Speaker 1: I'm gonna do my overrated now during the cold open. Yeah, the fuck messing with the format, man.
Speaker 2: My overrated is spoiling or under overrated?
Speaker 1: As being mad at.
Speaker 2: Spoiling movies, I think just spoil movies all the time. I'm not going to do it for you because I know you'll be mad, but I think you guys need to relax. But here's my little joke. Here's my little joke that I'm doing it the cold open, and we're not going to do an overrated when it comes time, which is that I think Weapons is set in the Naked Gun universe, and that's all say.
Speaker 1: That's all I'll say. And that is in no way going to affect how I how I watch Weapons.
Speaker 2: But there there's multiple points, but really one main point that is has a shocking similarity between the two movies.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, now now I'm excited because I have seen Naked Gun. I agree don't like I Spoiling movies doesn't bother me unless it's like either a big twist or it's a comedy movie. I don't want to hear jokes before they happen in the movie, because that does genuinely like, oh hear any subtitles the joke.
Speaker 2: But that's that's also bad, even after I would argue, that's not the spoiler of it. That's the problem. It's that people can't tell jokes. You should leave it to the professionals.
Speaker 1: That's right. Everybody should shut the fuck up and stop trying to be funny repeating jokes.
Speaker 2: Fucking sucks. Yeah, well, but you can work in Austin as a comic.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four oh two, episode five of der Naliely's Guys. It's production by Heart Radios podcast were taken deep to have into American share consciousness and do a little dinosaurs sounds sometimes.
Speaker 2: At the time that was Howard Dean. This is Howard Dean with Howard Dean just saw Jurassic Park and was like, you know what, you know, we do something different at this point we go and uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what day is it? Oh, Miles, it's Friday, August twenty second, twenty five.
Speaker 2: Fucking god, it's August twenty second. That means it's National Surgical Oncologist Day. Thank you, because fuck cancer. Also never being Better day, Never being better. And it's a picture of a fucking dog or some shit bye, National bow Day. I'll getting down with that national pecon fucking by being I'm sorry to the left with you National tooth Fairy Day and National be an Angel Day. But it looks like someone euthanizing an elderly person in this photo.
Speaker 1: So that's a little freaky.
Speaker 2: Being an angel, Like you're about to become an angel. Maybe it's like a little come on home with me.
Speaker 1: You have the option be an angel, whatever kind of angel you want, Guardian angel or angela death there it is everybody's favorite angel.
Speaker 2: Was bow was bow like bowing like genuflecting or bow as bows as in yes? Can I just make my other p s A yeah, don't say bow ones. I know we need to say it for white people, but it's no, I didn't.
Speaker 1: It's the Chai tea of words. It's it's the ATM machine.
Speaker 2: Automatic tailor machine machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, automatic ATM automatic ATM machine.
Speaker 2: Automatic ADM machine man teller.
Speaker 1: I'm here to today's my day.
Speaker 2: I would try to literally destroy your format. This is the bold had crofton on two days ago. Good fucking luck, can't.
Speaker 1: Destroy Sorry it's been destroyed, no longer exists.
Speaker 2: Don't cry for me because I'm already.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien AKA, I'm so scared how about how my infant will fare? And I'm warning all my listeners be aware. Dread fires to the left of me, mass shootings to the right. Here I am stuck in the district. With courtesy Johnny Davis short show title Spice on the discord.
Speaker 2: My infant nearly died in a drug fire after mass shootings.
Speaker 1: So that's why, that's why you needed to send send him in. Also, he said, AKA, the making fun of Bob Dylan song that was the only song of theirs anyone cares about. Little known, little known in fact that I love Steeler's Wheel was a band and then they made that song which everybody's like, oh that Bob Dylan song. Not a Bob Dylan song. They were mocking Bob Dylan and it's the only hit that ever made. Hey, Bob Dylan, this is you Claws that left me j Goose. Everyone was like, hell yeah, dog, the ship bops Gavin and.
Speaker 2: My Steelers Wheel his way to the White House.
Speaker 1: I know, right yo, he does it like Trump. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gras Miles gregg a crawling.
Speaker 3: On the floor, drug fly years and gameless in Finn almost died bringing the army.
Speaker 4: Goal, shouted out arch Cam Camel the Discord Lincoln Park hybrid theory. Yeah, the angry teenage album of my fucking youth.
Speaker 2: So thanks for that, and you look and bonus because you incorporated Benny Johnson's famous fake crime by infant nearly died in a drug fire after mass shootings?
Speaker 1: Is that the one that goes take me back.
Speaker 2: The one that you were just singing or No, dude, that's eminescence a daddy.
Speaker 1: It's all. It's all a blend. It's one of those genres that genre of music is just all one song.
Speaker 2: To rap rock era. Yeah, and there wasn't that much rapping and evanescence. I mean, amy ly, we kind of had her own thing.
Speaker 1: Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by an agent of chaos, apparently hilarious and brilliant producer and TV writer. You know him from the Joss Racist podcast. It's Andrew too.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not because Jack's piss, Jack's piss.
Speaker 1: What is on your list?
Speaker 2: Because Jack's piss on your list?
