Speaker 1: Second date updated.
Speaker 2: There's two types of people that you're gonna meet in the dating world. The neurotic uptight over planners like Brook who have to schedule out every minute of the entire evening months in advance, or they won't even have a good time.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 3: I can't show up on time for anything, let alone like over planet.
Speaker 4: Do you not know me?
Speaker 2: Brook was literally yelling at me to put it in your schedule. Chap, put it in your schedule, and you're gonna forget.
Speaker 4: You because we have to travel for work and you're not gonna show up.
Speaker 2: Okay, neurotic and then there's the chill suave go with the flow types like me. I knew that they can make a good time happen with anyone in any bathroom at any truck stop at any time.
Speaker 1: That's my promise, has to be a truck stop.
Speaker 2: And one of our listeners says he's also to go with the flow type, but he's worried it may have been his undoing on his date. His name is Russell, but we're gonna call him Russ and he's not going to fight us because he's chill with it.
Speaker 1: What's up, Russ?
Speaker 5: Nothing much yes, I am gonna go with the flow, dude, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Guy, Ross is just like water what.
Speaker 1: I got it? Okay, Ben to every need.
Speaker 4: Container.
Speaker 1: We have to turn this into like a physics lest is the opposite of him. Yeah, let's let's let me lead this conversation the chill type.
Speaker 2: So, Russ, why don't you tell us about how you how you met this person that you went out with.
Speaker 1: What's her name by the way, her.
Speaker 5: Name is Whitney, okay, and how did you meet her? Well, we met at this place. I probably shouldn't say the name, but it's one of those drinking and darts places.
Speaker 1: A bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I know that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's one of those newer places that electronically keep score of the darts as you go, like you know that place pop Golf. Yeah, yeah, it's like that, but for dark.
Speaker 4: So again, it's just taking like old bar games and charging better, charging people more for able access.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I met Whitney there.
Speaker 5: I was there with coworkers and she was part of the group next to us.
Speaker 1: You just met her in the wild.
Speaker 5: In the wild, how.
Speaker 4: Did you approach her? Like, how did you guys strike up a conversation.
Speaker 5: I'm super totally naturally, Like, there's these tables between our groups and we were sharing them to set drinks on and she set hers down and I was just like said to her, how's it going?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: That's it?
Speaker 4: Good pickup line?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And she just leaned in and said, I'm just going really good. And she whispered to me, she said, because I'm cheating.
Speaker 4: How do you cheat at an electronic games?
Speaker 2: You're talking about darts, not about like relationships, right, funny, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Were you able to get a date out of that meeting or is this your one hangout?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I asked her as it was coming to a close, I was like, hey, do you want to have Can I get your phone ever? We want to hang out sometime And she said.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's awesome. So you spun that into a date a few days later?
Speaker 1: Is that what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah? The next week?
Speaker 4: Okay, what'd you guys do?
Speaker 5: I didn't have a plan. I just said I'll come pick you up if you're comfortable with that, and we can just drive into the city and figure out something to do.
Speaker 1: Or there's a lot of truck stops outside of the city. Which also.
Speaker 4: Can guide you to that.
Speaker 1: But you know, the city is one way to do it. Where'd you go?
Speaker 5: Well, so we drove in and I wasn't hungry, and then I asked her if she wanted to get something to eat, and she said she wasn't hungry either.
Speaker 2: Oh, never trust that you didn't You should have still bought her food.
Speaker 1: Bro, I've learned that mistake.
Speaker 4: So what did you guys? Did you go get a drink somewhere?
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, let's go get a drink. And she's really not actually a big drinker. And it was a week night and I was like, all right, so no drinking, no food. I don't want to go sit in a movie theater, you know. So we just drove around. You know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, wait, you you did what?
Speaker 5: We drove around? That's it.
Speaker 4: That was the day, just driving for how long?
Speaker 5: About an hour and less than an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: What was on like a pretty road? Is this stop like traffic?
Speaker 1: Does that make a difference to you slightly?
Speaker 5: I mean it was night and there were stop lights. There was not some scenic drive in the country. No, it was driving around in the city.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now do you regret not having a plan.
Speaker 5: Yes, honestly, she would admit it.
Speaker 1: Well, how did that night end? Like? Was it just driving the whole time?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's about it. But it wasn't as awkward as it sounds like. That's the thing. We're talking about our family, talking about our lives or work, and you know, she was laughing. I was laughing, So it wasn't like as painful as it sounds.
Speaker 3: But I also I also wonder if it wasn't painful for you because you had something else to do, like drive, she's just sitting there.
Speaker 2: If it suggests something at that point, maybe we ended on a high note when they finished the evening.
Speaker 1: How did you guys leave it?
Speaker 5: I dropped her off and we said we would do it again. Do that again, no, I said, I joked and I said, you know, next time, we'll have a destination. And she was into it, you know. I said, let's get to dinner, let's be hungry. Maybe a weekend.
Speaker 1: And since then, how many times have you driven by her house quietly? Okay, I'm just kidding. How long has.
Speaker 5: It been since since that night? It's been just over a.
Speaker 4: Week, okay, and you've heard nothing or little bit?
Speaker 5: Well, I only text her twice. She responded to the first text and not to the second one. I'm not going to keep bugging her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can.
Speaker 4: We're gonna You're gonna let us bugger.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna come back and we're going to try and play it cool and suave, but we're going to take a page out of Brooks dating life and have a little bit of a plan and ask her questions. Like we won't yell at her and demand that she put it in the calendar, but.
Speaker 4: More effective, well, gently.
Speaker 2: Approach her and try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, second date update.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm proud of our listener, Russell, because he listens to his dates and gives them exactly what they want. Whitney said she wasn't hungry, no food, She said she wasn't thirsty, no drinks.
Speaker 1: She said she didn't.
Speaker 2: Really feel like doing anything.
Speaker 1: And her wish is his command. They're just gonna.
Speaker 2: Drive around the city and talk and talk until they bore themselves to tears.
Speaker 1: Your wish is his command.
Speaker 4: Until she said, Okay, I think it's time to drive me.
Speaker 1: Home, right home, exactly what he did.
Speaker 2: So why isn't our man getting a call back today? I just hope she doesn't complain that he didn't set anything up and plan out a date, because if he does, I'm gonna have to rush to his defense.
Speaker 1: Brook if that happens, Would that turn you on too much?
Speaker 2: Because I could dial back my natural heroic qualities.
Speaker 1: If that's going to be a problem.
Speaker 3: I see, I didn't know what you're ferring me to be turned on by my heroism?
Speaker 1: That oozes out of my.
Speaker 4: I feel safe, okay.
Speaker 1: Russell, do you feel safe?
Speaker 5: I feel safe?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Russell.
Speaker 3: I mean I think we know what we're gonna hear here, but I think it's going to.
Speaker 4: Be easy to get you another chick.
Speaker 1: What are we going to hear here?
Speaker 4: That she was bored? It was a boring date?
Speaker 1: Why do you always bring them down right before we do? Why do you always do that?
Speaker 2: I think she's gonna I think it's going to be a scheduling conflict and she wasn't bored at all, or she's married and you were just a side piece. Okay, I'm the one bringing the mine between there.
Speaker 1: There, we'll find it. Okay, let's hope there's somewhere.
Speaker 5: In between there.
Speaker 4: The part is actually kind of good news.
Speaker 3: It's not your fault that because they didn't kiss.
Speaker 1: I don't know, did you guys kiss?
Speaker 5: No, we didn't because.
Speaker 2: She didn't ask for a kiss. If she had asked for one, though, he would have planted one on her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's still cheating, like my husband drive for an hour with a random woman in a car that went.
Speaker 2: Michael, if you're listening, turn the car round. Now, we gotta get back to business.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call Whitney. Let's dial her number and see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hi, We're looking to speak to Whitney.
Speaker 6: Speaking Hello, Hi. Who's this?
Speaker 1: We like the sound of your voice. We're a radio show.
Speaker 2: What we're a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Not all the time, but right now, okay, we're wack.
Speaker 2: We do try and do some fun stuff like Alexis tell him about it.
Speaker 4: We call people good good.
Speaker 1: Good question. Because we do.
Speaker 2: This segment is called a second date Update, and that's where we try and help listeners get another date after they went out with someone one time and want to see him again.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So one of our listeners has asked us to reach out to you specifically.
Speaker 1: His name is Russell. Oh you remember Russell. You guys like drove around the city for a while.
Speaker 4: He asked you out after you guys met at that dart bar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did. I was out with my sister, my best friend, her husband, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, well that's great, but we want to talk about Russell a little bit.
Speaker 4: Because, yeah, but we do know your sister is probably great.
Speaker 1: She's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole family, I'm sure. But what did you think of Russell on your guys' date?
Speaker 6: He was okay, okay, okay looking Oh oh.
Speaker 1: Just call him ugly.
Speaker 3: It's better than okay, Okay, hold on, though, Like he pulls up to your house. I mean, you'd already met him in person and agreed to the date. It's not like you didn't know what he looked like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I didn't know fully about him. But after driving around for an hour, I really learned a lot. And sometimes that's positive. Sometimes that can be.
Speaker 3: Negative, okay, And it can't change the way you're attracted to someone, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: So what did you learn that changed your mind about him?
Speaker 6: He lives with his parents.
Speaker 3: Oh well that was okaytable he's co dependent on his parents.
Speaker 4: Who wait, wait, wait, wait, go hold on. I think it's pretty common.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I mean we've definitely heard other listeners come on the show that have said that they lived with their parents and they're saving up a lot of money so they could buy like a nice house, sures.
Speaker 4: Live in between roommates.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so many different reasons why you would find yourself back in that position.
Speaker 2: We thought it may have been something that he like did wrong on the date, but he didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 6: It sounds like no, no, no, he didn't do anything wrong. But he needs to have his own place. He needs to be able to provide Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know we've heard that as a deal breaker and a hangar for certain people, but like, I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't want to bring that up to him during the date. You really think that's something where you would not even consider seeing him anymore because he lives.
Speaker 1: With his parents.
Speaker 6: It's a deal breaker.
Speaker 4: How come? Like, why is it for you?
Speaker 6: Because he needs to have his own money, he needs to have this stuff together just a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're like an independent woman who's out on your own, making your own life, and you want somebody that matches that energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do wonder what Russell would have to say about that, because.
Speaker 1: I need to let you know, Whitney. He is on the other line listening.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's another thing we do, right, But Russell is there.
Speaker 5: I think, Yes, I am on the line, and I'm just it blows me away to hear you say that because one of the things I learned about Whitney is that she also lives with her parents.
Speaker 1: Wait what, Oh, yes, I do live with you parent?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you mean what do you mean you live with your parents, Whitney.
Speaker 6: I mean I live with my mom and my dad. One of us needs to have our own planes.
Speaker 4: I honestly kind of get her on that. It'd be really hard to date if you both lived with your parents. Judge somebody else for.
Speaker 1: It, hypocritical.
Speaker 6: I can and I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what we're learning here is the reason that you're not going out with Russell is because he lives with his family, even though you also live with your family.
Speaker 1: That's a deal breaker.
Speaker 4: For you, exactly why, Okay, how are we going to hang out?
Speaker 6: How are we going to hang out?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: Where am I gonna cook dinner for?
Speaker 1: I'm at?
Speaker 2: It's kind of sexy if you think about it, If you're like, so, do you want to go back to your mom's house or my mom's house?
Speaker 3: I could see how that would really set in for you. After you spend just an hour in his car together.
Speaker 6: Exactly, you're going to spend a lot more.
Speaker 4: Hours and cars together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would have gone back with him his house, but we didn't have anywhere to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh Russell, you're staying awfully quiet during this to.
Speaker 5: Her, I think this is completely ridiculous, Like we should be closer to one another because we have the same situation. We're trying to get out of it. Things are crazy now and I am saving towards a goal.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: It's like, I just don't know why you put that on me completely. It just seems really like a double standard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I put it on you because you're the man and you need to get this done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, this nineteen fifty.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, we're coming heading back a lot of legal ways.
Speaker 3: So if we get out of that conversation. I mean maybe Russell, you just have a better like you have a plan of how you guys would hang out, and maybe that would change your mind.
Speaker 1: It's a good idea. We can move forward from this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, how would you guys hang out if you both live at your parents' house?
Speaker 6: Really good question.
Speaker 1: That is a good question.
Speaker 2: I mean, as the man, how would you step up and provide a place to hang out for her?
Speaker 5: I mean we could go on dates, get to know one another, and then go to the coach. You know, travel a lot. There's a lot of times where they're not going to be home.
Speaker 4: Get into a real solution. Two point zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get the house to yourself one time, or if they are home, tie up bandana around the doorknob and tell mom and dad to go watch a movie.
Speaker 4: That's probably a thing in Jeffrey's house is a sad part.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of colorful.
Speaker 4: I feel like his mom uses it more than he does.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to that room. What's happening in there?
Speaker 2: It seems like you guys have this thing in common. People die to find things that they have in common with people in.
Speaker 1: The dating world.
Speaker 3: If you can leave an hour hanging out in the car and still think that this is a fun person you want to be with.
Speaker 4: You may be miss it out.
Speaker 1: You don't want to throw that away.
Speaker 2: That's why we'd love to offer to send you guys out on another date, to somewhere outside of both of your parents' homes, and we would pay for it. If you're up for giving him another chance, Whitney, nothing has.
Speaker 6: Changed since the start of this conversation. If he gets out of his parents' house, maybe we can talk them.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Russell, it looks like we're not going to be able to get you a second date here.
Speaker 4: Parents ruined it again, jef.
Speaker 6: Hey, if you have any cute friends that have their own place, let no come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jose's got his own place, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: What a disappointment, man.
Speaker 2: I think she's really not seeing the benefits of this situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember hooking up at my parents' place when I was fifteen.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's going to be just as exciting when you're thirty five.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean the parents don't hear as well.
Speaker 1: They can't run up the stairs as fast. You're able to get away with a lot more.
Speaker 4: Blo's your curfew. It's probably two hours later than not to mention.
Speaker 2: Free PB and jays as many as you can eat. After you're done fooling around, you have to fuel up.
Speaker 1: Plus parents always have a stock fridge. I'm always I.
Speaker 3: Was actually like telling her not to be so judgy, but after that, yeah, down.
Speaker 1: I actually might move back in with my parents after this. I want to make sure.
Speaker 2: To follow Brook and Jeffrey and all of our social media is by the way at Brooke and Jeffrey. You can hear all of our second Date podcasts too. They're up online wherever you get yours Brooknjeffrey dot com
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning