Speaker 1: The Just Baseball Show is presented by BETMGM. If you haven't signed up for BETMGM yet, use bonus code just Baseball and you will get up to a fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer on your first wager with BETMGM. Here's how it works. Step one, download the bet MGM app and sign up using bonus code just Baseball. Deposit at least ten dollars, and place your first wager on any game. Step three, you'll receive up to fifteen hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet loses. Just make sure to use bonus code just Baseball when you sign up. First bet offer for new customers only, subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards are non withdrawable bonus bets that expire in seven days. In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel US promotional offers not available in North Carolina, New York, Nevada, Ontario, or Puerto Rico. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler. Available in the United States call eight seven seven dash eight dash, hope and Why, or text hope and Why to four six seven three six'. Nine In New, york call one eight hundred next step In. Arizona one eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero In, massachusetts one eight hundred bets off In, iowa one eight hundred NINE a one zero zero two three In Puerto. Rico or visit one eight hundred gambler dot. Net that's www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net In West. Virginia don't. Forget if you haven't signed up FOR betmgm, yet use bonus Code Just baseball and get your fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer Today.
Speaker 2: Sat Lakes, By we will see.
Speaker 1: You tom's The Gunner Welcome laming hang.
Speaker 2: Out we got to figure out what to call the people to watch and listen to The Just baseball. Show Like Jim rome has the clones, Right it's, like what's up? Clones, Today we've got like it's just the Classic. Cadence so, UH i know part of my take is the. AWLS i will think of, something but today is get the fingers ready the weekend around.
Speaker 1: Where we recap every game that was over the past. Weekend it's. Funny i've also thought about, that AND i can't come up with any good ideas because our name is pretty standard The Just Baseball, show and we. HAVEN'T i don't know if we've worked out like a specific bit to call our amazing. Listeners, NO i.
Speaker 2: THINK i think a year in or maybe two years, in like we could have done a play on some sort of Like adrianza type, thing but, uh it's just not the case anymore because he's been out of the league for a.
Speaker 1: Minute so the, fighting the fighting, quantrills that's. Long it's. Awful so what we'll keep. Moving we have The weekend.
Speaker 2: Roundup we were going to recap every single series that was In Major League baseball over the course of this.
Speaker 1: Weekend it was.
Speaker 2: Fun it was like sort of kind Of Rivalry, weekend which is of course presented By booking Dot. Com never forget that THAT Mlb Rivalry weekend is presented By booking Dot. Com like half of it was THE Al rivalry, series the A nl so like we had The Freeway series and THE citu, series, YadA, YadA. YadA but then some of it was just normal old. Baseball so excited to chat about all. That but before we get into any.
Speaker 1: Series Crack crack once a day play our free to play BET Mgm swing for The fences. Game for a chance to win daily. Prizes plays the batter and pick an area of the strike. Zone if your batter gets a, hit you win a. Prize remember to use code Just baseball on betmgm to not only unlock that first bet offer where if your first bet, loses you will get up to fifteen hundred dollars back in bonus, bets but it also unlocks this great game where you get free prizes as soon as you get on the. App code just baseball AND betmgm make a, Legendary, jack make a Legendary.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to. Crack do we have anything else that we want to talk about?
Speaker 1: Here you just.
Speaker 2: Had yourself quite a laborious weekend, physically but we could get into the first series if you, want or do you want to tell us about how your weekend WITH.
Speaker 1: I don't CAN i quickly highlight the weekend that was in college baseball college baseball right? Now if you aren't routinely turning on THE espn app because now you, know of course it's a new, app WATCH espn and turning on these, games you are missing the best baseball we've seen since The World Baseball. Classic and MY i say it might be even. Better This Mississippi state Versus georgia. Series it was only two games in The Super regionals right. Now georgia just punched their ticket To, omaha a thirteen to twelve banger of a, game and then the game to Get georgia To omaha it was another extra innings. Banger every single one of these, games you're either seeing, walkofs you're seeing back and forth just chess, matches and the arms you could tell they're running out of gas a little. Bit so every game is incredibly high, scoring and then the ones that aren't high scoring are the great pitchers, duels and you're seeing so much talent across the. Board every guy in the bullpen is throwing load amid to upper. Nineties the starters for all of these, teams the guys, offensively they're hitting it four hundred and fifty feet with. Ease i'm telling, you if you haven't Watched supers, yet make sure you're watching the final eight In. Oma it is wonderful baseball. Wonderful and the guys on our college, show The College Baseball, Show, yeah such a great job recapping all of. It so if you need a little bit of some of those, refreshers make sure to go check out that podcast and make sure to go watch some college. Baseball it's been. PHENOMENAL i can't even overstate. It it's so much.
Speaker 2: Fun college ball is in a really fun spot right now because you see the top of the draft and you see the first round talent and a lot of these teams that are in the supers and a lot of these teams going To. OMAHA i, know Obviously Rock chalowski's, bounced but, like you see a lot of these talents and, say oh, yeah it is totally transferable to professional. Baseball we're seeing a higher level of college baseball than we have ever, seen AND i think there's like a sentimental value to at least me. Personally WHEN i watch college. BASEBALL i think back To Dansby swanson At vandy And Alex bregman AT, lsu and those are the teams THAT i. Remember and you, know in ten, years we're gonna be sitting here saying you remember when.
Speaker 1: You watch At Georgia, Tech like that's, legit. Dude right now we're watching two of the two best players in this same state In. Georgia you got Von lackey For Georgia tech who might end up going number one. Overall and then you Have Daniel, jackson who just had his thirty first home run this year as a catcher and has twenty five stolen. BASES i think he's gonna win The Golden spikes this. Year This georgia team is. Incredible This North carolina team is. Incredible the top two seeds already got bounced by teams Like Little rock And Saint. John's it's the. Best it is the best. Baseball And i'll be, honest When i'm turning on THE tv these days and you're telling me college baseball is on versus AN mlb, Game i'm turning on the college. Baseball it's just so fun right.
Speaker 2: Now and it was fun to see some of the super regional, Sites like it was great to See, Lawrence kansas host to super, regional and it was great to See, Troy alabama host a super. Regional so, yeah just awesome, stuff. Man but, yeah the college baseball has been real. Good and excited to see what comes about In omaha here this coming week and for the next week and a half or. So we ready to talk about the weekend In Major League. Baseball let's do. It, Okay we're gonna go five series at a time for sake of lightening the load On. Peter he typically does, TEN i do. FIVE i did, seven he did. Eight and we are going to start In South Florida The Citrus, Series part. Two, okay The marlins took this series over The Tampa Bay rays two games to. One but how did it? Unfold game one On friday that went the way At tampa six. Nothing it was a blanking by The. Rays Junior camanaro three for three with two doubles and two. Walks Yondi diez had a three hit day as, Well Richie, Pelasios Ryan. Vilaide they drove in two runs a. Piece Drew rasmussen was. Diabolical he sat down the last seventeen guys he saw seven, innings pitched one hit with nine k's and note. Walks game two four to, Three. Marlins Javier soinoha open scoring with a solo shot On shane mcclanahy in the fifth inning when clanahan got tagged for four runs in this one and the. Bullpen day was great for The marlins before it got To Pete fairbanks in the ninth. Inning by the, way Offensively Javier Sonoha drovin two with a three hit.
Speaker 1: Day Joe mack.
Speaker 2: Also had AN rbi, double but when it got To fairbanks in the ninth inning and The fish were up four to, one two runs came in Against fairbanks And fairbanks was at thirty nine. Pitches he walked three guys to load the. Bases Junior camenaro was coming to the, plate and With fairbanks at thirty nine, Pitches marlins turned To Tyler, zuber who debuted in twenty twenty with The. Royals bounced around for a little, bit But zuber been out of the big leagues in earnest for quite a. While again, inherits the bases loaded with two men going on the ninth inning and struck Out Junior caminaro with a fastball at his eyelids.
Speaker 1: For zuber's first career.
Speaker 2: Save Yondi diez offensively great, again three for five of the double and two. RBIs junior had a bad day zero for five with three. Punchouts game. Three miami takes the series in the rubber match four to. One outo Low pez another multi hit day with a double and a triple. Double steele set up two more runs for The fish in the Seventh Griffin jacks was really. Good he threw five scoreless, innings But sandy Al contra was the. Story he went seven innings of one run ball with seven punchouts that tied a season high For. Sandy he's, also according to our folks JUST Bb Underscore, media one of just seven pitchers In Major League baseball with nine or more quality starts so far this. Year he continues to ascend The marlins franchise leaders in terms of quality, starts in terms of, wins in terms of innings, pitched in terms of, strikeouts And sandy is starting to find that form. Again so good series win over the weekend for The.
Speaker 1: Fish, absolutely and good start For sandy because you know this this season has been a bit of a. Rollercoaster he got off to such an incredible, start AND i know us on this show Watching sandy and remembering that this guy was a unanimous Cy Young award. WINNER i, mean he should be in the, running and then it took a slide a little bit so to see us start like this and for him to look like Vintage sandy. Again hopefully you can put a couple of these more in a row and just continue to dominate like we know he, can and a couple of players that just continue to impress. ME i Know junior had a Bad saturday again over, five but it's important to take a step back a little bit and remember who we're looking. At because he was so prolific so, early you almost ride the roller. Coaster and when a guy is just so, good now we not that we start to, descend but we start to appreciate him a little bit. Less this is a twenty two year Old Junior camnaro is twenty two years. Old as a twenty one year, old he was an eight to fifty ops guy with forty five, jacks and now he's basically doing the same thing. Again and we've talked about, it. Right we have debates on this. Show WHEN i do my top one hundred. Players it's really hard for me to buy into guys that are really, young And i've only done it, once BUT i think With junior we were all pretty much. Aligned where the way that this guy can backspin, baseballs it's just gonna work because he's gonna run into mistakes at least thirty times every, year so his down years are gonna be. High seven hundred ops is with thirty plus jacks and his best years he can reach fifty home runs in a nine hundred. Ops now he's got to clean up the. Defense he's twenty, Two he's got so much. Time and then on the fishes, Side, dude every single Time i'm watching The, Marlins Auto lopez is squaring up a ball to the outfield and getting a base hit or a double every single. Time he's a good defensive. Shortstop AND i also think With auto and what makes me so excited about him moving, forward because again he is still just twenty seven years. OLD i think there's more to one lock. Here he's putting the ball on the ground at a fifty four percent rate if he just elevates a little bit, more because he's got sneaky pop squares of a lot of, baseballs LIKE i, said and he's rocking a hard hit rate about forty four. Percent, said that's sixtieth seventieth. Percentile he's above averaging those metrics with his, defense with his, speed with his ability to consistently have the sweet spot of the barrel hit the. Baseball he's already hitting three thirty. Six but is it crazy to think that not only DO i not think he's just going to. FLOUNDER i think there's room to get.
Speaker 2: Better, yeah, MAN i hope so. Too he has been such a joy to watch day in and day. Out And Otto LOPEZ i think should be headed To. PHILLY i think there are like four guys he.
Speaker 1: Said six with good, defense a good base. Running absolutely an All. Star, no, dude he's been.
Speaker 2: AWESOME i think they honestly have Four All star caliber players right. NOW i Think otto is An All. STAR i Think edwards is An All. STAR i Think Liam hicks is An All. Star AND i Think max S meyer is pitching like An All star as.
Speaker 1: Well LIKE i Think, OTTO i don't Think, Xavier edwards Or hicks is gonna make. IT i wouldn't be. SURPRISED i just think if making the ballatis just. Tough it's a lot of good, players especially in The, nationally they get screwed. By if you were in The American, league take a. Pick you could listen more chives right. Now BUT i Think auto for, sure And meyer is just a. Dog he's A it's clicking with him for. Sure it's been awesome real quick On Junior.
Speaker 2: Camonaro great piece On yahoo From Russ dorsey earlier this week About Junior. Camonaro it was kind of a quick. Hitter he hit on a bunch of different, things but the lead Was Junior camanaro and apparently he was working out With laddie And Taascar hernandez in the off season and he was really honing in on the plate discipline and everything to go along with. That and the chase rate down from thirty two percent a year ago to twenty one percent this. Year so that is the thing for the twenty two year old that has unlocked this go For Junior. Cavanaro, well push to the next series we've got. Here it was In arlington between The guardians and The, rangers And texas took to a. Three they took the opener and the Finale game one went to The rangers three to. Two pair of six hitting bombs off Of Parker messik From Kyle higashioka And Corey. Seeger that was the run for after a leadoff bomb From Travis bazana off A Kumar, Rocker rocker settled. In he fired five innings of two run ball And cleveland had opportunities they couldn't. Capitalize they were one for nine with runners in scoring. Position game, Two cleveland Blanks texas six. Nothing four of the Six cleveland runs came in the top of the fifth When Brian rochio, homered Tomen zarto doubled And chase The. Lauder Daniel schnevens singled two. In Jay ram also at his tenth homer of the. Year in this, One Tanner biby finally got his first win of the year create eight innings of three hit shutout. Ball texas only had one at bat with runners in scoring. Position we'll elaborate On biby here in a matter of. Moments But game, Three texas bounces back and Blanks cleveland ten. Nothing Ezekiel durant four for five with a double and three. RBIs Jake berger had three, Hits Justin, Foscue Josh, Young White, Langford Michael, hellman they all. Homer Joey cantillo hit was seven earned in five. Innings jacob De grom nails. Again he looked like The. Grom six shut out with six punch. Outs my big thing from this weekend series Was, biby and it's LIKE i was looking At bibe in the win column the same way THAT i was looking At tatus in the homer.
Speaker 1: Column you, Know.
Speaker 2: Tatis had some serious, issues But tatis was hitting the ball, incredibly incredibly.
Speaker 1: Hard it was just on the ground a.
Speaker 2: Lot so like When tatis finally hit that homer In washington earlier this week or last, weekend like he pointed to the, heavens it was thank, goodness it finally. Happened i'm too good for this not to. Happen it wasn't an if it was a. Win and For, biby like he's too good to be zhero and. Seven it's nice to see him in the win column and be one and seven and just put together that run through the tape kind of start that he.
Speaker 1: Did my biggest takeaway from this series is actually on the ranger, side AND i think what you're starting to see is at least somewhat of a winning formula For. Texas they've won seven of the last ten, games and The mariners got a lot of hyphe deservedly so when they won eight in a. Row and you'd expect when a team wins eight in a row that they are going to put some considerable distance between them and the second place, team especially in a division like The American League, west where The rangers are in second place and they are below five, hundred but they. Haven't The rangers are only a game and a half back because The rangers are playing much better. Baseball and Again i'll go back to my original point of WHY i bet The rangers to win this. Division all they need is a little bit of. OFFENSE i Mean grom was special. Again they beat The guardians two out of three. Games the bullpen has still been. Good the starting rotation overall has still been a great. Unit can you get some of your guys on offense to start hitting the? Baseball and why At langford returned added a little bit more juice to the. Lineup Justin foscue has been a nice addition as. Well Jock peterson remember how bad he was last, year hovering in the mid seven. Hundreds from an ops, Standpoint you know you still Got Josh young who's been the best hitter on that team this. Year Brandon emo is still really. Solid all this Without Corey seeger and again there is a winning formula here For. Texas they just have to put up more consistency on. Offense and what have they been doing during the streak exactly? That but can they prolong that it remains to be, seen but it is a Good stein moving.
Speaker 2: Forward, yeah one hundred. Percent all, right next series we got to go over. Here milwaukee was In colorado And milwaukee took carab business In colorado at Coors, Field. Milwaukee they swept this weekend In. Denver game one went To milwaukee nine to seven and ten, Innings milwaukee trailed three to one after. Eight they played in four in the top of the ninth inning on singles From Jake bowers And Andrew one and a double from South. Freelick colorado tied it in the bottom of the ninth with the bases, loaded walk and a Sackfly colorado or A milwaukee parton played four more in the top of the tenth on a two run double From bowers and singles From Garrett Mitchell.
Speaker 1: South, Freelick.
Speaker 2: Colorado they got two more in the bottom of the t but it was not. Enough by the, Way Ryan feltner six innings of one hit.
Speaker 1: Ball CAN i just tell You i've never really Hated Ryan.
Speaker 2: FELDNER i always thought he was kind of good and it's just been A colorado.
Speaker 1: Problem and the rest why you're a ball, knower that's why you're a ball. Knower ask anyone on the street what their opinion is About Ryan, feltner and you can know a lot about whether they know ball or not based on that.
Speaker 2: Answer it was, just it's So John gray coded to me where.
Speaker 1: It's, like this guy's. Good he's just In colorado Like.
Speaker 2: FELDNER i don't Think Feltner's John. Gray but When Ryan feltner resurfaces somewhere else and it's, like, Wait Ryan feldner is through fifteen starts out of three, Fourths, yeah you might have been good the whole.
Speaker 1: TIME i. AGREE i you took the words all out of my. MOUTH i have nothing to add EXCEPT i would even put him And John gray in the same. Conversation give the felt bad an opportunity elsewhere outside Of, colorado.
Speaker 2: We'll see seven to one went To, Milwaukee Jacob. Era saturday went To milwaukee seven to. One Jacob mizarowski was. Awesome seven innings of four, hit one unearned run. Baseball he punched out. Eight mizerowski now seven to, two with An era down to one point five to zero through seven through a seventy eight innings of. Work the course field box has. CHECKED i have to see him doing On mars now and THEN i might be a. Believer it was a derby from the brew. Crew terrang hit two. Homers David, Hamilton William, contreras And Jake bauers all homeward in this. One by the, way this from Optastats Jacob mizerowski The brewers has a zero point two ZERO era over his last seven. Starts that's one earned and forty five and a, third the LOWEST era by Any big league pitcher over a seven start span Since Bob gibson logged his good old zero point one FOUR era From june sixth To july sixth to nineteen sixty. Eight they had to lower the freaking mound after, That, Folks Jacob mizrewski is absolutely utterly ridiculous and he is on another, planet which is WHY i need to see him do. It On Mars game, Three, milwaukee they secured the sweep twelve to. Four the final. Score milwaukee had a seven run sixth. Inning they had four in the. Ninth Jackson, Chorio andrew Vaugh Garrett mitchell all had three hit. Days mitchell had three extra base, Hits chorio with a pair of. Doubles Gary sanchez had a homer in THREE rb. Guys Hunter goodman also hit his seventeenth homer of the. Year milwaukee's a freight. Train they just got win number forty on the. Ear i'll say it.
Speaker 1: Again i've said it, Before i'll say it, again And i'll continue to say. It they're, smarter, better cooler than all of. Us emphasis on. Smarter so The Kyla harrison trade was already. Bad Right Kyle harrison has been one of the best pitchers In Major League. Baseball Shane drowen two eight seventy a just plugged in When milwaukee needs. Him just another one of those arms that unless you're A Red sox or A brewers fan and that guy's line it up against, you you might not have heard of. Him another, Dog David hamilton has been playing well. Lately they just obliterated The Red sox in that. Trade, now On, misowski he's not the best pitcher in. Baseball scoople still, is Or, SCHEMES i still Love, wheeler you go With. Yamamoto these guys have earned it over a long period of. Time that's what is best in my. Mind but if we're talking about the most unhittable pitcher In Major League baseball right, now it's not even. Close it is so far and. Away Jacob miserwski ONE zho six perceived. Velocity this stuff is just too. Good he just has to be in the strike, zone and it's too good When i'm watching him spin high nineties. Sliders, jack what the hell is anybody supposed to? Do hand?
Speaker 2: Raised, YEAH i, mean it's just crazy that you set all that up and you didn't even mention the best pitcher in baseball's.
Speaker 1: Name BUT i rest my. Case you didn't Say sanchez his. Name that's on. Me we get In. Miami it's been a long weekend for. You he is the best pictuer of, baseball right because he's been doing. It, yeah since twenty twenty. Four Christopher sanchez is number one and four and fifth IN. Eurek AND i wanted to let you get through.
Speaker 2: THAT i wanted to let you kind of LIKE i guess And i'm telling you THAT.
Speaker 1: I was at a bachelor party this weekend AND i Told, Jack i'm, LIKE i think you're gonna have to carry me through this episode twenty one. Minutes first major. Blunder Christopher sanchez is all, world but in terms of, unhittableness blunder number. TWO i don't think that's a real. Word. Unhittableness miserowski is one. One do you? Disagree, NO i? AGREE i, mean, listen pitch by pitch in a.
Speaker 2: Vacuum there is this is never before seen stuff like it is utterly insane what we're watching With. Misrowski AND i feel terrible for Or harrison and Not drowan right now Because dron's not at that. Level and you, Know, priester LIKE i think About priester last, Year Quinn priester last, year And Kyle harrison this year should be talked about it in a similar. Way it's like who saw that? Coming brewer devil. Magic Kyle harrison is throwing like one of the five best pitchers In Major League baseball right, now but he's just robbin in that rotation Because Jacob mizerowski has never before Seen. Batman so LIKE i feel bad For Kyle harrison BECAUSE ms has taken the limelight right.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah they got Lefty Brian woo and nobody. Cares would. Care we. Care we talk About Kyle harrison every, week but in terms of the national, media he's not getting attention outside of The Just Baseball show And brewers. Podcasts he just. Isn't so he deserves all the love in the. World But misowski deserves more than the. World the Whole brewers organization deserves whatever they. Want now they have to prove it in the playoffs because at this point that's what we're waiting on For. Milwaukee and it is a fair argument to, say, yes they've been incredible in the regular, season but let's see you do it In october and they haven't. Yet could this be finally the? Team could this be finally the trade deadline where they actually BUY i want to see, that but in terms of their, players in terms of what they can get out of their players for cheap. Trades where, Oh Kyle, harrison he's been bouncing, around you, Know boston And San. Francisco what is he going to give? Anybody, Look Shane drowen the throwing when that trade came across the, Ticker David hamilton was the second name he. Recognized, yeah the third name IS a two eighty. Seven they're so much smarter than. Us it's it's. Laughable it's laughable how smart they. Are it is.
Speaker 2: Awesome all, right let's go to The freeway series here, Now freeway series Is angels And. Dodgers The angels are trying.
Speaker 1: To avoid this.
Speaker 2: Suite that's a game that ran. Lates we'll check the box score on game number. Three game one went To The dodgers won nothing six combined hits in this, one But Freddy freeman walked it off with a nuke for his twentieth career walkoff. Hit he's top ten in all of baseball history with twenty career walkoff.
Speaker 1: Hits Reed dettmer's.
Speaker 2: Really good six innings a two hit shutout, baseball But Roki sasaki was the co. Headliner Roki sasaki seven, innings two, hits no, runs one, walk and ten. K's not only Did sasaki set his career high in punch outs in a single start and match his career high in innings pitched in a start with, seven but it is the first time in his big league career that he has started a ballgame and did not allow a. Run Roki sasaki has been awesome Since may. First he made five starts In march And april in twenty two and two thirds, innings he walked, thirteen had a six and a HALF lra in six starts since, then thirty five and a third innings at a two to five to Five elra thirty eight punch outs to eight. Walks this is The Roki sasaki that everybody was, promised and what he is doing since then he is throwing a harder. Splitter he's leaning into the faster splitter that he can drop in the strike zone more. Consistently the whole thing With roki's fourth ball slow split was it's, nasty no one can touch. It but if you idea, it just take it and you're going to be standing at first base with a. Walk that just hasn't been the. Case so tip of The, Captain Mark, prior tip of the cap to The dodger pitching, crew and tip of the cap To Roki sasaki for figuring its. Out so that Was game. One game two went to The dodgers nine to. Two The dodgers played all nine runs in the bottom of the first inning on An Andy pahees, homer A Ryan ward, double a three run throwing here On Zach Netto, at a two run shot From Shoheo. Tani Jack kohanowitz unfortunately just hit the il, today but he only got one, out six hits and seven runs THE ram a year north of. Six, Meanwhile yamamoto was great eight innings of two, hit one run. Ball THE era is down to two point six eight other game today thirteen to, five The angels get the win over The. Dodgers halo has played two in the, second two and the, fourth two in the, fifth and got six across in the top of the seventh after The dodgers stormed back to make it a six to five. Game after six homers came From dalton rushing And Ryan Warn on The dodgers, Side Joe adell hit his, Tenth Zach netto hit his, Twelfth Jose soriano six innings of four earned run, baseball And Emmett sheen struggled. Mightily shean was lifted very early after just four. Outs so that's what you. Got dodgers take the series two games to. One sasaki was my big headline from this.
Speaker 1: Weekend huge and in that start against The angels again where he went seven shutty with only two hits loud in ten. Punchies we flashed the usage like you, know the percentiles of you, know when he's throwing his, pitches you, know fastball forty, percent splitter at thirty five, percent whatever it. Was in this latest, start he threw as many splitters as he did four, seemers and his four seamer has been his biggest weakness this. Year, right opponents are hitting over three hundred against, it but against his splitter and his, slider opponents are hitting under two. Hundred so everything that you already, mentioned BUT i think they're leaning more into throw your fastball, less and if you're able to locate this offspeed, pitch the, splitter and this breaking ball the, slider throw those more and you're gonna see great. Results the problem was he wasn't able to locate those pitches as, much so we had to go back into the zone with his heater and his. Fastball it's, fast but it's not, hard and what we mean by that is you see it light up the radar, gun but it doesn't have that high carry effect right where it looks like you're blowing past a. Hitter it's just, fast and if you don't have great shape on your, fastball these, hitters they can hit a bullet out of a, gun. Right so it didn't have those great. Characteristics so start throwing it less and then you don't have to come back into the zone with that, fastball you can now keep the hitters, guessing and that's exactly what he did to This angel's. LINEUP i wanted to end it with we haven't really talked About yamamoto on this. Show remember WHAT i said About Junior, camenaro where it's like a guy could be so good for a little bit or maybe a lot of. It now With yamamoto that we almost kind of forget. That it just seems very normal For yamamoto to do these types of. Things yamamoto as a mid two zra and seventy seven innings with seventy three punch outs has been one of the best pitchers in The National league this. Year the issue is there's so many great pitchers that he's just getting overshadowed a little. Bit but for anyone who had him in top five conversations going into the, YEAR i know Some dodger fans had him at number one after that showing he had In, october of course he's top, five top five in the. World he's a, wizard he's an. Artist he's so much fun to watch, pitch.
Speaker 2: And he's so conc, assistant like even if he gets thrown off. Kilter he's going to get right back on the tracks in his next. Start maybe it takes two, starts and he's going to be back there the third. Time he's a, pro and, honestly like we're two years removed from them giving him a twelve year, Deal i'd give him a twelve year deal a million times. Over that is an, awesome awesome. CONTRACT a fifteen year. Deal one last THING i tweeted out this weekend. Too we are witnessing the greatest player of all time in front of our, eyes AND i think it's important to keep saying it over and over again BECAUSE i know people freak out, when, oh it's so much About o'tani, good it should be. More this is unbelievable what we're watching, here. Folks he is on pace to put up a fourteen f Four. Yeah what when you combine his offense and it's. Pitching he's pitching to an era below. One, yeah and the offense has clicked. Lately he's rifling. Balls this is.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable there's no Other the REASON i think a lot of people don't talk about is we run out of words to be able to describe. Him BUT i think it's so important that we keep telling people what they are, watching because don't let it just pass you. By we're watching the first two way players Since Babe, ruth and he's better out at The Ruth ruth didn't throw one hundred with an eighty grade, Splitter Ruth. Ruth ruth wasn't stealing fifty bases in a. SEASON i keep saying the word, unbelievable AND i sometimes say it too. Much this is the definition of. That so don't Let otani's play go under the. Radar, here, folks we're watching something that we might never see.
Speaker 2: Again he is pacing for the first fourteen win season Since George herman's fourteen point one win season in nineteen twenty. Three that would be the second fourteen win season The live ball. Era that, Year Babe ruth had forty one, homers walked one hundred and seventy, times and got on base at a five forty five clip with a thirteen oh. NIGHTS i don't know if he was seeing many kick changes, though AND i don't know if guys were going to tread in the offseason to get, Right SO i don't.
Speaker 1: Know it does seem like if you talk to the older generation those guys are throwing. Harder, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Mean they were rubbing the balls up with, vaciline, Right.
Speaker 1: BECAUSE i love baseball. HISTORY i love baseball. STORY i appreciate baseball. History everybody listens to the show knows. That but then you just go on social media and you see these old head takes and it makes me not like it.
Speaker 2: Anymore let's not pretend That Jorge mattaal wouldn't be the best player on the planet in nineteen thirty, one.
Speaker 1: Like the reported For.
Speaker 2: Witchcraft CAN i get that out of the, Way Like Mauricio dubon would be turning.
Speaker 1: Hits it is so funny too WHAT i, watch especially in THE, nba BECAUSE i feel like that's almost a bigger problem when they talk about Like Bob, kozy like If Bob coozy Saw Kyrie irving dribbling with his left, Hand like those JOKES i think are so. Funny mitchell Over Bob. Coozy but, again it's just there's these guys are such incredible, athletes Like Yoshinoba yamamoto is He he is an incredible athlete at five foot, eleven one hundred and eighty, pounds doing cartwheels and, javelins and they're nine. Pitches these guys are so good at. Baseball AND i think also watching college baseball makes me appreciate major league baseball even more BECAUSE i watch great talent college baseball and THEN i go watch major league. Baseball i'm, like holy, shit these guys are so. Good, yeah they're, ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Man all, right last one before our first, Wooh seattle And. Troits let's talk about that series At Comerica, park because it did go the way of The Detroit tigers coming off a sweep of the. Race mind, you seven Three detroit the series opening win On. Friday detroit had a three run, third in large part because of a two run home run From Kerry. Carpenter Spencer torkelsen also homered For. Detroit Colt emerson homered For. Seattle Brian wu was tagged for five earned in six and a third innings of work From. Bervaldez five innings of one run. Ball seattle had, opportunities couldn't. Capitalize there were two for fourteen with runners in scoring. Position game two four Nothing. Seattle Bryce Miller, dude since coming off the oblique, strain has been. Awesome six innings of one, hit, shutout ball nine k's For Bryce. Miller THE era is down to one point three three in twenty seven the innings of work coming off of That Obleaque Strang Tomkin, zone by the, way had a three hit day with a. Homer But Bryce miller has been just, outstanding and he has made a very difficult conversation even more difficult. Now Luis castillo might have helped out with. That In game, three it's five to Four, detroit it was a two run walk off single For kevin. McGonagall we will circle back to that in a, moment But castile five and two thirds of two, hit one run, ball walking one and punching out.
Speaker 1: Five if it is.
Speaker 2: An either or conversation Between Bryce miller And Luis, castile you cannot go. Wrong would not be stunned to See Jerry depoto Trade, castile but twelve combined pitchers used in this. One kevin mcgonagall's walk off two runs single in the bottom of the ninth inning not only followed a, homer but it was Against Andres, munos And munos allowed two more earned. Runs he blew his fifth save of the, year And munjos now has AN era that sits at five point. Four, oh a couple of different ways that you can go with this. Series number, one WHICH i already laid, out Was Bryce Miller Luis. Castillo number two IS i think we forgot That kevin mcgonagall's freaking awesome and is going to win An Ale rookie of The year without a. Doubt and then number three is what the heck is going on With Andres. MUNOS i don't know what's going on With Andres. Munos this is tough because the stuff still looks good to. Me it's just, LIKE i feel like every single time he makes a, mistake the opposing offense takes. Advantage and sometimes that just happens in. Baseball it's a fluky. Sport it can get. WEIRD i didn't see anything in the data WHERE i, thought, whoa this is, bad, Right there's no glaring. Things WHEN i turn on the game And i'm watching the ninth And i've seen him blown, It it's not, like, uugh his velocity is down or everything is. Middle it's just his mistakes are getting. Punished at least that's my opinion on the McGonagall. Side, addison who.
Speaker 1: Does such a great job with all of our, socials AND i assume a lot of you guys do follow him At Baseball. World if, not you, Should he tweeted, out what's stopping me from Calling kevin McGonagall a top twenty player? Already AND i kind of hate those conversations, because in my, OPINION i just feel like these guys they have to earn. It they have to earn. It we've seen great rookies, before we've seen. Them they've been. Great people want to vault them to the. Top, Right even a guy as good As Roman anthony was last, YEAR i still had my concerns putting the ball on the ground too. Much there was a lot of, swing AND miss still liked, him just wasn't ready to put him IN mvp conversations like everybody did on BET mgm the most bet player to win THE. MVP i, said that is way too. FAR i don't know how to poke a hole in Mcgonaga's in mcgonagall's game, though is also the other side of that, argument Where i'm thinking to, myself, well he doesn't put the ball on the. Ground he doesn't with he hits the ball to all. Fields pretty good, defender pretty good base. Runner the batch ball is already. Elite so on, PRINCIPLE i will disagree with What addison is, saying and that's it BECAUSE i don't have Much it was kind of like The kurts conversation WHERE i THINK i rank him a little bit too low just on. Principle but and McGonagall might be A kurtz type of guy where he just comes up and hits and hits. Forever Like, junior he will just hit homers. FOREVER i think McGonagall is just going to be one of the better pure hitters in the game for as long as he.
Speaker 2: Plays there's a decent shot that is the. Case and McGonagall is a very interesting case here because he's tenth in a. Four to your, POINT i just, wonder, like, okay where how do you value him when he's not really hitting the ball out of the ballpark at. All he'll finish this year with twenty, bags it. Seems if he walks fourteen percent of the, time hits two, ninety and has twenty bags with six, homers do you take him Over.
Speaker 1: Neto going into next? YEAR i think, yes, yes because he's better at baseball Than Zach netto is he, Is, yes he doesn't have the homers he doesn't have that, big flashy stat but he's still hitting a bunch of. Doubles he's getting on base at a higher clip now With, neto it's. TOUGH i, Know PODCAST P we've talked about this as. Well the defense is, weird like some defensive metrics think he's terrible, something he's. Elite WHEN i watch, HIM i think he's a decent shortstop LIKE i don't think he's either one of. THOSE i don't think he's elite or. BAD i think he's just. Fine and McGonagall is not like a great defender at shortstop. Either but, Again i'm just taking mcgonagall's, profile especially long. Term this is rookie, year so he, is you, know top ten and four at the shortstop position as a, rookie and the only thing that needs to happen is for the home runs to. Increase i'm taking that. PROFILE i just. Am.
Speaker 2: Yeah you ready for a really uncomfortable. Conversation let's see it McGonagall OR. C. J. Abrams who's having the better? Year abrams is having the better.
Speaker 1: Year who would rather Have i'd rather have, McGonagall But abrams is having the better. Year, Okay AND i still Like abrams, again that's how HIGH i am on. McGonagall, Yeah abrams can't field his. Position that's an. Issue, yeah AND i love, them but that's a. Fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah so, okay, cool we HAVE i have two more.
Speaker 1: Series peter has three more. Series but before, that p hit that.
Speaker 2: Whoosh thanks for hitting that.
Speaker 1: Whoosh. Pee all, right let's WHAT i should rattle? Off? Five? No, right you said two and you have? Three SHOULD i just rattle all? Five?
Speaker 2: NO i got. YOU i got, two and then you just take us all the way. Home, okay let's do.
Speaker 1: It does it? Work all?
Speaker 2: Right i'm gonna give You Casey minnesota right. Now casey took two to. Three game one went to The royals eight to. Six On friday. Night minnesota played exactly one run in each of the first six, innings so a run of the, first, second, third.
Speaker 1: Fifth and.
Speaker 2: Sixth But Kansas city had three in the sixth and two in the. Ninth and typically it's the team that puts up the crooked number that. Wins bombs Away Byron buxton, Homered Cody clemens To carrotini hit a, Homer Mike massey homeward in the fourth For Kansas. City there were go ahead runs in the top of the ninth that came from an unassuming certain Someone Josh, rojas who by the, way had himself a double with triple A omaha In columbus On friday. Afternoon rojas rips this double off the wall At Huntington park In columbus and then gets on a, bird or tries to get on a, bird heads To columbus. Airport he misses his first, flight he has to wait four hours for his second. One he, Lands he gets to the, ballpark and he drives in the go ahead runs with a two run single in the top of the ninth.
Speaker 1: Inning Josh. Rojas it is absolutely.
Speaker 2: Hilarious great story From Ann, rodgers who does phenomenal work AT mlb dot com covering The Kansas City. Royals flatey did make left at eight Pm central. Time he was sitting at the airport for four. Hours they land about nine. Thirty he runs of the clubhouse and he puts on the uniform and laces a go ahead single in the ninethentic just. Insane game two went To minnesota five to. Three four run six From minnesota included a solo shot from Brooks lee's that'd Be matthews really good seven, innings two runs despite four. Walks Michael walker got hit a. Bit game three went To Kansas city that was three to. Two this is a four game, set by the. Way game three went To Kansas city three to. Two casey was down two to. One at the top of the. Ninth they scratched two across Against Eric orsey with a sack fly and A bobby WIT rbi. Single Joe ryan was legit six innings of one run. Ball Luindo avila was also good, enough allowing just two hits in five innings of one run. Ball Alex lang shut it down to the ninth inning For Kansas city by striking out the. Side lang has been pretty good out of The royals. Bullpen and then On sunday In game, four it was six' Five. Kansas city there was a four run top of, the fifth including a three run home Run For, starling Marte but minnesota made this so tight with a four run bottom of, the ninth including a three run home Run From. Josh Bell noah cameron amazing six innings of, three hit one unearned run baseball with a whole bunch of punch outs and. No walks he had seven k's and no walks in two starts on the road Trip in Cincinnati. And Minnesota noah cameron thirteen innings, of work, four hits, one run fifteen punch outs to no. Walks issued he has walked Just or he has allowed just three earned runs in his last twenty four innings. Of work so my takeaway from this Long Weekend. NOAH cameron i thought last year could have been a little, bit fluky but this stretch is proving he's got that in the tank. Somewhat, consistently yeah he's Got That andrew abbott ness about him when he's locating his, stuff well like he can really mow. Down lineups the problem is if, he's not he's leaving a couple pitches middle and then he. Gets TORCH and i think that's why you're gonna see Pitchers Like, andrew rabbit Pitchers Like noah cameron kind of just go up and down. A little but this is certainly an up And the royals need, IT because i mean, their Lineup the twins. Lineup Two orlando arcia is hitting third For the. Twins, today yeah that's where we're at With.
Speaker 1: THE royals I Mean lane thomas is, Leading off vinnie's been dropped to sixth in. The order, You Know michael garcia has the second highest ops On the royals at seven. Oh, FIVE yeah i, want to, you know come away from this, series like. Nice series win For. The Royals the twins stink, Right now my Beautiful sweet twins will never give up. On stink And the royals have stunk up. The joint they have an even worse record Than the twins and they beat them in. The series WHAT am i supposed to take AWAY when i turn ON the Tv and I'm Watching lane thomas lead off And like vinnie have a good day and for me, to, say wow that? Was awesome can we do? That again he guys haven't been doing. That again these lineups are just kind of unbearable. To watch nice series, this weekend but there's just not much to Take away until they do this much. More Consistently and i'm not even talking about oh over the, Next week i'll start to. Buy it they got to do this for. A month, i mean these two teams are in the cellar of A bad. American league they need to pick, it up both.
Speaker 2: Of them you, know what free, will brother you don't have to watch if you don't.
Speaker 1: WANT to i always BELIEVE and i Gotta watch bobby and then my love For. The twins it's. The sickness it's, a curse but you know IT'S who. I.
Speaker 2: Am again just remind yourself that you have free will if you ever run into that. Issue again last Series that i've got before we Get to peter, Series Here White sox Phillies in Philly and philly takes two out of three. Eight Six the phillies got to Win on friday night beginning was five Across for philly in the bottom of, the second which Included A brandon marsh homer and a two run Double From alec boem. A doubles garcia also Homered. For philly but there were some nukes For The. White Sox randall gritchik had two, Of Them derek hill smoked one, As Well kyle schwarbra four hit Day And joandran dude don't look now fifteenth Save for duran For the phillies. This year game two went To The white Sox, on saturday six. To three the Final Score Alec Bohm brandon marsh they both Homered. For Philly colson montgomery club, to, sixteenth Though And jacob gonzalez congratulations, to him smashed his first big league homer in his Career Against. Andrew paynter socks got four Across against painter in the top of. The first painter was hit with six earned and four and two. Thirds Innings andrew paynter through fifty eight innings in his first Taste Of major league baseball one in seven with a six point TWO one era.
Speaker 1: Not great.
Speaker 2: Game three philly wins the rubber match nine. To Five brandon marsh homered for the third game in. A Row rafael marshawn blessed a two run homer in. The Second, Trey Turner, Price Harper, Brandon Marsh, aleck boham they all had multi. Hit days marsh through sixty games is hitting three thirty eight To Pace Major. League baseball he HAS an ops just under nine. Nine Hundred brandon marsh has. Been ridiculous he is two points Clear Of atto lopez and they are thirteen points clear of. Anybody Else yandy diaz is third at three. Twenty five what do you Make of marsh so far? This year because this is his BREAKOUT and i guess a breakout can still come at. This Point For, brandon marsh what a sneaky trade. That, Was man he's twenty eight. Years old he'll be twenty eight for the entirety of. This year i'm loving him. Right now and they needed a corner outfielder. To emerge he is absolutely what.
Speaker 1: They needed he's just got a special formula of whenever he squares up, a baseball it, finds grass it's throwing a four h. Nine babbit hembo came on and, YOU know i use that stat from the Warmonger. On twitter another great account we go Follow Where brandon marsh is like top five and batting average on balls and play in his. Entire career he just has an innate ability. To win he squares up the baseball's hitting the gaps and this is just one of those special years where everything is finding. A gap and it's Incredible for philly, Because Again trey turner is not having a, great season and If the phillies expect, to win it can't just be your Waiting on Harper and schwarber, to hit because you look towards the bottom of the lineup And A dooley scarcia has been. A. Disaster right stott has been mediocre. At Best alec bohm has been mediocre. At best So For brandon marsh to be the hitter that, he is he's kind of Carrying, the phillies where if he was his, normal self which is still a, fine Hitter the phillies might be in a little bit of. A HOLE so I Think brandon marsh has been extremely impactful For the phillies. THIS year i want to switch over To The, white sox though for, A second i do not envy the position that the fans are in, right now because you're thirty four and, thirty one even after a, down SERIES and i know you're feeling this sense of Excitement where i'm sure every single fan Of The white sox wants to buy at. The deadline they want, To compete they see an opening In The. American league this is their first real taste of real success in a, long time and you must want to get ahead. Of yourself so on, ONE side i, GET it, i DO and i think that this offense could play in. THE playoffs i, really do Especially when murakami comes. BACK healthy, I Mean colson montgomery is, So Fantastic miguel vargas. Is great, You Know sam antonacci is setting the table at the top of the lineup and they're getting good performances from guys at. THE bottom i. Get it when looking at, THE offense i do the rotation is. A Problem davis martin can only do. SO much, i mean when we're when we're, going through let me just look at the ers. Real quick let me just read them off to you instead of me just sprouting. About it, anthony ka it's got a four to. Four zero. It's fine it's here Number Two becausehawn bert started off well three. Eight eight it's been. Pretty good, But Again david sandlin obviously ten INNINGS eight era And Then eric fetti with a. Negative war, You Know noah schultz. Is hurt they just don't have that. MANY options i like, THE bullpen i like, the offense and you, could say As A white, sox, fan well we need to go get. Starting pitching but to really compete you need really good. Starting pitching do you want to give up prospects? For that is that where we're at As A white, Sox fan, SO again i just don't envy THEM because i understand. THE excitement i understand looking at this offense and looking at this bullpen, and saying if we have a few, more starters we can. Really COMPETE and i agree, With you but is it worth it to go trade the farm in order to get those to compete this year with? THIS team i. DON'T know i lean, towards NO but. I Don't but i'm not, a FAN so i just don't envy their position. RIGHT now.
Speaker 2: I don't, all right before we push on to, YOUR series i do want to highlight some former.
Speaker 1: Filling, news peyton you have.
Speaker 2: This. Graphic Huh the diamondbacks have Reportedly Signed max kepler to a one year deal for a. Team announcement kepler is currently serving an eighty game Suspension for peds and is eligible to Return on june.
Speaker 1: Twenty.
Speaker 2: Fifth, NICE so I guess i was a little crossed UP because i was under the Impression, that kepler as long as he, was unemployed his suspension didn't START like i thought while he was sitting in, free agency his clock. Didn't START but i guess he's eligible to return at the End of june when there are eighty games through in the major. League SEASON so i guess it counts even if you're in. FREE agency i thought as soon as he signed the Eighty. Games kickstart it's a.
Speaker 1: Very tough spot to be in an unemployed.
Speaker 2: Steroid user, Yeah RIGHT and i was, Just, thinking okay he's just SMOKED d bac.
Speaker 1: See something. Good luck i'm just.
Speaker 2: Not sure what They would, yeah again it takes it takes a lot of bad steroid use to HAVE an ops under.
Speaker 1: SEVEN hundred i think this comment from our YouTube live says it, Most okay but why though of, the, YEAR right i couldn't agree with you more T before i get to my. Series again if you're joining us here live, on YouTube the best way to support, these dreams make sure you just smash the like button and hit that big red. Subscribe button and if you're listening to us after the fact, on audio best way to support leaving a five star review in a. Written review if you would be, so kind you ready to do? My series, Let's doll i'm gonna, do two and then we're gonna take our. Last break Mets Versus padres, Game one me's win Five Nothing Jared young homer in, the second which was Enough For christian scott as he pitched into the sixth without allowing. A run bashett RIPPED an, Rbi Triple luis, Torren's homer baty HAD an. Rbi single It was mets domination from start. To finish Move to, Game two potters went three. To two baty In todd HE'S traded rbi singles in the second, and third but a seventh inning Homer From marcus semyon Gave the mets, the Lead but Freddy for mean would answer in the bottom half of the homer of, his own but this was a two, run shot ultimately Giving the padres. To Win the mets wasted A great nolan. McClean start McLean allowed just one run over six innings with, five Strikeouts And griffin, canning answered going five innings one run ball with. Six punchies Moved to, Game three mets win seven. To three mets got out to an early four to, zero lead highlighted By Another marcus semian, home run but then in the Bottom half Freddy for meen homer to pull within two and that was pretty. Much it melendez and, benj homered and then in The eighth bene RIPPED a, rbi triple his fifth head of. The day he went five for five with three runs and two RBIs and Freddy for meen HIT an rbi double in, the ninth driving in All three padres runs in, this one and he drove in five of the six in the. Entire series so my takeaway is an. Easy One the padres have lost a le even of, thirteen games and a big reason why is they couldn't hit water if they fell off. A boat this has been just an abysmal showing From the. Padres offense tatis hit his first. Home, run great he still Isn't Hitting. Manny machado he's hitting a Bucks Sixty. Jackson merrill are we at a five? Hundred ops are we hovered around? Low sixes we're Waiting for Freddy for me to show up because it hasn't been boguards lately whose ops has dropped low six. Point fifty Unfortunately For andrew harr had to exit the. GAME late i don't know if he pulled, something Bad but, I'm, thinking okay there Goes to padre's. Best hitter this is an. ABYSMAL showing, i mean you go to the bottom of. The lineup, IT'S dudes i barely Heard of Freddy for mean being. The answer it's not good and you know what's. So funny if you go on, social media you know who's Not surprised. Padres, fans yeah they've been complaining. All year, They're like i'm glad, We're winning, i'm. Excited awesome we can't hit and it's rearing its ugly head. Right now When the padres were ten games above five hundred with a plus four, run differential we were, saying it but we didn't want to bag on them because it. Was fun the way they were winning a lot, of walkoffs it. Was exciting but now you're seeing what's happening With this padres team and you, can, say well Our Tatist marilyn machado all gonna. Bounce back maybe what if one of. Them does still doesn't fix the issue where it feels like eight of the nine batters on a given day are. Auto outs the only game they won it really resulted From the mets not hitting, that day and that's how they can. Win games but you just can't survive, like that especially as the season goes along and these pitchers get.
Speaker 2: More tired let's play a game, of tired wired and. Inspired tired my first take is Benj and ewing. Are awesome haven't Watched aj ewing play. Center field he's really, good defensively and, he's fast, he's athletic he's kind of a menace in the Box to ewing has been. Really fun benj the first met rookie to go five for Five Since. Pete alonzo benj is a legit, force Offensively and Benj and Ewing with soto in that outfield for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: Is Awesome.
Speaker 2: The wired if you're not Tapped Into christian, SCOTT yet i would advise getting tapped In Because christian scott has been damn good so far. This year it's a two and a half hera And in scott's last three starts he's two to zero with one earned run allowed in sixteen to the third innings. OF work fip be darned at TWO, FOUR fip i ignore you as zero five TO five era over his last three starts and Then Inspired manny machado's tirade against analytics is. SO based i, love that AND like i just WANT to i want to point to certain possible Analytics that machado, Might hate in, particular analytics there are too many numbers out, There Right like machado hates. That shit he just hates that numbers are out there that tell you that he might be doing bad numbers like batting average right one.
Speaker 1: Seventy two why does?
Speaker 2: Anybody care how about on base percentage two, Fifty eight why should anybody care? About That many machado in his career as a four to eighty. Slugging percentage so when that's down one hundred and, twenty points do we even BAT AND i i don't, think. So dude there are way too many analytics. Out There many machado's career eight seventeen ops is down to six ozh six, this year the two hundred and twenty Point Drop. Manny, machado dude way too many numbers. Out there and let's go a little bit further under. The hood, Right Now many machado so far this year is putting the ball on the ground forty four percent of. The time he is a career forty two percent of. The, Time guy so not egregious right isolated power career two. Oh six he's at one seventy six, right now average exit velocity ninety one. Point nine he's one of the best in baseball. At that he was at ninety two point nine, last year, eighty nine nine point five, This Year, manny machado talk, your, talk dude you are. So based, analytics suck and you just got to tell me the numbers that you want put. Out there you want eleven homers, out there you want bat speed, out there you want walk right.
Speaker 1: Out there i'm totally in on whatever you want.
Speaker 2: To put, out There Because, manny machado bravo to you man shutting down. The dorks you may be opsing six to, oh six, But yeah, i'm right there are way too many numbers.
Speaker 1: Out, there yeah it's like buying a car and complaining that there's too many like gadgets in. The, CAR yeah i didn't want.
Speaker 2: CAR play i just went to get me FROM point a TO.
Speaker 1: Point b but the thing is he's not getting FROM point a TO, point b like his steering. Wheel doesn't but it's.
Speaker 2: Because of the. Car PLAY like i don't think. You understand it's because car play is there that it can't get me down.
Speaker 1: The, block yeah it's like the sun roof that's all glass is getting the sun in. Your eyes you, can't see and you're driving your car to the middle of. THE road, I, Mean. Manny machado your steering wheel doesn't work the gas when you push the, gas pedal you're not. Going anywhere we don't have to look at any. ADVANCED analytic i actually don't even have to look at batting average or you're. On base i'm looking at the game where you ground out to shortstop and you take an hour and a half to get the first base and you're. Not hustling that has nothing to do. With numbers that has to do with me turning on the game and being so frustrated watching you even. Play baseball we don't need. The numbers why don't? You hustle why don't? You, hustle god that pisses me off more than anything. In baseball THAT'S why i Like Even trent grishram get hit a bunch of home runs watching him lollygag in. The centerfield he just got a stray for. No reason you're so mean bruship with the fifty, Sent, beam like WHAT did? I do, but, yeah no screw. The numbers throw them all at. The, window, hustle hustle. That's. It hustle so, All right i'll move on to the. Next series, All right Reds versus cardinals, Game one cardinals win ten. To three red's got all three in the top of the FIRST and rbi Hits From spencer Steer And, gino suarez but from there it Was All, Saint Louis, Alec, Burlason, homer Walker new BAR had rbi doubles and bases load of walks and hit. By pitches late. Got Ugly hunter Dobbins Relieved, kyle lahey tossing five shot of innings with. Six strikeouts Moved to, Game two cardinals win six. To Five Victor Scott mason winn Gave the cardinals a three to, zero lead but that would be answered Immediately. By cincy with the, Bases loaded blodet ripped a ball, to First Where alec burlison tried to backhand it instead of getting in front of, the ball, scoring two and then a Sackfly from steer tied it back Up In the reds took the lead in the fourth On a matt, McClain Homer But jordan walker answered with a homer of, his own narrow the lead, to one and then in, The Eighth Lars newpar welcome back By, the way came through with the two. Run shot the eventual Winning runs, Game three cardinals, win again five. To three McLean and stevenson homer in the third to Give the reds a two to, zero lead but in The fifth cardinals would take the lead On A JORDAN walker rbi double and a two run Homer From. Brian torres McLain would tie it back Up. For cincy great series from him didn't really. Matter though in, The Eighth victor scott bunneted back to The pitcher sam mull who threw it away trying to get a runner advancing, to third leading To the cardinals, fourth run and then another Error from matt McClain allowed the fifth to Come in lows the defense to try and salvage, the series But the. Cardinals sweep this felt like a fork in the? Road series where HOW do i say? This NICELY because i was saying meaner things About the REDS when i got to catch some of. These Games the reds are not a very good. Baseball team that's the Nicest way i'm gonna. Say it because this bullpen cannot hold. It together they're not. Good defensively they have nice names in, the rotation but they're, not overwhelming and the offense is relying on like two to. Three Guys the cardinals are, legit though because they win games they shouldn't and that's the sign of a good. Baseball team are they a? PLAYOFF team i still. Don't know are they a good? Baseball, team yes and they continue to. Prove It.
Speaker 2: Cool saint louis. Intrigues me cincinnati has really been volatile from the outset of. THIS year i will Say, THAT cincinnati i don't even know how much better they Get with hunter green back in.
Speaker 1: The fold that would be, Totally honest that's. MY point i just they're not. That good.
Speaker 2: That offense is incredibly frustrating, to watch, AND like i Wouldn't Blame nick crawl for entering the cell area of the season. SOMEWHAT early, i mean it's gonna be really telling what goes On without elie De la cruz for the next couple, of weeks because there could be a serious slide coming.
Speaker 1: Right now and if that is, the.
Speaker 2: Case they enter sell them, pretty EARLY and i can honestly see them trying to like thread this needle in beating everybody else to the market where like they're the first.
Speaker 1: TEAM selling i like. THAT take i think you could, be right and especially again if. They flounder, AND this, i mean this was a. HORRIBLE series i guess its a division rival and you know you, got swept but even losing, that game just defense and like you got a good series. From McClean, but yeah nothing great. Over there let's Go To Orioles jays, Game one. Orioles win, OH wait i think let's actually do let's do a first break podcast p what do? You? Say quick woch. Five more now it's Time for Orioles Versus jays. Game one, orioles win thirteen. To three Jays and orioles traded runs in, the first highlighted By An adley, richman homer and then in, The fifth jays took a three to one lead On A brandon. Valenzuela homer first, of all he's, been awesome but you know, the score it Was all baltimore. From there adley, kept hitting ripping TWO more. Rbi Doubles kobe mayo. Went deep it was a blood bath from the sixth Inning On brandon young shout out. To him tossed a, quality start pitching into, the seventh, three runs e raight down, to three four. To seven he's been, a great great arm For the orioles. This season, Game Two blue jays win six. To, Four cows Aer and okamoto traded. Runs early cows were Crushed as homer by, the way but in the Third the jays took control and never. Looked Back ernie clement hit a three run Bomb And andres jimenez RUPPED an. Rbi single Alonzo And alexander, homeward late but they just. Fell Short then, Game Three blue jays went six, to four again no scoring until, the fifth And then baltimore exploded, for four highlighted by Homers From taylor Ward. And colton cows are heating up a. Little bit jays would answer in, the sixth highlighted By A yuendrik pinango home run and then a wild play where it Looked Like ernie clement ran out of, the baseline but the umpire didn't call it And the jays just took, full advantage taking the LEAD on rbi Hits, From okamoto Jimenez And. Nathan lucas then in, The Eighth brandon vealezuela, with homer ceiling the series Win. For Toronto When alejandra kirk, WENT down i was. Real Nervous The blue jay is going to do It Catcher. Brandon valenzuela he's almost a two wind player. This season it's.
Speaker 2: But, Awesome YEAH valenzuela i did not know was going to produce offensively Whatsoever In Major, League, BASEBALL like i had no idea that that was going to be. The case but now you run into a situation where like you've got a legit backup, catcher HERE and, I honestly i Don't Think john schneider has any reservations About relegating valenzuela to that just kind of like backup catcher role one FIFTY two wrc Plus in may one got Him For will wagner at last year's Deadline From. San Diego so valenzuela was a lighter hitting catcher in the.
Speaker 1: Minor leagues is? This?
Speaker 2: Sustainable no should you ride the high?
Speaker 1: Right? Now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yes Now when kirk, comes Back it's kirk catching close to.
Speaker 1: Every, day.
Speaker 2: Yes absolutely can you cycle him THROUGH the dh spot a little Bit because springer is on the other side of, Thirty, five yes you do That and valenzuela. Can catch valenzuela is a legit defense catcher. As well they need to be done, with it Like The tyler, heineman Thing The blue jays weren't a really good situation when They had Kirk And gabriel Moreno And, danny jansen and then it just seemed like they shipped off the wrong one for. A, Minute now moreno didn't blossom into the player that a lot of people thought he would or hasn't. Just yet But Like danny jansen was around and then he got traded as soon as he became a like legit good backup catching option that could, Play consistently heineman, is like you're just kind of, white flagging like if they Send valens way to let a triple a at any point, THIS year i think you're Doing The blue jays.
Speaker 1: A disservice what are your thoughts On? The orioles they are a.
Speaker 2: Sleeping giant they could be ten games under five hundred At The all, star Break and, i'm saying are we sure you want? To Sell like i'm sitting here waiting for them to be good hasn't. Happened yet and the perfect embodiment of That Is. Gunner henderson i'm sitting Here like gunner is gonna put together the week where, it's, Like oh gunner's, back now just hasn't really.
Speaker 1: Happened, yet so like he's tough and. They're, TOUGH yeah i just don't think they're, that, good, okay, Pitching, PITCHING yeah, i mean it's just not that great of. A rotation like, YOU know i Was Praising brandon young because he's been one of the best pitchers On the orioles. THIS year, I, mean boz you're just hoping you're waiting because it looks better than the results end. Up being and maybe he gets better as the season, goes along but it just hasn't been all. That great bradish again another, tough start even though it looked like he was putting, it TOGETHER and i still feel like, he has but he's still just not. Throwing consistently he gives, you flashes he might even give you two or three starts in, a row BUT like i feel like he can't even give a month's word of worth of. Great STARTS and i like a couple of arms in. The Bullpen rico garcia has been phenomenal, this year but there's not enough arms to be. Scared of so it just feels like they can lose games in a lot, of ways you KNOW what, I mean where, one day the starter doesn't. Show up, one day the starter, shows up but the. Bullpen doesn't, another day starter and bullpen, show up. Offense doesn't they just don't click because none of the units are. That great they all flash great stuff, they make they all keep your dreaming. On, them sure but they're not. That good sure doesn't mean they're out. Of it nobody in the ale is. That GOOD so i get. Hanging around but just, in general comparing to all, thirty teams taking the wild card conversation out, Of, it yeah what would they rank? For you? Fifteenth sixteenth probably they're not. The, Good YEAH BUT i i get what you, mean though because just still feel like they could. Be good but they aren't. That good so That's where i'm not. On them let's Go to Nationals D backs. Game one nationals went fourteen to one Boat Race luis Garcia And james wood homeward early into the floodgates were Officially. Open aramas garcia Homered for arizona their, lone run and then the onslaught has continued Lyle homered garcia, homeward again this Time A. Grand slam abrams homered. As Well merril kelly did not have any fun he allowed seven. Five Innings, foster, griffin though did, five innings, two hits one earned. Four strikeouts his era is down to three. Six three Game two nationals win six. TO one nat started Out Hot Curtis mead homard in the first two, run shot no more scoring until, the Fifth As Louke james gruver SMASHING an rbi single to crawl back. Within One dylan Cruz gave washington some breathing room with, a homer and then A nasim yuniez sack bunt gave them, even more and two more Runs from Uniez and ruiz and the. Ninth sealed. It's hell pitch, really well allowing just one run two hits over. Five innings game three d back salvage they win five. To one Carol and abrams traded homers in the first two innings And then arizona stepped on the Gas pedal gabby Moreno Homerd michael soroka was, excellent again throwing seven innings a one run ball with only, three hits loud and, six strikeouts lowering his era to three. Two eight another one of those SERIES where i don't have much other Than Just, michael soroka what. A story signed for, one year seven and a half million dollars. THIS offseason i thought you gave a great answer for that mailbag when you were talking about like best offseason acquisitions and you Stuck on Duban And, Dom SMITH and i think you're totally spot on with. Those ANSWERS but i think if you were to make a mount rushmore, Of those soroka would be a third head.
Speaker 2: On, THAT yeah i mean a lot OF, it's, Roi right like return? On investment are you paying forty million dollars for someone to have a five ninety Ops, in, boba shet that's NOT. Good roi are You Inviting dom smith to spring training with a big? League invite in like is he hitting three fifty against right? Handed, pitching YES that's roi. Right There du bonds make it. About six and he was acquired, via trade so they took on about Five Because nick allen was making about one or two. Or something soroka is another one of those guys like you've got him on a pretty easy deal. TO stomach i honestly think in this series, As Well foster griffin was a hell of an Offseason signing griffin has been really Good for washington and they, need Pitching and cavali's been solid, for Them but griffin has been the best arm. For them, So yeah soroka's been really darned. Good Dude and soroka is doing it in a slightly different way than really like any Version Of michael soroka that we've, seen before which. Is cool and he just kind of seems like the guy that would cycle back on another one year Deal with arizona and then the year after another one year Deal. With arizona we'll see if he parlays it into a multi. Year contract i'm sure, he will but he seems like the kind of Guy that arizona would. Keep there they've whiffed on a lot of, starting pitching, But, yeah soroca he's. Good man and Then this, Washington offense i'm trying to figure out the clear POINT that i can stamp them as valid because they're still leading baseball and runs scored? Right now are they the best offense?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 2: Baseball no are they a top five offense? IN baseball i? Say no are they a top ten offense? In? Baseball probably i'm just trying to figure OUT how i actually make sense Of The washington nationals, right Now because wood's one of the best players. In baseball abrams has been one of the better hitters. In baseball but like everybody else that's having a, good Year like Mead, and ruiz LIKE do i buy? IT yet i think, THE answers i. DON'T know i think you've found your answer when you were talking. Right there it is the best offense in baseball. Right now they're number one run scored right and it's, been awesome and we're all. Inoing it will?
Speaker 1: It continue we have. No idea we don't know if this is Real From, curtis mead we don't know if this is Real From, Kyber luiz we don't know if this is Real From, luis garcia the way he's hitting the ball. RIGHT now, i, THINK well I Know james wood, Is REAL like i just. Know it i'm very sure. ABOUT. C, J abrams i'm. Very sure. I'm there i'm pretty Sure about Dale. AND lyle i know he's been doing it now for a, little WHILE but i still need to just. See more Everyone else i'm not. Sure yet, so again you just got to keep. Proving. It Right the nationals were one of the worst teams. In baseball this was a. Big surprise it's not crazy two months in to, BE like i need to see more From the nationals while recognizing they are number one and run scored and they've been awesome. THIS year i think you can think two things at the, same TIME and i think we're both. Lying there let's Go to Astros. Versus a's, Game one ashros went five. To One peter lambert continues to impress pitching into, the six allowing just. One run his era's down a three to five To. Five isoch praid's hit a three run homer in the first to Basically give houston, the win but in, The Third christian walker HIT an rbi Triple and praid's HAD, another rbi this time via The Sackfly brent rooker, homer late but it wasn't. Quite enough, Game two astros boat race thirteen. To two this game was over by the second inning As his stros took a six, zero lead highlighted By A lamont wade, home run welcome back And Ord On alvarez Grand slam as would put up their two runs in, the second But the astros just would. It stop All Two Va Homeward lamont wade had a two, Run double meers HAD an. Rbi Single in Vasquez and PAYNE had. RBI doubles a my, pitch well which is a great sign allowing two runs in five innings with. Eight punchies, Game three a's win five. To zero take a bow gage jump six and a third, three hits, No runs erays down a two, Four Five nick, Kurtz Homer brent rooker homerd and HAD an. Rbi double a's salvaged, the Series And, MIKE burrows i just don't. Really stand underlying era says he's one of the better pitchers. In baseball actual era says he's the worst pitcher. IN baseball a lot four earned in, five innings RAISING his era to five. SEVEN seven i know this is. Your dude at the beginning of, The year you're like right and wrong at the same time because the numbers you hate, love him the numbers you love. Hate them what do? You? Do well how do you what do?
Speaker 2: You? Do yeah he claps to you because that was an absolute spin zone on them in the numbers you hate with a. BURNING passion i think, He's great so how are you going to spin your?
Speaker 1: Agenda. Now, buddy yeah THAT'S why i just handed it off. To you you take it. From here you take it.
Speaker 2: From, here man you kind of look like an idiot. Right.
Speaker 1: Now huh if, you don't it's just the numbers that would help. Your case, you hate so.
Speaker 2: You, can't no this is this is Good Because manny machado can pick and choose the numbers that he wants to. LOOK at i can pick and choose the NUMBERS that i want to. Look at at, this point it's the NUMBERS that i did it hate. Looking At So mike burrows. Is awesome he is a frontline starter masked by a five. Seven era as it stands, Right now my big thing Here Is gauge jump is the. Real deal he's been doing this in the minor leagues for the last year and. A Half gauge jump is solidly inside arms top one, hundred Prospects, and jump after his big league debut that was, really solid went to Show to imonaga and talked for twenty minutes apparently about pitch grips and about mound presence.
Speaker 1: And all of.
Speaker 2: That stuff And then jump takes the ball again this weekend And. Shoves gage jump is going to be one of those saviors in that, athletic rotation they need, four more there's no doubt. About that But if jump is There And jamie arnold can get there by the end of this year beginning of, next year all of, a sudden you got forty percent of.
Speaker 1: It Covered and i'm A j I'M a jt. Gin, guy yeah it is really good on. The road and if You have Springs and severino as your four and, five, veterans like that's a perfectly. Fine rotation and a BIG reason I Like gage shump is he's funky. And, Nasty yeah and you don't really get that all. The time you get a lot of funky pitchers who have, mediocre stuff but they survive off, their funkiness and then you have a lot of nasty pictures who just have your run of the mill type of. Delivery gauge jump is funky. And nasty so it's not surprising to me that even early on in his career he's making professional hitters look stupid with his stuff because it's hard. To see and then just the physical stuff is. Also GOOD so i agree. WITH you i Think the a's got. Someone here what do you think About the ashros because. AGAIN podcast P and i were talking before we hit the, record BUTTON where i think he was seeing his comments under, his tiktoks where he was Saying that ashros fans still feel good about winning, the division and both of us were kind, of like we, don't agree but we're not gonna tell you, you're wrong considering nobody's taken the leap in, that division and If the ashros can just put together decent and starting pitching performances Now That josh hater is back with, that, OFFENSE like i, get It but i'm not here to say that to be the Case, that.
Speaker 2: So yeah the peripherals are going to, kick in much like they Did For eduardo rodriguez and that's seventy million dollars deal that he got so after.
Speaker 1: A decade but. It, didn't yeah they're going to kick in at. Some Point For.
Speaker 2: Mike burrows it could be in twenty, thirty two it could be. NEXT week i have no idea when it's going. To happen so, The, peripheral yeah it's Going, to uh the peripherals are going to kick in. For Him hunter brown is going to. Be back brown's on rehab. Right now tang has been.
Speaker 1: Throwing.
Speaker 2: IT well i know he's had two, rougher Starts But kaiwei tang has been somewhat consistent, For them eer and the low threes And then lambert you mentioned Man Like. Lamberton good so you can't rule, anything out especially when you may Have The AMERICAN league mvp who just Hit A grand slam over the weekend and has twenty two homers and he's utterly. Freaking insane BUT like i disagree, FOR now i align with You. And peyton it's like, you're wrong but maybe you're right in, TWO months.
Speaker 1: I Agree like, I'm NOT i'm i wouldn't even go as too far to say. YOU'RE wrong i would just SAY THAT i i Think the Rangers and Mariners and a's are better. Than you but what we do know from the astras of the past is the moment you count them out is.
Speaker 2: The, moment yeah Here's what i'm going. TO say i don't think they trade anybody at. THE deadline i Don't think. YOURDON'S gone i Don't think payne.
Speaker 1: Is gone another CONVERSATION podcast P and i were having is they Could trade pardees for, a starter like give a team that has a lot of, starting pitching but needs a, third basement like they could work out a trade like that where you're not trading for prospects. Or anything you're actually just getting better in a position that you don't. Really need that could be a way that they. Do IT but i agree, WITH you i don't know if they're going to sell Because, also buster when he, came on he made a really good point last Year Of dana, Brown's contract joe spot a last year Of his do they want, to sell especially with how good the offense looks and how Bad The american. LEAGUE looks i would totally get it if. THEY don't i think it's probably better for their organization if. They do but maybe they're not on the spot to. Do that so. We'll see let's go over To the pirates Versus the. Braves sweep not a ton to take away from this one Game one braves win six. To three both teams traded three, runs early Highlighted by maurice Who, dubon homer and then in The fifth atlanta. Took Control du bon RIPPED an, Rbi Double dom smith had, A Sackfly austin riley SMASHED an, rbi double and Then the braves bullpen just cleaned. It Up mitch keller tough day six earned in four and two. Thirds movie, Game two braves win six. To three atlanta held a three to zero lead going into, the fourth highlighted By An AUSTIN riley, rbi double Before the pirates would tie it, back up same, as yesterday and the game ended with the same result and the, same score And the. Braves win albi's brought home a run on. A Sackfly tom smith had a six homer of. The year. ATLANTA cruised i basically just read the same ride up over and. Over again, Game three braves win three. To two pirates jumped out to a two, zero lead Highlighted By spencer horwitz. Home Run bubba chandler. Was cruising it Felt like pittsburgh was going to avoid the. Sweep Well in chandler's last setting, of work loaded the Bases For michael harris crushed one to right to clear, the bases which ended up being the eventual winning run in a Sweep. For atlanta another great example of Why the braves are. So good they can win games when they aren't. Playing well they didn't play all that well, this series and they won all. Three games they can win games from coming behind and then the bullpen shuts. The door they can have good starting pitching Performances Like bryce elder just kept them in the game and then they got the. Big. Hit right they play enough defense even if the guys at. The, top right you didn't Really Hear matt olsen's name, being, read, yeah right but you heard a Lot Of. Dom smith you will hurt a Lot Of. Brasio dubon you heard a Lot Of. Mike harris they're just. Good everywhere their bullpen is so good it's, so ridiculous and their starting rotation is good enough, right now and they're going to get, back reinforcements and clearly the lineup is one of the best.
Speaker 2: In baseball if not there looking to buy stock in a pitcher, Right now Diddy or fuintes is a very good spot to buy stock In because fuentes is in the bullpen right now looking like an untouchable. Bullpen arm and he's gonna get another opportunity to start at some, point SOON and i don't know when it's, gonna be but when, it happens he's gonna, look different and he's gonna look better because that fastball. Is unbelievable it's already one of the better fastballs than any bullpen.
Speaker 1: IN baseball.
Speaker 2: I think and then the fact that You have Lee and Suarez and racel all going the way they're going right now is. Just nuts it's gonna be so much Fun when baldwin comes back.
Speaker 1: For them the.
Speaker 2: Best teams in baseball are beautifully boring, at points and like their fan base freaking loves them because It's, Like, Homer, Homer.
Speaker 1: Homer homer.
Speaker 2: It's awesome but like when you win the, crappy game and you win three crappy games in, a row that's when you're the best team.
Speaker 1: In baseball that was, A, Wordsmith, annibal no we're. Taken one that was. BEAUTIFULLY articulated i that nothing add. Was perfect, All right let's Go to Yankees Versus Red sox. Game one this is a shorter Series because game two. Got Postponed red sox win five. To Three ben rice started the game of, the homer but From there socks, took control highlighted By An andrew monasterio. Home Run, spencer jones who was called Up After aaron judge's injury, not good RIPPED an rbi double But was contrera's homeward in the fifth ended up being. The Dagger christian howard late Wasn't Enough sunny gray, quality start pitching into, the seventh allowing. Three runs game two again got postponed due. To rain Game three yankees win six. To One cam schlitzler bounced back after his one bad start of the year to throw into the, sixth inning only allowing. One RUN his era is now one to. Eight seven goldschmick got the party started in the fifth with, a single And then contreras tied it back up WITH an, rbi double and Then the yankees. Took control bellinger homeward in, The eighth grisham HAD an rbi single And then jazz launched a three run shot to blow. It open rangers swore is awesome pitch into, the seventh only allowing, one run, no walks. Six strikeouts his era's down a three. One eight but the bullpener just. Got destroyed we talk about How Good cody. Bellinger is he's one of the best players in baseball. This year and THE reason i want to talk about it IS because i underrate him even on my. Own team when we made, that trade when we When the yankees made The Trade cody Bellinger For.
Speaker 2: Cody petit when Me And brian cashman made, that deal.
Speaker 1: When me and the boys got together and figured out we wanted To, Get cody belinginger.
Speaker 2: Put a couple of hard siders back, and said you know who would be good is a Centerfielder.
Speaker 1: In, Chicago yeah and he threw me off by, traded we like, you said When the yankees Traded For cody bellinger and it, Costs nothing, i'm, like okay. Let's see then he had a, good Year and i'm thinking, to, myself okay but we have to remember Traded For. Cody petit we really want to sign him to a long, term deal even though he gave me no reason during the season not to want to sign. That deal it's just knowing his past where he's. Been inconsistent then he signs the long term Deal and, i'm, like please. Please work this is like better than. Last year this guy's such a. Good player This bat toball is. So impressive he's such a, good defender he's such a good Base run he's such a good. Baseball player, and Again when judge goes down For the yankees to stay afloat You Need, Ben rice You Need cody bellinger to step up and not just be all stars but be. Elite Players and bellinger has absolutely answered the call which has been so wrong every step of the way.
Speaker 2: On him You, need rice You need Bellinger and belly was an. Interesting shout if you listen to the trivia episode On The Just baseball Show, On friday number one was. Really fun number two we opened it with AN al mvp discussion and P if i'm, not mistaken you were the one That mentioned bellinger should get like some DOWN ballot. Mvp love If the yankees are gonna be the best, team, Baseball Like cody bellinger would be that guy Along. With Rice obviously rice is gonna be huge piece, of that but if they do stay as the best team In The, American League cody bellinger is gonna be a huge piece. Of That and bellager can put together a NICE little mvp case. For himself so You, need rice You. Need bellinger you Also. NEED jazz i think that's. Really Important and jazz is one of those, guys, THAT like i can totally see having this great Month of june and then awesome Month. Of July jazz chism has been, pretty Dormant and i'm excited to see him wake up.
Speaker 1: Right, now yeah he had a good You know sunday where he hit that big. Home RUN but i agree it's he's just. Been INCONSISTENT so, i think to, Your point i'm not oho is he getting? Hot now he's got to be just way more consistent. Than this it can't just come. And flashes and he's way, too talented way. Too talented it's gonna happen at. Some, Point, Yes YES and i feel like he's also, you know he's an emotional guy who plays with his, you know heart on. His sleeve he's got to see some go through to get that kind of vibe and energy back. Into him and then when he gets that and he's smiling like he will start. To click but to, this point and to, your point it hasn't clicked. For him you ready to move to my? Last series. Let's do we got one. More left obviously we are recording right in the Middle of sunday. Night baseball we'll check that SCORE after i tell You about games one. And two, Game one giants win eighteen. To three williadamas Got the giants on the board early with a two. Run homer through the fourth and, six Innings the giants would put up the definition of a crooked number. Fourteen runs chapman hit a, Grand Slam casey, Schmidt Homeward willia domas, Homeward Again matt chapman. Homeward again chapman finished the day with, eight RBIs eight more Runs Than robbie ray needed because he. Was great, five innings, two hits, no run, Four k's his era's down to four, to One Two edward cabrera. Welcome back three and, two thirds, eight hits, eight earned eras up, to four nine.
Speaker 2: To.
Speaker 1: Nine yish, Game two cubs win three to two and. Ten innings much. Different Game ben Brown And landin roupe tossed five innings of scoreless baseball before both teams broke out. Of it in, The sixth DEVERS and pca, traded homers and we didn't see another run until, the Ninth When matt Chapman Gave san francisco the lead on a. SACK fly pca came up clutch in, the ninth homering for the second time to take us, to Extras Where michael bush SMACKED an rbi single to Give the cubs, the win And Then Sunday. Night baseball, right now it is one to zero in the. Second inning giants are Leading with javier assad on. The mound so obviously we don't know about. That game BUT can i talk to You About ben brown for, a second because, He's, dirty uh.
Speaker 2: He's dirty he's finally figuring, it OUT which i find. Very IMPRESSIVE can i talk To About hoby milner for, a, second because oh, my god. That sucks what happened to Him? On friday what happened to Him? On friday it's third of, an inning, six earned and he was good For. The, cubs yeah like that was the seventh. Run inning he. Was good. The era he entered that outing at a two TWO, eight era he left it at a four point. One, eight again seasons just shot because of A random. FRIDAY afternoon i thought you're talking about something different, than yeah.
Speaker 1: THE performance, i mean he was just a pitching machine, out there.
Speaker 2: You know it just it sucks that you got to weird that much in. Your season is just smoked.
Speaker 1: Life reliever that's the thing about being a. Reliever sometimes that's why reliever era is just, so tough because that. Can happen and now you might Look At hoby milner's stats in two days and, be, like oh he's been like kind of average, this year not. That great but then you realize that even one horrible outing where it was eighteen to, three anyway so it's believers are.
Speaker 2: So tough so, real quick two guys before you Wax About, Ben brown Pete crow armstrong in the Month of june is hitting. Five hundred he's ten for twenty with four homers and six. Driven in And Then Jung hulee peyton just dropped this note in the private chat since he came back. From injury he'sit in six oh five over his last, ten games and all of, A Sudden jung hooley's clip is over three twenty and he's one of the best hitters in baseball to the guys of. Batting Average So, Jung Hulei Pete, crow armstrong both microwaves. Right.
Speaker 1: Now Absolutely But, BEN brown, i mean The north south thing. Is working Like With ben brown in, the past it, felt like, ALL right i can. Eliminate EVERYTHING all i have to do is watch for your curveball and your. Four seamer and when you really only have two pitches that you can, go to you're gonna struggle a. Little bit but this year he's introduced to sinker and it's just been a ground. Ball machine scrambo rates up to forty, eight percent and he's locating the. Knuckle curve it's become one of the better knuckle curves in. Baseball period and his four seamer he's sitting ninety six and a half with some life. TO it, i mean that's. Gonna play and then when you have a changeup that you can go, against lefties and lefties just can't. Hit it they're hitting. Eighty three this is the makings of a. Real pitcher and it's really important to talk, about him not only because he's, performing well But the cubs. Need him he's. The ace he's the ace Of. THE cubs, i mean he's got ravaged. By injuries you need guys to, step up. You know in, the, past right It's Been colin ray and It's Been. Javier ASADE but i think even The biggest cubs, fans knew, all right they're just kind of they're keeping. Us afloat they're not real guys that we know we can. Build on when You Saw, kate horton you knew immediately that's the guy we can. Build On This ben brown not only is helping them in the here, and now but also, moving forward looks like a guy that you can. Build around so his success is not only just big For, the cubs it's big for him and he just deserves to be.
Speaker 2: Talked about he has been immensely valuable, this year but he has been immenseally volatile over the course of his. Young career so forgive me for holding out and wanting to see two more months of A Good.
Speaker 1: Ben brown, it's FAIR but i think he's got the formula to maybe not pitch al one seven, to four but make baseball totally. Makes sense you see That stat payton dropped the private Chat The jung. Huli, WON yeah i. Dropped, that, yeah yeah just seeing it to get in writing even though you already said it, of like, holy, shit yep so far over the last. TEN games i think that'll do it. FOR us, i mean we should at least Highlight the giants offense is finally kicking it in. The year you just need to do it for longer for me to.
Speaker 2: Be. Impressed, sorry yeah and the division is already shot at, this Point so.
Speaker 1: I'm not ready TO go i have no evidence to Support what i'm saying, to You but i'm just.
Speaker 2: Not ready you're not ready to call the forty two and Twenty four dodgers immune from.
Speaker 1: Anybody else, OH oh i thought you just meant Could the giants be more successful than what they've been so far? This, SEASON no i just said the. Divisions shot, oh yeah divisions. Beyond. Shot yeah we both agree certainly on. That one so that'll do it for this Episode Of The Just, baseball show especially shout out to podcast p for. Brilliant producing. Once again special shout out to All The Just baseball. Show listeners we still don't have a name, for you, but hey in our discord we get a name for, the listeners we'll start. Using it, clues clones make sure just like and subscribe here on YouTube and if you're listening again. On audio best way to support five star reviews for all of, these episodes and if you want to get Yourself Some just, baseball merch you can find that link in the. Episode description you can also join The best baseball group chat in. The world find that link in the. Episode Description for Jackie Pulland I'm peter Apple see tuesday eleven thirty. A m eastern live On sports grid and, on YouTube and the rest of the week we got baseball talk and, until then, with that thank, you everybody