Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor set De Montree More and new He scrugs.
Speaker 2: It is a lost Monday right here from the start.
Speaker 3: Frisco.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's not Victor's.
Speaker 2: Panther lost panther Loss Monday. You're in the players houe bighty bye Aristocrat Gaming. Got Anthony Dorset, former NFL player's dad is Hall of Famer Tony Dorset highst Trophy.
Speaker 3: When we've got Trey Moore here.
Speaker 5: It's me.
Speaker 6: I'm buckling them though I'm trying. I'm just trying to buckle up.
Speaker 3: Hey man, no need to buckle up that a flight is open.
Speaker 2: No, Rico, let everybody off the flight, now, Rico, let everybody off that flight.
Speaker 6: You talking about somebody still nervous, Like you know how you see somebody get be so bad where you're just like ooh, like so I grew up one or twelve kids, so you know when one person got a whoop up, like everybody knew in the house to go sit down and lay load for a little bit.
Speaker 5: That's what Rico came in here did.
Speaker 7: Hey, bro like watching that yesterday. It was one of those type of things, And I watched it this morning again and I'm just I'm like he told y'all, he talked noise to y'all, and then there was no resolve in getting the job done.
Speaker 4: Nothing nothing.
Speaker 6: You didn't see no fight like you just you think of that old guy that say, hey, son, I'm about to go ahead. It's gonna hurt me, roll up the sleeve. And you washed him. Whooped you like you said. I watched it last night. I went back and watch it this morning because I'm looking at these stats. I'm like, man, he had a career high the week before and told y'all, I'm coming to do this, had a career high and rushing attempt thirty the most ever.
Speaker 5: So his team believed them.
Speaker 6: They said, Hey, we going to back you in this buffet up coming thirty rushes. You talking about two hundred and thirty nine. That's the all time high that he said, Hey, I'm coming out here, having a record breaking day, record targets and record receiving yard age.
Speaker 2: Stilla said it from the top here. Cowboys lose to the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte thirty to twenty seven. Their former teammate rico'doddell, who rushed two hundred yards against Miami, said after the game they know to buckle up. Then during the week, when asked about it again, he said, I will stand by what I said. They know buckle up. Brian Schottenheimer, the Cowboys head coach, said they'll be buckled up. I asked Kenny Clark, asked, ol so diggin do it? Asked Sam Williams. These guys said they was ready to go. Kenny said, hey, man, he hain't faced us yet. Well, yeah, yeah, it wasn't good. So Rico Daddle ended up with two hundred and thirty nine total yards. That is a Carolina Panthers franchise record. Franchise been around since nineteen ninety three. He had thirty carries for one hundred and eighty three yards. And I was there at the game last night. I was trying to understand why are they throwing it? What are you doing that for? It was like a third and four they threw it. Why why would you do that? Rico averaged six.
Speaker 3: Point one yards of carry, doing whatever you want to, doing whatever you want as a team. Okay, go look at the number. Okay what they did to them as a team.
Speaker 2: Carolina ran thirty eight times two hundred sixteen yards five point seven yards and a carry. Etn had three carries seventeen yards after five point seven. I mean, dude, they were doing whatever they wanted. This was embarrassing. Yeah, clearly embarrassing, very embarrassing.
Speaker 7: But like the whole thing, you know, like I he being in this organization playing with some of these dudes that's still in the same team that he was here with. He knew whose heart was pumping blood and who was pumping kool aid and stood on it. And then at the same time with the guys who were not part of the organization last year, the free previous years when he was here. You know, it doesn't matter at that point. It's just about being a man and saying to yourself, like, can't lets you talk to me like this or talk about us like this? You know, and and the whole thing, Like I always say, defense is a game, and it's one dude with the ball. I remember just asking my dad when I was a kid, because I got tired of playing running back, like.
Speaker 4: Man, how do you do this?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 7: Like every place somebody hitting you like and that's when I realized, like, I'd rather be part of the gang than the dude just getting victimized out there.
Speaker 3: Hand out the licks come on, man, you know.
Speaker 7: And so as a motivation factor and we always talk about it and everything else like that, it was just no show.
Speaker 4: And it's so deflating and so disappointing to see that.
Speaker 2: The first play nine yards right, So he came out to so I thought, oh, maybe maybe maybe kept ongoing. Man, It's just this was this was Muhammad Ali call and shot with Brown.
Speaker 3: He was gonna knock you out in and then he went and he did it. And afterwards, you know, guys said props to Rico.
Speaker 5: He did it.
Speaker 2: Props Oh yeah, yan ye, Kenny Clark, that props you got?
Speaker 6: You got you what you're gonna say, Oh man, you fucked up? Yeah you don't shut out? It is time to shut up. But it's like, what can you say, like give me first of all, those those guys have to speak that they're the big name guys.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get asked about it. I respect, I respect.
Speaker 6: My dogs at he said, I'm not the big name, y'all not gonna ask me for the sound bike. He had to he was on the Panthers, you know, all this and that how to feel to come back here. Like I said, I'm not gonna give nobody the props like.
Speaker 5: That, especially on air. But what can you say when somebody did it to you, man? You let him do it, Like.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you talk about boxing, and they loved them to sleep because the way that I've seen, I'm like, yeah, nine yards, that's big, but you know three three, you know, we're still keeping them crowd and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, they can do it.
Speaker 6: And then all of a sudden, that levy door just started open where it was like he was lowing you. He couldn't take no more. It's just, oh, man, the guard was down to where you've seen by I don't know if they were defeated or tired, but by the end of that first quarter you started seeing three yards and three hard yards go to five or six yards each carrier he was he was running at least four yards before he got touched. And then it's just he just got up and he just kept going.
Speaker 2: It was like I said, he started off with a nine yard carry and he just kept on getting chunk yards and chunk yards, and so they weren't doing anything and when stopped.
Speaker 5: It was straight vanilla. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like you had exotic runs or you know, double reverses or you know.
Speaker 5: Play action passed.
Speaker 6: It was went straight right here, like we're running straight down in you. The most exotic thing that I seen was a backguard pool trap where you're basically saying, hey, five officers linement. Instead of us charging towards you, you have your center that goes right here and you have a guard. It's a quick trap on that tackle. They did that maybe once or twice, but it was straight what they say back in the day downhill football.
Speaker 2: So what I did not understand come second half watching the football game there, Charlotte, where's an adjustment?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 2: Hey man, we're getting killed. He's running. He's running on you all day. You're not stopping him. Do you put extra defensive lineman out there?
Speaker 3: Do something? I mean, what do you do?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe I was wrong, correct me if I'm wrong, But I didn't see an adjustment. But what I did start to notice in the second half because I was trying to go back and like, look at some of these numbers that finally started coming downhill. You had Donovan Wilson going down there getting the TfL like you've seen. I believe it's thirty five coming off the edge. Like so I don't know if he was calling safety blitzers and stuff like that, but even with still calling those blitzers, you were still getting increased. So it was like you didn't how many adjustments can we make? Like don't get me wrong, I'm not taking up for evil flus and this and that, but as a player, when you say, man, I gotta go put some bricks.
Speaker 5: In my pocket.
Speaker 2: So this question, Lorie, we saw when they were bringing an extra cat, was bringing an extra offensive line. Okay, let's bring an extra offensive lineman. I mean, so can you not now mask? What can you not do that defensively and that scheme? Hey man, listen, we're running the four man front. The four man front not work. Can we go make it five? Can we do.
Speaker 5: Something if you if you make it five?
Speaker 6: Now you're telling those dbs that's been getting bombed over backdack to get you've seen what happened.
Speaker 5: What was the Panthers first touchdown that young bull over there.
Speaker 2: So so I'm looking at a drive on a ten play drive, Rico touched the ball ten times, I mean six of the ten, oh yeah, and then the six minutes, so you think about this. I mean, I can't tell you the last time I watched this in person. They got the ball with six so seven to go on offense and they never.
Speaker 3: Gave it back.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, and you seen that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, no, no, no, to end the game.
Speaker 6: I've seen it very few times, and it's like, once you start getting six minutes is crazy.
Speaker 5: Minutes crazy.
Speaker 6: I've seen some three some four minutes where you like, yo, this felt like forever in the day. But to go six minutes, like they're telling you, they just let them dry, ain't no fluff nothing, and we're looking.
Speaker 4: At I'm looking at it here.
Speaker 7: Bryce Young only had with one hundred and ninety nine yards passing first time they gave up less than two, right, yep? Okay, But did they actually give up less than two or was it just no reason? It wasn't even that. That's what That's what I'm saying. If I'm Rico one, thank you Panthers. My organization believed in me. They brought me here through free agency. But only not only that, they made sure I was right on buckling up, like, hey, you are chipping away. We know some people pulled the dogs off you. It was a tight game, but they said.
Speaker 6: Hey, if we gonna win this game, we're gonna win it on your back, Rico, And he went out there and did.
Speaker 2: But this is the strategy for anybody facing the Cowboys, I mean, Washington coming here to go run above the Jets. Last week, you know, the Cowboys dominated one Hall still went off.
Speaker 3: They can't stop you from running the ball.
Speaker 4: They can't stop you from running or passing.
Speaker 5: About to say this is.
Speaker 2: True, but if the run portion of it of what they did mean thirty eight rush attempts to twenty five pass attempts. And you know, I'm gonna tell you right now, that was twenty five too many. I was about it was at fifteen too many. I mean literally, there were time talking why are you throwing? Why are you throwing?
Speaker 3: It's third and for what?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: The first dude, they were not in third down very much either at all.
Speaker 2: They were not at third down very often every time you looked, because they were gashing them.
Speaker 3: Man, they were gashing me. Look right here the stat.
Speaker 2: Man or third down. Uh, they had eight third downs in the game. They don't had eight, No, yeah, eight, they had eight third downs. And and they they just kept on kept on, kept on going, and it was it was more this this defense is as bad as it was when Mike Nolan was a defensive coordinator for one year, when Mike McCarthy was head coach, and they got him out of here quickly. Brian Schottenheimer went to the podium the head coach and said he back to eber Flues, I get it, that's what you're supposed to do. But you talk to guys in the room without a camera around, and you're hearing people say, nah, man, this isn't working, and you keep hearing it, well, we need to fix this and fix that. Well, nothing's getting fixed. We just need to make corrections. Well, you know, corrections haven't been made. And some of the guys in the room or some of these same guys who are out here competing and playing with the other coaches who've been here. So somewhere along the way, I got to start to ask the question, when do we look at the defensive coordinator to say what do you even make some change on?
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this question.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're always talking about you've been on multiple teams. How many schemes have you had? I don't even answer that. Everywhere that you went did you have to figure out how to play? Did you figure out how to play?
Speaker 5: If you want to be if you want to be in a you do? You do all right?
Speaker 7: And so I don't care if they don't believe in the system, play it.
Speaker 3: Prove it wrong or they proven it wrong every week.
Speaker 4: No, they if they ain't buying in, they ain't. They ain't committed to it.
Speaker 6: You're proven it wrong that way. That's I'm gonna tell you. Like this, it's only a few of y'all gonna be here.
Speaker 2: I mean, for all that I was told during the week in the locker room about adjustments, fixing this sk you just went out here and it got handed to This is the Panthers.
Speaker 4: Dudes are not winning there one on one back.
Speaker 3: This is the Panthers. Panthers man, And that's what it looked like.
Speaker 5: One on one battle.
Speaker 6: People went out there and said, Hey, I'm gonna be better than you one on one. But not only that, I'm gonna make sure that I'll play the person that's over there, the other guy that's doing over there, Like you got Tommy Tremble out here, like, hey, that was my dog. He was there when I played there the Panthers, So I'm like, okay, Tommy t out there hurting people.
Speaker 5: You have people like they were having fun.
Speaker 6: Like, don't get me wrong, y'all seen the way that George Picking was out there, balling, jumping over people and just like, oh, let me do this and do that, like it was it was poetry in motion. Well, the way he was playing was the way that that whole team. You have Rico over here trying to hurdle people in and walking out of here, just stiff arming people.
Speaker 5: You had Tommy Trumble doing that.
Speaker 6: You had the old lineman like really getting our d linemen, turning them sideways.
Speaker 3: Gave them coff Rico recovery.
Speaker 6: Everybody bucked up to yeah, yeah, let me get a piece hold on.
Speaker 3: I mean, man, it was. It was embarrassing.
Speaker 2: And and on the flip side of this thing, and we'll dive into in the next break, it's the offensive line for the Cowboys. Oh boy, oh boy, what a difference week makes. Uh yeah, that was that was not cutting. It's not cutting it. We'll dive defensive line terrible offensive line. That wasn't good either. Let's dive more into that with Trey Moore Anthony Doors set up new strugs. This is a player by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 9: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team.
Speaker 3: On and off the reels.
Speaker 10: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gambl e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, apturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Huego Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: To the players.
Speaker 5: Lone Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 6: Head to Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium for a free watchpark already presented by seven eleven. Watch the Dallas Cowboys as they face off again the Broncos in Denver on this Sunday, October or on Sunday, October twenty six. Doors open at two pm. Kickoff is at three twenty five. Enjoy a performance by the DC Cheerleaders, Slurpey samples, five dollars, Miller Lights, and much more. Clean Your tickets free today at Dallas dot Com. Yeah, I stumbled on that one. I'm gonna get it back. Hey man, it ain't victory Monday, and he is off today looking like I'm looking at day the boy. Hey, I've been more missing signs.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: It was a snowball effect where you make one thing, you gotta keep going, but watch my next one.
Speaker 5: I'll be ready. Yes, unlike the Cowboys what they say.
Speaker 2: They've been telling us. That's why I hear in the locker room all the time.
Speaker 5: Unlike the Cowboys I can make adjustments.
Speaker 2: By the way, that is not that's not the Sunday I know.
Speaker 5: That's why Sunday the twenty sixth, that's October twenty six That's why I missed up. I knew you were.
Speaker 3: Again Washington, Washington this week.
Speaker 2: Jerry World one of two, so they get Washington this Sunday and then it's Washington on Christmas Day.
Speaker 5: There, that's that's gonna be nice. A Christmas Day game.
Speaker 3: You're going, No, I got one more road game.
Speaker 5: Oh you've been waiting on that one.
Speaker 3: Look at it, right?
Speaker 5: Did you see how big?
Speaker 3: Guess which one it is?
Speaker 5: Which one?
Speaker 4: Can I guess?
Speaker 5: Come on, guess which world? Come on here in Vegas already know I didn't even think.
Speaker 2: So I'm just letting you guys run right now that bye week I'm not.
Speaker 5: Here, Okay, okay, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Guys for bye week, so filling in. So I'm not here for the it's a Monday night game too. Yeah, so I'm gonna be Vegas sundaydays.
Speaker 5: What is that game?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Days fifteenth, sixteenth, and November.
Speaker 5: So now day look look about to go down. The seventeenth is the game.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about these Commanders, man, I might well, you know, I am a Raider's alumni.
Speaker 5: We can call it a.
Speaker 6: D Let's go ahead and slide over there. They always take care of us already.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm looking at calendar.
Speaker 5: I didn't use to use my free ticket yet for the season.
Speaker 6: I love that though. They do take care. But anyways, the Commanders, they make it. They're making me nervous. Man running backs, they got over there.
Speaker 2: Well, every every teacher makes you nervous if you know. No, I mean, look, man, this is I'm not no offense to Rick Odwell.
Speaker 3: Great game, great two weeks.
Speaker 2: We're talking about Jim Brown or said Smith, Peyton, ricoc Dow A dude, they just said, you know, dude, they practice.
Speaker 3: It's not like they ain't.
Speaker 5: Seen it exactly.
Speaker 3: You guys have hit this dude.
Speaker 2: You practice against the sky.
Speaker 3: I really kept cutting this guy.
Speaker 4: No, he practiced against them, and.
Speaker 2: And sure enough, man here he just beats you. Told you he was coming, told you to buckle up, then he beat you down. So yes, who however else they faced him, It's gonna be real simple. Run the football all day long against these guys.
Speaker 6: If I'm Washington running back, I'm telling you right now, Oh, coach, they ain't even seen me yet. They ain't seen me hit my potential like you you know, as players, like how many times we sat there and said, oh, that person was able to do that? Like what did you wa say when before the week coming up he was like, Oh, I'm trying to get back for Dallas capoy, right.
Speaker 2: Boy, Betty wants he won't missed the next Cowboy game even come around here exactly. So, by the way, stab Tray Moore. For an NFL players, this is Anthony georget for me, for player I knew he scrugs.
Speaker 3: Not a for an NFL player.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the players lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. So while the Cowboys defensive line was terrible, allowing two hundred and sixteen yards of rushing and they lost to the Panthers in one hundred and eighty three of that to their former teammate Rico Dallalog thirty carries, you have for six point one yards. The flip side of it, the Cowboys could not run the football to save their lives. I'm sitting there watching the Panthers d line push them back. It was not good a couple times and he starts to do get walked back one point six yards. An average tote for the Cowboys are nineteen carries. Yes, it was terrible, Okay, it was terrible. Javonte Williams comes home. It's a North Carolina guy. Thirteen carries, twenty nine yards two point two yard average. No touchdowns, no touchdown, no none. I mean, this was a bad effort. And there were times where Dak Prescott didn't have enough time to get where he needed to because the pressure was there. So while we praised the offensive line for doing what they did the week before, I wasn't here Friday, so I don't know who you guys had picked as the yetty cool customers. But the offensive line was not good.
Speaker 4: None at all.
Speaker 2: And where eighty you're at the point time now your defense is so bad, your offensive line has to be good because the offense basically has to score darn near every time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I mean we knew that going into it, that the offenses basically had to put up with thirty points a game at this point from the beginning of the season. And you know, the whole thing with the offensive line was no matter who they plugged in, they have been playing well, well, I mean, it wouldn't matter if it was the starter's you know. And I say that to say this, like, at some point throughout the season, everybody's gonna have their ebbs and flows. Unfortunately, it caught up with the offensive line this week, you know, and going up against what we considered to be a lesser opponent on top of that as well. So that being said, you know, there's really not a whole lot of excuses to give outside the simple fact that they just got beat.
Speaker 4: And when we talk about getting.
Speaker 7: Beat, we mean that they got beat on every level offense side, defensive side, and everything else like that.
Speaker 5: How many sacks did they the Panthers have this week?
Speaker 3: Zero that was not sacked.
Speaker 2: But look, there was only one sack in the whole game. Yeah, there was only one sack of one turnover the whole game. And this is this was a winnable foot despite the terrible defensive performance and the bad offensive line play. It was a winnable football game. But it came down to two things to me. In the fourth quarter. One, when the Cowboys had to they got to the eight, couldn't punch it in and had to kick the field goal.
Speaker 3: So now it's twenty.
Speaker 2: Seven up, and then Carolina gets the ball with six oh seven and go and they never give it back.
Speaker 5: Man, they played bully football.
Speaker 6: What what was the time mark where the fumble snap happened with uh with Deck and them and he recovered it.
Speaker 2: That was that was on that final drive when they saying they ended up getting it down in the eight.
Speaker 6: But but then that was a missopportunity.
Speaker 2: Like there was a lot of mis opportunity. I mean, we saw we saw a penalty on Tyler Smith inside the red zone and that we're.
Speaker 3: Just looking at it.
Speaker 2: But this, this is this is what losing teams do. You guys know that losing teams find ways to look lose.
Speaker 6: And that's what I was gonna get to. Yes, it was a bad performance by the old line, but how long were we expecting them to play lights out like we've been talking about, like you said, the plug in players and doing that, Like this was the week that it finally just came in fruition where you just started to see people be exposed. But the Carolina defense, I felt like Rico galvanized them too, like hey, we're putting on this on ourselves to like, hey, we just got to make sure it's a steale. May don't nothing get right here, and then the walls is gonna play. But but you face better defenses, You face way better defense to play way better.
Speaker 2: But between Green Bay the Jets, d those defenses are ranked higher and better these guys is and.
Speaker 4: This is just.
Speaker 3: It was just hand to hand combat and they got beat down.
Speaker 4: And one one thing about it.
Speaker 7: You know when you're plugging dudes in a lot of times and guys don't have a chance to really scout them per se that week. Oh this dude hasn't played. He got injured. So now we're plugging this dude and they haven't had a chance. Well, now everybody had a chance to look at all the offensive linemen to the tape is there. The tape is out there, you know what I mean. So now it's a totally different ball game. Ain't nobody stepping out there on you know, like we haven't seen you. Like now people are watching this tape and like ric o' dados said, hey, strapping up, buckle up, whatever, and they breaking dudes down before they get here. But I'm gonna keep saying this, like and you you both hit the nail on the head. He inspired them dudes, all right, He inspired them boys to play play harder than they had And and I keep leaning on a simple fact that he was in this building for so long and has intel on these players. And no, that's what I like. I have no place else to go with it. Man, he knows they knew. That's what I was about to say.
Speaker 3: They knew him, and he was here, and he broke their will.
Speaker 5: That's that's exactly what it is. You broke they will.
Speaker 6: And as a football player, you've been there ab where it's like it don't matter how good were doing and this and that, and we're playing lights out when we know that we can't stop a nosebleed. On the other side, whether there's been which I've seen it, I've been on defenses where we couldn't stop a those bleed. And I've also been on really good defenses where we knew our offense won't go score. And it's just like I'm tired. Man Dak is out here doing everything. He's flung, always out here doing everything. Ferguson El Boogie gotta taste stuff. It's like eventually the levee can only it's only so many past jobs you could do before the water just starts seeing, you know, like and they let it go like there was no fight at the end of the game.
Speaker 5: I didn't see people getting up aggressive.
Speaker 7: Running the ball on the defense is the most demoralizing thing that can be done to a defense repeatedly, because that's just literally getting your butt whooped. Okay, there's, like you said, just nothing you could do about it. And so at that physical way of basically like punkin dudes more so than anything, however you want to look at it, that's what it boils down to. And I do know what you're talking about because I played in the game where Corey Dillon set the rookie restian record against us, all right, and I mean it was just like they was in what twelve personnel the whole game, basically just running down your throat and it was nothing. And to be a part of that defense and then looking into people's eyes in the huddle and like just see dudes like.
Speaker 2: So let me let me go, just just go through the whole. This is what happened with six oh seven ago. Okay, So the Cowboys went three and out, all right, So the Cowboys went three. I got the ball with tremendous field position. Remember they're on forty six, started going backwards. Yeah, okay, when from first and ten to second and fifteen and third and twenty two, it had to pun on fourth and eighteen, So terrible, terrible drive right there. So six seven the Panthers to get the ball back. At their fourteen first play, Rico daddle three yards, second and seven incomplete pass from Bryce Young, third and seven incomplete pass from Bryce Young.
Speaker 3: Penalty eatam pass interference.
Speaker 5: Kept bringing them back to life eight.
Speaker 2: So now it was first and ten the Carolina twenty nine. Rico daddle seven yards second and three. They go up the short pass up the middle of the horn for two yards, third and one. Uh tremble first down sixteen yards, then first and ten at the forty six four minutes to go, Rico daddle up the middle four yards second and six to forty two. Rico daddle left guard two yards, third and four. Bryce Young incomplete to Ted McMillan. Fourth and four. Bryce Young hits renfro seven yards first down. Now we eat the two minute one first and ten Dallas thirty three. Rico daddle right in nine yards second and one from the twenty four, eighteen and up in the middle for one yard first down, first and ten, eighteen and up in the middle eleven yards first and ten, Bryce Young Nils, then Bryce Young Niels again, roll out there for Sis Fitzgerald.
Speaker 3: Kick kick it, game over.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it man, with no triggeration in the round.
Speaker 2: It's pretty simple, right, we go run the ball, make a couple of passes, Slamt passes on the.
Speaker 3: Third and four.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a fourth Slamt pass out there at the Renfro the former Clemtson Tiger, doesn't we.
Speaker 3: Had and it's and it's it's, it's it's pathetic.
Speaker 2: Honestly, just when you think about this is because this was a winnable game.
Speaker 3: So now you start to look.
Speaker 2: At this season, you're two three and one ad.
Speaker 4: You gotta get ten wins for church.
Speaker 8: Church.
Speaker 2: Ain't getting no churches. Book my reservation downtown to beat. So the Philly game, you're right there, ball got the opportunity with the football to go down the field, ceedee lamb dropping passes left and right. Lose that game, packer game. Okay, you ain't over time, can't score, can't get can't score that go around. It can't can't get it done. That's a lost game right there. You had to go to overtime because the Giants beat up the Jets, and then you got this game right here, winnable game. You can't get it done, you cannot close the show. This is how bad teams get beat man. This is how bad teams end up with top ten draft picks because this is not good guys.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: But even with that being said, it's that close, Like all these games have been winnable.
Speaker 5: It's the league.
Speaker 2: The league is a lot of closers. But the good teams find ways to win. The bad teams find ways to lose.
Speaker 7: And right now, every so the Eagles ain't looking like the Eagles, Okay, and and and unfortunately, just like he said, good teams find ways to win, they don't find ways to lose.
Speaker 4: And whatever is going on here? Like so my thing is this all?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Is it on the defense? Is it on is it on the coordinator?
Speaker 7: And and and and and like at what place and at what time is there going to be a change made? Not saying to fire anybody or anything, but if it's not going to be that schematically, what's going to happen because at this point right now, like what's going to stop anybody from coming in here, first of all, running the ball all games and then just taking explosive plays whenever they want to. There is nothing about this defense right now that is saying that even if Dak continues to put up thirty one points a game or whatever he has to do the game, that this can take you into a playoff situation or it can be sustainable anymore.
Speaker 2: So let's take a break. Take a break on what you just said. Truly, the question is it the carpenter or the carpenter's tools?
Speaker 5: Which is it? Here?
Speaker 2: When we look at the Cowboys defense right now? Come back here with de Montree more Anthony door set on new He scrugs. This is a play a stage bot to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat A. Brown, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's twenty hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 13: It's game day and raising cans. If you want to order like a channel, it's action off the field.
Speaker 5: You need to focus on.
Speaker 13: The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season? We've got tailgates of hand battered cooked to order chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade. All available to.
Speaker 2: Order online are on our app.
Speaker 13: This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one.
Speaker 8: Love, Hey Cowboys for his Keith Davis here forming Cowboys safety. You know what separates champions from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment. With blockchain dot com, that's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back to the Players Loud.
Speaker 6: The countdown to Game Day starts with Rally Days presented by Seek. Get a behind scenes look at the AT and T Stadium. Meet the Dallas Cowboys, cheerleaders and alumni, play games, win prizes, and much more. Get your ticket for the next Rally Day on October eighteenth at a T n T Stadium dot Com Slash Rally Days.
Speaker 5: Thank you boy, Yes, got it, got it. I made adjustments and like the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Said, like you said at the AT and T Stadium right there, the gotta slow it down, get it done. Young Aggy get it done. Remember when your team used to play at a T and T stadium. Stop playing the game. Then it's Arkansas right now. They don't want to want that. J Tier was coming down here getting pulling the rico down. What you talking about?
Speaker 6: We all hey, hey, speaking of that, you know we did still undefeated.
Speaker 5: Five We finally we finally number four?
Speaker 2: Would you guys money can pay for Would you.
Speaker 6: Beat Florida Gators that just beat Texas DJ DJ Langley? Yeah, we have some friar gate over there. Come down there to the to the ball. Everybody know they're firing their coach, right.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right. We threw his retirement party. Hey what they say we sponsored that. All you could do is knock down the one that they line up. I'm looking forward to this L s U game. That's where it's gonna be at night time in the Death Valley. Yeah yeah, good good luck to you down there. Death Valley still got Texas. I'm not I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oklahoma said that too.
Speaker 5: That's fine. Really, that's true. They left with the L.
Speaker 3: But come on, look, you know your boys are good for.
Speaker 5: We definitely are We definitely are and we definitely are, so that's why.
Speaker 2: But good for dropping one. You're like really be so you know, you know AGGI tradition.
Speaker 5: Now I hope it is.
Speaker 6: And that's why I said, I think we're gonna learn from because last year that one that we dropped with South Carolina and we got them on the schedule, so it's like we're gonna get.
Speaker 5: Our get back with them. Just don't drop the U.
Speaker 2: T Anthony Door said, congrats, congrats on your Panthers.
Speaker 3: Game against Florida State.
Speaker 7: True freshman quarterback, true freshman quarterback. Nice two wins in a row, two weeks in a row. He's playing, he's playing really well.
Speaker 6: I think you think it's gonna be that guy than like just the freshman luck.
Speaker 8: Nah.
Speaker 7: I really think that from watching this dude and seeing some of the stuff that he's doing.
Speaker 5: He's he's a.
Speaker 7: Young quarterback, but polish wise as far as technique, footwork, learning how to get his shoulders squared up and everything else like that. He's doing all the small things in the game to make big things happen.
Speaker 3: Well, good on him. By the way, we got a firing in the National Football League.
Speaker 2: Brian Callahan has been let go fired by Tennessee off the way one and four start. He was four and nineteen in two years, wow, not even the full two years. There's two things that come to my mind. You guys, tell me what you think. Either one, this is a bad organization, okay, because if you're fired a guy less than two years in a tenure, what are you doing hiring? Oh, by the way, the guy that did fire to give him a job named Mike Vrabel, doing good job, doing real good. So either that or the young man wasn't ready to be a head coach and shouldn't have had the job. And you know Dad's former longtime coach, Bill who was here, fantastic offensive, blind coach.
Speaker 3: But I when he got the job, I did wonder what did Brian Callahan.
Speaker 2: Do that says he should be a head coach?
Speaker 3: I did wonder about that.
Speaker 5: Besides the last thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know, I don't know what he I don't know what he's done, but he's seen something made something made them believe. I will say, from my opinion, just looking at being around the league and stuff like that, I just think the organization you want to be careful with talking about these things but it's certain organizations that don't do right by either their coaches or their players.
Speaker 5: And developing things.
Speaker 6: And for whatever reason, like you said, look at what he's doing right now. Like in the organization that everybody said was gonna die after Bill, he's up there, Drake Mays playing out of his mind.
Speaker 5: He built the foundation there.
Speaker 6: That was the same guy that you had over there in the building, and now he's going to have his success.
Speaker 5: You get this guy out of here.
Speaker 6: It's like I'm asking, are y'all getting rid of your weapons to hear or are you not believing in him? Like when you hire somebody, you got to really let them do their job. And so right now, I just don't think they're doing it. They've shown it with the coaches, they've shown it with the quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to the man who play for the Titans.
Speaker 7: So I think this is a multitude of things, to be honest with you, I think that first and foremost that the Titans are still run like an expansion team to it to a certain extent, when you had that team move from Houston to Tennessee, a lot of the people who are actually part of the organization in Houston didn't want to make that move. So what you have is you have a bunch of people who have never even been working in the NFL before, and people working for the cheap that's actually ready to make this move. So you know, like I know, leaving one organization like plan for the Cowboys, okay, and you have all these bells and whistles to go into a place where it's basically run like the rag and muffins of the league more so than anything, if you want to say, okay, and that being so, and then with their actually being so, think about it like this.
Speaker 5: The Titans are the Oilers.
Speaker 7: They were the Oilers, okay, turning that team into the Titans, they left all that Oiler tradition behind, regardless if it was flourishing and winning or whatever it was. So you have a team that basically doesn't have any history, all right, And with that being said, like just watching it and understanding, yeah, the team is the organization, and as well, they don't do right by a lot of their former players also, So I just think that, you know, with that being said, unfortunately, there's gonna have to be a sweep in there, and you're gonna have to get some people who actually have been a part of a successful franchise to come in there and help that franchise be successful.
Speaker 2: And then you go back to this, so you fired the head coach, go back. You brought in Ryan cart On, and then you fired Ran Carthon and now you're another gentleman. So you're just going through so from general managers and head coaches, it's it's it's a lot of inconsistency here and so uh as part of why where they're at.
Speaker 6: It Ran I Ran when he was in cent Frand and the sea like him come from like John Lynch and that winning an organization. I think they give Ran enough time just like.
Speaker 7: No, they didn't because the GM that was there previous to him was a dude that actually caused a lot of issues.
Speaker 4: And that was the dude that trade a J. Brown and got him about.
Speaker 3: Sullivan came from the Patriots.
Speaker 2: But so that whole thing there too. Now apparently Ran and and and Vrabel didn't get along.
Speaker 3: So at some point in time, just what are you what kind of organisms?
Speaker 2: You are you running in an organization where the general manager is hiring the coaches and he's in charge of you gonna have a cut coach and giving the coaches kind of kind of juice, and he's what who do.
Speaker 3: You want to be? How do you want the structure to work? And that that that matters?
Speaker 2: And what structure you have is everybody getting on the same page and soil in Tennessee. I do wondering time is everybody on the same page there? Uh Ad you asked the question right before the break, is that the carpenter? Is that the carpenter's tools talking about Matt Eberflusten. What's going on here? What potentially has to happen. This is a Cowboys third straight defensive coordinator, three years, three different coordinators, and the coordinators they're running four threes, but they're not running the same four to three. And one of the issues you have as a players right now don't believe in what's going on. And it reminds me when Mike Nolan was here the first year under Mike McCarthy, those guys didn't buy in. They were terrible, one of the most historically bad defenses in Cowboys history. And this thing is heading out in the same way right now.
Speaker 7: I don't see And for me, if you've been on the team that's run a Gang of difference. If you've been part of organizations that have run a bunch of different schemes and something that's been more successful for you, then I can understand like you're saying, oh, I'm not buying into this or I've seen more, But at the same time, I don't know the situation here, and I understand that, like, Okay, what you just said, three different coordinators in three years, that's tough. That would be tough with any group of guys, you know what I mean. So it doesn't matter if they're young, if they're old, whatever the case may be. And dealing with that. I'm sure there's some miscommunication with terminology from the past few years, but it goes back to what we talk about, man, be a football player.
Speaker 5: Be a football player at.
Speaker 7: The end of the day, all right, And so that means even if you're not buying into that situation or buying into that scheme, you still got to go out and ball and you can make plays. Dudes can make plays. I'm not feeling like so their handcuffed like that, man.
Speaker 4: Zone, what do you want?
Speaker 7: Get a new dude up in here, Get some more guys up in here. I mean, you're not winning your one on ones?
Speaker 2: So what are the repercussions? What are the consequences for not doing it? Nothing around here?
Speaker 6: And that's what I was going to get to. Well, I want to know what are the what ramification? What are the repercussions that are these players are being met with? Because we all know this is the Dallas Cowboys organization.
Speaker 5: Nobody not that I don't know. It ain't even about getting cut.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna just say for this, the fact that we're sitting here talking about guys don't believe in this, and that they control what gets out of this building, and they control what gets in here and when they figure out wherever it came from this and that like there is some type of ramification there's in house. Fine, we're talking about five ten thousand dollars like you're talking out like you gotta it. You everybody got a voice over here, but don't have the credit or the resume to back it up. Like people are talking about schematically? Is this schematically? Is that like you gotta play? And some of these guys, majority of the guys on the team haven't even been in the league long enough to say I played in this scheme or this worked better for me. We're talking about young guys that just came from college or guys that are been backup guys or special teamers their whole career, saying you don't trust this or you can buy in. You had three different coordinators in three years. You've had multiple guys. Yes, it's four to three and all three different.
Speaker 2: And all three guys like Zimmer last year. One of my big issues when they hired Mike Zimmers, like you brought in a dude who wins with big people up front and Kevin Williams coming around this corner for here.
Speaker 3: And then they brought the one boy out the couch.
Speaker 2: Telling the cat and they brought him out there. He give you ten plays and then need gas, I mean just and then so Zim later on made different changes along the way, but he said after the year, you know, I should have I should have tried to put in more of what I wanted up front instead of trying to know, what did you guys do last year? And how do we make this a little bit of work here and there? It's they've done it again third time, kind of like the third time something's been watered down, and clearly it's just not working. The solution isn't working. And whatever Eberflus needs to do to make something changes here that hasn't happened.
Speaker 4: So there's one thing that's here is the locker room.
Speaker 5: And you know that.
Speaker 7: I know dudes being uncomfortable and at some point in time, and I'm not I'm not vindic. I'm not saying anybody needs to be cut because I'm pro player. But you want to shock something, you want to get people to stand up and be accountable.
Speaker 5: Trade the market.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 7: That's that's that's something totally different.
Speaker 4: We're talking about right now.
Speaker 2: What they sat Mazzie down for some games and what else you want to I mean, but the activate.
Speaker 6: The Digs thing was one of those wake up calls where it was like, oh.
Speaker 5: You need to go.
Speaker 6: We don't care, we're not paying your money, not paying your money, benching you in the middle of the game. That's one of those. That's that's what he's saying with that shock value. Now it's like, okay, you benched the starter that get paid the bucks in the middle of the game.
Speaker 5: Now it's like, yo, you got to cut somebody or you gotta I gotta let people.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna sit it on you when we go off to the table. Years on there, we're out of time. So, as Anthony Dors said, it's Montrey warn scro thanks to Chrispy and Josh, everybody back here to make things happen right here Dallas Cowboys dot Com. This has been the players lande.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.