Speaker 1: The John Nnick and Kenny Florian Podcast. John Annick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 2: I fucking love him.
Speaker 3: I can't get enough of him.
Speaker 4: Big job there, Cook, Duffy and Fret. There are a couple of absolutely self involved.
Speaker 1: You're your hosts, John Nick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 5: Someone said we should get Leon Edwards out of the open. Still a big moment. I mean, at what point, maybe freshen it up a little bit. Good Monday Tunia, Just afternoon in the Eastern time zone of the United States of America, Monday, April twenty seventh, twenty twenty six. Thanks for being here for episode five ninety three of the Anticiplorian Podcast, powered by All the Smoke Fight. Thank you for checking in on the Antikamplorian podcast YouTube channel as well. Can't flow? Where are you? And what's so funny?
Speaker 4: Uh? Dude here? Comings are so good? Uh, then we should freshen it up. I'm good man. I'm in Las Vegas.
Speaker 6: I've been filming battle Bots the last couple of weekends, so I've been in and out. I'm actually gonna be here in Vegas all week so I'm.
Speaker 4: Experiencing the John Anick life right now.
Speaker 5: So what else do you have plan in Las Vegas? So are you gonna go shoot at some targets at some point?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You can see those little targets behind me there. Those are Those are called dry fire targets. I've been practicing in my hotel room like a Psychostaftuh.
Speaker 4: I can just imagine if someone could see me through the window. You're like this guy, I'm calling the police right now on this guy.
Speaker 6: But no, I'm I'm hanging out. I got the bigcoin conference. I'm in town. I'm gonna be speaking at that, a couple interviews this week and then uh and then battle Bots end of the week.
Speaker 5: So yeah, keep looking at this guy. I mean, look at this fucking I'm glad I asked the question. So Nate Bronson, one of our producers, wants to know what you're shooting and are you just back in with your eyes? Is that what you're doing and just get correct?
Speaker 6: Yes, I got my optic on my pistol, so I'm trying to place that little dot like right in the exactly where I want to, you know, be So anyways, nerd stuff, buddy, But uh, yeah.
Speaker 5: If you're not watching on YouTube, there are some targets plastered on the wall behind Kenny Floyd in his hotel room. If you're on an iPhone listening via Apple Music or Spotify or iHeart Radio, perhaps then it might be time to subscribe to the ant conform podcast YouTube.
Speaker 2: Can.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of our audience would actually like to see you get up and demonstratively instead of hosting the podcast today. Your audio shit anywhere with your fucking wire headphone. No, no, it's fine, it's fine. It is what it is. We'd rather have you than not. We got a little power hour plan. We'll probably belied this seventy five minutes because I'm not always short of win Ray Longo. Celebration Monday with Ray Longo in about twenty five minutes. We always cherish the Mondays upon which we can celebrate with Ray after one of his high level mixed martial arts athletes wins a fight. Maybe I revel in some of those Monday losses as well to give him hard time. But huge win for al Jamaine Sterling. We will get into all of that. For my money. One of the biggest singular fights beckons this weekend, So that probably would have been my lead story, except that I am potentially hosting a party this Saturday night that I'd like to solicit your opinion on and maybe I should cancel the party. So if you're a member of the Greenwich Police Department, if you could find me on social media, that would be great. So my daughter is a freshman in high school and I think I've committed to host a party this weekend, and I think there's a lot of liability involved, Kenny. I mean, I found myself googling like a security detail, like I might hire an armed bouncer for this thing. So yeah, I mean, guest list is fifty. I'm gonna have like eighty freshmen and at my house potentially this weekend. So I'm I'm looking to see if I can link up with somebody from the Granwish Police Department first to maybe soften whatever blow is coming. You know, as the kids say, these things oftentimes get topped, which means the police come because there are a lot of kids and a lot of noise, and you know how it goes.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, is this an indoor or outdoor thing?
Speaker 5: It's a good question. So the house happens to be pretty conducive to having a party, so these kids would have their separate entrance in the basement, but it would be indoor outdoor weather permitting.
Speaker 4: Nice, so nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you know, I don't know, man, Like I think some parents their thesis state and is like, no, you never do this, like this is not smart. Uh So I don't know. We'll see, but I'm bringing it to the masses today to see if perhaps either a viewer or a listener or fucking you or a police officer might have any suggestion or how this doesn't become an unmitigated disaster the custome by job.
Speaker 4: You know, listen, I think it's better to be there right your kids, Like, you know, you're you're there, you're in the area. You know, you're keeping everybody safe.
Speaker 6: And if I was in the New England area, dude, I would drive over, I'd be I'd be security for them.
Speaker 5: So is that what I need? Right? I mean, yeah, I would feel more confident if I was Kenny Florian where I could just you know, choke Jeremy unconscious if he you know, goes at Steven or something, you know it just choked Jeremy unconscious and put him in the jiu jitsu room for a little bit until he wakes.
Speaker 4: Up right, you just splip Jeremy Stevens two different people.
Speaker 5: I did. I did, so yeah, we'll see. I might have something to report next week. But if I'm not here for our leading into UFC three twenty eight this week, it's because potentially something disastrous happened this weekend. But yeah, speaking of which, Kamzachimai a minus four fifty five sean strictly wow, that is about a week and a half away, Kenny, So.
Speaker 4: I am fired up for that one, dude.
Speaker 6: It's I mean listen, just just the press conference, just like all the stuff leading up to the fight, I think is gonna get nuts. I hope that it's not too crazy, you know, because I do want to see this fight. I hope it doesn't get out of control. But those are two guys that are about as unhinged as he gets, and you know, phenomenal fighters that I think are going to deliver an action packed fight.
Speaker 4: So I can't wait for that, dude.
Speaker 5: That fight is fire, all right. A lot to get into today, and we're gonna give Aljamaine Serling his flowers. We're gonna get into a massive main event coming up in perth Wa this weekend. Long ago, Oh Clifford, a lot of things on tap. Let's get to headlines, headlines.
Speaker 3: It's time for headlines.
Speaker 4: I have some very urgent and important breaking new.
Speaker 1: Headlines on the n and Kenny Surians.
Speaker 5: Contast Kenny Jack Dela Madelena has won eighteen of nineteen fights. Carlos Protests has won thirteen of fourteen fights. Islama Kashev is the undisputed UFC Weltsway Champion. The rumblings continue to be that he's going to defend his belt against Ian Maschado Gary. But this weekend about as far from where I am as you could be in Perth, Western Australia, they will shut the octagon door behind the former recent UFC Waltz Way champion Jack Dela Mattelena and the divisions Boogeyman. I think in a lot of respects the knockout our artist, Carlos Protest. I know we're going to get a prediction from you later in the program, but because the longo minute is going to be so algo intensive, I did want to begin with this fight. I think singularly it's one of the biggest, baddest, best fights. Then that promotionally can be put together and it's like five and a half days away. I want to get your thoughts on that.
Speaker 6: Off the top, it's an extremely intriguing fight that again, this is one of those fights because they're both primarily strikers.
Speaker 4: The more video I watched, almost the more confused I.
Speaker 6: Got in some ways, just because I think that Carlo's Protest perhaps has a style that can bring out the best in Jack Dala Modolena. I think it's all dependent on if Jack decides to kind of sit back, move backwards and try to counter, or if he decides to take the fight to Protest. Either way, I mean, it's going to be an awesome fight. I don't know if it's going to go the distance. I see one of those guys kind of getting finished just based on their approaches or what I think is going to be their approaches heading into this fight. But man, it's a phenomenal fight between guys that have been extremely consistent, extremely dangerous, and yeah, there's there's a lot of question marks for me still, so to me, I can't wait to watch it.
Speaker 4: I think it's a fascinating fight.
Speaker 5: Carlos Protests is the number five ranked UFC welch away contender. His daughter is half Australian. I believe lives in Sydney. Jack Dela matt Alena is the number one contender, not all that long ago, was the champion. He lost the belt to Islam Kashev last November at UFC three twenty two. So it's a pick them essentially right now. But money seems to be moving in the protest direction about minus one eighteen right now. On Draftking Sportsbook, my thesis statement on protest has been, Kenny, You've heard me say it, probably annoyingly so on the Anak and Florian podcast, is that over twenty five minutes which this fight is scheduled for, and this isn't anything suggestive about the opposition, Jack Dela Madelena per se and I know R. J. Clifford has a lot of thoughts on the Jack Dela matt Alena three named Jack side of this, But my thesis statement on protests has been, from my vantage point, from what I have seen, best of luck to anybody trying to survive twenty four twenty five minutes underneath his power, and he has the cardiovascular base, he has the wealth of combat sports experience. I just think that Carlos Protests is going to be the opposite of a picnic for most of these guys, and I think the twenty five minutes actually, despite maybe public perception, I think it does benefit Protests to have that work on absolutely.
Speaker 6: I would add in the fact that he's unusually tall for that division and there's so much versatility to his game. He can knock you out with a variety of things. Typically when you get these great strikers, it's like Jack Dela Modolana, for example, he's known for his boxing, like watch out for his boxing. Other guys it's like watch out for their elbows or other guys watch out for them. You have to watch out for all of those things when it comes to Carlos Protests spinning attacks like you know, and it's not like, oh, you know, he's almost knocked out guys, but he has knocked out guys with a variety of strikes. So you know, Jack and his team they have their work cutout for him as far as scouting and what to watch out for. But defensively, Jack dela Madelana is going to have to be on point. I also think you can't let a guy that tall and that dangerous lead the dance if in my opinion, it will not serve Jack well if he's just moving backwards for the majority of this fight. And that's how proctislikes to fight. He takes the fight to you, he backs you up. So an absolutely fascinating fight. I can't wait for that one.
Speaker 5: All right, it's this weekend Perth, Western Australia. We'll get to the viewing information and the exact time for the main car before we get on out of here on Paramount Plus. But I know RJ Clifford has some thoughts on this, so why don't we go three wide and get to that part of the conversation? Rated RJ here live on the Anticploy podcast on a Monday. Are Jay Clifford where the Raiders had? Is that sort of to lead me in an NFL draft direction?
Speaker 7: Or have we all memorized Mendoza by Abba yet for Fernando Mendoza coming to the Raiders the new.
Speaker 3: Era, boys, it's a new era.
Speaker 5: You should be excited. You should be so you also host, for those that don't know, an NFL podcast that centers on the Las Vegas Race titled The Autumn.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I would expect you to have a great name for a show because you're such an intellectual. So is there a season draft edition for this show or do you guys? Are you seasonal?
Speaker 3: We are, We are.
Speaker 7: Weekly, but we'll also kind of chime in those so obviously with the draft has been exclusive draft coverage too, But we'll do you mostly like like a post game, and then we do our our regular show comes out every Thursday morning, and then also whenever the hell we feel like it because it's on the Internet and that's.
Speaker 5: Right that we get and that's what you can do.
Speaker 3: So you like the name Autumn wind Bags.
Speaker 5: Does that love? I'd be pritten.
Speaker 3: It is like a wind bag right on them, Win win Bags. That's what we were on.
Speaker 7: The fence about starting the podcast until my co host Swan Soto came up with the name.
Speaker 3: I'm like, we got it now, we.
Speaker 5: Got it good, Yeah, we're back got it. It truly is perfect, And we're still soliciting public opinion in terms of the name of your segment on the show. People don't like ratedt RJ, then have at it. But we're really excited to unveil your new open hopefully by next week. So same my thesis statement on anything Carlos protests having nothing to do with Jack Dela Matalanta has been best of luck holding up underneath that power for fifteen twenty twenty four, twenty five minutes, and that's what's in front of Jack Dela Madalana this weekend. Now, in your show notes, you have said JDM is going to need some new wrinkles, which I think he's been hiding. So the floor is yours. What are your expectations for this weekend?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've I've absolutely loved watching JDM as a boxer who's also an anti wrestler. So oftentimes you think, okay, a striker that's fighting wrestlers. It's like you just keep distance or you have a really good sprawl, good reaction. But he's so good at like body shots to keep it, to keep his level low, uppercuts that can like turn into an underhook if necessary.
Speaker 3: The way he blocks, like.
Speaker 7: When he sprawls, he doesn't bring his hands down, he just brings his whole level down. It's like he's put together this great striking style to fight wrestlers, and now all those chains are off, like the training wheels are now off. Against Carlos protis so I think has one takedown in his entire UFC career.
Speaker 3: So it's been a long time since we've seen JDM be able to.
Speaker 7: Strike without having to shrug off body locks in double legs. So I'm curious to see if he goes back to that old way, if he's been working on that this entire time but hasn't really had a chance to show it because he's fighting in the Balmahamas and stuff.
Speaker 5: Of the world.
Speaker 7: I think those games are in there, but he's either gonna have to dust it off or show it for the first time.
Speaker 5: This feels like a title fight for me, and maybe I'm too insulated, right, but when I look at everything that's on the horizon, I've had this fight circled for a long time. I couldn't find just how far perth Wa was when I looked at the globe this morning. But this is huge RJ like, this is huge news in a division that is beyond relevant. So forced to make a prediction on this fight right now. Carlos Protest is minus one eighteen. I know our producer Cody Merral was surprised that Protest was slightly the favorite here. I am not Doug Kenny and I were not surprised that Protest was the favorite. But I mean, can you give us a prediction on this fight or do you feel like you're covering it too much?
Speaker 3: No, no, I'll give you. I'll give you a prediction.
Speaker 7: Put me on the spot on a Monday too. Well, those are the hard predictions. I don't know how you do it every week, Kenny the Monday prediction.
Speaker 3: But I think.
Speaker 7: I think as a general rule, As a general rule, JDM wins rounds and Protest wins moments and moments beat rounds in mixed martial arts. So again, I'm very curious to see what jdm's boxing looks like now he doesn't have to worry about uh fighting a guy who grew up in a single it. Yeah, but also like JDM hasn't been knocked out in over a decade and Protest hasn't won by anything but knockout since like before we knew what COVID was, so like, something has to give here. I think what gives is over the course of twenty five minutes, Carlos Protests can find that opening.
Speaker 3: And like Katy was saying, it's not just a right hand or a left hook, it's the elbows, it's the knees, it's the kicks.
Speaker 7: Like that's just it's just basically like kind of odds and math for me, Like that much time and that many different ways to finish it just seems like there's at some point that moment will be there and jdm's gonna, you.
Speaker 3: Know, face up. That's a little too much for him.
Speaker 7: I don't know what the smoking rules are our ac arena, but I think process, well, not right.
Speaker 6: After, but I do think r J you make a strong point. And this is why it's so confusing to me. And as I'm watching a lot of these fights, there's a few of them I just need to throw out, and it's all the ones that you mentioned, the ones against grappler, because I think JDM is way more hesitant and tends to try to sit back and counter and doesn't throw as much volume when he's facing a grappler. It's like, you know, like you said, I think it's a great way to put it. I think the shackles are going to be off to a certain point. But I also because Protest likes to lead the dance and because he's so long and likes to establish a lot of long range technique techniques. It comes down to whether Jack Delamodealana is going to back Proctice up or not. I think Jack is at its best when he's backing you up, when he's getting you to throw something as you move backwards, he's slipping his head and he's throwing three, four or five punches, you know, at your head or at your body repeatedly. And if he can disrupt Practice's rhythm, I think he's got a great chance. But you know the fact that he's not facing a grappler, I think we're going to see a different Jack than, of course we saw in his last couple of fights.
Speaker 7: Are you comfortable enough to say, if this fight goes ends by finish, it's Protests, If it goes to a decision, it's JDM.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty accurate.
Speaker 6: I would I would say that Practice certainly has a better chance of getting to finish, not then Jack doesn't. I just think Protest has a better shot at getting to finish. And but it all comes down to whether Jack let's Protest take advantage of him or not.
Speaker 4: Like you know, he could.
Speaker 6: Protest could easily get out to a three or four round lead and then survive, you know, seven minutes or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, both guys got a lot of hot you know, I really do believe that though. I think potentially if we get to a third round and beyond, it could be a Fight of the Year contender. I am, yes, wit and excited to watch Archie air you wheels up to Perth w A.
Speaker 3: Or no tomorrow evening.
Speaker 7: I am on my sixteen hour flight to Citney in Australia, three hour layover five hour flight to Perth, Australia.
Speaker 3: So thank god it's the main event that'll.
Speaker 7: Cure jet lag pretty quick because I think Perth is the farthest place on Earth.
Speaker 3: Yeah from where I ah, I don't think there's a place.
Speaker 7: I think Antarctica is closer to where I'm sitting right now than Western Australia.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I went there three times from the East coast, so uh oh, you're going Miami right? You still you got that six across the country to La or San Francisco. Yeah, so not all glamour in the television world, but this main event is just spectacular. You're getting the Q Man too, Quill and sal killed as well, so we wish you all the best on your travels. All right, guys, let us turn our attention if we could uh to UFC fight Now what are you laughing? Are you laughing?
Speaker 6: Because I can feel I can feel John's excitement for the fact that he doesn't have to be on that flight.
Speaker 5: Yes, so.
Speaker 4: I got to watch that from my couch.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Have you lost count how many times you've had to fly to Brazil? Have you lost counters?
Speaker 3: Don't have that?
Speaker 5: I was I I'm right, I think twenty nine. So I'm trying to get to thirty. But we don't seem to go to Brazil anymore.
Speaker 7: You get, like said steak knives or something. If you've got thirty places one, is this some kind of.
Speaker 5: A war yet? Like I mean, you remember in the Cambace and Global days we were going there six seven times a year, six seven times.
Speaker 3: You and Brian stan still heading down there.
Speaker 5: On the equator in Fort de Leaza for uh. Yeah, I a lot of fond memories, to be sure. All right. So I thought Kenny was laughing because it took me twenty two minutes to get to Skirling versus the law. No, my enthusiasm really like Jack Della coming off a loss like that too, I think is intangibly part of this fight as well. But yes, the protest stuff right, he's like feels like a top five UFC superstar and maybe the biggest knockout thread in the company with respect to Toporia right now. So yeah, I'm excited and I'm excited to watch it on Paramounts plus. All right, Aljamaine Sterling, RJ. I know you were impressed with this win and the violent nature of it. I mean, my goodness, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But it just feels to me like if this win can't be celebrated for all things, including its violence, then I just don't know what people are looking for. Maybe it's sturdy boxing or something. I don't know, but it's Aljamaine Sterling passing yet another featherweight test over use of zila. This time around, there was a ten eight in there, forty nine to forty five times three. Randal, I know you were particularly impressed with what you saw over.
Speaker 7: The weekend, blown away, blown away in that he it was. It was the Aljamain Sterling. We're used to creative takedowns, taking the back right always, always, You're always in danger when you're on the ground with Aljamin Sterling, especially coming off the movsar of Lawyer of Loss, where he kind of got out scrambled a little bit like that was I think because he got all the takedowns, but moves Are was able to get on top.
Speaker 3: I think that was mostly moves Are just being.
Speaker 7: Just such a physical bully. I think that played a really big part of it. So my big question was, like I thought that was the X factor, who's gonna win the scrambles, and.
Speaker 3: That was part of it.
Speaker 7: But I think the biggest thing that surprised me is how good al Jamin Sterliing striking has gotten as its own entity, because for the longest time his striking was kind of just like here's me killing time until I can get on your back. Right now, it's like it's a striking style that like I would never teach somebody or really like find as like a foundation. But he's made it work for him and it's been it's gotten so much better over the years, and it's not just, like I said, just kind of like just setting up takedown so that's always what he wants to do, but it's it's functional and it's working for him, and it's become its own, you know, It's we talked about all the time, like MMA is no longer who has the best Muay Thai wrestling in jiu jitsu, it's who has the best MMA. And I've rewatched that foot sweep that he hit on Zolal in round two where he was throwing his right hand to bait Zilol to throw his knee and then and then he just swept his the standing foot out from under him. I'm like that that is just just from game planning to technique, to every element of mixed martial arts.
Speaker 3: That was just beautiful. I'm watching a repeat one hundred times.
Speaker 7: It was great, and it's like, you know, really good fighters can stop your strengths. Great fighters turn your strengths into weaknesses. And that up knee by Zolaal is so dangerous and al Jo turned it into a liability. It's like, hey, if you throw that, you're on one foot and you're ending up with me on your back. So to be able to take away, because I thought Zolo fought pretty good, like other than.
Speaker 3: That spinning back up where he got taken down. Kenny, you tell me like, I don't think.
Speaker 7: There were like a bunch of critical errors from Zalal Really, I mean I thought he fought pretty well, but al Joe just had him scouted out, had him figured it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, Aljoe reminds me of saying that some is greater than its parts, and I think that, you know, with al Jo, the way he puts it all together U makes it makes him a very difficult out. And the other thing is people always disregard experience.
Speaker 4: A five round fight.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was really surprised that al Jo was that big of an underdog. And yes, the lall you know, has got a ton of momentum. Things like people forget how good Aljo is. It's like they forget that this guy was a great champion at one hundred and thirty five pounds.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think we're seeing this.
Speaker 6: Level of conditioning and cardio because he's not dealing with this massive weight cut and he's not short on strength at all. But you know, you really saw him take over in rounds four and five. That to me was the difference. You know, it's a really hard thing to prepare for, Like a five round fight is just a different animal completely, and then you have the lights, you have the main events, spotlight, all those things. It all favored al Jamain Sterling and I think Zallall will be a great fighter. I think he's gonna learn a ton from this and he may go on to be a champion. But at this point of both of their careers, Aljamain just had a huge advantage with all of his experience and intelligence, and uh Zilul just looked uncomfortable and al Jo pressured at the right time.
Speaker 4: It was just a lot of beautiful.
Speaker 6: Execution of tactics and strategy from Aljaminte Stirling, where Za Loul was just kind of fighting, you know, he was trying to figure things out. Al Jo knew exactly where he needed to go. The map was laid out, the plan was laid out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like what it's not so much to me. What impressed me the most was not so much what al Jo did. It's just what Zilal couldn't do, Like where were his up andees, where's his Osoto gari?
Speaker 3: Like he does all these cool things, and it was just not there.
Speaker 7: And to your point, getting he's just he just seemed uncomfortable, like he just seemed like Okay, I just got to revert back to like my foundation, so you know, like it's like Randy Contour always said, like, if you really get a wrestler hurting, he's just going to start wrestling. If you really get a jiu jitsu guy uncomfortable, he's gonna just fall back on what he knows.
Speaker 3: And I feel like zilaal was just so uncomfortable.
Speaker 7: He just like all the cool shit he's been developing, he just kind of reverted back to his original form. Like I don't know, like it's like the original Pokemon he got evolved and he's going right back to Squirtle.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: It's like and that's all credit. That's not I think it's all credits. Al Joe as opposed.
Speaker 3: This is a long kind of losing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. R J Clifford with us live on the Anakin Floran Podcast. Thanks to all of you being here on Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that managing his health, managing his energy systems in fight, all of that easier at one hundred and forty five pounds. And beauty's in the eye of the beholder, right when it comes to matchmaking, when it comes to the aesthetic of a given fight, when it comes to the relative fan appeal. I guess for Alexander Volkanowski versus al Jamaine Sterling, he was quick to put over movsar Ivloyev, whom he fought very closely. I don't know, RJ. What's a more interesting conversation for people, like what's next for al Jamain Sterling? Or how could and should he be more revered? Right, not that he's ever going to be as revered as dominant Cruz, but when you look on paper at what this man has done, I mean, first ballot Hall of Fame doesn't even begin to describe it. So I don't know what's the more in conversation, what's next or where this stacks up in terms of adding to a great legacy for al Jo.
Speaker 7: But the floor's yours, damn rarely put him on the spot here, Yeah, I mean you look at Aljiae like he's been in the top fifteen for like over a decade now, like just sustained excellence over the course of two weight classes, and to you know, two division champion is certainly within reach. I think so often he was purely remembered by so many in MMA, by those pyodr Yan fights and that DQ and the controversy, and I think just kind of how he leaned into it, I think didn't help his matters as much. But you know, winning cures everything, and winning with style points cures a lot of things. And I think if he just keeps winning the way that he does. And I had not seen this much love on my timeline of al Jamain Sterling ever after that performance, and I think it's taken a while for people to start kind of appreciate what he's doing because it's it's it's all in the nuance and sometimes that you know, that isn't turn into a great highlight reel, but he's starting to add stuff to the highlight reel that's that's also his nuance.
Speaker 6: Getting Yeah, based on what you saw, are J do you think that he is as far as the grapplers go, maybe between him and I Vloyev, do you think he's the bigger threat to Volkanovski, I think.
Speaker 7: Of I think of Vloyev offers like a one big factor of like grappling in top control that is like a real issue. You know, It's like it's like fighting a guy where you know who's better the guy who's an eight and a half at everything or guy who's a ten at something, you know. And I feel like with alasonder Volkanovsk he's like good luck out game planning him, like he might be the best twenty five minute fighters since George Saint Pierre. Like he's just scouting guys out and getting and figuring fighters out and being able to keep up that pace, Like that would be really fun him in Alergia because they're all kind of similar in that sense, but it sounds kind of boring. But of loyev man, like he gets in on that single leg or he gets body lock and he gets on top, like it.
Speaker 3: Is just it is just a rough place to be.
Speaker 7: So I think I am more intrigued by Alijio, but I think of looyev Is is.
Speaker 3: A he's undefeated, right, just doing doing what he does.
Speaker 5: So yeah, man, we're in an era of big fights. Nosordini Mava might have to wait because you had to strike and make Kamza Chimaya versus Sean Strickland. And I do think promotionally they feel like they gotta make Vulcan and I of loyev right, I mean Diego Lopez twice getting a fight for the belt after you have Loye beats him and now potentially you give out Joe the opportunity. But if we are in the era of making big fights, Volkanovski versus Sterling for me certainly qualifies as a super fight. Randall. I appreciate the extra time. Today we got to let you go. But the autumn wind bags. We look forward to the out of season content and we look forward to seeing you next Monday. Safe travels to Perth w A. And yeah, hopefully he can join us from an airport somewhere next Monday. We'll figure out a way to connect because uh it's Chimaia fight week coming up there.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no no no. I land three hours on Monday before you guys go live. I we're gonna be sleep here.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 7: I will here like an airplane, all right, eye's baggy, still probably drunk.
Speaker 3: I will be here.
Speaker 5: All right. Well, you pick your time slot next week. You're the man. Travel Safe, Thanks boys, rated RJRJ. Clifford with us every week here on the Anak and Florian podcast. Ray Longo coming up in sixty seconds. But before we get there, you know, last year for Mother's Day, I did give my mom an upgrade from the traditional flowers. I got her an Aura frame and this is the gift that has continued to give. So I got her wallets and candy and workout stuff in the past, but this Aura frame is omnipresent every day. Nothing she likes more than seeing moments and memories of her kids and maybe even more so her grandkids, I guess. But our A frames have free, unlimited storage. You can add as many photos and videos as you want. You can even preload photos, which I did actually before uping it out to your loved ones. Strongly recommend that. Then you can keep adding multimedia from anywhere you are. The Aura app, by the way, reach number one in the app store on Christmas Day last year. You can download that free Aura app or just text photos straight to your Aura Frame. Mother's Day's approaching, Ladies and gentlemen make it special with Aura Frames name number one by Wirecutter. You can now save on the gifts Mom's love by visiting Aura frames dot com and for a limited time, listeners and viewers of the Anticonploring podcast can get twenty five dollars off their best selling Carver mat frame with code af pod. That's Aura Frames dot com a U r A Frames dot Com promo code Afpod. Support the show by mentioning us at checkout. Terms and conditions apply. All right, it is a celebration Monday with the star of the Anaconplorian Podcast. Let's get to the Ray long a minute.
Speaker 8: It's now times the Ray Long Minutes, the Ray Long Minute, John Annik and Kenny Florian Podcast. It's now time for a Ray Longo minute.
Speaker 2: Oh help, man, I'm a little little cock guide. There we go, a little bit of.
Speaker 5: Ray up guys. Peter Longo, congratulations adding to your Hall of Fame legacy yet again. Yeah, just the way you drew it up. I mean, I thought it was just an incredible performance in a career full of them. For al Jamin Sterling.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Yeah, thank you, and Ben, hats off to al Joe Man. I mean, that was a that was a veteran performance. That really was in all aspects, even you know, talking to him after the fight, that that's a that's a that's a true veteran. And his grappling combined with the ground and pound perfect. He kept it I thought, as entertaining as you could possibly keep it on the ground and you know, I even spoke to Hunter Campbell briefly. I said, look, man, come on that that's good, and he goes, that's what I want. I like to see action down there. And you know, so even if it's in a grappling exchange, I think he gave everybody what they wanted. He kept that thing moving, and even when he was like double smacking him at the end, you could see. I don't know if that was just frustration of just wanting to hit him or just happy it was over, but you know, he made it entertaining. He really didn't. He was dominant, and I'm gonna say I'm gonna use the word veteran performance because I mean whatever round he was in the guillotine and he was on the ground, he just third third round, right, He said, Look, I'm gonna he just gave up the round. He wasn't going to expend the energy. And you know, whereas we might want him to reversion to get back to his feet, he's making those decisions. He's always had a good fight IQ. I think he showed it again in this fire against a scrappy kid. And I love Zalal and of course, Mark Montoya known those guys for years and you know, our kid's going a one hundred percent fee back he was on the Tampa. It was just I just did think al Joe matched up better, like I said last week, better than him every way. I just didn't. I really wasn't feeling I didn't feel threatened when I looked at everything. And you know, he did have a couple of explosive knees and he'd go with the calf kicks, but I saw it just as many things on the negative side too. So Aljae was just great. Great performance, man, great performance, and hats off to the guys that work with me. He really got a couple of young kids. I want to shout out Shane Collins, what a nice kid. The other kid that was in the corner, man, he gave him a great look during the shakeout. I mean really really out of his way, you know, because sometimes you know, you go in there, you want to give a guy a good look, you start getting hit, you go, fuck, I'm going back to the other thing, you know what I mean. It's hard to do that. But the movement, the knees up the middle, he showed him. I felt really comfortable after that. He's got the guy who's been working with matteas a young kid. Well, what's the name, what's I can't pronounce.
Speaker 5: Ellistic ash or whatever. He used to work with Jose Aldo for years. Kenny.
Speaker 2: He's just another nice, nice young kid. Everybody I think was vibe and I was able to walk in there at the last moment. I felt right at home with everybody. Yeah, good nice, nice people really and of course Morob. You know, it just makes my day whenever I see you know, he's just the best. So, uh, Aljo did a good job. He's you know, he's got a nice little support team and uh, that's all he needs. Man. He just Alja was always a guy. He just needs to know that people are with him, I think, and he's going to go out there and perform and do what he does. And I think that's what you saw. Men. Just I'm really I'm blown away by his performance because he is and you know he did say I believe he did tell me years ago like thirty we want to stop. And now he's thirty six. I think he's getting better. He's definitely smarter, and he's healthier. He's healthy, you know, which I haven't seen. Like Chris was always banged up. Al was banged up for years. Uh and Matt just you know, went to colon quits. He was really just I'm done. You know. Sarah's a unique individual in that way too. Uh. So al Jose he still got it, man. I think he's getting better. He's getting better because al Joe knows al Jo and he knows how to fight within himself. And you know we always say that, but I'm blown away, man by what he did. I really think that I am ready that was a pesty kid, you know what I mean, Like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, right, yeah, pesky, Yeah for sure. Kenny. So al Jamn Sterling is not a knockout artist, right, but his status as one of the most decorated on paper bantamweight champions of all time would seem to give him some traction in this conversation for a title shot. Now. I know, on the postfight they were talking about one more fight, and there certainly are many directions in which you could go. I mean, he could fight the Diego Lopez, Steve Garcia winner, there are names there at the top for al Joe. He wants that Movsar fight back in the worst way. But is there not a foundation right now to make Volkanovski versus Sterling, just based upon what al Jo did and could he not just maybe wait for that opportunity against whoever the featherweight champion, may be either a rematch with Movsar or Vulk.
Speaker 6: I one think that he could fight Volk in his next fight. I think that given his pedigree and what he's accomplished in the sport, being a former champion in one hundred and thirty five pounds and now having a lot of consistency against very good fighters at one hundred and forty five pounds guys that are good names, guys that are highly regarded. I think, no question he could fight Volk after Ivloyev and and perhaps you know, if Ivloyev loses, maybe they make that fight. You know, I don't know if he necessarily needs to fight the winner of Garcia and Lopez.
Speaker 4: You know, perhaps they do that too and push things down a little bit. But I think Algo is ready.
Speaker 6: I also think that as far as name power, he would be the guy to get the next one.
Speaker 9: So yeah, right, I'll tell you Jo, I am I'm not upset, but I mean it just they buried that fight on that card in the Apex.
Speaker 2: I think that that that would have been such a even if it was in a bigger arena, that would have just brought a lot more rye balls, I think, and I would have helped his case a little more. But I feel like it wasn't the best card and I think, you know, he kind of saved it at the end. I thought that, like again, it was a great performance and like him, don't like him, you gotta respect the guy. I mean, it's just the way it is. I think everybody's confused as to some of the criticism this kid gets. But for what reason. I have no fucking yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, and the upkicks, the leg kicks, Yeah, no, no, I just what I just find interesting is that you have grounds for a super fight. I think Masrievloyev should be next. You do vulcany Ofloyev right and Volco probably be a slight favorite. Whatever, Right, do that fight, see what happens. But I would think that you would want to just shelve Aljoe right now and potentially be able to promote a former champion trying to become a two division champion. And does he not deserve that can he like, I haven't even gotten to his wins list or the records hip.
Speaker 6: Well, especially for al Joe, who likes to take a little bit more time, you know, maybe because he is a little bit older. I still think he's in his prime. I felt great when I was at thirty six.
Speaker 4: But I think that this gives him that much more time to prepare and get ready.
Speaker 6: I think he likes that time off, So I think timing wise, it works for Al Joe and Ray. I would maybe you know, disagree a little bit in regards to his placement, and yes, if it was a bigger card, more eyes.
Speaker 4: Would be on him.
Speaker 6: But I think it was kind of a benefit to have him in that main event fight. He got the five round experience, he got to you know, you know, all the spotlight was on him, and of course because of the card, it wasn't maybe the most exciting card.
Speaker 4: That I thought.
Speaker 6: He delivered a really exciting fight, a highly technical fight against a very good opponent, So I think in a lot of ways it benefited him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well listen, the I think the small cage on benefited but he has five he does have five round experience, you know what. I mean so outsure. As he's getting older, I think he would rather speaking for him. But you know, he does like to take his time and you know the three round as you know, you squeeze it another two rounds at it a guy, you know, give him a break, but it does. It worked out great, It looked it worked out great. And uh, look, al Joe, al Joe has to be al Joe. When you force Aljoe into something, it's it's just not good if he's not on board with it, like and I'm not bringing this O'Malley thing up for that. But that's the reason he did not want to fight the fight. We all saw it. We all saw the negotia, we all saw what went on, and that's what happened. If you would have let Aljoe have his time and you know, dictate when that fight was gonna happen, which he deserved as a fucking champ with you know already on three title to fight, he would have won that fight. I guarantee you he would have won that fight. I know, I really know al Joe really well, and I was right there with him, and it just was a bad mental scene. And look, obviously everybody could say you're a CHAMPI you gotta do this, you gotta do that, you know. But he should have been able to dictate, you know, another couple of months. It wasn't. It was nothing unfair. It was fucking bullshit. They want to rush that fight. I mean, when do we seeing another guy jump in the cage like they had him. The guy's doing his speech and O'Malley's standing beyond what was you know, it was all the whole thing. When you go back and look at it was was fucking terrible.
Speaker 5: It really was.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. Yeah, and you know what he I'm glad like he said it. I mean, look, he's financially said, he's happy and it was a great night for him. But you let al Joe do what al Jo wants to do. He's going to be a problems.
Speaker 5: He has built a tremendous life for himself, a million pep and his Funk Harbor Rum seems to be doing really well. I just want to real quickly get to a few career stuff, Kenny Ray if I could so. John Jones has twenty two UFC wins. Al Jamaine Sterling now has eighteen. For some context, Aljamner Sterling's fourteen bantamweight wins are the most all time in the UFC, and twice against Pyoldrian, Henry Sahudo, TJ. Dillashaw, Pedro Munos, Corey Sanhagan, on and on. It goes anyone and anyone. And now you look at this three and one at featherweight, only lost against map sorr Ivloyev in a fight that a lot of people thought he won. Right. I understand that we're not in an era of simultaneous double champs anymore. But I just believe that when al Jo gets on a mic and says, put some motherfucking respect on my name, it actually comes from a place of humility, because if I were to title this episode of the show, I think my thesis statement on Aljo is like, put some motherfucking respect on this man's name. Like Domina Cruz might be my best friend in MMA, I'm trying to be best friends with Kem Flaw. I've been trying to be best friends with Kem Flow for a long time. Domina Cruz more accepting of the best for now. I'm just kidding, But dude, dom is so revered and rightfully so. But look at what al Jamaine Sterling has done. Like you know, that's why, like we don't give out lifetime achievement awards, But for me, if I could grab a minute with Aljo, I'd say, your next fight should be for the title. I don't care if it's twelve or fourteen or eighteen months from now, like you should fucking wait, you know that's what I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he should. I think he should as well.
Speaker 6: And and Ray, I think the big pivotal moment for me in that fight was, you know, him coming off that third round where he lost uh, and I was like, this is where we're going to find out what Alja is made of if he takes advantage of his experience. And boy did he take advantage of that experience. He went right as the law. He didn't give him any chance to breathe. He knew exactly how to manage that throttle for rounds four and five. And it doesn't matter how many five rounds you've done in sparring.
Speaker 4: If you haven't been.
Speaker 6: There in a fight, you don't know how to manage that throttle and how much you can actually push or take off the gas. And that's where Zilul I think was nervous, was unsure of himself, whereas al Joe knew exactly where he wanted to be, who he was as a fighter. And uh and I think that's where Zilal just kind of was unsure and Aljo took full advantage of it.
Speaker 2: Hi, Kenny, I agree one billion percent with That's funny because sometimes when we break down fights, it's this guy's got more experience, he's gone, but he proved it. Like you know, sometimes we say it, but you know, the guy's a little too old and he can't perform al Joe did it. I'm gonna harp on the word veteran performance because he really did pull from all his experience. And I agree with you one hundred percent because like even in the third round when he was taken off, he took off on purpose, so he knew, like it wasn't really coming from anybody in the corner. He knew exactly what he was fucking doing, you know, and he went out and like you said, he got that fourth round back in a big way, and then the fifth round was phenomenal to It's just just a great It's one of those things where you like when you say it was a guy with experience, Like again, I go back to it. He proved it, like he fucking proved everything you just said. And I do believes Alaal didn't have the five round experience and that could have played with his head too, because now you think, you know, like you just had a great third round. Who knows what would have happened if the fight was over there. Now we got two more rounds and this guy comes out. He's kicking your leg. He threw three kicks, and you know, I love, I love when out Joe kicks. I think he alluded to you. Doesn't want to think it.
Speaker 4: Was four bottle to the same leg.
Speaker 2: It was just bang, Yeah, yeah it was. It was just to me. It's a pleasure to watch it. Yeah, and he's still I swear to god, he's still got so much more ship standing up that he's never shown that. I don't know. I'm just still waiting for it to happen. But when he's when he's on like that, man's it's perfect.
Speaker 5: So Ray, while you were sleeping, I'm thinking about thoughtful questions for the Anakin Florian podcast. So I'm going to list five fighters for you guys, right, and one of them can't be in the Hall of Fame. Okay, in the context of Alja Man Sterling in my mind being a first ballot UFC Hall of Famer, And I'm giving you five guys who I think deserve to be in the Hall of Fame, just to sort of highlight what an amazing era it's been for the UFC's band weight division. Even though al Jo is competing at one hundred and forty five pounds, right, Domina Cruz is going into the UFC Hall of Fame this summer, right, So Dominic Cruz, al Jamaine Sterling, marab Dwala Schwilli, pyodr Yan, and Shan O'Malley. Now we have a one man voting body as far as I know for the UFC Hall of Fame, and that stay in a way. Right, But Kenny, am I not wrong in saying that all of those guys right potentially over the next ten years would get into the UFC Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean, don't even get me started on like pyodr Yan's case, right as a two time chance, like, don't eliminate pyoldr Yan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 6: This reminds me of you know, the Golden era, of boxing in the eighties where you had Leonard Hagler, you know, all the greats in that division, where all of them were just phenomenal. Or you know, we can go back to the heavyweight division when it was at its best with all the great fighters. So yeah, it is, uh.
Speaker 4: It's it's it shows how much.
Speaker 6: The sport has developed and how freaking good this VANDAM White division is.
Speaker 4: We talk about this a lot. Again.
Speaker 6: I think it may have surpassed the lightweight division as the most difficult. There's so much talent, so much variety of styles.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean, look at how good Cory sand Higgen is and he can't get a belt and may.
Speaker 4: Never get a belt against all these great fighters like it, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Many You can argue Shot O'Malley, who successfully defended the VANDAM waight title and who has a head to head winner for Pyotr Jan, maybe has the worst resume of the five guys that I.
Speaker 2: Would think it. It's not a not going o'melly, because you know, I do love his style, but yeah, I know I would think she'd be the weak Lincoln there for sure at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just interest.
Speaker 2: Plus he's a young guy. He's got a ways to go. So right now, you can't you can't think of putting them in. But he's got a long way to go to prove that he is going to be in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well now is not an AI formulated question, by the way, So there was some footage of a sports reporter asking some AI mechanism on her phone questions to ask a player after like a tough loss in Cody's now, Oh my gosh, Cody's writing to me that she had a stroke. I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Know I did, John Anick, I didn't know, thank god, thank god, thank god. Me and Kenny didn't make eye contact with you. We don't know what's going.
Speaker 5: On, So no, stop, all right, Sorry, I as a journalist, i'm particularly sensitive.
Speaker 2: To he didn't know. He didn't know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, broadcasters who I mean, there are a lot of broadcasters on TV who don't write their own stuff and have producers write their own stuff. Uh but uh yeah, hopefully we would all be in an era where we can, as more of an attack dog journalist, be investigative and doing our own question formation. But I apologize. I didn't realize there was a medical and now I feel What's what's.
Speaker 2: The difference between asking a You're asking a bunch of guys in the gym what their opinion is and getting something. What's the difference?
Speaker 4: I don't know what Cody just said.
Speaker 6: It Groc says in order of their candidacy one Volk two Dom three Yn four Algie, five Volks not even a Bantamway?
Speaker 4: What the hell is going on?
Speaker 5: Come on, Groc, get out of here anyway? Ray, Yeah, I got good news. I got vanilla bean. Yeah. Man, this is my favorite flavor.
Speaker 2: I'm freaking jet legged. I need to pick up and I'm here holding my ding down while you're fucking drinking your coffee.
Speaker 4: You gotta be holding a throne.
Speaker 5: If I don't get to your gym before my forty eighth birthday.
Speaker 2: Wait, when is that?
Speaker 5: That's July third?
Speaker 2: See like the wait first somebody put up al Joe's birthday was the thirty first. He was saying he was thirty six. Man, I think he's jumping the gun. I'd sucked out that thirty five for his many more. You see, when you're young, you can do that me. I want to. I'm sucking it out right till the last.
Speaker 5: Day now, you need throwing sport coffee.
Speaker 2: I need it.
Speaker 5: I freakingly need throw out your everyday routine. This is coffee that works as hard as you do, folks. Thrown Sport Coffee back by the legendary quarterback Patrick mahomes functional, better for you coffee made for active on the Gold Lifestyles. One hundred and fifty millions of natural caffeine in here, natural sweeteners, one hundred percent of your daily b vitamins as well. The lattes packed ten grams of protein. Cole Brews are low sugar dairy free. I got that lactose intolerance right, So this is a dairy free option that I'm showing you here today. Throwing Sport Coffee NSF certified for sport as well. You can find it in retailers nationwide including Casey's, Quick Trip and Whole Foods, or online on Amazon, Walmart, or their website directly Sportcoffee dot com. Throwing Sport Coffee. Get going, keep going, and soon I'm going to be showing up with cases of this stuff. Too long, goes Gym. Anyway, you know that's I think enough on Aljamain Sterling, is it not right? Like Kenny dissic. Go ahead, right, I.
Speaker 2: Know I'm looking at uh Cody just put up to al Joe's was born July thirty first, nineteen eighty nine. I think that's the year I had my first Jake boxing CHIMPI Jesus, I gotta get the fuck out of you. I cannot believe he was born in eighty nine.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: I mean it makes you feel better hanging out with Kenny Floorian born in nineteen seventy six, You know it.
Speaker 2: Makes me feel a lot better. It's the year the year I graduated in high school. At least that's a little closer.
Speaker 4: Eighty nine.
Speaker 2: I was booking in eighty nine. Holy shit, Oh god, were you getting old day for pussy's Kenny? Stay young, stay fucking young man.
Speaker 5: Were you born in the Roar in twenties? No, you were born.
Speaker 4: It must have been something before electricity?
Speaker 2: Right? Holy shit?
Speaker 5: Were you born in the fifties?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: I was fifties. I love telling people that I was born in the seventies. It makes them feel better that I So that's certainly enough on alta man Sterling, right. I mean Kenny was so respectful and disagreeing earlier with your assessment that somehow this might have been elevated by being on a numbered card. I would have said crazy either. I'm just no, I'm just saying underneath Joshua and Tatsu retire and HAMZACHIMAIAV and Sean Strickland, I don't know that it gets Monday Morning quarterback to death the way.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's anyway, very valid.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: But wait, and who made him the underdog in that fight? What's the matter with these odds makers?
Speaker 5: Well, hopefully you can buy your own thrown sport coffee because you loaded up on algia, did not.
Speaker 2: I'm not allowed to bet?
Speaker 5: What do you mean You're not allowed to bet?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought we weren't allowed to bet.
Speaker 5: Who were you asking? You're asking me, I don't asking, Well, who said you're not allowed?
Speaker 2: I don't know anything. I know. I didn't see a thing.
Speaker 5: Well, I would think that would have been a big opportunity. Uh. And it's so funny because our great All the Smoke social team posted something that you said that al Joe doesn't deserve to be the underdog and that you're backing him in the fight. And I think some of the comments were a little bit wayward, like people don't know, you're you're just assessing the mixed Martial arts, Like, obviously you're backing your guy, but you're certainly not the only one. I thought the betting line was out of whack, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean it is really bizarre. People are listening, People are people are crazy at this point, you know.
Speaker 5: Anyway, all right, so this weekend and Cody, if you could chase the viewing information time for the main card on Paramount Plus, that would be spectacular. Maybe it's standard prime time here in the States, but Ray Carlos protests Jack Della Maddelena. We'd first ask you who you think is the betting favorite, and ultimately we will need a pick in order for you to get on with the rest of your day. Main card seven am Eastern. Ah ah, let's go, I'll get my fuck.
Speaker 2: Wait what was the main cards?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Seven pm? Am am? Oh yeah, okay, we'll be watching it.
Speaker 5: You won't be watching that. Oh that's like right, and you go to bed like three, I mean four am. Just stay up watch Uh.
Speaker 2: I got a better shot at doing that than getting up and watching them. I'll probably be up at four.
Speaker 5: What about for the main card at seven Carlos protest walks about nine am. That'd be tough.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I'm getting my best sleep, like six to eleven at this point.
Speaker 8: Ha.
Speaker 5: So are you prioritize eight hours of sleep?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I tried to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what time's going to bed? Last night? You're all over the place today.
Speaker 2: Huh uh last night I did get to bed. I'm gonna say by one, which was good.
Speaker 6: All right, So I'm finally on the I'm finally on the West coast, and I have to watch your main card for it.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, that's the wait.
Speaker 2: The betting favorite I'm gonna take again? I would I would think it's going to be very close, but I would go with practice.
Speaker 5: They probably made the Benning brilliant analysis from Raymond. You're absolutely right, Carlos protests slight favorite right now minus one eighteen? Who do you like to win the fights?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, Like, in my head, it is a pick them. Uh. The other guy's coming off the loss. You know that effects him. I don't know. I love Jack Della Maulena, but uh, that's a good fight. I might have to go with.
Speaker 5: Practice on this interesting. Interesting seems to be a lot.
Speaker 2: Of it's a Pickam fight. I think for sure a.
Speaker 5: Lot of protest support out there. All right, man, well I'm glad you're back on the East coast. Another productive jaunt to the UFC Apex. What was the atmosphere like in the meta Apex? Seemed like some rowdy supporters for Aljo there.
Speaker 2: No, uh, I didn't think anything too uh okay, too rowdy. It's it's I tell you, it really is just an intimate setting, though it is.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: It's cool on that that respect. But uh, yeah, I don't know. No, I thought his his guys were good. Yeah, I don't think it was too rowdy.
Speaker 5: All right, buddy, Well we appreciate the time. Have a great day and a better evening. And uh, next Monday is a big one. UFC three twenty eight fight week, Newark City.
Speaker 2: All right, oh man, big time with you coming out.
Speaker 5: I will be their wheels to the waveles. Yeah, yeah, I'm here. I am about forty nine minutes I think from the rock right now.
Speaker 2: Wow. Nice, that's great.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Isn't that feel better?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I love living up here with all these New Yorkers. For a Boston guy, it's great, you know.
Speaker 2: I maybe we could do something special next.
Speaker 1: Better than.
Speaker 2: There you.
Speaker 5: I mean, getting that perth itinerary in an email is just straight anxiety.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy how that works? I don't blame you. I really don't blame you, right anyway, guys?
Speaker 5: Oh god right, congratulations every week here on the Ankaporan Podcast. And it's too mean to ray fucking.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I think it really worked out for Aljoe having the spotlight. Is there anything else that you would like to talk about? It seems as though Joscelyn Edwards now is Yossele and Edwards. I just called a fight of hers a few weeks ago. Uh, whinning streak is no more.
Speaker 4: I was heartbroken and all a lot of different ways, you know.
Speaker 5: You know, I was.
Speaker 6: Tempted to kind of split that thousand and kind of go have these on Al Joe to maybe make a little more money. I thought Norma was gonna win that fight, like you know, Joscelyn Joscelyn Edwards. I don't know, she fought well, you know, she was a little bit more active, but I thought that was a big, big fail by big norm.
Speaker 5: There you go, there you go. Eleven decisions across the thirteen fights at UFC Fight Night Stirling versus Allow and big things of course coming up this weekend. UFC Fight Night Della Mattelena versus Protests or ac Arena in Perth, Wa, one of my favorite places to go. I just wish you could knock me out for the forty one hours door to door, Kenny. We got two quick breakdowns today and then we'll get to the bets Co main event at lightweight. Widespread quill and Sal killed minus four seventy. Ooh, widespread panic. That's the name of a band, is that right? That might be a no, A good call one time if an underdog comes through. If Banil Dariush wins, widespread panic as Quillan Sal killed gets choked unconscious in his native Wa. All right, quill and Sal killed minus four seventy Banil Darius plus three sixty. So dar Usche was to face Manuel Torres at UFC three twenty seven earlier this month in Miami. Torres pulls out and now Benny Darusse putting his number twelve ranking on the line against WA's own Quillin Salkild, who is four and ohero in the UFC twenty six years of age. He is all the rage can flow. Quill and Sal Killed, Bino Darusse. What do you see?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: I think that sell Killed certainly is the favorite. I don't know if he's that big of a favorite. I think Benil does have some value there. Obviously, he hits hard. Uh, he's excellent on the ground. I think that's where Seal Killed, you know, has won a lot of his fights on the ground. I don't think he would have a huge advantage against someone like Daryush unless he's.
Speaker 4: Able to get that top position.
Speaker 6: However, you know Darius's chin, his durability has not been what it used to be.
Speaker 4: And I do think Seal Killed is the.
Speaker 6: More dangerous striker, the more skilled striker, and he's better defensively. So I like Sal kild in this spot. I'm not sure it's worth, you know, the odds necessarily, but yeah give me.
Speaker 5: Selfe yeah, massive number, all right, A lot tighter on the main event. As we have spent a lot of the show discussing today, one of the biggest fights of the year. Protest was minus one fifteen now minus one eighteen Della matt Alena close to even money. So Dela Mattlena failed in his bid to successfully defend the weltsweight title against Islami Kashev last November and UFC three twenty two. And you know, to say that left some sort of taste in his mouth would be the understatement of the year. I would imagine that for Ben Vickers, his coach and everybody else, it is just all systems go, all chips in the center of the table, heightened sense of sort of focus in preparation, and I expect a great effort out of Jack. Della made lane at the question for me, as you know, can these other elite welterweights hold up underneath that type of weaponry over twenty five minutes? Now is the time we'll need a prediction on the main event.
Speaker 6: Can flip well, I may be all out of bullets John, We've been talking to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, I just made a pick.
Speaker 4: No, you know what. But there's a couple other things I do want to mention.
Speaker 6: You know, the fact that it is in Australia. I think that that definitely can play a factor in this fight. I think the other thing is, you know, their motivation heading into this fight. Jack, I think you know, wants to come back and come back strong, get a great win in his home country and then proctes.
Speaker 4: You know, some people may be you, does this guy buying into his star status? Is he maybe taking his foot off the gas with training and all that stuff. I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 6: I think he understands that he's been getting a lot of great fights going his way and he is very close.
Speaker 5: To a title shot.
Speaker 6: So coming up big in in enemy territory would be huge for him in his career. And I think that if he is the guy that is pursuing, if he is the guy that is leading the dance, I think he wins this fight.
Speaker 4: I think Jack is fantastic.
Speaker 6: I think there's some value on his side, no question about it, especially if he is the guy that's moving forward. But it's going to be really difficult to do against a long, lanky, potent striker like Carlos Protest. So I'm gonna go with the Brazilian here.
Speaker 5: Wow, we'll be watching nice and early combat and coffee on Paramount Plus. Sorry Ken flows Betts coming up in sixty seconds. But speaking of which, the NBA Playoffs are here. Draft King sports Book, unofficial sports betting partner of the NBA, brings the excitement to every game day the entire postseason. When the lights get brightest, the best players in the world show you acutely who they are. Playoff Stars turn it up round by round, and DraftKings turns it up right there with them from the first round all the way to the NBA Finals. You can bet player props, bet live, and only DraftKings sports Book keeps you in the action all the way through. Also this for new DraftKings customers, bet just five dollars and you will get one hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Just download the DraftKings Sportsbook AP use code af pod so you're ready for the moment. That's code af pod turned five bucks into one hundred in bonus bets instantly. In partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or one eight hundred my reset New York call eight seven seven eight hope end wire text hope Enn Why Connecticut call eighty eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot or go behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wager tax passed through may apply an ILLINOI twenty one plus in most states, foot and Ontario restrictions APPLYED Bonus bets its fire seven days after issuance. For additional terms and responsible game and resources, see DKNG dot slash audio limited time offer. So I don't know what the Guinness Book of World Records is for these super fast talkers who can get through like a thirty second spot without flubbing. I don't even like my chances, but it is hard to read quickly without flubbing. And I'm not an auctioneer. Cody taking shots at me? Call me an auctioneer? Is that a back one of those backhanded compliments? Twenty five thirty five? Heah, Kenny, would you like me to update your results from UFC Fight Night? Sterling? Versus we can?
Speaker 4: We can skip over that if you like. Now go ahead that shit. I'm proud, let's do it.
Speaker 5: It was Big Joss over Big norm Why am I seeing the repack screen right now? He's placing bets code. Thank you there. It is minus four hundred for the week, So it was Big Joss over Big Norms. So minus seven hundred and fifty dollars there, But an I hit on Aljamin Sterling at plus one forty brought you back a little bit. So you're today. You know we're in the red minus twelve hundred bucks and change. But there's a wide open sports book at your disposal, and you have a thousand dollars pennings to uh UFC fight night. Tell them Atlanta versus protests. What's my French?
Speaker 10: I'm very hesitance here, make a big ditch match. I like you, Carlos Pratch gotta putch. We're gonna putch one.
Speaker 4: Thousand jawlish on Carlis Pratch.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: That's how confidance I am.
Speaker 5: Wow, all right, let's go man, so protests minus one eighteen when Ken Flow drops the band.
Speaker 4: On him, Oh nervous, Oh yeah, let's do it? Why not?
Speaker 5: It's I mean, I feel like you've just heard me keep saying, like, dude, how's anybody gonna fucking hold up on a twenty five minutes underneath Carlos protests? But no, I mean it's early in the week, right, All the betting lines are out there, the proposition markets aren't yet open, so uh we'll see how it goes this weekend. But uh yeah, Ken Flow certainly likes Carlos protests. As chances as such puts the thousand dollars on protests all right, before we get on out of here. Whoo can we draw a whale please? In this repack situation. So Fight Repacks power by Collectibles dot Com. So here's how it works. You secure your pack, rip it open and inside as an authentic graded UFC card. From there, you can keep it secure in your online vault. You can ship it home to your collection, or you can move it right back instantly, Yes, sell it right back to Collectibles dot Com. Chase is real. A lot of big hits on this website already. Alex Bedetakabibnrmgo, Madam Shan O'Malley and so many more of the biggest names in the sport. If you love mixed martial arts the way I do, and you love the anticipation, the unveiling championship level stakes, this is your moment. Homo Fights Cards Homo fy Cards dot Com. But you can also just download the Collectibles dot Com app. That's how I access all these cards because sometimes the biggest wins don't happen inside the octagon. Homo Fight Cards dot Com. All right, Kenny Floory and locked and loaded. Damir Is Magoulab was a popular draw last week. Let's see if we can uh turn that is Magoulav into maybe a uh a Kayla Harrison or something. All right, can't flow your up first, kid.
Speaker 4: I'm up first.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: What do we got? Shout out to my buddy David who got the p s.
Speaker 6: A ten Conham McGregor doing the repacks, by the way, he was pretty pumped what we got here.
Speaker 5: This is the problem. That's demir Is Magoulav. It is goodbye p s A ten. We love demir as a fighter. It's just not what Kenny, right, I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking to spread my investments elsewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's interesting. Yeah, divert kamire Is Magoulav three times in the thread. So all right, Kenny's gonna purchase again, and he's gonna see if he can reel something in. And I have some cards in my collection that will be given away to listeners of the anacon Florian podcast. Carla Ascarza a black and white autograph card. Okay, I'll read say nine. So the buy back is forty four dollars. Interesting proposition. This is a twenty seventeen upper deck Goodwin Champions Kenny Black and White Asparza autograph. I'm gonna sell that Ken Flow is gonna sell that back, getting forty one eighty eight back on his sixty dollars. And part of this is to give you guys the knowledge of this, right, So I end up when we get off the air, I spend all day in here, right, and I get a little bit addicted, and the collectibles dot com charges are coming in. But no, if you don't necessarily want to repurpose the card, right, you just sell it right back and then that forty one dollars goes back in the can. And then you try to reel in a big one. You know, I got greedy. I sold an Algamain Sterling autograph card back, and I got a Dan Murkley auto card on the next draw. I love the big Tan, but I was trying to get a car that was worth sixteen hundred bucks. All right, here we go. I'm a fight mma repacks. I got two draws today. Let's go. Oh yeah, look at that XPR balance. I'm gonna spend all of these as soon as we get off the air. No whammies, no wammies, Bruno Fhajeda. We like the Hulk. We don't love the PSA eight, but ooh, one hundred and twenty four dollars, Yeah, you could do some hi back solid hit, it says, that's so Hulk. What am I supposed to do with that? Twenty twenty five tops chrome Bruno phajeeded, this is the biggest hit we've had as yet on the program Red Refractor PSA eight. But they're saying solid hit. We're just gonna chill on that. Okay, whoa Nate's telling me to sell it and get two cards. Can't I sell it after we get off the air. This is too much pressure right now, live naked, but yeah, I probably should. All right, let's just buy it now. Now I'm getting anxious. But we got a big hit on the Bruno Fajeda all right, solid hit, not a big hit? A solid hit?
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: We gasp? Premium on leaded only ninety three the Polar Bear Sergey Spivak Oh PSA nine buy back is going to be fifty bucks or so, we're gonna sell that. We're gonna sell that right back, code blue, We're gonna code read that, all right, all right, Okay, I feel good about my Bruno the Hulk Fajeda. He just lost the rematch to RoboCop Hobo Cop. Yeah, all right, well we'll see. I'm gonna go into the Collectibles dot Com application uh later today. I actually am going to go to a card store in armanc, New York. Here in the next little bit, I dug up some garbage pail kids, and I'm gonna see if they're EXU. All right, we gotta get out in here. Thanks to our all the Smoke Fight family, thanks to Cody Marrow, Nate Bronson, thanks to r. J. Clifford and Ray Longko, Jason Annick, everybody else. We are right back with you to recap Della Mattelana and protests come Monday, and then of course we will get you ramped up for UFC three two h you maya versus strict. Then, thank you all for being here for subscribing. We'll talk to you next Monday. Until then, have a great day and a better even gold It