Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I'll go by the name of Charlamagne Tha God. And guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions, Mandy B and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money Podcast with taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All.
Speaker 1: Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got.
Speaker 2: Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival. Ye say, I don't want to ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Real good, Let's just keep a real straight shot with no chase. So I'm gonna get a little bit rough.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Those who really believe in the American process, all of us Street Shot, No Chase, What's your Girl? Tesselion figure Out?
Speaker 1: On the Black Effect Podcast.
Speaker 3: Network network is your girl? Tenslin figure out? Checking in quickly. I wanted to do some commentary on Senator Bernie Sanders town hall that he just did on CNN and wanted to give some feedback. Thank you those who are joining me on the Black Effect Podcast Network on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your support.
Speaker 3: Make sure you subscribe not just to the podcast, but also subscribe to the straight Shot No Chaser YouTube channel as well.
Speaker 1: Want to make sure that.
Speaker 3: We're hitting you with the visual as well as the audio. This won't be long because I don't have much to say. Guys, just want to be honest with you. I as you know, I'm pretty hard on Bernard Sanders. I'm hard on him because actually working on his campaign in twenty fifteen as the National Racial Justice Director, I had an inside view and you know, knew what went on in the campaign, what could have been better, and a lot of things were done right. So my opinion, I just want to lay it out there. It is somewhat biased based upon my view and what I saw, I can't act like I don't know what I know.
Speaker 1: But moving past that.
Speaker 3: I will give credit where it is due because I want to make sure that I'm being objective and not being completely biased. And I will say that at least Bernie Sanders is saying something. At least he's saying something, and you know, it's kind of like, you know, the bar is so low with the leadership unfortunately, that just saying something comes home is something. It's kind of like when they say, you know, should you be happy in your marriage at home? Should you expect much? Well, no, just be glad he came home. You know, the standard is just I guess, come home. You know, no, no, no happiness, no expectations, no uh, you know, anything outside of just showing up and existing. And that's kind of you know how I would classify this because you don't have a lot of Democrats who are speaking up, with the exception of Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 1: I know now she's getting trending a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of folks are big fans of hers, But outside of that, you don't really see anybody.
Speaker 1: Saying anything at all.
Speaker 3: I know that Bernie Sanders and AOC have they have been on a tour, so they have been certainly you know, having conversation and having tours and rallies, which I support, meaning, you know, make sure you're getting out with the people, which is one reason why I did a town hall two weeks ago or last week.
Speaker 1: It seems like.
Speaker 3: Everything's going so fast in Atlanta, So I agree with that. So at least he's doing that. At least he did the town hall. But I'm just gonna be honest, it just was uninspiring. It wasn't And I'm just saying this from a movement standpoint, watching how he was really able to shift, you know, organizers and people getting excited and you know, people want to be a part of the process. I saw that in twenty fifteen, and that's not what they gave tonight.
Speaker 1: That's just not what they gave tonight. Uh.
Speaker 3: And maybe people are tired, guys. Maybe people are tired. They've had enough. They don't feel inspired anymore. You know, maybe they're like.
Speaker 1: Whatever, Bernie Sanders, you keep talking about the same thing over and over. You didn't you know.
Speaker 3: You didn't win the first time, the second time you didn't win. They felt like he you know, bowed down to Joe Biden, it just kind of gave up and became.
Speaker 1: What they did not want him to be.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if it's more that well, I think it's a little bit of all of it, guys, to be honest with you, it's a little bit of that. It's a little bit of where we are right now. People feeling defeated, that's across the board. I got an award on last week and the room was, you know, filled with elders. And although I was very appreciative, appreciative of the award and grateful, people really really did feel like, you know, that you like you were tugging to to get people to be engaged and involved. So I think people are tired and they feel defeated, and that's just kind of what that felt. No real momentum, you know, And it wasn't a rally, So I'm not gonna say did I expect the same energy as a rally, but it just certainly to me, wasn't a call for anybody to do anything except you need to get involved, you know, and be a part of the process.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what does that really mean?
