Speaker 1: Otani on the move. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports books. It's me Joey P. Joe Pi's apia with me today is the Welsh, and of course all of you are peanuts and our cracker jacks. In case you're looking at the calendar, it's seven twenty nine, which means that Joey P is going to turn into a baseball pumpkin on August first, because the NFL demands are just too much of my big giant bald head and the Welsh and an amazing group of people, including our own Casey Bubba, our own Wonky Penguin, and some other very exciting guests going to join Welsh in my stead. We are not leaving you like some other places they just abandoned you in baseball season. No, no, no, We know our audience and we know their hardcore. The only problem is, well, you know, my brain actually started to melt earlier this week when I didn't even know what show I was on. So it comes a point in time where the old man has to start focusing in one direction. But I am to see my peanuts and cracker jacks go. I'm always here for them. But I'm very happy that you are going to take over the reins here going forward with some fantastic hooks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be in good hands.
Speaker 3: If everybody wants to hang with me, I should go on you know that Instagram app. I don't know if you ever do the reels, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Try the bald filter. I should just do the bald filter.
Speaker 1: On each There you go, bald in the crown the way to go.
Speaker 2: We're getting there, so.
Speaker 1: You know you say that, but then like when we hung out in March, you know, yeah, the hair and the whole spike, but I got it good.
Speaker 2: The full head of hair going.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that you've got the full Are you going bald in the back because I can't hear so much than me.
Speaker 3: I can't see the kind of thin in the front side. So we're almost there.
Speaker 1: If you got it flaunted until you han't anymore, and then when it's going, take charge of that. Sob don't you always.
Speaker 2: Told me that?
Speaker 3: By the way, in the industry, he says, Hey, if you've got it flaunted.
Speaker 1: Advice hashtag if you got it flaunted. All right, it's uh, look, I'm glad we're not starting the news today with some incredible, depressing Mic Trout story like yesterday, because that was that was not the way I wanted to start the show yesterday. But then you know, it was the biggest news you could possibly imagine, and so something you really had to talk about. So instead, we're gonna talk about shoeo Toni today all day long because struck out eleven. Uh. So here you go, Angels fans, Now you have to worry about Mike trouton never playing shoeo Tony is so good that now all of a sudden, I wonder if the Angels president or owner was listening to the show yesterday, because I called for an entire top to bottom rehul of the organization, and I think trading Otani is the thing to do. Apparently they are really seriously listening now. Uh. And he struck out eleven they lost to the Rangers. I mean he's acquiring two assets to let show Heyo Tani walk in a contract. Ear would be the dumbest thing ever. And the more service time you give to another team, the bigger the hall of prospects. I am. You know you asked me about percentages of Sodo and I said I was at ninety nine percent. He gets traded, Yeah, Otani, I would have said, like ten a week ago. Now I'm at a coinfoot I'm at fifty to fifty. Where are you with this?
Speaker 3: So here's what's interesting about it is essentially the talks are like the exact same thing as Soda. They're saying they want the top four prospects of any system or whatever. And the only reason I think the cause what do you say to your fifty percent?
Speaker 1: I'd say, I think it's a coin flop. Right now.
Speaker 3: I think I'm like twenty five percent, but I was zero percent, like you know, ten days ago. The reason this is interesting is you already have four to six teams that have put out these huge, massive offers interested in Sodo. Those same offers could go and apply to the Angels.
Speaker 1: So he's more impact, if you think, because you're getting two players and now the National League has the d H so you don't have to worry about that act anymore. That was that was the bigger stumbling block to trading Otani's because well, you know, how does that work with a National league team. You don't have any of that nowadays. That's all gone with the new CBA. Baby, it's a new world. It's the brave new world. And Otani, I mean, the Angels should be open for business here. If they get four big prospects, they should do it.
Speaker 2: They're so bad.
Speaker 3: It's they made Spencer Howard last night, who I bet against. I lost my butt off because of Spencer. They made Spencer Howard look like a cy Young Award winning It was nuts that they couldn't get any hits. They couldn't do anything. I mean, it would have been nice if Otani would have gotten two total bases in a bet as well. But they're atrocious in every facet of the game, and with the trout news, with what they've built with their system, looks like listen, I'm not four this. Like even in Fantasy, if you guys send me a trade and you're like, hey, I can get these three or four guys, but I got to give up this great player nine out of ten times. I'm even if you're rebuilding, I'm gonna be like, no, I'm gonna keep the great player. I want great I want to build around great players because I think I can build around them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the Angels can do that.
Speaker 3: The Angels don't seem competent in it, so they might be best suited to move on from Otani get as many pieces as they possibly can, because this organization just doesn't feel like.
Speaker 2: They are not gonna complete next year.
Speaker 1: They are not close. And the longer you wait on Otani you are walking a very thin line because the injury risk is very high because he's a pitcher. So if he gets hurt in August and needs Tommy John surgery, then you are really up the creek without a paddle. Consider that if you're the Angels, like yeah, and you know, honestly, if you're a fantasy owner too, from a fantasy perspective, you have Otani right now, and you know you're in a keeper league situation with him. I think it's fascinating if you're not competing somehow. I don't know how you would have Autani not be competing, but if you were in that scenario, this would be the cash in time for him as well, because if be going to a contender, he can't get much better statistically speaking, I mean maybe some more wins would be nice, but other than that like, statistically it can't get better. But if you're a non competitive team that you can only hold on at Tony for another year, I would look to be cashing him in too. But to me, the Angels have to start having this realization that they are not gonna be competitive next year either. It is time to cash in all the chips and you know a lot. Doctor Glenn put it in here in the chat. But he's right, Oh, Tani is a better asset to win right now than Sodo because you're getting two players for one, and that's worth a lot and something the Angels should really think about.
Speaker 3: I just don't know, like who can make it happen? God, I feel like I probably do say this all the time, but I immediately was thinking, you know, like like the Angels would a I'm sorry that the Angels, the Mariners would have the number one need for a guy like him. They need rotational help. They could you know, another bat would go really well in there. Oh my god, that would make sense. The Cardinals, the Cardinal would make all the sense in the world as well, though they'd be pushing a certain somebody off at d H. But again, you could use some more bat help. And you could use the starting pitcher. There are teams that you know, I.
Speaker 2: Think the focus you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, the padres of all that pitching. You know, if you're going to move a pitcher back in that deal.
Speaker 2: Maybe for the Angels, that's a lot of snell, a lot of Snell rumors.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that I could like it might be a combination of major and minor league players. It's funny. I I thought about this and I wanted to ask you the question. I know my feelings on it, which is is it harder for Like, if I'm the Angels, I think it's harder to trade Otani to the Dodgers, then it is necessarily if you're the Washington Nationals to trade Soto to the Mets. It's in your division. But the end of the day, who cares is the playoffs. But there's it's kind of like the it's it's it's the public perception is almost worse from a pr standpoint, then in division doesn't matter as much as ew, we're giving our best player to the Dodgers. Angels fan, that does not sit well with you, but check this out the Angel I'd rather give him to the Mariners. I don't think they could trade them to the Yankees. You can't trade them to a powerhouse Yankees team.
Speaker 2: You're both easier.
Speaker 1: Than the Dodgers, if you know what, I actually disagree.
Speaker 2: I actually think the Yankees are something.
Speaker 3: How can they stomach if they want to be competitive, that they've moved him to a team that is gonna not even allow them to get to the World Series. I know what you're saying. What you're saying is not wrong. Dodgers Angels trying to compete for that share. It's a bad look. But I think the Yankees might be the worst of all of them. So then you're starting to deal with like, you know, would the Mariners be a destination? He would even want to go back to the Cardinals or kind of that middle ground area of stuff. I don't know, it's crazy that we're having this discussion. It's crazy that this really is being I.
Speaker 1: Know, Oh, Tani Sodo like all these high What in a fantasy trade? What would you expect back from Otani?
Speaker 2: You know what a lot?
Speaker 3: I own Otani in the Scott White twenty fourteen league. It's a points league, though I have not received Oh did.
Speaker 1: You take over the team that I abandoned. They go to you.
Speaker 3: Well, they did like a draft. They did like a draft, and I took Otonni.
Speaker 2: I didn't even get him in.
Speaker 1: The just not the dynasty league he runs.
Speaker 2: This is the dynasty league. No, I think I took over you. But they did a like like a draft with a rearranging of it. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I've got Otani and I've had him.
Speaker 3: I've received the worst trade offers you could ever see, and then people have stopped sending offers. I mean, really, I haven't received one good offer in that league.
Speaker 2: I got people.
Speaker 3: I have Bobby wit Corbyn, Carroll, Shohio, Tani, and I would expect minimum three pieces for Otani and if if I were moving off of him, and at least two have to be of the highest quality. I mean we're talking massive, massive, high quality and like a standard let's just say fifteen team rotor league if I were moving OTAWNI See. The problem is is the prospect game isn't as sexy as it usually is. So you know the top of the game is like.
Speaker 1: Don Well, in a redraft league, Let's let's do it in a redraft league. In a redraft league, I would want I'm trying to think it would be I have to be a pitch are probably in the like Aaron Maybe Aaron Nola is even to like Aaron Nola and a hitter? Is that would that be o Tani level?
Speaker 2: I mean easy, Well, and see here's the problem.
Speaker 3: Then you go start going all right, well, is this a weekly or is this the daily transaction league? That's fair because Otani is a little bit of a different price. I I think Aaron Nola and let's just just jump to my mind. I know he got banged up yesterday, George Springer. I don't even I don't even know if that's enough. Honestly, I don't even know if that's good. Though those are the stats that Atani puts up in general.
Speaker 1: So well, that's the thing. It's like, you need to get what you're trading off, the risk of having all that injury potential in one player for two other players and then and but he's that enough? That is the question? Or do you need you know, maybe a picture you're buying low on a little bit and then two other players. I guess it's it really is e of the beholder at this point. But it's it's fascinating because the fantasy value or even dynasty value of Showyotani versus the real life value. The real life value of showy Otani is going to bring back a huge haul of prospects as big, if not bigger than Sodo. Then Nats have a problem here because if Otani really is in the mix, they better take whatever the best offer is, and they better not wait because they I can see a lot of teams going, oh, whoa, you want all this, but we can get Otani for all of next year two and he's a pitcher and a hitter. I don't know, Wan Soda sounds like a great idea, but you know what, we're gonna do it this way. They better watch themselves. You know.
Speaker 3: The Mets would make one of the biggest sense here for Otani of all of them. I just don't know if their system is as ripe as some of the other system I mean, you know, if you have the Mariners offering you know, the Martes and the Kirby's, and you've got the Yankees that are out there actually offering Jason and Volpi and that type of stuff, I don't think they can compete in that, but they would fit that like big market to be aggressive in the NL that I think would really work it.
Speaker 2: Otani offen to that side, but I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: SOA looks like it's it's gonna happen and they are just gonna wait till the last minute to see what teams are gonna bit against each other. I want to I actually want to see the Sodo trade go down now so teams can turn their attention and get hyper aggressive on on Tony if it's gonna happen. The problem is is if this doesn't go down, this would be a guest of mine. If this doesn't go down until you know, trade deadline day, the Sodo trade, it could be harder unless team unless there have been enough teams that have just taken themselves out of the race, like there's a reported Yankees have removed themselves from the trade discussions. I just think it'll be hard to last minute put an O Twani trade together.
Speaker 1: But if I don't know the money or Sodo become a met I will show up next week and I will be hammer drunk at noon and it's gonna be awesome. I just want to tell you, so you should all be ready for that as baseball fans, I am gonna be on here so excited. All right, let's talk about other things not named Showy Altani. We'll come back to it in a second. Uh Trade Turner three hits and a steal versus the Rockies, and Tyler Anderson seven inning against the Rockies. We talked about him as the APPO player of the night. Hopefully you listen there. Especially on Fandle he was super cheap. He's super cheap on DK as well. Alex Bregman in a homer and also drove in three against the Mariners. Bregman, we just did a video last week about him about Look, this is one of the biggest second half buys you could possibly go in on. All the deeper stats are good on Bregman. If you haven't already, please throw some trade offers out there for Bregman. I know the window might be closing because he's been good. He had a home run against the Yankees last week, but he came back. Bregman to me, was one of these perfect bi low candidates out there, who are you gonna gains star back. Also, of the Mets did make a trade for Tyler Naquin, so again bench outfielder get him in kind of in a rotation of stuff that makes a lot of sense. Aaron Judge his third walk off home run against the Royals, and George Springer is gonna be evaluated for the elbow discomfort. We'll see what brings of that. You don't want that to be the case of you're the Blue Jays. You want to be a full strength. Also, Corey Seger left with a lower laying injury, but just precautionary. So everything seems to be okay there.
Speaker 3: I'll also just to hear the thing real quick if you guys remember me mentioning it if you follow me on Twitter at is at the Welsh. I was over at the Rangers facility last night and I can report Josh Young looking pretty good.
Speaker 2: One of the top process Yeah, yes, yes, let's talk about you know, from a.
Speaker 3: Dynasty perspective, was a top one hundred guy. First at bat since October of twenty twenty one. I watched all three of visit bats. That dude, by the way, after his third at bat, boom, he was out. He was out of there. But I took some pictures in video, all good swings, lots of loft. Last one he got a hit.
Speaker 2: Look fast. I was surprised how fast he.
Speaker 3: Looked like, trimmed out a little bit, looked very healthy, good spirits and kind of think there's the potential for the back half of this year for him to get the call up if they're a little aggressive with the assignment. But just letting everybody know he got his first at bats. He's going to play an infield next week. And if you want to see some video, you can go check out my Twitter timeline is the Welsh. Also, I talked to Kamara Rocker. Kamara Rocker, I actually weirdly, I parked my car, I got out of my car and Kamar was just walking on the sidewalk and I was like, hey, what I did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, well yeah, actually you know I interviewed him, but it's because they had this apartment complex right next to this.
Speaker 1: How do you do that? You just walk up and say like, hey, I'm paparazzi. Can I interview I'm the Welsh.
Speaker 3: Well I didn't interview him there. I interviewed him at a stadium years ago. But no, he literally I got out of my car, had my bag, start walking and he's just walking right to the side, big old water jug and I was like.
Speaker 1: Hey, didn't recognize you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, very few, very few records A white guy. Yeah, good guy. And I'd be like, oh you call me big guy.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know, but.
Speaker 3: Kamar is here just letting everybody know he is hanging out at the Ranger's facility him and.
Speaker 1: Just said this, I'm the Welsh. You know me?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Don't you know who I am? I'm the Welsh. One other implication I think needs to be talked about. And I haven't heard anybody mentioned this yet, but but we might have a wrinkle in our MVP plans because if Otani does get traded all of a sudden, the al MVP shares we have Votani go to so big picture Joey p is here to help all of you with this. I would right now, even though it's minus money, most places put some money on Aaron judge. You have to hedge this, and you have to do it with a good sized number to make some money back to make up the Otani share. Again, it's a fifty to fifty. It's a coin flip. I don't think it's a bad investment anyway. I don't think you want to dip out of the Otani investment, but you have to if you haven't already hedge on on Aaron Judge for MVP. You have to do it because when he leaves in the American League, if he does, those chairs go up and smoke.
Speaker 3: But do you think it would hurt if he was traded to another American League team as well?
Speaker 1: And or you have to you have to think fifty percent. Like I said, you have to open the field up to the National League more.
Speaker 2: Now, No, no, I agree with what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I think I think the Mets, Dodgers, Padres, Cardinals are all better potential suitors except for the Yankees in the americanly the Yankees.
Speaker 3: I think your your Judge idea is a great idea, and I would do it on a site like fandel where you can do your constant cash outs just in case even if you you know, if he doesn't get traded and then you sell it off and you lose a buck or two whatever, you can do that. But I'm saying if he were just an hypothetical be traded to the Yankees.
Speaker 1: That was my next thing. I was like, what if he gets traded to the Yankees. But to watch him and Judge together, my god, like that would hurt. But even if it hurts Judge, it hurts Judge.
Speaker 2: It does hurt Judge.
Speaker 1: But also the media attention goes to Otani immediately because he's pitching and all, my god, moving that little ballpark.
Speaker 3: Oh god, would that burned into his MVP if he was moved to a new team. And then you're taking away the context of the pre You think writers and everything would kind of ding him that he's now on a new destination and they're almost going to kind of write off some of what he did early well year.
Speaker 1: It's not so much that dinging him if he goes to another American League team, it's the what if he goes to a National League team that he's out of the running, which is fascinating because he then might become in the National League running. Because as good as Paul Goldschmid's been, if Shoeo Tani has the same August September kind of lift off crazy season and propels a team into the playoffs and just like completely just absolutely goes sho Heo Tani on the world, you would I would immediately again look to the National League odds and see what they are, because it could be as good as six to one because he's late in the game. But there's every reason to think that he could win it. There's so many fascinating betting implications from the Otani movement. Potentially that again I've heard nobody talk about. But this is why you're here and leading off every day to hang out with us. Let's go switch gears here to some other fun stuff. Fun fact Camdy Yards lest Yes, it could be Treman City's last game there. His last hit might have been an inside the park on run ball, hit the outfielder in the head and then the trem Man CD ran around the basis. So that was a nice moment, This thing in baseball history. In nineteen ninety six, Tommy Lesorda called it a career after twenty seasons as the Dodger manager. He had a heart attack and an angioplasty, and he was like, I'm good, I'm good. I'm gonna call it a day. I'm not gonna come back. But that's what it took to get that guy off the field. Aaron Judge walked off the field as a winner yesterday. He finished second in the twenty seventeen I'm sorry he finished first in the twenty seventeen American League Rookie of the Year voting. The question for today is in trevia who finished second in twenty seventeen. If you know the answer, drop it in the chat at Fantasy pros MLB. Of course, to make a comment, you have to be a subscriber here. In the meantime, here's the Fantasy stat heroes from yesterday. Brady Singer ten K's Welsh. How good has Brady Singer been in the last few starts? My goodness? Where did this come?
Speaker 3: I mean, good lord too. This was another one of those I just got slapped on the rist yesterday where I'm like, I'm gonna attack Brady Singer against the Yankees, I'm gonna attack Spencer Howard versus the Angels, and nope, Brady Singer has everything going for him right now, big strikeouts.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's gonna be interesting to see.
Speaker 3: I do feel like he is getting to be one of these guys where he goes on those runs, He's got that like five or six start run awesome, then Taper's back then comes back. I just don't know if the consistency is quite there. I know my buddy Nick Pollock was kind of tearing some of it apart, but he was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Gave up one hit, struck out ten yesterday on a very very difficult, difficult team to do.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: We had Tyler Anderson we mentioned into the top. Jam Is and ty On also good in that game with the Royals no earned over six eight k Zach Wheeler aks. He was our main DFS guy. Him and Wheeler. We were talking about Lee last night and Tyler Anderson so did well last night. Alex Wood and Yarborough also six strong innings for both those guys. Hitters. Matt Chapman two Dingers look at that there and need him to step up, especially if George Springer missus any time. Xander Bogarts went yard one for two, Hayzus Aguilar with a home run, Calvin Mitchell three four with a homer, three rebbies for Trey Turner. Alex Bregman looked real good at the plate yesterday. Kevin Hello Newman to Ribby's himself. Kyle Schwarber hit a home run, so did Nathaniel Low and Trey Mancini, of course, the inside the Parker. In terms of pitchers, stat zero's eh, I mean familiar blowing the lead. Not too bad of a night for the pitching. Joey Bart over four two k's with Maryfield over four, two k's, Brian Hayes over five, two k's, Ryan mount Castle over four with three k's. Take that. That's your karma. Mike Mahyor for all of the discussion and all the hazing of Paul Blackburn all this time in JJ Blade after hitting his first home run, went over five with three k's. There again, we don't have a home run board, so just have to take everyone's word for it that Mike Mahyor is still on it, but High Cubes is still at the top with thirty seven. The bloom is or to blum Is thirty four, Title Chasers thirty three, Mike Mayor apparently thirty three with Nike King in the North. I feel like Niking in the North was on that leader board and number one for so long ever and has gone ice cold. I can't buy it home one.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he's okay. I haven't heard from him, haven't seen anything.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's okay.
Speaker 3: But by by the way, Hikobe got a schwarberbomb yesterday to further that lead.
Speaker 2: Just so everybody now.
Speaker 1: Also, Red Baron got the answer. Andrew Bennin tend was second that year in the Rookie of the Year voting, and now the Yankees have the number one and the number two guys in the Rookie of the Year voting for twenty seventeen. Isn't that nice story?
Speaker 2: That's what they always were trying to do.
Speaker 1: Feel good story, all right? You know it's the feel good story. Bet MGM the king of sports books, They've got all the feel good stories. A thousand dollars risk free bet can be yours. Use the promo code leading off, Go to bet mgm app or go to betmgm dot com. Bet responsibly, but one thousand dollars up to a thousand dollars risk free bet up over there right now. All you gotta do is join today and use that promo code leading off. Today's a little tricky from the prop market. Bobby ray FanDuel five and a half K's I like the over on that minus one thirty eight. Alec Manoa got to pay a one to fifty minus one fifty juice, But I think it's worth it if you put it in a parlay in the five and a half k's over on DK on Andy FanDuel Sandy al Contres at five and a half k's was that this morning again minus one fifty big juice, and then Jordan Alvarez. I know it's a potentially tough matchup against Robbie Ray, but plus one thirty five on Alvarez, I mean for total bases one and a half. Give that to me. Tough night. But Welsh, what did you find when he started to sparse through stuff?
Speaker 2: Well? I like the Sandy one.
Speaker 3: I hate the juice. If I was pairing it with something, I think my pair would be Jose al Tuove. Total bases at one and a half over, I'd like to put that together great BVP numbers, then go over five hundred.
Speaker 2: A couple others.
Speaker 3: I like Brian Bio three and a half strikeouts. It's kind of a low total versus a strikeouty team.
Speaker 2: So he's is that a real word strikeout e? Nope, that's my word.
Speaker 3: It's just just one of mine's a strikeye OUDI Teamy and Bio has gotten up to eighty pitches, which was what I was looking for. If they're letting him go that marker, so I feel comfortable with that. It's against Milwaukee, Milwaukee bottom like seven in the league in strikeouts per game and Vladimirgerer Junior little bases one and a half, one of the probably better matchups versus a crappy pitcher. So sandyel tuve Bio and Vladimir Guerrero Junior.
Speaker 2: My four plays.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the next section here. Of course, a little DFS Garrett Cole on the Mountain night ten point four certainly a good investment on dk Alec Minoa was nine point four, though a thousand dollars different. So I definitely look at him as a secondary arm or even a pivot off the big guys. But if you are going to pay up Brandon wood Trof, I think is the best matchup potentially a ten k. I mean, I think it's just gonna smoke them, tricky one because you have Verlander and home against Robbie Ray. The Seattle Mariners have just been getting owned lately by the Houston Astros. And again, Daddy, this is this is the problem. Now, like you kind of want to go in on the Verlanders out of this game. But if you're looking to go opo, this is a way to break that streak a little bit. Robby Ray at nine to three. He put him with Woodroff. That's an interesting tournament lineup. I think Lance Lynn is gonna be popular two tonight on D he's just six point eight as the secondary army, the logia do whatever you want, so consider exposure to Robbie Ray maybe one share in a tournament tonight. The same could be said. I think over on fandel where he's nine point seven, that's a good tournament salary pitcher over on FanDuel with once again low roster percentage because he's going, oh, they haven't beaten the Astros, blah blah blah, all that stuff. Brandon Woodruff at ten point three also good investment. Alec Manoa ten two. Then you have an interesting one too because you have Bassett nine to nine against all Contra at eleven four. I don't want to invest in I'll contract eleven four because once again he could pitch great and not get the win. How many times would we watch this terrible team. I actually think Chris Bassett has some APO appeal. What do you think of Bassett and Robbie Ray as some of those guys tonight that have a little bit of opposite love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Bassett's a tough one because it's against Sandy, But I like the logic. I like both of the logic on those because Sandy would be probably my biggest avoid of everything you just said from a DFS perspective because of that right there. I mean eleven four the win at the end, I like that. I mean, I don't know how everybody. Everyone's gonna be on it, but like Manoa would probably be my number one play.
Speaker 2: It's I think there's a good opportunity for a win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's a good cash game there for sure. All right, let's get to our home run calls of the night. Where are you going for your home run call this evening?
Speaker 2: Welsh?
Speaker 3: So I am going to go with Jose Altuve, who I mentioned my total base kind of something I like to do on my homer calls. I like to pair that with my total bases. But I want to pivot for the weekend, so put it in the books here. I want a Goldie weekend. I almost went with Goldie I'm gonna go with Altuve and then Goldie for Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Aaron Judge in perpetuity. That's right, this is my August perpetuity call. It's terrible, it's chalky, but you know, keep getting some home runs. And this time I learned my lesson to check back in on where we are, cause last year I did the Bryce Harper one and it went bananas and then everybody went past me and then just took Bryce Harper so they I couldn't catch up. So it's fair gamesmanship. I respect that. Don't hate the player, hate the game. So I'm there. I'm gonna go with Aaron Judge as my perpetuity pick here for the rest of the season. So every time Aaron Judge it's a home run, you can be miserable because you hate the Yankees and because something good happened for me and I like to be the villain of the show. I have enjoyed this season so much with you, Welsh. It has been so great to hang out here again. I can't stress this strongly enough. Make sure you follow him on Twitter at Isit the Welsh. If you played Dynasty, you must be listening to the Prospect one podcast he does, and of course join the itail army over on Patreon. They got great stuff him and Bogman, great guests all the time. But they've got the live streams going there. They got all these things. But I want to personally just thank you for coming in this year doing such fantastic work here on the show. And you know it's good because you filled literally the seat of Dan Harris, and we needed somebody that was well above six feet tall to do that and you did that.
Speaker 3: No, well, definitely big enough to fill that seat. But we all miss Dan. We're gonna miss you, my friend. Hopefully I can maybe even convince and steal you to make a surprise appearance once or twice. Just listen in and chalk it up with everybody.
Speaker 1: Shirtless hammered Juan Soto to the Mets. Put it in the books and if Showy Otani like, that's something I haven't even wrapped my brain around yet, but I mean some I once again, I'm in a coin flip here with Otani because if I'm the Angels. Look, it's been great, but are you gonna win? Do you have anything in this pipeline? You know the system, how's the Angel system?
Speaker 2: Give them a great It's oh yeah, it's the.
Speaker 1: Minus system at best.
Speaker 3: I would say it's yeah, it's it's bottom half of the league for sure. They got Sam Bachman as a pitcher. I mean, Adela isn't prospect eligible anymore. They got a couple other dudes out there.
Speaker 2: It's not great.
Speaker 3: It's not a good It's not a system that you build off of. They need to replenish. They probably love for it to not have to be Otani that they're doing it from. But you know, you have four or five guys that could change a course for the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: And Otani would absolutely be the biggest impact trade deadline guy. You're getting two players for one that is incredible. And you know what, we would then have the chance to watch Shoeyotani in the playoffs, which is good. That's good for baseball. We need that. We need Showeo Tani in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: We need I was thinking the same thing earlier. That's so funny you said that.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, can you believe that we're sitting here not getting to see show Heyo Tani just absolutely go bonkers in the playoffs right now.
Speaker 2: We need that every single year.
Speaker 3: And we're not agree if I think if Otani or Soda gets traded, you got to at least record me a video that I can play on here in one of them of you just going off about it.
Speaker 2: Or given your take, Well, we'll discuss that off air.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, off all the PENUTSA Cracker Jacks. I don't know Riley, but Riley has just summed it up here. This is quintessential. It's so funny seeing Mets fans not even able to comprehend being unbelievably good because they've been scared for so long. And Riley was one hundred percent correct on that one hundred percent. But who knows, I mean, who knows where the rest of the season is going to take us. But again, I want you to stay with us here on fancy pros MLB channel. Again. Uh, Chris, tell us, who are you got? You got? Wonky? Is Mike Mayer even gonna show up once in a while?
Speaker 3: We got I don't think we have any mayor And the ratings go way down with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I might have a couple surprise guests for next week. We'll see because there's gonna be there's a chance you guys might occasionally get a solo show with me, which I would tell you I'm gonna rely heavy on the comment thread as we go through the rest of the year, I might kind of do it in general. I might pick up a question or two from the chat, so make sure that you guys are hanging in there. But next week we definitely do have Bubba and Wonky, and then I think the rest of the schedule is pretty filled with with with people every single day. It's just next week is a little bit lighter, so I might have a couple other surprises.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. All right, that'll do it for me, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p I'll see you next time. Kids, Enjoy your baseball.