Speaker 1: I Am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you.
Speaker 3: I Am All in Town meeting with Suzanne French and Tara suit An iHeartRadio podcast. Hey guys, welcome back to another episode of I'm All in Town Meeting with myself, Tara and Suzanne.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, Today we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about season three, episode six, Take the Deviled Eggs, which aired on November fifth, two thousand and two, and it is still fall and stars hollow. It is, yeah, in the Scarecrows, the fall leaves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're still a couple of weeks away from the Thanksgiving episode. So this season in particular, there was it was a lot of fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not as much twinter, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think so, because they took that big hiatus in the middle and came back in January.
Speaker 1: So yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Last week we talked about how you thought the theme song was different on like Netflix or Hulu or whatever.
Speaker 4: Somebody commented that on Instagram. I didn't see a different.
Speaker 3: So I usually watch on Netflix, and I decided to watch this episode on Hulu just to like, I don't know, just like check it out. Yeah, sounds exactly exactly the same, but on Hulu. I don't know, if you know, this, but there are they separate Gilmore Girls holiday episodes.
Speaker 4: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, like I literally after I watched this episode yesterday, I was packing because I'm going on a trip, and I just like let it roll, and it played like the first Thanksgiving episode and then like skipped to like another season, so like you can just like.
Speaker 4: Let it it's kind of cool. Yeah, it was like your own mini marathon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it wasn't even like sitting and watching. I kind of just like let it play while I was packing. But yeah, I didn't know if you that, So.
Speaker 4: I did not know that. But I'm going to have to leverage that, I think, because that's a really good idea.
Speaker 1: I know, that's very clever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, let's jump into the episode, which I thought was good. I mean, it wasn't like again, I feel like it was a little bit of a filler, like how we said last week, But like we had said, we're rolling into these big episodes, so it's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was a solid episode, Like it wasn't, you know, like a groundbreaking episode, but there were some hilarious moments and last week I mentioned that this episode has one of my favorite scenes.
Speaker 1: Like the burp like a skirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they're throwing the eggs at the car, the whole the whole scene makes me laugh. But when they throw the eggs at the car and then they're trying to like squeal the tires as they drive away, and then she like can't, I can't do it, so they have to like make the sound themselves, which I it just makes me laugh every time.
Speaker 3: Which, speaking of the car getting egged, they had like five deviled eggs and then suddenly the next morning, j this car was like plastered in eggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the splotches were in different places than when we saw whield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, like how bad does that stain your paint?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Deviled eggs I don't know. I know raw eggs are really bad, but once they've been cooked, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe better to be honest, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It might yeah, it might be less.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to try it.
Speaker 3: Well, especially when it like sorry, when the yolk is like sitting in the sun on your car, that must make it take off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's that's a problem. But yeah, when Luke said, that is Paprika.
Speaker 1: That was a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was no clown pillow. I was waiting for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I looked for it too. We I think we really only had that one scene in the living room when Rory gets the shower invite, but we couldn't see.
Speaker 3: It away the camera panned. I was like, Oh, there's the pillow reveal, and then it wasn't there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was probably like on the other other side of the window.
Speaker 1: Or it was probably in the room, maybe all the couch or something here. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But one thing I thought was funny was the opening scene where they have all those catalogs and she says she's gonna call to get them to stop. I'm like that was such. That was such a nineties scene, like getting catalogs in the mail and then calling them to tell them you don't want them anymore. Like that just that doesn't even exist anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was This episode aired in two thousand and two, so they filmed it in two thousand and two. So yeah, I guess probably it was like the tail end.
Speaker 4: I just remember getting especially at Christmas, like right after the Monday after Thanksgiving, there would suddenly be like fifty Christmas catalogs in your mailbox, and that doesn't really happen, Like nobody gets catalogs. I mean they still exist, we still get some, but yeah, it just isn't like it was back in the you know, the nineties eies.
Speaker 3: I do you remember being a kid, there were those like you would circle them, like you would circle what you want like for Christmas, like in those catalogs. And then I weirdly, I don't know why this made me think of it, But I don't know if your kids ever did it, but maybe I don't. I don't know, but you would have like these like I can't remember what it's called, but like, oh, magazine drives, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Did you ever use magazine drives? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I don't know why that this scene reminded me of magazine drives.
