Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington welcomes David Cross July twenty fourth and twenty fifth, then catch Jeff Allen July thirtieth through August first, and don't miss Zanab Johnson August seventh and eighth. Comedy Up Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty nine years later. For tickets called eight five, nine, two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway dot com co offa.
Speaker 2: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by Stalk to to Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety Safe Center Rocks Tour. Now here's Matt Jones chanon. Yeah, you're on.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right, let's go. It is Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: It's what happens when Billy leaves and he's all focused on the wedding and doesn't set this thing up.
Speaker 2: Nobody can turn on the mics. Mario did the same thing on the prea thow I.
Speaker 4: Don't understand, well, you know this is a technology filled plays, but we are here and you can give you sound. The clock's pupping shop phone nine, eight, five, nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. A Vision Auto glass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four in this edition sponsored by the TJ.
Speaker 3: Smith Law Office. If you call TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 4: I've got the full crowd here, Drew Franklin, Ryan Lemon, Shannon and Mario.
Speaker 3: Guys, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 5: I know you've got a shirt that has a grammatical air on it.
Speaker 4: It's not this is what the team is called. You say this every time I wear the shirt. It's the Toronto maple leafs. That's what they call it. They don't call it the leaves. And that joke didn't work the first seven times. So I don't know why you always keep doing Yesterday.
Speaker 3: You don't need to be talking about what people's shirts say here at the show.
Speaker 5: Remember his uh, I'll bring I'll bring that out again, the.
Speaker 3: Mois shirt I do.
Speaker 4: Like you know, listen, it's not like people don't have spelling errors. I understand that that happens. But I saw we apparently have a state senator and I forget his name, so I'm not I'm not gonna say because also I don't want to just crushed the guy. But he posted yesterday and he's a doctor. We have a state centator who's a doctor. And in his post he spelled like six medical words wrong, including organ he spelled orgon is O r g O n.
Speaker 3: Okay. I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if I want that guy operating on me.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I thought. I mean, you're a state senator.
Speaker 4: I understand that state senators that maybe the bar is not high anymore. But if you are also a doctor and he I knew he was a doctor because he he had in his in his profile picture shanning a coat a medical col and he said, my name is doctor whatever and he spelled orgon O g r in and then he said, uh, you will put people in danger like and he spelled it e in danger and one word. Man, I don't want that guy operating on me.
Speaker 2: Do you definitely not a doctor of English?
Speaker 3: I mean, i'd brother, doctor Bingers. That's not gonna keep me from living or not. Hey, you think to be accomplished to be a senator even though the bar's a lower, you met the education. Yes. Well.
Speaker 4: Nevertheless, glad to be here this morning, and we got some exciting news early this morning. Yes, Mark Pope put out an Instagram video that said he is opening the doors for practice at Repperina starting at ten thirty, so you can go watch practice this morning at ten thirty. At first, they said the first hundred people. I'm being told by a little spot that if you get there, you're good away. They're not going to turn you away. So I don't think we are allowed to go do the show there, which is what I would like to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I kindt of even checked into it. I got no response about it.
Speaker 4: It so, but but we we're on the air, Shannon. We can't just let this go right. So what are we gonna do? We need to I put out a call on social media saying if you're there, if you're going and you want to call in, go And I've had some people say, well I might go.
Speaker 3: That doesn't do me a lot of good. What do we do?
Speaker 2: I would say, send Mario, But Mario has got the music today, so he's got.
Speaker 3: It's Mario music.
Speaker 6: Dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm going to quickly open up the phones.
Speaker 4: If I'm nine eighty seven, this is your chance to be a correspond yes on the show. I don't know did you all see last night the guy with the Phillies. Oh that was incredible, Shannon, pull him up. The Phillies had a guy who won a contest. Was it an auction? It was an auction. He won an auction, and this part of the auction he would get to call play by play for the Phillies.
Speaker 5: That's awesome on radio.
Speaker 3: On the radio.
Speaker 4: Now, on paper, that sounds like something that's going to be a disaster, right because we've talked about this on paper. This is a hard job. This guy does it. And when I saw it, I was like, well, I want to listen to this.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be awful.
Speaker 4: Oh no, nailed it. I find the Phillies out fire the regular guys. I don't think the other guy needs to show from work today.
Speaker 3: I mean it. He got Wally pipped on his own show. Fans loved it. Get out this guy. I think he has a career. I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 2: Now I've got it pulled up here, you've got.
Speaker 3: It, Okay, so I want to play it.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is, if you're this court, if you're doing the pope practice for us, here's your moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gone.
Speaker 4: This is your chance, perfect time, this is your chance to just take it, take the job, but try to be as good as a Phillies guy.
Speaker 3: Let's play like a minute or so.
Speaker 7: Of we are headed to the third inning, Phillies on top two to WAA where please to welcome Lewis call but from Medford Lakes.