Speaker 3: You know, what what do you what does that really mean? To people, how does all they play out? And I'm not saying this as just somebody criticizing. I'm trying to myself to make sure that I am giving as much feedback as possible on what we need to do right now this moment. For those who've been following me, I've been pushing out three tips, save, stack and secure, and I've been putting out tips under each one of those and what you can do in this moment realistic. I know everybody on the internet's saying buy the dip and get stocks and all of this, but regular, everyday, average working folks, thirty I think it's thirty three percent of Americans don't have enough for a four hundred dollars emergency. So to be talking everybody about buy the dip and get the stock and well, what money? What are y'all talking about? So I've been trying to give some realistic terms on how to survive and what's about to happen. I know everybody's saying it's not a big deal, don't worry about it on panic, but I'm real big and preparing if it doesn't. If everything goes well, fined, we don't have a problem. But it's something that if something does happen and the prices go up to a point where you can't afford it, I hope you do implore some of those tips that I've been giving you guys. Second thing I'm doing it's like I've always done pushed the line training. I've normally done that in person. Now I'm doing that online because right now we just need it more than ever and I can't take ninety days to go market and go to a town and you know, make sure that the room is you know, people got enough people in the room and and feed folks, and you know, make sure that all of the costs that go into putting on the training is very expensive. And now it really is a sense of urgency of something that we need right now.
Speaker 1: So it does start online.
Speaker 3: June fourteenth would be the first class you can set up. I'm very excited about it. Make sure you ad to tilimfigure dot com. You should see that website up. I'm just waiting on them to get it together. Teslim figure dot com is up now, but the training website will be up tomorrow and I'm very very excited about that at the very latest Saturday morning. Just waiting on Gold daddy to you know, take twenty four to forty eight hours for them to get everything back up. But the course is available. You can sign up. It's fifty dollars. It's two hours interactive with me. So it's certainly not one hundred, two hundred dollars three hundred dollar course. It's five courses. You can take one and be done with it. Take all five at your you know whatever works. It is interactive. It is you know, with me in the classroom and we're going through everything you need to know to either if you want to run for office, if you want to work on a campaign, or if you want to be an activist or an organizer. Each each class addresses the tools that you need for all three, so you will get everything you need for all three and you get two hours at least. I'm sure I'll probably go over on some of those, but two hours at least, plus content materials, all the things you need in the training software to make sure you.
Speaker 1: Have all the stuff you need for the course.
Speaker 3: So I'm very excited for that, and by June fourteenth, you'll be I think I have three or four pieces in there now for the course, but I'm gonna continue to keep building on that as well, so you're gonna get plenty of information. And I'm very, very very excited. I have a master's and adult education. I say that, guys, not from bragging standpoint, but to let you know I really do know how to put together the courses in curriculum.
Speaker 1: But I'm not just winging it and just make it up as I go.
Speaker 3: So I hope to see you guys in that course, and so I guess that's what I'm looking forward for them to do, to provide more resources. But you know, hey, if they're not gonna do it, that's a push. Lina is all about. One of the first modules we have is it's not about we, It's about me. Meaning I'm not gonna sit up and wait on democrats to do it, wait on republic do it, wait on activists to do it. I'm gonna do it myself. I know I can't touch everybody, but you know we can get more than a few in that can make a difference. So that's what I'm gonna do. I hope you guys get involved. If you don't want to take the course, stay stay connected with the podcast, make sure you download that. Also doing a live show every Sunday at seven pm Eastern on YouTube that you can come in, raise your hand, ask questions. I'll bring you up on the stage and we'll have a live show as well. So I'm trying to figure out every single way to get to you, to tap into you, to allow you to have space and time and questions and do all I can do. I hope you guys appreciate it because it is not easy and it does take a lot of work. With that said, I just wanted to do this quick update on Bernie Sanders, which is basically nothing. I did appreciate him asking the question that the lay he asked about race, and he did say it was important that we keep, you know, race in the history books. That's one of my challenges I always have with Bernie Sanders. It's an issue that he likes to avoid. But the question was asked to him and I think he answered it appropriately, so I'll give him credit for that. But other than that, guys, he talked about the tariffs and how's isolating the world, And you know, that's pretty much the conversation that's.
Speaker 1: Happening right now.
Speaker 3: One minute the tariffs own the next minute at their palls the next minute is own, the next minute is pauw. I mean, it's just absolute chaos. We don't know what the hell is going on. So we'll just keep riding this out together, guys. And as we ride it out, guys, please take heed to the things I'm telling you. One, save your money, reduce means, you know, try to look at Okay, if it's this extra five dollars that I'm spending on this app or something like that or whatever, you know, can you give that to a nonprofit? Which is the third thing on Secure?
Speaker 1: So say.
Speaker 3: Stack, I changed Shack to Stack because y'all was getting so caught up on the word shack. But Stack is still getting a roommate. If need be combining you know, households of family, friends, boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever, if you don't believe in they get married, whatever, just combining wherever.
Speaker 1: You can also merging your business.
Speaker 3: Looking at that, how can you if you if you have a business, is more than likely probably a small business, and you need to figure out how can you merge that with somebody else? For example, me and my publicist. She runs a publicist. I don't get a lot of I don't get a lot of pr customers like I used to. But maybe you know I can provide media relations while she provides a press release. You know, maybe I can do a strategic uh uh, you know plan, write a strategic plan while she provides something else and opted whatever it is. But trying to combine your resources to pitch in to pay for advertising marketing. Those are good ways so that you're not spending all of the marketing money on yourself. And I hope you guys are finding this helpful. Third thing is secure. Yes, I do talk about securing the gun license. I believe in that if you're in a state that you can carry. I absolutely believe in two A. I'm sorry guys, because when crime goes up, problems go up. So I believe in and being secure with that. I also add on to secure, meaning you need to secure your nonprofits, your organizations. You care about your activists, your organizers, anybody's doing some community that include podcasts as well, you know, tapping in, make sure you follow, make sure you subscribe, let it play in the background. All the things that we need in order to keep you know, what we're doing going. You know, while you're working on your job and we out here fighting to keep everybody's job. Support us as well. You know it is greatly appreciated and not even appreciated. Is needed, and your nonprofits are definitely gonna need it because they have lost a lot of funding. They no longer get the funding that they used to get, so they really really needed guys. So that extra five dollars or extra ten dollars that you may you know, spend on Starbucks or something like that, if you can shoot that over, you know, to somebody, please do you know, take advantage of that.
Speaker 1: Also, the time I used to say strap mean a strap.
Speaker 3: Up meaning condoms and you know, not having children, and I mean that, I still mean that. You know, this may not be the time an average kid, you know, forty fifty thousand dollars a year, and of course obviously want to you're up on time clock and you want to go and get your family started. I get that, But what I'm asking you is to really consider, you know, not no no accident accidental babies.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're planning and you're.
Speaker 3: Saying this is what you want to do, and you and your husband or however your situation is, have decided to have children, and that's something you know, you've made your mind up and you're gonna afford that.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: What I'm talking about is, though of you that be depending on playing b's you're plan A, and B and C should be your birth control so that you don't have to go through that because again, whether you are pro choice or not having access to those clinics and things like that, even for birth control are being reduced. So you guys need to make sure that you're taking care of that. And women, have the conversation with your daughters, you know, not talking to them about it and just assuming they know and oh, I don't want to talk about it because it's uncomfortable that ain't it. Have the conversation because I definitely have the conversation with mine. I definitely have the conversation of mine. As much as we want them to stay little girls for the rest of their life, they don't. You didn't stay a little girl for the rest of your life and they not either. So I got a daughter going to college and yes, we be talking. So those are the things that I'm telling you guys to do that can at least help you feel good about, you know, some control when everything's out of control.
Speaker 1: If you are a protest person.
Speaker 3: If you believe in the boycott, absolutely follow the Target Fast mission. They have absolutely been making headway with that. Foot traffic is down.
Speaker 1: You're gonna hear people in.
Speaker 3: The common and say, oh, it was always down. The old people don't go in at no more, they go on lie. You're gonna hear every reason to try to discourage you. But the bottom line is, shout out to the organizers that started that. That's keeping that going. It is actually working. You're actually seeing where the economic dollar is making an impact.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's if Target is actually gonna change or not, but it is certainly, you know, making a difference.
Speaker 1: It is certainly making a difference.
Speaker 3: So I will open up the floor in case anybody has any questions for me, just because I just like to do that.
Speaker 1: Now that we do have a live.
Speaker 3: Show capacity, I will drop it down in the chat if you want to join, certainly can turn your camera off, but if you want to join and ask a quick question, that's the whole point of.
Speaker 1: Having this live.
Speaker 3: And guys, another thing I want to talk about before I get out of here, and I would love to have your feedback on that. So we can kind of get some engagement and see, you know what your thoughts are. I posted a clip I interviewed BT and Ferrari from Ball Alert and you know, I had a really good time with them.
Speaker 1: And one of the things we talked about was sugar Mamas.
Speaker 3: It came into sugar, but we were actually talking about relationships, talking about several different things. And you know how my commentary can go. We start on one issue and then it turns into something else. But we were talking about, you know, men not wanting to date, same old conversation. I wanted to date older women and wanted to have younger women so they could you know, teach them something because we were going by what trick Daddy is said on the Ball of Alert show, and you know, and I just started talking about how wanting women to stop being offended, you know by the negative things that we hear on social media all day, every day, getting old, they're gonna hit.
Speaker 1: The wall, they're gonna die long. You know, don't this.
Speaker 3: That so many negative things you know that we hear about black women. And again this is only on social media, it's not in real life. It's not the people hopefully you have in your life. They're constantly pushing these negative stereotypes. But it is a real thing because we spend a lot of time on social media. We're scrolling a lot.
Speaker 1: So it is.
Speaker 3: I would be lying if I say that those things don't get into the psyche as we're you know, reading it constantly over and over and over, because as you know, the more the algorithms, uh, you know, the more you click on that stuff, the more stuff, you know, comes to your feet. And so I just you know, talked about, hey, you know what, women got options too, especially if y'all going down to women with the money and down the women with the bag, we got some options too, And you know, we start talking about the sugar mama thing. And then I saw it as an opportunity to change the narrative on what a sugar mama is, to give people some positive insight on the fact that black women have been because he said that the sugar mama is a cougar and older woman spinning month Like, no, not necessarily, you can be a sugar mam and be young.
Speaker 1: I know that's the traditional.
Speaker 3: Definition, but I wanted to take a moment to switch it and to give people a different outlook and so I talked about how black women are the sugar mamas of our community, like we are the ones that hold it down. We're the ones that got it when you don't. We're the ones you know, that have stepped in the gap. And this was not a gender divide, and I'm so glad people picked it up the right way because a lot of times guys, when we clip stuff out, they don't get it. It goes over their head. I think it was a couple of people in the comments like black men still make more and this, and I'm like, that's not what this is about. This is paying homage to the black women who have been the sugar mamas of our community. Meaning stepped in, is that Auntie stepped in, is that mother stepped in? Is their wife stepped in as their friend, stepped in as their girlfriend, and done all the things to share our resources because there is because bottom line, sugar mama shares her resource, her money or whatever it is, she got it, if she has it, she'll give it to you. And that's really, ultimately what a sugar mama is. And I don't think you getting no sweeter than being with a black woman. And the stats and the data shows that when you don't have at all, we step in and there's a lot that you have. This is not saying that men don't have, as y'all love saying, well, men make more than women. You're supposed to. It's called the patriarchy. You're absolutely supposed to. I don't know why y'all love comparing y'all self to women. Men, brothers. Compare yourself to men. Compare yourself to what the Chinese man make, the spanning man mat, the White man make. That's where you're that's supposed to be the benchmark for you, not women, not women. Black women are comparing themselves to other black women, and the stats show that black women that have college degrees make more money than black women that don't. There's always this conversation. People jump in, Are you saying trade don't make money? We make more money trade? What are you saying? Do you look beneath us and do you da da da dah. I'm like, no, that's not what I'm saying. I know plenty of skills that make more. We got that, but also you need to also look at those labor skills. At some point, your back may give us, some point, your needs may give up at some point you may. So it's called balance. Having a woman that work at the computer is not a bad thing. So let's stop looking for ways to try to stop projecting on each other and trying to hurt each other and hurt each other's feelings. And I'm better than you and this and that. Just so y'all know, I married a mechanic, and my grandfather was a mechanic, and my other grandfather worked at the post office.
Speaker 1: My stepfather was a doctor.
Speaker 3: Though, so I've had a good view firsthand of different types of men, different class of men. So nobody's shitting on anybody. What I'm basically saying is we need each other. We need each other now more than we ever have because the tariffs are coming. So we're not in a position to talk about who's this and whose they. But what I'm telling you is stop shitting on black women too, Stop putting us down. Because we decided to get degrees. We try to advance if the most we could in our you know, and with our counterparts and our counterparts. It showed that on that job, I can't get a promotion unless I have a degree, even if it's a degree in basket weaven. Every time we try to excel, white supremacy puts something in else in front of us in order to keep us out.
Speaker 1: That's just how it works.
Speaker 3: So many of us are just trying to get it how we live it, and if you want to get it another way, cool, but don't talk about our way to get it because these black women, even the ones you may not like that you got a toxic relationship, maybe your mother, your oarch or whatever, but for the most part, we've done our part to sustain and to still be standing. So show us some love. So check that clip out. Let me know what you think. Share it is doing really really well. I know some of the blogs that picked it up, so you know, tap into it, get into it. Let's get into it. Make sure you again subscribe to Straight Shot No Chasing podcasts, but also subscribe to me on Instagram as well.
Speaker 1: I would love to see your face over there.
Speaker 3: Other than that, I see some comments here where saying I always see mixed feelings with how Bernie feels. Yep, I understand that you do. My feelings are coming working directly from being on the campaign. So how people feel in the comments with somebody they never met I'm telling you how I feel based on what I see and what I know and just what I you know, witnessed myself.
Speaker 1: But I've witnessed myself, so my feedback is gonna be a little bit different.
Speaker 3: So guys, if that is all, and we have nothing else that we need to any more church announcements, I will go ahead and close out. There's another question here to ask when was the town hall. The town hall was on I guess the thirtieth, Yeah, March thirtieth in Atlanta, Georgia. The Instagram. It's saved on my Instagram page. One of my pen tweet pen posts. I believe you're gonna watch.
Speaker 1: The highlight reil highlight video real.
Speaker 3: My apologies and see what an awesome time we had standing room only, very excited. We had a comedian, comedian Erica Duchess tore it up, you know, did our thing. We had community conversation Councilwemen Collins from Atlanta, came by the mayor's office, came by Demetrius McCrae, several other people got up and spoke that night. I spoke, obviously, and just had a good time loving on folks. We danced at the end We had a good time, you know, and just really had a chance to connect and see people that we see online that we don't always get a chance, you know, to talk to, and so that was very helpful, and I hope to have another one. I just have to, you know, try to pace things, guys, you know, based on my ability, and it does take a lot to get those town halls going. So hopefully we can at least have one more, you know, before the end of the year. Hopefully we can have one more for the end of the year. Also exciting news. If you have not heard by now, if you're not on my Instagram, you should be. But I did announce the other day that I did get admitted to Family Law School in the fall. So I'm very very excited about that I will be going to law school. I worked on some of the top cases in this country, but now instead of working on those cases from outside the courtroom, I get to work from inside the courtroom. And I'm very, very very excited about that. I'm excited to be sending my only child to college at prayer View and I'll be going to Family you both of us be going to HBCUs and I could not be prouder of her, and I'm proud of myself her mama for making sure that I stuck to the cold, which is a dream delayed.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: A dream delayed is not denied. It's not denied, so ladies, and I'm not trying to exclude the men. I'm just talking to the women because I've only been a woman.
Speaker 1: I only know how to be a woman.
Speaker 3: So, ladies, when you become an empty nester, if a child has been one of the reasons you haven't been able to go pursue certain things. When you become an empty nester, that's your opportunity. That's your opportunity, not to just sit around and say.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have no kids no more. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Go do that thing that you weren't able to do because you didn't have the money, or you didn't have a babysitter, or you had to juggle too many things. That's the time that you actually go do which you did not have the chance to do before. Delayed, but not denied. Hope y'all have a good evening. Every Thursday, new content. Every Thursday, new content. But I have been adding extra shows as well, so make sure you stay connected to Straight Shot No Chase the podcast. Somebody asked her, y'all still asking about the Breakfast Club. I miss you too, y'all still ask But it's been almost a year. I will be on the Breakfast Club next week. I'm going there Tuesday. They probably won't air till Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll be pulling back up on the Homies next week. But I'm the chief Little Correspondent, Revolt Managing Editor, senior producer. I am still with the Black Effect podcast network, which is I Heart, which is a part of the Breakfast Club, so they will always be family. But it wasn't meant for me to be there every day all day, you know, for the rest of eternity. But I do appreciate you guys asking about me and doing a little hashtag Where's Tez and all of that. Y'all really pushed the mean line and it felt really, really good, and it was very very overwhelming because I didn't know, you know, what to do with that, you know, I really didn't. I wasn't expecting it. I just think I get on and do the news and go off. But learned that there really was a community that was accustom to me so hopefully my interviews will be enough to satisfy the Breakfast Club family. So I'll be there next week really rolling out this training and talking about the things that you know, that what we need to do instead of just bitch and complaining about what democrats ain't doing, because I'm done talking to them. They getting on my nerve at this point, and I see they just not gonna They basically roll over and play and playing dead at this point. So we have to figure it out on our own, like we always do. So, like I always say, guys usually lose it. Can't make you choose it. I will see you later peace. If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network in iHeartRadio on Teszlin figure Out, and I like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Crawford and our executive producer Charlott Magnea God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.