Speaker 4: That's true. I had from my we had when I was a kid. We had newspaper drives, which you know, same thing, Like it doesn't even that's not even really a thing anymore. Like nobody gets no male in the same volume that they did back now.
Speaker 3: No, because I remember with magazine drives, like my program parents, they always like ordered like seven subscriptions just to like because if like I got like a pizza party, if I sold a steam or like I got like a toy, you know, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sell twenty five magazine subscriptions and you get this little plastic crap.
Speaker 3: I think that we we had like five different subscriptions. I think my grandparents had like five or six. And then I would just beg my like aunts and uncles, and it was like everyone was getting like us weekly or like people like you know, yeah, so funny.
Speaker 4: And I remember that like those the weekly ones were always harder to get people to buy because they were so much more expensive than a monthly subscription. I remember that because yeah, yeah, people would be like seventy bucks or something like that, and you know everything else was like twelve dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, premium, premium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just was. It was just kind of nostalgic. And then like having to call companies and say take me off your mailing list, Like nobody does that anymore because.
Speaker 3: It's now we just get annoying like calls and you try to block the number and they call you from what everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or they send you an email and you just unsubscribe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, unsubscribing does not always work.
Speaker 4: That's true, because it tells them that your address is active.
Speaker 3: Well, I also just sorry we're going away off topic, but just emails in general, like you know, come like around like Black Friday, Like you wake up on Black Friday and you have ten thousand emails. There was I think it was last Black Friday, of the Black Friday before. I had a lot of time on my hands because I was home all day. I sat there and hit unsubscribed on probably like seventy emails. I still get emails from half those companies. Yeah, so it doesn't work, and then random ones will pop up anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Sherry.
Speaker 4: What do we think about Sherry?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: She bugs me.
Speaker 4: I have mixed feelings about Sherry. First of all, I get anxiety watching other people be anxious, So I fell back the Lorelai. In this entire episode, I was stressful to watch. But at the same time, I feel like I feel like Cherry. Well, I don't think Christopher told her everything. So I don't think Sherry was like trying to maliciously be mean to Laura. I I don't think, you know, she was trying to rub it in her face or anything. That she had Christopher and Laura I didn't because.
Speaker 1: But she can't read the room.
Speaker 4: Happen, right, I mean it was awkward to invite her in the first place, for sure.
Speaker 3: I think it was just in general, like I to invite Laurai or Rory Laura.
Speaker 4: I like the whole scene with the car and oh come in, like that was weird.
Speaker 1: See, I think that inviting Rory.
Speaker 3: My personal opinion is I think inviting Rory was weird because I think the sentiment was there and like she had a great idea of like, oh, this is going to be your stepsister, but like I don't think she thought through that, like, well, Rory is going to be sitting here by herself with a bunch of my friends who she doesn't know. Yeah, and I think it was weird to invite I think the invite should have come from Christopher mmmersonally, But.
Speaker 1: I mean there's no right or wrong. It's just weird in general.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't know. I just remember like my baby showers I had, well because I had two babies, and then I mean my husband wasn't involved in any of it. So I guess that didn't seem that weird to me, but no.
Speaker 3: But you also, I think it's a little bit different in the sense of this was not planned.
Speaker 1: They're not married. Yeah he had another kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also have I also have a lot of friends who have baby showers recently, well just babies in general. But I want a bunch of baby showers. And even like my cousin had a baby shower. My cousin did joint like male and female because they just wanted the whole family. But I also have a lot of friends who like the men came on in the second half, oh yeah, and so like I would wonder if, like, shit, this is so overthinking it, but like if Rory came with like Christopher at the end just to like say hello, yeah that yeah, but again, they don't really have well I guess they had a relationship.
Speaker 1: They're kind of talking. So it's weird. It's all weird.
Speaker 4: It is weird. And the whole thing with Sherry thanking Laura, I that was that was weird and awkward. And when she said something about oh, Christopher's the baby person, like where would she get that idea from? I don't know that that whole thing I can't imagine Christopher being a quote unquote baby person.
Speaker 3: No, and also like, oh, thanks, whatever he said to you, whatever you said to him, He's a changed man.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So clearly she doesn't know what all went on between Christopher and Laura I, because he either didn't tell her anything or he told her a lie, and somehow she's under the impression that Laura I told Christopher to go back to Sherry and that isn't what happened. So yeah, so I think I don't know it was. It was a little cringey and awkward, but at the same time, like I don't entirely fault Sherry because she's not operating with the full set of information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're right. You gotta give her the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 4: And then her crazy friends like I, I don't know, we this is the This was the timeframe where I was going to baby showers and with my friends and none of us were getting plastered in the middle of the day at a baby shower.
Speaker 1: That was so that was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also like it was such a small baby shower. There was even more awkward for or like thank god Lorla I was there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess because none of them had kids of their own and so they to them, it was just a party. I don't know, but yeah, So again, it was a good episode. It it kind of didn't connect on either end to the episodes before or after it, but it.
Speaker 2: Was but it was fine.
Speaker 4: It was it was a good It was a good way to spend an hour. The town loner, So I think this, I think this is common knowledge. The townloader was Dan Palladino.
Speaker 1: Oh he didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was that was him.
Speaker 1: With his He was yelling nonsense with.
Speaker 4: His gibberish banner and.
Speaker 3: I actually like rewound it because I was like, is he actually saying something and he wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was like pure gibberish.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh when I did, I did want to shout out. There was some discussion on our Instagram post from our last episode about the Butcher Danes track picture because I had mentioned that that was actually Scott's face and there were people that didn't think it looked like Scott. So I actually texted him last night.
Speaker 1: You're like, let me go to the source.
Speaker 4: I said, let me get the details, and he confirmed it and then he confirmed it on that Instagram post too. It was his face. It was not like it was just his face. It wasn't like the rest of his head or the body or anything like that.
Speaker 1: But it's so funny. You tell him, Suzanne, you get the fact street.
Speaker 4: Well, because I don't, you know, I don't want to like put it out there if it wasn't right. And I'm pretty sure it was corrected, so I had to. I had to it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you guys, don't don't second guess Suzanne. She will and by the way, forever wrong, we'll tell you were wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I I some if I am wrong, then I hope somebody will tell me better.
Speaker 3: And I was totally wrong that the in style was Lauren. It was clearly Deborah Messing, as everyone stated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a good call out. Thought I had forgotten about Deborah Messing.
Speaker 1: But oh man, did we have anything else?
Speaker 4: Let me check my magical list because I'm at that age where I have to write everything down.
Speaker 3: By the way, the second that Jess said he got a car, I was like, oh my god, Sere he says he works at Walmart, Like I just knew. Oh yeah, I knew it was coming, except I couldn't remember if Like we see him in the uniform in this episode or not. I'm pretty sure that's like the coming episodes, because then we're going to find out that he's not going to school.
Speaker 4: Right right, there's there's the episode where he gets the Employee of the Month.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I blurred the lines a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I literally was like, oh my god, it's the Employee of the Month episode. But I was like, no, no, it's not. But I like that though.
Speaker 4: I liked the the Jess Luke scenes in this episode. That was.
Speaker 3: Didn't he call him uncle Luke in this episode?
Speaker 4: Oh? Maybe I didn't pay attention.
Speaker 3: It was I'm pretty sure he called him uncle Luke when he was leaving.
Speaker 4: When he took the money out of cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And I was like, is that the first time he said that? I could be wrong, but it caught my eye. Yeah, caught my attention.
Speaker 4: So yeah, good episode overall.
Speaker 1: It was a fun one.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, the next episode, we're gonna be watching his season three episode seven, They shoot Gilmore's, don't they, which is the dance marathon episode.
Speaker 4: I love this episode so so much, so I'm looking forward. I'm going to watch it like three four times.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I'm gonna watch it tonight and then before we do our next recap.
Speaker 4: I'm going to watch it like every other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love this episode.
Speaker 4: All right, Thanks everyone, Meeting adjourn
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In Podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com