Speaker 4: List?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it would be the lips. People have not stopped fucking. It's just, uh, the discord still with piss pitches all the way up and down. And then also all all of the suggestions for aka is on the discord regarding me are impossible to hoppery head if you have not listened to upwards of five hundred episodes of The Daily Daily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is this is the format. We like to do a incredibly deep inside joke at the top to just alienate anybody who might be a new listener exactly knock that out right up front. Yeah, yeah, yeah, people when they go, hey, I listened to that podcast that you suggested, What the fuck are they talking about?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is it? What the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's all.
Speaker 2: And then the only other one was a was one that is a essentially like can only be used on an episode where me and Marcella are back on at the same time, at the same time. It's not really uh anyway, thank you, was like, gang, I love I love the pissed her actions, the pissed I don't know, yeah, the pistol in upon us. Yeah, I did want to say, I I went to high school with Andrew w K. I don't know if you guys remember him. You did, but all that party stuff was also sarcastic because we grew up in ann Arbor, Michigan. And he literally wrote I remember because I had the first seven inch and we were like I wasn't like super good friends with him, but like some of my friends were really good friends with him. And he was literally like, this is what the fucking frap boys sound like? Yeah, and he wrote party hard right, and it it like turned into whatever, and he just became that person in a great way.
Speaker 1: I think that's one of my favorite articles we did back at Cracked. Was like a bunch of songs that were like basically they were like massive hit songs that were done sarcastically. Yeah, oh right, right right top Elvis, Elvis's whole thing, Elvis's whole shit where he's like that voice, like he sang a couple songs that were just like him singing like a normal person and they were like this kind of sucks. And then like they were just fucking around and he was like doing a bit and they were like more of guy like you being an assholely ship, and that's where we got the whole Elvis thing from.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what the gangam style toub thumping. I guess it's a lot of party anthems are cynical people being like, do you know what you don't folks sound like? And then everyone we love that is what.
Speaker 1: We sound like. It fucking rules. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Hey, this fucker gets it, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. We have Andrew W.
Speaker 2: K Lure on this podcast so much on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I won't. I won't get into it any more than that.
Speaker 2: But how many years do you have to have been listening to the show to get what's happening on the show?
Speaker 1: Do you mean? It's Yeah, I just wonder what.
Speaker 2: New people are thinking. Go on the discord and just tell me what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: What you think the first time listeners just hop in the discord, which you have to ask.
Speaker 2: It's probably like doing drugs. So for the first time, it's really disorienting to start, and then you kind of settle into it and you're like, yeah, you know, I coul can do this every day and it's constantly but and it's also I guess a little bit like you just go with it because of context clues and then eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little puzzle that we make for you. It has nothing to do with us being bad at our jobs. It's actually we're intentionally doing a puzzle for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Taylor Swift does the Easter eggs all the time. It's lore, and if you find it confusing, it's because you're not caught off in the lore.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry. Does Taylor Swift are the only good artist? Does she open every album being like, Okay, this is a song I'm going to write with like a guitar. No, she's challenging, Andrew. She challenges her listeners. And that's how really the inspiration that we take into every day every recording. Oh man, I like that song It's Nice to have a Friend? You heard that one? No, it's just like, is it Taylor Swift? She has a Taylor It's nice to have a friend. I would say it's one of the least challenging songs I've ever heard, but it sounds wonderful. And uh, it is a statement that I can get on board with. It's nice to have a friend.
Speaker 2: I that is obviously, I'm sure it's great. Yeah, she knows what she's doing songwriting and songwriting collaborator wise. That song sounds like if you told me that it was an Elmo joint, I would believe. I'd like, Yo, Elmo is fucking cooking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, sounds so sad.
Speaker 2: What the fuck yo?
Speaker 1: You see Elmo collab with Maximum. It's one of the songs that I what a little method I have is I will add a song that I like that I like, I'm not going to put on my mix, but I'll put it on my kids mix and like wow, because I'm listening to that probably more anyway than my own mix. And then they're like, why is this song or mix? I'm like, shut up, I'm.
Speaker 2: Listening to this whack ass shit.
Speaker 1: Dad.
Speaker 2: Here's a question for the dads out there. Is my reference is my calling stuff targeted towards young children? Elmo stuff? Is that a boomer mentality? Here is something my kids with almost heavy almost out there? There's so many almost spin off shows bro.
Speaker 1: Also, just the sentiment it's nice to have a friend is some straight up Elmo ship. It's like, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I guess everything everything that like almost says you could also probably put in the words of like an alcoholic who's just hit rock bottom and so sad, so basic different, basic sentiment is the same, Yeah, I mean actually, yeah, it's nice to have a friend. You could basically read as Almo and it's sound they get Almo song.
Speaker 1: Who the stand up is? Who talks about how mister Rogers is like statement that like is also very easy to read as a serial. Actually, I'm not going to do this because I don't know who the stand up car talking about.
Speaker 2: Don't tell jokes you.
Speaker 1: Anyways.
Speaker 2: I did say leave it to the professionals, and like it or not, you guys are professionals.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely not true. I gotta go. Andrew T thrilled to have you here and especially feisty mood. We're gonna get to know you in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna check out with the New York mayoral race the general election. Eric Adams still still out here. Yeah, that was so weird for me to realize that he was going to be the candidate opposite Mamdannie Like once Ma'm Donnie won. I was like, oh, and then Clomo is gonna come back. And there's that Curtis and Lee Will got and then they were like, no, Adams is still in the race. I was like, but what.
Speaker 2: How Adams the one investigated by the fence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, he's not doing well in the race, but he is still in the race, and there's a there's a great new anecdote from his campaign that we want to talk about. Also, just like how things are going for the anti Mamdanni movement. They've been trying hard, you mean, the Democrats. It's all types. Takes all types to stop a movement, you know. So we'll talk about how that's going for them, and then we of course one of my favorite things ever is when is when a breed more when a brand redesigns a logo disastrously. The Pepsi logo redesign is my favorite thing. I think like Gawker did, Like I had forgotten how short the Gawker article is where they just like combed through the deck. Yeah, one hundred and fifty page deck that this redesign firm did for Pepsi and just like pulled out the choicest nuggets. It's like a single page Gawker article probably my favorite single page in the history of the Internet. So I just want to talk about the redesign of the Cracker Barrel logo because it is being portrayed as like Mega is outraged about this, and I just like we need to we cannot seed this ground, like when we need to wait. Then we need to be on the side that we need to stand up and say no, we think this sucks too. Cracker Barrel redesigning their logo.
Speaker 2: But not for this, not because the old white guy went poof. This is this is Jack reaching across the aisle.
Speaker 1: This is this is Richie grows the island saying this fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: We can work together.
Speaker 1: We can't all that plenty more. The first Andrew tea, We do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually I also don't remember how far I got into this last time I was on the show. So I'm just gonna do it, and Jack go ahead and correct me. If people have heard this already, are you know what?
Speaker 1: Fuck you?
Speaker 2: If you've heard this already, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It is other uses for sodium citrate, So what happened was I got I was making some hatch chili cheese sauce. Okay, so type situation, and it.
Speaker 1: Seized up a little bit. The initial batch.
Speaker 2: Was like okay, but then when I moved, it seized up and seized uff like congealed congealed, Yeah, and the emulsion didn't hold. So the oil was starting to separate from the protein broke, which yeah, very standard happens with you know, non e mulcified cheese sauces. And I knew in the back the thing, he's a bad thing, the thing you're supposed to do that like the fucking I don't know. I guess I heard of it in the in the heyday of the idea of molecular gastronomy, but it's just you know, regular asqu chemistry. Anyway, there's a substance called sodium citrate. That is, to put it in terms that I this is, this is the thing that I kind of came up with. That is what I can understand. It's the thing that turns cheese into cheese with a Z to google right, it's and it is honestly amazing. I love it so much. So I was just like thinking aloud at my friend's place where I brought the the caeso that had seized up, and I was like, well, we'd need like I don't know, fuck it. I was like, okay, well I could. I guess I could make another rue and then if we add some beer to it, I think we could thin the sound and like read, you know, make it creamy. And I was like, otherwise, we'd need some sodium citrate.
Speaker 1: And my man reaches into the.
Speaker 2: Back of his pantry and pulls out a fucking little baggy of sodium citrate and we we mix up a little just water and sodium citrate solution and mix it in this.
Speaker 1: Thing, and it is fucking magic.
Speaker 2: It turned this like lump of cheese in like one of the like kind of the big tupperware, in the like four inch cubic tupperware. H it was solid cheese with like maybe closer to half a centimeter than not of oil on top.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna like shit out slowly. The thing.
Speaker 2: It was real grainy and real gross, and the sodium citrate solution, my god, it turned it into cheese whiz, quite literal cheese whiz put with nice cheese. And so now I bought myself a baggy of this, and I'm trying to use it. I'm I'm on the you know, I'm on the fucking I'm playing the rush, as it were. I'm really loving it. But and I'm sure my enthusiasm will call them down, But holy shit, it's I made. I made like the best mac and cheese I've ever made yesterday with just like Parmisano reggiano. Grated some of that in there, some shred and cheddar cheese, hatch chili.
Speaker 1: Does it do it for anything else besides cheese?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What happens if you put it on a snail? I can't mention it goes, well, oh wait a snail. No, I don't know. Do you know what happens? That's like a French thing? I assume, yeah, exactly, fresh scargo, a nice little painte. But you said all other uses for it. I mean, you can put it in like beverages and like jams and stuff. It's basically like like a really good and multiplier and stabilizer. But I think the thing that is like the thing that to me seems most magic, and I'm just you know, from reading about it, I think it's the thing that most people will think is the most magic is the cheese again, it's the cheese to cheese with a Z transitions. Yeah, but not, it's not even It's just like it turns it into whenever the fuck cheese whizzards. Yeah, it's like it's like water or like whatever flavored, like what you want. I used broth in mine and loose bits of shredded cheese, like the most disgusting thing you can kind of think of, and it just melts it and it turns it into a homogeneous like solution. It's so fucking good. Anyway, who's a fire litl UZI verts if you need, if you need some sodium citrate I got. I got a real real, not a real big bag, but a pretty big bag. A yeah, yes literally.
Speaker 1: And your friend who who just had that ship on deck is meth Cook. I'm assuming, yeah, I wish.
Speaker 2: I think he's just like a he's like like a like aspiring food guy. So it was actually when you know the other day too, I was over there and I was like, oh, well, I mean, it's only one duck breast, but it would be kind of dope if we smoked it. And homeboy broke out like one of those like bel jar dome things with like with like a little like rubber tube and like a you know, essentially like a vaporiser. Yeah yeah, like probably was yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: It was like yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It's just he always has ship like that around, so I should have known he had motherfucking sodium sit trade.
