Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. It's listener Q and Daytime with Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Time for some questions from listeners. Lunchbox is joining me.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Lunch What up? I'm awake? Not a lot of America is awake on a Saturday this early, but you know what I mean us people that work hard, grind, you know, grind to the stone, nose of the stone.
Speaker 3: Missy from Illinois. Lunchbox is the only reason I listen.
Speaker 1: That's why I Missy Illinois smart probably knows my cousin Michelle, she lives in Illinois.
Speaker 3: Cherylyn and New Mexico said hello and I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Hello, Thanks, appreciate what's her name?
Speaker 3: It's spelled Charlyn, but like I think it's like, I don't know I said it right the first time.
Speaker 2: I think Carolyn.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's Carolyn Cherylyn, Carolyn shut where she live New Mexico. Nice, We love you too. Always my favorite when you tour together.
Speaker 2: S l in for Life. That's from Tracy.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tracy, You're so smart. S l in for Life.
Speaker 2: That's this podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know if I figure people knew that already.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to know, good good call. Do you watch?
Speaker 3: Would you want to do the Special Forces reality show Kiara and Hawaii.
Speaker 1: I've seen clips of it. No, I wouldn't want to do it. It's not really that cool to me, like I want to. There's no I guess there's no strategy, right, Like, it's not you know, I don't think you.
Speaker 2: Vote people knowing how tough you are, Right.
Speaker 1: Everybody already knows how tough I am. I need to be. I want to vote people.
Speaker 3: That's like survival, though I don't know that. I think you would last for a few weeks. I don't know that you would last the whole game.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it's even a game, like do you win something? I don't know how it works or is it just don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it might just be like Tough Forces.
Speaker 1: I want a game where you're lying to people, trying to get people voted out, trying to win a certain amount of money. That's what I want. I mean that that game. I mean, I'm sure that shows really hard that it looks to I mean, some of the stuff they do, I haven't watched much of it, so I don't know exactly what they do, but I think I've seen them doing a rope across water one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's pretty like hot.
Speaker 1: I think one of them dropped out of a helicopter.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I think it's really like it's like if you're in the Air Force or like Navy or Navy coe type time stuff to my knowledge, but I've never watched it either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, I'm not really that's not really like sort of like what is it called Naked and Afraid or Survive.
Speaker 2: Man, Survivor you win money, right.
Speaker 1: Survivor you win money, but like Naked and Afraid and things like that, where you're just you.
Speaker 3: Want to win money if you're going on the reality TV show, unless it was Real World.
Speaker 1: Which you love, correct, But then that leads you to the challenge where.
Speaker 2: You win money. Yeah, ultimate goals.
Speaker 3: So this leads us to Susie's question, if you could be on any one reality show, what would it.
Speaker 2: Be this point in your life. I know you've had different levels of that.
Speaker 1: Gosh, that's tough. See this is gonna this is gonna be tough right here. This is a tough call. See because I want to be on Survivor so bad, so.
Speaker 2: Bad, Like that would be your end all be all?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, but then would the challenge be my end all be all? Because if you're on the Challenge, you get to come back season after season after season.
Speaker 2: After season guarantee.
Speaker 1: Not a guarantee, but if you're on Survivor. Guess what. Some of the Survivor people get go to go on the Challenge now because there is no real world so they don't have anywhere to pick from these people.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're picking from other reality shows. Oh man, Then I would.
Speaker 3: Say, like, Survivor is the one that you really want to be on it? It feels like Survivor would be the call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Survivor would be the call at this point. Survivor would probably be the call at this point. Okay, I should probably train for it.
Speaker 2: You should, and you should try out for it.
Speaker 1: I should train.
Speaker 2: I think if you actually audition for it, you would make it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what everybody thinks, long long time ago that I think I told you this. The host Jeff Probes, him and my dad went to high school together.
Speaker 1: Are they friends? No?
Speaker 2: I don't think they're still friends.
Speaker 1: Were they friends in yeah, like in high school.
Speaker 3: It was a small high school. It was like in southeast Kansas.
Speaker 2: He said he was nice, he was a good guy.
Speaker 1: So how did you Probes get to Hollywood?
Speaker 2: It was my dad told me.
Speaker 3: He's told me the story of like uh when he went to college. I think he was starting to study that and I think I could be butchering that story.
Speaker 1: It's a good story, though, I should look that up. I didn't realize that you and your dad in Prose were I.
Speaker 2: Have to ask my dad next time he's in town because he'll remember it.
Speaker 3: I have to.
Speaker 1: I had to maybe in my audition. But you I'll be like, yo, Jeff, I know you know Hughesman.
Speaker 2: They're not friends anymore, but they were friends in high.
Speaker 3: School, you know from and I'll shout out his high school. How fast can you run a mile? This is compared to Abby's because we asked Abby this question. So Julian and Kansas wants to know, oh.
Speaker 1: Right now, how fast? I have no idea how fast I can run a mile right now?
Speaker 2: You don't ever record it?
Speaker 1: No, I mean I haven't done like a like a timed like personal mile in a long time, like My fastest mile ever is for twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight And when was that? Like how long ago?
Speaker 1: Was that my senior year of high school?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, we needed we needed you to time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but I mean.
Speaker 3: That's that's really fast for in general, I think my fastest mile is like nine minutes.
Speaker 2: I hate running. I hate running so much when we used to.
Speaker 1: Do the mile, I'd have to look at the paper.
Speaker 3: When we would do like the mile tests in school, like I would fake sick so often.
Speaker 2: I hated that test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was weird. Like we had to uh for soccer. I don't know if it was under a six minute under six and a half minute mile to make varsity. And so I would finish my mile and then I had to run across the track and pace people the last three quarters of a lap so they could finish. I could tell I could you know if like they were slowing down and be like, no, you need to stay on me, get on me, because.
Speaker 2: Do you want everybody on the team right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I could run. I mean I could run a hole in the wind. I mean I could run. I was so good.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, next time we get back to us, do like see now because you still run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still run. I've been running as much just because I mean, it's been busy, it's been hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're getting into fall.
Speaker 1: Oh, we are getting in the fall. And you know what happens in fall, leaves change, it's cooler.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't really know where you're going with that.
Speaker 1: And daylight savings, which sucks.
Speaker 3: Well, next time you're on Best Bits, we'll watch your time. What made you get into radio, Laura and Missouri?
Speaker 1: Well, I I always wanted to be famous. Like from a young age, I knew I was gonna be famous. I knew I was not going to work at nine to five, just going to school sitting in a desk. I was like, this sucks. This sucks. And I saw people wearing suit and ties sometimes like and they go to work like that, and I'm like, God, that has to be the worst experience of your life getting dressed up every single day, because I hated getting dressed up. I wore a T shirt and jeans to school every day in high school, every day in college, in probably middle school, and I probably wore some you know, not jeans, but you know, get my point. And my buddy erin in high school. He's like, dude, like what are you doing? Like you got to start dressing up or you're never gonna get any chicks. I was like, bro, look at me. I'm good. And he really had to sit down talk with me, shout out Aaron hope, Aaron Smith's doing well. I can text him right now if you want me to. He's probably so sleep. And then I was just like, man, I'm gonna be on TV. I thought I was gonna be on the real world and then my career would take off. And then I met Bobby at the bar and he was like, hey, man, we need to get women to go to our website. Do you think you'd want to join the show?
Speaker 2: That is not what he said. Yeah, women to listen and you work out.
Speaker 1: No, women to go to the website to see what I looked like, you know what I mean. They wanted to see what this machine was all about. And so that's when I got into radio. And I didn't know, like I didn't really understand you could have a career in radio. I didn't know you could how long it could last. I was like, ah, I'll do this for six months and then I'll go, you know, be on TV or something, and.
Speaker 2: You thought it was gonna be short lived, and now here you are.
Speaker 1: Well, I had no idea. I didn't realize that people were on the radio that long because, like I growing up, it's not like I listened to the radio and I had like a favorite radio show and I listened all the time, and I'd call in and be like, hey, YoY kinny kid, you know, like can I get a song on? I never did that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, we're gonna take a quick break. Let me ride back.
Speaker 3: All right, new boy mom here. This is from Lindsay and Virginia. She wants to know the best part about raising boys.
Speaker 1: Oh, the best part about raising boys. Holy crap, the fart jokes, the burps, the the I mean, just the humor. I think the fart and toots and the all that humor is really funny. U sports is really fun. And wrestling. I love getting like getting to wrestle. That's great. I don't know if girls do that because I don't raise girls.
Speaker 2: So never wrestled a lot, but it was not it was not important enjointment.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but like they like to wrestle me. But I don't know if like girls wrestle their dads, like, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I play wrestle with my dad. Did Yeah, okay, but I was kind of the I was. I was the makeshift boy, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Were kind of like a boy. So I would say that, you know what I mean, like, and I don't have to worry about them getting pregnant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you do have to worry about them getting people pregnant. Correct, Okay, correct, make sure we're training that.
Speaker 1: I understand that, I understand that part. But they can't get pregnant. So that's good.
Speaker 2: What has parenthood taught you?
Speaker 1: Oh man? That I need patience, that I've got to learn how to be patient. I've never been patient my entire life. Ever, Patience is not my thing and it's still not my dang, and I need it because I get upset and I get up. But some days I have patience, but I need patience.
Speaker 2: You've gotten more patience.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have. I don't know if I have. Okay, I really don't know if I have. I really wish I have. I wish I could come out here and be like, yeah, I'm so patient all the time. No, No, it's just not true. That'd be lying to you and the listeners in all of America. Patience is what I need. I need patience.
Speaker 2: Anything else that's tell you.
Speaker 1: Then I can keep three people alive. I mean that's pretty impressive. Like I really had no idea if I'd be able to keep them alive. Like I was just like, I don't know if I'm gonna know how to do this, and I don't know what they're gonna want. It's really you know, And what's cool is they're not gonna die. Like if they don't eat like a meal or two, it's fine. If you just give them like any bars for a meal. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's probably not the healthiest choice.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say it was the healthiest choice, but it's not like the end of the world. Like if they they want to have if they want to have three pop tarts for dinner, Like why fight it?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Why do you hate on Morgan so much? That's from Vicky.
Speaker 1: Huh Vicky aka Morgan, good little send to your question to yourself there, I don't hate on Morgan at all. Morgan, When do I ever hate on you?
Speaker 3: You hate on me all the time, all the time, always have something to say about everything in my life.
Speaker 2: When I talk about personal things.
Speaker 1: No, I just have points of view. I just have questions. I ask you know, I just want to be stay informed. I don't think I hate on you. I just I look out for you.
Speaker 2: You put it under a guise of looking out for me. Yes, but you like what name one?
Speaker 1: Name one VICKI I mean Morgan.
Speaker 2: You it is Vicky. I can show you the question.
Speaker 1: No, I know, you can type it on your computer all you want.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying I can show you submitting it that I don't know. I don't I don't feel like a lot of it's hate feeling. A lot of it's very brotherly, honestly, like hold on, I said, you attacked me from a brotherly point of view, Like it's very aggressive. But I don't know if it's necessarily hate.
Speaker 2: You do hate on.
Speaker 3: Abby, but for me it's I think it's more an aggressively brotherly supposed to be version.
Speaker 1: And I don't hate on Abby. There's only one thing I hate on Abbey for and we all know it when she tries.
Speaker 2: To Okay, there sing was on a happy note.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're happy, your hands happy, happy, happy, Happy Happy. You know that song?
Speaker 3: Yes, I know that song, but you are a little bit offbeat there. Yeah, you did get on the other one, but not that one than you. Tanya wants to note for me, what's my favorite vacation so far?
Speaker 2: And for you? Did you catch any soccer games when you were in London?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Did I get to catch any soccer games in London? No? Because the Premier League started the weekend after I left.
Speaker 2: That would have made you like London.
Speaker 1: We were one week off. I mean, just great job by us. Very sad to go all the way over there and not see a soccer game or a match whatever you want to call it if you're in England called a match. So no, I did not get to see soccer. But I did see some little kids playing in the park like they had a game, and I wanted to see if they were really good, and I was like, I'm gonna go watch them, and my wife said creepy, So I didn't watch.
Speaker 2: It's pretty creepy because none of those are your kids.
Speaker 1: Right, But I want to see the skill level.
Speaker 2: I hear you.
Speaker 3: But I do think that would have made you like London more if you gotten to go to a soccer game. Yeah, I think that would have been the tie between the two, honestly, because as much as you love soccer, getting to see a Feign soccer game, I would.
Speaker 1: Have loved it because their crowds are crazy and they do chants the whole time, and it's like, but just didn't work out, guys, didn't work out. What's your favorite vacation.
Speaker 3: I think my favorite vacation so far was just it was probably the trip that I took with my parents when we went to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons and we did like four national parks honestly, just because of the grand scheme of how much we did. I'd love to do another road trip like that someday where we hit a bunch of national parks. I think that one's taking the top spot still, just because of the fact also that Titon's is my favorite place. Yeah, so that one's waiting so far. I'm waiting for another one to take over. I think Lakeshire National Park will probably take that.
Speaker 1: But okay, well, I don't know what lake Sure and auction pressure is, but.
Speaker 2: I think Lunchbox is clutching. We gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a great weekend radio lunchbox on all the social sore Losers Nation. Please listen sore losers. We need you, We need you to listen to Sore Losers.
Speaker 2: Bye, okay, bye everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go take a nap. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms yes and followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.