Speaker 2: New Jersey.
Speaker 7: He is our Phillies fantastic auction winner. He outfit the competition to spend an inning and do some play by play in the booth, and Lewis welcome, Glad to have you here.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Scott. It's a thrill the bee here. It's a life flowing dream to be in the Phillies broadcast booth. So here we go. Peter with the first pitch to our teams. That's in there for strike one, called fills with two in the bottom of the second to take the lead. Start the time with the third, Payter delivers. It's bounced foul.
Speaker 2: He sounds good too.
Speaker 5: So he's got the boys, he's.
Speaker 4: Got the voice, and they count one and one and kind of baseball.
Speaker 8: The first two games of this series, one more to go tomorrow night, and then the three games setting with the Blue Jays over the weekend.
Speaker 3: What you do, it's exactly what you do as a radio guy.
Speaker 8: You get the strike strike three Painter delivers. It's a check swing, it's a called strike three.
Speaker 3: He got him. Wow, the dude, you just go ahead and give him the job, right, Like if you hadn't told me he won a contest, you think that's the normal guy. To assume that was the normal guy. He's got a team. He's like, that's what a baseball announcer supposed to sound like.
Speaker 5: So he started talking. I thought that that this guy sounds like he's done this for years.
Speaker 3: Played just a second, they try to make conversation with him, and they completely blow his resume. Just keep going from where you stopped.
Speaker 7: Right, and Lewis, you spent your life as a firefighter, police officer.
Speaker 8: Neither of those things, teacher, he was a substitute, neither of those things.
Speaker 3: Like, they didn't even bother to get.
Speaker 4: His resume right, and he still comes and brings it. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 5: They should have let him do the whole game, not just an inning, and they should let me do the whole game.
Speaker 4: Listen, he's going to be doing he's getting picked up, he's doing something there's no way, Shannon, you just let that guy go after that half inning, especially after he's gone viral and everybody talking about how good he is.
Speaker 2: He's better than half of the guys that do this thing every day for a living. So yeah, yeah, you've.
Speaker 4: Got to use him because he's kind of awesome. Will end up with a job, maybe not for the Phillies, the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remembering the homeless guy in Cleveland that had the radio voice and he went viral, and now he still gets work. This guy is he still get work. I didn't end up becoming famous, famous, but he does a lot of stuff. This guy would up calling baseball somewhere.
Speaker 5: And soon he started talking. I thought, I'm like, it's gonna be awful, but he's got the voice kind of sound like that TBT announcer we had every game channing.
Speaker 2: But no, no, no, this guy is actually good.
Speaker 3: I like, yeah, I thought everybody didn't like the didn't like the TA like the tv.
Speaker 2: T guy because he talked like this everyboughty it is familiar the zill and there you go there.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean this guy kind of sounds like that. When I first heard this guy last night, I thought of Shannon's TV immediately the same person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well so this is your chance now eight. I'm twenty two eighty seven. If you are on the way there, I think you're. There's a line right now, they're going to open it, chanting. Is there anybody in line yet?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard if there's anybody in like you talk about outside of rupp Read you're not talking.
Speaker 3: About Oh, I'm saying there's phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, on the phone.
Speaker 3: Yes. Okay, Well let's let's put the who are my choice?
Speaker 2: You get Drew Sammer? Preacher?
Speaker 3: All right, what do you think, Drew Samer? Preacher? We don't I mean I preacher? We know, preacher.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how normal. Doesn't live in Kentucky Le County, doesn't he?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, preacher, are you You're not there, are you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 9: I'm on my way on Russell Cave and I'm from Bracken County.
Speaker 3: Oh you're from Bracken County. So how far away are you?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm on Russell Cave. I'd be there right at ten thirty. But they're mowing the side of the road and iron behind the truck.
Speaker 4: Okay, well I can't think, so call us back if we don't find another way. I can't help the mowing on the grass. I do appreciate you try and though, but.
Speaker 9: I'm going I'll be there all.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, I appreciate I bet Sam's let's let's let's try Sam.
Speaker 3: Sam. Are you there, Yes, sir?
Speaker 10: Five minutes about a mile from Main Street?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, So Sam, I guess Shannon, give Sam the hot line. All right, okay, And Sam, what I would like you to do is you're gonna like if you if you're if you'll accept you can't disrupt the practice.
Speaker 3: I do remember Mark Pope's big about everybody being quiet. Yeah, be sure.
Speaker 4: So you'll have to kind of walk up to the concourse and give us updates. Okay, Okay, So there's like I think they're gonna stretch, he said, after the stretch, he may be like ten fifty or something. Walk up to the concourse, call the hot line and tell us.
Speaker 3: How it's going.
Speaker 6: All right, yes, sir?