Speaker 1: But again, possibly a drug guy all the I mean also yelling smoke into.
Speaker 2: All this is some methylamine. I got, what is something?
Speaker 1: So we did?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 1: We already covered the.
Speaker 2: Overrated Yeah, I guess so in the cold of oh maybe it was underrated, overrated whatever, this one might be a miles only kind of jam. It's being mad that your mom was right about some stupid Asian ship that when you were a kid you are certain was wrong. And here's mine. Growing up, my mom would routinely say, no, on a hot day, what you want to have is hot soup because that will cool you down. And like, I think, like many Americans, but many I would say people, even that sounds fucking crazy and unpleasant. And I the other day, when it was very hot in Los Angeles, I was like, fuck it, I just want some fun. I went and got fun in like an unair conditioned restaurant in Chinatown, so sweaty. What I will say is it did not cool me down particularly, but it made me so hot that I couldn't think anymore.
Speaker 1: And I didn't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't worried about the heat. So yeah, comparatively, because you've just skulled did the inside of your body that you go outside in the ambient temperature, it's like that Heidecker on I think you should leave. It's like it's hot if you're if you're not expecting it to be Yeah, yes, exactly, it's supposed to be ice cold. It's supposed to be ice cold, exactly. So I think that sketch like once a week. I think we're at the age where that sketch. That sketch changed my behavior. I started stretching every morning after that sketch. That sketch is one where it's not even a focus of the sketch, but every time he shifts on the couch, she goes oh, And I was like, I need to do mobility exercises that hemorrhoids.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it could be mobility.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I just I do it when when I thankfully, I think I've gotten myself out of the part of life or not, like of the of inflexibility where that becomes a constant, involuntary sound that I made, but grown it was tying my shoes where it got bad.
Speaker 1: I was like I went in the ocean when I was Becky's and got like rocked by the waves, and like for the next twenty four hours when I would either sit down or stand up, I was making the most old man shit. I was being like, oh boy, oh you were doing I was vocalizing yah. They weren't even grown, Like yeah, yeah I got this. Oh you got this? Okay. Yeah, And and that's because I'm young and cool. Yeah yeah, well don't have that was an injury.
Speaker 2: But I will say I have found I think I've talked about this on the show before. Just a wee bit of stretching in the morning. Oh yeah, you got to so much more than I want to admit. That was my That was my grandfather's end of life advice to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like I was on a piece of advice. Yeah, when it's into the end. I was like, bro, like just get info, dune wisdom, dump on me. And He's like, man, the one thing he's like, you gotta stretch.
Speaker 1: Make sure you stretch.
Speaker 2: He's like, don't let your ship just get like fucking tight, and and just sees up on you need to like.
Speaker 1: Okay, damn, that's what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm like, okay the time that besides, actually these are both Netflix properties, listen to. This is simply the power of media and the magic of the movies. But this this came up for me when someone reviewed The Irishman, which is which is has de Niro with like a youthful face and the kind of and essentially that there was like, you know, it's the face is not as bad as you think, but he still looks his age because his movements are that of you know, his age, which is fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It has a scene hard where yeah, where they've de aged him and he like beats somebody else and it is the least. It's just like, guys, get a fu double here, what are we doing? Like you're just worried the whole time that he's going to topple over as he's supposed to be like showing off what a badass he is, and you're just like, oh, buddy, you're your legs bending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why are you Why is your hand on your hip as you lean down to function?
Speaker 1: All right? I honestly thought about that scene when Mike Tyson fought that racist kid like the which one okay, yeah, whichever of the Paul brothers because of like his legs. Roy Jones Junior in the first round was like kind of like Mike's legs, And I was immediately like, that is exactly right. That's and I thought of the scene in The Irishman where like you could tell that he is not under the age of sixty because of the way he's like walking without bending his like there's no lightness, He's not light on his feet in any way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really telling. And Tyson used to be as a fighter like so that was the thing that I didn't really appreciate until I did a little bit of boxing. It's like he would like literally like drop it low sometimes during fights. Oh, he was so insanely flexible and like deft on his feet his heels. So yeah, that's a to me an underrated part of his game because everyone feared the power. But it's like, no, he can he can duck in a way that I did not realize a human back out trying to yeah right now, yeah, my nurse.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break to just rest and stretch out, do our mobility exercises. Miles, all right, we'll be back to get into this. We'll be right back, and we're.
Speaker 2: Back, thirsty virtualal inside.
Speaker 1: And did you come towards the camera? Bro?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, It's crazy the level of physical comedy that's happening on this audio only podcast. Oh my god, this is great.
Speaker 1: Anyway, where were we? Let's talk Eric Adams real quick. Oh my god, it's just fun. He's still in it, still in it, baby, He's you know, Zorn Mumdani getting a lot of the attention. But you know, Eric Adams every once in a while, he'll pop back in be like, don't forget about motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Still here, still talking about the Twin Towers and corruption. But so Thursday morning, his former chief advisor, who quit fucking out of nowhere in December, was just hit with all kinds of charges related to her love of bribes and other grease payments. She's accused of accepting more than seventy five thousand dollars in bribes while serving in the mayor's administration, and the alleged conspiracy was outlined in four indictments, two of which included her son. The indictment alleges that her Son received fifty thousand dollars in exchange for steering city contracts for asylum seeker shelter sites for preferred property owners to help fast track permit approvals for a karaoke bar in Queens.
Speaker 1: This feels like par for the course of a New York City mayor. Oh yeah, this is what I feel like, a New York City mayor who's not doing this, not doing their just small.
Speaker 2: There's another one where she was steering permits and stuff in order to get home renovations for herself. And then there's like so many other ones that involve free food. Like thousands of dollars in catering is like the other grift, okay, but the other side of this is like it's only thousands of dollars in catering every bribe I've ever heard. I'm not saying there's small amounts of money there.
Speaker 1: They are big buck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he is ten times smaller than I think they should be from Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah exactly, Like, yeah, what is happening in the world of like Wall Street and Finance, where they're just like moving casually moving, you know, like millions of dollars is like, yeah, it's only millions of dollars. You know how they are about it. Politicians are so broke, it's kind of that's kind of endearing.
Speaker 2: I mean that's why I think that's why corporations are like, well, you know what I can get for fifty grain?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I can get? I can get a guy fucking killed. Yeah. I mean literally, a corporation doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have a way to keep track of fifty grand like that when it comes to them.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it does out in the wash, Yeah, exactly. This next stor this next anecdote is like that to the most extreme that I've ever heard, so to the point that I was like, she's not this is not like a bride. Still the very end, I was like, this is not a bribe. This is like this person just like for some reason doesn't understand that this looks weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so then okay, so that's just that's just the That was the teaser.
Speaker 1: Here's the fucking entre.
Speaker 2: So Wednesday, Eric Adams had an event for the New for a New campaign office he was opening in Harlem, and one of his advisers, this woman Winnie Greco, who is like his conduit to like the Asian American community in New York, saw a local reporter that covers like city hall affairs in attendance. She texts that journalist and is.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, can you meet me like across the street.
Speaker 2: They go to the Whole Foods around the corner, and the reporter's like, all right, this is fucking weird, but like, yeah, I'm a journalist, so of course, like some some person who's been investigated by the FEDS before, it's like, hey, you want to meet up, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Fucking see what's up. So they get to the Whole Foods.
Speaker 2: They have a brief convo and this woman Greco handed the journalist, Katie Honan, a bag of like sour cream an onion hers chips, and she's like, oh, no, I'm good, I'm not hungry, no, thank you, but Greco kept insisting she take it, and she's like, nah, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: She's like just keep it, just take it and keep just take this open bag of potato chips.
Speaker 2: Just take it, I know you and maybe look in it later. So I'm going to let this article from the City, which is the outlet that Honan works for, just the way they written up. It's amazing, so quote. The two parted ways before entering a nearby subway station. Honan opened the bag and discovered a red envelope inside stuffed with cash at least one one hundred dollars bill in several twenties. The reporter then called Greco and told her she could not accept the money, and asked if she was still nearby so she could give it back. Greco said she'd left the area. Honan told her she had to take the money back, and Greco said they could meet at some point in Chinatown. The reporter then texted Greco, quote, I can't take this. When can I give it back to you? She did not get a response. In an interview later Wednesday, the City asked Greko what her intention was for the paper, yeah, what her intention was in hand money to the reporter. In response, she said she'd made a quote mistake and apologized, quote I make a mistake, she said. I'm so sorry. It's a culture thing. I don't know, I don't understand. I'm so sorry. I feel so bad, right now I'm so sorry, honey, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: She is the best way to apologize for political for getting caught for your fucking one hundred and forty dollars. Ye.
Speaker 2: She then called the city back, advising that we call her attorney, Stephen Brillan, adding can we.
Speaker 1: Forget about this?
Speaker 2: I tried to be a good person. Please please please don't do in the news nothing about me. I just wanted to be her friend. I just wanted to have one good friend. It's nothing.
Speaker 1: So that is where I'm fully on her side. She her denial, her style of denial has fully worked on me, and I'm like, this is just a sad person who has no concept of what's going on, just maybe has some sense, Like she's been working in the Eric Adams office and just seeing people handing bags of cash back and forth. So she's like, this is just how people interact.
Speaker 2: It just looked like everyone just passes the same eighty bucks back and forth.
Speaker 1: That's important. It's like, I don't know, it's like a.
Speaker 2: Hot potato of hot potato chips bag that I get people. So they called her learn this is what the lyrics is.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: I can see how this looks strange, but I assure you that Whinnie's intent was purely innocent. In the Chinese culture none it's often given to others in a gesture of friendship and gratitude. Winnie is apologetic and embarrassed by any negative impression or confusion. This may have cost. Come on, now, don't don't blame the culture Whinnie. Although look, she did put in a red envelope. So she did put in a red Is this a photo in the document from the article? That's from that, that's from the from the article.
Speaker 1: Red envelope inside a bag of Also, she ate a lot of the fucking chips. This is mostly god But I was on her until you find out that the FEDS rated two of her properties during an investigation into straw donations. So she's just as she also did that.
Speaker 2: There's another investigation into her where she pressured a quote campaign campaign volunteer to do personal tasks for her for any in exchange for getting a city job.
Speaker 1: Sick. Yeah, I I listen.
Speaker 2: I know we already talked about the state of the bribe economy, but seriously, this is so fucking little money. This is yeah, yeah, this is why way more embarrassing than anything, Yeah, because it's more the story that it's like, bro, one hundred and forty bucks in that bag of sh in this economy, the bag of chips. This is literally like like I would be like, okay, it's time to like talk about options for mom if she did right, right right, like this can this can buy you seven bags of chips? What am I going to do with this?
