Speaker 1: Don't get the flu. How are you?
Speaker 2: Are you back like eighty eighty something percent?
Speaker 3: Shit sucked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard this flu is really bad.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, dude, in America, I haven't heard anything about it.
Speaker 1: We actually don't have a flu. And that's a shot or actually conspiracy, Bill Gates bro shot fire.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, dude. That's crazy that you feel like you have to lie for the globalists, Brian. I didn't think that. I didn't think that was you, Bro, lie.
Speaker 1: For the Globe. I used to love the game man, you know what, I don't have to sign him on anymore.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think I'm actually on.
Speaker 2: This side because I don't. I can't tell you. I can't even be accurate with what a globalist is.
Speaker 3: I don't either.
Speaker 4: To me, it's someone who's who leaves that the Earth is round. That's just my slur as a flat earther.
Speaker 2: Right, those are the what do they call them? They haven't round ears. They call them globers.
Speaker 1: Fucking globers out here trying to fly to the north Harlem.
Speaker 3: But hold on now, it's getting a little charged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a bunch of Harlem globe products, if you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Just racist.
Speaker 4: I was more of a what was the other team that alway played the Washington Washington Generals, the Generals. I was always a Washington General's guy myself, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's such are they were just there to lose while that they were called the Washington Generals like they couldn't be more of like I mean, it's very subversive when you think about it, when they were pulling down their opponents, when they were pulling down their opponents pants, they're pulling down the pants off of the Pentagon, the Washington jender roles.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just saying that would be that would be so wild if you like, we're told you had a meeting that like the har Harlem glob trotters wanted to recruit you, and you came in and it was they wanted to recruit you for the Washington general.
Speaker 2: Hey man, the way I have, the way with your paints, look around your ankles, we gotta get you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those pasty thighs, man, you would you would look great in a pair of heart boxer shorts when we pulled as long better as long as your basketball exactly.
Speaker 2: Didn't krusty like when he was like gambling didn't. He like there was a little money on.
Speaker 1: The gambling on the Washington Generals. He's like, here's the they were doin there was that they were do joke in there. Yeah, man, I'm actually playing with the Globetrotters.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Your game was always like about the fundamentals mainly, and like your pants falling down every once in a while.
Speaker 3: I'm going on tour with the Globetrotters for the Generals.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm a basketball punching bag.
Speaker 3: That's what I've become.
Speaker 1: I'm just really like that I'm the most skilled at falling for a crossover of anyone. They're just like they go they go watch those YouTube videos of people getting crossed up, and they're like, who's this kid? The guy doing the cross No, no, the guy who just fell down.
Speaker 2: Comes you come out of both your shoes and your pants falls down, and you just get off from a recruiter.
Speaker 1: Somehow you got a bucket stuck on your head after somebody crosses you over.
Speaker 3: Wait where wild that bucket come from? Exactly? No one knows. This kid's just got it. This kid's fucking got it. You know that sound you're looking for.
Speaker 1: He holds up the phone and it's just.
Speaker 3: Up the mill. That's him shooting live all right?
Speaker 1: Was that raake there the whole time? How does he keep finding the rakes? There's a rake on your basketball court. This guy's gonna find it. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Day Guys Say production of My Heart Radio this PoCA uh where we tell you what was trending over the weekend. My name is Jack O'Brien, and not over there is mister Miles.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa poorly for that kind of screaming. It's it's me though, I'm here, I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: You are. We're both doing the damn thing on a Monday exactly. Get just like a re entry, like a couple of Washington generals, you know what I mean, just waiting, just waiting to get crossed up by the week. We just come in all limbs, just trying to defend uh Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 3: Were there any famous Washington generals?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Something I don't know.
Speaker 4: Were anyway, I think the point probably don't there. You'd probably use like an alias if you played on the Washington Generals anyway, you'd be like, I can't walk there with my real name.
Speaker 1: Anyway, There's some guys that my dad coached at University of Dayton that were, like, there's a guy named chip Hair. Incredible, Bob, Bob mule, dude.
Speaker 4: Chip hair is just the wildest combination of nouns for a game.
Speaker 3: There's got chip hair over here.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Jack, that's Miles. We're gonna tell you some of the things that we're trying to go for the weekend, but first we like to get to know each other a little bit better by telling you something we think is underrated, something he thinks overrated.
Speaker 3: Miles, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Something I think is underrated? Something I went on a YouTube rabbit hole. I went down a YouTube rabbit hole over like the last few days of just watching sound clash videos like Okay, so this is from like old school reggae music where they were like groups called sound systems, where you pulled up with your actual sound system and you were trading songs with another sound system as a like in a battle, like.
Speaker 1: Your speakers, your sound.
Speaker 3: My round system, my dub plates.
Speaker 4: Like I got these artists to call me out as a DJ on wax and when I play that, I bet you can't top on what I can play versus you. It's just like very it's it's energetic, it's lovely. But I got it all started when I saw a clip with this white guy on stage in Antiga, like during a sound clash, getting the audience so charged up. I was like, what the fuck is going on? And I'm I'm just gonna play a clip because you can hear this. It's this guy. He's a selecta named David Rodigan and he's from the UK, but he's like respected, like in the culture because he is so so just into reggae music and the.
Speaker 1: Art Washington general situation where you situation. Check out this hot beat and like right right right, So there's this clip. I just want to play it because I saw him, Like what the fuck is going Why is this dude rocking the car the crowd so hard? And that's when I got into the sound class video. But I just want to play the audio.
Speaker 4: Because it's really it's just satisfying because then this he gets so charged up he starts yelling bumble clot it's all.
Speaker 3: It's got everything.
Speaker 4: This is David Rodigan versus Poison Dart in Antiga. But this specific track when he drops it, because the whole way, like a sound clash is one, is based on how the people in the crowd respond, like whether or not they're they rush the stage like that's the ultimate form of of showing that you like you're down with the music is physically moving towards the stage, or sometimes you just dance or whatever.
Speaker 3: But this one he got the crowd lit. This is David Rodigan.
Speaker 1: When I came on this stage tonight, poison God said to me, will come with God.
Speaker 3: No, I don't travel with no body God, run away. I don't even travel with Here he goes about to drop it. Watch the crowd here.
Speaker 4: He's got a tucked in polo right now, he's got a tough in polo.
Speaker 5: Their sometimes their drink. This guy looks like a geometry teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, bald guy glasses up. An incredible bit is where is he from.
Speaker 4: He's from the UK. Okay, he's from England. Yeah yeah, so he's affecting something there. He's he's oh yeah, but he's like known, he's known like this when he comes to town like people like this.
Speaker 3: This is it's it's just wild anyway.
Speaker 4: So I went down to David roddig in uh straight up rabbit hole. But yeah, this track of just well, just seeing the reaction, I was like, this is so dope. And I think more than I think the actual sound clash aspect of it, I think I'm right now just because I found myself really pouring into music the last couple of months, and I think maybe that's really what's underrated just generally, is just sort of how music brings people together from many backgrounds and creates instant common ground for everyone to be like in a celebratory mood. And I think I've just been seeking that or just seeking that kind of energy.
Speaker 1: So when I see this dude, David roddig Antiga with his dub plate of Substitute Lover by Half Pinte, uh, that's when yeah, I was just like, so that's just a known song that he just played and everyone's like, oh, I love that, yeah song.
Speaker 4: But if you listen, because the whole thing is about dub plates, right. A dub plate is when an artist gives you a like an only you recording, an exclusive recording where you're shouting them out. If you listen, the guy says, he calls out Rod again, like in the vocals, so people understand they know the track by half pipe, but.
Speaker 3: When they go, oh shit, he's he's calling.
Speaker 4: Out Rodigan, They're like, Okay, bro, this dude got the half pipe dub plate and that's why he's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, he's shouting bumba cloud like the bad guy from Mad Bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is this kid in the.
Speaker 4: Meeting rodigun is not no second fiddle? And they're like, yeah, anyway, sounds is anything people getting together celebrating music because this ship back in the day was like violent, like straight up violent. But now we're at a place where it's it's it's much more celebratory.
Speaker 1: But damn is it still about having good equipment or because you're.
Speaker 4: Using shared sound systems now and now it's like from what I from what I've seen recently, a lot of this stuff is really about the dub plates that you get from, Like you're securing these dub plates from legendary artists because that's why, you know, there's as I look into it, so much of the vernacular like killing the sound or whatever is about killing the opposite sound system and things like that and using you know, using your.
Speaker 1: True to.
Speaker 3: Your enemies. Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: When I came on this podcast this morning, Miles said, did you come with a bodyguard? I said, Myles, I didn't come with nobody, no bodyguard.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: And here's why I was like, Oh, he's got young Barrington Levy over here.
Speaker 1: My underrated in the same spirit is mundanity, just the mundane. I've been listening to this podcast, the Blind Boy podcast that an a super producer, Anna Josey turned us on too, and he was it's a great podcast. He's one of the Rubber Bandits, the Irish rap group that wear bags over their heads, and he recently it's very strange podcasts, very like meditative and like kind of calming. But he interviewed a guy who is going around to Ireland lifting large rocks, which is a revival of an old custom that used to like be the greatest show in town in Ireland, like the rocks. He goes around and lifts were like one hundred years ago, were famous, like they have nights. They used to just be what people did. They'd be like this guy, the strong man whose name you you've heard before, is coming to town to lift like the whales back rock and everybody would crowd around and.
Speaker 3: He travels with a bodyguard.
Speaker 1: That yeah, and that's when prolapsed datuses were invented. Yeah, oh right, people ask if Shamus O'Reilly came here with a bodyguard. Doesn't need no bodyguard. He's lifting the whales back rock. Mm hmm, bumble plot.
Speaker 4: So this is just then, so the cause this makes sense, like because there's like strong men competitions, like lifting the Atlas stones is like a huge thing, so that that like now this custom is like was it dead for a little bit and now he was.
Speaker 1: Gon for a while and now it's coming back, and I just feel like there's something yeah, just hearing it. You know, each stone is different, like it has its He talks about weights like they're like, uh, you know the internet, like weight weights with handles. He's like, you shouldn't be weights with handles. You know, you don't have to get to know the weight. You don't have to like understand what the center of gravity is of the weight. Like he just goes to this beach that has a bunch of different rocks and like lifts the different rocks to work out. But I don't know, like you hear about what people used to do back in then, like they used to like sit on flagpoles and you just like sit there and watch a guy sit uncomfortably on a pole and wonder if he was going to fall. I guess that was like the equivalent of a suspense film, like seeing someone suspended hundreds of feet in the air.
Speaker 3: The yeah exactly contained thriller. Yeah, this guy's.
