Democratic Party stands for absorbing right wing narratives. See, all of this is fudgie. That's exactly one hundred percent true. But you're kind of implying that people believe stuff that wasn't true. But you're not saying that some of those narratives were true. Lots of narratives are true. The narrative that I'm a father of two is a true narrative.
Speaker 2: So they So, what do you think they're doing here?
Speaker 4: They are they just trying to like satisfy people who want to hate on Trump voters, but don't have the guts to say it out loud because will they be lying?
Speaker 1: I think so, Yeah, it's just pandering. You're not going to challenge any of the beliefs to the bubble people within your orbit. Although the interesting you know aspect of that to me is that a lot of people within that bubble would be fine with taxpayers paying for sexually confused, murderous lunatics sex change operations.
Speaker 4: Well, I responded to Ian Bremer, and he gets so many responses.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he didn't see it.
Speaker 4: But I responded to in Bremer that, well, people believed that because she once said it, and when she was given the opportunity to clean it up, she didn't remember when.
Speaker 2: She was where do you stand on this, I'll follow the law.
Speaker 4: Well, does that mean you still support taxpayers funding sex change operations for illegals?
Speaker 2: I'll follow the law.
Speaker 4: So she had an opportunity to disavow her own position, and she passed on it. That's not the fault of the voters if they believe the narrative.
Speaker 3: Kind of.
Speaker 1: She just expressed that sentiment that once in that clip that we saw in the campaign.
Speaker 2: Ad right, she espoused that.
Speaker 1: For years, and so that the article is somehow implying that voters stupid, stupid, paranoid voters assumed that she still has those beliefs just because she said them over and over again and never disavowed them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we assumed. Yeah, and when given the chance, that makes us idiots play right, and when given the chance to clean that up on a big, giant national platform. I don't remember which interview it was, but it was one of the highly anticipated.
Speaker 2: It might have been in the sixty minutes she took a pass or that was Brett Baar. I think, oh was it Brett Baar? Okay, fine, I'll follow that.
Speaker 4: It was one of the real high profile interviews because she didn't do very many. I mean, this really pisses me off, This really makes me angry. Key findings here late break for Trump. Swing voters broke for Trump fifty two to thirty eight for Harris overall, which is huge in a close election.
Speaker 2: Nearly half of swing.
Speaker 4: Voters who chose Trump made their decision in the final weeks, including twenty seven percent in the final days, fifteen percent in the last week, and twelve percent on election day. Twelve percent of swing voters decided on election day. I don't even know what your deal is, but all right, I mean, you get to do it however you want. But how you're supposed to reach people who don't have it figured out until the day they walk in.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I don't like to term culture war issues because that's often used by the left to make it sound like people are crazy for defending like the very norms of society. But I guarantee you that's stuff, and it's difficult to quantify exactly that stuff matters.
Speaker 2: Now, if somebody.
Speaker 1: Had the world's most brilliant economic ideas, we're going to keep inflation low, you know, the economy would surge, chicken in every pot, et cetera.
Speaker 2: They had some somewhat odd.
Speaker 1: Social ideas, man, you'd be tempted to just swell. Maybe I'll just to do a speech against the social issues. But let's get her going. When you combine inflation with just utterly abhorrent radical came out of nowhere and rigidly enforced social doctrines.
Speaker 2: Now go to hell, get out. We don't want you.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm making too big a deal of this two weeks after the election. But here's their other paragraph. Tell me this isn't fudgy. Eighty percent of swing voters who chose Trump believed Harris held positions she didn't campaign on in twenty twenty four, including supporting including supporting tax payer funding for transgender surgeries from documented immigrants.
Speaker 2: No, that's not fudgy.
Speaker 1: It's deliberately misleading without crossing the line into a laws stating an out and out falsehood.
Speaker 4: Right, So they're doing that on purpose. She didn't campaign on twenty twenty four. No, she didn't campaign on it because it was incredibly unpopular, but she did. But she did campaign in twenty nineteen, and when she was given a chance to disavow it, she took a pass.
Speaker 2: So don't. Ah. It really makes me mad that they're doing this. And to me, the.
Speaker 4: Two things that made it that that Fate should have intervened and made sure Kamala Harris lost one is that one. You're so way too cute, double the way too cute, by h I'll follow the law. So you don't have the guts to come out and say I don't believe taxpayers should pay for illegals to get sex change operations.
Speaker 2: You don't have to say that.
Speaker 4: And the same on Prop thirty six in California that past seventy thirty How do you vote on that? I don't think I should weigh in this close to the election. You were the attorney general. Are you kidding me? You're not gonna wig in crime and punishment? Screw you, Kamala Harris. You deserve to lose for not having the guts to take a position on those two easy wins.
Speaker 2: Easy wins, and you didn't say anything. Wait, I'm having a psychic moment. I'm having a sign.
Speaker 1: I'm channeling the spirit of Kamala Harris. Michael's busy fixing technical problem. Otherwise I'd have him played a whoo sound because I'm having a psychic moment. Michael, do we have some sort of like oddly mystical here's a psychic sound?
Speaker 2: Hang on, com I'll channel in a second.
Speaker 1: We're working on the sound anyway here I'm channeling or Hey, hey, look wise ass. I'm the head of a party that depends on the votes of a coalition of people who are so effing nuts you don't know what to do with them. These people think a guy can just declare himself a woman and then like you know, Jesus turned water into wine, or or the what did you call the old the old guys who thought they could turn lead into gold?
Speaker 2: What was that called chemists? Alchemist?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like an alchemist that you can turn a man into a woman just by saying, look, looky there, that's a woman.
Speaker 2: So what do you want me to do? It's not easy to run for office? Would you party? A coalition is.
Speaker 1: In Say all right, all right now, me and Doug are going back to California.
Speaker 2: You can get drunk on wine. How about have a bud?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, us ooh, it's exhausting when I have those channeling moments.
Speaker 2: It is time for us to do what we have been doing in that time as every day.
Speaker 4: As well, said Trump voters believed things she didn't even campaign on in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: If you, oh, that pisses me off.
Speaker 1: I think we may have begun the discussion with a mention of doctor Oz, who is unquestionably a quack and agree to have fun.
Speaker 2: He's a smart guy.
Speaker 1: I wonder, I wonder if he is the sort of hammer that it's going to take to reform. The Department of Health and Human Services has more than six thousand employees, and his agency, the agency he heads up, would would fall under that, but it plays a major role in shaping the health coverage of morton. One hundred and thirty million Americans. Wow enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid and plans obtained through the Affordable Care Act. So he would work under RFKA Junior for the love of Heaven. But that this isn't a you can have real impact. So this doctor Oz thing is not something he has to get confirmed for.
Speaker 2: That I don't know. Yes, he will be.
Speaker 1: He will need to be confirmed by the Senate next year before he officially takes charge of the agency.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: It'll be interesting to follow these confirmations to see how they play out. A lot of my favorite pundits think Trump's going to get all these people through. I'm surprised by that.
Speaker 1: But while many of these choices are have to deal with discretionary spending, which is a smallish part of the federal budget. Oz is going right into the belly of the entitlement beast to see what sort of waste, fraud, abuse, and inefficiency he can root out. You know, having said what I said about im, which I will take to the grave that belief, because it's true, you know who knows, who knows? Maybe he can get something done. He will be fighting against a bureaucracy so entrenched people who are so determined to protect their jobs, their turf, their power, their budget. It will be a herculean task. Nice why he has Bobby Kennedy with him, because Bobby's, you know, a bit of a roid guys herculean physique.
Speaker 4: If I'm gonna stretch my ability to be in favor of doctor Oz and RFK Junior and some of these people, it's that they're so wealthy they don't have to You can't buy them off. Really, they're not going to do it because they're getting paid or promised a job. On the other end, that is true, they will not jump back and forth across the aisle working for lobbyists than their agency than the lobbyist.
Speaker 2: Again, look at me managing to find a positive um.
Speaker 4: We have a verdict in one very high profile, controversial trial.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that coming up. And a bunch of stuff stay here.
Speaker 8: Count one malice murder. I find the defendant guilty. Count two felony murder. I find the defendant guilty Count three, felony murder. I find the defendant guilty. Count four, felony murder. I find the defendant guilty. Count five Kidnapping with bodily injury. I find the defendant guilty. Count six, aggravated assault with intent to rape. I find the defendant guilty count seven, aggravated battery. I find the defendant guilty. Count eight Obstructing or hindering a nine call. I find the defendant guilty count nine Tampering with evidence. I find the defendant guilty Count ten, peeping Tom. I find the defendant guilty.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, I don't think the peeping tom matters that much. After the horror rape and murder thing.
Speaker 2: So that's the.
Speaker 4: Became a giant story Lake and Riley rape and murder by an illegal. And it's interesting how so many news outrelets don't get around to mentioning anywhere in the first paragraph that he's in illegal. That's why it became now beautiful women getting killed by Rando's become national stories a lot. But the reason this one was being mentioned so much during the campaign as you had an illegal who killed someone and he has found guilty on all that stuff or horrible story.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't want to analyze it, but look, this is she was a kid. I mean, she was just starting out her life. She was getting some exercise in a college town. And this monster who had been let in through immoral, awful government policy, brutalized her then snuffed out her young life. People should be pissed off and outraged. You know, I realized this is this is not moment. But we're talking yesterday a lot about the about cut the crap, and people are buying up the armstrong and getting cut the crap T shirt. Here's the deal, your nuanced sounding, compassionate sounding, No human is illegal, build bridges not walls. Yeah, cut the crap. Murderers are coming in. They're murdering people, they're hurting people, they're committing crimes. That the trendy orogua was set up in how many twenty two different states we've heard Now, well, the root causes of no cut the crap, secure the border.
Speaker 2: We need more of that.
Speaker 4: The illegals commit crimes at a lower rate than natural born citizens.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, cut that crap too. How many murders Is it okay to.
Speaker 1: Import whatever freaking tendency they have to commit crimes compared to native born Blah blah blah, Shut up with that.
Speaker 2: God, dang it, it's crap. It's crap.
Speaker 4: Get your cut the crap T shirt at Armstrong in getdy dot com. Great Christmas Present.
Speaker 1: I really like talking about ideas and nuance and ambivalence and and things that appear to be one thing at first, but then they reveal themselves later.
Speaker 2: I really enjoy that sort of discussion.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, there are certain bedrock principles that you've got to stick within your life or it.
Speaker 2: All gets fed up.
Speaker 1: And one of those is you got a border, you get to decide who comes in and not. If you find yourself in a making having discussions and decisions and regulations and all that, weaken that that interfere with it, or make a mockery of it, You've gone way too far down that road.
Speaker 2: Cut the crap.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, the deportation conversation is hot since Trump promised to the biggest deportation in US history. Looking at the chart, Obama deported so many more people than Trump. Trump's biggest year matches Obama's lowest year barely. Obama was the deporter in chief and gotten no crap from it from the media, whereas Trump much lower deportion, deportation rate, you know, got all these courty.
Speaker 1: Part of that is Trump said, hey, we're not going to let you in at all. We're not going to let you in. Then fart around for a while, then deport you. You're not coming in at all. Remain in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Our forest is going to be great.
Speaker 1: If you don't get it, grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty