Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcastle make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Welcome to the Buck Brief. Let's talk about what's going on in New York City right now for a moment, because it ties into the US Mexico border, the waves of illegal immigrants coming into the country, the Biden administration's complicity in all this. They want more of this, and where this is likely to go in the future. I think this is one of the most important issues in the immediate term. I think you could say even maybe the most important political issue in America right now, because of an awakening that's going on among the American people that this is the plan. The illegal immigration that you're seeing is in fact the plan. This is what Democrats want, this is what they've been saying for a very long time. I would first tell you the numbers. Six point eight eight million, roughly, and it'll be eight million by the time we are casting votes in November. Eight million illegals come into the country, the entire population of New York City, but illegal immigrants who come from all over the world, who are going to need massive amounts of public financial support, effectively the welfare state. You know, people talk about, oh, we're in nation immigrants. You didn't show up at Ellis Island in the you know, eighteen nineties and get told here's the four star hotel we're going to put you up in. Here's the food, here's the clothing, here's the you know, the medicines or whatever you need, and we're going to keep giving it to you. And then eventually you'll just get to become a citizen and then get all this stuff as part of the welfare state of the country.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's that was not because there was no welfare state, so none of this happened. There was no immigration customs enforcement processing that involved placing people in these shelters. I mean, these are refugee camps. Everybody, by their own admission, they're seeking asylum, so they're assilees, at least they claim to be assylees. They're lying, they're scamming the system, and they're refugees. Therefore, it's really very similar, and assie is someone who wants asylum. They're claiming a status that is the same as a refugee, but they're doing it in your country as opposed to if somebody was in Venezuela and they went to the US embassy there and they applied to come to America and that I require refugee status.
Speaker 2: Obviously that's a refugee.
Speaker 1: And this whole thing that's going on, I think people are seeing in New York City. It does have effects, and it has major costs, and it has a negative impact on a lot of people.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The Daily Mail has this video inside New York City's migrant school hotel. Shocking footage shows hundreds sleeping on the floor in Brooklyn Assembly Hall after students were kicked out of class. Parents refuse to let kids return because it is unhygienic.
Speaker 2: That is a quote.
Speaker 1: Well, they have turned this high school. They told the kids in New York. I think it's a couple thousand of them in this high school. They told them that you have to do remote learning, and we're going to turn your high school into effectively a homeless shelter or a refugee camp. It is a refugee camp for the night that they're staying there. Because the city couldn't come up with anything else. This is the best they could do, is to tell high school kids your school is now a refugee camp and you have to stay at home. I think about what that does for all those parents. Now, I know what the Democrats are going to say. They're going to say, Oh, but it's only one day. How big a deal is this really? You know, why are they making such a thing of this? Well, think of the precedent that it sets. This is now showing you that if migrants have a need, other components of the city budget and other priorities of the City of New York will be cast aside in order to cater to the needs of these illegal immigrants. Right, So why is that acceptable to anybody?
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: And what's so interesting is the more people have to deal with these migrants themselves, it seems the less excited they are about more of these migrants coming into the country, almost like something's really going on here. If you have experience of these migrants then and you see what it does to public resources, emergency rooms, the schools, you will understand that there's a problem here. And this whole game that they play it's all emotional blackmail that the Democrats have here. That's what always Oh, but there, they're not asylum seekers. They're scamming the system. They're coming from all over the world. They're just getting here because they can get here. They're paying off the cartels. They're not here because, oh, I'm you know, a political dissident in my home country.
Speaker 2: And if I that's not what's happening.
Speaker 1: That were the case, they could have applied for refugee status from that country and they might have gotten it. But no, they're showing up. You know, asylum used to be a you know, a cruise ship, let's say, was off the coast of America and you weren't actually docking, but somebody who was like a Soviet refugee or you know, a Soviet Union citizen who wanted to become a refugee would jump off, and then they would say, I'm in America, now I need asylum. You have to give me asylum, right, I mean, that's what it's supposed to be for an emergency situation for people that can't go back to their home country for reasons of persecution. And it's something that the American people do that's just supposed to be kind and our kindness is being taken advantage of millions and millions of times over it's all being made into a big laughing stock. It's all a big joke and it's just absurd that this continues on, but the Democrats want it. And we could talk about what the Democrats are going to do here and how they're going to respond to all this in just a moment. But look, do you feel prepared because with everything going on these days, the markets could turn, the dollar could tank, who knows what kind of civil unrest we could face, And you want to have a store of value on hand. It's just a smart thing to do. You want to diversify. That's where gold comes in. Gold has been used to protect assets against inflation throughout history. Gold is a global reserve asset and countries are buying massive amounts of gold as a hedge against financial collapse. Protect yourself and invest in gold. Stop thinking things are going to get better. You need to look out for yourself and your family. My friends at the Oxford Gold Group will help you understand why you need gold in your four oh one k and or why you should have gold on hand at home. I mean real physical gold. I've got some right here. It's in a safe worry about it. I keep it safe, but I got gold here on hand, and I go with the Oxford Gold Group. They want long term customers. They want people that feel like they're getting great value, great customer service, and are going to build up sensible gold reserves for themselves over time. Call the Oxford Gold Group go check them out here. The easiest way actually is go to the website. Go to the website first, Oxford Goldgroup dot com slash free, order the investment guide, or make a purchase of precious metals. Earn up the twenty five hundred dollars in free gold. That's Oxford Goldgroup dot com slash free, Oxford Gooldgroup dot com slash free.
Speaker 2: So you know, the.
Speaker 1: Democrats, Biden and all the rest of them, they are not going to change what's going on the board at all.
Speaker 2: We all know. I mean, the long term game.
Speaker 1: Is very straightforward, which is that the more people you have who will be put through the system in this country being on welfare, going to the American public school system with all its woken doctrination, and who are particularly dependent on state resources, the more Democrat voters you're going to have over long term, the more people are going to want higher taxes. But look at look at all of Latin America right now. For example, now, a lot of the migrants, to be clear, are not from Latin America. They're from Africa, they're from Asia, they're from all over the world, but not really from Europe. But they're from everywhere else all over the world. And you know, what you see in Latin America is a lot of countries that should be wealthy and should be doing quite well, but the people wanted socialism, and really all of Latin America has been turning increasingly towards socialism in recent years.
Speaker 2: It's a shame. You know, look what happened in Brazil.
Speaker 1: The big exception to this is in Argentina with Melay, because the Argentinians are just sick of inflation destroying their hopes and dreams and their economy, you know, decade after decade, I mean Argentina. But socialism has destroyed Latin America, and it's because it is a for a lot of people at the top, it's like a religion. They believe in it because they believe in it, and if they're wealthy, they think they deserve to be wealthy, and everybody else gets to have socialism. That's what really ends up happening. You have stratified wealth in these societies where you know, there's very very rich people in Brazil and then lots ofpport not a lot of very rich people, but there are some very rich people and then a lot of really poor people. And all these promises about if we just redistribute the wealth better, they'll be better off.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 1: But much of the rest of the world, I mean, if you were to yeah, they want they want stuff, they want people to give them stuff. They want some form.
Speaker 2: Of redistribution of resources, they want socialism.
Speaker 1: And the American people the ones who are going to pay for all this right because they always say, oh, they're net contributors to the economy, that's just not true. You're talking about people that are showing up that are overwhelmingly non English speaking, certainly have no advanced degrees or special skills. And for anyone who says that we shouldn't care about that, I just would say, then why do we have these immigration laws. Why can't we be honest about what's going on here? What is the point of having any of these immigration laws at all at all? If they're all going to effectively be ignored, which is exactly what is going on. That is exactly the reality that we see playing out right now. I know I asked these basic questions, and I don't think Republicans are making enough noise about this. I don't think the candidates are making enough noise.
Speaker 2: I need to hear.
Speaker 1: The D word deportation. Deportation. That's what needs to be said here. You have to ramp up deportations or nothing else changes with immigration because the incentive structure continues to be for people to come here.
Speaker 2: Illegally from all over the world.
Speaker 1: All right, Look, I know it's a new year and people are trying to get their finances in order. But there's some great news for homeowners. Interest rates have dropped. They're now in the fives, a lot lower than they were last year. If you've been buried in high interest credit card debt, now's the time to break. For American financing can help you access the cash in your home to pay off your high interest debt. Last year, their salary based mortgage consultants helped customers save an average of eight hundred and fifty four dollars a month. That's like giving yourself a ten thousand dollars raise. What a way to start the new year. The company I relied on last year myself from my own home mortgage where I live my primary residence, American Financing. They gave me excellent personalized customer service to who I went with for my own mortgage.
Speaker 2: So obviously this is who I trust, this is who i'd go with.
Speaker 1: Call American Financing today eight six six eight nine zero nine three nine two. That's eight six six eight nine zero nine three nine to two or American Financing dot net NMLS one eight two three three four nmls Consumer access dot org. So we've talked quite a bit about the immigration situation, and I hope that things start to change a bit with the way that this is talked about. I hope that people will recognize more and more that this is just going to keep getting worse. I mean, if you're going to rely on people like Mayor Eric Adams in New York City, I mean, this guy hasn't you know. Look, they are running out of resources in New York. They can't really handle this, and you know they're just going to try to get a federal bailout going something else I wanted to just talk about for a second here The Epstein names that have come out and all this Epstein stuff that's been unsealed from the testimony. I don't talk about Epstein.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I talked about him for over an hour on the on the radio show a week ago, But you know, I don't talk about this stuff that much because I think there's unfortunately, we're not going to get the answers, the real answers, because there are people involved who are just too powerful. I think that's really where it is. We have these names that are involved. They deny it, right, they all deny it. They all deny any involvement whatsoever. Every single one of them denies anything improper, any sexual activity with any of the Epstein trafficked girls occurred. And we know that that it can't be true that nobody was involved with Epstein and the blackmail schemes, right, we know that somebody was getting blackmail. So who Well, unless we have actual tapes, unless you have proof, because it's wrong to say that someone did it if you are not damn sure, because that's going to destroy somebody, right, I mean, that's a very serious allegation to make. So you got to know, and the only way you can know, right, is the proof, you know, proof like videotapes that maybe were in the Epstein safe in his New York mansion that the FBI found and then left there for four days, and we're gone when the FBI came back gone.
Speaker 2: I told you about that before. You know.
Speaker 1: I understand that some of my analysis sometimes can seem a little bit cynical about some of these matters, but that's just because I come from an intelligence background, and I I've thought about these things for many, many years. I've seen these things play out over the course of a lot of different situations. And I'm just telling you, when you have very powerful people who face absolute ruination, there is nothing that they won't do. There's no lever they will not pull in order to make sure that they do not face any consequences. And when we see some of the names involved, or I should say, some of the names that are allegedly involved with Epstein in a way that would be criminal. War was criminal, obviously, Epstein's not with us anymore. Also very strange, right, Epstein, the guy who committed suicide in the place where nobody else had ever been able to commit suicide before. I worry that this conspiracy will never actually get even if we know the answers will never be accountability, even if we know where the whole Epstein thing well what it was really all about, which we do now, But I mean, if we were to get you fill in the blanks, who you know, really know and believe who exactly was he blackmailing and on behalf of whom. No one's going to get in trouble for any of this stuff other than Epstein's gone and Gillian Maxwell is a way for twenty years. Why is it that we never hear from Gillian Maxwell about any of this? Have you ever noticed that she knows everything? She knows everything right pretty much? Well, then why doesn't she tell us everything? Obviously, Well, she doesn't want to further incriminate herself. She's already spending twenty years in prison, you know what I mean. And there's it seems like there's no interest really even in the people that dig for information and dig for the truth, to try to get to the truth about it. It's telling you, I'm not a conspiracy guy. There's an Epstein conspiracy for sure, and we still haven't found out some very big.
Speaker 2: Pieces of it.
Speaker 1: And I'm just I'm doubtful that we'll ever really know because the kinds of people and the kinds of entities that could get us those answers, a lot of them don't want to because of who would be implicated.
Speaker 2: I think that's where we are with it.
Speaker 1: Look these days, as you know, you can be targeted by the left, targeted by the woke, and they can go after you in a whole bunch of different ways. Well, I want to talk to you about something you should just have in your back pocket. It comes from my friends at Patriot Defender. They offer a no cost legal defense to protect your rights, freedom's reputation, and way of life. If you speak up at a school board meeting about vaccine mandate and suffer consequences, your legal defense is covered. Your right to free speech is denied, you suffer consequences, legal defense is covered Patriot Defender. Their website is patriot defender dot com and they probably able. You got a check to provide this in your state. They're adding states all the time. You got to check first, But if they can't yet, they will be able to as soon. IRS audit targeting. If you're targeted because of your political beliefs, they can provide you with a no cost legal defense Second Amendment issues. You have to defend yourself with a firearm, speak up at a school board meeting, like I say about vaccines or anything like that. Defender is there for you, and they do something that really is important because they provide you with legal resources to defend yourself successfully. That's the whole point. Patriot Defender dot com. Patriot defender dot com, it's the only place we can get a membership that goes beyond defense for concealed carry weapons. They'll cover what others won't and they'll protect you, your family and your livelihoods. So that, my friends, is oh one more thing I was throwing there Fauci. Fauci says that he doesn't think that learning loss necessarily occurred in schools.
Speaker 2: I just I hope that there are a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Who feel deep shame at having believed this evil, little lab coat stalinist turd. Fauci is a is a horrible coward and the despicable human being. And what he did put millions and millions of people, I mean hundreds of millions of people through so much unnecess anxiety and challenge and loss. And he is one of the most shameful people who have ever held any kind of power in the United States in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: And I think he could argue he.
Speaker 1: Probably did more damage to more people than anyone else in the history of the United States. I really believe that. I think Fauci is the worst ever in many ways. So when he says he's not sure the kids have learned it, of course he's not taking any responsibilities for anything that's happened. He was just up on Capitol Hill getting grilled by Congress. But he knows nothing's going to happen to him. He's actually good about to get really rich. He's got a book, he's gonna have documentaries because the Left celebrates the sky still because they want to create that little safe space for themselves where they're not a bunch of morons for believing this guy for as long as they did. They should be ashamed, but they have no shame. All right, tomorrow, we'll talk about something happy at the end of the show. But that's it for today.
Speaker 2: Shield Time