Speaker 4: All right, So Sam, we will have Sam as our correspond cub reporter on the scene, your pointing live from reparning creature. I'm sorry you're behind the guy on Russell Cave mowing grass all days of all days though for them to mow.
Speaker 3: Grass on race didn't it rain was too wet to mow.
Speaker 5: All those guys that don't care they're out there doing it. They're big bush hogs.
Speaker 3: But you're talking about grass, right, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: You know what a bush hog is?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 4: The text machine is seven seven two seven seven. Do you like that Mark Pope's doing this? It's oddly a fan centric day. The football practice though, is not open for the fans, right, that's for the media.
Speaker 3: Media, maybe a few. I don't know if they're letting BBN United, certain tiers of people in stuff like that. But they're doing that this afternoon. Yeah, this is kind of wiping in and getting the fan attention, right, is meet the Team day.
Speaker 4: And though I like Pope doing it, I think that's you know, they didn't. This sort of idea of make the program accessible to fans, I think is something that needs to happen.
Speaker 5: So I like it, And know what is he says about today's the last day of summer practice, so he's inviting the fans in.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was what it was.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I think it's an awesome idea to reconnect with the fan base, right, now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very cool. This is the stuff in the off season you want, even even if they don't do much, just give it any kind of access at all, or even like the videos he did answering questions. You've got to keep the interest in the excitement up your round.
Speaker 4: And I mean, let's be honest, they will be some of the first people to see this is true. I mean, that's why I would like to go.
Speaker 3: I wish we could go down to me. It would just I want to run off and go and make you all stay here and do the show.
Speaker 5: You could be a cup reporter.
Speaker 3: I wonder who's traveling the farthest, like who just hopped in the car? He came from Bractice. He just got to be at least close to the leader.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they didn't announce it to what nine to twenty something like that.
Speaker 4: So Sam is gonna be our official reporter. Now for the rest of you all, if you're going, I'm okay. If you call in, just when you call in, tell Shannon you're there, okay, because maybe they'll see something Sam doesn't see. Yeah, nexuse I've hired Sam. I doesn't see.
Speaker 3: We don't know what's reporting. Maybe he's negative positive. We need to collect the shop and.
Speaker 4: We don't know, well he frees Shannon, right, we don't know if he's going to be like what is it? Lewis there on the Phillies game where he's just bringing it nailed it now not as successful as Lewis on the Phillies game was Did you see what happened with Detroit Pistons?
Speaker 3: For two hundred and fifty dollars, you were able to go the Detroit Pistons had an open G lead try out. You could try out to be on their G League. Okay, that video went a little differently. Shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had guys like their pants were falling down. They're putting each other in the eyes like nobody.
Speaker 4: There was a guy who just was like knocking people down. Oh my god, what do you think like to eighty shit.
Speaker 2: See that might be yeah, that might be being nice. I would say maybe three hundred pounds. But the guy his pants were down around his as.
Speaker 4: Pants fell down, I think I think he caused a couple of torn acls with his Uh.
Speaker 5: I didn't watched Piston's G League ball though he was on the team.
Speaker 4: I've been saying this for years. You allow regular people to play sports. I'm in Yes, I'm watching it. Regular people. I've said this a long time. Play the Masters and one guy's just a normal guy and he's got to be paired of Scotti shuffler, and.
Speaker 3: He's pared with someone. And it's a normal guy. Because I want to see what's a normal guy. Shoot.
Speaker 5: If you got a three hundred pound guy running up and down the floor of his pants falling down, I'm watching it.
Speaker 3: Well, think about the guy on n C State. He was actually good.
Speaker 2: He kept the shorts up. Though this guy, he was stumbling and fumbling and falling down.
Speaker 3: It was I expected. I expected to see some talented basketball players. There were There were none. No, not even anyone clear none. I thought, you have a few guys just right out of college hoping this is their chance. No, it's just people off the street. I love it.
Speaker 4: Nine two twenty two eighty seven text machine seven seven two seven to seven four five two five four. Also if you go, feel free to send the text machine. I'm going to spend a lot of the second hour with tidbits coming in from the practice. Yes see these guys on live reports, live report as the practice is going on just two blocks down the street.
Speaker 3: We'll take a break and be right back. KISR. What is this? This is the first of marios.
Speaker 5: His first song is the leadoff song, It's Gonna be Gonna be the Favorites.
Speaker 3: This is the first of Mario's songs. What is this?
Speaker 2: She Bang by Drake?
Speaker 3: She Bang by Drake?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like she Bangs by Ricky Martin Better.
Speaker 3: How old is this song? Shannon Joe? This just came out, So this is new two months ago? All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me, give me like ten seconds of me listening. Okay, stop, where's the beef? Where's the beef she cooked? Where's the what? I looked? No, I mean it's fine, but no, And why how I thought we weren't listening to Drake anymore?
Speaker 3: But I thought he got in trouble. He fought through it.
Speaker 4: It's straight, man, come on, just keep living your life. It'll go away, all right. I mean this is something low key? Okay, So that's good. That's that's I'm not gonna I mean, no hat that's man. Right, See all right, yeah, I know the ice.
Speaker 3: I'm Laddy Mario Program one one Musical Show.
Speaker 5: All six songs are his pics today, right.
Speaker 3: And Drake she bangs. It's just one word, shebang. Okay, Yes, where's the beef? It's two eighty seven.
Speaker 4: It looks like there are people drew that are already like they're they're gathering people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know several people there have gotten a picture. One person just texts me that he's about sixty ish in line. Uh zach from the websites, there we got.
Speaker 4: There is a horse debuting at Saratoga today. I'm told name Coach Pope really in race one. Once you look up and see what the odds are for Coach Pope, Sarah Toga race won a maiden two year old debuting today. Do you think this is Kenny Kennedy, big peak horse, Kenny Peace. Do you think this determines Shane in the season? How Coach Pope does?
Speaker 2: Probably a long shot. But it's a big beautiful horse, big beautiful body on it.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: One person writes Matt that Phillies auction winner has been celebrated. He's already been on sports radio this morning in Philadelphia. I guarantee you he ends up with a job.
Speaker 5: If you're the Phillies, you hire him from one of your minor league teams today. Where else are you gonna be talking about the guy who is.
Speaker 3: Currently doing it?
Speaker 5: The people that are in the job you get to you had, you gotta have two guys now play by play guy of color.
Speaker 3: Just have him do the third inning every game, just the third.
Speaker 2: Wish for job security. If you're a Phillies announcer.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you I smell a little bit of a setup with it. That can't be that random. I'm just skeptical of all things anymore. They do you think he's fake? Well, I think they might have known he was good. I don't know if maybe someone with money wanted him to do it because they knew he's good. That wasn't just let me get off the streets have no experience doing no I think he has experience. I think they might've even known a little bit. Like anything in a game anymore, mascot trips and throws popcorn on a fan. Everything staged, kiss camp, everything staged. My intendas were up with this one. I hope you're wrong. I mean, I understand why you say that, because everything is too good. He is very good moment.
Speaker 2: Why would he already be doing that for a living?
Speaker 3: You know, because he was a substitute teacher. Yeah, he wasn't a fireman or officer.
Speaker 2: Shannon, Yeah, I know. I'm just saying like that if he was like a ringer, he would think that he would already have a career in that, right.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying to be like, oh, this random fan off the street, let's see how he can do. And he's really good, way too good. But it's like maybe he practiced, like maybe he knew it was coming. He did the reps to get ready. Maybe it's like when they picked the fat guy out of the crowd to dance with the dance team and ends up being this phenomenole answer that choreographed with him for three weeks.
Speaker 4: Understand, But this is I would say this. If you cheated, say it quickly because the backlash will be harsh.
Speaker 3: And people would say it's more likely because it was an auction. Someone with money probably knew he was good, wanted to opportunity they wanted for him.
Speaker 2: The Detroit Pistons certainly didn't have any ringers in their tryouts.
Speaker 3: All right, do you have someone that's on the line right now.
Speaker 2: Right line, that line's loaded.
Speaker 3: I mean, who do you want but do you have someone that's like standing in line right now?
Speaker 2: No one has said they're standing in line, but okay, there's people on their way. Somebody may be at this.
Speaker 4: My neighbor, listen. I love you, Troy, but you're not good at setting this up. I called the number three times. Now they say he's on the line, but we don't know which one.
Speaker 2: He is, right, I don't have anybody by that name.
Speaker 4: Okay, another good game, It might help it, says call me. I call him, No way, he goes to voicemail. Says call my wife. That goes to Voicemailmon's what am I supposed to do? Well, let's just put some people on the line, Brad, Brad, go ahead, Brad.
Speaker 6: Hey, fellas, I was actually on my way when I was on the phone with standing, but I'm actually in line now.
Speaker 3: All right? How many people are we talking about being in line?
Speaker 6: I think there's about probably two fifty.
Speaker 4: Wow, so two fifty or three hundred already in Texas. Two hundred that's pretty good. That's pretty good. He announced it at like nine to fifteen, and it's a Thursday, and presumably this will go like an hour and a half, so more people will like, maybe sure, take an early lunch break and head there.
Speaker 3: Our people are people excited.
Speaker 6: I'm not really seeing a lot of emotion. They're just kind of standing with their hands in their pockets and waiting in line.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're you're you're not seeing a whole lot of emotion.
Speaker 6: No, okay, I think everybody's just ready to get in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, well, thank you. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 4: May need to get some lead a chance. Yes, okay, you say, Shan, you got somebody that's.
Speaker 2: First, and that the very first person right next first?
Speaker 3: Okay, who's this? This is Drew Drew, go ahead, Drew, All this is Drew.
Speaker 6: I'm the very first person here online. We got about one hundred and twenty out here.
Speaker 3: Uh not everybody's got Yeah, I'm trying to be the I'm trying to be your reporter.
Speaker 6: How Sam get that he ain't even here yet.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 9: I take it.
Speaker 3: You can be.
Speaker 6: You're gonna make it.
Speaker 3: You can be the other reporter if you'll do me.
Speaker 4: If you're all right, you need to lead the crowd in a C A T S chant for ks R.
Speaker 3: If you can get that going right now? Yes, right, now hold, I'm gonna put you on speak right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, put me on speaker and go all right, all right.
Speaker 9: I'm on the follow the chs.
Speaker 3: All right, now let's go see hey see hurt, hurt. Turt sounds like he's the only there you go? Are you like? First of all, it sounded like you were the only one yelling? Did you not? I don't feel like you got everybody? Got everybody going?
Speaker 6: Hold on, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 3: I chance, it's okay, go ay?
Speaker 9: What can I say?
Speaker 6: That's up to them.
Speaker 9: They said I was only one hard Matt Joes.
Speaker 3: He want to hear y'all whoa better? Much better?
Speaker 2: It was at least ten people there, you go?
Speaker 3: Much better that was.
Speaker 4: You have to give them the oh to get everybody going. Seventh thing, eleven o'clock, you call in, I'll let you be the other reporter.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I got you, man. You tell us what you see? Thank you very much? Alright, gotcha? There you go. That's Ken TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 2: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Morgan.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones, Candy. All right, Now this I can go with turned up Shannon. Everybody's dancing in here. This is now, this is my jam. This is like the nineties. Yeah, how do you even know? This is before you were born? Remember they were roller skating?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who is this song? This is Candy Rain? So for real? Real? Yeah, so for real? How do you?
Speaker 11: How do you?
Speaker 3: Why did you pick this? Pick this one?
Speaker 6: Al?
Speaker 3: I listen, all right, this candy ringing the name of the song or the band? No, it's so for real?
Speaker 2: So real is the band?
Speaker 3: I think they were kids, right.
Speaker 2: Candy Rain's a song?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just it is one more chorus real quick? Oh dude, I did I haven't heard this song in years. Good call.
Speaker 3: All right, Mario's back in good graces.
Speaker 4: Now he's gonna play something like kodek hand or something here in a minute. Uh, coach, Pope. The horse is on Saturday, on Billy's wedding day. All right, his debut, his debut. He's a yeah, he's a he's a maiden. So that's uh, twelve one, twelve to one. Is that the kind of odds of our season? I wish one person, Yeah, one person, writes Matt Drew is kind of right, kind of wrong about the announcer he apparently has called as an announcer thirty years of kids baseball. He does the PA system, et cetera. He's never had a radio gig and that's always been his dream, which is why his friends chipped in to get him to do this.
Speaker 3: Okay, this neither had to be a little bit. I don't think that makes it fair. I think it's fake. But it's a guy that whoever been on it knew he be good at it. It wasn't like, oh, let's get this guy off the street, just see how you can handle it. It's a guy that's at least done something that's not fake ry. That's just a guy pursuing his dream.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that his friends know that he's good at it, just needs a break. Let's chip in and get this opportunity for him and get him on the air. I love that part of the story.
Speaker 3: We should figure out.
Speaker 4: You know what, Shannon, what is some r Ryan's dream is to what Walmart Greeter.
Speaker 5: Or a ranger at a golf course. That'd be a good job drive around the golf course. Okay, guys, pick up your play a little bit. You're liking a little bit that guy the ranger, So you just want to be the guy.
Speaker 4: You don't even play golf, which is a weird thing for you to want to.
Speaker 5: Drive around on a golf court golf cart.
Speaker 3: I just want to drive around and tell people to play faster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and get paid for it and then go be the Walmart greeter in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Maybe One thing I love about you have the most simple desires that your dream. Yeah, I might be a golf course ranger in retirement one day.
Speaker 5: I'd be fun, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just be like, hey are you and I'm dream?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're all very accessible, if you want to work at Walmart, I think you could make that happen tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Don't tease me now, don't tease mesr Golf scrambles coming up? Make him the ranger for the day.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I'll give you like an hour you get to drive around and tell people to drive fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like he would just slow down play. He'd get caught up talking to people. That's true. You.
Speaker 4: I don't know that you would speed up play at all. But the Louisville Golf Scramble is coming by the way so you could do it.
Speaker 5: I would enjoy that. Could you get to meet people all day long? Different people get to talk to him.
Speaker 4: You can I tell you a disaster that we're heading forward, the KSR golf scramble, the one on the little radio show. I'm trying to try and do my ESPN show there get it. Yeah, there's just no way that division. I can't even get to work in my house, like like, well there's like, well you can set it up, it'll go over starlink and like it's not gonna work.
Speaker 5: You try to do it from the clubhouse.
Speaker 3: No, they want almost going to do it, and want me to do it on the eighteenth of Green.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, forget about it.
Speaker 4: But the idea is that while the show's going on, people who are putting on the eighteenth Green.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna have drunk people you like on a ESPN Plus, well, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Tell everybody before the shotgun, Hey, everybuddy, you can't get drunk on the ESPN putting. But the idea was, you know, just something different while we're doing the show, rather than just looking at our faces, you'll be able to watch these people putt and radio is better on the scene, like we've radio is always better and go to random place.
Speaker 3: I mean, it could work.
Speaker 4: It could be a disaster, Shandon, I know it probably will be a disaster.
Speaker 2: But for listeners they kind of like that sometimes.
Speaker 4: But for listeners sometimes when things, I mean, I'm completely just moving what I do here over there.
Speaker 3: Let's just have listens. Yeah, follow you from right. I think you should at least try it. If it doesn't work, you say, you know what we did our best and that's all you can do in this life exactly. And if it doesn't work, say, well, blame the starling.
Speaker 4: You got ten minutes on. Sophie Cunningham, go eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Knox. Go ahead and.
Speaker 4: Knocks he yes, are you in the arena?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we're at the front road. They're looking pretty good right now.
Speaker 3: Oh are there? They already started? Mm hmm.
Speaker 10: They look really good.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty surprised.
Speaker 2: Just stretched.
Speaker 3: But I mean, are they stretching or are they playing? They're just seeting ball.
Speaker 6: They're not stretching or scrimmaging.
Speaker 3: They're just all right. Well, who looks like they're who looks like they're shooting the best.
Speaker 6: I mean Milan shooting three, but I don't really think that's a fair comparison to everybody else.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I haven't seen him a shoot at Kentucky. Is Milan just nailing.
Speaker 3: All of them? I mean I haven't seen him miss.
Speaker 11: Yet exciting has miss ks r curse knocks the moment you said it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 3: He looks good in the Kentucky Blue. I mean everybody looked pretty good.
Speaker 6: They all wear it pretty well, like they were always meant to wear it.
Speaker 4: It's good lying all right, well, Knox, they're always meant to wear it. Appreciate it. You keep us up today. There you go, appreciate we're getting live.
Speaker 5: Have we ever had a live open practice for the fans at Rupp.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, that's a great question. I mean for Pope.
Speaker 4: No, I'm pretty sure cal never did it like a real one. They do it at the tournament, but it's not really a correct stand around.
Speaker 5: Didn't even do regular practice. I can't think of a practice that's been open.
Speaker 4: You've been here longer than me. Can you ever remember an open practice at Ross?
Speaker 5: You know he had one for the media last year. Now you gotta do one for the public that I can't remember one where they've opened it up outside of the like you said, the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: Is he Now I want to go Why are we stuck in here? Let's go stupid about how are we going to go? We have a show and we don't have a way of doing it.
Speaker 5: Or Channikan handle it.
Speaker 4: You want to go so low while the three of us just going shifts.
Speaker 5: Almost did that this morning on the pre show. He could do with cass.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of going in shifts. Do you think you could run over there?
Speaker 5: Run?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I like this, Okay, it is ten forty How long you think it'll take you to walk to Reparina?
Speaker 5: What ten fifteen minutes?
Speaker 4: Now you got to run? All right, here's what we're gonna do, Mario. You're going with him. You're gonna get it. Run over there as fast as you can't get about seven to ten minutes of watching.
Speaker 3: Then run right back and come on the air and tell us what you said.
Speaker 2: You got to call in on the phone.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I want to watch that. I want Mario to produce this entire thing. Mario, I'll be taking up for your music while you're gone, okay, you got this right now? I mean you don't have to run, but walk briskly. Yeah, okay, get there as quick as you can't.
Speaker 3: You're on a deadline, pretending to news. I will see you. I need you here at eleven.
Speaker 5: Ten, eleven ten, got it?
Speaker 3: Bye bye, He's got this.
Speaker 2: He won't even be there by eleven ten.
Speaker 5: He just said, I gotta go pete.
Speaker 3: First, did you you're not you cannot go?
Speaker 2: Pee pee? Stop off chair?
Speaker 3: Are I go filming there too? Okay? Good, good job, Like that's a crime. There you go. Do you think he gets back here by eleven ten, not eleven ten, eleven twenty, maybe even fifteen.
Speaker 4: Are you text channing, text ride say he could be back at eleven twenty to give him because yeah, it may take him twenty minutes to get to it.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of haul to get there. They're on the high side. We don't know lyne to get in might slow him down.
Speaker 4: Okay, eight five, nine, two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A lot of people had discussions yesterday about your or your comments about uh the team, and a lot of people seem to agree with you. Are you do you do you think your sort of skepticism. Do you think that's the common opinion of UK fans?
Speaker 3: Pretty common? I mean of my own friend groups, I'm probably one of the most optimistic. Like I know people that are much worse than me. It's just as we've said with we brought up that Mark story last week, the memories we have and what makes being a Kentucky basketball fan, those are getting farther and farther away, like not even playing on the weekend of the SEC tournament alone holding the trophy. We're not even playing in it and having played in a long time. Those are things we just got so used to, and that's it's why we love Kentucky. You're big moments like that, and we're not a part of them anymore.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 4: But let's say they go and win what's the first big game, Champions Classic. Yeah, say they go win in the Champions Classic? Is that in Chicago? In Chicago, everybody will be on board then though, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't want to act like I'm not on board. But like most seasons, we're well formally most seasons until this decade, we're sticking our chest out, booking our final four rooms already, and that we were like that the first two years of PO too.
Speaker 4: I mean, I do think it's easy to forget how it ends, but we were very confident at the beginning of both those years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're used to like knowing where the final four city is years in advance because we're planning on being there, And I just I don't have a lot of hope in getting there this year with how things current stand. But I could easily be surprised. This is early. I could happily be wrong. But I miss the days of being kind of a cocky Kentucky fan because you know you're gonna be in the conversation every.
Speaker 4: Year one person writes the you asking Ryan to go him seemed skeptical, but then saying he can get there, and then having to say he has to go pee is the most rhyme lemon. I think you just use it as the opportunity to go to you. I think that's exactly right. Second, you know, summer is in full swing, and whether you are campside, lakeside, or pool side, no cha, Lend of Farms is here for your grilling needs. No Chailend of Farms offers over twenty different cuts of dry age beef, an assortment of curated boxes. Farm pickup is available seven days a week. Local delivery is Monday through Friday. Free shipping for orders over two hundred and fifty dollar. I was within Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, and Tennessee. Visit no Chalinda dot farms dot com. They have the beef eight five nine seven O seven seven thousand and four. It is a Kentucky Proud partner with no Cha Linda Farms. One person's at the text machine and said, Matt Knox is correct. Melon made by my account twenty three of twenty four threes.
Speaker 3: To start the practice official stat I'm writing that down. It's pretty good. Twenty four.
Speaker 4: Candy Rain too, like that just in a good move Crede start to the show. Yes, I'm gonna make We're playing Candy Raid on the ESPN too, so I can dance better. Pick by Mario.
Speaker 3: I mean he must have done this for us because I like that. This is another one. I like. This is what week by SWV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so well you heard you may have feed of Kodiak Black. So then he texted me and said, hey, do this one next instead of Kodak Black.
Speaker 3: So I do like this one though. This is like nineties jam is it early nineties like cassette tape stuff.
Speaker 4: We've said this before, Shannon, though the nineties, the nineties were the best music of all time. And I'll even go furtheres to say I think the nineties. We will look back in one hundred years, they will look back and say the best time to live was the nineties.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 2: I completely agree pre nine to eleven, yep, K kind of had the internet a little bit, you know.
Speaker 3: Exactly enough, had it enough to get the good out of it without it controlling our lives. No cell phone movie movies were much more.
Speaker 4: Movies were the best. No better movies than the nineties best time. Let me give you genres of music where, in my opinion, the best was then. Country not been a better time for country music than the nineties. No, we say nineties country. Nineties country is a thing. There are bands that come out and just play nineties country. The kind of music you like, Shannon, like alternative rock, like nothing was better than the nine He's.
Speaker 2: Right, I agree with you on that, yep. Nineties were the best time for rock rap.
Speaker 4: I'm not a rap officionado, but nineties rap, come on, People still reference Biggie Tupac uh Dre Snoop, ice.
Speaker 3: Cube, et cetera. Right, play the Hoods. Jay z was came at the end of that. Pop music was also good.
Speaker 4: I mean, whether you like it or not, Backstreet's back, all right, it's the best time. And then Kentucky basketball dominated. Tucky basketball dominated, that's right. The economy was good, like it was. You know, Clinton was like kind of serious but also kind of weird, and so that kind of worked.
Speaker 3: The Braves, the Cowboys and all my teams were good and she had.
Speaker 4: Cowboys, forty nine Ers, Yankees, Braves, Jordan Tiger.
Speaker 3: I mean, I always say ninety six.
Speaker 4: Agasy Sampress, like we were still good at tennis in America.
Speaker 3: I think about even because I was of the age, video games, like the Nintendo sixty four was peak video games for me. Too far along now it was too perfect. I feel like I'm playing real life. I don't want it was just right in the mid nineties, Shannon, it was the best, right it was.
Speaker 2: But is that just because we're now old and everything would argue classes, you know.
Speaker 4: But you read statistics and everyone says that kids are more depressed now, they have more anxiety issues. They don't hang out with each other's. They don't hang out with each other. I don't think they have as much fun. I think there are many pressures on kids now in social media that I think makes their life more.
Speaker 2: Yeh see, you would say the eighties are better than that.
Speaker 3: He's wrong because he's though the technology just needed a little touch.
Speaker 4: He wasn't quite there. In the eighties you only had a handful of channels. Ninety you had a lot of channels, but there were still shared moments.
Speaker 3: You still had to wait for your music video. Now and everything's in sim TV, there was an excitement in waiting for like a countdown of music videos that yours would become you.
Speaker 4: No, young people grow up now and like they don't know what their future is going to be, Like they don't know are they going to be able to have a career or are they just going to be like working for the.
Speaker 3: Overlords of AI.
Speaker 4: We still felt like we could do anything. Whether that was true or not, who knows. You could still be working class in America in the nineties before NATO kind of ruined that. I don't know, man, give me a case that the nineties weren't the best.
Speaker 3: I don't have one. Ninety six specifically the best year that's ever existed.
Speaker 6: None.
Speaker 3: I think you could make worse years, right, Sam? Is there? Sam? You've watched twenty minutes of practice? What do we find?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir?
Speaker 10: First of all, Ryan Lemon and Mario just walked nineties, so they are here.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, that's good time.
Speaker 2: It took a new Let's be real.
Speaker 6: Frank is a freak.
Speaker 10: First of all, they were doing threes on one end with our guards and then Milan of course.
Speaker 4: So Frank is playing. Frank is playing. Yeah, big scoop that Sam with the scoop scoop Sam first reported by Sam.
Speaker 3: So how does he like? How big does he look in person?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: He's massive, He's a beast.
Speaker 10: I would not want to talk out about.
Speaker 3: That man at all. All right, I like it? What else?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 10: As I was going, zoom diallos lose energy, Mason, Hello, go ahead? Hey sorry, zoom Diallo is showing a lot of energy. And then Alex Wilkins is very, very vocal. Seems like he's taking the lead right on a lot of stuff. So Alex Wilkins the leader like that? I can't affirm the melon stat twenty three or twenty four as they were shooting threes.
Speaker 4: All right, Sam, you got me excited. All right, Well keep us up. We'll try again maybe a little later, okay, yes, sir, so so a couple of big scoops there one Frank's play. Good to know that you've been worried about that. I'm worried about Frank. I love Frank. I think I said this when you were out.
Speaker 3: He will be. I don't know what he'll be on the court, but he's one of those fan favorites we'll remember just with his personality. Awesome guy. He laughs that people thought he was Zoom's dad in the photo when they moved in. Does he think that the joke? He's okay, he was making fun of himself. He said his teammates call him Gramp's grandpa. He I mean, we got like thirty minutes with him. I could have done another hour because he was just fun to listen to. He's gonna be personality wise, everyone's gonna love Big Frank.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know it's twenty minutes, and listen, everybody, don't write me and say we're overreact. That's the point, right Channon. We don't have a lot of information. So we got to soak up the information we have.
Speaker 2: This is all we have to base anything.
Speaker 3: So we got Sam.
Speaker 4: So so we we got Sam. We were I can't believe Ryan got there so quickly.
Speaker 3: Again, especially with the break.
Speaker 2: He did not walk there.
Speaker 3: Think you think somebody gave Mariah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely you know, come on, or you got one. I get one of those scooters.
Speaker 3: Oh do you think they got a scooter? Maybe you know that walk from living there and I'll park here for games.
Speaker 4: It's a good fifteen press and fifteen minute walk if you walk quickly, and he walks slow.
Speaker 3: He's got those little.
Speaker 4: He's got he got a little beef, which said Alex Wilkins is the leader. I'm a big believer your best player has to be your leader. If he's gonna be the best player, then he needs to be the leader. I can believe him being very vocal out there too. I haven't seen him on the court, but another interview. He's just very outgoing, very confident, and then little things like the TBT.
Speaker 3: He's up high five and Archie. He just seems like a guy with a lot of personality and outgoing.
Speaker 4: All right, well, exciting first hour, uh with with everybody there, if you are there, I guess it'd be hard.
Speaker 3: To listen while you're here.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they would like if everybody was listening, But if you can hear me and you want to come up and check in A eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, we will talk about some more stuff. I bet no one's going to disagree with me about the ninety Shannon. It's I think it's I think it's science.
Speaker 2: Only Ryan would disagree.
Speaker 4: Well, he's wrong, so that we'll take a break. Me right back, Kentucky Sports Radio