Speaker 1: Great because sometimes they'll like wave his arms around like he's gonna fall, and then you're like phone booth cramming, which I'm guessing was the equivalent of cuddle parties today. But just like how many people could cram into a phone booth? But I don't. I was thinking about that, like, I think there's a way we all want to like bury ourselves in something that isn't the over all state of the world, that isn't connected to the overall state of the world. I think a little bit at the moment, or like have some some outlet that is that. I just saw a YouTube video where people were trying to make chocolate chip cookies with those like grabber trash picker up things, so they're like, you know, trying to crack an egg with that, trying to they got you know, one giant chocolate chip cookie out of it that looked like shit, but they they did the work, right. I don't know. I think like mundanity doing dumb shit for the sake of it is going to make a comeback. I think people need it for their sanity maybe. Yeah, and yeah, you know, like we're all part of this like hive mind trying to figure out what the entire hive mind should be doing, and generally like struggling against what the hive mind is deciding. If you're not like stupid or evil, generally like you, the direction the hive mind is taking is generally not great. So I don't know. I think there's a poetry to the mundanity of the ways people used to entertain themselves and you know, just doing dumb shit for the sake of getting together and yeah, shouting bumba class and do it.
Speaker 4: I think it's the thing that it's like all this stuff is like pre internet shit, yeah you know, And I think that's I think maybe that's also the appeal, like it does on some level sort of harken back to like the realist shit that we were experiencing as people before, like the dawn of like hyper speed communication and yeah, global connectivity of that kind. But yeah, I mean, that's why I'm saying. I think that's all it keeps coming back. Make art, folks, just make just just do shit.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Please? Please? What's something you think Miles is overrated?
Speaker 3: The musk Trump campaign to overwhelm us.
Speaker 4: I keep saying this some version of on the show, but I don't And again, I don't mean to say this like being overrated, to say that it isn't consequential or a threat to our existence, because it very much is. But I think it's important to remind ourselves, or at least it's been important for me to remind myself that they need to wear everyone and everything down and create such instability that everything just folds in their favor. You know, they need a distracted and very attired media and electorate for everything to be as frictionless as possible as they consolidate power. So part of this fight, I think, at least for me personally, is also managing the chaos that surrounds me, because which is not easy. I'm not saying it's like, guys, just forget about it. Limber and watch some lift a rock and watch some soundclash videos, watching some soundclash videos is good to give yourself a little bit of solace from the chaos, because you want to still be able to maintain your center as these things are happening, because that's the way we can be effective in resisting when the time comes, and resisting in the ways that we can now, even the small ways like just you know, withholding our dollars from certain companies or whatever. But yeah, I just think this has been a huge thing that I've really been thinking about as I read more and more about just sort of like historical like things that have happened in history and the people that Musk and Trump and their ilk sort of like are taking information from is that this is a lot of this first phase of this administration is to truly see just how much they can get away with, just to really see what the limits are and how many people object and how many people just fold.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I it's been reminding myself that that's part of the design. And while it is absolutely damaging and violent, I think knowing that for them to win, they want everybody to just succumb to it, then that's a way for me to try and find a way to push back. Is to not succumb to it. Not that I felt like suddenly i'd be like Jack, you know, I actually here to talk about Doge because I think we've been getting wrong.
Speaker 3: But you know what I mean, like knowing that we have to just.
Speaker 4: Sort of maintain, like, don't let the chaos around takes away. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So again it helps sometimes because it's so transparently clear what they're trying to do, and just to remind yourself that when they're telegraphing everything like that, there is a little bit of power that we can take from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, albeit albeit a fraction.
Speaker 4: But again I think really important to consider rather than just going to all out, you know, becoming just fully.
Speaker 3: Cynical over everything.
Speaker 4: There's plenty of reason to do that, but that's that is the point of what they're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Also, Yeah, it's definitely easy to be cynical about what has happened so far, and I am, in fact cynical about the you know, institutions that have failed to this point. But we have to not be cynical when the opportunity arises, whenever that may be.
Speaker 4: I think, Yeah, and some we'll continue to explore on this show. Because I think like many of us, like we're all kind of like, what the fuck are we supposed to do? Yeah, Like, clearly this is some fuck shit and I don't like it. And sure, aside from the stuff where they're like, well call your senator, Sure did that emailed, But yeah, you know, I think we're also looking for everyone's also looking for other real tangible ways to try and help sort of slow the forces at work right now. But again things that we will be unpacking together over the companies, all right.
Speaker 1: My overrated happy photo montages is one of the things, like I just I have this feature on my phone where the picture, like the wallpaper is a rotating series of pictures, happy pictures of like our family and also my m law's moved in and we got them one of those Aura picture frames, which.
Speaker 3: Then oh yeah, yeah, I love and that's inn that's.
Speaker 1: In our kitchen, and it's just a series of happy pictures of our of our family, and I've like because of just the context of media, My only context for like happy picture montages is when something horrible has happened to that family, due right, right, Yeah, Yeah, there's like a part of me that has this like gnawing feeling like, well, I know what it's gonna look like, if something horribly tragic will look like yeah, yeah, Like it feels a little like a memorial service to have just NonStop, happy, happy family pictures around.
Speaker 4: You're like, why.
Speaker 3: Does why does only the good die young have to play? Underneath this?
Speaker 1: Is that? Yeah? And then my other one is just not going into a interaction and like knowing what to say. I guess I'm reading this book, The Wild Edge of Sorrow. It talks about the need to like share grief and not feel like we need to like carry it all alone or like feel like we can't acknowledge it. And they one of the he's like writing about like this kind of simple work that saves people or like helps people out, and he describes it as like all we did on Saturday was show up, speak, listen. And I feel like that I used to have anxiety, like more worse social anxiety before hanging out with people, because I thought I needed to like have answers or like know what to say ahead of time, or like perform or be funny or you know, if someone seemed to think I was like smarter, funny, or if I was like, you know, I had a good interaction with them, I'd feel anxiety because I'd feel like I had something to live up to, and then like, I don't know, I've since realized like all you need to do is just listen, Just show up, listen, and like speak when you have something to say. But really just like show showing up and listening is like the whole fucking thing. And yeah, that's a big part of like a lot of addiction recovery stuff is just that, like, you know, I think I think the way that I've learned the idea of just like being able to show up and listen and not know what you're going to say ahead of time, and you know, sometimes not having the best thing to say in the moment is like from a lot of that, a lot of like being around people who are you know, trying to recover from addiction, and a lot of the secret is just you know, showing up and not having the answer, but just being like, oh that makes me think of this thing that might be helpful for you, you know.
Speaker 4: And when you're the person showing I mean as someone who is currently going through a crisis and leaning on others to get through things, that showing up is so.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like.
Speaker 4: Ninety percent of it's like the help that just being there. It's like even with my friends, like I don't need them to really say anything to me specifically, I'm not I don't need to hear something specific, but like the act of them being there and listening and just and then again just saying it's just sharing whatever they have or whatever their feelings are, and is so massively helpful. Then, like I think a lot of times too, people like fuck, someone's going through it, like what do I do? What am I supposed to say when I see them?
Speaker 3: Or whatever? And honestly, just physically showing up is so is already so much, Like it's already so much, And I think, yeah, that's a really important thing to keep in mind, just to show up, speak, listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about some news stories. We'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back, and.
Speaker 1: Seapack happened this weekend. We're gonna mainly talk about Elon Musk, but it is worth noting that the Nazi salute is the new thing, the new meme, the new trend on the right. Bannon did like a quick, a quick little one. But it was like the quickness and the littleness of it was almost like what was so creepy about it? Because he's just like, well, all right, I got I can do I can get away with us real quick.
Speaker 4: He's right, and then kind of but then he like nods after he's like, yeah he did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right. Yeah, I'm a secret Nazi.
Speaker 4: I mean not really, I just did a fucking full on Hyle Hitler in public, but yeah yeah, and then some other dipshit also did it on stage. It's like, you say, it's the hottest trend sweeping the right is now just allowing yourself to not pretend.
Speaker 3: That you aren't a Nazi anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nick Quente, it's always fun to watch the Nick quintest reaction videos. That's the guy, right the full open.
Speaker 3: Knopper sprayed the woman in the face for knocking on his door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is in all these video He's like, oh my god, it's a full like he's just so overjoyed and like I can't believe it's happening. He's like, I can't believe we're at this point where they're doing the Nazi salutes, like, yeah, well his his greatest dream presumably, but I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean especially for him as an avowed Nazi himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he thinks.
Speaker 3: The brand is very strong at the moment.
Speaker 1: That's right. Elon Musk was there also in a pair of like big like meme sunglasses, a big hat, big gold chain. Yeah, had a chainsaw for part a portion of it, left his child on stage for a portion of like just forgot about his child that he was carrying around with him.
Speaker 3: The way that clip is wild.
Speaker 4: He gets off that stage and then it pans over and there's like a little lost boy going down the stairs at the stage.
Speaker 3: Like where do I go?
Speaker 4: And even like the security we're like, hey man, what do we do with this fucking dude?
Speaker 3: This your kid? Well, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, it's weird. I mean there's been like Grimes has been reaching out and being like there's bad, bad shit happening. Can you like respond to our emails? We need your approval for like this medical thing, and yeah, he's he's not respond I don't know. The dark times in some ways for Elon Musk. In other ways, he seems to be having having a blast talking about how he's made it legal to be funny again, I think is what he said.
Speaker 4: Yeah hmmm, which is very strange. His whole appearance was fucking odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean, and that's the most charitable, fucking way to describe it. I mean, he was up there looking like Kedymine braised dog shit on stage, and he was then he like unveiled his new SNL character, guy. You wish you hadn't started a conversation with at the racist Rave because there's this one moment where again a lot of people are like, what's up with Elon here? Just full on blackout shades, not really making sense, and people are like, ketymine much. But anyway, we'll play a little bit of him trying to have an answer about Twitter and free speech or something. If you got to protect the First Amendment, it's not much more important than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got a lot of criticism and people said, well, that proves he's a huge idiot from a you know, like like you know, voter FORUL whatever forty four billion dollars and US worth like eight cents and.
Speaker 3: It's not worth sense.
Speaker 7: But you know, that's that but the yeah, it was essentially to you know, by freedom of expression.
Speaker 3: Okay, well yeah there for a second, yeah yeah, yeah. People are like, oh what Jesus Christ like this, He's saying a bunch a whole bunch of nothing, And yeah, I mean this this comes along with the news of like this email that was sent from his office basically telling people, tell us what you do justify your existence and your job or resign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, millions of federal employees over the weekend like this Saturday email saying like you need to explain your accomplishments from the past week and five bullet points and if you don't respond, you'll be fired. And like everybody, like the people who actually work at these organizations, like including like Trump appointees, like the FBI director Cash Pattel was like, you don't have to.
Speaker 4: Do that, Tulsi Gabbard apparently also it is like, don't listen to that.
Speaker 3: You listen to me, right, don't listen to him.
Speaker 4: I'm daddy, Which is interesting because that's I think that's where we're seeing maybe the optimistic version is where maybe we're starting to see crack show in terms of like the infighting and the real power power struggle that's going on because the one thing with all of these people, none of them want to ascend to then just be like, Okay, you're the one in power. They all have their own aims to be powerful and to have Elon be like to even be like, sorry, you may be the weird like puppet FBI director, but like, I get to bully your employees around. Now that threatens Cash Betel's sense of importance or Tulsi Gabbard's sense of importance or potency. So that feels like a little bit when they do that and just be like, don't fucking listen to that. The other version is maybe they have take the job seriously and they don't want like state secrets to just be sent in bullet points over an email.
Speaker 3: Right, But again, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that it certainly doesn't look like a unified movement at the moment.
Speaker 1: No, it seems chaotic as fuck. But like that it's yeah, we we have a Garrison from Cool Zone coming on tomorrow to talk about this. But like they have been pointing out that like Elon just really wants to run America as like the CEO of the country. This is how he has operated I mean he basically copying and pasting emails from like his Twitter takeover. So it's basically that he's just doing what he did at Twitter, but with the US government, except the US government is a lot bigger and more complicated, and there's you know, centuries worth of like, uh, you know, norms and institutions in place to make it so that you can't just be like, you know, fire fire the entire FBI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll try.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's definitely what is happening is that these organizations are going to be reeling from just all this shit, even just like these this short first month or so, uh, like that's going to echo into the future for sure in a very substantial way. The thing that I think, just looking at the email and the seapack thing, I do want to bring up the ketamine stuff just for a second, because the email. Just looking at the whole weekend as a sequence of events, I'm like, Okay, what's going on here? Like he this email was clearly like a thing where he's like asserting dominance, and then you have other people being like no, no, no, don't listen to him, which I'm like, okay, So there's some kind of disagreement over who wields this power ultimately, and the one on stage at Seapack was different than the one in the Oval office or the one in the Hannity interview that you like, I don't know, the different Yeah, yeah, I'm like this is like I'm like, I don't know, maybe you're navigating something when you get to that Seapack stage to try and like really up your brand again and be like whoa look at the showman, Elon Musk. But this quote he gave to Don Lemon last year about his use of ketamine may give us a glimpse into what he's thinking.
Speaker 3: This is about him.
Speaker 4: This is explicitly Elon Musk talking about his use of ketamine. He says, quote, there are times when I have sort of a negative chemical state in my brain, like depression, I guess, or depression that's not linked to any negative news, and ketamine is helpful for getting one out of the negative frame of mind. So I'm like, Okay, you're putting in a weird, floppy performance on stage at Sea Pack. Now you're sending fucking emails out to millions of federal workers being like answer to fucking me.
Speaker 3: And I'm like.
Speaker 4: So you do ketamine when you're feeling down. Yeah, okay, okay, okay, I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm just saying this optimistically. This may be some kind of infighting.
Speaker 4: Now ultimately we'll see who wins, because I think that's the next question is what really is this agreement between Trump and Musk?
Speaker 3: Like, if it's the traditional.
Speaker 4: Trumpian agreement with someone like Musk, it would be like, I will use you until you are causing me too many problems, and then I will flog you and then and I can just move on and burn through a bunch of other people.
Speaker 1: But he does have that internal barometer of value, which is like who is rich? How much money does this person have? So yeah, I think Elon is like particularly well situated. But yeah, obviously Trump is ultimately self self interested and the president of the United States. So yeah, it ultimately like comes down to him or Elon. He's gonna tell me.
Speaker 4: And having Elon though there helps from I guess a pr standpoint, because he's the face of the doge antics and not Trump necessarily.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't mean the electorate feels that way.
Speaker 4: Like if you looked at the town halls that happened at the end of last week.
Speaker 3: These are Republicans going to very red districts.
Speaker 4: Most Republicans who like are in any kind of swing district, they don't really even do town halls anymore because they don't want to have to fa their constituents. So the ones that even bothered to have town halls were in very red districts and they were met with a lot of pushback, people screaming at them. And some of these Republicans are like, if you guys just gonna yell at me, there's no point in doing this, okay, So I don't know what you want me to do here, and they're like, do something. He's destroying our jobs, like we're take my my daughter lost their job, X, Y, and Z. So there there is this pressure also emerging from their own base, and I think that's where it's interesting to see how that's navigated. If Trump's goes it was all elon, I got to get rid of him. Folks were getting this thing back on track, or he's just like fuck it, bro, like welcome to the new era.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The drug point is also is interesting, like I like specifically like not linked to any sort of negative news or anything. It's you know, the amount of awful shit he's having to suppress, Like, yeah, the children he's like leaving behind, like all the horrible things he's just like doing in his personal life, let alone, you know, all the fucking lives he's ruining with what he's doing with the government, and you know, all the money you grab. It reminds me of like the end of that movie The Act of Killing, where the guy is like just has really like completely repressed the horror of what he's done. He was like the killer for this like huge ethnic cleansing genocide like mass killing that was happening America backed like years before, and now he's this like government official and they're interviewing him about all the people he killed, and like he just has this like seemingly perfect facade of like, no, we did you know, I've justified this to myself. We did what we had to do. But then at the end, like you see it like bubbling up like from like his gut, Like he like starts like burping and like having these like horrible like realizations somewhere in his body and like of like, yeah, but I'll just say it makes sense that he might have to pour more and more chemicals on top of negative feeling states in his brain.
Speaker 3: And it's not even tied to like negative news or anything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes what a weird description.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I mean this is what uh you know how fascist have operated in the past, and you know the Nazis were flying on drugs for a large yeah, because you yeah, when you're suppressing that much humanity, like of your own internal humanity, it's it's real helpful to just have tons of drugs, of course for your veins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. That helped you dissociate in ways that have you stumbling around with sunglasses on.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: But yeah, also I just want to touch on that as all this is happening fucking James Carvill, my.
Speaker 3: Guy, Oh I got James, He's got for the Democrats. This is this Listen up, y'all. This is this is wisdom straight from the mountain. This fucking bog rat will not shut his fucking sound hole up. So he's now says the dams are doing great. This is what I said, quote the great.
Speaker 4: What I've what I have said very publicly is the Democrats need to play possum.
Speaker 3: This whole thing is collapsing. Oh is it?
Speaker 1: It's Miles. You have to understand he can't make any points that don't relate to the swamp critters. That he's personally eaten raw, caught with his hands on, eating.
Speaker 4: Raw exactly with my inside beak like a squid. But the thing is, he said, the whole thing is collapsing. It's gonna be easy pickings here in six weeks. Just lay back, is what he's saying. Just it's gonna be easy pickings here in six we goes.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle of a collapse. It's old.
Speaker 4: Just like you hang a little piece of rotten chicken meat above from a tree branch into buskio and then you will see, we'll see the gata come out.
Speaker 3: Then you put the twenty two to the headed.
Speaker 4: Pop. Now you got one fresh eat it now? Yes, yeah, I'm like, okay, sure. The strategy to combat Trump is to show the people that there is no opposition to this at all. I think is what exactly Very good, James, and you can just sit back and watch them. Was that collapse? Okay? This is the exact strategy the party was using for the last decade to no avail.
Speaker 3: Okay, there the.
Speaker 1: Entire electoral strategy, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: We don't need to offer an alternative when the other option is.
Speaker 1: This ship the gesture with these guys, look.
Speaker 4: At that you think they want, and then we'll just go they're collapsing. Let's be passive because we cannot disrupt the status quo, even if it means that our backs will be first against the wall.
Speaker 3: Does he also does he think like this works?
Speaker 4: Like the way this works is the party implodes and they have to go through some kind of official complosion trial where they then give control to the Democrats.
Speaker 3: Right, Like what is he even unclear about?
Speaker 1: And they're gonna collapse?
Speaker 4: Sit back and do you collect your coupons that you didn't you turned into covort for actual seas in Congress?
Speaker 3: Right because they collapsed. That's okay, cool, James, Thanks for that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I I was thinking about that, like, you know, the conservatives one in Germany, the far right did better than they've done since World War Two. Like it feels like these drastic right word shifts keep happening everywhere that like neoliberal parties have been in power for the past uh you know, however many years and right yeah, I mean it seems pretty like straightforward. Like there are these two conditions, right. There's the one is that like the neoliberal like corporate borg state is clearly not working for the people. The people know that the one party system of like center Dems and center Republicans in America, they bailed out Wall Street banks, they fucked the people who were victimized by those banks. I think that's happening everywhere. Like people are like, well, this current system where corporations are the only thing that actually matter and people don't matter, and like we don't get any policies that actually benefit people.
Speaker 3: People are out on that like that.
Speaker 1: There's never been a point where everybody has agreed like fuck that thing as much as as much as they currently agree on that.
Speaker 3: Then the other thing totally articulated though, yeah, but it is a feeling. Yeah, that feeling does exist.
Speaker 1: And then the other feature is that like that that machine that they're saying fuck that about is like sophisticated, won't allow for anything to happen that would like break it from the left. Like it's specifically designed in a lot of cases to like convert class and economic disaffection into political energy that results in you know, uh neoliberal policy that continues to funnel you know, people's money upwards, and the left most successful parties in those countries, like the Obama Deems Mercles party in Germany, are like brilliantly designed machines designed to take the left or momentum of people's actual needs and opinions and turn it into like more of the same. But again, like people aren't stupid. They know they're getting fucked over by the status quo, no matter how many times the media tells them, like economic indicators are good because of gigwork.
Speaker 4: Here's my economic indicator, my wallet, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And so the only compromise between these two immovable facts, like the system is like you know there and impossible to overturn, and the people want it overturned is they're letting the corporate oligarchy like that, right, They're letting corporate oligarchs come in and break it because they are Ultimately it's like a compromise because it's like like the people get to feel like they're breaking the current system, and the people who are ultimately in power in the current system, like the richest people who like that system ultimately ends up serving like still maintain all their power, and so it's it just ends up being the only way that you can like take that disaffection with the system and still have the people who run the current system that is like causing all that disaffection be okay with it. And it's just that's what we just keep running into. There's this article in I think this is the New York Times. It was about like Denmark and how they're like, it's so weird. Denmark is the one place where like social democrats are doing well, like the and then they like list all these policies they passed that are specifically like trying to stop private equity by like they enacted something called the Blackstone Law. It was a reference to you know, the New York based real estate firm.
Speaker 3: Wait, they're against corporate landlords.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Like they just fuck they did policy to fight climate change. They just like passed laws that actually did stuff for people, and they're like it's weird that they're the one state where this is this isn't happening, what's going on over here, And it's just like, yeah, there's just people aren't stupid. They recognize that they're being fucked over by this system and like all you need to do is like give them policies that help them once in a while, and it just you can't get it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's also interesting to see like how uh like they talk about like, oh, how like Frederickson's policies have just like been massively successful for her and in the process marginalized the far right in her country. And you're like, it's almost as if meeting people's needs is a deterrent to extremism.
Speaker 1: She's a genius or something. I don't know. I don't know what the heck has happened?
Speaker 4: This one trick social democrats don't want you to know. All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll come back. We'll talk about Hooters going out of business. You'll never guess who's to blame. It's private equity.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's private. It's private equity.
Speaker 1: It's wokeness. Woke police came.
Speaker 3: Woquitty and we're back. We're back.
Speaker 1: And it was recently reported that Hooters is preparing to file for bankruptcy. God the way the damnit Newsweek headline that our writer jam found Hooters and bankruptcy talks what we know so far, coverly with the seriousness of Watergate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or like a fucking asteroid like like barreling through space towards what we know so far about the asteroid.
Speaker 1: Or Hooters claiming it's lack of foot traffic, which okay makes Sensese the.
Speaker 3: Most logical version.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I think not as many people are going in to buy stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah that okay.
Speaker 1: I do have to assume nobody like really plans on going to Hooters, or it's like much rare for people to like be like all right Friday Hooters night, as much as it's the thing that strikes you as a good idea for some reason as you were walking past to Hooters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was the last time I did that. I was nineteen years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The year was two thousand and three, and I was like, bro, let's go to fucking Hooters to walk about Hooters.
Speaker 1: I heard their wings are good.
Speaker 4: I used to dude, I thought I was so cool because I'd order off menu shit at the fucking Hooters.
Speaker 3: It is so fucking sad. But you knew the secret menu at.
Speaker 8: Hooters because Okay, so I used to know one of my homegirls was worked at Hooters and but she like she told me, like I was like, what the because this is how it started.
Speaker 3: I would go because she would go in and we would drink for free.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And then then she like kind of put me onto the off menu stuff and that I go in and.
Speaker 3: Be like, yo, like can I get the fucking in the Daytona style like where they'd grill the wings also, and wow, showing off to my friends.
Speaker 4: I think that's like an it's become like widely known at this point. But yeah, that was something I was very very into. But again that was twenty fucking years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyways, the predictably, the people on the right were like, it's they relax their hiring standards to be more inclusive and now Woke killed it instead. Now, the other thing that happened recently that they're not talking about is that private equity took over. Uh and like with Red Lobster and Toys r Us. Uh, you know they're really they're filing for bankruptcy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me guess they're doing the thing where they buy them buy up all the like they buy Hooters and then now they make the restaurant pay rent on the land Hooters already owns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly being the land.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they're basically they're eating it from the inside out.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I think that's how it usually works, and then they look these places are underperforming.
Speaker 1: It's actually like a really good metaphor for what we're just talking about with like the corporate like highest of the high people are that that's how you get the system to fall apart. You just pay off the people who are in charge of like making the big decisions. So, like you know, we have previous private equity episodes. There's one called like who Killed the Free Ambulance?
Speaker 3: I think with Brendan Ballou.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but private equity are these massive like shell companies that they have like companies within companies. You've never heard of them unless you like pay attention to finance.
Speaker 3: But they are like the killed one of your grandparents, yeah, or.
Speaker 1: They've killed one of your grandparents and you're currently in litigation with them. They are like three, third and fourth biggest companies in the world, like behind I think Walmart and Apple or something like. They're way the fuck up there, but you've never heard of them by design, and they're basically a series of shell companies. When they take over a company like Hooters or Toys r Us or jay Crue is another one. They just strip it for parts. Basically, the their innovation is like we take all of these different things and we get them to pay us money while extracting all the wealth from the assets that the business currently has, with absolutely no interest in making the company work. Like it's just they're just like the premises. They come in and like they're these smart consultants that tell you how to make the company work. But what they do is just like pay less money to the people who work there, you know, file for bankruptcy and like use legal proceedings to like just extract wealth. They buy the land that the business is on off of the business and then start charging them rent. Like it's all just a one sided business transaction. But with similarly to what I was saying about the oligarchy, they make it make sense to the people at the very top with like big payouts for the owners, but then everybody else just gets fucked.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, they're like, oh, okay, well I'm making and you guys are gonna be you guys will take care of me. Yeah yeah, yeah, we're gonna fucking We're gonna load this thing up with so much debt and we're gonna just we're gonna we're gonna make all the money from it, and then when it's hollowed out, you.
Speaker 3: Just flog it. Dude, that's all exactly, that's all.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, well, Hooters, Uh, I think I think you went a lot longer than you probably should have.
Speaker 1: So right, It is wild how how unwaveringly they stuck with the aesthetic that they were like just crystallized in amber. Like what this person who started Hooters in what when was it? Like the eighties? I was like, this is this is what hot babes are.
Speaker 4: And then they've also yeah, they also like did a thing where they were trying to do so much all the time. After a while, they're like, we need an airline, we need to do this, we need to do that.
Speaker 3: And I think whatever, rest in peace, Hooters, bye bye.
Speaker 1: I was actually uh shocked to see they started selling their wings as frozen food and for some reason that didn't take off.
Speaker 3: Hm hmm, so crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really oh man, who'd have believed it?
Speaker 3: Also, I mean, like again, who is this like this.
Speaker 4: Is aimed at a generation of men that like for all the people that are complaining about this, like fucking what's his face? Stephen Crowder's brother, I'm like, Okay, are you going to Hooters every week?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Then why aren't you well, why aren't you going? Like what the fuck are you talking about it? It's it's the laziest thing.
Speaker 3: But it's all. It's like, bro, you.
Speaker 4: Don't even go to fucking Hooters, right because you know it's not interesting to you. So by like, let's fucking thank you find a new angle. It's a normal sized collar everyone.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then, uh, we just want to talk about a new growth opportunity. Eggs. Smuggling is surging at the southern border. It's you know, we we've heard that smuggling at the southern border is a huge problem from the trumb administration. But they we're not talking about eggs.
Speaker 4: American smuggling things back in back in because.
Speaker 1: We are hungry, uh and need nutrition. But yeah, obviously, you know, he didn't magically lower the price of eggs, which are now at an all time high. And because eggs are cheaper elsewhere, including Mexico, people are trying to bring them into the US, which is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We're also seeing an uptick in other egg related crimes such as like theft, not not eggings, which have problem now gone way down. I have, bro, you're balling if you're fucking egging houses, right, Yeah, the people try to. They stole one hundred thousand eggs, one hundred thousand organic eggs. But the organic is important because that means like probably goes bad quicker.
Speaker 4: I don't even know, bro, Or that's just a thing that's like when people like in the early days of like selling weed, you'd be like, oh, this shit is cali weed, bro.
Speaker 1: Right, and they don't fucking know, but you say it likely weed, just like directly.
Speaker 4: What's interesting to remember we were talking about the cheese smuggling stuff and cheese theft like a few months ago, and I'm wondering too, like this is all these eggs are just basically getting sold to like restaurants to be like, because I'm sure they're like, yeah, bro, I got eggs on the cheap right now, Bro, Yeah, yeah, I'll get you like fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's a reason that like restaurant ownership is often like mob related, or you know, it's what one of the most commonly mob really did businesses is like it's not highly regulated. It's probably like fairly easy to hide earnings and move money around. And so there is, yeah, there is like this food related black market that I don't know, just this one in particular seems like it would be a stress dream that a drug smuggler would have, Like you have to smuggle thousands of eggs. But if you, first of all, they like go bad, what if your what if your whole product went bad? And second of all, like if you hit a bump, everything cracks. Like you can't even like carry it on your person with that.
Speaker 4: You can't even cram a bunch up your ass and get on a plane, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You can, but you have to crack. You have to be doing some crazy workouts. Yeah, crazy workouts. Yeah, no one is capable of that.
Speaker 4: But I mean this is also wild too that like like.
Speaker 3: It has all the buzzwords of Trump stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like southern border smuggling eggs, you know, right, And now I wonder if he's like we have to stop the inflow of illegal eggs at our southern border. That's the biggest that is the biggest threat that we face right now, illegal eggs coming in, Like.
Speaker 1: I guess he's not gonna want to. I want to talk about something that implies that Mexico is better at being a country than we are.
Speaker 4: Make up some dumb shit about how Mexican eggs are killing people or something like.
Speaker 1: That they're killing them folks you didn't know. Yeah, all right, Well, shout out to the egg smugglers, the real heroes of this country. I do, like I feel like that would be a good I don't know, like i'd want to watch a documentary on like just the like engineering feat of like building a thing to smuggle eggs with, Like how they go about that, how do they meet that challenge?
Speaker 4: This is the thing that was in the cheese story too, Like you're not moving something that's actually illegal to possess.
Speaker 1: That helped so.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be like, yeah, bro, I got I just got four hundred eggs on me. Man, I'm just delivering these, you know what I mean? Like anythink that's what's kind of that's the genius of this kind of black market. It's like you're you're dealing with stuff that isn't gonna get you any attention to get it, and.
Speaker 1: They have yeah trucks, so you're just like taking an egg truck and yeah, bro.
Speaker 3: It's boios Ermanos all over again.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm just fixing somebody with eggs inside their jacket like an idiot. So, like my experience was smuggling is like smuggling drugs into something like just on my person, and I'm like, damn, that would be much harder if they were eggs.
Speaker 3: Dude, I can't wait to see Maria full of Eggs.
Speaker 1: That was that movie was called Maria full of Drugs? Right, yeah, yeah, I think so, at least that's what my childish brain thought. All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, February twenty fourth.
Speaker 4: Actually we forgot though. Today is also the anniversary. Oh it is, Yes, we must not forget at least.
Speaker 1: One year anniversary. Yes to Willie's chocolate experience. Yes, Glasgow, Willy Wonka.
Speaker 3: Happier times, happier times.
Speaker 4: This was the day we found out about the fucked up Umpa Lumpa and the child who was made to act. But it was on their cell phone because people were Oh anyway a year known was a child?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. The OPMPA Kirsty Patterson has been conducting a number of interviews this week, claiming that she didn't even get paid the full amount she was We know that UH promised to get five hundred pounds, only paid two hundred, but in good news it was real money and not like AI generated Wonka bucks, which I think of what I would have expected. Yeah, yeah, but she's apparently working on a doc, a doc about the dude.
Speaker 4: Get as Kirsty Patterson, get as much mileage out of this thing as possible, please. And I'm not even saying I'm going to watch this documentary because I'm pretty sure I know everything already.
Speaker 3: If there is.
Speaker 4: Some new footage or something of you looking even sadder by a bunch of Bunsen burners and you know, graduated cylinders or whatever that chemistry set was you were serving lemonade from, maybe I'll watch it.
Speaker 1: But I think and like he made up all these like fake little Wonka terms or the AI. I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't give a human credit for AI's work.
Speaker 1: The ultimate sin in this economy. Uh, there has been one documentary about it already. UH, reminding me of the newsweek headline about Hooters going out of business. This one was Wonka. The scandal that rocked Britain came out of a month after the event I did.
Speaker 3: Maybe I wasn't there. I guess I wasn't boots.
Speaker 1: On the ground in uh in England when in Britain when this happened. So maybe this ship did rock. I just thought it was a fun story that the internet talking about.
Speaker 4: Did it rock Britain? Or we all just rocking back and forth with laughter? Because I think that's probably what happened.
Speaker 1: Were you just like grimly acknowledging one another in the streets and being like, how are you doing good? Considering?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like when the fires were in La Yeah, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like this whole fucking Wonka thing. Man, God damn it, this country's going to hell.
Speaker 1: Do you know anyone who was affected? Friend? Shit, a friend whose niece is three, and you know there, I guess his sister was thinking of bringing his niece.
Speaker 3: Do you remember Bradley? Yes, Yeah, who I shared a back garden with. Yes, yes, yes, his niece's friend knows the unknown.
Speaker 1: Shit all right, Well, shout out to them, Shout out to you guys for listening. Great getting back on the horse with you this Monday morning, We are back tomorrow with the who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can get your flu shots. The flu is particularly nasty this year. Ye don't do nothing about white supremacy also particularly nasty this year. And we will be back tomorrow. Bye bye,