Speaker 1: What I'm gonna do? The bag of chips that they put it in is more valuable. I think it would be wrong.
Speaker 2: I would have not to not to pitch to all the corrupt officials out there. I think it would make more sense to just be like I forgot, I put my money in my chips.
Speaker 1: That's actually smart. Yeah, Like I gave her that one that wasp wander to try the sour cream and onion.
Speaker 2: This thing in the Chinese culture when you give a gift, it's in it. That was for my young nephew. I'm so sorry, I really want I haven't had this flavor of hers sour cream and onion chips. I remember in the office they allude to this flavor. Chinese stereotype just dropped, which I know, money on the chips. I love it.
Speaker 1: They're always putting money in the chips. If you noticed this about them, the uh. There's a New York Magazine article that's also just talking about how overall there were many attempts to get an anti Momdani thing going, and all those attempts appear to be working out to not much. He's way ahead of Cuomo in the polls. Obviously the polls were wrong on the first one, but they were wrong in a very specific direction that the Inster media tends to favor, and also Cuomo. The only advantage that Cuomo had besides his like magnetism was just complete star power magnetism and a literal human being energy is the just massive amounts of money that he was raising, and he is for the general election raising less than he raised for the primary, so behind where he was in an election that was his to loose and he lost it pretty convincingly. Now he's way behind in this election and has less money to work with, which people think is not good for him. I also just the New York magazine article attributes it to the like, and you know the I don't think that he's going to catch him because Zorin is very talented, which I feel like we're going to see more and more this idea that like, it's not the ideas, it's it's not the ideas, it's not the policies. It's one person who's just it's he's cute. Yeah, it's all the Democrats have a cute problem is all they they need to find go out and find people with embarrassing rap careers in their past. That's actually what the people are looking for, anything but the policies. I'm right here, I'm right here.
Speaker 2: I used to be in a rap group with Shilah buff Okay, that's terrifying. Truck keeps keeps making it. You know, he's he's he's.
Speaker 1: Just so hot.
Speaker 2: He's just so fucking hot, so hot. Right now, away from it, damn it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back. And so the big news story, you know, the president is using the military to occupy the nation's capital, like Lisa that we all forget that he is probably a serial pedophile. But the real big news story over the past couple days on social media has been the redesign of the cracker barrel logo, specifically the decision to as everybody at the same time, made noted on Twitter, they removed both the cracker and the barrel. The old the elderly white man and the barrel are gone and it's just the words cracker barrel in a font that is not very like I mean, it's the same coloring.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks like this, like the font for Continental Tires.
Speaker 1: And a reference I feel like, or one of the like coffee brands I feel like, has a similar Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is I've never been to a cracker barrel in my life. I guess, like, what are they? What's the food there? Like?
Speaker 1: Ship good? It's fine. I thought it was good. Yeah, it's like what's the what's the cuisine? So the things that I've gotten there are biscuits and gravy. I think the producer.
Speaker 2: Said, bacon is a vegetable there, and yeah, yes, that's thank you got everybody in the terms of it's like what if Denny's was dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like a little bit better than Danny's. So it has like a folksy like they have little things on the walls like they used to have like ship on the floor. Did they used to have ship on the floor? There? No, that Texas roadhouse could have had like peanuts on the floor and and they cleaned it up, and then there's like the fucking woke no because we go to the shoot on the floor. I think you know what I.
Speaker 2: Will say for that, I I obviously it's such a hack thing to be like where did all these peanut allergies come from? But I got to imagine if you actually, you know, if you had a peanut allergy, the place with broken peanut shells all over the ground is pretty rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's that's just a very good point. That's uh, that's far from like banning peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at lunch. It's like, yeah, just ambient peanut dust is kind of our main feature.
Speaker 2: What if it was aerosolized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just like for ambiance is air borning.
Speaker 2: We've aerosolized peanut allergies into the allergens into the air.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so everybody is responding like this is the bud light campaign that enraged transphobes, And I don't the thing Dan that they're like it's the erasure of white men.
Speaker 2: Is that is that the of the complaint basically because they got rid of herridage.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: I guess I had never looked at a cracker barrel logo as much as I have in the last ten minutes. But it is a very, very, very the original logo very busy. It has like a half tone, relatively detailed illustration of an old white man on a leaning sitting on a chair and leaning on a barrel, and then the like graphic part of the logo starts, so it's like kind of like.
Speaker 1: A bean shape. It's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's so much going on. It is wild that I don't even think this CB is centered in the fucking logo either. No, you know, there's a lot of design choices are which is fine, Like clearly this was meant to be like it.
Speaker 1: Was carved, but the like if you go inside a cracker barrel, everything is like that, Like that is the vibe of a cracker barrel. Like every just junk like it's it is both a restaurant and a junk drug.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, there's like a gift shop and everyone's a gift shop.
Speaker 1: That is just like like there's little like math games and stuff like that like that. Uh, I describe a different cornpone ass garbage cornpone ass garbage is right, Yeah, like that's the that is the energy of it. Like I I do think this is an objectively bad logo design for a company that this fun is Yeah exactly, and like how kind of old, like the whole thing feels like it is. It's a Disney attraction for Like. Also, it is.
Speaker 2: Very clear that the old logo utterly unusable on social media, like honestly unusable in anything other than like three hundred pixels wide. I just don't understand why they didn't just take the graphic part and just use it on presumably presumably this all happened because whoever runs their Twitter account was like the truth social account was like you can hardly see the logo, can't make out what? So just use a different one for social media? Yeah, Well, because everything, you know, everything is moving to ard not moving. It already has moved towards minimalism in terms of like logo design, and it's just getting everything is getting stripped down more and more and more and more. That's like I think this like slight Wave can represent the entire logo that used to be iconic, so like in this sense with the cracker barrel thing I'm like, I get everything wants everyone wants to be minimal. But then it's funny too because you see a resurgence of retro design stuff come back too, which it was way more maximal, and now it's all just fucking just just.
Speaker 1: Designs I've seen in the past, like handful of years are Pepsi, and we'll get into their logo redesigned from the early.
Speaker 2: There's so much written here about this I can't believe.
Speaker 1: But like Pepsi finally went back to having the thing fucking centered with the word Pepsi written between the like red and the blue swirls and Burger King like did a retro version of Burger King where they're like, remember when we were good? Right, this movement away to just like a font this is just like I don't know, what if what if Jaguar, like that car brand which used to have a fucking Jaguar Jaar used to have a sick fucking Jaguar about to like eat something just like pouncing, just like moved over to looking like I don't know, some brand of like Wellness fucking water or something like a Wells bo vitamins.
Speaker 2: The Jaguar logo design sounds like it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like the colors behind it should have like bubbles bubbling up.
Speaker 2: For I do very much wish that Cracker Barrel had also led. I'm assuming it was the like son of the owner of Cracker Barrel, the CEO Cracker Barrel, who pitched this like gen zification of it, or like, I wish they'd fully committed to doing one futurist Cracker Barrel location, just like like completely stark beige walls and just like trops of whatever. I don't know, Like some logans run like type shit, that's what I want, So I went, I want, so I went, So I went.
Speaker 1: Cracker Barrel.
Speaker 2: It's Julie Messino is getting all the heat now, the CEO and president of Cracker Barrel.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Why can't they go back to the time when their founder had a public policy of not hiring gay employees. Yeah, yeah, well those are the good old days. My request, I'd love for companies to keep doing this, because you know, anything that moves people in the direction of being like, oh, corporations are like dumb in bed and don't know what they're doing is great. I just would love for them to make all the paper, like all the decks publicly available, because how'd you get show your work? Please? I want to hear the bullshit like that leaks leak the deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before the Epstein files release the Cracker Barrel logo, redesigned.
Speaker 1: Decks, the Jaguar, the Cracker Barrel. The Pepsi one is like one of the great moments of like just realizing how fucking stupid and broken, like everything is just the everybody will link off to the article. I've linked off to it probably one hundred times in this podcast. They paid several hundred million dollars to change their logo from like the iconic one that you probably picture in your mind when you think of Pepsi to the one where it was like off center and like no, people are like, oh, it kind of looks like the Obama logo but not really so wild and like the the deck is so just like such amazing bullshit, like they have in one part they have like magnetic dynamic dynamics and like they have a picture of like the globe they like.
Speaker 2: The magnetic field of the actual earth jack And I think you should pay attention to the undulation of those waves because I feel like there's a there's a there's room for Pepsi there, I'm sure is what this asshole is said in a meeting.
Speaker 1: So C is magnetic dynamics. Magnetic fields are impacted by radiation and wind motion, and then see the Pepsi globe dynamic. This emotive forces shape the gestalt of the brand identity. Uh yeah, obviously, I will say.
Speaker 2: Major, every major logo redesign is basically just wealth redistribution to people who do.
Speaker 1: Work to design, people who do LSD work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what, I'm not mad at that, although now it's a chat GPT, Yeah exactly. I mean this that these people should continue to have enough money to do a bunch of drugs at Burning Man.
Speaker 1: But as we know, continued investment provided Pepsi with a clear resource for reinvention. As the deck was quoted, they've got this one that is the old logo, and it's got two lines through it. One is like a you know, like the ray from geometry, where it's like a line pointing in one direction going one is moving from convention to innovation along a horizontal access axis. And then the other one that is like shooting upwards and giving off the new PEPSI logo is going from DNA to future. Of course, the two ends of that axis.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's the okay, what's the opposite of DNA future future?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Thank you? And that's where you know what.
Speaker 2: I will also say, though, it's that like, like this is just like the clearest example of why when when like people like business leaders deride the humanities. Hey, bro, if you were better versed in design and aesthetics and what art history, you wouldn't be able to be hoodwinked by this, right, Your ignorance is what allows you allows this industry to thrive. It's not that this stuff is bullshit. I mean, in this case, it's bullshit. If you just had some basic fluency and didn't require a consultant to tell you about aesthetics, you would not be susceptible to this type of more or less fraud. It's fucking unbelievable. I mean, like, yeah, right, Charlatan comes in and writes these fucking buzzwords down, like fucking euclidia geometry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh fuck, dude, that's so sick.
Speaker 2: And the asshole who did the pictures, like, bro, I did this shit in fucking twenty minutes, I yelled at my assistant, I was doing COVID.
Speaker 1: We improvising it now anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so uh, that's what we're saying here, and we're definitely moving into a more sort of cartesian I guess, if you will, phil philosophical design language, and I think that would really just it would align well with the brand identity as we move from DNA on one end of the spectrum, break the paradigm and move into sure my future part with three with five thousand years worth of history.
Speaker 1: So it starts three thousand BC with like design concepts from back then, but like not really, I don't know. It just seems like a random assortment of shit. To six hundred BC. There's like the renaissances on there. Feng Shui is on there, two seventy eight BC, feng Shue up through eighteen fifty eight, MOBI a strip nineteen forty eight. I can't read that. Two thousand the modular, the modular, two thousand and nine PEPSI, and then a question mark to be like, and how will PEPSI yours?
Speaker 2: Obviously, because the Vitruvian Renaissance is on the same scale of as a fucking pepsi logo. You know what you joke around, if you could, if you could caliport a cannopepsi back to fucking what was that fucking he would lose his mind. You could literally murder a man with a Canopepsi and not.
Speaker 1: Just the can. Yeah, that would be wild.
Speaker 2: I love a movie like that where a guys the challenges. You have one little canapepsi, But you gotta you got to use that to blow enough minds to become like a god. Like you'd have to be like, yo, you only got like fucking ten You got like ten SIPs on this thing.
Speaker 1: That just the gods might be crazy.
Speaker 2: That racism, well yeah, but that one was the bottle came down and no one really came to be like and I am your lord God. I'm talking about some dude pulling up with it and being like, hey, bro, you need to taste this ship.
Speaker 1: Behold more.
Speaker 2: It's tickling my mouth, sir, exactly, exactly, take me to your king.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marty mcfla could have done a lot more damage.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a user, bro. He fucking fumbled that ship.
Speaker 5: So we're living in the biff timeline. We're living in the Biff timeline. Bro A, Yeah, that's not incorrect. Back in the future two. He it's that he's styled.
Speaker 2: After Trump and right in future too, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like a casino magnate. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was just I was just I was just in character as Blue Sky Guy. Oh, thank you, our favorite favorite Andrew t character, Blue Sky Guy. We're in the We're in the Biff timeline to the Biff timeline. And it's not a joke.
Speaker 1: Drum all right, Oh god.
Speaker 2: We're in the Biff timeline and we don't even have hoverboards? Are we getting too close to home?
Speaker 1: Let us know, Let me know in the discord.
Speaker 2: Let me you can find me an Andrew Ty that fucking with your format once more.
Speaker 1: I'm now when it cuts time.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying you just pulled the plug on the episode, because that's fine. We're done.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Is there were mediahere? WHOA, he's farting.
Speaker 2: He's peeing everywhere right now? What if? I I mean, yeah, the work of media is again. I can't stress this enough. A double feature back to back of Naked Gun and weapons to back because the similar weapons first. Naked Gun first, I don't think it matters that much because the similarity will be a parent no matter what. I guess what I would I would say weapons first, then naked gun okay yeah, naked gun chaser okay yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: There you go. Miles, Where can people find you as their working media You've been enjoying everywhere at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 2: Also find me talking about fucking ninety day fiance on four to twenty day fiance. A couple fucking works of the media I like first. One is from at kim Kelly dot pscott at social put things are better when the computer lived in its own specific room and you only went in there sometimes. And at scribbly Moth dot by Scotta social posted classic rock music is Classic rock is rock music from the sixties and seventies, not the eighties and nineties. Thank you for coming to my ted talk because I also noticed that creep now like when they're like sick oldies, I'm like, you piece are shit. I was fucking twelve when this came out and getting so hostile. But that's time for you.
Speaker 1: workI Media avintage, it will send it, tweeted MLB announcer. When the worst guy on the team finally does something good. Ah, he's always doing shit like that and he's one of our best guys. And then I liked something from PUDs at having a Laugh tweeted trying to trauma dump on Guillermo dob Toro, but he keeps saying shit like that's what the townspeople did to the Wolfman every thirty second. You can find me on Twitter at jack underscorel Brian me on Blue Sky at jack Obi the Number One. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist. On Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and underneath the show description you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song I think that people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is just a little dance music for your Friday. It's by the producer Dan d a and and and it's called talk to Me uh and it's it's just it's dope. It's got some familiar samples in it, but just a little modern dancing music because your shoulders popping for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Weekend, I prefer the weekend out. That's a song I'm gonna be listening to. Mm hm song by Darth Brooks and Satan. The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio ap Apple Podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this week. Another one in the book, another one flawless victory. We might have a bonus episode from the US Open this weekend. Josey and I are gonna do a thing from the US Open, so that might drop over the weekend. Yeah, are you gonna win it? A couple of Yeah, we might do a thing called the Mixed Doubles. Fucking I think I am gonna like dress like a tennis or to the thing and be like, oh, oh shit, sorry with a racket. I completely misunderstood what this was.
Speaker 2: That's not worse than it's not materially different than like fucking you know, calling out to the baseball game in your in your favorite players jersey, or like dressing like a huge douchebag at the golf tournament.
Speaker 1: My good friend. Uh, Chris will always wear the same like red Sox jersey to class, like to this one class, and someone pointed out and so like, he slowly started adding more uniform items and then on the last day he wore the like pants with with the shoes and a glove. Yeah, and it was It was.
Speaker 2: Very fucking classic, bro classic Chris, Chris, Chris.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk to y'all on Monday. Have a good weekend. Bye bye. The Daily Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bay Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J. M mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Conner
Speaker 3: H.